PDA

View Full Version : Current ST Prices

King Cosell
22-08-2022, 06:38 AM
Season tickets still on sale, but pricing chart the club are showing is from before the season started. Surely a £420 ticket is now around £375. Or less because the 2 games we've had are category A.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2022, 06:43 AM
Season tickets still on sale, but pricing chart the club are showing is from before the season started. Surely a £420 ticket is now around £375. Or less because the 2 games we've had are category A.

Ron the Don didn’t get where he is today giving people discount :greengrin

Worth a try though

Hibernian Verse
22-08-2022, 06:52 AM
[email protected]

The Spaceman
22-08-2022, 06:59 AM

Snooze you lose until the Half STs go on sale. Otherwise, you could feasibly have seasons where there are e.g. no Hearts/Celtic/Rangers home games for a while and fans sitting on their hands until those games (or when they come back from a summer holiday!) to buy, losing the club valuable revenue.

wookie70
22-08-2022, 08:30 AM
I think there should be a discount if a fan can show they went to the home games and have now decided to commit to a ST.

HIBS NUTS
22-08-2022, 08:59 AM
Ron the Don didn’t get where he is today giving people discount :greengrin

Worth a try though

I wonder how the 2 guys that asked for a refund on their ST before the season started are getting on.

Stubbsy90+2
22-08-2022, 09:14 AM
The club should offer a discount based on the fact you’ll have missed 2 games already imo.

JimBHibees
22-08-2022, 10:35 AM
The club should offer a discount based on the fact you’ll have missed 2 games already imo.

Bound to I would have thought.

hibee-boys
22-08-2022, 10:40 AM

Yeah, I agree. Doubt there’s much, if any, financial benefit is purchasing a season ticket if you deduct those 2 games. Appreciate that saving money isn’t always the priority, I’d suspect that most of us who commit at the beginning of the season will miss a couple of games anyway on average but it hardly incentivises those who were 50/50 about signing up now🤔

BarneyBreslin
22-08-2022, 02:21 PM
Bound to I would have thought.

I checked with the TO earlier and the reply I got stated "we are unable to amend the prices once the season has started".

Just_Jimmy
22-08-2022, 02:23 PM
You've already missed a Derby and Rangers if you buy now and pay the same price as someone who renewed before the season.

Don't think Hibs will get many takers now.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

The_Exile
22-08-2022, 02:55 PM
I asked this question quite a few years ago now when we had Mowbray in charge, from memory they did take the 2 games equivalent I had missed off the price. This was all done at the ticket office though after I just turned up one day with a wad of cash. Ahhh the good old days when I had cash in my pocket :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-08-2022, 02:59 PM
I checked with the TO earlier and the reply I got stated "we are unable to amend the prices once the season has started".

Surprised about that thought you would have got season ticket at cheaper price pro rata for the games you missed.

allezsauzee
22-08-2022, 03:30 PM
If you discount ST prices, there's less incentive for fans to commit before the season starts, why not just wait and see how the season is going and then buy the ticket for a lower price. I don't think it would make commercial sense in the long term to do this.

SquashedFrogg
22-08-2022, 03:55 PM
If you discount ST prices, there's less incentive for fans to commit before the season starts, why not just wait and see how the season is going and then buy the ticket for a lower price. I don't think it would make commercial sense in the long term to do this.

Correct. The club clearly want the money in as early as possible from them going on sale.

To offer discounts after games have been played isn't a sensible move. You could potentially see significant numbers of people simply waiting until the fixtures are out and then deciding to hold off.

Although I do understand why people are asking the question.

Sir David Gray
22-08-2022, 04:31 PM
Yeah I noticed this after the Hearts game, it seems a bit off to me to be honest.

hibbyfraelibby
22-08-2022, 06:34 PM
Wonder if the Match Packs will now re-surface?

Onion
22-08-2022, 06:53 PM
Was quite impressed when Hibs emailed me after Hearts game pushing ST, capturing the moment, But felt insulted when the price was exact same as pre-season ! What kind of muppets do they employ in their Marketing Dept that they think they might just get away with that ? Shoddy.

Onion
22-08-2022, 06:57 PM

Accept that, but no one is asking for a full value discount. Some reduction for the missed games makes complete sense otherwise few will sign up - costing the club much needed £££.

Just_Jimmy
22-08-2022, 11:04 PM
Accept that, but no one is asking for a full value discount. Some reduction for the missed games makes complete sense otherwise few will sign up - costing the club much needed £££.It's not just missed games either, it's 2 of the 5, maybe 6 games you actually might need a season for.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
22-08-2022, 11:29 PM
Accept that, but no one is asking for a full value discount. Some reduction for the missed games makes complete sense otherwise few will sign up - costing the club much needed £££.

It won't cost the club anything. People will just pay the walk up prices until they buy a half season ticket.

I would bet anything that if Hibs offered discounts as the season progressed, this season we'd have had people who currently have STs, deliberately watching the hearts and Sevco games on TV at home then getting a season ticket.

Everyone knows the deal. Buy early, get a reduced price. Buy after that deadline, pay the full price or wait until December.

The club don't need the extra hassle and expense of juggling available seats for walk ups and calculating week by week discounts for folk who decide that they're Hibs supporters after all.

Just buy a season ticket or don't, but stop whinging when you inevitably miss out!

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2022, 11:49 PM

Next season I will ask if I can get my season ticket cheaper as I will miss two games for my holidays, is that not the same thing?

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2022, 06:47 AM

Will half season tickets be full price? :greengrin

Jones28
23-08-2022, 07:10 AM
It won't cost the club anything. People will just pay the walk up prices until they buy a half season ticket.

I would bet anything that if Hibs offered discounts as the season progressed, this season we'd have had people who currently have STs, deliberately watching the hearts and Sevco games on TV at home then getting a season ticket.

Everyone knows the deal. Buy early, get a reduced price. Buy after that deadline, pay the full price or wait until December.

The club don't need the extra hassle and expense of juggling available seats for walk ups and calculating week by week discounts for folk who decide that they're Hibs supporters after all.

Just buy a season ticket or don't, but stop whinging when you inevitably miss out!

Exactly this.

hibstag
23-08-2022, 07:12 AM

I agree If anything they should be more aggressively marketed on a upward scale towards the full walk-up prices, the closer to the season start, as an incentive to get in early

Brightside
23-08-2022, 08:56 AM
Next season I will ask if I can get my season ticket cheaper as I will miss two games for my holidays, is that not the same thing?

Yes - Exactly the same thing. Or if you miss a game due to being sick can you get a refund? You can buy a Season Ticket or a Half Season Ticket. I'm not aware of a 3 games into the season ticket.

King Cosell
23-08-2022, 09:02 AM
Yes - Exactly the same thing. Or if you miss a game due to being sick can you get a refund? You can buy a Season Ticket or a Half Season Ticket. I'm not aware of a 3 games into the season ticket.

ST sales should end before the opening match. If the club want to extend the deadline, they should offer a discount.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2022, 09:19 AM
ST sales should end before the opening match. If the club want to extend the deadline, they should offer a discount.

No they shouldn’t, if folk want to buy after the season has started then fair enough but the price should remain the same.

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2022, 09:23 AM

The club can do what they like. Thats the price. You don't like the price then don't buy. No-one is forcing you.

KWJ
23-08-2022, 09:56 AM
I'm assuming the main reason they came back on sale was because of the Boyle signing.

King Cosell
23-08-2022, 10:11 AM
The club can do what they like. Thats the price. You don't like the price then don't buy. No-one is forcing you.

Got mine months ago, mate.

Stubbsy90+2
23-08-2022, 11:11 AM

Of course they can do what they like. I’d suspect people would be a lot more likely to buy them though if they weren’t paying for games that have already happened.

Stubbsy90+2
23-08-2022, 11:11 AM

It’s really not the exact same thing.

One scenario is buying tickets for games that have already taken place. With the Hearts game especially, you’re buying a ticket for a seat that was actually sold to someone else. The other is buying in advance and not being able to make it. They’re really quite different.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2022, 01:13 PM
It’s really not the exact same thing.

One scenario is buying tickets for games that have already taken place. With the Hearts game especially, you’re buying a ticket for a seat that was actually sold to someone else. The other is buying in advance and not being able to make it. They’re really quite different.

If you're on holiday for the first 2 weeks of the season, it's exactly the same thing.

I guess Hibs could introduce a rolling annual season ticket so if you buy it in October, it runs out at the end of the following September.

But for the handful of people who couldn't bring themselves to commit in July, it's not worth the hassle. It's hardly even worth this discussion.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 01:24 PM
Surprised about that thought you would have got season ticket at cheaper price pro rata for the games you missed.

There would be no point having half-season tickets then if you could just buy a discounted ST at any time of the year.

JimBHibees
23-08-2022, 02:07 PM
There would be no point having half-season tickets then if you could just buy a discounted ST at any time of the year.

Fair enough

Onion
23-08-2022, 02:22 PM
Of course they can do what they like. I’d suspect people would be a lot more likely to buy them though if they weren’t paying for games that have already happened.

Exactly. Hibs prerogative to charge what they like for STs pre and post season start. Just don't bother folk with spam emails pushing full priced Season Tickets after games have already been played. Not clever marketing or a good look :greengrin

Stubbsy90+2
23-08-2022, 04:23 PM
If you're on holiday for the first 2 weeks of the season, it's exactly the same thing.

I guess Hibs could introduce a rolling annual season ticket so if you buy it in October, it runs out at the end of the following September.

But for the handful of people who couldn't bring themselves to commit in July, it's not worth the hassle. It's hardly even worth this discussion.

But you’ll still have presumably bought that before your holiday, so it’s your choice to book a holiday and miss the games you’ve already paid for. If you can’t make something you’ve already paid for, that’s completely different to being asked to pay for an event that’s already happened, especially when someone else actually bought the seat you’re paying for for at least one of those events. I could understand it more for the rangers game since it didn’t sell out. But the hearts game was sold out and should definitely be removed from any season ticket bought going forward.

So again, it’s not the exact same thing, nowhere near it.

Greenworld
23-08-2022, 04:31 PM
There would be no point having half-season tickets then if you could just buy a discounted ST at any time of the year.I dont know t he clubs thoughts on this but its a bit strange if seater are avaiable and someone wants to buy a season ticket pro rata I dont see the problem it should be encouraged .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
23-08-2022, 05:31 PM
But you’ll still have presumably bought that before your holiday, so it’s your choice to book a holiday and miss the games you’ve already paid for. If you can’t make something you’ve already paid for, that’s completely different to being asked to pay for an event that’s already happened, especially when someone else actually bought the seat you’re paying for for at least one of those events. I could understand it more for the rangers game since it didn’t sell out. But the hearts game was sold out and should definitely be removed from any season ticket bought going forward.

So again, it’s not the exact same thing, nowhere near it.

It's exactly the same thing to me.

No-one is asking anyone to pay for events that have already happened. They're being asked to pay for a guaranteed ticket and seat for every game, plus priority for tickets for other games like semis and finals. If folk don't want that, they can pay per game which is probably the same price as a season ticket after 2 games or still more expensive.

I very much doubt that there are more than a handful of folk looking for discounted season tickets after the first 2 home games.

If any.

Onion
23-08-2022, 06:08 PM
It's exactly the same thing to me.

No-one is asking anyone to pay for events that have already happened. They're being asked to pay for a guaranteed ticket and seat for every game, plus priority for tickets for other games like semis and finals. If folk don't want that, they can pay per game which is probably the same price as a season ticket after 2 games or still more expensive.

I very much doubt that there are more than a handful of folk looking for discounted season tickets after the first 2 home games.

If any.

So why are Hibs emailing folk after the Hearts game pushing Season Tickets at full price ? They need to get over it, and focus on trying to attract walk ups to future games, if they're unable or unwilling to adjust ST prices for games already gone. We're all inherently looking to support the club in whatever way we can, so they're pushing at an open door. Just don't insult folk in the process.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2022, 08:38 PM
So why are Hibs emailing folk after the Hearts game pushing Season Tickets at full price ? They need to get over it, and focus on trying to attract walk ups to future games, if they're unable or unwilling to adjust ST prices for games already gone. We're all inherently looking to support the club in whatever way we can, so they're pushing at an open door. Just don't insult folk in the process.

I assume Hibs are still offering them because they guarantee a seat for every game, the same seat, plus priority for scarce away tickets like semis, finals and other cup games.

I don't think there's any insult in that. Folk will do what they want to do regardless of Hibs advertising strategy.