PDA

View Full Version : NHC Warbrton sacked in the morning

hibees 7062
22-08-2022, 09:18 PM
https://youtu.be/Mb6Vhmnkxkc?t=4 m . Resigned or emptied ?

Jim44
23-08-2022, 08:42 AM
https://youtu.be/Mb6Vhmnkxkc?t=4 m . Resigned or emptied ?

“Nobody would walk out on Rangers”. Stephen Gerrard, anyone?

overdrive
23-08-2022, 08:56 AM
Interesting that he thought he’d “only” get £50k if he sued them.

They obviously realised they couldn’t afford to sack them so banked on them not fancying going through the hassle of taking them to court.

Centre Hawf
23-08-2022, 09:18 AM

They obviously realised they couldn’t afford to sack them so banked on them not fancying going through the hassle of taking them to court.

Probably a clause in his contract meant he was only due the next X months worth of his wages whenever sacked and maybe realised that the legal fees for him to claim it meant it wasn't worth the hassle as he says.

A poor way to treat anyone but what do you expect from that lot.

MWHIBBIES
23-08-2022, 09:26 AM

They could definitely afford to sack him.
They're not exactly poor.

overdrive
23-08-2022, 10:45 AM
They could definitely afford to sack him.
They're not exactly poor.

Were they at the time though? Was that not when Ashley was up to funny business with them?

JimBHibees
23-08-2022, 10:47 AM
Was this the one where Rangers released his mobile number and he was bombarded all the way home down south. Classy stuff.

truehibernian
23-08-2022, 11:11 AM

I’d hazard a guess that it had nothing to do with money (civil action) and more to do with the chronic abuse he and his family would suffer throughout proceedings, exacerbated if he won - which he would if this story is to be believed. He’s self made and not daft.

JeMeSouviens
23-08-2022, 11:12 AM
Almost feel sorry for the Baldy Fanny. :greengrin

bingo70
23-08-2022, 11:24 AM
I’d hazard a guess that it had nothing to do with money (civil action) and more to do with the chronic abuse he and his family would suffer throughout proceedings, exacerbated if he won - which he would if this story is to be believed. He’s self made and not daft.

Would also cost him a huge amount in legal fees if it didn’t win for whatever reason.

Winner of these cases isn’t always the person that’s right.

truehibernian
23-08-2022, 11:39 AM
Would also cost him a huge amount in legal fees if it didn’t win for whatever reason.

Winner of these cases isn’t always the person that’s right.

Very true Bingo, that said, if he’s had his resignation accepted and he’s claiming he didn’t resign (he’s alleging fabricated termination of contract), my money would be on him, especially that he’s gone public - as I say he’s not daft and has come from a very corporate and litigious world of private finance before football. When was that Radio Scotland interview? I’d expect The Rangers to defend themselves- they do love a good statement 😀

MWHIBBIES
23-08-2022, 11:45 AM
Were they at the time though? Was that not when Ashley was up to funny business with them?

They sell 45k season tickets. They can afford to bin a gaffer.

Zambernardi1875
23-08-2022, 11:52 AM

How much would he got paid if sacked?

jacomo
23-08-2022, 12:14 PM

Yup, I imagine Sevco would have played very nasty indeed if he’d taken them to court.

hibees 7062
23-08-2022, 12:35 PM
Almost feel sorry for the Baldy Fanny. :greengrin

Shocking. Especially after winning the Scottish cup

Mcbizz1998
23-08-2022, 12:43 PM
Anyone who deals with that disgusting club deserves everything they get. No sympathy.

23-08-2022, 07:28 PM

Season ticket sales are not a gauge for what a club can or cannot afford. Their season ticket sales didn't prevent them racking up debt of £100m+ and going into liquidation just a few years prior to the Warburton sacking/resigning situation.

hibstag
24-08-2022, 01:51 PM
Shocking. Especially after winning the Scottish cup

He could have sold ‘the hat’ to reclaim some monies owed.
Unfortunately he did not have a wand to offload too…