PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Royal Family Tribute

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Whatever you think of them (and I’m delighted St Mirren won today) it was a creative way to sabotage a minutes applause.

neil7908
18-09-2022, 03:36 PM
Yup good on them. The chant wasn't against Queen Elizabeth herself, it was about monarchy.

The suppression of dissent in the UK this last week has been shocking.

Folk moaning for years about 'cancel culture' now demanding we all act and think exactly the same as them.

Mick O'Rourke
18-09-2022, 03:38 PM
Whatever you think of them (and I’m delighted St Mirren won today) it was a creative way to sabotage a minutes applause.

Sevco bigots will be telling us that lizzie got her own back and intervened there.

Scottie
18-09-2022, 03:41 PM
Just getting in from work Bob can you tell me what happened with them ?

Moulin Yarns
18-09-2022, 03:43 PM
Just getting in from work Bob can you tell me what happened with them ?

Chanting " if you hate the royal family clap your hands"
During the minutes applause.

Made me chuckle as it was inventive.

Scottie
18-09-2022, 03:46 PM

Thanks mate everything about them is so original. Probably the only song or chant they haven't stolen from another club. :greengrin

Cat Stanton
18-09-2022, 03:46 PM
The bigots will be telling us that lizzie got her own back and intervened there.

Which bigots? Sevco or Septic?

Jim44
18-09-2022, 03:48 PM
Yup good on them. The chant wasn't against Queen Elizabeth herself, it was about monarchy.

Folk moaning for years about 'cancel culture' now demanding we all act and think exactly the same as them.

Does that mean that, if and when the Pope dies, the Huns inevitable attempt to gain revenge will be OK, as it won’t be against the man himself, but against the institution of Roman Catholicism? I, frankly, would prefer both arse cheeks to maintain a respectful disregard and silence.

The Mook
18-09-2022, 03:53 PM
Thanks mate everything about them is so original. Probably the only song or chant they haven't stolen from another club. :greengrin

They probably did though. Means they can spend their time finding another 'cause' to jump on, telling everyone that will (or wont) listen how they are an institution and playing the victim.

Utter ****bags and always will be.

Billy Whizz
18-09-2022, 03:55 PM
During the minutes applause.

I thought it was the St Mirren fans that were singing this. Seemed to come from below the TV gantry

MelbourneHibees
18-09-2022, 04:00 PM

An incredible piece of spin that 😄.

Mick O'Rourke
18-09-2022, 04:01 PM
Does that mean that, if and when the Pope dies, the Huns inevitable attempt to gain revenge will be OK, as it won’t be against the man himself, but against the institution of Roman Catholicism? I, frankly, would prefer both arse cheeks to maintain a respectful disregard and silence.

Would that include the thousands that attend ibrox, but only go to church for weddings.
Like the 1690 scene in TS2

"They just hate Catholics, without really knowing why they do"

MelbourneHibees
18-09-2022, 04:01 PM
I'd be more than happy for the Huns to do that. Just as I was today when Celtic protested against this applause.

Both institutions are disgusting.

SChibs
18-09-2022, 04:07 PM

If we have a silence/applause for the Pope dying I'll treat it the same way I treated it yesterday. I hate the monarchy and religion equally

Bishop Hibee
18-09-2022, 04:14 PM
Will there be a ‘tribute’ at the Scotland v Ukraine game in Wednesday?

bingo70
18-09-2022, 04:19 PM

Probably

Mick O'Rourke
18-09-2022, 04:25 PM
Which bigots? Sevco or Septic?

sevco bigots and OO members support the monarchy because it is an anti Catholic institution.
So,you figure my earlier reply out. Its not difficult :greengrin

In fact, i edited it for you :greengrin:aok:

marinello59
18-09-2022, 04:31 PM
I thought it was the St Mirren fans that were singing this. Seemed to come from below the TV gantry

Celtic fans. They had a banner with it on as well.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-09-2022, 04:37 PM

Probably, expecting Ukrainians to stand in silence for a dead 96 year old whilst their countrymen die in their thousands, without a thought of marking their deaths in any way, will be an appropriate end to the current celebration of insanity.

Bishop Hibee
18-09-2022, 04:38 PM
I should suspect there will be a minutes applause but it won’t be observed without protest. I’ll be there and won’t observe it.

Sir David Gray
18-09-2022, 05:01 PM

I would expect so.

Greenwich_Hibby
18-09-2022, 05:01 PM
That we are even having this purile debate in 2022 is embarrassing. And as for the 'look at me's' chanting at ER yesterday, have a look at yourself.

Amazinsauzee
18-09-2022, 05:08 PM
That we are even having this purile debate in 2022 is embarrassing. And as for the 'look at me's' chanting at ER yesterday, have a look at yourself.

The fact there is a Queen/King in 2022 is even more embarrassing

Greenwich_Hibby
18-09-2022, 05:18 PM
Stop kidding yourself. This is all about Scotland's sectarian shame in which there is no side to better the other. Bloody dark ages.

Pagan Hibernia
18-09-2022, 05:26 PM

of course. Nothing new there. The bores who moan about ‘cancel culture’, ‘wokeness’ and ‘political correctness’ are the very first to get offended when someone expresses a different opinion to them.

Bishop Hibee
18-09-2022, 06:12 PM
Stop kidding yourself. This is all about Scotland's sectarian shame in which there is no side to better the other. Bloody dark ages.

Garbage. For right minded people it’s about whether you see the Monarchy as an appropriate institution in a 21st century democracy. The sectarian side of it is a mainly OF sideshow.

Hibernia&Alba
18-09-2022, 06:30 PM
I get it; it was irreverent and not disgusting, in the way 'Lizzie's in a box' is, but I would prefer to just leave it out. There is a serious debate to be had about the monarchy and unelected, hereditary power and privilege, but chanting at the football isn't the way, any more than it's the way to discuss religion and sectarianism. It can only produce the lowest common denominator.

Greenwich_Hibby
18-09-2022, 06:57 PM
Agree, this should be about common decency, nothing else. There's a time and a place. This wasn't it. Leave it at that.

cabbageandribs1875
18-09-2022, 07:14 PM

this

Sylar
18-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Nice of them to then follow it up with a 90 minute silence. Well in Saintees :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
18-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Just notice the hun fanzine that is the Record has tacked us onto the Dundee United fans protest at Ibrox…

judas
18-09-2022, 07:21 PM
I wonder if we are are likely to see Charles dressed in his mothers bridal veil anytime soon.

bod
18-09-2022, 07:29 PM
Just notice the hun fanzine that is the Record has tacked us onto the Dundee United fans protest at Ibrox…

Why wouldn’t they ? There was a small protest at ER as well from both set of fans unless they’ve not mentioned the away section.

the_ginger_hibee
18-09-2022, 07:33 PM
I wonder if we are are likely to see Charles dressed in his mothers bridal veil anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure I seen that on front of one of last weeks Daily Mails.

Prof. Shaggy
18-09-2022, 07:35 PM
I get it; it was irreverent and not disgusting, in the way 'Lizzie's in a box' is, but I would prefer to just leave it out. There is a serious debate to be had about the monarchy and unelected, hereditary power and privilege, but chanting at the football isn't the way, any more than it's the way to discuss religion and sectarianism. It can only produce the lowest common denominator.

When's that happening?

Mcbizz1998
18-09-2022, 07:36 PM

Why?

hibby rae
18-09-2022, 07:38 PM
Why?

Because a truly democratic country would elect their heads of state, and they wouldn't fund one family who achieve wealth through the privilege of birth.

allmodcons
Probably, expecting Ukrainians to stand in silence for a dead 96 year old whilst their countrymen die in their thousands, without a thought of marking their deaths in any way, will be an appropriate end to the current celebration of insanity.

Good post.

Brief, but sums up the **** we are spoon fed to accept as the war in Ukraine takes a back seat because a 96 year old woman has died.

Hibernia&Alba
When's that happening?

Indeed. Not a peep on the hundreds of hours of TV coverage since the queen died. It should be a valid discussion, yet a large percentage of the population has been frozen out.

Hibernia&Alba
18-09-2022, 07:39 PM
Why?

I hope that's a rhetorical question.

Mcbizz1998
18-09-2022, 07:41 PM
Because a truly democratic country would elect their heads of state, and they wouldn't fund one family who achieve wealth through the privilege of birth.

Any country that retains a monarchy isn’t truly democratic?

chippy
18-09-2022, 07:43 PM
I'd be more than happy for the Huns to do that. Just as I was today when Celtic protested against this applause.

Both institutions are disgusting.

Re religions is it just the Roman Catholic church you find disgusting?

Hibernia&Alba
18-09-2022, 07:47 PM

Our country isn't. Head of state by accident of birth; upper house of parliament appointed by the establishment; First Past the Post electoral system that skews election results; local government stripped of powers and centralisation. A cross on a ballot paper every four or five years enables an elected dictatorship. What kind of democracy is that?

allmodcons
When's that happening?

Now should be the time but given that freedom of speech has been cancelled whilst we are all 'officially' mourning it's just not going to happen.

cameronw-hfc

There's a very valid democracy comment here about Scotland but ill leave that for the politics threads, but yeah, any country who retains a monarchy imo isn't fully democratic.

Suburban Hibby

No the Diet Huns beat the Full Fats to that at Hampden when the last Pope died.

Leith Green
18-09-2022, 08:02 PM

The way its going we will still be having tributes in 2030.. Whole thing has just became a circus.

Pagan Hibernia
18-09-2022, 08:13 PM

depends what you mean by “truly democratic”

I’d argue that any country with a representative democracy isn’t truly democratic but that’s by the by and nothing to do with the monarchy debate

SChibs
18-09-2022, 08:40 PM
Agree, this should be about common decency, nothing else. There's a time and a place. This wasn't it. Leave it at that.

When is the time and where is the place? This is exactly it so it gets the most publicity.

hibby rae
18-09-2022, 08:48 PM

Of course. The monarchical concept is an undemocratic institution.

Cat Stanton
18-09-2022, 08:48 PM
sevco bigots and OO members support the monarchy because it is an anti Catholic institution.
So,you figure my earlier reply out. Its not difficult :greengrin

In fact, i edited it for you :greengrin:aok:

Eh.. I was just making a little joke. Take it easy.

hibee-boys
18-09-2022, 08:56 PM
It’s a ceremonial role, when was the last time our ‘head of state’ intervened to change or block laws decided by our democratically elected parliament. I’m no fan of the Royal Family but we only need to look at the quality of own democratically elected leaders and consider whether an elected head of state would be any better. Probably more likely they’d be more easily influenced by the true people of power in this country, much like the majority in Westminster.

As for the self proclaimed ‘best fans in the world’? They’re as bad as their Glasgow rivals. By all means protest against the royal family but how often have led that cause prior to last week🤔

hibby rae
18-09-2022, 08:58 PM
It’s a ceremonial role, when was the last time our ‘head of state’ intervened to change or block laws decided by our democratically elected parliament. I’m no fan of the Royal Family but we only need to look at the quality of own democratically elected leaders and consider whether an elected head of state would be any better. Probably more likely they’d be more easily influenced by the true people of power in this country, much like the majority in Westminster.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/08/royals-vetted-more-than-1000-laws-via-queens-consent

cabbageandribs1875
18-09-2022, 09:03 PM

the queens lawyers have checked over 1000 parliamentary Bills over the years to make sure they didn't affect the monarchy in any way,shape or form, if any bill did they damn well would have/and will intervene.

cabbageandribs1875
18-09-2022, 09:09 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/08/royals-vetted-more-than-1000-laws-via-queens-consent

snap :hilarious

hibby rae
18-09-2022, 09:10 PM
snap :hilarious

👏👏

CropleyWasGod
18-09-2022, 09:14 PM

As for the self proclaimed ‘best fans in the world’? They’re as bad as their Glasgow rivals. By all means protest against the royal family but how often have led that cause prior to last week🤔

The House of Lords is part of Parliament, it has the power to block laws, and it isn't democratically elected.

hibee-boys
18-09-2022, 09:18 PM
the queens lawyers have checked over 1000 parliamentary Bills over the years to make sure they didn't affect the monarchy in any way,shape or form, if any bill did they damn well would have/and will intervene.

Any bill would still require parliamentary approval, granted by an elected body. My point is that the head of state hasn’t, from my knowledge, blocked laws approved by parliament which, in theory, they would have to power to do. I’ve no doubt many people have sought to ‘influence’ bills over the years by lobbying parliamentarians so my point stands so I think we’ll just leave it at that👍

Musselbound
18-09-2022, 09:20 PM

Surely not! The ten days of 'national mourning' will be over. Time to move on!

hibee-boys
The House of Lords is part of Parliament, it has the power to block laws, and it isn't democratically elected.

Yes, spot on. I’d be getting rid of the House of Lords well before I was stressing about the role of the monarchy has had historically on the passing of laws in this country.

Jamesie
Any bill would still require parliamentary approval, granted by an elected body. My point is that the head of state hasn’t, from my knowledge, blocked laws approved by parliament which, in theory, they would have to power to do. I’ve no doubt many people have sought to ‘influence’ bills over the years by lobbying parliamentarians so my point stands so I think we’ll just leave it at that👍

The last bill that was refused assent by the Sovereign was the Scottish Militia Bill during Queen Anne's reign in 1708.

Mick O'Rourke
18-09-2022, 09:21 PM
Eh.. I was just making a little joke. Take it easy.

That did occur to me,CT.
But i posted the other stuff anyway for others who may not have "got it":aok:

Hibs won the league when she became Queen in Feb 1952.
My birth year Jan 1952
So a lot of Christmas days listening to queens address.
No option.. on all the few channels back in the day
If you believe in omens. The 1952 thing.
Get a bob or two on the Hibees
You never know

CyberSauzee
18-09-2022, 09:40 PM
Forgot about this. We should keep everything out of football before kick off and just start the game.

https://twitter.com/CatholicArena/status/1571252949174685696?t=sMtm4DK-64FVswIO_TobyQ&s=19

FilipinoHibs
19-09-2022, 03:48 AM
Recent YouGov poll show majority of Scots want monarchy abolished. 60% of 18 to 24 year olds across the UK want the same thing. Let's not forget the Saxe-Coburg/Gothas are a dysfunctional inbred family descended from land stealers who enslaved people in serfdom. Well done the Celtic fans.

Mcbizz1998
19-09-2022, 07:52 AM
Time of the St Mirren goals, 43+53 = 96.

Spoooooky!

danhibees1875
19-09-2022, 08:15 AM
Recent YouGov poll show majority of Scots want monarchy abolished. 60% of 18 to 24 year olds across the UK want the same thing. Let's not forget the Saxe-Coburg/Gothas are a dysfunctional inbred family descended from land stealers who enslaved people in serfdom. Well done the Celtic fans.

Do you have a link/source for that?

It seems to be at odds with recent polling.

Mick O'Rourke
19-09-2022, 08:26 AM
Many places are closed today
Edinburgh Zoo has closed its doors .
The King Cobras,Queen Bees and Crown Penguins led a delegation to close.

Animal Farm it is then !!

Mcbizz1998
19-09-2022, 08:27 AM

And only 18-24 year olds, an age bracket famous for their well thought out and reasonable opinions that absolutely will not change.

Moulin Yarns
19-09-2022, 08:36 AM

I think it's linked in one or more of the threads about the firm or demise of the monarch in the holy ground.

Yes, the poster only highlights one age group.

Steve20
19-09-2022, 08:50 AM
If you don’t like a minutes applause, then just don’t do it.

Behaving like morons by booing or singing during it doesn’t really do anything other than make you look pathetic.

He's here!
19-09-2022, 09:33 AM

Behaving like morons by booing or singing during it doesn’t really do anything other than make you look pathetic.

IIRC Celtic fans were in uproar when the Hearts support disrupted a silence for the Pope at a Hampden cup semi. Makes their behaviour yesterday look all the more petty.

Malthibby
19-09-2022, 10:18 AM

Yup, the crux of the matter.

easty
19-09-2022, 10:20 AM
IIRC Celtic fans were in uproar when the Hearts support disrupted a silence for the Pope at a Hampden cup semi. Makes their behaviour yesterday look all the more petty.

Does it?

The Mook
19-09-2022, 10:32 AM
Does it?

Yes - how would it not?

If the rest of the world didnt know before about a large section of the Celtc following being utter vermin its become pretty clear now.

Apart from the Scousers, who are kind of like England's Celtc, that minutes silence was by and large impeccably observed across England. Will be interesting to see whether this affects the victims' participation in friendlies down south in the future.

As for them and the other cheeks whoreing themselves to the EPL, they were sussed long ago as to what theyre all about.

easty
19-09-2022, 10:37 AM
Yes - how would it not?

It was 17 years ago, for a start.

hibsbollah
19-09-2022, 10:39 AM
Yes - how would it not?

If the rest of the world didnt know before about a large section of the Celtc following being utter vermin its become pretty clear now.

Apart from the Scousers, who are kind of like England's Celtc, that minutes silence was by and large impeccably observed across England. Will be interesting to see whether this affects the victims' participation in friendlies down south in the future.

As for them and the other cheeks whoreing themselves to the EPL, they were sussed long ago as to what theyre all about.

The EPL care about money. If it made financial sense for the majority of owners it would happen. It doesn’t so it won’t. What the fans are like, how much prejudice is displayed or not displayed, is totally immaterial to whether it happens.

The Mook
19-09-2022, 10:42 AM
It was 17 years ago, for a start.

and of course their sectarian songbook is so up to date :greengrin

easty
19-09-2022, 10:46 AM
and of course their sectarian songbook is so up to date :greengrin

Fair point 😂

There has to be a time limit on whataboutery though. You cannae say “you have a cheek doing this to the queens silence given how annoyed yous were about that pope one 17 years ago”.

The Mook
19-09-2022, 10:47 AM
The EPL care about money. If it made financial sense for the majority of owners it would happen. It doesn’t so it won’t. What the fans are like, how much prejudice is displayed or not displayed, is totally immaterial to whether it happens.

Whilst both cheeks are undoubtedly huge clubs with massive followings, the baggage that comes with them makes it increasingly difficult to make a case for accepting them in that league.

Even assuming they started lower down, can you imagine the carnage if the likes of Celtc carry on like that at places such as Millwall.

Youve still got big clubs with large followings that have been out of the EPL for many years such as Sheff Weds which would be a welcome addition to that league without any of the associated bawbaggery that comes with the bigot brothers.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-09-2022, 11:15 AM
https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/1571613778411757569?t=KkpatlKaJV6Bh9nMAxfKaA&s=19

Bill doesny find it funny...

JimBHibees
19-09-2022, 11:26 AM
And only 18-24 year olds, an age bracket famous for their well thought out and reasonable opinions that absolutely will not change.

Not at all condescending many of this age group will be educated and more modern thinking

SChibs
19-09-2022, 11:49 AM
Not at all condescending many of this age group will be educated and more modern thinking

Give me that age group over the older bunch that get all their news from Facebook, the BBC and newspapers

Spike Mandela
19-09-2022, 12:16 PM

It’s all about the banter.:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-09-2022, 12:32 PM
If the banner said, if you hate the Royal Family have a shower, then there would at least be a serious commitment that they would have to make.

JimBHibees
19-09-2022, 01:09 PM
Give me that age group over the older bunch that get all their news from Facebook, the BBC and newspapers

Absolutely

7-Zip_Mike
19-09-2022, 01:17 PM

100%

cabbageandribs1875
19-09-2022, 01:44 PM
just saw a clip earlier on, very creative :applause:

Greenwich_Hibby
19-09-2022, 04:39 PM
https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/1571613778411757569?t=KkpatlKaJV6Bh9nMAxfKaA&s=19

And he's spot on. Embarrassing.

Crunchie
19-09-2022, 04:45 PM
And he's spot on. Embarrassing.
They embarrass themselves everywhere they go, they're too thick or drunk to realise it.

hibee-boys
19-09-2022, 05:04 PM

Not often I agree with Bill Leckie but he’s nailed it for me.

The Mook
19-09-2022, 05:05 PM
They embarrass themselves everywhere they go, they're too thick or drunk to realise it.

They have and continue to do. The rest of Scotland have always been aware of their modus operandi. If there is one positive thing to come out of this is that due to the reach of social media etc they are actively showing the world what they are all about.

Not a good look for the manks

Since90+2
19-09-2022, 05:31 PM
People get far too easily offended about everything these days.

Whilst families and children literally struggle to eat we have people commenting on people signing songs and bits of paper with letters on them. And ignorance isn't an excuse these days, it's widely known the struggles a good proportion of society face.

Personally, I think society would be in a better place if people called out proper injustice rather than greeting about, ultimately meaningless crap like this.

Colr
19-09-2022, 05:33 PM

Not necessary or advisable.

hibsbollah
19-09-2022, 05:36 PM
Whilst both cheeks are undoubtedly huge clubs with massive followings, the baggage that comes with them makes it increasingly difficult to make a case for accepting them in that league.

Even assuming they started lower down, can you imagine the carnage if the likes of Celtc carry on like that at places such as Millwall.

Youve still got big clubs with large followings that have been out of the EPL for many years such as Sheff Weds which would be a welcome addition to that league without any of the associated bawbaggery that comes with the bigot brothers.

As someone with an extended family of big Wednesday fans I agree. The problem is they’ve been garbage for years and have no money. It’s really immaterial to the Huntic discussion though because they are already in the English league structure. All they need to do a Leeds or a Forest is either a genius coach or £100 million of oil money.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-09-2022, 07:50 PM
They have and continue to do. The rest of Scotland have always been aware of their modus operandi. If there is one positive thing to come out of this is that due to the reach of social media etc they are actively showing the world what they are all about.

Not a good look for the manks

Not sure 'they' is the right word. This was written as much about the absolute roasters in our support at the weekend, chanting away, filming themselves without a clue what the hell they were singing other than, they wanted their puss on Twitter. Clowns.

I'm Spartacus
20-09-2022, 01:55 PM

Have a word with yourself.

MWHIBBIES
20-09-2022, 02:17 PM

He's spot on. It's embarrassing enough without them keeping Andrew the sex offender out of jail.

A billionaire family and we funded her funeral. Disgusting.

I didn't disrupt the minutes applause at ER but I didn't clap. It's all a load of nonsense. And huns and Celtic were never going to miss this chance to embarrass us all.

The Mook
20-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Not sure 'they' is the right word. This was written as much about the absolute roasters in our support at the weekend, chanting away, filming themselves without a clue what the hell they were singing other than, they wanted their puss on Twitter. Clowns.

Agree, in some ways I was looking to deflect attention onto the ultimate bellends. Unfortunately there is a small minority in our own support who did disgrace themselves and by association, the rest of us.

Why you would want to actually film yourself acting like a degenerate ****bag is beyond me. The youts of today :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
20-09-2022, 04:06 PM

Whilst families and children literally struggle to eat we have people commenting on people signing songs and bits of paper with letters on them. And ignorance isn't an excuse these days, it's widely known the struggles a good proportion of society face.

Personally, I think society would be in a better place if people called out proper injustice rather than greeting about, ultimately meaningless crap like this.

Wish we had a like button.:aok:

Mick O'Rourke
20-09-2022, 04:18 PM
He's spot on. It's embarrassing enough without them keeping Andrew the sex offender out of jail.

A billionaire family and we funded her funeral. Disgusting.

I didn't disrupt the minutes applause at ER but I didn't clap. It's all a load of nonsense. And huns and Celtic were never going to miss this chance to embarrass us all.

Add to that
Every city,town and village council's the length and breadth,forking out for local memorials,displays on bus shelters,etc.
Big Telly's in Holyrood Park.
Handful with fold up chairs and a dog turn up.
Seemed to be more polis than punters in the Canongate the other day.
Reminded me of the Miner's Strike,when cops made a mint.
Leave cancelled for 2 weeks boys and girls.
Sign here for your double and treble time.
Easy shifts.
However ,if any citizen shows any display of dissent.
Huckle them right away.
Pay no mind to that, officer,hud oan a minute, blah,blah,democratic ,my rights nonsense.

Liam978
20-09-2022, 04:24 PM
Add to that
Every city,town and village council's the length and breadth forking out for local memorials,displays on bus shelters,etc.
Big Telly's in Holyrood Park.
Handful with fold up chairs and a dog turn up.
Seemed to be more polis than punters in the Canongate the other day.
Leave cancelled this week boys and girls.
Sign here for your double and treble time
Easy shifts.
However ,if any citizen shows any display of dissent.
Huckle them right away.
Pay no mind to that democratic ,my rights nonsense

Utter nonsense, could not get near the canongate and there were hundreds at holyrood yesterday .

Mick O'Rourke
20-09-2022, 04:40 PM
Utter nonsense, could not get near the canongate and there were hundreds at holyrood yesterday .
Calm doon,gadjie.:greengrin

Crowds in the Canongate.
Well ,plenty cops right enough.
Most of it past knox's hoose is no much wider than my garden path.
I know it very well.
And pictures i saw taken in the park showed a few dozen if that
.Did not justify setting up TV screens
Some one slipped up there Good job it didnae rain !
Probably more polis there.
Whatever, it didn't justify big screen expense and thousands that would have cost in time,labour,etc.
So yes,it was utter nonsense
.Only a devout staunch monarchist would say otherwise,of course.

Anyway back to the fitba
You can have another applause at Hampden the morn!

GGTTH
SOL
HGSP

Liam978
20-09-2022, 04:53 PM

I never mentioned crowds in the Canongate.
Most of it is no wider than my garden path. !
I know it very well.
And pictures i saw taken in the park showed a few dozen if that.
Whatever, it didn't justify big screen expense and thousands that would have cost in time,labour,etc.
.Only a devout staunch monarchist would say otherwise,of coujrse.

GGTTH
SOL
HGSP

Well now you know the pictures didnt tell the whole truth. i live in Abbeymount and know different. Also not a Monarchist, but think the Queen deserves some respect, I'm a died in the wool Hibby, who in no way would prefer one side of the bigot brothers to the other like some.

jacomo
20-09-2022, 05:03 PM

Bang on.

I think those disrupting marks of respect are wrong, for many reasons, but the over reach of the police in arresting people for expressing an opinion is outrageous.

These folk who bleat about cancel culture would prefer a fascist state where anyone who doesn’t think like them gets punished.

Amazinsauzee
20-09-2022, 05:06 PM

Are you having a laugh?

At a time when more and more people are having to turn to foodbanks. Families not able to afford the heating they will need this winter.

Maybe you are right it’s not embarrassing, it’s absolutely disgusting.

Mick O'Rourke
20-09-2022, 05:15 PM
Well now you know the pictures didnt tell the whole truth. i live in Abbeymount and know different. Also not a Monarchist, but think the Queen deserves some respect, I'm a died in the wool Hibby, who in no way would prefer one side of the bigot brothers to the other like some.

That will be the zombies and the monarchy then . Both are bigoted.
The monarchy does not "deserve" respect.
I did not mention the queen either.
Its the whole costly event i was initially responding too in another post.
We shall just have to agree to disagree.

Edit
Quite struck that many who rightly condemn bigotry in Scottish football ,but do appear to defend an institution that is inherently bigoted.

GGTTH

The_Exile
20-09-2022, 05:18 PM

You are absolutely bang on the money. People are starving out there and we will likely have folk sitting freezing and suffering in their homes this winter. If everyone focussed their energy and irk into why that's happening instead of this tripe we might actually start getting somewhere with society.

The Mook
20-09-2022, 05:28 PM

Crowds in the Canongate.
I know it very well.

Anyway back to the fitba

GGTTH
SOL
HGSP

This was the the largest gathering of elected leaders, heads of state, royalty and global dignitaries in history. Yet you denounce it as 'nonsense' and moan about a big screen?

Welcome to Scotland!

I know youre 70 but FFS son

Mick O'Rourke
20-09-2022, 05:45 PM
This was the the largest gathering of elected leaders, heads of state, royalty and global dignitaries in history. Yet you denounce it as 'nonsense' and moan about a big screen?

Welcome to Scotland!

I know youre 70 but FFS son

FFS,son
And you moan about my post:greengrin
I said nothing about a large gathering in London,son
If you enjoyed watching them all
Good for you,son
Al leave my views at that
Its off topic,too :greengrin

The Mook
20-09-2022, 06:07 PM
FFS,son
And you moan about my post:greengrin
I said nothing about a large gathering in London,son
If you enjoyed watching them all
Good for you,son

and yet when the eyes of the world are on Edinburgh, you wanted someone to 'slip up' and the whole thing to fail??:confused:

ekhibee
20-09-2022, 06:32 PM

Loads of countries have a monarchy, not just the UK.

Amazinsauzee
20-09-2022, 06:50 PM

Absolutely, loads that don’t as well mind you

Hibernia&Alba
20-09-2022, 06:58 PM

Which I regard as equally embarrassing, but every country has the right to its own system. Very few monarchies that I'm aware of are as lavish as ours, too.

Lago
20-09-2022, 08:35 PM
Which I regard as equally embarrassing, but every country has the right to its own system. Very few monarchies that I'm aware of are as lavish as ours, too.
Sultan of Brunie

He's here!
20-09-2022, 09:42 PM

Crowds in the Canongate.
I know it very well.

Anyway back to the fitba

GGTTH
SOL
HGSP

I watched the whole funeral and thought it was an amazing occasion. However, unless you happened to be passing through Holyrood Park I'm unclear why anyone would have chosen to watch it there when it was on TV. If there was a need for a big screen anywhere it should probably have been in the city centre.

Mass gatherings/big screens in London I understand as folk want to feel part of the occasion in the city where it's taking place, but Scotland's moment for the crowds was last week when tens of thousand turned out to pay their respects to Her Majesty.

Like the vast majority of viewers in Scotland yesterday we watched on TV, with tea and biscuits on tap. It was noticeable when I finally took the poor dog out for a walk afterwards that about half the neighbourhood seemed to be doing the same :-)

macca70
21-09-2022, 09:50 AM
about 5 billion people worldwide tuned in for the funeral on Monday, about 65% or even more of the global population.

like it or not, folk were interested, those that weren't seemed to be in the minority.

Green Brigade seeking attention as usual with a non-football related banner/statement.

Quite disrespectful to those that did want to have a minute's reflection/applause for the queens commitment to the role.

They'd take the moral high ground if a minute's silence or applause was disrespected for something they were in favour of eg the pope

Made themselves look really stupid especially since they got pumped by St Mirren.

Folk would be much more impressed if they channelled their energy into football related displays and support their team without the constant political or non-football related messages and displays.

Onceinawhile
21-09-2022, 09:58 AM
about 5 billion people worldwide tuned in for the funeral on Monday, about 65% or even more of the global population.

like it or not, folk were interested, those that weren't seemed to be in the minority.

Green Brigade seeking attention as usual with a non-football related banner/statement.

Quite disrespectful to those that did want to have a minute's reflection/applause for the queens commitment to the role.

They'd take the moral high ground if a minute's silence or applause was disrespected for something they were in favour of eg the pope

Made themselves look really stupid especially since they got pumped by St Mirren.

Folk would be much more impressed if they channelled their energy into football related displays and support their team without the constant political or non-football related messages and displays.

nowhere near 5 billion people tuned in. In fact, the Euro final between England and Italy got a bigger audience in the UK than the funeral.

macca70
21-09-2022, 10:08 AM
nowhere near 5 billion people tuned in. In fact, the Euro final between England and Italy got a bigger audience in the UK than the funeral.

It was expected 4.1 billion worldwide would tune in. More than half the global population.

Yeah, within the UK, 32 million tuned in for the England v Italy final. 26 million for the funeral.

The Tubs
21-09-2022, 10:08 AM

5 billion sounds like complete nonsense.

The Tubs
21-09-2022, 10:09 AM
It was between 4 and 5 billion worldwide. More than half the global population.

Yeah, within the UK, 32 million tuned in for the England v Italy final. 26 million for the funeral.

Can you provide a source, please?

I found the following:

https://fullfact.org/news/Queen-funeral-viewing-figures/

hibby rae
21-09-2022, 10:21 AM

Their banner/statement was non-football related to the same extent as the minute's applause was though, and it was a direct reaction to it. I thought it was fair enough given the one-sideness of the coverage to the monarchy.

People also had 10 days to reflect, did they need another minute?

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2022, 10:23 AM

Less than half the UK population tuned in to Monday's funeral.
26.2m according to Broadcasters' Audience Research Board.(BARB)
And that was over multiple TV channels.
Online streaming may add to,and have that figure higher.

Diana's funeral 32.1m.
Both England's WC Final in 66 and Euro Final in 2021 also had higher TV viewing figures.
32.2m and 29.95m respectively.
The global figures are also disputed by BARB

The Green Brigade are not universally popular at Celtic Park,let alone elsewhere !
So much energy could be better utilised than the controversial stuff they constantly engage in.
Mostly of course,not football related.
They like to express their view on many issues ,of course.
They wont bother too much with any critics.
Hasn't in the past. Might be some sanctions coming soon
But the recent displays of"dissent" shown were not at Celtic Park.

Lago
21-09-2022, 10:25 AM
Time this was wrapped up and parked, time to get back to a football forum, plenty of other non football outlets for politics, religion etc.

PatHead
21-09-2022, 10:39 AM
You are absolutely bang on the money. People are starving out there and we will likely have folk sitting freezing and suffering in their homes this winter. If everyone focussed their energy and irk into why that's happening instead of this tripe we might actually start getting somewhere with society.

Don't worry we only need to switch our heating off for while to be able to afford the cost of the coronation now.

CapitalGreen
21-09-2022, 10:54 AM
Time this was wrapped up and parked, time to get back to a football forum, plenty of other non football outlets for politics, religion etc.

When football is cancelled and memorials are held/disrupted due to the Royal Family it’s not a non-football issue.

hibby rae
21-09-2022, 11:07 AM
When football is cancelled and memorials are held/disrupted due to the Royal Family it’s not a non-football issue.

Plus we've still got the one to go at Hampden tonight 🍿🍿

Lago
21-09-2022, 11:11 AM
Plus we've still got the one to go at Hampden tonight 🍿🍿
Well it will make a difference the boos aimed not at the team for a change.

ronaldo7
21-09-2022, 11:21 AM
Can you provide a source, please?

I found the following:

https://fullfact.org/news/Queen-funeral-viewing-figures/

Someone on bbc radio Stoke said so. Must be true. 😂