PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mackay

brog
07-09-2022, 11:57 AM
It's tough trying to track his progress with ICT as they have no fewer than 4 Mackays/McKays playing or on bench most weeks. However I think Dan won a penalty and also had a late assist as ICT won 2 0 at Raith on Saturday. I was delighted when we signed him and hopefully he's now starting to recapture his earlier form.

Mick O'Rourke
07-09-2022, 12:08 PM
It's tough trying to track his progress with ICT as they have no fewer than 4 Mackays/McKays playing or on bench most weeks. However I think Dan won a penalty and also had a late assist as ICT won 2 0 at Raith on Saturday. I was delighted when we signed him and hopefully he's now starting to recapture his earlier form.

Good to see "out on loan"players doing well,Brian
Had me thinking there
Early/mid 60s...did we not have 3 Stevensons on the books?

Ringothedog
07-09-2022, 12:11 PM

It may be that the Championship is his level. It’s also possible that some players have a “team” and that ICT is the only one he play’s well for. This could be the case with Dan McKay although I hope he proves me wrong

Ringothedog
07-09-2022, 12:13 PM
Had me thinking there

Eric, Maurice and Lewis😉

Mikey_1875
07-09-2022, 12:19 PM
I thought he looked half decent at the start of last season and scored a couple of goals. Missed that chance vs Rijeka and that seemed to be that.

Obviously he has had a lot of time since to prove himself and didn’t appear to set the heather alight at Killie last season. He still has 2 years left on his deal even after this loan so hopefully he can improve and be an asset to us next year.

offshorehibby
07-09-2022, 12:34 PM
I thought he looked half decent at the start of last season and scored a couple of goals. Missed that chance vs Rijeka and that seemed to be that.

Obviously he has had a lot of time since to prove himself and didn’t appear to set the heather alight at Killie last season. He still has 2 years left on his deal even after this loan so hopefully he can improve and be an asset to us next year.

Was he not similar to Tait when at Killie, got injured when there.

jacomo
07-09-2022, 01:23 PM
It may be that the Championship is his level. It’s also possible that some players have a “team” and that ICT is the only one he play’s well for. This could be the case with Dan McKay although I hope he proves me wrong

Might be the case but we are in no position to know that. He’s had almost no first team time with Hibs.

Surely, if we sign a player, we are doing so because we think they have the potential to become a first team regular? The signings of both MacKay and Tait baffle me.

Unseen work
07-09-2022, 02:31 PM
Him and Tait were two very promising and exciting signings at the time for me.

I’ve said it a couple of times but I don’t understand how they never even made the pre dressing trip buy guys like Hauge did.

Not convinced we’ll see either getting a good run here unfortunately.

Forza Fred
07-09-2022, 02:46 PM
Had me thinking there

Two J. Grants…a big one and a wee one

Golden Bear
07-09-2022, 02:50 PM
Had me thinking there

Eric, Morris & ?

brog
07-09-2022, 02:52 PM
Eric, Maurice and Lewis😉

Close, was Eric, Morris and Jimmy. All fine players but The Rebel was the standout.

brog
07-09-2022, 02:53 PM
Two J. Grants…a big one and a wee one
And Colin Grant at same time!

Oscar T Grouch
07-09-2022, 03:07 PM

On of them is Dan's brother Calum, they have a forward Billy McKay and a goalie Cameron MacKay too. I am sure there was a highland league team with 5 players with the same surname in it a few years ago (by a few years ago, this could be 3 year or 23 years, my concept of time has got muddled as I get older! :greengrin)

basehibby
07-09-2022, 03:10 PM
Him and Tait were two very promising and exciting signings at the time for me.

I’ve said it a couple of times but I don’t understand how they never even made the pre dressing trip buy guys like Hauge did.

Not convinced we’ll see either getting a good run here unfortunately.

Agree with your sentiment. Signing guys like MacKay & Tait seems of little value if they never get a chance in the 1st team to show if they've got it. We have signed a plethora of pacy forward types - mostly "in development" this last year. Meanwhile MacKay seems like a forgotten man.

brog
07-09-2022, 03:19 PM
On of them is Dan's brother Calum, they have a forward Billy McKay and a goalie Cameron MacKay too. I am sure there was a highland league team with 5 players with the same surname in it a few years ago (by a few years ago, this could be 3 year or 23 years, my concept of time has got muddled as I get older! :greengrin)

I'm sure you're right, think Stirling had 4 or 5 Browns last season or so too, my mate Jeff always refers to Mrs Browns' Boys!

Mikey_1875
07-09-2022, 04:51 PM
Was he not similar to Tait when at Killie, got injured when there.

You might be right! I remember them both getting injured but thought Mackays was a couple of weeks while Tait was longer term. They both made a similar amount of appearances (Tait 7, Mackay 10) so maybe it was more significant.

Either way fingers crossed both have a great season and can become useful players for us next year.

brog
08-09-2022, 08:36 AM
Talking of injuries I believe Jamie Gullan came off in 1st half versus ICT. Hope it's nothing serious, he had a tough time last season. The Hibs curse!!

Oscar T Grouch
08-09-2022, 01:11 PM
I'm sure you're right, think Stirling had 4 or 5 Browns last season or so too, my mate Jeff always refers to Mrs Browns' Boys!

I was thinking about this last night ( I have a very boring life :greengrin) and tried to find the highland league team and the Stirling teams, couldn't find them but I did find this!

https://www.croatiaweek.com/the-croatian-football-club-with-21-players-with-the-same-surname/

Weirdly the article doesn't say if Števanja is a common name in the region. The Italian team De Feo with 11 De Feo's in the side seems to have been a publicity stunt. You would imagine that there could be a Vietnamese team with 11 Nguyen's playing as around 50% of the population have that surname, similar in regions of India with Singhs or Patels. Anyways, thought I would post the article, I will add this info to the copious amounts of other useless information in my head :greengrin

brog
08-09-2022, 02:02 PM
I was thinking about this last night ( I have a very boring life :greengrin) and tried to find the highland league team and the Stirling teams, couldn't find them but I did find this!

https://www.croatiaweek.com/the-croatian-football-club-with-21-players-with-the-same-surname/

Weirdly the article doesn't say if Števanja is a common name in the region. The Italian team De Feo with 11 De Feo's in the side seems to have been a publicity stunt. You would imagine that there could be a Vietnamese team with 11 Nguyen's playing as around 50% of the population have that surname, similar in regions of India with Singhs or Patels. Anyways, thought I would post the article, I will add this info to the copious amounts of other useless information in my head :greengrin

Superb!

Viva_Palmeiras
08-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Talking of injuries I believe Jamie Gullan came off in 1st half versus ICT. Hope it's nothing serious, he had a tough time last season. The Hibs curse!!

Is Jamie still on our books B? Thought he’d been moved on?

Bridge hibs
08-09-2022, 09:03 PM
Is Jamie still on our books B? Thought he’d been moved on?Nope, signed a permanent 2.5 year deal with Raith 👍

brog
08-09-2022, 09:17 PM
Is Jamie still on our books B? Thought he’d been moved on?

He's with Raith, who played ICT on Saturday. Jamie came off in 1st half, I assume injured .

brog
09-09-2022, 09:34 PM
Thought I would bump this given its about the only thread that hasn't been closed this week!🙂 Anyone got any more info about Dan's performances at ICT?