PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Hibs game

hibees 7062
13-09-2022, 08:33 PM
As it says . What was your favourite ever Hibs game ?

Lancs Harp
13-09-2022, 08:38 PM
Happened in May 2016 at Hampden. Just cant be beaten.

Ringothedog
13-09-2022, 08:44 PM
3-2 at Ibrox after our Scottish cup win.
0-7 at Tynecastle, just because
3-2 at Hampden for the relief and emotion
5-3 Drybrough cup as it was the first trophy I had seen us win

brog
13-09-2022, 09:17 PM
Well beating a superb Celtc team 2 1 at Hampden was our 1st major cup in 70 years. I was also at Tiny for 7 0 23 days later but 21/5/16 still wins every time!

Donegal Hibby
13-09-2022, 09:33 PM
1 2016 cup final2 2007 cup final
3 2-2 game at tiny on way to cup
4 semi against Huns 1 nil Hibs Keith Wright 1991
5 natural order derby Easter road , levein standing below Hibs ' Natural order banner ' Was pricless:greengrin

Donegal Hibby
13-09-2022, 09:36 PM
1 2016 cup final2 2007 cup final
3 2-2 game at tiny on way to cup
4 semi against Huns 1 nil Hibs Keith Wright 1991
5 natural order derby Easter road , levein standing below Hibs ' Natural order banner ' Was pricless:greengrin
Forgot 2 6-2 game against hearts

Itsnoteasy
13-09-2022, 09:41 PM
SC 2016
AEK at ER best atmosphere ever
Archie @ Tynie
6-2

Weir07
13-09-2022, 09:46 PM
Aside cup wins, 1986, first game of the season against Souness's expensively assembled Rangers team in the blazing sun, 2-1 to The Cabbage! Also 1988 against Hearts at Tynie, Kano and Archibald in another 2-1 win, amazing atmosphere and crazy goal celebrations in both games. Makes you yearn for the terraces!

Eyrie
13-09-2022, 09:46 PM
Obvious ones that I've seen include 2016 and 6-2, but I'll always choose 27 October 1991 because we won the League Cup on my birthday.

hibee-boys
13-09-2022, 10:03 PM
Other than the obvious cup/derby wins I’d suggest the Semi final comeback against Falkirk and beating Rangers at Ibrox 3-0, not the Sproule hat-trick, wasn’t at that one, the other one!🤔…..the Boyle cup semi against The Rangers was pretty enjoyable too!

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2022, 10:42 PM
Hibernian 6 v 1 Sporting Lisbon

Down 1-2 from the first leg 1-1 at Halftime things looked bleak

Turnbull pep talk Edwards and Duncan swap wings going down the slope the rest is History

What a night great atmosphere brilliant fitba the last game in front of a full cave

Special shout out for the Boyle hat trick versus the Hun at Hampden never saw that one coming

Edit

Nothing compares with 21-5-2016

I thought I was going to have a heart attack

I kept thinking of family members no longer here bigger hibbies than me that never witnessed it

‘ I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag ‘

Donegal Hibby
13-09-2022, 10:42 PM
Anyone remember Hibs v Celtic , Arthur boruc in goals for Celtic , seem to remember he does dance but makes to awful mistakes , Gary Caldwell does fist pump or something at Hibs fans I think?

Greenio
13-09-2022, 11:07 PM
Hibs v Rangers at ER. Won 2-1. basil bole got sent off. Gazza getting it tight from the hins fans, and giving it back! First ever game. Loved it

adam middlemass
14-09-2022, 06:50 AM
Obviously the Cup Final 2016 can’t be beaten, but another game comes close for me, that semi-final comeback against Falkirk 4-3, super Leigh ! :thumbsup:

lugz
14-09-2022, 06:55 AM
Both 07 and 16 cup finals (special days)
6-2
1-2 at Tynie, shiels late winner
0-1 at Ibrox, Murphy Header
0-1 at Kilmarnock last minute winner in Scottish cup

lugz
14-09-2022, 06:57 AM
Obvious ones that I've seen include 2016 and 6-2, but I'll always choose 27 October 1991 because we won the League Cup on my birthday.

We share our birthday, although I was only 4 in 91 and wasn’t at the game, was taken to see the heroes return on the bus.

Jones28
14-09-2022, 07:00 AM
Hearts away when Brian Kerr scored and Makalamby made his debut, I thought our goalkeeping issues were solved😂.

3-0 at Ibrox in the cup, just mental. All the goals in front of the Hibs fans as well.

Bizarrely another one that sticks in my mind was the game against the Huns when Stokes scored after 13 seconds or something. My first game under the influence of alcohol and it was magic. Thanks to the guys in city limits for not giving a **** about id’s.

Since452
14-09-2022, 08:43 AM
Brondby away has to be up there Absolute carnage when we scored.

superfurryhibby
14-09-2022, 08:44 AM
3-2 Hampden. The best day of my life, outside of family.

6-2 v Hearts. An emotional night.
6-1v Sporting Lisbon. I was just a boy, but I knew that was a special performance.
8-1 v Ayr Utd-Poetry in motion.
2-1 v Hearts-Relegation season. Another highly charged atmosphere
1-0 V Hearts-Scottish Cup Replay. Majestic display, Easter Road was rocking that night
5-1 v Kilmarnock. Travelled over from Spain, met up with my pals, sister and my son. At last, I saw Hibs win a trophy, after 5 losing cup finals, going back to 1974.

oneone73
14-09-2022, 08:47 AM
Loved the Millennium Derby. Also 6-2 game, the Natural Order derby and a special mention for the second half v Asteras at ER.

Lancs Harp
14-09-2022, 09:06 AM
A mention in despatches for the 5-5 with the rangers. What a game that was!! 3 up and Easter road was rocking only to fall 3-5 behind then pull it back to 5-5 equalising in the last minute, Lennons aeroplane and all that. Some game!

Since452
14-09-2022, 09:13 AM
A mention in despatches for the 5-5 with the rangers. What a game that was!! 3 up and Easter road was rocking only to fall 3-5 behind then pull it back to 5-5 equalising in the last minute, Lennons aeroplane and all that. Some game!

That game still annoys me. 3-0 up to 3-5 down was criminal. Drawing made it slightly less sickening. I'm probably in a minority.

Eyrie
14-09-2022, 06:17 PM
We share our birthday, although I was only 4 in 91 and wasn’t at the game, was taken to see the heroes return on the bus.

I'm "slightly" older than you :greengrin

I had a great day. In addition to being at the match, I also saw the bus at the top of Leith Walk on my way to a packed Venue for a Wolfsbane gig.

PS: Fire Gannon!

erin go bragh
14-09-2022, 06:46 PM
The day when everything changed

Waxy
14-09-2022, 06:55 PM
2016 Will most likely always be.
1973 0-7 Cant ever be taken away.
1987 2-1 against Hearts our first win in a while against them and the crowd was crazy.

Hibees1973
14-09-2022, 07:30 PM
Hibs v Leeds at Easter Road in 1973.

I was 7 years old and in a packed East terracing with my late Dad. Even though we got knocked out on penalties, looking back these were legendary Hibs and Leeds teams.

I still remember that night and the electric atmosphere.

Unforgettable.

SideBurns
14-09-2022, 07:41 PM
Dumbarton 2 Hibs 2, 1984, Boghead.
2-0 down with 10 mins or so to go, then Jukebox Durie scored a double and the Hibs fans went radio rental.
He later admitted his brilliant 2nd goal was a cross - The Scotsman report on the Monday said something like, "this honesty will take thousands off his transfer value"

A'right, it's no' really my fav game but no-one else was going to mention it 😄

HH81
14-09-2022, 07:43 PM
Suprised no one mentioned last season 3-1 at Hampden v the Rangers.

Every single player was class that night. Just a class display from everyone. Glad I stayed over after it. Had a right night.

Earlydelivery
14-09-2022, 07:51 PM
As it says . What was your favourite ever Hibs game ?
Apart from the obvious.. Then the Sporting Lisbon game ‘ what a team we had then .

Kato
14-09-2022, 07:59 PM
A wee shout for the 4-4 League Cup game against Celtic. Peirce O'Leary Saturn 5 penalty and all. No TV cameras there but was a rip-snorter of a game with two teams going right at each other for 120 minutes.

The 4-3 Scottish Cup game the same season was no slouch either.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
14-09-2022, 08:00 PM
Well beating a superb Celtc team 2 1 at Hampden was our 1st major cup in 70 years. I was also at Tiny for 7 0 23 days later but 21/5/16 still wins every time!

My top three as well.
The league cup was the first time I knew from the start we would beat Celtic when Stein lined them up with Johnstone on the left against Brownlie and I realised he had done that to try to occupy our triangle on the right-he was afraid of what we could do.
Hearts-confident we would win but obvious after 10 minutes we had them.
Cup final-at long last-was always a 50/50 game provided we got a fair shake from the ref. Brilliant experience.
Also need to add Barcelona-the game that had everything.
Napoli-when the team on the park backed up what Bob Shankly-a very good manager- had said beforehand.

brog
14-09-2022, 08:32 PM
My top three as well.
The league cup was the first time I knew from the start we would beat Celtic when Stein lined them up with Johnstone on the left against Brownlie and I realised he had done that to try to occupy our triangle on the right-he was afraid of what we could do.
Hearts-confident we would win but obvious after 10 minutes we had them.
Cup final-at long last-was always a 50/50 game provided we got a fair shake from the ref. Brilliant experience.
Also need to add Barcelona-the game that had everything.
Napoli-when the team on the park backed up what Bob Shankly-a very good manager- had said beforehand.

Great reminder about Johnstone being on the left wing. Turnbull loathed Stein and he was exultant when he saw the line up. Barcelona was amazing, especially as we lost our 1st 8 league games that season! Got to love Hibs! To put it into perspective Barcelona had just become the 1st team to beat Real Madrid in the European Cup and 10 of that 11 played against Hibs.

heretoday
14-09-2022, 09:00 PM
1966 - 17th September

Dunfermline 5 Hibernian 6

bigwheel
14-09-2022, 09:09 PM
The win up at Inverness on the way to winning the cup is up there for me. Drove up with zero expectations after the cup final defeat ..one of the bravest performances I’ve seen ..was so proud of the team that night

ClermistonGreen
14-09-2022, 09:13 PM
0 - 7

Ringothedog
14-09-2022, 09:33 PM
The win up at Inverness on the way to winning the cup is up there for me. Drove up with zero expectations after the cup final defeat ..one of the bravest performances I’ve seen ..was so proud of the team that night

Certainly was, good Hibs support as well. I ended up beside the Alaska Hibs flag

Alfiembra
15-09-2022, 07:07 AM
1966 - 17th September

Dunfermline 5 Hibernian 6

was this the game that Hibs scored a last minute goal to make it 5-6?
I remember my Dad had it down for a draw and needed it for 8 draws on his coupon, he was a fervent Hibby but wasn’t best pleased with them that day,

Onion
15-09-2022, 07:23 AM
Fortunate to have been to some amazing games incl 0-7 and great European wins at ER however one match stands head and shoulders above all - 2016, 2-3 v Huns to win the Cup. Was like an out of body experience :greengrin

big gogs
15-09-2022, 07:46 AM
Fortunate to have been to some amazing games incl 0-7 and great European wins at ER however one match stands head and shoulders above all - 2016, 2-3 v Huns to win the Cup. Was like an out of body experience :greengrin
Sorry, can I be greedy,0/7, 2/3,6/2.the derby at Easter road,the hearts fans were singing we are unbeatable,boozy and Gary O’Connor proved that wrong.

Scorrie
15-09-2022, 09:13 AM
A wee shout for the 4-4 League Cup game against Celtic. Peirce O'Leary Saturn 5 penalty and all. No TV cameras there but was a rip-snorter of a game with two teams going right at each other for 120 minutes.

The 4-3 Scottish Cup game the same season was no slouch either.

Those are my 2 favourites as well. Unbelievable atmosphere . Great night even though I got a burst nose from the celebrations when OLeary’s penalty went skyways!

Gmack7
15-09-2022, 09:40 AM
Apart from 2016, videoton away was superb

Mcbizz1998
15-09-2022, 10:21 AM
My favourite is and always will be 21/05/16.

However, one that sticks out in recent years is beating Celtic 2-1 at Easter Road under Lennon. They were coming to secure the league that day and we were still in the hunt for 2nd place.

It stands out as it’s one of the few games I remember so fondly that I didn’t actually attend. I was on holiday at the time in Tenerife and watched it at the Temple bar. The pub was absolutely packed with Celtic fans. When McLaren scored the opener I couldn’t help but celebrate, queue some dirty looks but I was able to identify the only other Hibs fan in the bar who was also celebrating.

Spent the rest of the game with him and had a fair few beers. Hibs were brilliant that day in the sunshine on Leith.

GRA
15-09-2022, 10:39 AM
The 3-2 v Rangers & 3-0/6-2 v Hearts games will stick out for millennials like myself. But I'm also going to be a bit leftfield and say the 5-3 game v Killie in 2018. We were flying on a long unbeaten run under Lenny, packed out Easter Road, sunshine, Scotty Allan in top form, some stunning goals, just an engrossing end-to-end game that was only settled by Barker in injury time. Reminds me when there was a genuine enthusiasm to go to Easter Road and see thrilling games, something not seen since the Mowbray era.

Godsahibby
15-09-2022, 10:58 AM
Apart from the obvious for me the 3-0 millennium Derby at Tiny was unreal. They went in massive favorites following the recent investment and signings. it was 3 going on far more.

GreenGray
15-09-2022, 11:00 AM

I always say this was probably the best game I have ever attended in terms of entertainment. I think we had to win 5-0 to claim 3rd or something? When we went 3-0 up I actually thought we were going to do it.

Stokesy's on fire
15-09-2022, 11:20 AM
Brondby away has to be up there Absolute carnage when we scored.

yes this is one of my fav ever games loved it.

Kato
15-09-2022, 11:28 AM
Those are my 2 favourites as well. Unbelievable atmosphere . Great night even though I got a burst nose from the celebrations when OLeary’s penalty went skyways!My mate broke his ankle celebrating Eddie May's winner in the other game.

brog
15-09-2022, 11:30 AM
was this the game that Hibs scored a last minute goal to make it 5-6?
I remember my Dad had it down for a draw and needed it for 8 draws on his coupon, he was a fervent Hibby but wasn’t best pleased with them that day,

It certainly was. The funny thing was we had scored 5 worldies and Pars had scored 5 scrambled goals, mostly from set pieces. We had been 4-0 & 5-2 up, shades of Motherwell. We then got a free kick on half way line in the last minute. We took it quickly and Jim Scott was set free, one on one. Jim took a poor touch, keeper came out, they collided, ball bounced off Jim's knee and trundled over the line. The best, worst goal I've ever seen!

Mick O'Rourke
15-09-2022, 11:51 AM
It certainly was. The funny thing was we had scored 5 worldies and Pars had scored 5 scrambled goals, mostly from set pieces. We had been 4-0 & 5-2 up, shades of Motherwell. We then got a free kick on half way line in the last minute. We took it quickly and Jim Scott was set free, one on one. Jim took a poor touch, keeper came out, they collided, ball bounced off Jim's knee and trundled over the line. The best, worst goal I've ever seen!

You beat me too it. I a 14yr old schoolboy was at that game.
Incredible and yes i was behind the goal and saw Jim's effort slowly, but slowly, cross the goal line late on
No other memory of the game. Weird!

A classmate at school was ,a few months before,sent to approved school for whatever.
He was a lonely Hibby in a mostly weegie place in Bishopriggs, full of Celtic fans
Yes ....A bad boys school for Catholics !!
He recalls the fitba' results coming over the radio and then when he heard the broadcaster say
Dunfermline 5 ,he instantly thought ,oh no! Then he let out a roar at..... Hibernian SIX !!

He was an ST holder in the East last i saw him a bit before covid !

hibeg
15-09-2022, 02:03 PM
2016 can’t be beaten, and the 91 and 07 cup wins were memorable. I wasn’t at the 72 cup win but was at Tiny not long after that, that is up there as well obviously :greengrin
A couple of other games I really enjoyed were the 2-1 win v Huns on Souness debut, and the 4-3 Scottish Cup win v Celtic in mid 80s.
Scenes at both of those matches !

brog
15-09-2022, 03:41 PM
You beat me too it. I a 14yr old schoolboy was at that game.
Incredible and yes i was behind the goal and saw Jim's effort slowly, but slowly, cross the goal line late on
No other memory of the game. Weird!

A classmate at school was ,a few months before,sent to approved school for whatever.
He was a lonely Hibby in a mostly weegie place in Bishopriggs, full of Celtic fans
Yes ....A bad boys school for Catholics !!
He recalls the fitba' results coming over the radio and then when he heard the broadcaster say
Dunfermline 5 ,he instantly thought ,oh no! Then he let out a roar at..... Hibernian SIX !!

He was an ST holder in the East last i saw him a bit before covid !

Some game Michael. I think the Pars keeper was Davie Graham??? ex Hearts. I just remember him and Jim Scott lying tangled up at the edge of the box watching the ball trundle in. Just before that Big John McNamee kicked one 'off the line'. King Pat told me after that the ball was so far over the line that John's studs caught in the net!! :greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
15-09-2022, 04:27 PM
Some game Michael. I think the Pars keeper was Davie Graham??? ex Hearts. I just remember him and Jim Scott lying tangled up at the edge of the box watching the ball trundle in. Just before that Big John McNamee kicked one 'off the line'. King Pat told me after that the ball was so far over the line that John's studs caught in the net!! :greengrin

Great recall,Brian

Match Report from Official Pars website.
Goalie was David Anderson, ex Hearts,right enough and Bonnyrigg Rose.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=1966:_Dunfermline_5_Hibernian_6&ID=11940

Great paragraph from that link.
Goes with my opinion of Bob Shankly even now (best manager thread)

[Hibs were now thought by many to be playing better football under manager Bob Shankly than during Jock Stein’s time at the club,
and while attendances at many other grounds were falling, at Easter Road the crowds were starting to return in significant numbers
with the average home gate at that time around 17,000.]

Just thinking on how Big Bad John would deal with the likes of Morelos these days.
Move over Ryan,my turn !
Boosh!!
Dont you love these threads when we can reminisce and then some comment brings back memories.
Great stuff for us oldies and some Hibs education for the younger ones,i hope !

I just mentioned the late,great Joe Davis on another thread and here he is playing in this bizzare game at East End Park.
One of my favourite away days.
Easy,short trip from Clerry !

Smartie
15-09-2022, 06:01 PM
Coming back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle on our way to winning the cup was right up there with my favourites.

Funny that we had even better a few months later, but what we achieved with an injury affected side away to our closest rivals who were in the league above us after we gave them a 2-0 start was amazing.

Hibiza
15-09-2022, 06:08 PM
6-2.

sadtom
15-09-2022, 06:22 PM
Obviously 21/5/16 must be top.
The 2 pumpings handed out to hertz and all cup victories have to be very high on any list.

For a stand alone game 9/8/86, the ‘Souness’ game is a personal highlight.
Beautiful day. 1st game of the season (after the joyful ending of the previous season 3 months earlier and with the ‘hand of god’ sandwiched in between - what a time to be alive!) against the ‘new sticky regime’ and the huge build up the game got because of it.
Packed ER, fantastic atmosphere in the ground but also a real sense of tension and danger in the surrounding streets. Can remember the constant sound of polis sirens filling the air with it kicking off all over the shop. Exciting times as a 20 year old.
So good to send the Orcs away with a bloody nose.
On a personal note, I had also met a lass the night before and had my first date with her later after the game…and I am still with her, albeit with a 20 odd year hiatus in between.

ancient hibee
15-09-2022, 06:43 PM

Older Dunfermline fans are still complaining that either the ball was still moving or that McGraw’s hand was still holding it steady when he took the quick free kick to Scott(for a non existent foul).

hibsbollah
15-09-2022, 06:51 PM
Anyone remember Hibs v Celtic , Arthur boruc in goals for Celtic , seem to remember he does dance but makes to awful mistakes , Gary Caldwell does fist pump or something at Hibs fans I think?

That was a tremendous game, had everything :agree:

JamesHFC
15-09-2022, 06:56 PM
Some of my favourites came in the 2014/15 season. Beat The Rangers three times including a 4-0 win at home. Brilliant trips to Ibrox.

Irish_Steve
15-09-2022, 07:08 PM
Surely it has to be Hibs 5 - O Dundee Utd when Billy Findlay scored the first goal of the 94/95 season…..

Mick O'Rourke
15-09-2022, 07:23 PM
That was a tremendous game, had everything :agree:

The goalie and their fans had a nightmare that day.
The word Celtc was born at this game..and they could not spell Hibernian correctly either on one banner !!
The banner bhoys were certainly not from Donegal !:greengrin

1st video,courtesy of johnsparky2 ,on the following link

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hibs+v+celtic++3-2

CB Hibs 68
15-09-2022, 08:08 PM
3-2 Hampden. The best day of my life, outside of family.

6-2 v Hearts. An emotional night.
6-1v Sporting Lisbon. I was just a boy, but I knew that was a special performance.
8-1 v Ayr Utd-Poetry in motion.
2-1 v Hearts-Relegation season. Another highly charged atmosphere
1-0 V Hearts-Scottish Cup Replay. Majestic display, Easter Road was rocking that night
5-1 v Kilmarnock. Travelled over from Spain, met up with my pals, sister and my son. At last, I saw Hibs win a trophy, after 5 losing cup finals, going back to 1974.
You must have missed the 0-7 game .I missed it as well but was at the game before it and afterwards .Still seriously pissed off Fifty years later.Mind you when me and my old man tuned into the radio and found out the halftime score .Briliant .Loads of other games enjoyed but 2-2 at Tynie is up there

Bridge hibs
16-09-2022, 05:44 AM
3-2 v the rangers scottish cup final for obvious reasons

League cup 5-1 v Killie, fantastic team performance

Skol cup v Dunfermline, after all the turmoil the club went through at the time, unbelievable hibs support that day

6-2 v hearts, so ****ing enjoyable

v rangers Souness sending off game, had everything but probably the most tense atmosphere Ive experienced at Easter road, even during the warm up the atmosphere was red hot 🤣

One Day
16-09-2022, 06:28 AM
The Scottish cup final 2016. The most emotional i have ever been at a football match

hibsbollah
16-09-2022, 08:45 AM
The word Celtc was born at this game..and they could not spell Hibernian correctly either on one banner !!

Thanks for posting.

Caldwell and Boruc:na na:

Morais looked like he had a good game from the highlights, and Makalambay made some smart saves too, I hadnt remembered that. My memories of the game were of Boruc and Caldwell repeatedly goading the East stand and then plenty of laughs at the end.
John Collins got a tune out of some fairly average players that season, until it all went tits up.

brog
16-09-2022, 09:31 AM
Great recall,Brian

Match Report from Official Pars website.
Goalie was David Anderson, ex Hearts,right enough and Bonnyrigg Rose.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=1966:_Dunfermline_5_Hibernian_6&ID=11940

Great paragraph from that link.
Goes with my opinion of Bob Shankly even now (best manager thread)

[Hibs were now thought by many to be playing better football under manager Bob Shankly than during Jock Stein’s time at the club,
and while attendances at many other grounds were falling, at Easter Road the crowds were starting to return in significant numbers
with the average home gate at that time around 17,000.]

Just thinking on how Big Bad John would deal with the likes of Morelos these days.
Move over Ryan,my turn !
Boosh!!
Dont you love these threads when we can reminisce and then some comment brings back memories.
Great stuff for us oldies and some Hibs education for the younger ones,i hope !

I just mentioned the late,great Joe Davis on another thread and here he is playing in this bizzare game at East End Park.
One of my favourite away days.
Easy,short trip from Clerry !

Great report Michael, I had forgotten that Fergie scored Pars 5th!

Mick O'Rourke
16-09-2022, 09:44 AM
Thanks for posting.

Caldwell and Boruc:na na:

Morais looked like he had a good game from the highlights, and Makalambay made some smart saves too, I hadnt remembered that. My memories of the game were of Boruc and Caldwell repeatedly goading the East stand and then plenty of laughs at the end.
John Collins got a tune out of some fairly average players that season, until it all went tits up.

:aok:

Game from a celtc point of view could have been called A Comedy of Errors.

Oh! how we laughed at Caldwell,too

B.H.F.C
16-09-2022, 09:58 AM
Suprised no one mentioned last season 3-1 at Hampden v the Rangers.

Every single player was class that night. Just a class display from everyone. Glad I stayed over after it. Had a right night.

Problem with The Rangers is that there are too many to choose from.

There’s the obvious one. Three semi final wins. Multiple 3-0 wins at Ibrox. Other wins at Ibrox. 4-0 at ER. Remember us being brilliant against them and winning 1-0 to go top of the league under Collins. The 3-2 game after the cup final was something else as well.

Donegal Hibby
16-09-2022, 10:10 AM

Mentioned this game on first page , remember it being very enjoyable when I watched it , specially with Boruc and Caldwell antics .backfired on them that day:na na:Banner boys certainly not from Donegal either:greengrin Thanks for showing it ENJOYED IT:aok:

Mick O'Rourke
16-09-2022, 10:16 AM
Mentioned this game on first page , remember it being very enjoyable when I watched it , specially with Boruc and Caldwell antics .backfired on them that day:na na:Banner boys certainly not from Donegal either:greengrin Thanks for showing it ENJOYED IT:aok:

Yes, i meant to reply to your post. So gave Donegal a mention :greengrin
The misspelt words on banners about us being their feeder club were as funny as Arthur's antics and bloomers.

hibsbollah
16-09-2022, 10:23 AM

There’s the obvious one. Three semi final wins. Multiple 3-0 wins at Ibrox. Other wins at Ibrox. 4-0 at ER. Remember us being brilliant against them and winning 1-0 to go top of the league under Collins. The 3-2 game after the cup final was something else as well.

The 5-5 was also just unbelievable entertainment. I wasn’t even bothered we didn’t get the 3 points by the end, was so much fun.

Donegal Hibby
16-09-2022, 10:59 AM
Yes, i meant to reply to your post. So gave Donegal a mention :greengrin
The misspelt words on banners about us being their feeder club were as funny as Arthur's antics and bloomers.

Everything about that game,The antics, The banners ,It really backfired on them big time . And not to forget how good we were that day too . Up there on my list of favourites which is rather a long list:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2022, 11:22 AM
The 5-5 was also just unbelievable entertainment. I wasn’t even bothered we didn’t get the 3 points by the end, was so much fun.

I watched it in a pub in Darlington, not sure if it was my antics or the game that entertained the locals more! 😀

IIRC Celtic were playing Aberdeen at the same time and most of them seemed more interested in that, didn't take them long to switch their attention to our game.

darwenhibby
16-09-2022, 02:17 PM
One game not mentioned
Defeating old Rangers 1-0 at Hampden 1991
Semi
Took half day off my work
Went with Bolton Hibee, who persuaded us with some young lad from his work to drive us there and back
Keith Keith Keith goal
Budgie save in the second half on to the bar
Walking into a Glasgow pub after the game to watch highlights which was full of Huns
We decided not to ask them to put the telly on
The bears growled but did nothing
Must have thought these two are mental cases as we casually drank our pints 🍺

ancient hibee
16-09-2022, 02:24 PM

Knocking them out of the cup 2-1 with a last minute Willie Hamilton goal(1965) was pretty good.

DIXIHIBS
16-09-2022, 02:50 PM
One game not mentioned
Defeating old Rangers 1-0 at Hampden 1991
Semi
Took half day off my work
Went with Bolton Hibee, who persuaded us with some young lad from his work to drive us there and back
Keith Keith Keith goal
Budgie save in the second half on to the bar
Walking into a Glasgow pub after the game to watch highlights which was full of Huns
We decided not to ask them to put the telly on
The bears growled but did nothing
Must have thought these two are mental cases as we casually drank our pints 🍺

Definitely up there as one of my favourite games. Not long after Mercer takeover etc and against a team full of internationals. Great result and celebrated in some style on the terraces.

Donegal Hibby
16-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Definitely up there as one of my favourite games. Not long after Mercer takeover etc and against a team full of internationals. Great result and celebrated in some style on the terraces.
Mine too, I remember hoping we would avoid Rangers in semi final draw and how disappointed I was when we got them (worked out well though) .know we went on to beat Pars in final but who did they beat in other semi final?

DIXIHIBS
16-09-2022, 06:47 PM
Mine too, I remember hoping we would avoid Rangers in semi final draw and how disappointed I was when we got them (worked out well though) .know we went on to beat Pars in final but who did they beat in other semi final?

Dunfermline v airdrie played at tynecastle. Late penalty for pars after jimmy sandison dodgy handball.

Donegal Hibby
16-09-2022, 07:40 PM
Dunfermline v airdrie played at tynecastle. Late penalty for pars after jimmy sandison dodgy handball.
Thanks ,Really annoying me trying to remember that .

Trinity Hibee
16-09-2022, 09:39 PM

The 2-1 in Nov 2005 when we had a mins applause for George Best. First half was one of the best Hibs performances I’ve seen. Blew them away.

Lancs Harp
16-09-2022, 10:13 PM
On a purely personal note Hibs 5 Dundee 2 99/00 season. This was my first visit to Easter Road after following Hibs from a far I finally made it to hollowed ground. The first of many visits.
We had been struggling till that point i think we had only won one league game and despite going down 0-1 early doors we stuffed them. Latapy got a couple and Sauzee scored. I cant remember who got the other two.
We had a promising young lad at the back called Dempsie, what happened to him he seemed to just disappear off my radar at least?

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2022, 10:23 PM

Fingers piano bar was quite messy at about 0330 the following morning, Mickey Weir amongst other players enjoying themselves, Alex Miller might've even been there, somehow managed to make it into Meadowbank House for a training course. 🍺

Donegal Hibby
16-09-2022, 11:47 PM
There's two other games I've been thinking on . 1st is Hibs beating hearts to end the bad run we had against them .Gordan hunter scores winner and we won 1 nil ? Not sure if I'm right. 2nd one is Hibs v Real Madrid Easter road . Think what I heard Madrid kicked up about Hibs having white on there kit and we had to play in all Green , Hibs won 2-0 I think with legendary Pukas playing for Madrid probably wrong again here :dunno:

marleyhib
17-09-2022, 01:05 PM
2016 nothing else comes close
6-2 sublime
0-1 to Hibs at Tynie, Geebsie after suffering 21
AEK at easter road, a very special atmosphere
Millenium derby

A Hi-Bee
17-09-2022, 04:52 PM
Just too difficult a question to answer, but some would have to include such as the obvious holy grail win, then going back in the recesses of memory with some high scores such as 11 against Alloa and 11 against Hamilton (I think) then we had 9 against St. Johnston, 8 against Ayr, and the wonderful 7 (Seven) against the manky maroon ones. 5 in the cup final v Killie is a real high-light up to then the only time I seen as many goals at Hampdump was against us (apart from the wonderful Drybrough cup final, great game as well.)
Some great European nights such as 5 against Napoli, 6 against Sporting 7 against Besa, 6 against Malmo, 9 against Rosenburg, so many great European nights and memories, hat Tricks for Joe MacBride (Senior) a couple of times, along with hat tricks for Jimmy O and Alan Gordon.
What a feast of football witnessed for sure.
One of my all time favs has to be Hampdump on a soaking wet evening game semi-final against the hun, we hammered them with a fantastic goal from a headed knock down from A.Gordon to wee Mickey Edwards, he fair cracked that one in past the hun goalie. i forget who scored our first goal but we had such a great team then. Also the magic solo goal by John Brownlie against the same hun in another semi-final at Hampdump.
OH, oH oH to be a Hibby.

:flag::flag::flag:

LewysGot2
18-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Other than the obvious one...

Brondby away in 2016 - just the best away trip ever

Asteras away - getting a brilliant result and watching a SJM masterclass plus great weather and atmosphere

2 nil down at Tynie in 2016 comeback- took a month to get the SJM song earworm out of my head