PDA

View Full Version : Contact

Ardenttwo
21-09-2022, 06:13 AM
Just need some advice. My wife is involved in a musical theatre and this years performance in Sunshine on Leith. She has come up with the idea of getting a video clip from one of the players wishing the show all the best. It’s a big production so the idea would be to have the video clip on a big screen. I think someone like Louie would be good. Just wondering how to go about this

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 07:19 AM
Just need some advice. My wife is involved in a musical theatre and this years performance in Sunshine on Leith. She has come up with the idea of getting a video clip from one of the players wishing the show all the best. It’s a big production so the idea would be to have the video clip on a big screen. I think someone like Louie would be good. Just wondering how to go about this

Martin Boyle would be a good candidate as he was born in Leith.

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2022, 07:31 AM
Martin Boyle would be a good candidate as he was born in Leith.

Fred
Was Martin not born and raised in Aberdeen?
Sure i also read he first met his wife ,fellow Hibs player Rachel,at school in Aberdeen.

Darren McGregor was born and raised in Leith and grew up a Hibernian fan

Possible contact through the club website.
Keiran Power, or use phone/email.
Details on website,of course.

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 07:35 AM
Fred
Was Martin not born and raised in Aberdeen?
Sure i also read he first met his wife ,fellow Hibs player Rachel,at school in Aberdeen.

Darren McGregor was born and raised in Leith and grew up a Hibernian fan

He was raised in Aberdeen, but he was born in Leith.

Lazy journalists keep referring to him as ‘Aberdeen Born’…..even in Australia, but he was born in EH6.

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2022, 07:49 AM

Lazy journalists keep referring to him as ‘Aberdeen Born’…..even in Australia, but he was born in EH6.

Fred
I was born in the Eastern General Hospital,but i dont claim to be a Leither !
Leith is my place of birth,but i was raised elsewhere.
Although, i once rented a flat in Albert Street!
Big Daz is the YLT !!

BoomtownHibees
21-09-2022, 07:50 AM

Absolutely everywhere you look it says Aberdeen. I’ve never heard of him being born in Leith before, is there anywhere that shows his place of birth as Leith?

CentreForward
21-09-2022, 07:54 AM
Not saying it’s right but his Wikipedia page says he was born in Aberdeen.

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2022, 08:07 AM
Still searching for the article that mentions Martin and Rachel knew each other from school.
Hopefully(if i find it) it gives more info/details on this.

My great grandson got a number of photos taken with players after game on Saturday.
He wants to get some more at next home game.
Al get him to ask Boyler.

" Fit like,where ye from,Martin? !

OldEast
21-09-2022, 08:49 AM

Could you point us to where we can see he was born in Leith? Not saying you're wrong but it seems every website out there must be employing lazy journalists. Chance to put them right?

Hiber-nation
21-09-2022, 08:53 AM
Not saying it’s right but his Wikipedia page says he was born in Aberdeen.

He was definitely born in Edinburgh. Lived in Dunbar and moved to Aberdeen as a kid. It'll be in any press article from when we signed him on loan originally.

hibby rae
21-09-2022, 08:56 AM
You'd probbaly be better just DMing him on instagram than going through the club

overdrive
21-09-2022, 08:59 AM
You'd probbaly be better just DMing him on instagram than going through the club

Yeah I wouldn't bother with the club. Chances are they won't get back to you. My wife emailed the club and called a few times trying to get a short video message done for something and they never got back.

Edit: probably understandable as they must get lots of these requests and they wouldn't be able to do them all.

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2022, 09:09 AM
He was definitely born in Edinburgh. Lived in Dunbar and moved to Aberdeen as a kid. It'll be in any press article from when we signed him on loan originally.

I have searched and read on a number of reputable football websites.

Al state Place of Birth : Aberdeen
Can you trace the article you refer too ?
Oh! you say he was born in Edinburgh ,not Leith :greengrin:confused:

J-C
21-09-2022, 09:58 AM

Someone better tell whoever does his Wiki page as it states Aberdeen.

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2022, 10:10 AM

Barrie Wilkins the stadium announcer could probably help with this.

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 10:30 AM
Absolutely everywhere you look it says Aberdeen. I’ve never heard of him being born in Leith before, is there anywhere that shows his place of birth as Leith?

His birth certificate.

He was born in the Eastern General, Seafield Road, Edinburgh 6.

Media consistently say he was born in Aberdeen, wrongly.

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 10:34 AM

Mick

I have an early article from the News when he first got called up for the Socceroos which said he was ‘Edinburgh born” ..which he was.

If you can send me your mail addo I can forward it to you

But that’s not my sole point of reference.

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 10:37 AM
Someone better tell whoever does his Wiki page as it states Aberdeen.

I’m not sure I’d be quoting Wikipedia as the ‘source of truth’

I get that 99% of the media refer to him as ‘Aberdeen born’…which I guess says more about them………..for not checking what they write.

Callum7
21-09-2022, 10:38 AM
It states here that he was born in Dunbar. Although I’m not sure whether this means he was actually born in Dunbar or his birth was registered in Dunbar.

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/record-results?search_type=people&dl_cat=statutory&dl_rec=statutory-births&surname=Boyle&surname_so=exact&forename=Martin%20Callie&forename_so=starts&record_type=stat_births

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 10:39 AM
Fred
I was born in the Eastern General Hospital,but i dont claim to be a Leither !
Leith is my place of birth,but i was raised elsewhere.
Although, i once rented a flat in Albert Street!
Big Daz is the YLT !!

Mick

Snap on the place of birth….and snap on renting a flat in Albert St!

Mine was in 72👍

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 10:44 AM
It states here that he was born in Dunbar. Although I’m not sure whether this means he was actually born in Dunbar or his birth was registered in Dunbar.

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/record-results?search_type=people&dl_cat=statutory&dl_rec=statutory-births&surname=Boyle&surname_so=exact&forename=Martin%20Callie&forename_so=starts&record_type=stat_births

Must be the latter.

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2022, 10:47 AM
Mick

Snap on the place of birth….and snap on renting a flat in Albert St!

Mine was in 72��

Fred
Some characters in Albert St in the 70s !!
Pubs were more than lively, too.:casper:

Anyway
Be nice if the OP gets a player to do a wee film clip for their event.

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 10:54 AM

Mick

I googled ‘Edinburgh Evening News 13 November 2018 Martin Boyle’ and the article came up about how his call up made his Dad proud etc…and it mentions ‘Edinburgh born’.

However, as I said, that isn’t my sole reference.

Hiber-nation
21-09-2022, 12:09 PM

Here you go...quotes from the man himself to confirm :greengrin

https://theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2015/01/martin-boyle-joins-hibs-on-loan-from-dundee/

h1bs4life
21-09-2022, 12:18 PM

I would email Kieran Power [email protected] he has been very helpful with any dealings I have had with club

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2022, 12:25 PM

https://theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2015/01/martin-boyle-joins-hibs-on-loan-from-dundee/

:aok:

Edinburgh it is then :greengrin

Forza Fred
21-09-2022, 12:35 PM

Thank you.

Like most on this forum, in my long association with it I have been known to occasionally spout the odd bit of psih.

However, this has not been one of those times.

I guess it’s a pet hate of mine….the number of times the journo has just ‘assumed’ where he was born.

Whisper it……but you can’t believe everything that appears in the papers

Ardenttwo
21-09-2022, 01:02 PM
Thank you.

Like most on this forum, in my long association with it I have been known to occasionally spout the odd bit of psih.

However, this has not been one of those times.

I guess it’s a pet hate of mine….the number of times the journo has just ‘assumed’ where he was born.

Whisper it……but you can’t believe everything that appears in the papers

Thanks guys for all that helpful advice. I will email the address provided.

J-C
21-09-2022, 01:14 PM

👍

HibsAnnouncer
21-09-2022, 07:49 PM
Barrie Wilkins the stadium announcer could probably help with this.

If I can be any help drop me a message.

beensaidbefore
21-09-2022, 11:15 PM
Nice to read a thread where people are being polite in debate compared to the majority of threads recently.:aok::flag:

Forza Fred
22-09-2022, 03:48 AM
Nice to read a thread where people are being polite in debate compared to the majority of threads recently.:aok::flag:

Dunno about the others, but I’m 71 and Mick who I have known a long time is 70, so I think our fighting days are over😂

beensaidbefore
23-09-2022, 02:57 AM
Dunno about the others, but I’m 71 and Mick who I have known a long time is 70, so I think our fighting days are over😂

:greengrin

HoboHarry
23-09-2022, 03:09 AM

I'm only 60 so I'll still fight any khant......

JimBHibees
27-09-2022, 03:16 PM
I'm only 60 so I'll still fight any khant......

:faf: