PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Game Football Only Content !

worcesterhibby
13-09-2022, 03:55 PM
Since the admins have closed the previous thread as it was mostly about non-footballing opinions, lets get back to discussing the Hi-bees playing football :agree:

Personally I'm very keen to see Melkerson played through the middle with Youan on the left and Boyle on the right of a front three

...................Marshall

Miller, Porteous, Cabraja

Kenneh

Cadden, Stevenson, Newell

Boyle, Melkerson, Youan

Stairway 2 7
13-09-2022, 04:03 PM
Since the admins have closed the previous thread as it was mostly about non-footballing opinions, lets get back to discussing the Hi-bees playing football :agree:

Personally I'm very keen to see Melkerson played through the middle with Youan on the left and Boyle on the right of a front three

Kenneh

Boyle, Melkerson, Youan

A number of people have said that front 3 and I think I agree. Boyle and Youan will set them up all day. I think Nisbet will love it with they two either side when he's back actually also

B.H.F.C
13-09-2022, 04:21 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
?

Boyle
Melkersen
Youan

One place up for grabs for me, don’t know who I’d pick to make up
The midfield to be honest.

Northernhibee
13-09-2022, 04:23 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Melkersen
Youan

Hibee Daft
13-09-2022, 04:26 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Melkersen
Youan

Yeah this for me aswell, think team kinda picks itself atm

Mikey_1875
13-09-2022, 04:27 PM
Is Kukharevych available? If he has done a pre season with his parent club I would chuck him in the central strikers role. Might give Aberdeen a few problems with a target man and two pacy wingers.

I think our team will probably be the same as we started with against Killie though. Which to be fair did look bright before the sending off but it isn’t the team I’d pick.

H18S NX
13-09-2022, 04:53 PM
Is McKirdy not available?

Ronniekirk
13-09-2022, 05:14 PM
Is McKirdy not available?

Serves last game of his three game suspension

Donegal Hibby
13-09-2022, 05:51 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Melkersen
Youan
Same here ,That's the team I'd pick too. Any news on work permit for new striker yet?

BoomtownHibees
13-09-2022, 05:52 PM

Kenneh

Boyle, Melkerson, Youan

Agree with your front 3. No sure what’s going on with the rest of your team mind

jacomo
13-09-2022, 06:00 PM

Kenneh

Boyle, Melkerson, Youan

Are you proposing we play Lewis as our attacking midfielder, Newell as left wing back and two full backs in a back three?

Er, no.

H18S NX
13-09-2022, 08:58 PM
Serves last game of his three game suspension
...Thanks m8.

Tambo
13-09-2022, 11:39 PM
Into the sheep.

Chance to go 3rd for Saturday night so I'm calling this a big game.

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
?
Youan

Would be my assumed line up unless he keeps Henderson out wide left and goes with Youan through the middle.

Jdawg
14-09-2022, 12:12 AM
Into the sheep.

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
?
Youan

Would be my assumed line up unless he keeps Henderson out wide left and goes with Youan through the middle.

Under no circumstances should Henderson ever play wide left again. He either forces his way into one of the 3 CM spots or the bench.

Jones28
14-09-2022, 06:57 AM
Into the sheep.

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
?
Youan

Really want Melkerson to get involved and knock a couple of goals in. I’d love to see him through the middle with Youan on the left.

I saw the highlights of the last ICT game and Dan McKay (I think, their number 17?) looked very sharp, I’d like to see him in the side and he’d be perfect wide on the left, but never mind.

Hibee Mac
14-09-2022, 07:10 AM
I think Melkerson deserves a chance through the middle. That being said, Aberdeen maybe is t the best game for him to get that chance as he could struggle against their CB's.

He's more of an instinctive finisher than Youan is, if we can get that front 3 firing then it could be a good combo.

Since452
14-09-2022, 07:47 AM
This will be a good test against a team who are back to being media darlings. Interested to see where we are in comparison to them.

Mcbizz1998
14-09-2022, 07:58 AM
Boyle and Youan either side with MelkersEn through the middle would be decent I reckon. Hope we see it.

Brightside
14-09-2022, 12:31 PM

Kenneh

Boyle, Melkerson, Youan

Has Hanlon retired?

Billy Whizz
14-09-2022, 12:37 PM
Looking forward to the game. Hopefully a decent crowd and a good Hibs performance

Broxburn Greens
14-09-2022, 12:49 PM
Same here ,That's the team I'd pick too. Any news on work permit for new striker yet?

Just tweeted he’s at EM now 🇳🇬

Donegal Hibby
14-09-2022, 01:22 PM
Seen that ,Though don't think his work permit mentioned yet?

Donegal Hibby
14-09-2022, 04:15 PM
Watched some stuff of him on utube Big strong striker ,Different to what we have up front just now , looks good, Though in saying that I thought when we signed James Collins after watching him on utube he was going to be good too :rolleyes: .hope we have him for Dons game with Mckirdy out.

Tambo
15-09-2022, 12:38 PM
Any news on Melkersen? Concussions must be treated correctly in today's world so not sure if he is cleared to return?

Donegal Hibby
15-09-2022, 12:57 PM
Any news on Melkersen? Concussions must be treated correctly in today's world so not sure if he is cleared to return?
One of the papers saying he's been closely monitored and Hibs are Hopeful he will make it for match.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2022, 02:07 PM
Looking forward to the game. Hopefully a decent crowd and a good Hibs performance

Looks like Aberdeen have sold quite a few tickets
How are our sales looking

Mikey_1875
15-09-2022, 04:04 PM

Not quite there yet for Saturday according to LJ. Leaves us a bit light so might be straight in for the big fella up front!

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/johnson-gives-the-latest-on-kukharevych-magennis-melkersen

Promising for Magennis as well.

Glory Lurker
15-09-2022, 07:26 PM
I think we’ll find this is our toughest home match so far. Aberdeen have got a spark in there this season and if they’re on their game we’re going to have to be wide awake all match in midfield and defence. We have to avoid allowing them any space at the edge of the box.

Hibernian Verse
15-09-2022, 07:45 PM
I think we’ll find this is our toughest home match so far. Aberdeen have got a spark in there this season and if they’re on their game we’re going to have to be wide awake all match in midfield and defence. We have to avoid allowing them any space at the edge of the box.

Hopefully they come and play, rather than stick 11 men behind the ball which we’ve struggled with this season.

Hibee Mac
16-09-2022, 08:14 AM
For some reason I thought the big man wouldn't be able to play in this one due to clearance... Will be happily surprised if he can play as we need him.

EGL2000
16-09-2022, 08:22 AM

There new boy in midfield is top of the league in a number of stat areas, our boys gonna need to be sharp.

Donegal Hibby
16-09-2022, 09:21 AM
There new boy in midfield is top of the league in a number of stat areas, our boys gonna need to be sharp.
There new striker can't be to bad either what's he got something like 5 goals already?

hibsbollah
16-09-2022, 09:27 AM
I have a feeling without McKirdy or Melkerson he might start with Bojang in the middle, maybe swap with Kukarayvych at half-time.

HIBS NUTS
16-09-2022, 09:54 AM
I have a feeling without McKirdy or Melkerson he might start with Bojang in the middle, maybe swap with Kukarayvych at half-time.

im sorry but he was terrible over 90 minutes in the development game against dundee united kids.

Hibernian Verse
16-09-2022, 09:57 AM
im sorry but he was terrible over 90 minutes in the development game against dundee united kids.

Did he not assist Tavares?

JimBHibees
16-09-2022, 10:24 AM
Their guy from Liverpool is suspended. They have a bit of pace going forward and will need to match their athleticism however still imo defensively weak and can be got at. Need to not dive in near our box as both Besuijen probably the biggest diver in the league and Hayes have some balance issues. :greengrin

Ringothedog
16-09-2022, 10:25 AM

Being “rubbish” in a reserve game means nothing. I have seen plenty established players playing at reserve level looking really poor but good at first team level. I have seen more than I would care to mention being good at reserve level and poor at first team level. We have to trust the management who have him in the first team squad every week. They must see something

B.H.F.C
16-09-2022, 10:27 AM

I can’t see Bojang playing. In fact, I’ll be surprised to see him start a game for us at all. I think the new boy will come straight in.

hibsbollah
16-09-2022, 10:32 AM
I can’t see Bojang playing. In fact, I’ll be surprised to see him start a game for us at all. I think the new boy will come straight in.

We’ll see. If Bojang doesn’t start when we have two strikers unavailable and the other barely through the door, he probably never will. I am massively excited to see Kukharevych, think he’s going to be good.

Bad Habits
16-09-2022, 10:40 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Doyle-hayes

Boyle
Youan
Tavares

Would be my guess

CyberSauzee
16-09-2022, 10:45 AM
I'm setting off now for the game. Last Hibs Aberdeen game I saw was Maloney's first game in charge. A dreary 1-0 win before Christmas. I will take the same tomorrow.

I hope to see some decent individual performances regardless of the result, if only for the manager. Ten competitive games but with so many new players, plus injuries, there's still no settled side yet. LJ does need time and I just hope there's enough patience from most people.

EGL2000
16-09-2022, 10:46 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Doyle-hayes

Boyle
Youan
Tavares

Would be my guess

Campbell for JDH and that's the team I would think.

Billy Whizz
16-09-2022, 10:48 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Doyle-hayes

Boyle
Youan
Tavares

Would be my guess

Hanlon will start, Rocky is still injured I believe
That team looks pretty powder puff upfront

Highwayman
16-09-2022, 11:24 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Doyle-hayes

Boyle
Youan
Tavares

Would be my guess

Bushiris still injured,so Hanlon will be in.

What’s the position with Lewis Miller.Does Lee Johnson consider him not ready for a start.I’d give him a start at RB and push Cadden forward to RWB.

Campbell will be in instead of Doyle-Hayes.

What’s the position with Kukharevych (that’s how his name was spelt in the EEN today).Is he eligible to play or not.If he’s eligible I would start him before Tavares.

Since452
16-09-2022, 01:16 PM
I'm setting off now for the game. Last Hibs Aberdeen game I saw was Maloney's first game in charge. A dreary 1-0 win before Christmas. I will take the same tomorrow.

I hope to see some decent individual performances regardless of the result, if only for the manager. Ten competitive games but with so many new players, plus injuries, there's still no settled side yet. LJ does need time and I just hope there's enough patience from most people.

It certianly would be nice for LJ to get a win and performance. We always create a lot of chances. We are going to hammer someone soon.

Sioux
16-09-2022, 02:01 PM
Bushiris still injured,so Hanlon will be in.

What’s the position with Lewis Miller.Does Lee Johnson consider him not ready for a start.I’d give him a start at RB and push Cadden forward to RWB.

Campbell will be in instead of Doyle-Hayes.

What’s the position with Kukharevych (that’s how his name was spelt in the EEN today).Is he eligible to play or not.If he’s eligible I would start him before Tavares.

So you want to play a RB and a RWB' with the RWB in a midfield 3? That's a novel approach. Why would Kukharevych replace Tavares?

Greenfly
16-09-2022, 02:45 PM
On Alba at 6pm tomorrow.

Wilson
16-09-2022, 02:51 PM
On Alba at 6pm tomorrow.

Oh well...

Highwayman
16-09-2022, 03:51 PM
So you want to play a RB and a RWB' with the RWB in a midfield 3? That's a novel approach. Why would Kukharevych replace Tavares?

You’re right,should really read my posts before I send them.

Revised team would be :-

Marshall

Miller,Porteous,Hanlon,Carbraja

Cadden,Kenneh,Newell,Campbell

Boyle,Kukharevych (if eligible).

Hibernia&Alba
16-09-2022, 04:04 PM
It will be a tough game; Aberdeen look better this season. We will need to puit in a good performance, which we are capable of. I want to see be positive and take game the game to them; we mustn't be passive.

worcesterhibby
16-09-2022, 04:23 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Stevenson
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
Kukharevych
Youan

would be my choice, but more likely to be Doyle Hayes in for Stevenson and he might give the left back slot to Miller, neither of which is a bad thing.

Sioux
16-09-2022, 04:32 PM
You’re right,should really read my posts before I send them.

Revised team would be :-

Marshall

Miller,Porteous,Hanlon,Carbraja

Cadden,Kenneh,Newell,Campbell

Boyle,Kukharevych (if eligible).

:aok:

One Day Soon
16-09-2022, 04:40 PM
On balance, I think I preferred the other thread.

Eyrie
16-09-2022, 06:32 PM
On Alba at 6pm tomorrow.

Is it too late to change my prediction to a Hibs defeat? :paranoid:

HIBS NUTS
16-09-2022, 07:03 PM
Did he not assist Tavares?

He passed the ball sideways, tavares jinked to his right and hit a great shot in the far corner.
Others are right development games, reserve games can mean very little, But he was absolutely rubbish, to me he looks well below the level we need.
Nothing against him, and he’s hardly played for the first team, but LJ was there and i would be amazed if he started.

WeeRussell
16-09-2022, 09:32 PM
Haven’t seen much at all of Aberdeen yet but their results don’t look much better than ours so far. Dished out a couple of hammerings to teams with ten men and taken a couple of sore defeats themselves recently.

Both teams will see tomorrow as a decent opportunity I would think.

Lancs Harp
16-09-2022, 10:43 PM
Haven’t seen much at all of Aberdeen yet but their results don’t look much better than ours so far. Dished out a couple of hammerings to teams with ten men and taken a couple of sore defeats themselves recently.

Both teams will see tomorrow as a decent opportunity I would think.

We'll go above them if we beat them

Carheenlea
17-09-2022, 05:57 AM
Todays referee is David Dickinson.

Hopefully he has a decent game and we’re not calling him a Bargain Hunt afterwards.

18Craig75
17-09-2022, 06:24 AM
No interviews from the club?

Scorrie
17-09-2022, 06:27 AM

Hopefully he has a decent game and we’re not calling him a Bargain Hunt afterwards.

Good job we’re not playing the Huns as he’s quite orange…

AlbertK86
17-09-2022, 06:52 AM
Marshall

Miller
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell

Cadden
Boyle
Youan

Mykola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EGL2000
17-09-2022, 08:19 AM
Anyone know if Aberdeen have sold out the full away stand?

Billy Whizz
17-09-2022, 08:23 AM
Anyone know if Aberdeen have sold out the full away stand?

Sold 2,100 tickets so far, and crazy enough no ticket sales on the day of the game

hibee-boys
17-09-2022, 08:49 AM

He’ll no be using his catchphrase ‘cheap as chips’ at Easter Road that’s for sure😏

Donegal Hibby
17-09-2022, 08:58 AM
No interviews from the club?
Been looking can't find anything anywhere ,Thought they always done one on a Thursday too? Strange :confused:

Carheenlea
17-09-2022, 10:30 AM
He’ll no be using his catchphrase ‘cheap as chips’ at Easter Road that’s for sure😏

Some of the pies might have been left long enough in ovens to be deemed artefacts of historical interest which might attract some of his interest.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-09-2022, 10:39 AM
Been looking can't find anything anywhere ,Thought they always done one on a Thursday too? Strange :confused:

Mark of respect.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2022, 10:41 AM
Mark of respect.

Are we doing a silence or an applause today

Can’t see anything on the match email I got this morning

OldEast
17-09-2022, 10:43 AM

Applause I think

Pete70
17-09-2022, 10:52 AM

Bottom of the page.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/preview-aberdeen-h-1

Billy Whizz
17-09-2022, 10:53 AM
Bottom of the page.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/preview-aberdeen-h-1

Thanks, didn’t scroll to the bottom

Lago
17-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Sold 2,100 tickets so far, and crazy enough no ticket sales on the day of the game
Football now a days certainly doesn't go out of its way to accommodate walk up fans. Strange.

JamesHFC
17-09-2022, 11:31 AM
Today's team is

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Kenneh
Campbell

Boyle
Youan
Mykola

Billy Whizz
17-09-2022, 11:34 AM
Take it down please

JamesHFC
17-09-2022, 11:36 AM
Take it down please

No

Golden Bear
17-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Take it down please

:agree:

I agree. The game will be hard enough without giving the opposition advance knowledge.

Callum_62
17-09-2022, 11:38 AM
Must be high hopes for mykola if he's straight in

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
17-09-2022, 11:39 AM
Take it down please

Take what down, the team news?

B.H.F.C
17-09-2022, 11:43 AM
Must be high hopes for mykola if he's straight in

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Or lack of options with no McKirdy and Melkersen.

Expected him to be straight in to be fair, we’ve been really poor in that position.

bringbackbenny
17-09-2022, 11:46 AM
'if' you do indeed have inside knowledge of the starting line up why on earth would you post it in advance where the opposition could see?

Bizarre imo, just keep it to yourself.

Donegal Hibby
17-09-2022, 11:48 AM
To anyone of a Aberdeen connection looking in you don't honestly believe we would put up the Hibs team this early to give you any kind of advantage , Do you?:faf:

erin go bragh
17-09-2022, 11:58 AM
Bookies have us 5/4 favourite against 5/2 them
Let’s hope the bookies have it spot on

LunasBoots
17-09-2022, 12:13 PM
Today's team is

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Kenneh