PDA

View Full Version : Magennis

GGTTH07
16-09-2022, 02:55 PM
Delighted he seems to be nearing his full fitness. Really will be like a new signing, in a position I think were needing someone exactly like him. Nisbet back soon hopefully and suddenly we look very good squad depth wise.

Mcbizz1998
16-09-2022, 03:52 PM
Yep saw him in the photos on Hibs twitter. Looks like he is right back in with the team for training now?

Hibby Kay-Yay
16-09-2022, 04:01 PM
Yep saw him in the photos on Hibs twitter. Looks like he is right back in with the team for training now?

Would rather see him in midfield as we’ve got good cover at right back

Mcbizz1998
16-09-2022, 04:01 PM
Would rather see him in midfield as we’ve got good cover at right back

Haha!

JohnM1875
16-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Even managed to play in a few bounce games according to LJ. Really positive and looking forward to having him available again.

McGruber
16-09-2022, 05:03 PM
Delighted he seems to be nearing his full fitness. Really will be like a new signing, in a position I think were needing someone exactly like him. Nisbet back soon hopefully and suddenly we look very good squad depth wise.

Hopefully McGeady won't be too far away either and can stay fit for the rest of the season (realise that's optimistic).

Dmas
16-09-2022, 05:07 PM
Hopefully McGeady won't be too far away either and can stay fit for the rest of the season (realise that's optimistic).

I saw mcgeady yesterday on the school run, moon boot is off but still with a limp don’t think he looks close but I’m also not medically trained

Hibee Mac
16-09-2022, 05:12 PM
Will be great to have him back but I'm not putting any expectations on him staying fit this season. Would love to be proven wrong but got to be realistic too...

Mick O'Rourke
16-09-2022, 05:19 PM
I saw mcgeady yesterday on the school run, moon boot is off but still with a limp don’t think he looks close but I’m also not medically trained

Must be getting there if he is running 🏃

Dmas
16-09-2022, 05:37 PM
Must be getting there if he is running 🏃

😂

SMAXXA
16-09-2022, 10:40 PM
The plan is he is back for the Motherwell game to make the match day squad so still a few weeks away, 8th October.

andrew70
16-09-2022, 10:44 PM
The plan is he is back for the Motherwell game to make the match day squad so still a few weeks away, 8th October.

Only misses two more games then. What a boost it will be.

Terrific player.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-09-2022, 11:53 PM
Hopefully he comes back with plenty confidence and doesn't play within himself.

Clarence
17-09-2022, 06:33 AM
That would be very inappropriate.

Big_Franck
17-09-2022, 06:42 AM
I'm half expecting news of another setback with Magennis as we've seen this before. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard the coaching staff say "he's back on the grass" or "he's progressing well" and then months later we've still not seen him.

If, and it's a big if, we can get him back to form it'd be a huge boost.

JimBHibees
17-09-2022, 08:04 AM
Would be fantastic to have a fully fit Kyle back.

neil7908
17-09-2022, 08:14 AM
Great to have him back and desperate for him to stay injury free.

green day
17-09-2022, 08:46 AM

IIRC he is on a one year deal with us?

Based on what you say, I would be surprised if he is properly fit and contributes meaningfully until the new year.....which is frustrating really.

Probably makes it even more important that Magennis gets some game time sooner rather than later.

hibee-boys
17-09-2022, 09:04 AM
I hope he’s able to live up to most peoples expectations, he’s not the messiah, he’s just an unlucky boy!🤔

He’ll be aware as much as anyone that we’ve had a pretty meagre return on our investment in him so fingers crossed he can sustain a decent level of fitness. I get the sense that if he can’t come back from this extended time out he may struggle to ever be able to perform at this level ever again.

lucky
17-09-2022, 09:27 AM
I doubt KM will contribute much this season. He needs time to get back up the right football and physical standards of playing top flight football week in week out. My guess he’ll be a bit part player and hopefully kicks on next season

FitbaFolkKen
18-09-2022, 12:01 AM
LJ expects to drip feed him in and have him and Nisbet back playing at 100% around January.

Specifically said he wants to take it slow with both as the fans have big expectations of both players.

HoboHarry
18-09-2022, 02:09 AM
Hopefully he comes back with plenty confidence and doesn't play within himself.

That would be more of a role for Mrs Magennis no?

easty
18-09-2022, 07:01 AM
I doubt KM will contribute much this season. He needs time to get back up the right football and physical standards of playing top flight football week in week out. My guess he’ll be a bit part player and hopefully kicks on next season

I agree, but I also think we’ll be having similar chats about him at the start of next season.

Gutted for him as he’s capable of being an important player for us.

loanheadhibby
18-09-2022, 08:54 PM
Only misses two more games then. What a boost it will be.

Terrific player.

Based on what?
Certainly not in his time at Easter Road.
A disaster of a signing and you're deluded if you think he'll play much for us.

Broken Gnome
18-09-2022, 09:08 PM
Based on what?

Cracking work on the bold OTT statements there.

Jones28
18-09-2022, 09:12 PM
Based on what?

Captain cheerful as usual.

Iain G
18-09-2022, 09:12 PM
Based on what?

Am really hoping he proves you wrong!

gbhibby
18-09-2022, 09:24 PM
The club have given him all the support and treatment required. Remember Craig Gordon was out the game and people thought he was finished. Hope he gets back and fires on all cylinders as there is a very good player there.

loanheadhibby
18-09-2022, 10:49 PM
Captain cheerful as usual.

Captain realistic.
Do you think he'll be back soon?

loanheadhibby
18-09-2022, 10:50 PM
Am really hoping he proves you wrong!

I promise you so do I.

HFC93
19-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Captain realistic.

Johnson said he is training, played in a bounce game last week and is on track to make match squads in October. So very soon.

Stubbsy90+2
19-09-2022, 08:28 AM
Johnson said he is training, played in a bounce game last week and is on track to make match squads in October. So very soon.

Where was it mentioned he played in a bounce game?

Not that I’m doubting you, I just didn’t see it. Surprised at that as I thought he’d be much further away than that.

HFC93
19-09-2022, 08:34 AM
Where was it mentioned he played in a bounce game?

Not that I’m doubting you, I just didn’t see it. Surprised at that as I thought he’d be much further away than that.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kyle-magennis-features-in-hibs-bounce-game-as-lee-johnson-gives-update-on-midfielders-progress-3846253

Billy Whizz
19-09-2022, 08:43 AM
There’s a Reserve Cup game on Tuesday 27th v Dundee at East Mains, wonder if he’ll play a bit in this

CapitalGreen
19-09-2022, 08:57 AM
All going well between now and then, he’ll be in the squad for the Motherwell game.

easty
19-09-2022, 09:09 AM
All going well between now and then, he’ll be in the squad for the Motherwell game.

Have Hibs said that?

I’d be amazed if he’s in the squad so soon.

Jones28
19-09-2022, 09:13 AM
Captain realistic.

Well it would seem he's back involved in training, so yes?

JimBHibees
19-09-2022, 09:13 AM
Have Hibs said that?

Johnson seemed to be indicating he would likely be in the squad in the next few weeks.

Stubbsy90+2
19-09-2022, 09:23 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kyle-magennis-features-in-hibs-bounce-game-as-lee-johnson-gives-update-on-midfielders-progress-3846253

:aok:

Thanks

SMAXXA
19-09-2022, 10:49 AM
Have Hibs said that?

Yes I was told this last week that we are targeting the Motherwell game

easty
19-09-2022, 10:54 AM
Yes I was told this last week that we are targeting the Motherwell game

He was brilliant against Motherwell at the start of last season…would love more of the same.

Mcbizz1998
19-09-2022, 10:57 AM
I am quite positive about magennis, we have to be. I think he will come back and put all this behind him, and kick on. He certainly has the ability.

Good luck to the boy.

Since452
19-09-2022, 11:10 AM
He might struggle to get back in our midfield. Good player but our midfield is looking pretty strong at the moment. He'll need to take his opportunity when it comes.

Potty78
19-09-2022, 08:28 PM
We play St johnstone wed in a bounce game. He's due to play so fingers crossed

007 Mickey Weir
19-09-2022, 10:05 PM
What’s the chat on Demitri Mitchell?

McGruber
20-09-2022, 04:38 AM

Was brought in to free up Magennis and take over the mystery perma injured role.

MWHIBBIES
20-09-2022, 05:13 AM
Was brought in to free up Magennis and take over the mystery perma injured role.

What a waste of WiFi posts like this are.

Not heard anything about Mitchell since the update on everyone a few weeks ago. Hopefully progressing well, a decent young player. Must be really difficult for these young lads.

erin go bragh
20-09-2022, 05:16 AM
He might struggle to get back in our midfield. Good player but our midfield is looking pretty strong at the moment. He'll need to take his opportunity when it comes.

You think 🤔 Magennis would easily be our best midfielder and would be a definite starter imo,

Since452
20-09-2022, 06:28 AM
You think 🤔 Magennis would easily be our best midfielder and would be a definite starter imo,

Not sure who we would drop. Wouldn't be Campbell or Newell.

S4uzee
20-09-2022, 06:35 AM

Had genuinely totally forgot about him

Stubbsy90+2
20-09-2022, 06:56 AM

If it’s the Magennis of the start of last season then I’d agree. He’d be the first name in the midfield.

That Magennis was only around for about a quarter of his performances in a Hibs shirt though. If it’s the other one then he won’t be starting imo.

CapitalGreen
20-09-2022, 07:46 AM
If it’s the Magennis of the start of last season then I’d agree. He’d be the first name in the midfield.

That Magennis was only around for about a quarter of his performances in a Hibs shirt though. If it’s the other one then he won’t be starting imo.

60% of his minutes in a Hibs shirt were at the start of last season, so closer to two 3rds rather than only a quarter.

I’d be surprised if LJ had plans to play him out of position like Ross did in 2020/21. He only started once in central midfield in 2020/21, his 5 other starts were on the left or right wing.

Stubbsy90+2
20-09-2022, 07:51 AM
60% of his minutes in a Hibs shirt were at the start of last season, so closer to two 3rds rather than only a quarter.

I’d be surprised if LJ had plans to play him out of position like Ross did in 2020/21. He only started once in central midfield in 2020/21, his 5 other starts were on the left or right wing.

Fair enough. That was though in no small part due to the fact he wasn’t performing well enough in the minutes he was getting to justify getting any more in his first season.

Fingers crossed it’s the 60% of minutes KM that comes back :aok:

tamig
20-09-2022, 11:30 AM

Thats because he was bizarrely stuck out wide. He was playing in a central attacking role at the start of last season and looked the real deal.

Hibee Mac
20-09-2022, 01:59 PM
Get what you are saying but I agree that we need to temper expectations about exactly how good KM is until we see him back again.

The 60% of minutes we are talking about probably equates to something like 5/6 games doesn't it? So in terms of absolute minutes we've still seen very little of him.

Waxy
20-09-2022, 02:53 PM
What about Mcgeady too? We will have options.

hibbydog
20-09-2022, 03:52 PM
The team will be vastly improved with the return of injured players ie McGennis, McGeady and Nisbet

I am ****ing bored

KWJ
20-09-2022, 04:30 PM

The World Cup break should act as a good pre season for him, Nisbet and a few other players that haven't hit the ground running.

flash
20-09-2022, 05:37 PM
The team will be vastly improved with the return of injured players ie McGennis, McGeady and Nisbet

I am ****ing bored

Bored by what?

MWHIBBIES
20-09-2022, 06:02 PM

I am ****ing bored

Hopefully they'll come back and improve us, but the current guys have been doing just fine recently. Nothing boring about Hibs this season.

Waxy
20-09-2022, 06:30 PM

I am ****ing bored

Try your luck with the biatch?

hibbydog
20-09-2022, 07:03 PM
Try your luck with the biatch?

😂

hibbydog
20-09-2022, 07:05 PM
Bored by what?

Slow day at work

Totally off topic

Woof Woof

ZitellZeTime
20-09-2022, 08:07 PM
The club have given him all the support and treatment required. Remember Craig Gordon was out the game and people thought he was finished. Hope he gets back and fires on all cylinders as there is a very good player there.

Yeah just off the top of my head I remember Andy cole having a fe persisting injuries which hampered him and people said the same, then he broke either one of his legs or both. Larsson shin at Celtic was horrific and I thought a career ender or even at best he come back but with some dodgy shin and not be able to compete in a physical league but they both came back and did brilliant.

Even with us the most obvious comparison would be Mcegeough, he came back and did excellent after coming back and being out injured again constantly, hopefully this is his final time like his was but I think he has longer on his contract, but aye your right Gordon at hearts, Hartley had a few bad ones in his career too which were similar, sue Colin Cameron did aswell. Hanlon and Gray had a good few recurring injuries over their time with us too.

Most of them came back better, maybe he was rushed back last time, maybe not but he is talented so hopefully he comes back just as good lke those listed above.

He has the talent, hopefully they have been extra careful with his time out this time and checked for anything that could be causing it to recur so much, taking it slowly too. Same with Nisbet, lot more competition but also a lot more to feed him so be good to see him back to his original form for us.

Ofcourse there been that guy I think "El algue" or something, Farid i just called him he looked class had what I think was a ligament injury was never the same again and dropped back down levels again but cant see us signing a first team midfielder in the winter window so be good to have him back at the timeline they said, plus he will have the world cup to practice games with other teams whon have players not at the world cup etc to keep them match fit hopefully.

There was Chris Killen too he ruptured his ligaments in his ankle I think by time he came back was basically end of season and he ****ed off to Celtic, don't think he did much there and not sure about rest of his career,

Martin Boyle too, persistent knee issues, he was out for couple months with it, knocked it again, surgery, then our again with it and surgery. Think he's been out a good few times with couple of them being like 3 and the other 6 months and he came back just as fast and probably better and stronger.

Alex Harris, Farid, Lentini when he was world record transfer and tons others were opposite but I think the time they've gave him out and rehabilitated him properly the way LJ is talking I think it will just be his match sharpness to begin with tbh, but even him at 60% sharpness looks better than a lot of players in the league and will be a good option for reserves/under 23's/bench and the break due to the world cup will probably help him too.

Maybe its just hope but I have a good feeling its going to work alright but at same time I wouldn't be surprised to hear of him out again. To be honest though I think Mcgeady is less likely to play much for us, same injury again at his age in his position. Class player and hope he proves me long but he was still limping badly last week. Hopefully we get both back fit but I have a feeling it will only be one and it wil be Magennis.

Potty78
21-09-2022, 02:40 PM
Kyle played in a 3 2 defeat to saints today. Strong line up and he apparently played ok. Miller, stevenson, Doyle Hayes, Mcirdy all played too

one day maybe...
21-09-2022, 02:47 PM
Kyle played in a 3 2 defeat to saints today. Strong line up and he apparently played ok. Miller, stevenson, Doyle Hayes, Mcirdy all played too

Good to hear that...
Feel sorry for the guy and hope he can put all this injury nightmare behind him.

JohnM1875
21-09-2022, 03:30 PM

Really really positive stuff for Magennis that he's making it through these bounce games. Hopefully be pushing to be in the squad after the international games.

Unseen work
21-09-2022, 03:37 PM

Cheers for that, how did the other guys play and who scored?

Did St Mirren have a strong team?

Potty78
21-09-2022, 03:41 PM
Cheers for that, how did the other guys play and who scored?

Did St Mirren have a strong team?

I meant st johnstone pal, mckirdy scored one and no sure about the other. All this coming second hand. Saints had a strong team out too👍