PDA

View Full Version : A balanced view on things…maybe

C77
01-09-2022, 07:03 PM
I’m typing this as I read the McKirdy deal is now off after having the lad travel up to finalise things and have his medical. A shambles.

Unfortunately we’re stuck with Ron Gordon. I wish we could get fan ownership going and be like Motherwell or even them over the city. I’m sick of Ron Gordon. To be fair to him well done in all the partnerships and business side of things BUT the footballing side is an utter shambles.
It’s his fault and all his fault. If he doesn’t sort it, soon LJ will be gone and we will end up in a relegation scrap.

Ron’s Failings:

1. He has appointed his son as Head of Recruitment. I can’t see the man’s previous online anywhere. But there’s no chance he’s even closely qualified to be in that job role. We’re signing U21 Norwegian, French, Portuguese and Gambians with the hope of selling them on?
Bojang and Tavares couldn’t lace my boots.
Appreciate people will say let them bed in but I’ve saw enough to make up my mind.

2. Following 1, we’re playing a starting 11 in the Prem at the moment, the majority of whom got the previous 2 managers SACKED. If that isn’t a clue the recruitment isn’t good enough then nothing is. LJ obviously knows that (worryingly) our best 11 include these players.

3. Employing a 22 year old as Head of Footballing Operations. Christ almighty. No where near the level we need as proven by the League Cup saga. I don’t even understand how he is still employed.

4. Following 3. The Rocky situation I still won’t let them get out of jail even if Rocky has started the season well. It’s still a laughing stock. Not blaming DW here as he wasn’t at the club at this point.

5. Mckirdy if it doesn’t go through and we’ve let Doidge go to Killie.

The only positives I can take from Ron is he’s evolving the club in terms of fan experience. The big screens were a nice touch. The new hospitality is really good. The pie still is still average though even with the new caterers. And finally the partnerships to bring in more income is good as well.

I’d be happy for Ron to stay if he appointed a George Craig type head of footballing operations and moved his son on. We really need to get recruitment right or else everything off the park doesn’t matter. Look at Savage across the city for example. Their recruitment looks excellent. It shows the difference when you get the right person in. Even not so long ago when we were signing the likes of Mcginn, mcgeouch, fyvie, Henderson etc etc.

Rant over.

Steve20
01-09-2022, 07:06 PM
Fan experience is nothing if the product on the pitch is garbage. And that’s what it is, and will always be, as long as the clowns running it are in charge.

They haven’t the first idea on how to put together a football team.

Shambles.

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2022, 07:06 PM
I’m typing this as I read the McKirdy deal is now off after having the lad travel up to finalise things and have his medical. A shambles.

Unfortunately we’re stuck with Ron Gordon. I wish we could get fan ownership going and be like Motherwell or even them over the city. I’m sick of Ron Gordon. To be fair to him well done in all the partnerships and business side of things BUT the footballing side is an utter shambles.
It’s his fault and all his fault. If he doesn’t sort it, soon LJ will be gone and we will end up in a relegation scrap.

Ron’s Failings:

1. He has appointed his son as Head of Recruitment. I can’t see the man’s previous online anywhere. But there’s no chance he’s even closely qualified to be in that job role. We’re signing U21 Norwegian, French, Portuguese and Gambians with the hope of selling them on?
Appreciate people will say let them bed in but I’ve saw enough to make up my mind.

2. Following 1, we’re playing a starting 11 in the Prem at the moment, the majority of whom got the previous 2 managers SACKED. If that isn’t a clue the recruitment isn’t good enough then nothing is. LJ obviously knows that (worryingly) our best 11 include these players.

3. Employing a 22 year old as head of footballing operations. Christ almighty. No where near the level we need as proven by the league cup saga.

4. Following 3. The rocks situation. I still won’t let them get out of jail even if Rocky has started the season well. It’s still a laughing stock.

The only positives I can take from Ron is he’s evolving the club in terms of fan experience. The big screens were a nice touch. The new hospitality is really good. The pie still is still average though even with the new caterers. And finally the partnerships to bring in more income is good as well.

I’d be happy for Ron to stay if he appointed a George Craig type head of footballing operations and moved his son on. We really need to get recruitment right or else everything off the park doesn’t matter. Look at Savage across the city for example. Their recruitment looks excellent. It shows the difference when you get the right person in. Even not so long ago when we were signing the likes of Mcginn, mcgeouch, fyvie, Henderson etc etc.

Rant over.

:top marksHard to disagree wi any of this rant, but what I really want to know is---Who paid for the guys flight, and who got the air miles.

brianmc
01-09-2022, 07:10 PM

Ron’s Failings:

3. Employing a 22 year old as head of footballing operations. Christ almighty. No where near the level we need as proven by the league cup saga.

4. Following 3. The rocks situation. I still won’t let them get out of jail even if Rocky has started the season well. It’s still a laughing stock.

Rant over.

You should maybe read the threads on kickback about Savage and their recruitment- all the same words being thrown at our lot are there: amateur, embarrassing, raging, failure to strengthen the areas we all knew were needed etc etc etc

C77
01-09-2022, 07:10 PM
Fan experience is nothing if the product on the pitch is garbage. And that’s what it is, and will always be, as long as the clowns running it are in charge.

They haven’t the first idea on how to put together a football team.

Shambles.

Completely agree mate, it won’t be long before ER is half empty. Another window passes in 3 hours and we’ve still got a horrific midfield.

AL-Qaholik
01-09-2022, 07:11 PM
We aren’t fans of a football club any longer.
We’re customers of a sporting franchise.

C77
01-09-2022, 07:12 PM
You should maybe read the threads on kickback about Savage and their recruitment- all the same words being thrown at our lot are there: amateur, embarrassing, raging, failure to strengthen the areas we all knew were needed etc etc etc

I couldn’t bring myself to go over there tbh. IMO they have signed well the last 2 windows. Barrie McKay, Cochrane, Forrest, Shankland, Atkinson, Banigime.
All players who would walk into our team and were the type of signings we made in the Alan Stubbs era.

C77
01-09-2022, 07:14 PM
:top marksHard to disagree wi any of this rant, but what I really want to know is---Who paid for the guys flight, and who got the air miles.

Who’s flight 😂, Mckirdy? It was a city bus he got

Lancs Harp
01-09-2022, 07:16 PM
Bloody hell its hard to messsge on my fone .... gave up

Nicho87
01-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Commercial partners that’s all we are

LunasBoots
01-09-2022, 07:20 PM
Ron needs to employ someone with some clue on UK football and Scottish football, needs a DOF as this nonsense just can't continue

Shrekko
01-09-2022, 07:20 PM
Commercial partners that’s all we are

Drama Queens is what we are.

Smartie
01-09-2022, 07:23 PM

TBH I think that you've hit the nail on the head, and that's why I'm pissed off.

We want players who will form a team and play good football.

The owner of the club wants to sign players and flog them on at profit, using the team as a sort of allotment in which to grow them.

The team needs to be just about good enough to keep the punters turning up and giving him money to spend on seeds, or eggs or baby animals or whatever.

The only reason I can fathom that he considers our transfer windows a success is that he has a manifestly different idea of what success look likes to us.

Lendo
01-09-2022, 07:27 PM
A member of the forum since 2010 and yet all five of your posts have been tonight? Why tonight? How come you never ranted at the Butcher era and relegation?

Seems odd being a member of a forum for 12 years and saving your rant for today when we’ve been in far worst states than this in our recent history?

C77
01-09-2022, 07:31 PM
A member of the forum since 2010 and yet all five of your posts have been tonight? Why tonight? How come you never ranted at the Butcher era and relegation?

Seems odd being a member of a forum for 12 years and saving your rant for today when we’ve been in far worst states than this in our recent history?

Not sure but why does it bother you?
And the answer is because I feel like it’s Groundhog Day with hibs atm. Ross, maloney now LJ. The blame isn’t with the manager it’s with the Owner.

marinello59
01-09-2022, 07:32 PM

That’s how it increasingly feels to me.

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2022, 07:32 PM

Agree with all of the above comments that is just the way it is, when you are addicted to the Hibs.

C77
01-09-2022, 07:33 PM

Nae bother Ron!
On a serious note surely you can see this is a problem.

Lancs Harp
01-09-2022, 07:34 PM
TBH I think that you've hit the nail on the head, and that's why I'm pissed off.

We want players who will form a team and play good football.

The owner of the club wants to sign players and flog them on at profit, using the team as a sort of allotment in which to grow them.

The team needs to be just about good enough to keep the punters turning up and giving him money to spend on seeds, or eggs or baby animals or whatever.

The only reason I can fathom that he considers our transfer windows a success is that he has a manifestly different idea of what success look likes to us.

Ron still needs to tackle important fan experience issues. We need giant hotdogs and real American hamburgers. The screens are great but need to be showing movies not football. Get the SFA to shorten the game to 20 minutes a quarter and change the shape of the ball. Then move the club/franchise to Disneyland

Chorley Hibee
01-09-2022, 07:35 PM
That’s how it increasingly feels to me.

Include me in that group.

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2022, 07:43 PM
Ron still needs to tackle important fan experience issues. We need giant hotdogs and real American hamburgers. The screens are great but need to be showing movies not football. Get the SFA to shorten the game to 20 minutes a quarter and change the shape of the ball. Then move the club/franchise to Disneyland

Oh, an dont forget the hats wi the pint of beer on each side, that you can get filled up as the game goes on, brilliant.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2022, 07:44 PM
Include me in that group.

And me, I've felt like that for quite a while now.

SlickShoes
01-09-2022, 07:44 PM
Yes, very hate-filled "balanced" post.

Shrekko
01-09-2022, 07:46 PM
Nae bother Ron!
On a serious note surely you can see this is a problem.

Yeah I can see why folk are worried.

Just too early for me to be losing my head. If people feel disenfranchised (or whatever is the best word to use) then that is the way they feel. Personally I feel like a fan but in a changing world. This all might go tits up, but we're trying a different approach which is probably necessary to compete in an uneven playing field- we just don't have a big enough or steady enough fanbase to allow us to compete at the level we want to be at on that alone.

People IMO are constantly looking for reasons to be furious and dramatic.

edit: and btw, this new "Hi Ron/Lee/Ian" patter is utterly brutal.

GRA
01-09-2022, 07:48 PM
Think I'm taking a break from Hibs.net for a while. The hyperbolic hysteria is getting out of hand.

Smartie
01-09-2022, 07:49 PM

Just too early for me to be losing my head. If people feel disenfranchised (or whatever is the best word to use) then that is the way they feel. Personally I feel like a fan but in a changing world. This all might go tits up, but we're trying a different approach which is probably necessary to compete in an uneven playing field- we just don't have a big enough or steady enough fanbase to allow us to compete at the level we want to be at on that alone.

Yeah, that's just part of life these days.

Hibs could make it a bit harder for reasons to be furious and dramatic to be found though, so those being dramatic looked a bit ridiculous.

They should probably be concerned when those not necessarily predisposed to drama find themselves getting wound up.

RMQ1967
01-09-2022, 07:50 PM

Ron’s Failings:

3. Employing a 22 year old as Head of Footballing Operations. Christ almighty. No where near the level we need as proven by the League Cup saga. I don’t even understand how he is still employed.

4. Following 3. The Rocky situation I still won’t let them get out of jail even if Rocky has started the season well. It’s still a laughing stock. Not blaming DW here as he wasn’t at the club at this point.

Rant over.

Sorry - this is up there with the worst of the hysterical pish going around on here at the moment 🙄

Jones28
01-09-2022, 07:53 PM
Sorry - this is up there with the worst of the hysterical pish going around on here at the moment 🙄

Probably avoid it then eh? I think you’re going to find yourself quite isolated this evening.

I’m a self proclaimed happy clapper but I’m quite staggered at our lack of business.

C77
01-09-2022, 07:55 PM

Appreciate the feedback! Lol

A Hi-Bee
01-09-2022, 07:56 PM

Me, I am just looking for a "Reason to Believe"
:greengrin

C77
01-09-2022, 07:59 PM

I do like your outlook on it and I don’t disagree with trying something different.
I just feel like there’s a lot we are getting wrong on the park and I don’t place that full blame on our 3 managers in the 12 months. I’ll be delighted if I’m completely wrong and we finish top 4.

Shrekko
01-09-2022, 08:17 PM
Yeah, that's just part of life these days.

Hibs could make it a bit harder for reasons to be furious and dramatic to be found though, so those being dramatic looked a bit ridiculous.

They should probably be concerned when those not necessarily predisposed to drama find themselves getting wound up.

I can see your points- I really can, and I'm not at all happy either.

Just wonder sometimes how much better it would be if there was more positivity, and yes, blind loyalty towards the club. People are whining about this and that are often the ones who "disconnect" the quickest.

RIP
02-09-2022, 08:59 AM
I can see your points- I really can, and I'm not at all happy either.

Just wonder sometimes how much better it would be if there was more positivity, and yes, blind loyalty towards the club. People are whining about this and that are often the ones who "disconnect" the quickest.

This!!

Forums used to be a safe haven for dyed in the wool supporters to discuss the good and bad points of our team and club.

Not any more it seems. Some appear to have only joined Hibs.Net to crucify the Chairman, his son, the manager, individual players. If we don’t challenge their campaign of negativity, they will drag our club down and morale and attendances will slump.

At present, we have two threads about Hearts on the main board but the negative trolls are absolutely nowhere to be seen on there. They also rarely post during our matches or after a positive result.

I know that we all have justified concerns but we’ve suffered a horrendous injury list and it will take time for new signings to bed in. However if we allow a dozen or so relentlessly negative posters to win their propaganda campaign against our club, then neither Lee nor the players will receive the backing they are going to need this season.

Let’s go back to being Hibs12thMan again for a few weeks and get behind the lads 🇳🇬💚

GreenArmy1875
02-09-2022, 11:13 AM
It takes time to ship out old and bring in new. High turnover of players out can cause issues too. We have been there before. We will eventually fade out Newell etc as the new guys settle. We want instant success I totally get that but look at the top clubs in the world is you need a sense of stability first before you can build for success.

We have to give LJ time to shape a squad and judge him in say 3 years.

Stubbsy90+2
02-09-2022, 12:32 PM
This!!

Forums used to be a safe haven for dyed in the wool supporters to discuss the good and bad points of our team and club.

Not any more it seems. Some appear to have only joined Hibs.Net to crucify the Chairman, his son, the manager, individual players. If we don’t challenge their campaign of negativity, they will drag our club down and morale and attendances will slump.

At present, we have two threads about Hearts on the main board but the negative trolls are absolutely nowhere to be seen on there. They also rarely post during our matches or after a positive result.

I know that we all have justified concerns but we’ve suffered a horrendous injury list and it will take time for new signings to bed in. However if we allow a dozen or so relentlessly negative posters to win their propaganda campaign against our club, then neither Lee nor the players will receive the backing they are going to need this season.

Let’s go back to being Hibs12thMan again for a few weeks and get behind the lads 🇳🇬💚

Yes, that’s what it is.

A dozen or so posters on a forum are going to sabotage the whole season for Hibs. It’ll be nothing to do with the lack of quality in midfield, it will be down to posts on a forum.

If Hibs can’t succeed because of a dozen posters on an Internet forum then we’re as well shutting the doors.

RIP
02-09-2022, 01:38 PM
Yes, that’s what it is. A dozen or so posters on a forum are going to sabotage the whole season for Hibs. It’ll be nothing to do with the lack of quality in midfield, it will be down to posts on a forum. If Hibs can’t succeed because of a dozen posters on an Internet forum then we’re as well shutting the doors.

Sorry pal, I should have welcomed you to this board when you joined six months ago. Were you a new fan in 2022 or just a new member of the forum?

At a world-beating average of twenty posts a day :blah:, you've certainly made up for lost time.

Have you made it your life's mission to take over every thread as our official 'Prophet of Doom', repeating the same points over and over again?. :tub4:

Stubbsy90+2
02-09-2022, 05:23 PM
Sorry pal, I should have welcomed you to this board when you joined six months ago. Were you a new fan in 2022 or just a new member of the forum?

At a world-beating average of twenty posts a day :blah:, you've certainly made up for lost time.

Have you made it your life's mission to take over every thread as our official 'Prophet of Doom', repeating the same points over and over again?. :tub4:

Sorry, I must have missed the part upon sign up where people are to check in with you to see how many posts they’re allowed to make before they incredibly derail the teams season by posting on the internet.

I knew football had changed but I didn’t realise it was now played out based on the mood on message boards.

Ged
02-09-2022, 05:30 PM

:top marks

Dmas
02-09-2022, 05:43 PM

You could just use the ignore function instead of being the wideo the poster is entitled to post his opinion, it’s the nature of the message board the ignore function is there so you can mute anyone who’s posting you find annoying.

HoboHarry
02-09-2022, 05:49 PM
You could just use the ignore function instead of being the wideo the poster is entitled to post his opinion, it’s the nature of the message board the ignore function is there so you can mute anyone who’s posting you find annoying.
And miss all of the absolute s***e that the usual suspects post? Not in a million........ :greengrin

bringbackbenny
02-09-2022, 05:52 PM

Yup but the trouble is, when using the mobile site, it makes a lot of threads hard to follow. Especially if you are liberal with adding users to your ignore list ;)

hibsbollah
02-09-2022, 05:55 PM
Yup but the trouble is, when using the mobile site, it makes a lot of threads hard to follow. Especially if you are liberal with adding users to your ignore list ;)

I don’t ignore anyone anymore for that very reason. Even the real *******slimy ***** ones on here :greengrin

HendoDelivered
02-09-2022, 05:57 PM

:agree:

Ronniekirk
02-09-2022, 06:00 PM
This!!

I will be going to my first game at Easter Rd in over two seasons
Will be getting right behind the team with my son
But anyone who has read my posts will know I do have some concerns
But first and foremost I am a Hibby and thst means supporting the team through thick and thin
But if I have concerns will still post them . Hopefully in a measured way .But occasionally raw emotion clouds my judgment , especially after a defeat or poor performance

Gordy M
02-09-2022, 06:04 PM

A few folk have agreed with this? In what way can i ask? We complained enough about match day expperience, finance off the park etc. which seems to be getting better? Yep it hasnt been a great start but in what way are we not a football club anymore?

SideBurns
02-09-2022, 06:09 PM
A few folk have agreed with this? In what way can i ask? We complained enough about match day expperience, finance off the park etc. which seems to be getting better? Yep it hasnt been a great start but in what way are we not a football club anymore?

For all the chat about getting stuff right off the park - and I'm not disagreeing with that, I don't pay enough attention to have an informed opinion - one thing I miss is the match programme. It might seem like a daft wee thing but I always enjoyed buying it, and for a few seasons thought it was really good (especially when the style was 'retro', based on the programmes of the 60s & 70s). I guess it just wasn't selling well enough?

Nakedmanoncrack
02-09-2022, 09:47 PM
This!!

I assume you don't actually go to the games?