PDA

View Full Version : Rangers/Celtic bias on official SPFL website

worcesterhibby
09-09-2022, 11:32 AM
I Just popped on to the official SPFL website to check their confirmation of games being off this weekend.

It's not a website I usually visit and I was a bit shocked about how obvious their bias is towards the Old Firm, considering out our official league website.

On the front page they have a "selection" of classis SPL games. Obviously nobody wants to watch a classic where their team got stuffed, so here is the list of the winning teams featured (I've listed both if it was a classic draw)

Celtic featured 7 times
Rangers featured 7 times
Aberdeen featured 3 times
Hearts featured once (beating us of course)
Hibs featured once
Others featured 5 times

So videos featuring the Old firm winning = 14
All the other 10 teams put together = 10

Utterly pathetic..a look at their "news" section is similar, with almost every opportunity taken to feature Rangers and Celtic and ignore the other 10 clubs in the top flight.

This isn't the website of a media outlet trying to pander to the biggest audience...it's our own league website !!!!

Argylehibby
09-09-2022, 11:49 AM
I’ve said for years that Scottish football isn’t run for the benefit of two teams it’s run by two teams.

NAE NOOKIE
09-09-2022, 01:40 PM
I’ve said for years that Scottish football isn’t run for the benefit of two teams it’s run by two teams.

This

Joe6-2
09-09-2022, 02:04 PM

Spot on!

bod
10-09-2022, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=worcesterhibby;7096626]I Just popped on to the official SPFL website to check their confirmation of games being off this weekend.

It's not a website I usually visit and I was a bit shocked about how obvious their bias is towards the Old Firm, considering out our official league website.

On the front page they have a "selection" of classis SPL games. Obviously nobody wants to watch a classic where their team got stuffed, so here is the list of the winning teams featured (I've listed both if it was a classic draw)

Celtic featured 7 times
Rangers featured 7 times
Aberdeen featured 3 times
Hearts featured once (beating us of course)
Hibs featured once
Others featured 5 times

So videos featuring the Old firm winning = 14
All the other 10 teams put together = 10

Utterly pathetic..a look at their "news" section is similar, with almost every opportunity taken to feature Rangers and Celtic and ignore the other 10 clubs in the top flight.

This isn't the website of a media outlet trying to pander to the biggest audience...it's our own league website !!!![/QUOTEis there a ‘ contact us ‘ bit on the page where you can inform them that there’s more teams in Scotland ?

Since90+2
10-09-2022, 05:09 PM

Both.

A Hi-Bee
10-09-2022, 05:17 PM
Shock, surprise not called the SFA for nothing, along with the free loading SPFL.
:greengrin

Malthibby
11-09-2022, 03:01 PM
Not going to change until the rest of the clubs start repeatedly calling this out; as long as they don't they are essentially colluding with the whole corrupt hegemony.