PDA

View Full Version : Lee the boss

lenny leith
22-08-2022, 03:17 PM
I’m well impressed with Lee Johnson. I really enjoyed my football again. After all the mess last season I think the Hibs team are exciting and getting better every week. Just remember the happy fans after the matches against Hertz and huns. Ok we never beat Livi but cmon after last season we will win more games as they get stronger and gel this team together. Anyway I’m a happy clapper now.

Unseen work
22-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Said it as soon as he made the subs on Saturday that no matter what happened as a result of them I was impressed.

How many managers would have the courage to make 2 subs half an hour in against rangers when it’s 0-0? How many would be happy with keeping them at bay despite hardly threatening ourselves?

He has a clear style of play and knows exactly what he wants no matter who it’s against, for him to make changes against rangers to impose our game on them is a breath of fresh air.

I really like him as a whole too and think he’ll be very good for us in the long run, just needs one or two signings and some good luck with injuries!

His genuine honestly in interview is also refreshing

lenny leith
22-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Said it as soon as he made the subs on Saturday that no matter what happened as a result of them I was impressed.

How many managers would have the courage to make 2 subs half an hour in against rangers when it’s 0-0? How many would be happy with keeping them at bay despite hardly threatening ourselves?

He has a clear style of play and knows exactly what he wants no matter who it’s against, for him to make changes against rangers to impose our game on them is a breath of fresh air.

I really like him as a whole too and think he’ll be very good for us in the long run, just needs one or two signings and some good luck with injuries!

His genuine honestly in interview is also refreshing

I agree 100%. Exactly he knows what he is doing and he changes it when needed.

Helensburghhibs
22-08-2022, 03:53 PM
I like how he has stated he is unhappy with the start to the season even though he could have played on the euphoria of the late goals we have had. Especially with them coning in such big games

Since452
22-08-2022, 03:54 PM
Can't help but like the guy but more importantly than that I think we've potentially got a right good manager. It's early days but I can see what he's trying to do which is refreshing.

Northernhibee
22-08-2022, 03:57 PM
He feels a lot less scripted than a lot of managers in interviews. Quite open and honest. Even if the football isn’t what he wants us to play there are signs of a good attitude, three injury time goals show a belief and determination in the team. Keen to honour his promise of the football he’s promised the fans.

The stupidly short pre season worked against him more than most managers this season. So many new players learning a new system, formations, tactics and expectations is always a tough task.

Last season set us back a mile and this is pretty much a total rebuild. He’ll get it wrong from time to time but I trust and like him so far.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2022, 04:00 PM
Starting to like Johnson. In fact, starting to love him a little.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 04:04 PM
I like him more now that when we appointed him.

If we win some games I'll like him even more.

B.H.F.C
22-08-2022, 04:20 PM
I like him more now that when we appointed him.

If we win some games I'll like him even more.

Definitely needs to get some wins under his belt.

There are some decent signs. I liked what he did during the Rangers game and I liked his comments (about not being happy) after it.

I think we’ve signed some decent players and I don’t actually think we’re a million miles away. A first pick midfielder could make an absolutely huge difference for me. Hopefully we get these ready made players he mentioned on Saturday. If we do, we have a chance of doing something in the league, especially with no distractions pre World Cup.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2022, 04:55 PM
I like him. He's a manager I want to do well (obviously I want them all to do well but you know what I mean).

I was a bit concerned when fans of his previous clubs said he was a bit of a slaver. I find him quite honest and refreshing. His post match comments after Saturday, when it would have been easy to say everything was great after a last minute equaliser were heartening, he wants better. His public demands of the recruitment team and the board suggest he knows what he wants in that department as well. I daresay some of his comments will get a bit more frustrating if we keep losing at the likes of Livi but for now I like hearing from him.

There is work to be done. We are still a fair bit away from being a really good side but the manager seems to realise that which is promising. Get him his 2 players and I think some of the positivity and hypothetical 'not far aways' will start to translate into wins on the board.

brog
22-08-2022, 05:48 PM
Starting to like Johnson. In fact, starting to love him a little.

I expected you to say you liked the cut of his jib! I certainly do! Love his honesty and his courage.

ZitellZeTime
22-08-2022, 11:52 PM
Definitely needs to get some wins under his belt.

There are some decent signs. I liked what he did during the Rangers game and I liked his comments (about not being happy) after it.

I think we’ve signed some decent players and I don’t actually think we’re a million miles away. A first pick midfielder could make an absolutely huge difference for me. Hopefully we get these ready made players he mentioned on Saturday. If we do, we have a chance of doing something in the league, especially with no distractions pre World Cup.

I hope so too, but sounded more like an plea so the fans know he knows we're a couple first team ready short and knows where we need them, they mentioned going a bit over the budget so unless anyone moves on, I hope we do bring in two for the first team, cm and a central striker for me but if not and maybe Gordon meets half way and we can bring in then I'd pick a cm too, going to take a while gor Magennis to get match sharp again and there is the obvious potential that he could once again get injured. Great player but if we rely on him and he gets injured we're just going with the same midfield we've had for over a year now.

If we can only bring in the one deffo a cm and I'd probably try Melkerson through the middle with Youan and Boyle on either side, think he would do much better as a striker with the service he would be getting from them cutting inside, and balls into the box. Playing totally different style from last season and he won't be so isolated up there, think he looks a little out of place on the outside but think Youan can play anywhere along the front line and look good. Might not work but think it would be better shout than trying Doidge there. If we could get someone to take doidge then maybe we could bring in two but im sure I read on here couple months back that LJ told him he was ok with him leaving but he wants to stay here. I may be wrong like but sure I read that on here from a few different comments.

Since452
23-08-2022, 05:21 AM
I'm not holding the lack of wins against him right now. We've had three very difficult fixtures in a row. Hearts and Rangers are starting from a position miles ahead of us in terms of their projects and Livi away is historically difficult. St Johnstone I expected to win and we did. I now expect us to go and beat St Mirren and Killie. I only think we'll improve.

Winston Ingram
23-08-2022, 05:37 AM
I wasn’t keen on him as an appointment but I’m certainly warming to him. His tactical changes and subs on Saturday were excellent.

Unseen work
23-08-2022, 07:26 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9345544/inside-hibs-lee-johnson-app-dyson-guardiola-mourinho/

Very interesting article.

Seems a very intelligent guy and the sort of clarity that will be in that app will only help our players.

Since452
23-08-2022, 08:09 AM
He's a breath of fresh air after Maloneys 'rabbit in the headlights' persona and Ross's dour personality.

basehibby
23-08-2022, 12:35 PM
AS one of the minority that favoured Lee's appointment over that of JDT I am starting to experience a warm feeling of smugness lols. I won't pretend that I knew exactly what we were getting but I thought his career progression, experience of Scotland, and rep for attacking football all stood him in good stead, and after a bumpy start which saw us depart early from the League Cup I'm liking what I'm seeing more as the weeks go by.

It's still early days but I get the feeling that Lee may well exceed my expectations and have us all purring before too long. I've noticed real change in the style of football we are seeing such that we are far more on the front foot than under Maloney or Ross. Also he comes across really well as a personality and I've liked the look of the signings he's brought in - indicating he has a good feel of the quality and nature of the league and knows what's required to compete (NB - credit to all the staff involved for this but I hope and suspect that Johnson has large influence and the final say).

Hopefully the improvement on the pitch and good judgement in the transfer market continues and my own personal smugness factor can grow unabated as the games unfold :greengrin

phoenixfire
24-08-2022, 11:53 PM
AS one of the minority that favoured Lee's appointment over that of JDT I am starting to experience a warm feeling of smugness lols. I won't pretend that I knew exactly what we were getting but I thought his career progression, experience of Scotland, and rep for attacking football all stood him in good stead, and after a bumpy start which saw us depart early from the League Cup I'm liking what I'm seeing more as the weeks go by.

It's still early days but I get the feeling that Lee may well exceed my expectations and have us all purring before too long. I've noticed real change in the style of football we are seeing such that we are far more on the front foot than under Maloney or Ross. Also he comes across really well as a personality and I've liked the look of the signings he's brought in - indicating he has a good feel of the quality and nature of the league and knows what's required to compete (NB - credit to all the staff involved for this but I hope and suspect that Johnson has large influence and the final say).

Hopefully the improvement on the pitch and good judgement in the transfer market continues and my own personal smugness factor can grow unabated as the games unfold :greengrin

I was the same wanted Johnson too over other guy mainly down to watching his team beat utd ,praise from man city boss , style of football which I love hibs playing too which is attacking football since last two managers finally I think we have a good one ,A very good one . Think the future looks bright ,think it's GREEN and WHITE::flag::flag::flag:

Stuart93
25-08-2022, 12:00 AM
I’m going to wait until we get a few more wins on the board before I start gushing over LJ.

We’ve done alright so far but I don’t think it’s been any better than that. Next few games will be crucial for picking up points.

Definitely seems there’s more togetherness in the squad

phoenixfire
25-08-2022, 12:30 AM
I’m going to wait until we get a few more wins on the board before I start gushing over LJ.

We’ve done alright so far but I don’t think it’s been any better than that. Next few games will be crucial for picking up points.

Definitely seems there’s more togetherness in the squad

You have every right to wait on next few games and they are crucial no doubt .We have a togetherness that's there to be seen also a never say die spirit ,Don't think we would have seen this with last two managers . Lee Johnson is a good manager , he stated that he needs time ,he will have a blip or bad result at some stage as for me when he has it I am still going to back him 100% . Felt after Livy game to many started moaning about him.

BoomtownHibees
25-08-2022, 07:31 AM
You have every right to wait on next few games and they are crucial no doubt .We have a togetherness that's there to be seen also a never say die spirit ,Don't think we would have seen this with last two managers . Lee Johnson is a good manager , he stated that he needs time ,he will have a blip or bad result at some stage as for me when he has it I am still going to back him 100% . Felt after Livy game to many started moaning about him.

We need to get back to a stage when the reaction to every defeat isn’t as bad as it is just now. Obviously getting a number of wins on the board should help with that however we are going to lose some games. Folk need to accept that and not go calling for the managers head or that every single player is ***** after every bad result

patlowe
25-08-2022, 08:18 AM
Time will tell how he does as the manager, and he's certainly made a couple of big errors to go along with the successful results.

What I would say though is that I love hearing the manager speak after a game and feeling like what he said reflects what we all saw on the pitch. Very honest and fair about the team, how the game went, refereeing decisions etc. This is a departure (to varying degrees) from the previous two incumbents and a breath of fresh air. Martindale is similar actually, perhaps with a little less jargon :greengrin

RIP
25-08-2022, 03:12 PM
We need to get back to a stage when the reaction to every defeat isn’t as bad as it is just now. Obviously getting a number of wins on the board should help with that however we are going to lose some games. Folk need to accept that and not go calling for the managers head or that every single player is ***** after every bad result

This!!

When you have as new and as young a squad as we do, our role as supporters is to get behind them. In football you lose, you draw and you win. In a boxing match you get hurt or knocked down. In an athletics race many compete but only one wins.

A sportsman learns pretty early on to cope with getting beat or knocked down. So do we as supporters. We all accept that in a transitional season we might lose more than we win. So the challenge for us all is - are we a strong and tough support or one who cry and wail after every loss? Do we give unstinting support to the players as long as they fight for every ball?

This season we will need to show plenty steel in this club - on the park, in the stands and on the forums. The support at the matches has been great so far, and I see signs of that starting to be reflected on this board.

Hibbyradge
25-08-2022, 03:46 PM
I’m well impressed with Lee Johnson. I really enjoyed my football again. After all the mess last season I think the Hibs team are exciting and getting better every week. Just remember the happy fans after the matches against Hertz and huns. Ok we never beat Livi but cmon after last season we will win more games as they get stronger and gel this team together. Anyway I’m a happy clapper now.

You can't just simply become a happy clapper. You either are one or you're not.

Same applies to bed wetters/doom and gloomers.

It's intrinsic.

You, however, are neither. You are currently happy, which is, I would say, a very good thing.

A doom and gloomer, however, would tell you that the so called"happy" feeling will be temporary. I'm experiencing depressed feelings even writing that!

However, if your feelings of joy, excitement and happiness continue during an extended slump, then maybe your status can be elevated, possibly as high as honorary happy clapper!

Lots to look forward to.