PDA

View Full Version : Bojang

Hibs3-2
03-09-2022, 04:34 PM
What does this guy have to do to get a start? Another good performance today - unlucky not to get a goal

Should start next game with Youan and Boyle either side of him

percy veer
03-09-2022, 04:36 PM
What does this guy have to do to get a start? Another good performance today - unlucky not to get a goal

Stick that chance at the end In the net and he may get a start

Allant1981
Unlucky not to get a goal, it was a terrible miss, if he wants to start he needs to take those types of chances

hibee1875

Putting away chances as easy as that would go a long way.

Pedantic_Hibee
Right, that’s enough internet for me today I think. Ta-ta and farewell.

Callum_62
03-09-2022, 04:37 PM
He does seem to have a strange knack of getting big chances with very little game time

Needs to score one though

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Trinity Hibee
03-09-2022, 04:38 PM

Can’t agree. Terrible miss one on one. Won a few headers but certainly nothing to justify starting him yet. He’s not getting infront of youan,Boyle or McKirdy who looked good when he got on.

Slim Shady
03-09-2022, 04:38 PM
what does this guy have to do to get a start? Another good performance today - unlucky not to get a goal

should start next game with youan and boyle either side of him

nurse!!!

Unseen work
03-09-2022, 04:39 PM
As soon as he took the touch onto his left foot I wasn’t confident he’d score it.

Is it worth giving him a chance? His pace and awkwardness seems so result in him getting a few chances. Personally I’d still keep using him as a sub late in games when teams are tiring. Hopefully he stsrts putting away some chances and builds confidence.

Want to see Tavares get a chance again soon.

hibee-boys
03-09-2022, 04:40 PM

This has to be a wind up…….experiment gone wrong🙈

FastEddieFelson
03-09-2022, 04:40 PM
Don't think the stadium announcer did him any favours, blaring out the injury time announcement when he was through on goal...

Keith_M
03-09-2022, 04:41 PM

That wasn't luck, it was one of three gilt edges chances that should have been finished off.

Hiber-nation
03-09-2022, 04:42 PM

I assumed it was. So obvious he wasn't going to put that chance away.

BegbieHSC
Gutted for him. He had so much time, and I reckon he probably over thought it, unsure whether to smash it, chip it, or place it.

Reckon he might benefit from some time with the development, bang in some goals at a lower level to up the confidence before coming into the first.

hibsbollah
He came on the 90th minute so ‘another good performance today’ is surely over egging it a bit :greengrin

BlackSheep
I feel for the lad, think a goal would really help him settle, defo more to come from him I think…. Good squad player right now.

Libby Hibby
03-09-2022, 04:44 PM
I think he’ll come good. Nice touch with him, Jair and McKirdy at HT with a ball boy.

MagicSwirlingShip
03-09-2022, 04:44 PM
Don't think the stadium announcer did him any favours, blaring out the injury time announcement when he was through on goal...

Thought this myself. Gee the lad a break lol

truehibernian
03-09-2022, 04:45 PM

Thing is, he’s creating chances in the very limited time he’s on the pitch. Bonnyrigg, Livi and today he’s come on and within minutes got himself into those positions. Bizarrely enough, I quite like him for his unpredictable play, the lad has pace. He’s come from very very lower league level to elite level. I say give him a chance. I remember writing off a wee Northern Irish lad after a few showings - shows I know nothing 😂

Mark05
03-09-2022, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't right him off yet,yes it was a bad miss but he needs time to settle. Maybe I've had a few too many Guinness but I still think he could still come good but I think it's going to be next year when that will happen. Let's be honest 5 minutes here or there isn't going to help him much

JohnM1875
03-09-2022, 04:48 PM
Feel so sorry for him with that miss. Could tell he was obviously gutted with it, some of the reactions around me were brutal.

I'd give him a start.

easty
03-09-2022, 04:51 PM
Feel so sorry for him with that miss. Could tell he was obviously gutted with it, some of the reactions around me were brutal.

I'd give him a start.

I don't think he'll ever start a game for us.

We've still got Nisbet and Melkerson to come back.

Franck Le God
03-09-2022, 04:56 PM
Honestly can’t tell if OP is at the windup. I had a fiver on two zip as well

FWIW I felt for him, he was clearly gutted at FT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny_Leith
03-09-2022, 04:58 PM
He should have had at least 2 goals to his name by now. I hate to be critical, but the standard of his finishing is nowhere near good enough - should have snatched a point at Livi for us and should have put the game to bed today. His play outside the box hasn't been great or awful but if he wants to make it at Hibs, and his place is probably under threat due to the Ukrainian lad then he needs to start taking what are simple chances.

tonyrougier123
03-09-2022, 05:05 PM
I’d start bojang over youan up at tannadice,let’s get a decent look at him,I also think youan would be affective from the bench.
Was frustrated a wee bit today with youan,and the finishing in general for us.

AL-Qaholik
03-09-2022, 05:05 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha

Good one.

McGruber
03-09-2022, 05:14 PM
He should have had at least 2 goals to his name by now. I hate to be critical, but the standard of his finishing is nowhere near good enough - should have snatched a point at Livi for us and should have put the game to bed today. His play outside the box hasn't been great or awful but if he wants to make it at Hibs, and his place is probably under threat due to the Ukrainian lad then he needs to start taking what are simple chances.

Yeah, he needs to be doing more with the 3 minutes a game he gets

Joking/making a point aside I agree, needs to take chances like today.

Thing is, and have said before - even when he comes on with just a couple minutes on the clock you back him to be on the end of a chance. Invariably he has been missing those chances and he'll only start if that changes - but he has good movemenet, gets into great positions, is very direct and pacey. Wouldn't write him off by any means, especially as he hasn't really had a chance

AL-Qaholik
03-09-2022, 05:15 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha

Good one.

18Craig75
03-09-2022, 05:17 PM
His chance was like the old half time “10 second challenge” when a fan would dribble unchallenged from the half way line and usual sclaff their shot into the crowd or straight at Sunshine, the Leith Lynx. Awful.

The Spaceman
03-09-2022, 05:26 PM
It was a really bad miss, but showed his pace and control to work into that position in the first place. We all knew when he arrived (like Tavares and Melkersen) he’s raw and a quasi-development player this season. I can see him making an impact coming off the bench absolutely.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2022, 05:27 PM
He's nowhere near good enough to be playing for us I'm afraid.

He's every bit as bad as I feared he might be when I heard he was coming from Rainbow FC.

Not his fault obviously but he should only play again in an emergency.

Benny Brazil
03-09-2022, 05:27 PM
Right, that’s enough internet for me today I think. Ta-ta and farewell.

Yeah me too - so far off what is required

lucky
03-09-2022, 05:29 PM
He’ll be released in January unfortunately pace is not the only attribute you need to play top level football

HIBS NUTS
03-09-2022, 05:30 PM
It was a really bad miss, but showed his pace and control to work into that position in the first place. We all knew when he arrived (like Tavares and Melkersen) he’s raw and a quasi-development player this season. I can see him making an impact coming off the bench absolutely.
I’ve wondered why he wasn’t given a chance, i now understand why.

Allant1981
03-09-2022, 05:30 PM

He's every bit as bad as I feared he might be when I heard he was coming from Rainbow FC.

Apart from the miss(which was bad) what has he done wrong to make you have that opinion

Callum_62
03-09-2022, 05:31 PM

Not his fault obviously but he should only play again in an emergency.I'm not quite sure how anyone can say that after what 10-15 mins all up in the league?

He's missed 2 gilt edge chances but he's getting himself into the position to miss them in the first place - could've had a Goal and an assist today too

He's defo not a starting number 9 ofcourse but i wouldn't write him off to the bin yet

SlickShoes
03-09-2022, 05:32 PM
It feels like our own fans want to hate him for pretty much no good reason, bad miss today but a slew of other players have had bad misses in the last few weeks.

Sgt. Hartman
03-09-2022, 05:33 PM
Absolutely mental some folk on here are willing to write the boy off already on very limited game time.

Have a word eh!

Sir David Gray
03-09-2022, 05:34 PM
Apart from the miss(which was bad) what has he done wrong to make you have that opinion

He's just not looked good any time I've seen him. He's a striker and whilst he has a bit of pace he does not appear to have much shooting accuracy at all which is a bit of a problem.

Hibby70
03-09-2022, 05:35 PM
It feels like our own fans want to hate him for pretty much no good reason, bad miss today but a slew of other players have had bad misses in the last few weeks.

I'm the complete opposite, it's the lad's big chance to make a living in Europe and that must add to the pressure. I fear he just doesn't have it in him but maybe he just needs that first one to go in...

Carheenlea
03-09-2022, 05:42 PM

Thought exactly the same, but still expected him to score.

The finishing in general was very poor, and I’d say there were a bit of nerves in knowing a second goal would see us coast it, but just couldn’t get it done. Thankfully one was enough and it was three badly needed points.

CL0762
03-09-2022, 05:42 PM
He’ll be released in January unfortunately pace is not the only attribute you need to play top level football

Worked for Sproule.

Rumble de Thump
03-09-2022, 05:45 PM
He hasn't played anywhere near enough for fans to judge him. Missing a chance having come straight off the bench is something that even top class strikers do from time to time.

Sgt. Hartman
03-09-2022, 05:45 PM
He’s scored the same amount of league goals as Melkersen and Youan… don’t see many people claiming these guys aren’t good enough.

I guess people are forgetting about Melkersen’s sitters last season (which were a lot easier than all of Bojangs)

If the guy wasn’t on loan from a club called rainbow and instead from a club on the continent, fans would be much more lenient

Mikey_1875
03-09-2022, 05:48 PM
Needs more time for a proper assessment but I don’t get the outpouring of sympathy for him. Missed some big chances in the time he has had on the park and he will need to do a lot better to make any positive impact for us.

His general play outside of those chances has been neither here nor there imo.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2022, 05:49 PM
He’s scored the same amount of league goals as Melkersen and Youan… don’t see many people claiming these guys aren’t good enough.

I guess people are forgetting about Melkersen’s sitters last season (which were a lot easier than all of Bojangs)

If the guy wasn’t on loan from a club called rainbow and instead from a club on the continent, fans would be much more lenient

I have said a few times that I don't believe Melkersen is ready for first team football at our level.

With the exception of the cup tie at Fir Park last season he has looked well off the pace in pretty much every game I've watched.

Youan looks like a decent player so far but doesn't appear to be a striker.

Smartie
03-09-2022, 05:49 PM
He’s someone I could see coming good eventually but right now he’s nowhere near the required standard.

I think we need to be patient. Our level is miles above what he’s used to and simply training every day will be helping him right now.

Onceinawhile
03-09-2022, 05:51 PM
He's not very good I don't think.

Sgt. Hartman
03-09-2022, 05:52 PM
I have said a few times that I don't believe Melkersen is ready for first team football at our level.

With the exception of the cup tie at Fir Park last season he has looked well off the pace in pretty much every game I've watched.

Youan looks like a decent player so far but doesn't appear to be a striker.

Absolutely agree mate!

Libby Hibby
03-09-2022, 06:07 PM
He's not very good I don't think.

I see words

A Hi-Bee
03-09-2022, 06:12 PM
If he puts a Hibs top on then he gets my support, a wee bit early to say he is no good, in my humble. Think he had to much time to think in the run up on the 1 v 1 in last min.
:flag:

03-09-2022, 06:13 PM
Needs more minutes. Bring him on at 85 minutes, he'll get 2 clear cut chances and hopefully stick one away.

Spike Mandela
03-09-2022, 06:14 PM
One on one and fluffed it. Shame, imagine what a goal might have done for his confidence and his chances of starting.

MWHIBBIES
03-09-2022, 06:23 PM
Imagine we'd written Boyle off for missing 1v1s. He was ****ing hopeless at finishing at first. It was a bad miss but there is absolutely nothing to suggest he is nowhere near good enough. He's played about 20 minutes

Vault Boy
03-09-2022, 06:40 PM
My eyes are telling me he’s just pretty rubbish.

By all means happy to eat my words if he kicks on after getting his first goal. Though he’ll probably need to take harder chances than the ones he’s had so far in order to achieve that.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-09-2022, 06:41 PM
I'm not quite sure how anyone can say that after what 10-15 mins all up in the league?

He's missed 2 gilt edge chances but he's getting himself into the position to miss them in the first place - could've had a Goal and an assist today too

He's defo not a starting number 9 ofcourse but i wouldn't write him off to the bin yet

Someone with an opinion on a football forum, that’s how. I’m happy to leave the team selection and development of players to the professionals.

hibsbollah
03-09-2022, 06:41 PM
Imagine we'd written Boyle off for missing 1v1s. He was ****ing hopeless at finishing at first. It was a bad miss but there is absolutely nothing to suggest he is nowhere near good enough. He's played about 20 minutes

:agree: Some ridiculous generalisations going on. It’s far too obvious to give the examples of Mr Sproule as someone who came from a tiny club, and a Mr Cummings as a striker who took months and months to score his first goal. Just wait and see.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2022, 06:44 PM
Nobody writing off Youann?

He’s played far more minutes and still can’t hit the net. Missed an absolute sitter as well today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unseen work
03-09-2022, 06:47 PM
I think most strikers / ex strikers say a one on one where you have to think about it for as long as that is one of there least favourite type of chances.

It looks easy but running from the half way like is loads of time to overthink it etc.

Not saying it’s not a bad miss, which it is but he’s not the first and certainly won’t be the last to miss a chance like that. Even players in the premiership do it.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2022, 06:52 PM

He’s played far more minutes and still can’t hit the net. Missed an absolute sitter as well today.

I think as far as goalscoring is concerned the early signs suggest that Youan is quite similar to Bojang's level as neither of them look like a goalscorer but he looks like he has much more to his overall game than Bojang does based on what I've seen so far.

easty

Youan's finishing has been poor, but there's a clear difference in ability between the 2 players.

I don't believe that you can't see that.

CapitalGreen

I’m not writing off either player. Youan has 3 assists and Bojang has played 40 minutes of first team football. Bojang has a knack of getting chances everytime he features hopefully he gets himself a goal soon.

Tambo
03-09-2022, 06:57 PM
Youan done ok today, had a few attempts on goal and a wee bit of skill especially when he done a 360 when it looked like most player's would of played it back into midfield but turned it into an attack.

Bojans finish was weak but I was impressed with his touch and pace before and hard to be judged on the lack of minutes he has had.

Once we get some reserve games will give the likes of miller, Bojang and Jair some football.

RyeSloan
03-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Youan done ok today, had a few attempts on goal and a wee bit of skill especially when he done a 360 when it looked like most player's would of played it back into midfield but turned it into an attack.

Bojans finish was weak but I was impressed with his touch and pace before and hard to be judged on the lack of minutes he has had.

Once we get some reserve games will give the likes of miller, Bojang and Jair some football.

And that’s the thing with taking a bit of a punt with some players…it will take a good bit of time for them to adjust and then for Hibs to gauge if they are good enough or not.

Writing any of them off at this stage is just a bit daft.

Stubbsy90+2
03-09-2022, 07:29 PM
I think as far as goalscoring is concerned the early signs suggest that Youan is quite similar to Bojang's level as neither of them look like a goalscorer but he looks like he has much more to his overall game than Bojang does based on what I've seen so far.

I really like Youan but the idea he’s a centre forward is miles off imo.

He should be playing on the left of a front 3. He’s never a centre forward in a million years from what we’ve seen so far imo.

Leith Green
03-09-2022, 07:53 PM
I really like Youan but the idea he’s a centre forward is miles off imo.

He should be playing on the left of a front 3. He’s never a centre forward in a million years from what we’ve seen so far imo.

I thought the game was crying out for Henderson to come off , mckirdy to come on and play centrally, and youan to go out to the left. The change happened but was surprised youan stayed centrally rather than mckirdy. Also think youan tends to drift out to the left a lot , would definitely like to see him played in that position.. we are creating lots of chances but struggling to finish

CapitalGreen
03-09-2022, 08:01 PM
I thought the game was crying out for Henderson to come off , mckirdy to come on and play centrally, and youan to go out to the left. The change happened but was surprised youan stayed centrally rather than mckirdy. Also think youan tends to drift out to the left a lot , would definitely like to see him played in that position.. we are creating lots of chances but struggling to finish

I agree but I think they maybe wanted the fresh legs in the wide position to help on the defensive side.

eastmainsmsh
03-09-2022, 08:28 PM
Did everything right just poor finish needs a start maybe 🤔

SideBurns
03-09-2022, 08:52 PM
I'm not writing off either player, but Youan was brutal and that attempt from Bojang...

bigwheel
03-09-2022, 09:00 PM
I'm not writing off either player, but Youan was brutal and that attempt from Bojang...

Youan had a decent first 30 mins …a poor second half ..but Brutal is an unfair assessment .

Bojang lacks confidence ..his attempt showed that

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2022, 09:00 PM
Youan's finishing has been poor, but there's a clear difference in ability between the 2 players.

I don't believe that you can't see that.

I believe I can, it’s good to believe.

Point is folk are slating Bojang, he’s not started a game. Youann has played far more minutes but is devoid of any criticism.
Youann played well for about 25/30 minutes today then vanished until he blazed over with an almost open goal.

I don’t really know how their abilities can be compared when nobody has really seen Bojang play?

One can only assume the management do though, this is the reason Youann starts.

HFC93
03-09-2022, 09:06 PM
That miss today was painful. I've seen some ***** in my time falling Hibs but was near the top.

IberianHibernian
03-09-2022, 09:13 PM
Like everyone else here I`ve only seen him for a few minutes and every time I`ve been impressed by him except for missing big chance today obviously . Really hope he gets a chance to show his worth but that`s very difficult if he only gets 5 minutes against 10 men with Melkersen , Nesbit and new striker unavailable . Not sure if he`s eligible for reserve team matches which are coming up . Whatever happens , recruitment team deserve credit for finding such an obviously talented player from a league which doesn`t normally attract much attention .

JammyDoidger
03-09-2022, 09:14 PM
The boy seems to get chances with so little game time, looks like the only striker we have that actually plays on the last man and stays in the middle, id like to see him get more of a run out tbh, he might just need one goal to go on a run.

Lewisman
03-09-2022, 09:18 PM
That miss today was painful. I've seen some ***** in my time falling Hibs but was near the top.

Yep - never seen so much plsh posted on a miss, he looks hopeless. How he got into Hibs first team amazes me.

davidgray210516
03-09-2022, 09:48 PM
Miss was so bad, even without a keeper I don’t think it would have made the line. Only positive is even Boyler was struggling to keep up with him and that was with him with the ball at his feet so I can only assume we have seen his pace and thought we can work on the rest. 1 year loan is a strange 1 for a player to work on though.
Hopefully we are all proved wrong but yea he looks poor 🙈

Criswell
03-09-2022, 09:53 PM
Signed from Rainbow? We'd have been better off signing Zippy!

leith lynx
03-09-2022, 09:54 PM
Shades of Usain Bolt

davidgray210516
03-09-2022, 09:55 PM

🤣🤣

eastterrace
03-09-2022, 10:00 PM

Sorry this guy will never be a football player

James70
03-09-2022, 10:02 PM
I remember Doidge being written off after a game at Aberdeen and coming good before getting Covid. Slagging a kid who has barely played isn't going to do his confidence any good. Rocky too was getting pelters. All these guys need a fair chance.

basehibby
03-09-2022, 10:06 PM
Poor miss today from Bojang - but then the same could be said for Henderson, Youann & McKirdy. He is raw but then so was Ivan Sproule who became a fan's favourite. He has a way to go and will need to show character and resolve if he's to earn the right to play anything more than a bit part this season.

Hibees1973
03-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Let's be honest this guy has landed at Hibs from nowhere. God knows why he is here.

Clear to me and the guys I was with he was never going to score that chance when one on one.

It's a tough game this, with no space for sentiment.

This guy will be gone by next year. Not good enough.

Sorry.

B.H.F.C
03-09-2022, 10:09 PM
Poor miss today from Bojang - but then the same could be said for Henderson, Youann & McKirdy. He is raw but then so was Ivan Sproule who became a fan's favourite. He has a way to go and will need to show character and resolve if he's to earn the right to play anything more than a bit part this season.

I don’t think there is a comparison to Sproule, other than the fact they both came from a low level.

Don’t think Bojang will ever Start a game for us.

Tricla
03-09-2022, 10:11 PM
He missed a chance. Wow wee. The amount of criticism our player, yes our player, had had after 15 minutes on the pitch says more about some of our fans than the lad.

Iain G
03-09-2022, 10:14 PM
Sorry this guy will never be a football player

He already is, hence why he was on the pitch today.

03-09-2022, 10:14 PM
The boy seems to get chances with so little game time, looks like the only striker we have that actually plays on the last man and stays in the middle, id like to see him get more of a run out tbh, he might just need one goal to go on a run.

Maybe he's the Gambian Doidge, misses good chances and then one bounces in off his arse and he goes on a scoring run.

eastterrace
03-09-2022, 10:20 PM
He already is, hence why he was on the pitch today.jeez you must have seen something different from me , this guy won’t make it in Scottish Premiership . He ain’t a football player in my eyes but maybe your eyes are painted on.

SlickShoes
03-09-2022, 10:23 PM
It’s telling that we win a game and the top threads on the forum after it are negative ones about current players and staff.

Stubbsy90+2
03-09-2022, 10:25 PM

I’m the same. Thought McKirdy would go through the middle and Youan out wide.

I’d be looking to do that for the DU game.

hibee-boys
03-09-2022, 10:25 PM
Doubt he’ll make it at Hibs, needs time in the development squad, looks nowhere near the quality required in the first team squad.

Spike Mandela
03-09-2022, 10:34 PM
Miss looked even worse on the telly, Hans Eskillsonesqe.:greengrin

Hopefully the laddie keeps his head up and improves his finishing.

Iain G
03-09-2022, 10:36 PM
jeez you must have seen something different from me , this guy won’t make it in Scottish Premiership . He ain’t a football player in my eyes but maybe your eyes are painted on.

Haven't seen the game, was just pointing out your were factually wrong in your statement

Torto7
03-09-2022, 10:55 PM
It’s telling that we win a game and the top threads on the forum after it are negative ones about current players and staff.

:agree:

Glory Lurker
03-09-2022, 11:06 PM
:agree: Some ridiculous generalisations going on. It’s far too obvious to give the examples of Mr Sproule as someone who came from a tiny club, and a Mr Cummings as a striker who took months and months to score his first goal. Just wait and see.

I’m responding here without reading the rest of the thread, but I totally agree. James Collins took all manner of abuse while the younger JC wasn’t doing much, either.

Today’s miss was a howler, no getting away from that, but when did Hibs say he is the finished product? That’s why he comes off the bench late on. He’s no ready yet. He’ll learn

bingo70
03-09-2022, 11:14 PM
I can’t be bothered reading the whole threat so apologies if this has been well covered however the best strikers in the world miss chances, they all say though the hardest parts is getting the chances and as longn as you’re doing that you’re doing something right and the goals will come.

For the amount of minutes he gets, he gets a lot of chances. That’s not luck, he’s doing something right.

He might never come good as he’s clearly very raw but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets one then goes on a scoring streak.

Glory Lurker
03-09-2022, 11:16 PM
Miss looked even worse on the telly, Hans Eskillsonesqe.:greengrin

Hopefully the laddie keeps his head up and improves his finishing.

Agree with your second sentence but, frustrating as the miss was, it wasn’t on a par with Eskillson’s.

Fergos
03-09-2022, 11:55 PM
We should back him and hope that support gives him the confidence to improve and enjoy being at Hibs. It’s what supporters do.

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
04-09-2022, 12:41 AM
Needs to play the two games a month the B Team will be playing and see if he can score in these games
It was a dreadful Miss he just tapped it to the side Have seen stronger pass backs to the keeper He bottled it

McGruber
04-09-2022, 04:33 AM
I can’t be bothered reading the whole threat so apologies if this has been well covered however the best strikers in the world miss chances, they all say though the hardest parts is getting the chances and as longn as you’re doing that you’re doing something right and the goals will come.

For the amount of minutes he gets, he gets a lot of chances. That’s not luck, he’s doing something right.

He might never come good as he’s clearly very raw but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets one then goes on a scoring streak.

Exactly.

Bad miss but he has great movement and takes up good positions. Couple that with his directness and pace and he gets chances. Keeps himself central and on the last man - something Youan and Melkerson need to be doing.

Allant1981
04-09-2022, 05:55 AM

Must have taken you ages to come up with that

BILLYHIBS
04-09-2022, 06:18 AM

Bungle more like

theonlywayisup
04-09-2022, 06:36 AM
In true Hibs.net manner, it looks he's already been written off by some. In their defence, I can understand why.

But, in LJ style speak, he's got something that we can work with. Anyone who manages any individuals knows that you'll have team members who are raw, who make mistakes, are placed in situations where they struggle to know how to react etc. As a Line Manager, it's up to you to get the best out of every member of your team and work out how best to utilise their strengths.

It's the same with Bojang. It's clear he's got skills, but he looks very raw. He needs the support of other players and coaches to build up his confidence. I don't think he's going to get that playing 2-3 minutes in games. He could do with playing more for the Development team and when he does well, bring him on for 15-20 minutes rather than the short time he's getting at the moment.

Gloucester Hibs
04-09-2022, 06:48 AM
Needs to play the two games a month the B Team will be playing and see if he can score in these games
It was a dreadful Miss he just tapped it to the side Have seen stronger pass backs to the keeper He bottled it

100% this, same with Melkerson and Tavares. These guy may turn out to be good additions but they're getting parachuted into a level of football they're unaccustomed to. I appreciate there may be reasons for this but all 3 should be proving it for the development team before they're given any more first team minutes.

GRA
04-09-2022, 07:30 AM
Like Doidge in 2019 just needs that first goal and the confidence will flow. Doidge scuffed many 1 on 1s at that time when he was low on confidence.

Either that or I'm completely wrong and he's so bad he makes Amadou Konte look like Pele 😅

That said I don't know where Bojang going to get the time to considering he only seems to be getting brought on with hardly any time left in the game each time...

LeithMike
04-09-2022, 07:32 AM
As poor as the finish was, the run through was great and he looked full of purpose.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Gordy M
04-09-2022, 07:51 AM
Just watched Alexander Isak from Newcastle do an almost identical thing, straight through one on one and terrible finish. It happens.

EVENTUALLY
04-09-2022, 08:16 AM
Just watched Alexander Isak from Newcastle do an almost identical thing, straight through one on one and terrible finish. It happens.

Yeah and he cost over £50million. Cost his team 2 points too.

Dmas
04-09-2022, 08:21 AM
As poor as the finish was, the run through was great and he looked full of purpose.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

His general play looks ok, he won a header v a centre half as well which is more than youan offered yesterday that option wasn’t really available, confidence is all that’s missing IMO a huge step up for the guy playing in front of that many as well poor patter to hammer the guy this early he was never brought here with the intention of immediate impact

Since452
04-09-2022, 08:39 AM

Yup. Immediately thought of Bojang when I saw that this morning. It happens.

JimBHibees
04-09-2022, 08:48 AM
His general play looks ok, he won a header v a centre half as well which is more than youan offered yesterday that option wasn’t really available, confidence is all that’s missing IMO a huge step up for the guy playing in front of that many as well poor patter to hammer the guy this early he was never brought here with the intention of immediate impact

I quite like him gives us an intensity and directness when he comes on a bit more physical also. Would like to see more of him.

Brooster
04-09-2022, 09:02 AM
He is brutal, everyone knew he was going to miss. Good strikers miss these chances all the time but it's the manner in which he missed it, no angle, no body shape, no direction and no power...quite embarrassing really. I hate to think guys like him are keeping Ethan Laidlaw back because I'll tell you something he is scoring that 9 times out of 10.

Allant1981
04-09-2022, 09:02 AM
Bamford had one of the worst misses you will ever see yesterday, it happens to loads of players, for me bojang needs game time, stick him in the development team and see how he gets on, he isn't ready imo to play every week yet but he isn't going to get any better with 5 mins game time each week

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 09:12 AM
He is brutal, everyone knew he was going to miss. Good strikers miss these chances all the time but it's the manner in which he missed it, no angle, no body shape, no direction and no power...quite embarrassing really. I hate to think guys like him are keeping Ethan Laidlaw back because I'll tell you something he is scoring that 9 times out of 10.

10/10.

There must be some head scratching down at East Mains how this guy gets on the park.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 09:15 AM

Only 9 times out of 10? That’s not great either. Maybe Bojang scores that 19/20.??Which makes him twice as good as Laidlaw. Or something…

Sergio sledge
04-09-2022, 09:18 AM

I didn't see the miss yesterday so can't really comment on it, however he's not really shown much in the very brief appearances he's had so far.

Normally I love this type of signing, a complete punt, complete unknown, however you make a good point regarding blocking opportunities for others. We've already had one young striker leave seemingly because he didn't have any opportunity to progress to the first team and the key to a good youth development system is showing players that there's a chance to progress.

Hopefully Bojang can take a step back into the development side (along with Melkerson when fit) once we get McGeady and Nisbet fit and he can develop away from the spotlight. Who knows, maybe he'll come good.

Brooster
04-09-2022, 09:32 AM
Only 9 times out of 10? That’s not great either. Maybe Bojang scores that 19/20.??Which makes him twice as good as Laidlaw. Or something…

Not great? I'd expect one to miss the target or the goalie to save one....not sit on it. This guy is brutal, we obviously signed him without watching him first.

B.H.F.C
04-09-2022, 09:33 AM
Totally agree that even the best strikers in the world miss chances. Missing chances is fine. But he doesn’t look to have any technique. The way he was off balance and hardly made contact with the ball. Same with the cut back to him at home to Rangers that he took a complete fresh air swipe at.

With McKirdy in now, the Ukrainian boy to come in and Nisbet on the way back, I can see him being back in Gambia in January.

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2022, 09:35 AM
Not great? I'd expect one to miss the target or the goalie to save one....not sit on it. This guy is brutal, we obviously signed him without watching him first.

The guy hasn't even played a full match.

I hope Laidlaw gets given more of a chance when he finally breaks though before he is called brutal.

Yes, we obviously signed him without watching him first. Its not like hes been here for 2 months and we've seen him in training and hes still earning his place ahead of Laidlaw...

Hes 21 years old as well. 21. Have a word with yourself

tamig
04-09-2022, 09:38 AM

What an utterly bizarre and unfathomable comment. Based on what exactly? And your comment about him “coming from Rainbow FC” is pretty poor.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 09:39 AM

So you’d expect Laidlaw to miss one out of ten? Like any other player might? Not score every time?

You’ve just made my point for me.

JohnM1875
04-09-2022, 09:40 AM

I hope Laidlaw gets given more of a chance when he finally breaks though before he is called brutal.

Yes, we obviously signed him without watching him first. Its not like hes been here for 2 months and we've seen him in training and hes still earning his place ahead of Laidlaw...

****ing hell, exactly!! The guys barely played for us and fans are slaughtering him. Folk need to have a word with themselves. So easy to give abuse these days.

Think it speaks volumes for the boy that despite his minimal game time he's probably been in a position to score most games he's come on.

Give him a start and see how he does.

Brooster
04-09-2022, 09:41 AM

Hasn't played a full match....irrelevant.
21 years old.....irrelevant.

This guy can't play football. He missed a sitter in the last minute at Livi too

SlickShoes
04-09-2022, 09:45 AM

Don’t think that one was as easy a chance as you are making out, not sure why you have to be so raging at him though, look at how many chances we’ve been creating, everyone is missing them, youans against st mirren was worse and no one is bringing that up constantly.

Jones28
04-09-2022, 09:47 AM
Some of these comments man 😴

SlickShoes
04-09-2022, 09:48 AM
I didn't see the miss yesterday so can't really comment on it, however he's not really shown much in the very brief appearances he's had so far.

Normally I love this type of signing, a complete punt, complete unknown, however you make a good point regarding blocking opportunities for others. We've already had one young striker leave seemingly because he didn't have any opportunity to progress to the first team and the key to a good youth development system is showing players that there's a chance to progress.

Hopefully Bojang can take a step back into the development side (along with Melkerson when fit) once we get McGeady and Nisbet fit and he can develop away from the spotlight. Who knows, maybe he'll come good.

Multiple posters on here that have watched the younger lads recently have said neither are ready yet, it’s not always a good time to put them in, imagine if one of them missed that chance and now was getting slaughtered online for being pish, great for their development!

Sir David Gray
04-09-2022, 10:09 AM
What an utterly bizarre and unfathomable comment. Based on what exactly? And your comment about him “coming from Rainbow FC” is pretty poor.

I'll live with it.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 10:11 AM
I'll live with it.

It’s not like west Africa is a goldmine for footballers or anything. When Sadie Mane was 19 he was playing for a tiny club in Senegal with a stadium that could fit a few hundred people.

sleeping giant
04-09-2022, 10:14 AM
What an absolute brutal thread.

This will be another player asking why he is hated.
WTF is wrong some fans.
Disgusting comments.

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2022, 10:17 AM

Those things are relevant, yes.

He can play football. He is playing football.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2022, 10:17 AM
It’s not like west Africa is a goldmine for footballers or anything. When Sadie Mane was 19 he was playing for a tiny club in Senegal with a stadium that could fit a few hundred people.

And when he was 20 (a year younger than Bojang is now) he was playing in the Olympic Games for Senegal.

If Bojang reaches anywhere near that level I'll be ecstatic as well as astonished.

Brooster
04-09-2022, 10:21 AM
Those things are relevant, yes.

He can play football. He is playing football.

It's acceptable to miss sitters because he's 21?

matty_f
04-09-2022, 10:24 AM
It's depressing how quick folk are to put the boot into players or write them off. I'm sure you'll see similar posts on forums for every team so I'm not saying we're worse than other teams' fans for it, but **** me it would be nice if we tried to be better.

21 years old, new country, new style of play, limited opportunities... Not good enough. Have a word, FFS.

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 10:24 AM

WTF is wrong some fans.
Disgusting comments.

Fans are allowed to question the ability, or lack of, in any way they see fit. This narrative that Hibs fans hate players and don’t want them to succeed is irrational.

We’ve been discussing good, bad or indifferent players at our Club since 1875,

matty_f
04-09-2022, 10:25 AM

WTF is wrong some fans.
Disgusting comments.

:agree:

JimBHibees
04-09-2022, 10:26 AM
It's depressing how quick folk are to put the boot into players or write them off. I'm sure you'll see similar posts on forums for every team so I'm not saying we're worse than other teams' fans for it, but **** me it would be nice if we tried to be better.

21 years old, new country, new style of play, limited opportunities... Not good enough. Have a word, FFS.

Agree so little context or understanding especially when young players from other cultures.

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 10:29 AM
Agree so little context or understanding especially when young players from other cultures.

Did that really play a part when he failed to score at Bonnyrigg, took a fresh air swipe v Hearts, missed a sitter at Livi and the one on one yesterday.

Brooster
04-09-2022, 10:31 AM
Fans are allowed to question the ability, or lack of, in any way they see fit. This narrative that Hibs fans hate players and don’t want them to succeed is irrational.

We’ve been discussing good, bad or indifferent players at our Club since 1875,

Agreed, the difference now being that if others don't agree with you they call you a disgrace.

matty_f
04-09-2022, 10:36 AM
Agreed, the difference now being that if others don't agree with you they call you a disgrace.

Imagine if they'd decided you were a disgrace after just a couple of shan posts though.

Rumble de Thump
04-09-2022, 10:44 AM
Did that really play a part when he failed to score at Bonnyrigg, took a fresh air swipe v Hearts, missed a sitter at Livi and the one on one yesterday.

Surely the fact he didn't get off the bench against Hearts would explain why he didn't score against them.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-09-2022, 10:44 AM
Imagine if they'd decided you were a disgrace after just a couple of shan posts though.

If that was the criteria I would have been hung, drawn and quartered years ago 😂😂

Since452
04-09-2022, 10:47 AM
Our fans are brutal at times. Oh sorry you're not allowed to have a go at fans. Forgot. Untouchable.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 10:47 AM
And when he was 20 (a year younger than Bojang is now) he was playing in the Olympic Games for Senegal.

If Bojang reaches anywhere near that level I'll be ecstatic as well as astonished.

You yourself referenced the club that he came from as the source of your doubts. That’s why I brought up Mane, who came from a similarly humble club in west Africa at a similar age. If it’s the third world nature of where he comes from too, Sproule is a good example of a player that came from a developed country AND a small, insignificant club side.

So it’s really irrelevant to bring up Bojangs background as to why he won’t make it, because there are examples literally everywhere that it just doesn’t matter, whatever criterion you are using.

Allant1981
04-09-2022, 10:48 AM
Surely the fact he didn't get off the bench against Hearts would explain why he didn't score against them.

Don't be coming here with facts!!

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 10:52 AM

Sorry Rumble.. it was clearly v Rangers. You win Hibs.net for the day.

Makes a massive difference to my point though…

matty_f
04-09-2022, 10:54 AM
If that was the criteria I would have been hung, drawn and quartered years ago 😂😂

Me too!!

Dmas
04-09-2022, 10:56 AM

This guy was written off before his feet touched Scottish soil that’s the crux of it, he’s not getting any leeway because his YouTube video was shot with a potato and his previous club had a silly name.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 10:59 AM
This guy was written off before his feet touched Scottish soil that’s the crux of it, he’s not getting any leeway because his YouTube video was shot with a potato and his previous club had a silly name.

Imagine if you came from a club that was named after a local dance troupe and referenced an organ of the body. Silly name Weirdos.

J-C
04-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Don't really know much about Bojang apart from the odd 5 mins here and there, he looks very raw and seems to be a pure cheap punt by the management, so nothing to lose if he doesn't get better, my only worry is should we be doing these cheap punts on these guys when I'd rather have someone in the squad to come off the bench and make an impact immediately. Difference with Sproule (another cheap punt) was he was Irish and probably settled easier, had blistering pace and he learnt quickly.

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2022, 11:06 AM
It's acceptable to miss sitters because he's 21?

No. Players miss sitters all the time, though. Its not unique to Mo Bojang.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2022, 11:15 AM
You yourself referenced the club that he came from as the source of your doubts. That’s why I brought up Mane, who came from a similarly humble club in west Africa at a similar age. If it’s the third world nature of where he comes from too, Sproule is a good example of a player that came from a developed country AND a small, insignificant club side.

So it’s really irrelevant to bring up Bojangs background as to why he won’t make it, because there are examples literally everywhere that it just doesn’t matter, whatever criterion you are using.

Mane came up through the ranks at Génération Foot who are one of the top sides in Senegal.

Rainbow FC, as far as I'm aware, aren't even in the top league in Gambia.

As I said if Bojang makes it here then great, it's really nothing personal against him and I certainly don't hate him as some people seem to be hinting at, I just don't think he'll make it as a professional player in the Scottish top flight and that's not his fault in the slightest.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 11:20 AM
Rainbow FC, as far as I'm aware, aren't even in the top league in Gambia.

You’ve made the point about the size or the nature of the club he used to play for a number of times. And it still doesn’t matter.

Prof. Shaggy
04-09-2022, 11:20 AM
https://youtu.be/b-wLI25eTlo

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 11:22 AM

…signed from Hutchy Vale.

theonlywayisup
04-09-2022, 11:26 AM

What a ridiculous comment to make? I hate the use of the word "brutal" in such context. Brutal when used correctly is great word. For describing a footballer who's played a total 3 minutes in the league spread over four games, excluding injury time, and has just missed a one on one is..........well words fail me.

As others have said, many players miss one on ones. IIRC that was a complaint made against Boyle in the early days. They all do it, but I bet they don't get described as brutal. What a stupid word to use!

PS: I also knew he was going to miss as I don't have complete faith in him at the moment, but I'm prepared to see how he develops at the Hibees.

LaMotta
04-09-2022, 11:28 AM
What about this Ronaldo guy,one of the greatest players ever. He would never miss a sitter would he? :hmmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbEc_ZLWuws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbEc_ZLWuws

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 11:29 AM
You’ve made the point about the size or the nature of the club he used to play for a number of times. And it still doesn’t matter.

Of course it matters, what an utterly bizarre thing to insinuate that it doesn’t reflect the standard of player that you get.

There’s reasons why players are playing in the bottom tiers of the game and it’s as much to do with their ability than that of their respective clubs.

Stubbsy90+2
04-09-2022, 11:29 AM

Great strip.

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 11:31 AM
What a ridiculous comment to make? I hate the use of the word "brutal" in such context. Brutal when used correctly is great word. For describing a footballer who's played a total 3 minutes in the league spread over four games, excluding injury time, and has just missed a one on one is..........well words fail me.

As others have said, many players miss one on ones. IIRC that was a complaint made against Boyle in the early days. They all do it, but I bet they don't get described as brutal. What a stupid word to use!

PS: I also knew he was going to miss as I don't have complete faith in him at the moment, but I'm prepared to see how he develops at the Hibees.

Re the last sentence. Developing in the first team is what’s causing the feeling of despair, if he’s having problems to settle or needs time then fire him into the B/Dev squad for a few months as learning at the sharp end of Scottish football at a club with the ambitions that we now have is ridiculous.

Brooster
04-09-2022, 11:31 AM

You hate the word 'brutal'....diddums. Words fail you then you go onto use lots of words. I think the boy is crap, you don't, let's agree to differ.

LaMotta
04-09-2022, 11:32 AM
Bojang hasn't done himself any favours with his two misses but at the same time he's hardly had any time on the pitch. He has shown he has some good attributes in terms of pace, and has a tremendous leap.

Bottom line is its too early to judge him completely - we will need to see more of him. If we don't get to see too much more of him then that's because the management team will have decided he shouldn't feature and will tell his own story.

One on ones are probably one of the hardest things in football, the composure you need and all the things running through your head especially when you've run half the length of the pitch knowing its a one on one. Ultimately he may not be good enough, but it cant be determined from that one miss alone.

Rumble de Thump
04-09-2022, 11:32 AM
Of course it matters, what an utterly bizarre thing to insinuate that it doesn’t reflect the standard of player that you get.

There’s reasons why players are playing in the bottom tiers of the game and it’s as much to do with their ability than that of their respective clubs.

Bojang plays for a Scottish Premiership club so that must mean his ability is perfectly suited to this level.

Callum_62
04-09-2022, 11:33 AM
Don't forget Ian Gordon signed him from complete obscurity so naturally he's already a disgrace to the jersey

I wonder if we would have the same level of disdain aimed at the guy so quickly if the signing came from Neil Lennon

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 11:33 AM
Posters showing clips of misses from Rolando or ones that have scored 50 goals in the top flight of Scotland as some sort of comparison…talk about missing the point.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 11:34 AM

Or they are young? Or not been spotted yet? Or be a teenager living in a country without a big team with decent facilities and coaching that could make a leap in his performances? I don’t think it’s ‘utterly bizarre’ to wait more than a matter of minutes and seconds before writing him off.

LaMotta
04-09-2022, 11:35 AM
Posters showing clips of misses from Rolando or ones that have scored 50 goals in the top flight of Scotland as some sort of comparison…talk about missing the point.

You really don't have a point other than he has missed a sitter and you have written him off as a result. You can't have seen enough of him to judge either way otherwise. The clips prove that anyone can miss a sitter, which nullifies your point.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 11:37 AM

What was Cummings doing when we signed him? What level was he playing at? How many games did it take him to score for us?

It’s not ‘some sort of comparison’, it’s a perfect comparison.

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Don't forget Ian Gordon signed him from complete obscurity so naturally he's already a disgrace to the jersey

I wonder if we would have the same level of disdain aimed at the guy so quickly if the signing came from Neil Lennon

I laughed at Hurtado under McLeish, Konte under Mowbray and there’s loads and loads more.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2022, 11:38 AM

That's your opinion, I'll respectfully disagree and leave it at that.

PaulSmith
04-09-2022, 11:40 AM
What was Cummings doing when we signed him? What level was he playing at? How many games did it take him to score for us?

It’s not ‘some sort of comparison’, it’s a perfect comparison.

Jason Cummings was well known in Scottish football and a youth internationalist. He was 17 when he signed for Hibs after one season at Hutchy.

He’s also tipped to get a shout for Oz in the lead up to the WC.

Callum_62
04-09-2022, 11:44 AM
I laughed at Hurtado under McLeish, Konte under Mowbray and there’s loads and loads more.After playing a total of 6 minutes in the league or 43 minutes in total?

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 11:45 AM
Jason Cummings was well known in Scottish football and a youth internationalist. He was 17 when he signed for Hibs after one season at Hutchy.

I was a season ticket holder that season and he was nowhere near the rest of his teammates in terms of quality. He broke his duck after something like 16 games without a goal, against Hamilton in the relegation playoff and THEN things changed. And a lot of the games he was playing the full 90 minutes. Things changed because he got given a chance. Confidence breeds confidence.

B.H.F.C
04-09-2022, 12:02 PM

Alternatively, folk have just had a look at him, albeit his appearances have been pretty brief with the longest one being 45 minutes against Norwich, and just don’t think he looks up to much.

I’m sure big Dave and the like got plenty stick and called not good enough pretty early on.

Callum_62
04-09-2022, 12:15 PM
Alternatively, folk have just had a look at him, albeit his appearances have been pretty brief with the longest one being 45 minutes against Norwich, and just don’t think he looks up to much.

I’m sure big Dave and the like got plenty stick and called not good enough pretty early on.Folk can think he's not been great but the language folk use (brutal etc) is just way OTT for someone who's played about 1 half of competative football

I've no doubt where hes came from (football wise) feeds into that

matty_f
04-09-2022, 12:44 PM

At 21?

matty_f
04-09-2022, 12:47 PM
I was a season ticket holder that season and he was nowhere near the rest of his teammates in terms of quality. He broke his duck after something like 16 games without a goal, against Hamilton in the relegation playoff and THEN things changed. And a lot of the games he was playing the full 90 minutes. Things changed because he got given a chance. Confidence breeds confidence.

Playing those games in the Championship, as well.

matty_f
04-09-2022, 12:50 PM

There's a feeling that, for some reason, he's a punt - like a wildcard signing that we've just signed on the off-chance that he's a footballer.

He was recommended to Johnson by someone doing scouting, then Hibs looked at him and made their move to sign him.

He is no more or less a punt than any other player we sign, maybe save for the likes of Marshall, McGeady and Boyle.

ZitellZeTime
04-09-2022, 12:51 PM
He does seem to have a strange knack of getting big chances with very little game time

Needs to score one though

Aye he definitely looks like he could be class, think they will maybe be doing with him like what they did with Ivan Sproule for first few months when he signed, nobody knew who he was really. But He had a lot of good qualities most importantly his speed but they worked for months and months on dribbling and crossnig, shooting drills etc with him.

Remember at one point there was talk of him going back then I think he scored against Celtic or Aberdeen, then the Hat trick at Ibrox, the rest is history.

Bojang has the pace, he's good at getting in behind. Think they will be working with him a lot in training on the final product and I think it will pay off as he seems a determined type of character. Then the next step will be once he's looking amazing in training making sure he's prepared for ****bos,huns,tic fans screaming at him as he goes to score.

Was an absolute sitter yesterday but I reckon in a few months he will be putting chances like that away.

Big step up standard in football and absolutely everything else from stadium/fans, media etc from Rainbow FC to Hibs but I think he will have been working on that and once he puts away a couple of chances that his moment, I'm hoping anyway! But can't see us signing some random guy from Rainbow FC so early in the window for no reason.

Think the club saw some great attributes and know they just need to work on a couple more to mould hin into the player he can be. Hopefully turn out to be a little gem we have found in him.

SlickShoes
04-09-2022, 12:54 PM

Yep no player playing below a top tier of football has every progressed upwards after whatever arbitrary age you have decided.

The beauty of sport and football is that even if you’ve fallen off the radar or started late, come from a country most people haven’t even heard of, is that you can still make it, you can improve and get better, every game is another chance.

If everyone operated like you suggest their would be no football played beyond the top league of every country.

matty_f
04-09-2022, 12:56 PM
Yep no player playing below a top tier of football has every progressed upwards after whatever arbitrary age you have decided.

The beauty of sport and football is that even if you’ve fallen off the radar or started late, come from a country most people haven’t even heard of, is that you can still make it, you can improve and get better, every game is another chance.

If everyone operated like you suggest their would be no football played beyond the top league of every country.

We signed Boyle from the second tier of Saudi football, he must be rank.

Unseen work
04-09-2022, 12:58 PM
Remember when Doidge joined? Couldn’t score at all but got himself in positions.

If Bojang had played the same amount of minutes as current or previous strikers how would his goalscoring rate look?

Youan
Melkersen
Jasper
Scott
Doidge ( last 12 months)

I know it’s not the greatest standard to compare him with, but I think he’d have a couple

More than happy for him to continue getting chances

jeffers
04-09-2022, 01:03 PM
I hope he comes good I really do, can’t be easy coming to Scotland from Gambia at his age. However he just doesn’t look “right’” to me, as if he’s come to football recently from another sport.

ZitellZeTime
04-09-2022, 01:17 PM

Lots of people also wanted Claros to **** off as he was terrible in more than just that cup game against Hearts when he got subbed off then after more time settling in a new country but then by the end of the season he was class in midfield for us. The fans wanted him to stay, club wanted him but that club he was on loan for were demanding a big fee or there was a disagreement in a verbal agreement or some ***** and fans were gutted when he left.

Sproule came raw af with pace but they saw something in him, but lots were wanting him to gtf the summer after we signed him as he hadn't done much then after the summer was when he became a regular and scored that hatrick etc.

Bojang is only 21 definitely looks raw and was a sitter but think he will prove to be a much beter signing than the Mali Magician or Hurtado.

He's only 21, massive change in level from where he was and will be working on certain things in training like his final product in front of goal, once it comes of for hin, which I think it will then I think we will have a good player on our hands. Nothing like Konto or Hurtado.

Guys barely been given any minutes yet, give him time to adjust and we might just see a player instead of laughing at us siging someone like him.

Henry had a terrible start to the first half of the season despite being an already established big name signing at Arsenal An Pires was the same and there was talk of them trying to get rid then he hit form De Gea started shaky af in his first season at Man Utd, Vardy failed to score basically any goals in his first season at Leicester and was goinng to leave, Modric did **** to begin with and Real and ended up Winning the Balon d'or/

Bojang obviously isn't on the level of these players but its a big adjustment coming from Rainbow FC, He's hardly had any gametime yet. Maybe wait until we've seen him play a bit more time before lumping him in with the likes of Konte and Hurtado. Maybe if given time like all the players above and hard training the young laddie will adjust and be a good signing for us. Imagine we had told Sproule to **** off cos he did pretty ***** when we signed him and showed not much when he came on, but the next season he was *****.

Or Leicester let Vardy go after that ***** start adjusting to a totally new level, same with Pires and De gea, Henry getting used to UK football and Modric at Real, bet theyre glad they gave them time to to adjust.

We signed him very early in the window so we had obvuously been scouting him for a bit and wanted him, they see something. Not like he was a last minute of the window panic buy.

He might not work out, I have a feeling he will but I'll give the laddie a chance to adapt to a new country, style of football, pressures with media etc and the fact he's only 21. So I'll give him a bit of time to see if the can work on his end product before I laugh at him and chuck him in the same pile as Konte and Hurtado.

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2022, 01:17 PM
Nobody is pretending it wasn't a bad miss, but as others have pointed out one on ones aren't the 'gimmie' folk seem to think. It was probably the nature of the attempt that made it look so bad ... not a dink over the keeper and the bar, not a firm shot against the post or just past it, but something akin to a pass back .. it looked hellish. But I can still recall the almost legendary Mick Channon putting the ball over the bar at that end with an open goal and only two yards out for Man City a few decades back ... any player is capable of passing up a golden chance to score.

So to judge the guy on a total of what, less than half an hours game time all season and less than 3 months at the club is mental. Youan missed a sitter at St Mirren, should we bin him .... and if failure to score is the benchmark then we haven't got a striker worth a damn, have we.

In short, give the guy a break.

B.H.F.C
04-09-2022, 01:21 PM
Nobody is pretending it wasn't a bad miss, but as others have pointed out one on ones aren't the 'gimmie' folk seem to think. It was probably the nature of the attempt that made it look so bad ... not a dink over the keeper and the bar, not a firm shot against the post or just past it, but something akin to a pass back .. it looked hellish. But I can still recall the almost legendary Mick Channon putting the ball over the bar at that end with an open goal and only two yards out for Man City a few decades back ... any player is capable of passing up a golden chance to score.

So to judge the guy on a total of what, less than half an hours game time all season and less than 3 months at the club is mental. Youan missed a sitter at St Mirren, should we bin him .... and if failure to score is the benchmark then we haven't got a striker worth a damn, have we.

In short, give the guy a break.

Second last sentence, we really don’t have a striker of much worth at the moment. We have plenty of them, but unless one or more of them start scoring with a bit of regularity we’re in for a long old season.

ZitellZeTime
04-09-2022, 01:24 PM
Remember when Doidge joined? Couldn’t score at all but got himself in positions.

If Bojang had played the same amount of minutes as current or previous strikers how would his goalscoring rate look?

Youan
Melkersen
Jasper
Scott
Doidge ( last 12 months)

I know it’s not the greatest standard to compare him with, but I think he’d have a couple

More than happy for him to continue getting chances

FFS id erased Scott from my memory until I read that. Thanks lol.

Slim Shady
04-09-2022, 03:36 PM

No.

It’s because he pish.

Tell me we don’t have better players than him playing In youths, who are sitting looking at the first team and thinking. - really, he’s playing in front of me.

Callum_62
04-09-2022, 03:53 PM
No.

It’s because he pish.

Tell me we don’t have better players than him playing In youths, who are sitting looking at the first team and thinking. - really, he’s playing in front of me.Again bascially a half of competative football all up and you can already label him 'pish'

Classy

McGruber
04-09-2022, 03:58 PM

Absolutely

More so.. what's the point? What's the purpose? We aren't reliant on Bojang as a striker - we have loads with some to come back in. What are peolpe looking for, a public apology.
Banging on about keeping a youngster out - out of what? 15 mins of injury time action over 4 games?

A speculative punt based on him having attributes we were looking to develop and mould into a good player for us. If he makes the grade great for him and us, if not we will part ways. If we were reliant on him, needing a striker or even in the transfer window could maybe understand the reaction.

I doubt we were expecting him to be the finished article so soon.

It was a horrible miss, the boy will be gutted about it. Instead of hanging our own player out to dry maybe we should be supportive. He has obviously been doing well enough in training to get small cameos - keep going kid and bury the next one.

Meantime we can tap up Newcastle about Ethan Laidlaw and sell him for £55 million.

bingo70
04-09-2022, 04:01 PM
Again bascially a half of competative football all up and you can already label him 'pish'

Classy

Just watched that Arsenal documentary on Amazon prime last week, Eddie Nketiah was making the point that he felt coming on for 10-20 minutes here and there was almost impossible for him as it takes time to get up to speed in the game. Bojang is getting a fraction of that and it’s bound to impact his performances.

I’m not saying he will definitely come good, he’s so raw there’s every chance he won’t, I just think it’s harsh to be writing him off or overly harsh.

Winston Ingram
04-09-2022, 04:38 PM
I hope he comes good I really do, can’t be easy coming to Scotland from Gambia at his age. However he just doesn’t look “right’” to me, as if he’s come to football recently from another sport.

He doesn’t look remotely like a footballer to me. An incredible bit of scouting

basehibby
04-09-2022, 09:10 PM

I’m sure big Dave and the like got plenty stick and called not good enough pretty early on.

Big Dave, Kuqui, Hurtado would have got stick for being slower than a week in jail. This at least cannot be levelled at Bojang. He has plenty of pace to burn. What remains to be seen is whether he has the application, determination and bottle to make the step up to what is evidently a far higher level than he's played at previously. Sproule has proved before how that's possible - Alan O'Brien after him proved how pace by itself is not enough.

He's here!
04-09-2022, 10:31 PM
Gutted for him. He had so much time, and I reckon he probably over thought it, unsure whether to smash it, chip it, or place it.

Reckon he might benefit from some time with the development, bang in some goals at a lower level to up the confidence before coming into the first.

Think he was gambling a little on the keeper going the other way and tried to stroke it into the net. Tommy McIntyre used to do that with penalties.

degenerated
05-09-2022, 10:42 AM
I laughed at Hurtado under McLeish, Konte under Mowbray and there’s loads and loads more.Nothing like getting behind your team, eh.

Iain G
05-09-2022, 10:45 AM
Absolutely

More so.. what's the point? What's the purpose? We aren't reliant on Bojang as a striker - we have loads with some to come back in. What are peolpe looking for, a public apology.
Banging on about keeping a youngster out - out of what? 15 mins of injury time action over 4 games?

A speculative punt based on him having attributes we were looking to develop and mould into a good player for us. If he makes the grade great for him and us, if not we will part ways. If we were reliant on him, needing a striker or even in the transfer window could maybe understand the reaction.

I doubt we were expecting him to be the finished article so soon.

It was a horrible miss, the boy will be gutted about it. Instead of hanging our own player out to dry maybe we should be supportive. He has obviously been doing well enough in training to get small cameos - keep going kid and bury the next one.

Meantime we can tap up Newcastle about Ethan Laidlaw and sell him for £55 million.

Maybe he has too much time to think about it on the run up? Gary O'Conner used to be the same, great when on instinct but likely to miss if he had the time to engage his brain and think about it :wink::greengrin

He is young and raw and lets see how he settles and develops before we write him off?

Groathillgrump
05-09-2022, 06:31 PM
Think he was gambling a little on the keeper going the other way and tried to stroke it into the net. Tommy McIntyre used to do that with penalties.

If he had managed to stroke it past the keeper I doubt the ball would've even reached the goal line given the fact his shot was so weak.

I really hope the guy comes good and proves many of us wrong but first impressions haven't been great.

hibsbollah
05-09-2022, 06:55 PM
If he had managed to stroke it past the keeper I doubt the ball would've even reached the goal line given the fact his shot was so weak.

I really hope the guy comes good and proves many of us wrong but first impressions haven't been great.

I think the ball failing to reach the goalline would have been a concern if he'd made good contact and Bojang just didnt have the power to get the ball that far, or something.
On the basis that it was actually just a miskick, the ball could have gone two inches or fifty feet over the bar, it wouldnt have been any worse or better.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-09-2022, 07:18 PM
Again bascially a half of competative football all up and you can already label him 'pish'

Classy

There is maybe a better way to say it, but it's still a fair point to make that players coming in should be better than those we already have. Bojang hasn't had enough time to show what he can do though.

Stevie Reid
05-09-2022, 07:51 PM
Is he left footed? Had presumed right because he had that confident strike from a tight angle after going round the keeper against Bonnyrigg, but he obviously chose his left on Saturday.

Strike obviously made it look like his weaker foot, but he could easily have taken it on his right.

Smartie
05-09-2022, 07:54 PM
Is he left footed? Had presumed right because he had that confident strike from a tight angle after going round the keeper against Bonnyrigg, but he obviously chose his left on Saturday.

Strike obviously made it look like his weaker foot, but he could easily have taken it on his right.

I thought he took it to his left as that way it naturally carried it away from the last defender. He might have invited an attempt at tackle if he’d worked it onto his right (and taken an even heavier slaughtering).

The strike on his right vs Bonnyrigg did look much cleaner and more natural.

Stubbsy90+2
05-09-2022, 07:58 PM
I thought he took it to his left as that way it naturally carried it away from the last defender. He might have invited an attempt at tackle if he’d worked it onto his right (and taken an even heavier slaughtering).

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Took it on his left to keep his body between himself and the defender.

He’s right footed.

Stevie Reid
05-09-2022, 08:02 PM

Yeah, fair point. Do think he could have tried to poke it past the keeper with his right whilst making the same run, but he was obviously confident enough to try it on his left.

Very poor finish in the end but I’m happy to see him get further opportunities off the bench.

JimBHibees
06-09-2022, 05:29 AM
Yeah, fair point. Do think he could have tried to poke it past the keeper with his right whilst making the same run, but he was obviously confident enough to try it on his left.

Very poor finish in the end but I’m happy to see him get further opportunities off the bench.

Agree his raw pace and movement has created a couple of excellent chances. Would like to see him get a bit longer on the pitch to see what he can do. Still a young player.

Since452
06-09-2022, 05:32 AM
This is a huge learning curve for Bojang. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

offshorehibby
06-09-2022, 11:31 AM
He'll be getting decent game time in the reserve game today. Hopefully he'll get a few of these under his belt

DinkyTwo
06-09-2022, 11:44 AM
He's managed to get himself into a one on one scoring opportunity almost every time he's been on the pitch.

If he's so terrible, then what does that make of the guy's he's replacing after they've had 80 odd minutes and couldn't manage to find themselves in the same position...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

DinkyTwo
06-09-2022, 11:53 AM

We’ve been discussing good, bad or indifferent players at our Club since 1875,As a new player looking in to threads like this, or being on the receiving end of similar comments across my social media accounts, I'd pretty quickly start to think the fans ****ing hated me.

We've already had one player say as much in the media.

Ironically, he's then went on to be our most consistent performer before being injured.

McGruber
06-09-2022, 12:08 PM
He's managed to get himself into a one on one scoring opportunity almost every time he's been on the pitch.

If he's so terrible, then what does that make of the guy's he's replacing after they've had 80 odd minutes and couldn't manage to find themselves in the same position...

Said the same before, he has good movement and gets in grear positions. He is quick and direct. Still massively raw and playing at a level far higher than before. He needs to be able to finish in this environment and pressure. There's definitely things to work with - hope he develops and comes good

ian cruise
06-09-2022, 12:20 PM
Did everything right until the shot at goal. If he keeps working away at his shooting and decision making we'll have a good player. Definitely happy with the approach of small cameos to give him experience while he adjusts to playing against a different level of opposition.

superfurryhibby
06-09-2022, 12:22 PM
As a new player looking in to threads like this, or being on the receiving end of similar comments across my social media accounts, I'd pretty quickly start to think the fans ****ing hated me.

We've already had one player say as much in the media.

Ironically, he's then went on to be our most consistent performer before being injured.

I would recommend that players detach themselves from social media, that's just the way of the world we live in.

TBF, most posts on here don't reflect hate, or anything close to it. He's pretty much seen as a work in progress and a reflection of the club's signing strategy. We're taking chances on talent we would never have seen at this stage in their careers. Only time will tell if this is sensible. Most reasonably inclined fans understand that.

Walter
06-09-2022, 12:43 PM
It bemuses me that anyone thought Mo was anything but a work in progress signing with some impressive raw attributes to be added to with craft and guile. That's not going to happen overnight.

Go on yersel mate

DinkyTwo
06-09-2022, 12:52 PM
I would recommend that players detach themselves from social media, that's just the way of the world we live in.

TBF, most posts on here don't reflect hate, or anything close to it. He's pretty much seen as a work in progress and a reflection of the club's signing strategy. We're taking chances on talent we would never have seen at this stage in their careers. Only time will tell if this is sensible. Most reasonably inclined fans understand that.Whilst I don't disagree, the post I was replying to said that the notion of Hibs fans hating a player or wanting them to fail is irrational. As true as that is, I could see why someone might think that if people are shouting about how brutal they are from the stands or writing it on the internet.

It's true that you need a tough skin and the ability to detach yourself from all that nonsense if you're someone who's in the limelight.

Equally, it'd be nice if people could chill out a bit and try to be kind.