PDA

View Full Version : The Regular Folk You See At The Football

LustForLeith
17-09-2022, 05:54 PM
Funny how you get pally with folk you sit next to at the football without knowing anything about them.

I’ve been sitting next to a family and behind another for about five years, maybe longer. Couldn’t tell you their names or what they do for a living. But for ninety minutes every second week at Easter Road we’re best pals, swapping insights, exchanging opinions and celebrating goals.

Love stuff like that.

Keith_M
17-09-2022, 07:28 PM
Funny how you get pally with folk you sit next to at the football without knowing anything about them.

I’ve been sitting next to a family and behind another for about five years, maybe longer. Couldn’t tell you their names or what they do for a living. But for ninety minutes every second week at Easter Road we’re best pals, swapping insights, exchanging opinions and celebrating goals.

Love stuff like that.

Which section are you in?

SChibs
18-09-2022, 04:13 PM
Good to hear. I always seem to get plonked next to some randoms shouting abuse at certain players and telling everyone how crap we are.

Smartie
18-09-2022, 04:46 PM
It always warms the heart when I see someone who was near me in the old East. When the new stand was built we scattered in our own wee groups.

Obviously some are ageing better than others.

Lago
18-09-2022, 05:04 PM
I had a season ticket in the old East and sat next to a great guy and his son, however when they initially started reconstruction I moved to the FF lower, big mistake ended up with the most obnoxious family behind me a real blow hard next to me. Gave up my season ticket.

Carheenlea
18-09-2022, 05:40 PM
I was in Next with my wife and kids one time and bumped into the woman who sat next to me at Easter Road when my ST was in the East for a good few years. Always had a blether before the game and asking about my family etc and what we were up to, holiday destinations, events, first days at school, ailments and so on. She was thrilled to put faces to the people we chatted about and when I introduced her to my wife I suddenly realised I hadn’t a clue what her name was. I had to introduce her as “this is the lady I sit next to at Easter Road”. :hilarious

Keith_M
18-09-2022, 05:43 PM
I was in Next with my wife and kids one time and bumped into the woman who sat next to me at Easter Road when my ST was in the East for a good few years. Always had a blether before the game and asking about my family etc and what we were up to, holiday destinations, events, first days at school, ailments and so on. She was thrilled to put faces to the people we chatted about and when I introduced her to my wife I suddenly realised I hadn’t a clue what her name was. I had to introduce her as “this is the lady I sit next to at Easter Road”. :hilarious

Did your Missus give a you a suspicious look?

:wink:

hibby rae
18-09-2022, 08:46 PM

Love stuff like that.

Same 8 years me and my brother have sat next to the same folk in the East. Chat away all the time, no idea what their names are 😂

Used to sit elsewhere but we moved cause of the most miserable Hibe supporters I've ever known sitting behind us. No idea why they botherd going!