PDA

View Full Version : Team v Killie

McGruber
30-08-2022, 08:07 AM
Hopefully this Saturday we change it up a bit. We have a big squad and poor performances need consequences otherwise it is a myth there is pressure for places.

I'd bring Miller in and Kenneh back in.

Doidge is exactly the type we need central if he could get back to form however has repeatedly failed so we need Melkerson back in central. He has also looked lost in there a few times but is more likely to come good than Doidge. If he doesn't trust Melkerson give Bojang a run. Might not come off but at some point needs a chance other than 5 min cameos.

Porteous, Hanlon keep places through necessity and stick with Cabraja (poor last week but some credit in the bank)

Boyle and Cadden need to play, Youan would keep place too though is under pressure from being out of sorts last week and if he is benched couldn't argue.

Toss up for a last spot between Campbell for industry, Newell to balance Cadden on the right and JDH to sit deep with a lot of attackers on.

Whatever we do it needs to be freshened up

Marshall
Miller
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja
Cadden
Kenneh
Newell or Campbell
Youan
Boyle
Melkerson

supermcginn
30-08-2022, 08:23 AM
Marshall

Miller
Porteous
McLelland
Cabraja

Kenneh
Stevenson
Cadden

Boyle
Melkerson
Youan

Iain G
30-08-2022, 08:38 AM
Marshall

Miller
Porteous
McLelland
Cabraja

Kenneh
Stevenson
Cadden

Boyle
Melkerson
Youan

Marshall

Porto McLelland Hanlon

Cadden Kenneh Stevenson Cabraja

Henderson

Boyle Youan

Gives us a solid foundation to build from, hard work in the midfield, Cadden getting forward, Henderson given a free role ot create and Boyle and Youan with pace to stretch them.

Could drop Campbell into the midfield ahead of Lewis or could drop Lewis into the back 3 instead of McLelland.

Mainstandman
30-08-2022, 08:52 AM
Hopefully this Saturday we change it up a bit. We have a big squad and poor performances need consequences otherwise it is a myth there is pressure for places.

I'd bring Miller in and Kenneh back in.

Doidge is exactly the type we need central if he could get back to form however has repeatedly failed so we need Melkerson back in central. He has also looked lost in there a few times but is more likely to come good than Doidge. If he doesn't trust Melkerson give Bojang a run. Might not come off but at some point needs a chance other than 5 min cameos.

Porteous, Hanlon keep places through necessity and stick with Cabraja (poor last week but some credit in the bank)

Boyle and Cadden need to play, Youan would keep place too though is under pressure from being out of sorts last week and if he is benched couldn't argue.

Toss up for a last spot between Campbell for industry, Newell to balance Cadden on the right and JDH to sit deep with a lot of attackers on.

Whatever we do it needs to be freshened up

Marshall
Miller
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja
Cadden
Kenneh
Newell or Campbell
Youan
Boyle
Melkerson

i'd like to see the risk taking that Johnson talked about with players who are up for it. i wouldn't go with JDH sitting as that's kenneh i'd say. I'd start with Bojang, all the others have had a good go this season and not produced, we'll see what he is like, in his short cameos he has been in the box and had attempts (albeit misssed) this late sub thing doesn't give him enough time as more of that and i'll start to think his full name is Bojang 87. We absolutely cannot start with the 3 amigoes in midfield as they have shown time and time again they can't breakdown teams, better against top sides that have an open game. I don't know what the story with Tait as he looked really good against Norwich, looked up and wanted to find a player.

There's talk of transition but you can't do that with the same players doing the same things.

SlickShoes
30-08-2022, 08:58 AM
It's going to include Porteous, Hanlon, Newell, JDH, Campbell and Doidge. At the end of the game LJ will say something about how disappointed he was that we didn't perform like he asked. Bojang will come on for 3 minutes at the end.

Hibee Daft
30-08-2022, 09:10 AM
Id go with 4-2-3-1

-----------Marshall-----------
Cadden--Porteous--Hanlon--Cabraja
-------Kenneh-----Campbell----
Boyle-------Henderson----Youan
------------Melkerson---------

B.H.F.C
30-08-2022, 09:11 AM
As OP says, he surely has to shake things up a bit.

I’d bring Kenneh in and I’d play Melkersen through the middle. I’d bring Henderson back in as well (been disappointing in the league but we need someone forward thinking in there).

I’d think about change of system and getting two up top, we just can’t play with that one through the middle. It never works.

Since452
30-08-2022, 09:18 AM
Kenneh has got to be back in for me.

Basildon Hibs
30-08-2022, 09:27 AM
Marshall

Miller
Porteous
McLelland
Cabraja

Kenneh
Stevenson
Cadden

Boyle
Melkerson
Youan

This.

hibernian1982
30-08-2022, 09:31 AM
4-1-3-2

Marshall

Miller
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kennah

Cadden
Henderson
Newell

Boyle
Youan

For me, we could move Cadden in to midfield to provide industry and creativity. Newell in there too and Henderson gets more of a free role. That right hand side is especially strong with Miller > Cadden > Boyle

sauzeelegod
30-08-2022, 09:44 AM
Marshall

Porto McLelland Hanlon

Cadden Kenneh Stevenson Cabraja

Henderson

Boyle Youan

Gives us a solid foundation to build from, hard work in the midfield, Cadden getting forward, Henderson given a free role ot create and Boyle and Youan with pace to stretch them.

Could drop Campbell into the midfield ahead of Lewis or could drop Lewis into the back 3 instead of McLelland.

Yeah I’d like us to go 3412/352 again.
I always want Hibs to play with 2 strikers.

sauzeelegod
30-08-2022, 09:50 AM

Marshall

Porto
Hanlon
Lewis

Cadden
Campbell
Kenneh
Cabraja

Boyle

Melkersen
Youan

Not the ideal back 3.
I’d have Hanlon nowhere near the team just now but needs must.
Try Boyle in the hole behind the strikers.

J-C
30-08-2022, 09:53 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Henderson
Kenneh
Campbell

Boyle
Melkersen
Youan

Midfield was a nightmare to pick, still not happy but the 3 last week were pants, can't be any worse with this 3.

Northernhibee
30-08-2022, 09:54 AM
Marshall

Cadden
McLelland
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Stevenson
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
Youan

Key West
30-08-2022, 10:07 AM
Id go with 4-2-3-1

That team looks worth a try.

Saint Hibee
30-08-2022, 10:12 AM
I'd just like to Melkersen given a full game in his proper position. I think he's got goals in him.

BlackSheep
30-08-2022, 10:23 AM
-------Kenneh-----Stevenson----

Just one change to the above suggested... Lewy in there along side Kenneh... think he could bring out he best in the lad, and its a good mix of youth and experience.

Lewy could just be the Midfielder we need right now... played very well there a few times last year.

think its extremely important that they keep there shape though.

Unseen work
30-08-2022, 10:28 AM
I'd just like to Melkersen given a full game in his proper position. I think he's got goals in him.

Same for me, given a run I think he’s score goals and link the play a lot better than Doidge.

Hibee Daft
30-08-2022, 10:38 AM

Just one change to the above suggested... Lewy in there along side Kenneh... think he could bring out he best in the lad, and its a good mix of youth and experience.

Lewy could just be the Midfielder we need right now... played very well there a few times last year.

Yeah i like this team, theres defintely goals in there.

Henderson as the number 10, i think he will shine their if given time.

Smartie
30-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Marshall

McGregor
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
JDH
Stevenson
Cabraja

Henderson

Boyle
Youan

Far from perfect but avoids most of the cardinal sins we keep committing.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2022, 10:45 AM
.........................Marshall................. .........

.....McGregor.......Porteous......Hanlon.......

Cadden............................................ Cabraja

..........................Kenneh.................. ...........

..........Campbell............Henderson........

............Boyle...................Youan......... .

Get 2 up top, get a bit physical presence back in midfield and let Campbell do his usual energetic routine. Cadden is more effective with a remit to get forward as well. It's not ideal by any means but the other option is the same set up as that which let us down on Saturday with a tombola for who can't make it work this week. I'd rather lose trying something different (and that change could result in a much needed but lesser seen win) than lose seeing more of the same.

scoopyboy
30-08-2022, 10:50 AM
Id go with 4-2-3-1

I think that is as good as it's going to get

scoopyboy
30-08-2022, 10:52 AM
.........................Marshall................. .........

.....McGregor.......Porteous......Hanlon.......

Cadden............................................ Cabraja

..........................Kenneh.................. ...........

..........Campbell............Henderson........

............Boyle...................Youan......... .

Get 2 up top, get a bit physical presence back in midfield and let Campbell do his usual energetic routine. Cadden is more effective with a remit to get forward as well. It's not ideal by any means but the other option is the same set up as that which let us down on Saturday with a tombola for who can't make it work this week. I'd rather lose trying something different (and that change could result in a much needed but lesser seen win) than lose seeing more of the same.

If you're playing a back three is it necessary to have a defensive midfielder in there?

I've heard arguments for and against

phoenixfire
30-08-2022, 10:54 AM
Same for me, given a run I think he’s score goals and link the play a lot better than Doidge.

Agree with this too, Think merlkersen played in centre would suit him , He showed against Motherwell in cup he can be clinical too!

BlackSheep
30-08-2022, 11:50 AM
If you're playing a back three is it necessary to have a defensive midfielder in there?

I've heard arguments for and against

I think until we can sort out our poor central positioning then the more DMs in there the better lol

coldingham hibs
30-08-2022, 11:51 AM
It’s almost impossible selecting a team as there are so many ineffective players. Apart from Marshall & Boyle I really don’t know who deserves to start. Maybe Cadden but he’s not impressed me this season and his final ball is dire.

Nicho87
30-08-2022, 11:57 AM
Marshall

Miller Porteous Mclelland Cabraja

Cadden Kenneh Stevenson

Boyle Melkerson Youan

PaulSmith
30-08-2022, 12:01 PM
It’s almost impossible selecting a team as there are so many ineffective players. Apart from Marshall & Boyle I really don’t know who deserves to start. Maybe Cadden but he’s not impressed me this season and his final ball is dire.

I’ve tried for the last 10 mins to find a decent starting X1 and other than firing in the likes of Blaney, McGregor, Oscar and Jacob MacIntyre and Ethan Laidlaw I’ve gave up.

hibbie02
30-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Marshall
Cadden, Porteous, McGregor, Cabraja
Kenneh
Campbell, Tait,
Boyle, Melkerson, Youan

It's time to lose 2 out of the 3 in the hopeless midfield and try something new. I don't know what Tait has done to not even warrant a place on the bench, but what do we have to lose? I'd be looking to blood some of the Dev team in games like this to get them experience.

coldingham hibs
30-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Marshalll
Campbell - RB
Stevenson - LB
McGregor - CH
Hanlon - CH
Porteous - CM
Cadden - LW
Boyle - RW
Cabraja - LM
Tait - RM
Youan - CF

Smartie
30-08-2022, 12:42 PM
It’s never a good sign for the club when the teams being suggested vary as wildly as they do.

flash
30-08-2022, 12:44 PM
Marshall

Miller
Porteous
McLelland
Cabraja

Kenneh
Stevenson
Cadden

Boyle
Melkerson
Youan

No matter how bad we are people still manage to come up with teams that would make us even worse.

Oranje39
30-08-2022, 12:48 PM

I like the look of that, think Lewis has a lot to offer the team but would possibly swap McClelland in for Hanlon.

Would have Boyle and Youan playing narrower leaving the space for Cadden and Cabraja to exploit.

Smartie
30-08-2022, 12:51 PM
No matter how bad we are people still manage to come up with teams that would make us even worse.

I actually think the team Johnson picked on Saturday was the worst that could have been picked with the players available (within reason, playing goalkeepers outfield, 8 strikers etc).

Leith Green
30-08-2022, 12:56 PM
Personally think miller looks miles away from being good enough at this level. Hopefully im proved wrong

Hibee Daft
30-08-2022, 01:16 PM
Would like to see some of the young lads put on the bench and actually get a chance

O'Connor, Laidlaw or give Bojang abit more playing time

worcesterhibby
30-08-2022, 01:33 PM

I like this. :agree:

flash
30-08-2022, 01:34 PM
I actually think the team Johnson picked on Saturday was the worst that could have been picked with the players available (within reason, playing goalkeepers outfield, 8 strikers etc).

Nah we could get even worse comfortably.

Brightside
30-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Marsh

Porto Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Kenneh JDH Cabarja

Boyle Melk Youan.

hibee-boys
30-08-2022, 01:48 PM
Marshalll
Campbell - RB
Stevenson - LB
McGregor - CH
Hanlon - CH
Porteous - CM
Cadden - LW
Boyle - RW
Cabraja - LM
Tait - RM
Youan - CF

I take it you placed all the squad names in a hat with the various positions and drew them out randomly?😏

Unseen work
30-08-2022, 01:54 PM
I actually want to see Tavares get another shot.

Granted he was really poor against Livi, but who wasn’t?

I don’t think it’s a coincidence Cabraja looked really good when Tavares was in front of him either, couple of intelligent runs in behind enabled Cabraja to pick him out which was the main threat.

I just like forward players willing to run beyond the ball and stretch the game, especially when playing teams like Kilmarnock.

hibee-boys
30-08-2022, 01:55 PM
It’s never a good sign for the club when the teams being suggested vary as wildly as they do.

Yip, says it all really. Marshall and Boyle aside, nobody else has nailed down a starting position with their performances so far this season.

supermcginn
30-08-2022, 02:26 PM
Maybe try posting your own team instead of criticising others! :yawn:

Aldo
30-08-2022, 02:51 PM
Marshall

Miller
Porteous
McLelland
Cabraja

Kenneh
Stevenson
Cadden

Boyle
Melkerson
Youan

That’s a decent looking team SM.

I like the look of the MF and front 3 but you do know you’ll be waaaaaayyyy off with that select unfortunately.

Newell, JDH and Campbell will all more than likely start along with Hanlon at the back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HendoDelivered
30-08-2022, 02:56 PM
Marshall

Cadds
Porto
McLelland
Cabraja

Stevenson
Kenneh
Hendo

Boyle
Melkersen
Youan

IvanSproule
30-08-2022, 03:08 PM
Miller Porto Stevenson Cabraja

Kenneh
Tait Henderson

Boyle Tavares

Youan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tambo
30-08-2022, 05:07 PM
Miller Porto Stevenson Cabraja

Kenneh
Tait Henderson

Boyle Tavares

Youan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Asking for it with no goalie 😁

I do like some have went for 3-5-2

I went for miller RCB as I'm sure they said he could play centre back before he signed. Some might be against it but I'd have McGregor back as you won't get no pissing about at the back from him.

Marshall

Miller
McGregor
Hanlon

Cadden
Cabraja

Kenneh
Tait
Henderson

Boyle
Melkersen

I did also say Doidge in my original team in the atmosphere vs killie as for me he is much better with someone up there helping so will just have to see come 2pm.

kentao
30-08-2022, 05:48 PM
Marshall

Cabraja
McClelland
Porto
Cadden

Tavares
Campbell
Kenneh
Boyle

Bojang
Youan

Fed up watching us struggle playing 4-3-3 with such a poor midfield and inability to find a man in the box with a cross. plenty pace amongst the front 4 to get in behind Killie either through the middle of down the flanks. Went for Kenneh and Campbell for legs in midfield to cover the defence, have ran out of patience with Newell and JDH, Henderson would be a gamble in a 2, he could have a great game or could be a complete passenger. Doidge i don`t rate and Melkerson full of potential but don't feel he is ready to make an impact.

There's also no chance he is going to pick the formation or team above :faf::faf::faf:

ancient hibee
30-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Playing both Cadden and Boyle wide on the right is pointless. That will have to be solved perhaps by playing Boyle across the front to link closely with a striker there.

sauzeelegod
31-08-2022, 08:30 AM
I like the 352 but a 3421 could suit us too.

Marshall

Porto
Hanlon
Lewis

Cadden
Kenneh
Newell
Cabraja

Boyle
Youan

Melkersen

Stubbsy90+2
31-08-2022, 08:51 AM

That’s the team for me.

Since452
31-08-2022, 08:54 AM
Hopefully Hanlon and Doidge out. McClelland and Melkersen in. Also Kenneh.

Forza Fred
31-08-2022, 08:55 AM
I’d like to see a right flank of Miller -Cadden - Boyle.

I reckon Killie could have trouble with that.

Smartie
31-08-2022, 08:57 AM
That’s the team for me.

I don’t have much problem with it, although I just don’t see Henderson and Melkerson managing to be involved enough, for Melkerson not to get isolated and Henderson not to drift, generally being bullied.

Magennis and a proper number 9 and it looks like a decent team.

Stubbsy90+2
31-08-2022, 08:59 AM
I don’t have much problem with it, although I just don’t see Henderson and Melkerson managing to be involved enough, for Melkerson not to get isolated and Henderson not to drift, generally being bullied.

Magennis and a proper number 9 and it looks like a decent team.

Yeah I’d agree. From what we currently have though I reckon it’s the best available.

Daydreamer
31-08-2022, 09:06 AM
Play a 4-1-4-1 and let Newell play the position that he played for Rotherham as a left winger.

Marshall

Cadden Porteous Hanlon (who else?) Stevenson

Kenneh

Boyle Henderson Campbell Newell

Doidge

Lets go for it on saturday and take the game to them!!!

BoomtownHibees
31-08-2022, 09:37 AM
Play a 4-1-4-1 and let Newell play the position that he played for Rotherham as a left winger.

Noooooooooooo

number9dream
31-08-2022, 09:45 AM
McInnes certainly had Hibs’ number when in charge of Aberdeen. Expect a lot of rotational fouls, with Power & Donnelly doing the dirty work in the middle of the park and big Ashcroft is a threat from set-pieces. Ideally, we should play round their aggression but I’m not sure we’re good enough, so it could be a scrap.
Scoring first would be nice…
Like others, I think we need to give Melkersen an outing at no.9 if he’s fully fit.

Brightside
31-08-2022, 09:47 AM
Hopefully Hanlon and Doidge out. McClelland and Melkersen in. Also Kenneh.
We should be dropping Porto before Hanlon.

Billy Whizz
31-08-2022, 09:58 AM

Doubt we’ll be dropping either, we have no one better at this moment in time

Basildon Hibs
31-08-2022, 09:59 AM

Marshall

Kenneh

Doidge

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stubbsy90+2
31-08-2022, 10:01 AM

Marshall

Kenneh

Doidge

Take the game to them by playing Newell as a winger.

Pardon?

Smartie
31-08-2022, 10:04 AM

Marshall

Kenneh

Doidge

I thought your last line was going to say “let’s go the whole hog, get the band back together and bring Josh Vela home”.

hibbyfraelibby
31-08-2022, 11:38 AM

We would if Rocky was fit but right now he's unchallenged

Tyler Durden
31-08-2022, 11:53 AM
Marsh

Porto Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Kenneh JDH Cabarja

Boyle Melk Youan.

We could do a lot worse than this IMO. When you're struggling for quality in centre midfield, this formation takes the pressure off a bit. Kenneh and JDH would just have to keep it simple and you're counting on the wing backs and forward 3 to get you goals.

Hibs3-2
31-08-2022, 11:55 AM
Marshall

miller porto hanlon
Cadden Newell Kenneh cabraja
Boyle bojang youan

Stubbsy90+2
31-08-2022, 12:06 PM
We could do a lot worse than this IMO. When you're struggling for quality in centre midfield, this formation takes the pressure off a bit. Kenneh and JDH would just have to keep it simple and you're counting on the wing backs and forward 3 to get you goals.

My concern with that team is it really leaves us with 5 defenders and 2 midfielders who have absolutely no threat going forward on the pitch.

It doesn’t leave the opponents a lot to be concerned about.

1875Sean
31-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Puzzled why so many people have Miller in ahead of Cadden, for me he’s looked really unsure when he’s been on, Caddens been one of our best players

Tyler Durden
31-08-2022, 12:29 PM
My concern with that team is it really leaves us with 5 defenders and 2 midfielders who have absolutely no threat going forward on the pitch.

It doesn’t leave the opponents a lot to be concerned about.

That's certainly how Maloneyball played out.

But let's use Hearts as a comparison. They quite often play this type of 3-4-3 and you're counting on your wing backs creating. And your front 3 creating/scoring. They often line up with Cochrane or Halliday at LWB and Atkinson or Michael Smith on the right. Our players are just as creative/quick/technical as the Hearts equivalent. They don't get any goals from centre midfield.

So it's about making that work and moving the ball forward quicker, compared to the dull Maloney version.

In an ideal world you'd have Mitchell at LWB and Cabraja back in the back 3. I wouldn't be averse to getting Boyle back to right wing back either and maybe have a front 2 with Cadden as an attacking centre mid.

Unfortunately at the moment it's about making the best of an imbalanced squad. Mitchell and Magennis, if we could get them fit really give you many more options in how to play. And a decent number 9 would help too.

Brightside
01-09-2022, 10:20 AM
Marshall

Cadden Simau Hanlon. Cabraja

Kenneh

JDH Galbraith

Boyle McKirdy Youan

Callum_62
01-09-2022, 10:21 AM
Marshall

Kenneh

JDH Galbraith

Boyle McKirdy YouanMcirdy (if he signs) will be suspended

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Brightside
01-09-2022, 10:26 AM
Mcirdy (if he signs) will be suspended

Boooooooo.

But does that mean we wont play him?

hibee-boys
01-09-2022, 10:29 AM
Boooooooo.

But does that mean we wont play him?

Not necessarily😏

BT58
01-09-2022, 12:00 PM
Marshall

Kenneh

JDH Galbraith

Boyle McKirdy Youan

According to reports, no new midfielders...bonkers !!!

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-09-2022, 06:27 AM
After an emotional rollercoaster on here with TDD, time to think about the team v Killie

Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Cabreja

Newell
Kenneh
Campbell

Boyle
McKirdy
Youan

McGruber
02-09-2022, 06:44 AM
Mcirdy (if he signs) will be suspended

Not suspended - 14 days before suspension applies.
However.. needs FIFA approval and don't know how long that will take. If FIFA/international approval comes through can play v Killie

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-09-2022, 06:50 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Cabreja

Newell
Kenneh
Campbell

Boyle
Melkerson
Youan

SlickShoes
02-09-2022, 06:53 AM
McKirdy is suspended until the next game

Hibernian Verse
02-09-2022, 06:53 AM
McKirdy is suspended until the next game

Moira is reporting it doesn't kick in for 14 days.

SlickShoes
02-09-2022, 06:55 AM
Moira is reporting it doesn't kick in for 14 days.

All 3 games of it? Or just the last one? Since he missed two for Swindon already I think

Unseen work
02-09-2022, 06:57 AM
Depends on if McKirdy can play or not, I imagine the Ukrainian lad won’t have his work permit sorted either so can’t imagine much to see any of the new boys.

…………………..Marshall………..

Miller……..Porteous…..McLellend….Cabraja….

……………Kenneh……Newell…..

Boyle……………Campbell………Youan…..

…………………Melkersen/McKirdy…..

BlackSheep
02-09-2022, 07:02 AM
Do we really need a second thread for this!!!?

duffers
02-09-2022, 07:46 AM
Marshall

Cadden Porto Hanlon Cabraja

JDH Kenneh Newell

Boyle McKirdy Youan

I’m likely to get stick for that midfield, however both JDH and Newell were far more favoured having the role to push on a lot more with Kenneh behind him.

Basildon Hibs
02-09-2022, 07:52 AM
Why do posters insist on playing Newell?
He's ******g ****!!

hibsbollah
02-09-2022, 07:53 AM
Marshall

JDH Kenneh Newell

Boyle McKirdy Youan

I’m likely to get stick for that midfield, however both JDH and Newell were far more favoured having the role to push on a lot more with Kenneh behind him.

I don’t think it makes sense to take Josh Campbell out of the side at the moment. I think it should be JDH making way for Kenneh.

bigwheel
02-09-2022, 07:53 AM
He's ******g ****!!

why don’t you post an alternative team , rather than moan about others opinions …you do realise it’s just a fun thread - they are not actually picking the team

Basildon Hibs
02-09-2022, 07:58 AM
Put Lewis in there (if fit).

There, that better for you?

😁

McGruber
02-09-2022, 08:02 AM
........ .Marshall

Youan....Kurkharevych..Nisbet...Tavares

Boyle...Bojang....McGeady...Laidlaw

........ Melkerson.. McKirdy

Mighty Ducks V formation

Stubbsy90+2
02-09-2022, 08:06 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Campbell

Boyle
Henderson
Youan

McKirdy

DIXIHIBS
02-09-2022, 08:10 AM
He's ******g ****!!

Maybe they dont agree with your opinion of him?

Basildon Hibs
02-09-2022, 08:19 AM
Maybe they dont agree with your opinion of him?

Maybe.👍

J-C
02-09-2022, 08:38 AM
Assuming McKirdy can play

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh

JDH
Campbell

Boyle
Youan
McKirdy

hibsbollah
02-09-2022, 08:39 AM
He's ******g ****!!

Because he’s still a lot more likely to JDH to play the defence splitting through ball, which is what Boyle and Yoann need. If you want to bring in Kenneh, and sacrifice Newell, you have even less attacking options than you did to start with.

J-C
02-09-2022, 08:56 AM
Because he’s still a lot more likely to JDH to play the defence splitting through ball, which is what Boyle and Yoann need. If you want to bring in Kenneh, and sacrifice Newell, you have even less attacking options than you did to start with.

Alternatively you have a solid midfield 3, 1 defensively and the other 2 hard working, the creativity can come from the front 3. We still needed that box2box creative midfielder but until then I want to see the midfield at least compete and not get run over like it usually does, Newell gives you 1 good game in 6 and generally slows play down, competitive midfield gives you better possession and allows the 3 creative attackers more time. Well that the theory anyway. :greengrin

hibbie02
02-09-2022, 09:06 AM
He's ******g ****!!

Can't argue with that!

p.s. Nice Avatar btw...

hibsbollah
02-09-2022, 09:11 AM
Alternatively you have a solid midfield 3, 1 defensively and the other 2 hard working, the creativity can come from the front 3. We still needed that box2box creative midfielder but until then I want to see the midfield at least compete and not get run over like it usually does, Newell gives you 1 good game in 6 and generally slows play down, competitive midfield gives you better possession and allows the 3 creative attackers more time. Well that the theory anyway. :greengrin

I'd say it's more like 1 great game 5 mixed games and 1 stinker, but that's just opinions for you :agree:. It's far from ideal, but Newell stays in my midfield for now.

Since90+2
02-09-2022, 09:14 AM
Assuming McKirdy can play

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh

JDH
Campbell

Boyle
Youan
McKirdy

That midfield balance is completely wrong. We'd be genuine relegation candidates with that midfield 3.

Souter96Mac
02-09-2022, 09:19 AM
I assume none of the new lads will be available, maybe Fish, since McKirdy has his suspension to serve, and Mykola will have international clearance to get.

Marshall
Kenneh Campbell JDH
Boyle Melkerson Youan

Brightside
02-09-2022, 09:20 AM
I assume none of the new lads will be available, maybe Fish, since McKirdy has his suspension to serve, and Mykola will have international clearance to get.

Marshall
Kenneh Campbell JDH
Boyle Melkerson Youan

Like this team.

J-C
02-09-2022, 09:24 AM
That midfield balance is completely wrong. We'd be genuine relegation candidates with that midfield 3.

TBH it's hard to get a good blend in the midfield, I went for combativeness keeping it solid in the middle, fed up seeing teams run right through us.

B.H.F.C
02-09-2022, 10:33 AM
I’d just give up the midfield as it’s useless anyway. Get two up front Boyle out wide and just have a go.

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Boyle
Kenneh
One other but much of a muchness whoever you choose.
Tavares

Youan
Melkersen

Don’t think the personnel will be a million miles away but what I think we’ll see will be.

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
Youan
Melkersen

Brightside
02-09-2022, 10:57 AM

Why? Its a 6 8 10.

JammyDoidger
02-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Campbell
Henderson

Boyle
Melkerson
Youan

ToulouseHibs
02-09-2022, 03:01 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Campbell

Boyle
Youan
Myky
Melkersen
Harry

Midfield is overrated anyway......

Smartie
02-09-2022, 03:11 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Stevenson

Boyle
Henderson
Youan

Mykola Kukharevych (cut and pasted to get it right).

Might be tempted to stick JDH in for Henderson. Or Campbell. Nothing between them, really.

RossScott1991
02-09-2022, 03:25 PM
————————Marshall——————

Cadden—Porteous—-Hanlon—-Cabraja

———————Kenneh—-————-

————Campbell———Newell———

———————Henderson——————-

—————Boyle——-Youan——-

hibees 7062
02-09-2022, 03:36 PM
I’d start Harry

Green Reaper
02-09-2022, 05:45 PM
————————Marshall——————

Cadden—Porteous—-Hanlon—-Cabraja

———————Kenneh—-————-

————Campbell———Newell———

———————Henderson——————-

—————Boyle——-Youan——-

I think this will be the team

Ronniekirk
02-09-2022, 05:50 PM
I’d start Harry

Suspended and as far as I am aware Trsnsfer not yet approved by F I F A and no international clearance given
If this doesn't get sorted till after Saturday ,he will then still be suspended for one or two games ,depending on which report you read

BoomtownHibees
02-09-2022, 06:33 PM
McKirdy in the squad for tomorrow

Callum_62
02-09-2022, 06:33 PM
https://twitter.com/p_mcpartlin/status/1565769492554457088?t=wy_j5iuEuFFhOuNylefirQ&s=19

makaveli1875
02-09-2022, 06:37 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Billy
Porteous
Cabraja

Boyle
Campbell
Kenneh
Tavares

Youann
Kukharevych

shetlandhibee
02-09-2022, 06:43 PM
McKirdy in the squad for tomorrow
he will be straight in Boyle and Youan either side

Billy Whizz
02-09-2022, 06:45 PM
he will be straight in Boyle and Youan either side

I’d be surprised at that

JamesHFC
02-09-2022, 06:45 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Campbell
Henderson
Newell

Boyle
Melkersen
Youan

BlackSheep
02-09-2022, 06:46 PM
McKirdy is available for tomorrow!!! Yaaas

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-09-2022, 06:49 PM
Marshall

Miller Porto Hanlon

Cadden Cabraja
Newell Kennah

Boyle Youann. McKirdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Diclonius
02-09-2022, 06:53 PM
Marshall

Cadden Porteous Hanlon Cabraja

Campbell Stevenson Newell

Boyle McKirdy Youan

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-09-2022, 07:04 PM
Marshall

Boyle McKirdy Youan

I think we need to get those full backs further up the park

supermcginn
02-09-2022, 07:09 PM
Depends on if McKirdy can play or not, I imagine the Ukrainian lad won’t have his work permit sorted either so can’t imagine much to see any of the new boys.

…………………..Marshall………..

Miller……..Porteous…..McLellend….Cabraja….

……………Kenneh……Newell…..

Boyle……………Campbell………Youan…..

…………………Melkersen/McKirdy…..
Has cadden pumped your wife? You must be his biggest critic by a mile. He's absolutely streets ahead of miller but fair play for sticking to your guns.

Franck Stanton
02-09-2022, 08:39 PM
Marshall

Boyle McKirdy Youan

REALLY like the look of this team. Hope it is the one that starts the game.

hibby67
02-09-2022, 09:04 PM
Marshall
Cadden - porteous - Čabraja
Kenneh - JDH
Boyle - Melkersen - Kukharevych - McKirdy - Youan

WeeRussell
02-09-2022, 09:09 PM

What is completely wrong with the balance? Not saying it’s the team I would pick but why is balance the issue?

Unseen work
02-09-2022, 09:14 PM
Has cadden pumped your wife? You must be his biggest critic by a mile. He's absolutely streets ahead of miller but fair play for sticking to your guns.

I actually like him but think he’s had a poor start this season and Miller deserves his chance which isn’t 5 minutes off the bench when we’re chasing a game.

Also think Miller is more capable of playing a clever ball to create which is something we’ve struggled with

ancient hibee
02-09-2022, 09:30 PM
Players on the right have to play to Boyle's strengths and not run with the ball until they're ten yards away from him and then pass to him. Get the ball down there behind the defence for him to run onto.

Hibstrooper
02-09-2022, 09:32 PM
Kenneh needs to come back in, adds more balance to our midfield and releases the other midfielders to go forward more. I think he’s been protected after his mistake against Livi given he is only 19 but time to get him in again. I’d go:

Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Chabi

Kenneh
JDH
Campbell

Boyle
McKirdy
Youan

Tambo
02-09-2022, 09:35 PM
I actually like him but think he’s had a poor start this season and Miller deserves his chance which isn’t 5 minutes off the bench when we’re chasing a game.

Also think Miller is more capable of playing a clever ball to create which is something we’ve struggled with

Cadden has been poor at RB defensively so can see where your coming from.

Get the Fish in!

Mckirdy aswell.

Unseen work
02-09-2022, 10:07 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-monitor-elias-melkersen-closely-after-norwegian-suffers-third-concussion-episode-3830067

Melkersen out after suffering a couple of concussions, really hope he’s ok

B.H.F.C
02-09-2022, 10:23 PM
With Melkersen out, I reckon McKirdy is now a certain starter.

hibsbollah
02-09-2022, 10:32 PM
Marshall
Kenneh Campbell Newell
Boyle McKirdy Youan

I’d be excited to see that front 3.

Ivan_Sproule
02-09-2022, 10:45 PM
----------------Marshall------------------

Cadds-----Porto------Stevenson---------Cabraja

-----------------Kenneh----------------------

-------Campbell--------------------------
-------------------------Hendo------------

Boyle-------------------------------Youan

---------------McKirdy-------------------

theonlywayisup
03-09-2022, 05:41 AM
Kenneh needs to come back in, adds more balance to our midfield and releases the other midfielders to go forward more. I think he’s been protected after his mistake against Livi given he is only 19 but time to get him in again. I’d go:

Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Chabi

Kenneh
JDH
Campbell

Boyle
McKirdy
Youan

Would play this midfield! I feel Newell has to be dropped. He slows play up so much - what's the point having speed up front and then are too slow to play it too them.

With Melkerson out, McKirdy has to play. In the defence, I'm not convinced with Cadden as a right back, so the only change in the above would be to play Miller.

CapitalGreen
03-09-2022, 07:37 AM
But in the midfield, I think we’ve got great quality in there.

I know everybody talks about the three in the middle, but they’ve all got different qualities and they all add to the team.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jamie-mcallister-speaks-on-hibs-midfield-options-and-explains-transfer-decision-3829852

They’re going to play the midfield three again aren’t they 🙄

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2022, 07:45 AM

Get the Fish in!

Mckirdy aswell.

I think Cadden is far more effective as a wing back as opposed to a RB

Brightside
03-09-2022, 07:46 AM
I think Cadden is far more effective as a wing back as opposed to a RB

When we play Kenneh the FB can play much higher. He slips in and covers and Porto and Hanlon can go wider.

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-09-2022, 07:50 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Cabreja

JDH
Kenneh
Campbell

Youan
McKirdy
Boyle

Mcbizz1998
03-09-2022, 07:52 AM

Get the Fish in!

Mckirdy aswell.

I have a rather controversial opinion in that I don’t see why Cadden is as highly rated as he is, I think he is decent enough but never seen him “put on a show” as the song claims.

He is however, better than Miller.

Heisenberg
03-09-2022, 07:55 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jamie-mcallister-speaks-on-hibs-midfield-options-and-explains-transfer-decision-3829852

I get they’ve got to back the players in the press but ffs! We’ve all got eyes and can clearly see those three don’t work together in midfield.

The Modfather
03-09-2022, 08:05 AM

I get they can’t call out the midfield for what it is, but I’d rather they simply didn’t talk about the midfield than PR that doesn’t relate to reality.

We’ve got a midfield that on a bad season could get dragged into a relegation scrap, and in a good season sneak into the top 6. We’re now left hoping the forwards are so good they can mitigate the midfield, like when we finished 3rd.

Allant1981
03-09-2022, 08:12 AM
Marshall
Fish
Porteous
Hanlon
Cadden
Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
Cabraja
Boyle
Youan

The Modfather
03-09-2022, 08:17 AM
Marshall
Fish
Porteous
Hanlon
Cadden
Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
Cabraja
Boyle
Mckirdy
Youan

Playing with 12 is as good a way as any to mitigate the midfield 😀

CapitalGreen
03-09-2022, 08:18 AM
I get they’ve got to back the players in the press but ffs! We’ve all got eyes and can clearly see those three don’t work together in midfield.

14th December 2021

The last time we won a game in which Newell, JDH and Campbell all started. A 1-0 home win against the worst team in the league thanks to a freak own goal. Our only other 2 wins with those 3 starting were the brilliant performance against Rangers in the LC Semi and a 2-1 away win against the 2nd worst team in the league who played the whole 2nd half with 10 men.

fiolex1
03-09-2022, 08:19 AM
I am thinking they may play McKirdy as a floating No10 just behind Youan and Boyle?

WeeRussell
03-09-2022, 08:24 AM
I have a rather controversial opinion in that I don’t see why Cadden is as highly rated as he is, I think he is decent enough but never seen him “put on a show” as the song claims.

I agree. I think much of it comes from him being a solid performer during a spell when our team was particularly poor. I think at this stage he’s looked the best option and more than comfortable with him being in the team (hopefully Miller comes good yet) but I really didn’t get the demands for a Scotland call-up!

LaMotta
03-09-2022, 08:26 AM

I agree with this. As you say decent enough, but largely because he is a good athlete rather than outstanding ability. He gave the ball away 3 or 4 times In a row v Hearts on the first half, but avoided the screaming from the crowds that other players would have got.

The Modfather
03-09-2022, 08:26 AM
Marshal

Cadden/Miller Porteous Hanlon/Fish (if left footed) Cabraja

Kenneh Campbell

Boyle McKirdy Youan

Big Mike (Melkerson if Big Mike can’t play yet)

LaMotta
03-09-2022, 08:33 AM
A few people putting Kenneh in the team but I'm not getting it, think he's been really poor so far.

If he does start I hope he makes me eat my words.

Mcbizz1998
03-09-2022, 08:35 AM
I agree. I think much of it comes from him being a solid performer during a spell when our team was particularly poor. I think at this stage he’s looked the best option and more than comfortable with him being in the team (hopefully Miller comes good yet) but I really didn’t get the demands for a Scotland call-up!

Maybe not as controversial as I thought then!

hibee-boys
03-09-2022, 09:07 AM
I’m assuming big Mike won’t be available so ffs Hibs keep the ball on the deck please. Cadden- love your energy but stop the high floaty balls into the box when we’re out numbered 4 to 1 most of the time. Let’s hit the bye line or play through them!

Pete70
03-09-2022, 09:12 AM
I'd like to see us try something a wee bit different. Go 3-5-2 and playing 2 up front at home should be a no brainer.

Marshall

**********Fish****Porto****Hanlon

*****************Kinneh************
Boyle****Cadden*********Newell****Cabraja

*************McKirdy**Youan

Get the ball wide early and fired into the box.

Allant1981
03-09-2022, 09:13 AM
Playing with 12 is as good a way as any to mitigate the midfield 😀

😁😁😁😁 didn't even realise but we need some help just now!!

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2022, 09:49 AM
I think if it’s a 442 it has to be Miller at RB, if 3 at the back then Cadden.

Miller Porto Hanlon Cabraja

Cadden Kennah Newell Boyle
Youann Mckirdy

Alternative would be

A back three of either miller or fish plus Porto and Hanlon then,
Cadden Kennah Newell Cabraja
Boyle mckirdy youann

Jones28
03-09-2022, 09:55 AM
I don’t think we’ll see a back 3 again after Johnson was so quick to change it against rangers. I didn’t really see what was so bad about it and was quite surprised when he did.

Cadden Porteous Hanlawn Cabraja
Kennah
Campbell Newall
Boyle Mckirdy Youan

4-3-3 with Kennah sitting and Campbell and Newall further up the pitch.

hibbie02
03-09-2022, 10:03 AM
Does anyone think Harry is more of an attacking, goal scoring midfielder rather than a central striker. Playing behind a front three will give us more of a threat.

BS44
03-09-2022, 10:09 AM
Does anyone think Harry is more of an attacking, goal scoring midfielder rather than a central striker. Playing behind a front three will give us more of a threat.

No.

Key West
03-09-2022, 10:28 AM
Marshall

Fish
Porteous
Cabraja

Cadden
Campbell
Kenneh

Henderson

Boyle

Youan
McKirdy

Niffy
03-09-2022, 10:40 AM
Doubt McKirdy will start.

B.H.F.C
03-09-2022, 11:00 AM

Doidge away, Melkersen out. I think he’s a stick on to play.

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-09-2022, 11:01 AM

Melks is out. Could have a front three of Boyle, Youan, Jair if that’s the formation or just go with Boyle and Youan if it’s a two.

However, McKirdy is a striker and on form.

Brightside
03-09-2022, 11:06 AM
I think if it’s a 442 it has to be Miller at RB, if 3 at the back then Cadden.

Miller Porto Hanlon Cabraja

Cadden Kennah Newell Boyle
Youann Mckirdy

Alternative would be

A back three of either miller or fish plus Porto and Hanlon then,
Cadden Kennah Newell Cabraja
Boyle mckirdy youann

I’ll be very surprised if Miller starts. Not hard a look in yet. And got stick for not having his shin guards on last weeks.

sleeping giant
03-09-2022, 11:07 AM

I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

Pete70
03-09-2022, 11:08 AM
Melks is out. Could have a front three of Boyle, Youan, Jair if that’s the formation or just go with Boyle and Youan if it’s a two.

However, McKirdy is a striker and on form.

From the BBC online Gossip page;

"Striker Elias Melkersen is being closely monitored after suffering his third concussion in a relatively short period of time, explains Hibs assistant manager Jamie McAllister. (Scotsman)"

Niffy
03-09-2022, 02:26 PM
I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

Wish we'd had a bet...