PDA

View Full Version : Concerns…

Exuberance1875
31-08-2022, 05:08 PM
I don’t post on this often but I am keen to see others thoughts on my concerns below. I am an optimist, but over the last few days have had these on my mind and wondered if anyone agreed/disagreed with them:

1. We don’t need a new striker, we are in serious danger of over inflating the squad with numerous players who play the same position, which will lead us to shoehorn players in positions they aren’t comfortable with and that’s just never a good thing (this is already happening with Melkersen and it’s not helping his confidence or development)

2. Bojang, why sign him if he’s never going to be given a chance?

3. Doidge, why play him right up until the moment he leaves when it’ll have been evident to him for ages we want him away?

4. Midfielders are basically the only position we need to improve as we literally cannot create enough chances. We could have Benzema up top and it wouldn’t make a difference as we aren’t creating enough chances for strikers to score. Again, this leads back to improvements to the midfield may make it worthwhile and cost effective in playing Bojang/Melkersen/Youan(fair play, he looks good on the left)

5. This boy McKirdy, what difference will he make if we don’t create chances anyway, plus if he has an attitude issue, is this what we want at the moment as it’s likely going to be a tough season.

6. Portoeus just has to go. Clearly doesn’t have a better offer on the table as he’d have gone already, why’s he not signing the contract? He’s continually moaning at other players which I feel is hindering his own performance and no doubt the confidence of his teammates.

7. McLelland, surely he’s due a chance then, we also continually have McGregor on the bench, surely he’s fit to play if need be?

8. The youth team, Tait, O’Connor etc. when will they get a chance if we keep signing other players over them. What does that say to our young players or our development system as a whole

Libby Hibby
31-08-2022, 05:11 PM
Wow, you have a lot to say, perhaps you should post more.

Exuberance1875
31-08-2022, 05:13 PM

😂 had to let it out, eventually!

Trinity Hibee
31-08-2022, 05:15 PM
I don’t post on this often but I am keen to see others thoughts on my concerns below. I am an optimist, but over the last few days have had these on my mind and wondered if anyone agreed/disagreed with them:

1. We don’t need a new striker, we are in serious danger of over inflating the squad with numerous players who play the same position, which will lead us to shoehorn players in positions they aren’t comfortable with and that’s just never a good thing (this is already happening with Melkersen and it’s not helping his confidence or development)

3. Doidge, why play him right up until the moment he leaves when it’ll have been evident to him for ages we want him away?

4. Midfielders are basically the only position we need to improve as we literally cannot create enough chances. We could have Benzema up top and it wouldn’t make a difference as we aren’t creating enough chances for strikers to score. Again, this leads back to improvements to the midfield may make it worthwhile and cost effective in playing Bojang/Melkersen/Youan(fair play, he looks good on the left)

5. This boy McKirdy, what difference will he make if we don’t create chances anyway, plus if he has an attitude issue, is this what we want at the moment as it’s likely going to be a tough season.

6. Portoeus just has to go. Clearly doesn’t have a better offer on the table as he’d have gone already, why’s he not signing the contract? He’s continually moaning at other players which I feel is hindering his own performance and no doubt the confidence of his teammates.

7. McLelland, surely he’s due a chance then, we also continually have McGregor on the bench, surely he’s fit to play if need be?

8. The youth team, Tait, O’Connor etc. when will they get a chance if we keep signing other players over them. What does that say to our young players or our development system as a whole

Find myself agreeing with most of that. Too many wide forwards who don’t provide enough assists or goals.

Bridge hibs
31-08-2022, 05:17 PM
Not sure where to actually start with that 🤣

Exuberance1875
31-08-2022, 05:19 PM
Not sure where to actually start with that 🤣

What do you disagree with? Genuinely keen to hear what other folk think

HIBS NUTS
31-08-2022, 05:20 PM

1.we have strikers, none of them score goals apart from boyle, we need a centreforward
2.He’s probably not very good.
4. The midfield is boring and poor.
5. Hopefully mckurdy would score goals
6. porto and hanlon have both been rubbish.
7.Mclelland is not good enough yet.
8 Josh Occonnor is no we’re near playing for hibs first team, he’s good, but not ready for fist team.
Dylan Tait is a cracking player, i’ve no idea why he wasent givin at chance.

Bridge hibs
31-08-2022, 05:27 PM
What do you disagree with? Genuinely keen to hear what other folk thinkWell for starters Bojan needs to work on things as clearly not ready, Doidge is normally our main Striker so it was obvious he was going to play in the hope he can regain some of his previous form. McKirdy is exactly what we need, he gets into scoring positions and scores goals, he is described as a pest, so what, if he has a radge streak then so what, currently we have too many powder puff players and the team lacks a bit of passion and radgeness.

We need a bit more experience through the middle, someone with goals in them and we need (in my opinion) a no nonsense centre half, the opposite of Porteous, a Rob Jones or Sol Bamba style centre half please

Stubbsy90+2
31-08-2022, 05:33 PM

Agree with a lot of that.

McKirdy if he comes in will have the exact same struggles as all our other attacking players have had for over a season now in that the players behind them lack any form of creativity.

We desperately need creativity in midfield, and they need to be of real quality.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2022, 05:35 PM
McKirdy looks like exactly what we need up top from what I have seen (which is admittedly about 25 minutes worth of footage).

Firstly he's scoring regularly which none of our current options up top are (I'm assuming Boyle will be used wide if McKirdy comes in).

Secondly he had bags of energy which sadly hasn't been Doidge for a long while. It might be Melkerson but at this stage there is little evidence there is much of an end product beyond that.

Thirdly he seems to have a habit of taking the ball in, laying it back then spinning behind. He also seems capable of holding it up and using his strength to let others get up in support.

We need a midfielder capable of bringing him into the game but even without that I'd be happy to see him come in. We need a bit of arrogance and swagger in this team. He looks like he has a touch of the Cummings about him and that's no bad thing.

Exuberance1875
31-08-2022, 05:39 PM
Well for starters Bojan needs to work on things as clearly not ready, Doidge is normally our main Striker so it was obvious he was going to play in the hope he can regain some of his previous form. McKirdy is exactly what we need, he gets into scoring positions and scores goals, he is described as a pest, so what, if he has a radge streak then so what, currently we have too many powder puff players and the team lacks a bit of passion and radgeness.

We need a bit more experience through the middle, someone with goals in them and we need (in my opinion) a no nonsense centre half, the opposite of Porteous, a Rob Jones or Sol Bamba style centre half please

I agree with you on the old fashioned centre back, feel they would help organise the defence along with Marshall.

My question with McKirdy would be, could he suffer from the same issues as we don’t create the chances for him to score. It’s hard to argue if Melkersen and Co don’t get into those positions now, they just don’t get the supply. That’s not to let them off the hook as perhaps they could be doing better to

Exuberance1875
31-08-2022, 05:43 PM
McKirdy looks like exactly what we need up top from what I have seen (which is admittedly about 25 minutes worth of footage).

Firstly he's scoring regularly which none of our current options up top are (I'm assuming Boyle will be used wide if McKirdy comes in).

Secondly he had bags of energy which sadly hasn't been Doidge for a long while. It might be Melkerson but at this stage there is little evidence there is much of an end product beyond that.

Thirdly he seems to have a habit of taking the ball in, laying it back then spinning behind. He also seems capable of holding it up and using his strength to let others get up in support.

We need a midfielder capable of bringing him into the game but even without that I'd be happy to see him come in. We need a bit of arrogance and swagger in this team. He looks like he has a touch of the Cummings about him and that's no bad thing.

That’s absolutely fair enough and I get what you mean regarding having that air of confidence about him. However, without that creative midfielder who can provide him the chances to do what he’s good at, what will change. I don’t think any of the current midfielders aside from Henderson have the ability to split a defence, mainly as he looks to be a natural 10.

The Modfather
31-08-2022, 05:50 PM
1.we have strikers, none of them score goals apart from boyle, we need a centreforward
2.He’s probably not very good.
4. The midfield is boring and poor.
5. Hopefully mckurdy would score goals
6. porto and hanlon have both been rubbish.
7.Mclelland is not good enough yet.
8 Josh Occonnor is no we’re near playing for hibs first team, he’s good, but not ready for fist team.
Dylan Tait is a cracking player, i’ve no idea why he wasent givin at chance.

On number 8, what’s the point in signing guys like Bojang, Tavares and to possibly lesser extents Mclelland, Melkerson & Miller when we have our own highly rated U18 squad. Could we not have saved money on fees and wages and padded the squad out with players from our own youth team that aren’t ready than sign new ones. The development team is the correct way to go, but at what point do we get braver and actually start to blood and give opportunities to those players?

The development team was brought in to bridge the gap between the U18s and the first team, a good idea. However I’ve yet to see any change in our attitude to actually blooding these players. We still opt to play players out of position than give a youngster a chance when there’s an opportunity to do so through injuries and suspensions.

Mikey_1875
31-08-2022, 05:53 PM
I would disagree on the striker/McKirdy view. Although our midfield have well documented issues not everything has to go through them.

One thing we do seem to be half decent at is getting the ball out wide where Youan, Boyle, Cadden and Cabraja all look capable in spells of creating chances. Whether thats Youan and Boyle bursting past a full back and getting a ball across goal or Cadden and more so Cabraja putting in a nice ball from deeper. A striker worth his salt would definitely be able to take advantage of that imo.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2022, 06:00 PM

32 90+2 :)

JimBHibees
31-08-2022, 06:12 PM

Yep there has been a real dearth of prophet of doom posts :greengrin

expresso
31-08-2022, 06:16 PM
Stopped reading at we don’t need a new striker…

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2022, 06:16 PM
(Tongue in cheek) Why put the dev players through the blood-letting and social media character assassinations of first team exposure ATM, when they can prove themselves in Europe and against peers down in England and leave before making a first team appearance for a fee :)

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2022, 06:19 PM
Well-crafted !10/10 for scatter-gunning whilst covering all possibile responses. 15-pager.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Tavares is just waiting til folks can pronounce his name correctly before rewarding us with scintillating performances - from the bench :)

ancient hibee
31-08-2022, 06:47 PM
We don’t have a midfield that can control a game. We won’t improve until we get one.

Ronniekirk
31-08-2022, 07:49 PM
Tavares is just waiting til folks can pronounce his name correctly before rewarding us with scintillating performances - from the bench :)

To be fair L J said when we signed him we would need to be patient
I think he will now feature regularly for the development team and get the odd appearance off the bench if doing well
Was flung in as McGeady injured and Boyle hadn’t been signed

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2022, 08:05 PM
To be fair L J said when we signed him we would need to be patient
I think he will now feature regularly for the development team and get the odd appearance off the bench if doing well
Was flung in as McGeady injured and Boyle hadn’t been signed

twas in jest but you are spot on there. We’ve been stung a few times like that and players thrust in.

jacomo
31-08-2022, 08:17 PM
What do you disagree with? Genuinely keen to hear what other folk think

We do need another goal scorer. Especially now big Doidge has gone. You’re right about midfield. And Porteous is a management issue. Irrespective of the new contract, if he’s here then the coaching team need to get inside his head and get him back to playing as we know he can.

Oh, and we need to trust the kids more. No point having a strong development team if there’s no pathway to the 1st team.

jacomo
31-08-2022, 08:18 PM
We don’t have a midfield that can control a game. We won’t improve until we get one.

So true.

Lago
31-08-2022, 09:25 PM

Most of your concerns have been well and truly done to death previously.

King conrad
31-08-2022, 09:29 PM
Midfield miles off it.

We don't need wide men/strikers.

All these signings for the development squad is laughable, as some people have already mentioned it's gone too far.

250k for a 16 year old is a joke we're not Real Madrid we are paying for potential and the lad might not even play proffesional football.

All the money we have paid on development players could have been spent on wages for new players for the 1st team.

Dylan Tait is by far the best of the development squad but gets nowhere near 1st team so what does that say about the rest?

Waxy
31-08-2022, 09:47 PM

A new striker is exactly what we need.

Callum_62
31-08-2022, 09:54 PM
Midfield miles off it.

We don't need wide men/strikers.

All these signings for the development squad is laughable, as some people have already mentioned it's gone too far.

250k for a 16 year old is a joke we're not Real Madrid we are paying for potential and the lad might not even play proffesional football.

All the money we have paid on development players could have been spent on wages for new players for the 1st team.

Dylan Tait is by far the best of the development squad but gets nowhere near 1st team so what does that say about the rest?It was 250k like Petrie wouldn't sign Griffiths for 150k

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

WellingtonHibby
31-08-2022, 09:58 PM
What we need is a Dylan McGeouch like player in the middle to progress play.

Tambo
31-08-2022, 10:11 PM
Saturday is the day we finally go for goals and glory.

ozhibs
01-09-2022, 12:47 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing has he got a club yet ?

GGTTH

Callum_62
01-09-2022, 03:07 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing has he got a club yet ?

GGTTHNope

I wouldn't take him at Hibs either

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

GRA
01-09-2022, 10:55 AM

We've enough players crocked already, don't need someone taking up more time in the treatment room!

He's a quality player but his body is far too fragile. Hence why he's a free agent.

Where we'd find a like for like though? Anyone's guess

Hector Mudflap
01-09-2022, 12:33 PM
Well seeing as everyone else has - here's my take

Mckirdy looks like some of what we do need. For all those people saying we dont make chances I disagree- we did but had a lumbering dead man walking in Doidge who was never going to score. Even in his prime he wasn't that great in my eyes though I know some people felt differently. I felt we played with ten men a lot of the time.
Mckirdy looks like he's an arrogant pest which is desperately needed up front. Given the same service he will score more goals.
He's like a Boyce or a Hatley or Lafferrty- all hated by fans of every other team.
Then get Melkerson behind him - lad is all over the place but is being played well out of position and we're only harming him.

As for the midfield requirement - thats the same - Newel and JDH make my blood boil with the pedestrian pace of them. Oh to have a Mcginn again.
Tait is a player -no doubt - he should be playing
Delfierre- same
O'Connor same

Rueben Mccallister is for the future and rather than moan we should be happy we had the luck of the assistants dad here.
I really want to see him play- Bristol sure didn't want to lose him.

Bojang... cant see it
Traves same
The Irish guy- not a fan and has not shown anything in a Hibs top to make me think otherwise- has to beat at least two players before he seemingly is allowed to pass.

Porto- we need him
Hanlon- needs dropped he's finished
Mcgreggor needs to be a coach and help bring through the youth- him on the bench is a waste of a seat.
Stevenson is still worth a seat though
Rocky- needed- amazing considering how some people felt.

We have some really exciting youth that are left in the development for no reason - what happened to good enough - old enough?
Anyone who was at the Norwich game will tell you it was like a breath of fresh air when the teams changed after half time .
That was high press and full on - have yet to see it since.
(without Doidge we would have scored more)

It cant get any worse than put them in and see what they can do
This management has been a real let down-same team, same subs, same results.

We haven't had an exciting team since Stubbs.
Thats my opinion.
We are all allowed one - mine just happens to be correct.

LNHibs
01-09-2022, 01:38 PM
Stopped reading at we don’t need a new striker…

I think the point he was making as i read it is that we have already signed two strikers not including Boyler to go alongside Nisbet and Melkerson. I feel if we sign McKirdy albeit he had a brilliant season last year for the years before he scored 19 in 81 which isn't exactly prolific and over the course of his and Doidges careers Doidge has a better goals per game ratio. It is a bit of a risk having five centre forwards taking a wage where only a couple will play each week. I think if we are going to spend money do it in the middle of the park as we are enormously mediocre in there and haven't really added to it other than Kenneh.

It's like we are signing quantity over quality which never ends well but i'd be absolutely delighted if everything i've said is proved wrong:greengrin

allyh1bs
01-09-2022, 08:29 PM
McKirdy deal now reportedly off as clubs could not agree on fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stubbsy90+2
01-09-2022, 08:30 PM

FFS when did that happen

HH81
01-09-2022, 08:31 PM

If it's from twitter don't believe it.

allyh1bs
01-09-2022, 10:28 PM
Reported from 3 other sources too [emoji2369]

I'm Spartacus
01-09-2022, 10:48 PM
What an absolute

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Shambles_shopper_8686.jpg

allyh1bs
02-09-2022, 06:57 AM
Happy to get up this morning and find he’s joined us after all!

HibbyDave
02-09-2022, 07:01 AM
Tom Rogic if affordable?
Think currently a free agent

Exuberance1875
02-01-2023, 04:21 PM

Posted this on August 31st and took a bit of a pasting for it, as I did when I discussed this with my mates.

Unsure if anyone can argue with the above anymore?

cameronw-hfc
02-01-2023, 04:24 PM
Posted this on August 31st and took a bit of a pasting for it, as I did when I discussed this with my mates.

The mckirdy situation baffles me the most. Brought in as a big signing, looked sharp in a few sub games yet has only started at Celtic and Hearts. Surely if he's to hit any sort of form hed need a run of games but we don't seem willing to do that. Need a couple CMs and a new CB minimum

tonyrougier123
02-01-2023, 04:25 PM
The mckirdy situation baffles me the most. Brought in as a big signing, looked sharp in a few sub games yet has only started at Celtic and Hearts. Surely if he's to hit any sort of form hed need a run of games but we don't seem willing to do that. Need a couple CMs and a new CB minimum

Needs a run of games,Johnson trying to pitch him in the deep end and asking him to sink or swim. Needs to start next game also and game after that.

easty
02-01-2023, 04:27 PM

Bojang would struggle to get a game for Edinburgh City.

Mclelland, I dunno if he’s playing regularly at Cove, but they’ve been pretty ***** defensively this season. Pumped today 6-1 by Inverness.

Lancs Harp
02-01-2023, 04:31 PM

Not sure I agree McKirdy was brought in as a big signing. Got him from Swindon Town didnt we? Was always going to be a risk. Its just not really worked out for him.

The club has issues in every department. Its the people at the top calling the shots that need to be looking in the mirror the most. The decision makers just arent.

WestStandWillie
02-01-2023, 04:56 PM
The day we boast about getting a Swindon striker as our “big signing” is the day we pack up the club and pop it in the bin.