PDA

View Full Version : VAR joke😖

Jim44
03-09-2022, 10:32 PM
The fiasco at the end of the Chelsea v West Ham game is clear evidence that VAR is only as efficient as the dodgy individuals using it. It’s wide open to corruption.

Stevie Reid
03-09-2022, 10:45 PM
Scandalous decision. Any notion that it might redress the balance with the OF up here is utter delusion.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2022, 10:46 PM
An absolutely disgraceful decision, I am 100% against VAR coming in if that's the sort of decisions we're going to be subjected to.

Pagan Hibernia
03-09-2022, 11:09 PM
An absolutely disgraceful decision, I am 100% against VAR coming in if that's the sort of decisions we're going to be subjected to.

it will make old firm bias even worse than it already is, if that’s possible

Dmas
04-09-2022, 05:39 AM
I still can’t believe they haven’t stopped using the slow motion, the amount of times slow motion and stills of contact makes incidents look worse than real time is unreal, it’s a contact sport there will be contact the severity of that contact can only be judged in real time surely, is player out or control for example.

That one last night in West Ham game was incredible absolutely nothing in it, another one was in Leeds game ref didn’t give a pen wasn’t even told to have a look ended up sending the manager off how that’s not classed as a clear and obvious mistake is baffling as well

Hiber-nation
04-09-2022, 06:34 AM
Just saw the Newcastle disallowed goal as well. Beyond belief really.

Aldo
04-09-2022, 06:51 AM

We need to remember it’ll be the same officials checking VAR. I have little or zero confidence it’ll be fair especially against certain teams!

Yesterday was clear that even in plain sight etc the officials cannot even get them right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH81
04-09-2022, 07:00 AM
Just think all them pens which was close the Rangers and Celtic will now get on top of the soft ones they already do.

Colr
04-09-2022, 07:02 AM

My first experience of it today at Spurs v Fulham and I’ve not a fan of the way its been brought in. It’s just another level of anonymous incomptetent refereeing from behind a screen.

If it takes minutes to make an intervention then the “mistake” ISN’T “clear and obvious”.

I think the ref should be able to review footage if he’s undecided, though.

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2022, 07:06 AM
It's only in England there seems to absolute shambles with it all the time. Their refs are hopeless

Gmack7
04-09-2022, 07:06 AM
Incredible decision to dissallow the west ham goal

easty
04-09-2022, 07:10 AM
I still can’t believe they haven’t stopped using the slow motion, the amount of times slow motion and stills of contact makes incidents look worse than real time is unreal, it’s a contact sport there will be contact the severity of that contact can only be judged in real time surely, is player out or control for example.

That one last night in West Ham game was incredible absolutely nothing in it, another one was in Leeds game ref didn’t give a pen wasn’t even told to have a look ended up sending the manager off how that’s not classed as a clear and obvious mistake is baffling as well

Would the one in the Leeds game not have ended up as a freekick if it went to VAR? I dunno how it works in that situation but the first foul was outside the box.

HibbyDave
04-09-2022, 07:57 AM
Unless we have full transparency BEFORE each game regarding who is the Var official and have the ability to listen to the ref conversation during the match then nowt will change

hibstag
04-09-2022, 08:37 AM
Just think all them pens which was close the Rangers and Celtic will now get on top of the soft ones they already do.
Sd
This is the reality, more disallowed goals for teams playing them for tiny infringements like hand on a shoulder etc.

J-C
04-09-2022, 08:38 AM
The fiasco at the end of the Chelsea v West Ham game is clear evidence that VAR is only as efficient as the dodgy individuals using it. It’s wide open to corruption.

Wasn't the only one, I watched MOTD this morning with about 4 VAR talking points all shockingly bad.

hibstag
04-09-2022, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=Aldo;7091252]We need to remember it’ll be the same officials checking VAR. I have little or zero confidence it’ll be fair especially against certain teams!

Yesterday was clear that even in plain sight etc the officials cannot even get them right.

Aye and we will have the pundits on sportscene backing up its validity by saying things like it's not even up for debate or VAR is fair its there in black and white.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-09-2022, 08:51 AM
VAR is almost making things worse. Before it went in, there was a modicum of common sense applied where the officials only had a split second to make a call. Getting the opportunity to see incidents inside out and upside down, and still make obvious errors is like a backwards step.

Jim44
04-09-2022, 09:00 AM
VAR will simply vindicate and cynically rubber stamp the biased, pro Old Firm status quo in Scottish Football. Their only problem is how to apply it in Old Firm games, but I’m sure they’ll concoct a means of making it fair to both teams.

SlickShoes
04-09-2022, 09:06 AM
The replaying of everything in slomo back and forth completely isolated makes no sense, this is going to be horrific up here.

It’s a technology that works, then you add humans and it falls apart.

H18 SFR
04-09-2022, 11:15 AM
It's only in England there seems to absolute shambles with it all the time. Their refs are hopeless

I agree 100% with this.

I’m not confident we will be any better.

Carheenlea
04-09-2022, 12:42 PM
The replaying of everything in slomo back and forth completely isolated makes no sense, this is going to be horrific up here.

It only works when determining matters of fact. When determining matters of opinion, which most footballing rules are judged by, then it’s always going to fall apart.

B.H.F.C
04-09-2022, 12:49 PM

When we start using it, games will go on for about and extra 20 minutes with how bad the refs are. They’ll be so indecisive and it’ll just give them further opportunity to make mistakes. The pressure on them when they’re refereeing in Glasgow, to reverse anything that goes against those two, will be insane.

Hibby70
04-09-2022, 12:56 PM
VAR officials will be looking for every possible reason to give the Old Firm penalties or disallow goals against.

davym7062
04-09-2022, 04:08 PM
correct decision imo, mind u i had chelsea on my coupon :greengrin

bringbackbenny
04-09-2022, 04:14 PM
When we start using it, games will go on for about and extra 20 minutes with how bad the refs are. They’ll be so indecisive and it’ll just give them further opportunity to make mistakes. The pressure on them when they’re refereeing in Glasgow, to reverse anything that goes against those two, will be insane.

Correct - it'll be a disaster. The minutiae of every inconsequential contact in the box will be checked.

Be amazed if same scrutiny will be given for the other teams.