PDA

View Full Version : Chill…

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2022, 04:53 PM
…it’s early doors in a transitional season. Let’s relax, and enjoy the journey. It’ll click together soon. I’m confident.

coldingham hibs
27-08-2022, 04:57 PM
…it’s early doors in a transitional season. Let’s relax, and enjoy the journey. It’ll click together soon. I’m confident.

😱 too many issues for it to click soon.

Scottie
27-08-2022, 04:59 PM
I’m with you Bob. Too early in the season for bed wetting.

As D:ream once sang ‘Things can only get better’ :agree:

zitelli62
27-08-2022, 05:04 PM
Hope you're right but just can't see the signs.

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2022, 05:05 PM
It feels just like last season; I'm already disheartened. We just have to hope for the best.

mcfly
27-08-2022, 05:06 PM

Only a matter of time before your called a bed wetter if you criticise the team.

This lot are rubbish, they couldn’t even get out the easiest group in the league cup.

Midfield is a joke and we keep playing a centre half who’s best days are well behind him.

You keep on being a happy clapper though cause this lot are bottom 4

Key West
27-08-2022, 05:08 PM

It's a permanent transition.

LunasBoots
27-08-2022, 05:09 PM
Cant, same midfield problems that need changed, no clinical finisher either if Boyle isnt on his game.

Libby Hibby
27-08-2022, 05:10 PM
We’re utter dug *****e

A Hi-Bee
27-08-2022, 05:10 PM
It's a permanent transition.

More like a transistor radio stuck on the same station.
:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-08-2022, 05:11 PM

The problem being we're transitioning in the wrong direction.

Key West
27-08-2022, 05:16 PM
More like a transistor radio stuck on the same station.
:greengrin

A revolving door.

RIP
27-08-2022, 05:22 PM
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job

And repeat ……….:

Nakedmanoncrack
27-08-2022, 05:29 PM

Nice one, caught a few with this 🤣

LeithMike
27-08-2022, 05:29 PM
That sequence breaks when we happen on appointing decent managers and we go on a short upward spiral before it all implodes.

We're not going to get a good manager now as nobody with a track record will work for our owners and it appears they just want a coach to play the players they sign.

Sad days.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
27-08-2022, 05:30 PM
Sign decent players that win a few games and the fans will be happy.

The mess we are in is absolutely not the fault of the fans. Utter BS to try and suggest otherwise.

Fuzzywuzzy
27-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Maloney never even got a transitional season.

neil7908
27-08-2022, 05:35 PM

We have until 1st September to sort out 3/4 quality, 1st Team players. But right now this isn't a team that's even slightly close to clicking imo.

I also don't have any faith in the recruitment dept to deliver.

GloriousHibs
27-08-2022, 05:40 PM
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job

And repeat ……….:

Hear you, but we break the cycle by signing players with proven pedigree, rather than a spin of the roulette wheel for the most part .

Nicho87
27-08-2022, 05:40 PM
How long did you clap for at full time?

Chorley Hibee
27-08-2022, 05:41 PM
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job

And repeat ……….:

I knew it wouldn't be long before the fans got the blame and not the people responsible for this mess.

Laughable!

HoboHarry
27-08-2022, 05:43 PM
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job

And repeat ……….:
But but but but but but but but ........it'll be different next time........

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-08-2022, 05:49 PM
Nice one, caught a few with this 🤣

The minute I think DBS is being particularly serious on here it'll be time to give up.

neil7908
27-08-2022, 05:50 PM
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job
Sign new players
Fans say they’re crap
Morale goes down
Club suffers
Manager loses job

And repeat ……….:

Only two new signings started today though. Maybe you should take it up with the manager as he's the one that doesn't rate the new players as he isn't picking them.

That the fans fault as well?

Tully
27-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Just got to accept we are ***** and look no better than last season

hibIBZ
27-08-2022, 05:56 PM
Is it transitional when 8 of the starting 11 were here at the start of last season?
That being a season where we were well of the pace.

heretoday
27-08-2022, 06:01 PM

It's true.

Nemo
27-08-2022, 06:04 PM

Exactly well said….it’ll click just in time for the championship openers next season.

stoneyburn hibs
27-08-2022, 06:12 PM
The minute I think DBS is being particularly serious on here it'll be time to give up.

As in a Jambo?

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-08-2022, 06:16 PM
As in a Jambo?

Eh?

Zambernardi1875
27-08-2022, 06:17 PM
Maloney never even got a transitional season.

Bang on. I keep saying it, like I kept saying Jack Ross was bad for business but maloney got a terrible deal, 1 winter window, loads of injuries no Boyle and would without doubt produce better results than Johnson. I’m worried LG is t learning from any mistakes since coming here

RIP
27-08-2022, 06:19 PM
Well done DBS.

Reeled in a few of the usual subjects who trot out the false narrative that the players we have are rubbish and all we need to do is sign better players blah! blah! blah!

Their social media campaign aims to keep the club in a continuous funk and drag down morale. Which is exactly why they do it.

The rank and file Hibs supporters are prepared to back the present squad but our efforts are continually undermined by the attack dogs who are only happy when we are in torment. Go into any of these threads and it’s the same posters over and over again. So predictable!!

The fact is that we only sign players that want to play for Hibs. Once they pull on the shirt, our job is to support them evermore.

Lago
27-08-2022, 06:58 PM
I'm not

Key West
27-08-2022, 07:05 PM
Well done DBS.

Reeled in a few of the usual subjects who trot out the false narrative that the players we have are rubbish and all we need to do is sign better players blah! blah! blah!

Their social media campaign aims to keep the club in a continuous funk and drag down morale. Which is exactly why they do it.

The rank and file Hibs supporters are prepared to back the present squad but our efforts are continually undermined by the attack dogs who are only happy when we are in torment. Go into any of these threads and it’s the same posters over and over again. So predictable!!

The fact is that we only sign players that want to play for Hibs. Once they pull on the shirt, our job is to support them evermore.

I think you are over playing the influence of posters on the board, it's just a bunch of opinions and some are more extreme than others, sometimes that works the other way.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Well done DBS.

We’re you at the game today?

The reaction of the Hibs crowd at full time was not good. And even worse when you consider it’s still August.

The folk who watch week in, week out won’t be fooled. Johnson found that out at about 16:55 today.

Nothing to do with social media.

Tambo
27-08-2022, 07:14 PM
The season we finished third we had a decent keeper with a good defence mixed in with a midfield with a bit of steel in Gogic and Irvine added with goals from Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle.

Since we lost at Ibrox in the Ryan Porteous game we have been the complete opposite.

Marshall is a decent keeper and Boyle has scored a few since returning 😁

Bostonhibby
27-08-2022, 07:14 PM
I'm convinced that midfield formation is going to click any season soon.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

buktapurple79
27-08-2022, 07:25 PM
…its early doors in a transitional season. Let’s relax, and enjoy the journey. It’ll click together soon. I’m confident.

Widcha here Boab, loadsay cats need a chill - get behind the club, we are the club, we sell well, give LJ a chance with the squad, early days :agree:

buktapurple79
27-08-2022, 07:26 PM
The season we finished third we had a decent keeper with a good defence mixed in with a midfield with a bit of steel in Gogic and Irvine added with goals from Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle.

Since we lost at Ibrox in the Ryan Porteous game we have been the complete opposite.

Marshall is a decent keeper and Boyle has scored a few since returning 😁

100 this :agree:

LustForLeith
27-08-2022, 07:31 PM

They also sang Take Me Away..

Shrekko
27-08-2022, 08:08 PM
We’re you at the game today?

The reaction of the Hibs crowd at full time was not good. And even worse when you consider it’s still August.

The folk who watch week in, week out won’t be fooled. Johnson found that out at about 16:55 today.

Nothing to do with social media.

Social media does contribute to the seemingly constant negativity around the place.

Hibs fans are well entitled to vent their feelings but at some point we need to show a little patience and a bit of blind loyalty or we’ll never get out of this endless cycle. The only time we ever seem to get a positivity refresh is when we get relegated.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-08-2022, 08:12 PM
Well done DBS.

This will reel a few in, hilarious :greengrin

B.H.F.C
27-08-2022, 08:15 PM
Social media does contribute to the seemingly constant negativity around the place.

Hibs fans are well entitled to vent their feelings but at some point we need to show a little patience and a bit of blind loyalty or we’ll never get out of this endless cycle. The only time we ever seem to get a positivity refresh is when we get relegated.

Blind loyalty was a sold out away end today.

The support has been ****ing fantastic home and away.

You’re continual attempts to have a dig at our support are pathetic.

Bostonhibby
27-08-2022, 08:17 PM
This will reel a few in, hilarious :greengrinIt's almost as if folk can't think for themselves and decide when and how to contribute to DBS's thought provoking contributions.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

loanheadhibby
27-08-2022, 08:22 PM

why would we better than last year when 9 of the starting 11 played last season. The fans always have hope but these guys let us down last year & are now letting us down this year. If 9 of these players start next season, they will let us down then as well.

You can’t polish a jobby.

Ronniekirk
27-08-2022, 08:28 PM
Just watched the highlights It’s hard to find many positives to be honest
First time they have beat us there since 2017
It’s all very well saying be patient but as Mikey Stewart said Five games in and I don’t know what it is hibs are trying to do
Johnson saying we need quality ready to hit the ground running players but money may not be there
Yes it’s early doors but as things stand it’s not looking great
Wasn’t at the game but all my st Mirren mates saying thsts one of the worst hibs performances they have seen

Is It On....
27-08-2022, 08:37 PM

I hope so because as The Clash once sang, Ron has "Complete Control" and it doesn't look like our Head of Recruitment is going to have to look at different "Career Opportunities" any time soon...

Sadly I think this season looks like it could go "Straight To Hell" without a new attacking midfielder ☹️

One Day Soon
27-08-2022, 09:23 PM
Well done DBS.

Umm...

Steve20
27-08-2022, 09:28 PM
The players are garbage
Manager is a buffoon
Ownership is embarrassing. He has no idea about a football club.

If you think that’s transition, then good for you. But you’ll wake up when the club continues to be utter disgraceful on the pitch and be lucky to avoid relegation.

Club is a shambles. An utter shambles.

mcfly
27-08-2022, 09:32 PM

Patience??

It’s the same defence and same midfield.

They’re rubbish and need moved on

ClermistonGreen
27-08-2022, 09:38 PM
I hope so because as The Clash once sang, Ron has "Complete Control" and it doesn't look like our Head of Recruitment is going to have to look at different "Career Opportunities" any time soon...

Sadly I think this season looks like it could go "Straight To Hell" without a new attacking midfielder ☹️
Think “ All lost in the supermarket “

judas
27-08-2022, 10:13 PM

You may be right.

But what happened to the intelligent and eloquent Dashing Bob of old?

It’s like you’ve handed over to someone else.

These days your posts are about as thought provoking as a jobie on Easter Road.

I’ll bump your effort anyway.

phoenixfire
27-08-2022, 11:03 PM

We have problems in midfield . Players who we want to move on are on long contracts and it's not easy to move them on . Johnson said he needn't time .2 or 3 ,or 3 or 4 transfer windows. It was a brutal performance no doubting that but only a week ago every one was praising our team and recruitment and everything else too now we worse team in league , going to get relegated . Still think we will finish top six and people need to calm down Abit . Early days yet!

The Pointer
27-08-2022, 11:34 PM
Thing is, we look towards Aberdeen as our nearest rivals, but for the past few years they've been outpacing us despite struggling themselves at times.

When Jim Goodwin was appointed manager I was surprised they'd chosen him from 'lowly' St. Mirren and thought what a poor appointment he was - but what do I know? They had some poor performances early on but never seemed to go on a terminal dive the way Hibs do, and now today they whop Livi 5-0, the team which beat us, an unusual scoreline but the way we expect our team to be dealing out defeats to other teams every now and then.

We've got a new set-up behind the scenes which we all thought would change things for the better and bring some consistency to performances but has singularly failed to materialise. We're now on the third manager (or is it two - I forget how many) appointed by this ownership team and yet we are going through the same depressing roundabout of extremely poor performances followed by fans bitter reaction at the end of games, which is bound to have an effect on everyone at the club. Our managers say they need a period of time to let their new players gel, but this doesn't happen with 'big' clubs so why do we accept that from a new Hibs manager? We don't even get a new manager 'bounce'.

Have we lost the heart of our team? When new players come in they must assume there's a nucleus of long serving players to provide a backbone? Hanlon was poor today, Porteous was shocking and is losing us games and Lewie wasn't on long enough to change things. The big, daft laddie has yet to grow up and his antics, falling over and rolling around is embarrassing. We couldn't get seats in the Hibs end so got tickets at the Hibs corner of the Main Stand and that in itself gives you some idea of where away fans are coming from in their criticism of him, and it's justified - he's not a big ticket item any more.

Random comments as follows:
Cabraja was poor from the start and was quite different from the dynamic player we saw in Perth. I wonder about the impact of his recent bereavement, in which case should he have played?
I thought Newell did his best in an indifferent midfield and did try.
Jake Two-Dads was like a heidless chicken.
Boyle was closed down every time in the second half.
Miller lost the ball with his first two touches when he came on.
Why did Johnson leave the changes till so late in the game?
St. Mirren bossed us from the outset and their skill sets were superior and played with a vigour we can only dream about.
They were also much more direct than us creating more space for their runners.
We lost just about every 50/50 ball.
Why do so many players collapse at the merest contact? Dicks.
Campbell screaming at the Linesman late on when he clearly put the ball out for a by-kick.
Fantastic Hibs support.
Some of the comments from the Buddie's Old Team behind us were pretty brutal towards Hibs, but bloody funny.
Unusually, the ref was ok.

Since452
27-08-2022, 11:37 PM
Thing is, we look towards Aberdeen as our nearest rivals, but for the past few years they've been outpacing us despite struggling themselves at times.

When Jim Goodwin was appointed manager I was surprised they'd chosen him from 'lowly' St. Mirren and thought what a poor appointment he was - but what do I know? They had some poor performances early on but never seemed to go on a terminal dive the way Hibs do, and now today they whop Livi 5-0, the team which beat us, an unusual scoreline but the way we expect our team to be dealing out defeats to other teams every now and then.

We've got a new set-up behind the scenes which we all thought would change things for the better and bring some consistency to performances but has singularly failed to materialise. We're now on the third manager (or is it two - I forget how many) appointed by this ownership team and yet we are going through the same depressing roundabout of extremely poor performances followed by fans bitter reaction at the end of games, which is bound to have an effect on everyone at the club. Our managers say they need a period of time to let their new players gel, but this doesn't happen with 'big' clubs so why do we accept that from a new Hibs manager? We don't even get a new manager 'bounce'.

Have we lost the heart of our team? When new players come in they must assume there's a nucleus of long serving players to provide a backbone? Hanlon was poor today, Porteous was shocking and is losing us games and Lewie wasn't on long enough to change things. The big, daft laddie has yet to grow up and his antics, falling over and rolling around is embarrassing. We couldn't get seats in the Hibs end so got tickets at the Hibs corner of the Main Stand and that in itself gives you some idea of where away fans are coming from in their criticism of him, and it's justified - he's not a big ticket item any more.

Random comments as follows:
Cabraja was poor from the start and was quite different from the dynamic player we saw in Perth. I wonder about the impact of his recent bereavement, in which case should he have played?
I thought Newell did his best in an indifferent midfield and did try.
Jake Two-Dads was like a heidless chicken.
Boyle was closed down every time in the second half.
Miller lost the ball with his first two touches when he came on.
Why did Johnson leave the changes till so late in the game?
St. Mirren bossed us from the outset and their skill sets were superior and played with a vigour we can only dream about.
They were also much more direct than us creating more space for their runners.
We lost just about every 50/50 ball.
Why do so many players collapse at the merest contact? Dicks.
Campbell screaming at the Linesman late on when he clearly put the ball out for a by-kick.
Fantastic Hibs support.
Some of the comments from the Buddie's Old Team behind us were pretty brutal towards Hibs, but bloody funny.
Unusually, the ref was ok.

Have they? They've finished behind us two seasons running.

BH1875
27-08-2022, 11:50 PM
You really wonder who is scouting/buying these players. If bojang can’t get a game ahead of doidge he really must be piss poor, cos he is absolutely useless. Midfield 3 of Josh jdh and newell proved once again to be totally unfit for purpose. I go home and away with my partner and son but getting really disillusioned with these performances. I absolutely love Porto and have defended him to the hilt but his start to the season has been atrocious. Really worried for us this season. If not for the Boyle signing we would be really in the mud. I really like Johnson but he needs a good win very soon.

e2los
28-08-2022, 08:23 AM
Hopefully we are in a better position after the next 2 games and have Magennis to help the midfield.
Another result like yesterday would be brutal.

PompeyHibs
28-08-2022, 09:01 AM
I was optimistic after Hearts & The Rangers game and lets be honest if we had a decent striker / rub of the green we would have beaten Livi as we bettered them 2nd half!

I think we have enough to stay up but this stinks of a 9/8/7th place finish!
Ggtth

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2022, 12:23 PM
Well either you believe that things will improve under Johnson or you don’t. If you don’t, then replace him with who? It just isn’t going to happen. Gordon’s credibility would be massively compromised and nobody other than the deeply flawed or totally desperate will be lining up to work with him. So who do we replace Johnson with?

If you think the problem is Gordon, then who do you replace him with? A new buyer? Who? Fan ownership? Let’s hear the plans.

There’s practically nothing sensible to do at this stage other than back the manager and the team.

No, I don’t think losses at Livingston and Paisley are acceptable for Hibs and they aren’t the results of a top six side so far. But we need to believe those will improve and to get the first quarter of the season done before we start overreacting.

Jones28
28-08-2022, 12:44 PM
A culture has developed around football where transitional seasons are no longer allowed. I’d love to “chill” but I don’t think the board will see things in the same way. I’m worried about us sliding down the table rather than maintaining a level that would define a transitional season.

JimBHibees
28-08-2022, 12:44 PM

Agree

#2 Double Tap
28-08-2022, 12:47 PM

I was feeling like that, but after st mirren alarms bells are starting to ring again. We looked clueless yesterday, we don’t have enough shots or create enough chances….the midfield hasn’t changed at all, we have signed over 10 players just not for the positions we need.

Every time you start to see some progress and think we are heading in the right direction we put on a show like yesterday and it’s like jumping back 5 steps.

WestStandWillie
28-08-2022, 06:40 PM
It won’t click when the same players who’ve let us down previously keep making the same mistakes.

hibbydog
30-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Och im glad we’re this bad this early in the season. Lowers my expectations and we can only improve.

Generally Hibs will start off well, get our hopes up and let us down when it matters. Last season was textbook Hibs - great start, take the lead in a cup final before everything went seriously south after that.

Ach weel

Hibiza
30-08-2022, 06:08 PM

I'll need to change my blood pressure tablets Bob , were at the tail end of a transfer window and without a few obvious signings. Just like last year.

superfurryhibby
30-08-2022, 06:27 PM

Whoosh......:slipper:

Stubbsy90+2
30-08-2022, 06:50 PM
Well either you believe that things will improve under Johnson or you don’t. If you don’t, then replace him with who? It just isn’t going to happen. Gordon’s credibility would be massively compromised and nobody other than the deeply flawed or totally desperate will be lining up to work with him. So who do we replace Johnson with?

If you think the problem is Gordon, then who do you replace him with? A new buyer? Who? Fan ownership? Let’s hear the plans.

There’s practically nothing sensible to do at this stage other than back the manager and the team.

No, I don’t think losses at Livingston and Paisley are acceptable for Hibs and they aren’t the results of a top six side so far. But we need to believe those will improve and to get the first quarter of the season done before we start overreacting.

Our recruitment team is the core of our problems. It needs ripped up and started again, beginning with a DOF who actually has a reason to be in the post other than being the owners laddie.

Maloney got hung out to dry last season with our horrific recruitment and I honestly don’t think his time at Hibs told us anything about how good he was as a manager. The squad he was left to work with was criminal.

The exact same can be said for Johnson. Without this god awful recruitment team being binned, any manager we appoint doesn’t stand a chance.

theonlywayisup
31-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Our recruitment team is the core of our problems. It needs ripped up and started again, beginning with a DOF who actually has a reason to be in the post other than being the owners laddie.

Maloney got hung out to dry last season with our horrific recruitment and I honestly don’t think his time at Hibs told us anything about how good he was as a manager. The squad he was left to work with was criminal.

The exact same can be said for Johnson. Without this god awful recruitment team being binned, any manager we appoint doesn’t stand a chance.

Yes, fully agree, but why stop at the recruitment team. Surely RG is to blame as well.

Last season at this time, it was pretty obvious that we needed another attacker and that was before Doidge got injured. We also need back-up at central defence and in midfield.

We sacked Ross and replaced him with a rookie manager. We should have supported him by getting in some seasoned professionals, but then sold our best player (by far) and recruited youngsters.

This season is a repeat of last season in failing to strengthen the areas that need improvement, whilst purchasing a lot of young inexperienced players.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2022, 03:48 PM
… or get ill.