PDA

View Full Version : Jambos Booing/Singing God Save The Queen

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2022, 06:42 AM
Disgraceful and should be ashamed.

PatHead
09-09-2022, 06:54 AM
Disgraceful way for anyone to behave especially supporters of Edinburgh's "establishment" club.

I am not a royalist myself but would never disrespect a minute's silence by booing.

Hope our own support do likewise when the time comes.

Aldo
09-09-2022, 07:05 AM

Folk shouting FTQ doesn’t show them in a good light either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
09-09-2022, 07:07 AM
Dock them points

The Tubs
09-09-2022, 07:08 AM
No danger should they try minute’s silences at Scottish games. You’ll see similar scenes all over the country.

hibsbollah
09-09-2022, 07:08 AM
Disgraceful way for anyone to behave especially supporters of Edinburgh's "establishment" club.

I am not a royalist myself but would never disrespect a minute's silence by booing.

Hope our own support do likewise when the time comes.

I think you misspoke here :greengrin
Are you hoping we disrupt the silence or don’t disrupt the silence?

Kato
09-09-2022, 07:09 AM
Disgraceful and should be ashamed.Correct, imagine being a jambo - disgusting.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

LunasBoots
09-09-2022, 07:09 AM
Singing that song in the majority of Scottish stadium would have a very mixed reaction, a minutes applause would have sufficed I would have thought.

andyf5
09-09-2022, 07:13 AM

As many Hearts fans agree. https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/197778-minutes-silencequeen%E2%80%99s-death-merged/

Every club has its idiots.

WoreTheGreen
09-09-2022, 07:23 AM
Wonder if the Huns have taken her picture down in the dressing room

DIXIHIBS
09-09-2022, 07:33 AM
Jambos are ripping each other apart on KB. They are all over the place. F@£% the queen, SNP loving, diet huns, loyalists...what a mess. Not sure if there will be a silence at ER but i hope we can have a respectful silence. Im no royalist but 60 seconds isnt long. Be good to show them how it should be done. Maybe applause would be safer option.

Springbank
09-09-2022, 07:46 AM
Funny reading that.

The boy "Jock Turd" expressing his astonishment that the queen and royal family are seen by many as divisive figures

That the Queen sanctioned the spending of £13m of taxpayers money last year as a hush money payment to her son's underage human-trafficking sex victim...

Not divisive?

OK, pal

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-09-2022, 07:47 AM
Minutes applause for the Queen wouldnt be right IMO.

should be a minutes silence. we as a country should stand up and show our respect for a human being and leave the politics out of it. like it or not we was our queen.

RIP Ma'am

The Baldmans Comb
09-09-2022, 07:51 AM
A minutes applause in the 96th minute wouldn't work for the majority of games but moving this to the 60th minute would allow everyone to take part.

Pre match would work as well but definitely applause is the route to go down though I hope English people can sing their anthem at their games if they so choose.

Jones28
09-09-2022, 07:52 AM
A minutes applause in the 96th minute wouldn't work for the majority of games but moving this to the 60th minute would allow everyone to take part.

Pre match would work as well but definitely applause is the route to go down though I hope English people can sing their anthem at their games if they so choose.

It would interrupt the usual late goal celebrations we have become so accustomed to.

Keith_M
09-09-2022, 07:58 AM
I'm a particularly vehement anti-royalist but even I could keep my mouth shut for 60 seconds. Problem is, a lot of people will be determined to draw attention to themselves, so it's not going to end well.

On a related note: At the exact moment the death was announced last night, some Celtc Fans apparently set of fireworks in celebration in the east end of Glasgow

I would have put this down to a nasty rumour.... but I actually heard them from my flat in Mount Florida.

Anthony Soprano
09-09-2022, 08:03 AM
Millions suffered and died through famine, starvation and slavery during her reign. Houses, palaces and jewels worth billions whilst the rest of the country slips into poverty. Tax payer money spent on getting her nonce son off the hook.

If people want to show their respects then that’s up to them, but that acceptance for working class people being forced to mourn is absolutely ludicrous.

Hopefully this is the catalyst to abolish the monarchy - a long outdated institution that has leeched off the country for too long.

Northernhibee
09-09-2022, 08:09 AM
I'm not a monarchist, but I do realise that there are people out there who are. There are some people who will be mourning the Queen and although I don't understand it, they'll have their own reasons for doing so.

It's not a difficult thing to be respectful of those people and to be quiet for a couple of days about it rather than looking to cause offence or upset and further divisions in this country. Some people should try it.

Stairway 2 7
09-09-2022, 08:16 AM
Millions suffered and died through famine, starvation and slavery during her reign. Houses, palaces and jewels worth billions whilst the rest of the country slips into poverty. Tax payer money spent on getting her nonce son off the hook.

If people want to show their respects then that’s up to them, but that acceptance for working class people being forced to mourn is absolutely ludicrous.

Hopefully this is the catalyst to abolish the monarchy - a long outdated institution that has leeched off the country for too long.

The royals cost £105 million a year apparently. Visit Scotland spend £8.5 mil on advertising worldwide during Scotland tourism month this year. UK and Edinburgh will be Wall to Wall around the world this week. She'll had made her worth 10 fold this year.

Can't see Charlie being the same but many tourists love all the royalty pish and its daft to say they don't. Edinburgh is going to get the biggest post covid tourism boost it could have dreamed off, sweeping shots of pageantry the Royal mile and Castle is money in the bank

Chorley Hibee
09-09-2022, 08:20 AM
It would interrupt the usual late goal celebrations we have become so accustomed to.

And if Rangers were behind in their game, there would still be a further 20 minutes to play too.

easty
09-09-2022, 08:26 AM
The royals cost £105 million a year apparently. Visit Scotland spend £8.5 mil on advertising worldwide during Scotland tourism month this year. UK and Edinburgh will be Wall to Wall around the world this week. She'll had made her worth 10 fold this year.

What’s the cost of the royals got to do with the cost of advertising for Visit Scotland? I don’t see the connection? Isn’t there an equivalent “Visit England” that spends an equivalent amount on money down there?

Anthony Soprano
09-09-2022, 08:29 AM

Can't see Charlie being the same but many tourists love all the royalty pish and its daft to say they don't. Edinburgh is going to get the biggest post covid tourism boost it could have dreamed off, sweeping shots of pageantry the Royal mile and Castle is money in the bank

Tourists will visit the palace when they visit of course, but it’s one small attraction amongst many in Edinburgh and is out the way of the city centre. I think it’s doing our city a disservice to credit the queen for tourism money received.

Stairway 2 7
09-09-2022, 08:32 AM
What’s the cost of the royals got to do with the cost of advertising for Visit Scotland? I don’t see the connection? Isn’t there an equivalent “Visit England” that spends an equivalent amount on money down there?

Because I'm in Scotland. I'd bet visit England advertising will be many multiples of ours, so even better value this year. If our share is under 10 million for the royals, an advertising campaign like we are about to get would be massive.

I'd still be done with them but it's undeniable

Stairway 2 7
09-09-2022, 08:36 AM
Tourists will visit the palace when they visit of course, but it’s one small attraction amongst many in Edinburgh and is out the way of the city centre. I think it’s doing our city a disservice to credit the queen for tourism money received.

I didn't you've just said that. I said the advertising were about to get would pay for the royals for probably a decade.

I'd get rid of them but more for the reason of someone born to rule is vile

I'm Spartacus
09-09-2022, 08:40 AM
Shambolic behaviour, live on national TV too. Total ****.

500miles
09-09-2022, 08:43 AM
The thing is, the queen isn't an apolitical or neutral figure. A lot of crimes and atrocities carried out in her and her families names. A lot of people worried about free speech and a snowflakes acting really fragile right now.

I won't be disturbing a minutes silence - she seemed a reasonable human being in a very unreasonable system to me - but I think people have the right to express their objections to the mandatory grieving.

BILLYHIBS
09-09-2022, 08:44 AM
Total ****bags

Should have points deducted kicked out of Europe and relegated to Division 3 ( If we have one )

Respect

Greenbeard
09-09-2022, 08:47 AM

So you hate the monarchy and judging by your Hibs.net nom de plume you revere the Sopranos?

Mantis Toboggan
09-09-2022, 08:51 AM
So you hate the monarchy and judging by your Hibs.net nom de plume you revere the Sopranos?

You understand the difference between fiction and reality ?

Since452
09-09-2022, 08:56 AM
Embarrassed themselves on and off the park.

Since90+2
09-09-2022, 08:56 AM
Total ****bags

Should have points deducted kicked out of Europe and relegated to Division 3 ( If we have one )

Respect

How do you think a Hibs crowd would have reacted at a European home tie?

BILLYHIBS
09-09-2022, 08:58 AM

I dread to think

Anthony Soprano
09-09-2022, 08:59 AM

It’s a tv show mate.

Vini1875
09-09-2022, 09:03 AM
There should be no minutes silence at Easter Road. There will be plenty of time and places to pay respects. It will be disturbed at Easter Road and people can say morons or idiots, but the monarchy is an issue over which both sides have legitimate arguments. I will not be touching my forelocks.

hibby rae
09-09-2022, 09:03 AM
Tbh if there is a silence at the next ER game then I'll make sure I come in after it so I'm not forced to show respect for an institution which I do not have.

Keith_M
09-09-2022, 09:06 AM
There should be no minutes silence at Easter Road. There will be plenty of time and places to pay respects. It will be disturbed at Easter Road and people can say morons or idiots, but the monarchy is an issue over which both sides have legitimate arguments. I will not be touching my forelocks.

You'd get lifted for that

Keith_M
09-09-2022, 09:12 AM
In all seriousness, though... as much as we all enjoy taking the p1ss out of football rivals, there's a (small) element of the Hibs support that are just as bad as the mini-Huns over at Tynecastle.

Can you imagine the minute's silence starts at ER and a dozen or so nutters start singing the 'Stokesy's Da' song?

Mick O'Rourke
09-09-2022, 09:20 AM

I doubt we would have announced her passing during half time break then ask for a minutes silence before game resumed .
The crowd would not be in silence imo
And no one would sing GSTQ either !!

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2022, 09:25 AM
I saw the Hearts fans who sang God Save The Queen as servile imperialist lackeys justifying historical atrocities, the ripping off of the taxpayer, and de facto justification of a horrendous class system, entrenched privilege and child sex abuse.

I saw the Hearts fans who booed the national anthem as classless, bitter, disrespectful morons, celebrating the demise of of an old, much loved public servant, and an insult to everyone who has lost elderly relatives.

But it’s the ones who chose to remain silent that really get the full brunt of my scorn and contempt - they are nothing people, like the nothing club they purport to support.

Shame on them all.

Chorley Hibee
09-09-2022, 09:28 AM
I dread to think

I said similar last night.

Thank god we weren't involved last night.

Can you imagine the news media this morning.

They'd have been asking for our expulsion from the league and more.

DH1875
09-09-2022, 09:39 AM
I kinda get folk singing GSTQ to pay their respects. You only need to watch the news to see that folk all over the UK were doing it at points. The rule Britannia after it though........what were they thinking lol.

Spike Mandela
09-09-2022, 09:43 AM
That minutes silence is the most shambolic I’ve ever seen.:greengrin

Celtic fans reading this likely saying, “haud ma beer”

The Baldmans Comb
09-09-2022, 09:46 AM
I saw the Hearts fans who sang God Save The Queen as servile imperialist lackeys justifying historical atrocities, the ripping off of the taxpayer, and de facto justification of a horrendous class system, entrenched privilege and child sex abuse.

I saw the Hearts fans who booed the national anthem as classless, bitter, disrespectful morons, celebrating the demise of of an old, much loved public servant, and an insult to everyone who has lost elderly relatives.

But it’s the ones who chose to remain silent that really get the full brunt of my scorn and contempt - they are nothing people, like the nothing club they purport to support.

Shame on them all.

That is really clever. Top marks Sir.

DIXIHIBS
09-09-2022, 09:46 AM
I kinda get folk singing GSTQ to pay their respects. You only need to watch the news to see that folk all over the UK were doing it at points. The rule Britannia after it though........what were they thinking lol.

I doubt the ones singing GSTQ last night were doing it of respect. Its the same wee diet huns who sing sectarian songs and bring UJs to easter road. Nothing to do with respect...just keeping up their image.

Saint Hibee
09-09-2022, 09:53 AM
In fairness to them, I can’t imagine a minute’s silence would have gone down without incident had it been us at Easter Road.

Spike Mandela
09-09-2022, 10:05 AM
In fairness to them, I can’t imagine a minute’s silence would have gone down without incident had it been us at Easter Road.

That’s what makes it even more glorious.The fact it’s the Queen’s second eleven that has disgraced themselves is delicious.:greengrin

Since452
09-09-2022, 10:12 AM
"FTQ!"
"shhhhhhhh"
"FTQ!"
"Booooooo"
"God save our gracious queen!"
"Boooooooooo"
"Rule Britania"
"Boooooooo"

The most bipolar fans in world football.

nonshinyfinish
09-09-2022, 10:12 AM
You understand the difference between fiction and reality ?

I'm beginning to think you're not a real doctor.

The Spaceman
09-09-2022, 10:44 AM
It's not hard to stay quiet for 60 seconds people. Stand and think about your dinner if it really bothers you, but ultimately she was a strong public servant right up until 96 and should be commended accordingly.

LunasBoots
09-09-2022, 10:46 AM
It's not hard to stay quiet for 60 seconds people. Stand and think about your dinner if it really bothers you, but ultimately she was a strong public servant right up until 96 and should be commended accordingly.

Or just stay in the concourse if you really cant be quiet for 60 seconds.

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2022, 10:52 AM

A quick calculation based on the £100m and the £8.5m which is 108.5m multiplied by 10 means, I think that the total tourism spend in Scotland as a result of the Royal family is apparently £1.135billion.

Cannae see it massel 🤔

Libby Hibby
09-09-2022, 10:55 AM
Just make it an applause and be done with it. Folk that don’t want to clap can stay silent anyways.

This way no attention is given to the clowns that want to disturb a silence.

Bristolhibby
09-09-2022, 11:01 AM

You know you can still do all that pageantry for a President? The Irish have the President, who seems a nice old gent. Something similar in Scotland would do me just fine.

Can’t see England being up for it so it won’t happen until Indy.

J

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2022, 11:01 AM
https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers/status/1567953814883549184?t=AKMA7szKJrIK26a3yN_XIg&s=19

Minutes silence impeccably observed in Dublin at shamrock rovers game, for 3 young children who died.

Read what else happened at the game on the twitter thread.

Bostonhibby
09-09-2022, 11:03 AM
You know you can still do all that pageantry for a President? The Irish have the President, who seems a nice old gent. Something similar in Scotland would do me just fine.

JThe Palace of Versailles, to name but one, gets spectacular visitor figures and we all know what happened there.

Tourists/those who pay for it probably get better access to it than those that turn up at Britain's occupied palaces.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
09-09-2022, 11:03 AM
"FTQ!"
"shhhhhhhh"
"FTQ!"
"Booooooo"
"God save our gracious queen!"
"Boooooooooo"
"Rule Britania"
"Boooooooo"

The most bipolar fans in world football.

They do have a problem. I would say like many football fans. As should be, we are football fans not political party’s.

We don’t have the Diet Hun Billy Brit (thank Christ).

My take last night was

Silence
Knob - FTQ
Booers booing the idiot.
Diet Huns sparking up GSTQ to drown out the booing and idiot.
Nationalists and / or Republicans then booing out the GSTQer Diet Huns.

What a shambles.

J

Bristolhibby
09-09-2022, 11:05 AM
The Palace of Versailles, to name but one, gets spectacular visitor figures and we all know what happened there.

Tourists/those who pay for it probably get better access to it than those that turn up at Britain's occupied palaces.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Never been to Versailles but definitely on my list.

J

wookie70
09-09-2022, 11:09 AM
Tbh if there is a silence at the next ER game then I'll make sure I come in after it so I'm not forced to show respect for an institution which I do not have.
I'm the same. I'm usually early to games so I will leave my seat and go into the concourse. If games are cancelled for one or two weeks then surely that is plenty respect. My preference would be for games to go ahead. A silence perfectly observed by those who want to take part and not disturbed by those of us who don't as we can stand outside. That gives respect and choice. Otherwise events are forced on us, well lack of events are forced on us. Has there been consultation with fans, players or those who make a living out of sport

BobMilne
09-09-2022, 11:23 AM
Bollocks to that!!

Minutes applause for the Queen wouldnt be right IMO.

should be a minutes silence. we as a country should stand up and show our respect for a human being and leave the politics out of it. like it or not we was our queen.

RIP Ma'am

hhibs
09-09-2022, 11:49 AM
The thing is, the queen isn't an apolitical or neutral figure. A lot of crimes and atrocities carried out in her and her families names. A lot of people worried about free speech and a snowflakes acting really fragile right now.

I won't be disturbing a minutes silence - she seemed a reasonable human being in a very unreasonable system to me - but I think people have the right to express their objections to the mandatory grieving.

This.

Bishop Hibee
09-09-2022, 11:58 AM
I’m sure the ‘Lizzie’s in a box’ chant will get big licks from some. If she’d died in the 80’s, I’d probably have joined in too. Life experience and auld age has mellowed me so I wouldn’t give royalist ‘snowflakes’ ammunition.

My beef is with the whole idea of monarchy, not individuals. An alternative view of the Queen here:

https://www.politico.eu/article/the-short-unhappy-life-of-elizabeth-windsor-queen-elizabeth-ii-obituary/

Victor
09-09-2022, 11:59 AM
You do know she’s not the real monarch? Her family only got the job because they didn’t want a Catholic King/Queen. [emoji3]

Stairway 2 7
09-09-2022, 12:13 PM
A quick calculation based on the £100m and the £8.5m which is 108.5m multiplied by 10 means, I think that the total tourism spend in Scotland as a result of the Royal family is apparently £1.135billion.

Cannae see it massel 🤔

100 million a year is for uk. So Scotland pays about 8.5 million a year for them, coincidentally the same as advertising Scotland tourism month.

So 10 years would be 85 million. That campaign was only for 5 countries I believe, were about to shown round the world. I reckon it would cost more than 85 million to advertise like this.

Stairway 2 7
09-09-2022, 12:15 PM

J

I never said you can't I just said this is going to beam Edinburgh around the world. I'd get rid of them tomorrow. But it's undeniable that it's good publicity and will put Edinburgh in the most homes since the commonwealth games probably

hibstag
09-09-2022, 12:20 PM
You do know she’s not the real monarch? Her family only got the job because they didn’t want a Catholic King/Queen. [emoji3]

That’s not quite true William who was offered the crown isn’t a direct relation or in her line of accession, she is directly related through blood to the house of Stuart and in turn Hanover who allowed parliament to cover all their bases around religion and lineage and took over in 1715.

brog
09-09-2022, 01:16 PM
I didn't you've just said that. I said the advertising were about to get would pay for the royals for probably a decade.

I'd get rid of them but more for the reason of someone born to rule is vile

Because I'm in Scotland. I'd bet visit England advertising will be many multiples of ours, so even better value this year. If our share is under 10 million for the royals, an advertising campaign like we are about to get would be massive.

I'd still be done with them but it's undeniable

There have been many studies conducted to determine the 'value' of the Royal Family'. None have been able to demonstrate that the income exceeds the expenditure. It's a lazy myth designed to perpetuate the need for a monarchy.

nonshinyfinish
09-09-2022, 01:20 PM
There have been many studies conducted to determine the 'value' of the Royal Family'. None have been able to demonstrate that the income exceeds the expenditure. It's a lazy myth designed to perpetuate the need for a monarchy.

Have any studies been able to demonstrate that the expenditure exceeds the income?

I'd abolish the monarchy tomorrow if I could (actually, I'd try to fit it in this afternoon), but the financial argument from either direction has always seemed a bit weak to me – it's far from simple to quantify.

NAE NOOKIE
09-09-2022, 01:25 PM
Whatever this was it puts to bed the always untrue perception that the Hearts support are in the main establishment worshiping royalists. I know a few Jambos and two of them, apart from being absolutely rabid Yams, are also entirely left wing anti establishment and if they were there last night, which I'm sure they were, they would almost certainly have been part of the booing section. It must have been such a crushing disappointment for the diet Billy Boys element that infect Hearts to be so forcefully reminded that their wish to turn Hearts into a a clone of The Rangurz is not one shared by many of their fellow fans :greengrin

My personal take on it is this. It would be entirely hypocritical of me a lifelong republican to stand in a minutes silence for the late figurehead of an institution I absolutely fundamentally disagree with .. I simply do not care how good she supposedly was at a job that in my opinion she should never have had and I absolutely resent the media telling me how grief stricken I'm supposed to be, or being expected by other people to take part in any minutes silence when I go to support my fitba club.

I would not dream of disrupting such an event at ER, but as was suggested by another poster I will remain under the stand in the concourse for the entirety of that 60 seconds.
All I would remind people of is over 3000 Hibs fans at Bolton in 2009 singing 'F' the queen .. I know it was only done to wind up the Bolton fans, and boy did it work, but the enthusiasm and gusto with which the fans that day were willing to join in should be an indicator of how a minutes silence might work out if held at ER .... don't get me wrong, I can't envisage any fans bursting into a rousing chorus of 'God save the queen / king ... but lets not pretend some wont try to break the silence.

Victor
09-09-2022, 01:25 PM
That’s not quite true William who was offered the crown isn’t a direct relation or in her line of accession, she is directly related through blood to the house of Stuart and in turn Hanover who allowed parliament to cover all their bases around religion and lineage and took over in 1715.

Yeah, but there more direct heirs i.e James VII or III then Charles Edward Stuart. The present Queens Stuart blood is through her mother. The Orange bloke only got the job because he was married to Mary Stuart. As someone else said, it would have all been so different if Henry VIII had been able to keep it in his pants.

CentreLine
09-09-2022, 01:26 PM

I am no apologist for the royal family but it is important to get the criticism right if you are going to come out with stuff like this.

The queen was independently wealthy, as will her son be, largely through being born in to a privileged position and property ownership going back generations. Not any differently from a large number of the hereditary entitled people in our society.
Most of the trappings of wealth that you quote are not the property of the monarch but belong to the state. Buckingham Palace, the Crown Jewels, Palace of Holyrood House, etc..
Millions of people have died during her reign but I’d argue it is the function of government to intervene there. I’d be interested to know where the UK sponsored slavery comes in. Sweat shops for sure but slavery?
I’m not sure that she could be held personally responsible. Her government, for sure, but she had no genuine power, despite being a figurehead.
Getting her nonce son off a hook was (is) most unpalatable but was not directly tax payers money.
As for leeching off the state, the presence of that, outdated, unnecessary, institution, brings billions in to this country. If we have one we may as well benefit from it.
Personally, I’ll not be rushing to Holyrood to see the queen lying in state but tens of thousands will and contribute to, not just Edinburgh but the wider Scottish economy in doing so.

The constitutional issue has to be a valid target for change but let’s not stray from the facts too far 🤔

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2022, 01:32 PM
Dock them points

They dont have any. :greengrin

Stairway 2 7
09-09-2022, 01:34 PM

In the tweets you've quoted I've said the advertising this week give will be massive, even anti royalist like myself should be delighted at the boost for Edinburgh after covid.

It's impossible to work out if the are worth 100 mil a year. Even if they were it doesn't mean a penny should be spent on them. No one should be born to rule. I wouldn’t quite behead them, but take them off the constitutional and official stuff and let them bash on

dangermouse
09-09-2022, 01:39 PM
I think the fundamental issue being overlooked is that some people have lost their mother, grandmother, or great-grandmother. It should never be forgotten what side of the royal/republican fence you sit on, people are grieving for a loved one, something we will all do or have already done.

Anyone who thinks of disrupting a minute's silence needs to have a wee think about what if it was one of their relatives.

She didn't ask for the job but did it anyway so kudos to her for that even if I don't agree with the monarchy.

Billy McKirdy
09-09-2022, 01:44 PM
I don’t have a problem with the booing, I wouldn’t have done it myself but I’m not overly distressed about it.

I’m not going to pretend I’m sad the queen has died, I’m not.
I’m not happy she’s died either, she was the head of her family and they quite rightly are mourning her loss deeply like every family would at a time like this.
As someone who’s never acknowledged her role as my monarch I won’t be acknowledging her heir either.
I am nobodies subject.

Monarchies are outdated and archaic institutions that really have no place in any modern society in my opinion.
Maybe now is the time to finally stop being a monarchy, develop a true democracy with elected heads of states who are accountable to the citizens they are elected to serve and a society that truly represent an individual’s qualities separate from their perceived class.

Rest in peace Ma’am and please rest in peace the monarchy.

NAE NOOKIE
09-09-2022, 01:49 PM
I don’t have a problem with the booing, I wouldn’t have done it myself but I’m not overly distressed about it.

I’m not going to pretend I’m sad the queen has died, I’m not.
I’m not happy she’s died either, she was the head of her family and they quite rightly are mourning her loss deeply like every family would at a time like this.
As someone who’s never acknowledged her role as my monarch I won’t be acknowledging her heir either.
I am nobodies subject.

Monarchies are outdated and archaic institutions that really have no place in any modern society in my opinion.
Maybe now is the time to finally stop being a monarchy, develop a true democracy with elected heads of states who are accountable to the citizens they are elected to serve and a society that truly represent an individual’s qualities separate from their perceived class.

Rest in peace Ma’am and please rest in peace the monarchy.

:top marks

Baader
09-09-2022, 02:02 PM

Shame on them all.

Brilliant!

Capt Mainwaring
09-09-2022, 02:05 PM
That lot have booed the silence for the death of the Pope, and wrecked a silence for the death of the Queen!!

Crazy mixed up kids from the self proclaimed “Establishment Club”!!

PS - is it beyond anyone to shut up for a minute on the basis a minute’s silence means something to someone!?!

Bristolhibby
09-09-2022, 02:07 PM
Have any studies been able to demonstrate that the expenditure exceeds the income?

I'd abolish the monarchy tomorrow if I could (actually, I'd try to fit it in this afternoon), but the financial argument from either direction has always seemed a bit weak to me – it's far from simple to quantify.

It’s not a financial issue for me. It’s what’s right and just in a democracy. Nobody should be above the law. King Charles is. He cannot be prosecuted for any crime. It’s him vs him.

J

HNA12
09-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Another thread that has evolved to the point it belongs on the Holy Ground. You can all head over there to continue your political bickering. :greengrin