PDA

View Full Version : Allan Delferriere

CapitalGreen
29-08-2022, 10:19 AM
Set up both goals for FC Edinburgh in their win at the weekend. The second in particular he win the ball in midfield before driving forward with it and picking a pass into the strikers feet. FC Edinburgh fans seem astonished they have him.

Highlights here - https://youtu.be/jwF3a4Fi7T8

Trinity Hibee
29-08-2022, 10:24 AM
Looks a neat player. Was surprised to see us loan him out given our struggles

Billy Whizz
29-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Set up both goals for FC Edinburgh in their win at the weekend. The second in particular he win the ball in midfield before driving forward with it and picking a pass into the strikers feet. FC Edinburgh fans seem astonished they have him.

Where is his best position CG, thought he was signed as a defender
Surely we have the option to recall him/Brydon if we are short in these areas

leith lynx
29-08-2022, 10:29 AM
Looks a neat player. Was surprised to see us loan him out given our struggles

Bring him back in NOW!

Hibbyradge
29-08-2022, 10:30 AM
Good to read this.

Hopefully his development will continue until the manager and coaches think he's SPFL ready.

Danderhall Hibs
29-08-2022, 10:34 AM
Good to hear.

I hope we don’t over hype him - I saw him and Tait vs Brechin the other week and there’s definitely some work requires based on that 90mins.

Callum_62
29-08-2022, 10:39 AM
Good to hear.

I hope we don’t over hype him - I saw him and Tait vs Brechin the other week and there’s definitely some work requires based on that 90mins.Based on the highlights I'd say thats exactoy what we are doing

The first goal was hilarious and the 2nd, nice tackle, simple pass but really the goal is all about the scorer

I think hes rated and has potential but that's all it is

Tait too - he didn't exactly set the heather alight at killie in the championship although I think he got injured

I seen him live in 1 game for killie and he was well off it (again mightve been a blip)

I don't think either are solving all our midfield issues right now

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
29-08-2022, 10:41 AM
Based on the highlights I'd say thats exactoy what we are doing

The first goal was hilarious and the 2nd, nice tackle, simple pass but really the goal is all about the scorer

Tait too - he didn't exactly set the heather alight at killie in the championship although I think he got injured

I seen him live in 1 game for killie and he was well off it (again mightve been a blip)

I have a friend who I play football with, youth coach and a Raith ST holder. Says Tait is a very good player who isn’t quite yet Premiership level but will be in the future. Think we’re needing to give him the space to develop further.

Libby Hibby
29-08-2022, 10:42 AM
Based on the highlights I'd say thats exactoy what we are doing

They might not be but play them instead of the ‘tried and tested’ p!sh, it can’t be any worse imo.

Callum_62
29-08-2022, 10:48 AM
They might not be but play them instead of the ‘tried and tested’ p!sh, it can’t be any worse imo.Ofcourse it could be worse

That's really the managers call to make though

If he feels Alan and Dylan arnt ready then it's unfair on them to chuck them in

We might not rate the 3 that played on Saturday but throwing in 2 kids they feel arnt there yet isn't a sensible option either

Libby Hibby
29-08-2022, 10:52 AM
Ofcourse it could be worse

We might not rate the 3 that played on Saturday but throwing in 2 kids they feel arnt there yet isn't a sensible option either

Throwing in 2 kids? They are professional footballers, football is what they do. Even for the sake of feshening things up, give them game time. We’re getting beat anyways with Newell, JDH and the likes in there.

Stuart93
29-08-2022, 10:58 AM
I’d have preferred we went with tait and delf than the midfield we started on Saturday

CapitalGreen
29-08-2022, 10:59 AM

Tait isn’t someone with zero experience, he has played 90 professional games, nearly 3 times as many as Euan Henderson had played when we signed and made him a mainstay of the team. In terms of minutes played, Tait has played nearly 5 times the number of professional minutes as Henderson had played.

Willis1875
29-08-2022, 11:01 AM
Throwing in 2 kids? They are professional footballers, football is what they do. Even for the sake of feshening things up, give them game time. We’re getting beat anyways with Newell, JDH and the likes in there.

Exactly where I am.
Delferriere is 20 years old,so not really a kid.He played 19 times in a six month spell for a team in the same league that the gorgie mob have just recruited from

Stuart93
29-08-2022, 11:07 AM

The midfield 3 he started with still aren’t ready to play together either. We don’t have much to lose.

Callum_62
29-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Tait isn’t someone with zero experience, he has played 90 professional games, nearly 3 times as many as Euan Henderson had played when we signed and made him a mainstay of the team. In terms of minutes played, Tait has played nearly 5 times the number of professional minutes as Henderson had played.Valid points but he obviously isn't seen as ready for the spl

I'm not sure the reasons why that is

Like I said I think he's seen as one to develop first

Don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind seeing what he's all about but in the same token in don't buy into the 'don't like our midfield so try anyone else' thought process

Why was he quite poor at killie? I know he was injured but I think before that he wasn't always playing and that's in a league much worse than we play in

phoenixfire
29-08-2022, 11:10 AM
Was impressed with Delferriere pre season when I saw him ,looked good ,was surprised we loaned him out though ,it will only do him good what was really surprising was that Edinburgh didn't want him at first:confused:

stuart-farquhar
29-08-2022, 11:18 AM

They have fans! Who are they?

Willis1875
29-08-2022, 11:19 AM
They have fans! Who are they?

The ones that canny be arsed watching the crap at Easter road anymore 🤣

CapitalGreen
29-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Valid points but he obviously isn't seen as ready for the spl

I'm not sure the reasons why that is

Like I said I think he's seen as one to develop first

Don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind seeing what he's all about but in the same token in don't buy into the 'don't like our midfield so try anyone else' thought process

Why was he quite poor at killie? I know he was injured but I think before that he wasn't always playing and that's in a league much worse than we play in

I’m questioning the judgement of those people though. The manager who isn’t picking him said he was happy with the Newel, JDH and Campbell midfield 3 after the Falkirk loss and that he didn’t plan to sign any new central midfielders.

Tait only started 3 games for Killie, he was getting good reviews from their fans after the first 2 then played poorly away to Arbroath in a 1-0 defeat where the whole team played poorly. McInnes then brought in his own guy in Dean Campbell from Aberdeen and Tait came off the bench a few times after that before a season ending injury.

JohnM1875
29-08-2022, 11:44 AM
It's such a weird loan. He's already played at a much much higher level than Edinburgh City. He looked capable of easily playing in our midfield during pre-season. Honestly don't understand why he isn't in our squad or starting.

Fair play to the boy though, he's obviously taken it in his stride and seems to be the man for Edinburgh right now.

Brooster
29-08-2022, 12:03 PM
I've seen a lot of Delf and Tait this season and cannot figure out why none of them are nowhere near our midfield.

CentreForward
29-08-2022, 12:41 PM
I wouldn’t necessarily get too carried away by his two assists when it said in the commentary that Danny Handling scored a hat trick for them last week. Obviously Handling didn’t make it with us however I do still think that Delferriere does look like a good player who hopefully will be in our first team squad in the next year or two.

wookie70
29-08-2022, 01:29 PM
Tait isn’t someone with zero experience, he has played 90 professional games, nearly 3 times as many as Euan Henderson had played when we signed and made him a mainstay of the team. In terms of minutes played, Tait has played nearly 5 times the number of professional minutes as Henderson had played.

Totally agree with this. If the argument is Tait isn't ready then why is Henderson getting game time. He looks miles away from being ready and doesn't appear to have the type of drive and personality Tait has. The big problem is that the best time to put youngster in a team is when they are doing well and can carry someone learning. It is similar to when Harris and Stanton came in a decade or so ago. I would give them some game time as we won't get much worse and who knows one of the youngster might be what we are missing. Harris made a difference before that horror tackle and was a big part of the 4-3 semi win v Falkirk. Plodding on with the same team in the hope Boyle gets a goal is only going to end one way

matty_f
29-08-2022, 01:38 PM
I always think that if these players were demonstrably better than the ones who are feeling played week in/week out then they'd be in our first team and playing.

Managers have a short career, it's in their interests to get the best players on the pitch.

Smartie
29-08-2022, 01:50 PM
I always think that if these players were demonstrably better than the ones who are feeling played week in/week out then they'd be in our first team and playing.

Managers have a short career, it's in their interests to get the best players on the pitch.

Football's one of those things though where you're entitled to an opinion and think you know better than someone who is infinitely better qualified to do the job and who has access to much more information on any given situation than you.

Whilst what you say is undoubtedly true, we're nearly into September and the best (!!) midfield unit we can put together is the one that stank the place out on Saturday and has done so many times in the past. I think folk should be forgiven for speculating about who we might have signed instead, who we might be yet to sign, or whether any of the players who are out on loan might be an improvement on the ones in possession of the jerseys who clearly do not add up to anywhere near "good enough". Especially if - as it appears - the player is doing well out on loan.

matty_f
29-08-2022, 02:04 PM
Football's one of those things though where you're entitled to an opinion and think you know better than someone who is infinitely better qualified to do the job and who has access to much more information on any given situation than you.

Whilst what you say is undoubtedly true, we're nearly into September and the best (!!) midfield unit we can put together is the one that stank the place out on Saturday and has done so many times in the past. I think folk should be forgiven for speculating about who we might have signed instead, who we might be yet to sign, or whether any of the players who are out on loan might be an improvement on the ones in possession of the jerseys who clearly do not add up to anywhere near "good enough". Especially if - as it appears - the player is doing well out on loan.

No problem with folk speculating, and the midfield we have played consistently has been brutal so I can understand the grass is greener outlook, but I stand by the point. If it was a lot greener they'd be in the team.

The finger points at recruitment for not solving that issue, or to the manager for not finding a way to make it work with the players he has.

Highwayman
29-08-2022, 04:00 PM
Know very little about Delferriere,so can’t really currently comment on him

Would intend to get along to an FC Edinburgh game soon so I can have a look at him and see what I think.

As far as Tait is concerned,I can only go along with what Raith Rovers fans I know have told me.

While they acknowledge that they watched him in the Championship they have a high opinion of him and always thought he would do well in the Premiership.

Lee Johnson and his coaching staff don’t seem to have the same opinion and to date this season in the League Tait has been ignored.

As per usual supporters don’t know what goes on between certain players and staff on a daily basis.

However it concerns me that if Tait is thought to be no better than the midfield dross that was on display on Saturday,what exactly is the problem with him ?

The Modfather
29-08-2022, 04:06 PM

It’s not in a managers interest, which is understandable. However are we not better persisting with players who might grow and become good players, like Tait & Delfiere, or O’Connor and Laidlaw, as examples. Than persist with with the same known quantities. As we continue to achieve mediocrity, what are we learning by continuing to play the likes of Newell & Doidge. We’ve seen all there is to see from them. Much better to be poor but a team with potential than a poor team with players who we’ve seen all we’ll ever see from them IMO.

matty_f
29-08-2022, 04:08 PM

Would intend to get along to an FC Edinburgh game soon so I can have a look at him and see what I think.

As far as Tait is concerned,I can only go along with what Raith Rovers fans I know have told me.

While they acknowledge that they watched him in the Championship they have a high opinion of him and always thought he would do well in the Premiership.

Lee Johnson and his coaching staff don’t seem to have the same opinion and to date this season in the League Tait has been ignored.

As per usual supporters don’t know what goes on between certain players and staff on a daily basis.

However it concerns me that if Tait is thought to be no better than the midfield dross that was on display on Saturday,what exactly is the problem with him ?

The noise about Tait has come from the support. There had been nothing to indicate that he's unhappy and in fact I asked Ron Gordon specifically about Tait and he explained that the player has a very clear development plan with the club and they see him as a talent for the future (this was on the back of me asking if signing Mackay and Tait should be considered failures given their lack of first team impact).

My take on that is that the player and the club have an agreed plan in place for him and he's not kicking off about not getting a game in the first team yet.

Libby Hibby
29-08-2022, 04:11 PM
It’s not in a managers interest, which is understandable. However are we not better persisting with players who might grow and become good players, like Tait & Delfiere, or O’Connor and Laidlaw, as examples. Than persist with with the same known quantities. As we continue to achieve mediocrity, what are we learning by continuing to play the likes of Newell & Doidge. We’ve seen all there is to see from them. Much better to be poor but a team with potential than a poor team with players who we’ve seen all we’ll ever see from them IMO.

Playing Doidge / Newell week in, week out is baffling.

If the coaching staff are not playing Tait and Delfeirre or any of the young lads due to what they see each day in training then the question has to be asked what do Doidge / Newell bring to training each day and what exactly do the coaching staff see daily that they do not bring on a Saturday?

It’s essentially the same argument.

matty_f
29-08-2022, 04:11 PM

If you're the manager you'd pick the ones you'd trust most to get a result for you. Whether that's throwing someone in our hoping the one there gets better, that's the manager's call, but he's watching them every day and you can be sure that if Tait or anyone was knocking on the door with their performances, they'd get a shot.

I don't see the value in persisting with what we have unless you change what you're asking them to do. These players that are playing have a body of evidence behind them to say they don't win games together.

Libby Hibby
29-08-2022, 04:12 PM
If you're the manager you'd pick the ones you'd trust most to get a result for you. Whether that's throwing someone in our hoping the one there gets better, that's the manager's call, but he's watching them every day and you can be sure that if Tait or anyone was knocking on the door with their performances, they'd get a shot.

I don't see the value in persisting with what we have unless you change what you're asking them to do. These players that are playing have a body of evidence behind them to say they don't win games together.

100% Matty.

The Modfather
29-08-2022, 04:21 PM

It’s not where we should be, but if it was up to me i’d effectively write this season off, it looks like going that way anyway. Say to Johnson, we’ve dealt you a bad hand. Try and make a core of a team from the likes of Macintyre, Delfiere, Tait, Laidlaw, O’Connor etc (obviously not all at once, although not all that sure we’d be much worse off). Try and mould a team together much like Mowbray did. If you can show signs of hope and a way forward you’ll not be judged too harshly on the downs that come with the ups. Then if we can start to supplement the youngsters like we did with Rob Jones, Boozy, Murphy etc we have half a chance.

Of course, ideally we just start to spend our budget properly but the above is a way of mitigating the here and now and the many failings we have. Time to start actively phasing out Newell, Hanlon, JDH, Doidge etc not continue with them as our spine.

One Day Soon
29-08-2022, 04:25 PM
It’s not where we should be, but if it was up to me i’d effectively write this season off, it looks like going that way anyway. Say to Johnson, we’ve dealt you a bad hand. Try and make a core of a team from the likes of Macintyre, Delfiere, Tait, Laidlaw, O’Connor etc (obviously not all at once, although not all that sure we’d be much worse off). Try and mould a team together much like Mowbray did. If you can show signs of hope and a way forward you’ll not be judged too harshly on the downs that come with the ups. Then if we can start to supplement the youngsters like we did with Rob Jones, Boozy, Murphy etc we have half a chance.

Of course, ideally we just start to spend our budget properly but the above is a way of mitigating the here and now and the many failings we have. Time to start actively phasing out Newell, Hanlon, JDH, Doidge etc not continue with them as our spine.

The problem with that approach is that it requires the people running the club to firstly agree that there is a problem and then secondly to somehow magically change their ways on recruitment in the medium to long term.

The Modfather
29-08-2022, 04:30 PM
The problem with that approach is that it requires the people running the club to firstly agree that there is a problem and then secondly to somehow magically change their ways on recruitment in the medium to long term.

Yep, Johnson would effectively have to selflessly sacrifice himself to give the next man actual foundations to start with. Not going to happen. Johnson appears to simply be the next manager we’re in the process of churning through, not through much of his own doing. It almost feels like we need a Petrie-esque relegation to actually acknowledge what we’re doing wrong and properly re-set the football structure. We’re currently doomed to continue doing what we’re doing and continue our steady spiral downward.

HIBS NUTS
29-08-2022, 04:46 PM

I have seen a lot of both players allan and dylan.
Dylan is multi talented, can dispatch a great long pass, quick feet, but isn’t a great tracker back in fact he’s poor.
Allan is hard as nails, very committed and has a great attitude, but is prone to a loose pass.
I would be very surprised if we didn’t see both back at hibs before the end of the season.
Hopefully the loans at Edinburgh are short term till the break.

JimBHibees
29-08-2022, 05:05 PM

Absolutely and also taking into account these young players will develop more by playing rather than sitting on the bench. Tait was at Killie and wasn't a regular in the championship and has been injured recently however would be great if he can break into the first team. Maybe a short loan then compete more in Jan.

Alfred E Newman
29-08-2022, 05:24 PM
I can't remember any worries about throwing in Jimmy O'Rourke, Peter Cormack, Peter Marinello, to name only a few. If anything the game was tougher then with far more contact allowed.

Callum_62
29-08-2022, 05:28 PM
I can't remember any worries about throwing in Jimmy O'Rourke, Peter Cormack, Peter Marinello, to name only a few. If anything the game was tougher then with far more contact allowed.Good point

Im sure nothing has changed in 50 years [emoji23][emoji23]

FilipinoHibs
29-08-2022, 08:39 PM
Another of LJ's bad decisions letting one of the most promising midfielders go out on loan and keeping the other away from the first team.

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2022, 05:53 AM
I can't remember any worries about throwing in Jimmy O'Rourke, Peter Cormack, Peter Marinello, to name only a few. If anything the game was tougher then with far more contact allowed.

Game was far more basic then that it is now.

Greenbeard
30-08-2022, 03:27 PM
One youngster getting blooded in amongst a midfield of seasoned pros is always more likely to feel shackled by the pressure than seamlessly slot in.
However, if three eager youngsters are blooded at the same time then the pressure is shared three ways and maybe the shackles off.
I said it at the time, but that's what we should have done for our five bottom six games end of last season.

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2022, 03:33 PM
One youngster getting blooded in amongst a midfield of seasoned pros is always more likely to feel shackled by the pressure than seamlessly slot in.
However, if three eager youngsters are blooded at the same time then the pressure is shared three ways and maybe the shackles off.
I said it at the time, but that's what we should have done for our five bottom six games end of last season.

Yep, 100% agree. Was daft to persist with the same old players we all knew. Newell, Hanlon etc. Should've had youngsters playing those matches, especially after we won the first one.

JimBHibees
31-08-2022, 07:20 AM

Think it should be easier blooding a youngster alongside experienced players such as a young player alongside Daz at the back who can help them through the game. Problem in midfield is I think the more seasoned players aren't great themselves

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2022, 10:56 PM
The noise about Tait has come from the support. There had been nothing to indicate that he's unhappy and in fact I asked Ron Gordon specifically about Tait and he explained that the player has a very clear development plan with the club and they see him as a talent for the future (this was on the back of me asking if signing Mackay and Tait should be considered failures given their lack of first team impact).

My take on that is that the player and the club have an agreed plan in place for him and he's not kicking off about not getting a game in the first team yet.

mefinks that Kean will know the standards - performance, discipline, skill, attitude AND importantly at Hibs right now (and forever?) -resilience… so perhaps the right blend is still brewing?