PDA

View Full Version : Daily Record.

greenlex
21-08-2022, 08:17 PM
I see they are pushing the things being thrown at Tavernier line. Did this happen? I didn’t see anything. I assume it was down the other end near the hun end from the east?

JamesHFC
21-08-2022, 08:20 PM
Watched the game back last night and noticed one of the commentators were talking about it and how we have issues with that section.

linlithgowhibbie
21-08-2022, 08:24 PM
Yip, not sure what but it looked "Soft" stuff, bits of food I think. Idiots. Should be stewards/police standing or sitting on a stool with their backs to the pitch there watching them.

Sir David Gray
21-08-2022, 08:27 PM
Yes I believe there was stuff thrown at him early in the match unfortunately.

Totally indefensible.

bod
21-08-2022, 08:27 PM
Saw the police move when he was taking a throw in ,I presumed something was thrown

HIBS NUTS
21-08-2022, 08:28 PM
Yip, not sure what but it looked "Soft" stuff, bits of food I think. Idiots. Should be stewards/police standing or sitting on a stool with their backs to the pitch there watching them.
Every game at ibrox, hibs players get pelted with various missiles, at the ultra end, when taking corners.
Guess what, no mention off it in the record, or commentary.

Ryan91
21-08-2022, 08:33 PM

Most of it appeared to be chips, though I seem to recall seeing at least 1 lighter (or similarly shaped, plastic looking, item) being thrown at Tavernier. Not to defend the indefensible, but unlike the Hearts game it happened once, very early on and did not occur again.

If this sort of thing continues, can easily see sections being closed off to fans.

Willis1875
21-08-2022, 08:35 PM
Most of it appeared to be chips, though I seem to recall seeing at least 1 lighter (or similarly shaped, plastic looking, item) being thrown at Tavernier. Not to defend the indefensible, but unlike the Hearts game it happened once, very early on and did not occur again.

If this sort of thing continues, can easily see sections being closed off to fans.

Chips were decent yesterday,there’s no danger I’d be wasting any of them on that clown

Carheenlea
21-08-2022, 08:41 PM
Does The Daily Record still exist in print form or is just an online thing now? Genuinely can’t remember the last time I actually saw a copy anywhere.

zolliehibs
21-08-2022, 08:42 PM
I sit in that section and it looked like a lighter was thrown at Tavernier, yeah.

Later in the first half, another clown also tried to launch a bottle of Jagermeister for some reason but it didn't reach the front and nearly hit a bunch of our own fans. Boy didn't reappear in the second half but I assume that's why the police presence increased even more after it.

Kawacabbage10
21-08-2022, 08:42 PM
I see they are pushing the things being thrown at Tavernier line. Did this happen? I didn’t see anything. I assume it was down the other end near the hun end from the east?

Not sure about Tavernier but was at a function last night where the photographer was the official club photographer.He was hit with a bottle at the first equaliser, he was lucky it hit his hand and not his head, his hand was a mess but could have been a lot worse. It needs to stop as the club will be getting hammered if it keeps happening.

phoenixfire
21-08-2022, 08:52 PM
Not sure about Tavernier but was at a function last night where the photographer was the official club photographer.He was hit with a bottle at the first equaliser, he was lucky it hit his hand and not his head, his hand was a mess but could have been a lot worse. It needs to stop as the club will be getting hammered if it keeps happening.

Life time bans for anyone throwing stuff , doesn't matter what ages they are! No excuses either ! This is becoming a major problem and needs action taken !

stuart-farquhar
21-08-2022, 08:53 PM
Did they mention sectarian chanting etc?

Chorley Hibee
21-08-2022, 08:55 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don't be silly. They don't bite the hand that feeds.

CentreLine
21-08-2022, 08:56 PM

Not sure that’s what this thread is discussing. But I didn’t realise Tavernier and/or the club photographer had been doing that

stuart-farquhar
21-08-2022, 08:56 PM
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don't be silly. They don't bite the hand that feeds.

Of course. Silly me.

paddy1875
21-08-2022, 08:58 PM

I saw this half bottle hurtling through the air in what felt like slow motion.

I’m glad you’ve confirmed the photographer only has injuries to his hand because I was convinced it shattered off his camera as his face was right up against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21-08-2022, 08:59 PM
Every game at ibrox, hibs players get pelted with various missiles, at the ultra end, when taking corners.

We need to get videos of that sort of thing and their sectarian singing swarmed all over social media, though I appreciate even the best phone camera might not get great quality footage of coins/lighters getting thrown at the other end of the stadium.

Chorley Hibee
21-08-2022, 09:00 PM
Not sure that’s what this thread is discussing.

It's fair to discuss the arbitrary line the Daily Record apply to unacceptable behaviour.

Do I agree with Hibs fans throwing stuff, no I don't.

Do I agree with sectarian behaviour, no I don't.

Both things happened at the game yesterday.

Have a guess which one the Daily Record omitted from their faux outrage?

stuart-farquhar
21-08-2022, 09:01 PM
Not sure that’s what this thread is discussing. But I didn’t realise Tavernier and/or the club photographer had been doing that
Oh OK big man. On you you go directing. Presumably that's your prerogative to decide how others comment.

Libby Hibby
21-08-2022, 09:02 PM
People who throw things at players are utter cretins.

Why?

21-08-2022, 09:03 PM
Life time bans for anyone throwing stuff , doesn't matter what ages they are! No excuses either ! This is becoming a major problem and needs action taken !

Correct and the club should be posting on the officialsite/twitter when they ban culprits. Might deter a few others in future.

CentreLine
21-08-2022, 09:06 PM
Oh OK big man. On you you go directing. Presumably that's your prerogative to decide how others comment.

It’s a forum I believe. Same as you just commented on my post, it’s fair game. I find the deflection of whataboutery unnecessary when it’s the dangerous idiotic behaviour of people within the home stands being discussed. There are plenty of other threads covering sectarianism and other form of targeted abuse elsewhere in the forum.

brianmc
21-08-2022, 09:09 PM
A simple bit of netting erected in front of that section would protect the players - obviously that wouldn't solve the problem - but safety first eh

stuart-farquhar
21-08-2022, 09:12 PM
It’s a forum I believe. Same as you just commented on my post, it’s fair game. I find the deflection of whataboutery unnecessary when it’s the dangerous idiotic behaviour of people within the home stands being discussed. There are plenty of other threads covering sectarianism and other form of targeted abuse elsewhere in the forum.
We're talking about the Daily Record here. There blinkered attitude towards all things not Glasgow related which includes the sectarian tolerance. But anyway. That's enough from me for now.

21-08-2022, 09:14 PM

The thread title is the Daily Record though so the fact they are covering the bad behaviour of our fans and not Rangers fans is relevant to this thread. Nobody is saying what our fans did is okay. All these types of behaviour should be clamped down on and it is a national newspaper's responsibilty to report them all. That is a huge concern to me, more so than Hibs' fans throwing chips and lighters which Ron is capable of dealing with. Hopefully with lifetime bans.

phoenixfire
21-08-2022, 09:28 PM
Correct and the club should be posting on the officialsite/twitter when they ban culprits. Might deter a few others in future.

Bad element coming into hibs support ! This throwing of stuffs getting out of hand unfortunately someones going to get really hurt ! Banning them only way ! This thing too about daily rag not printing about there vile singing and is wrong but we know what they are like now ,we even know what the rags like too ! For me i don't care if they bring shame on themselves but I do care about hibs and how the clubs image is shown on sky and papers around the world ! We know the rag and some people are just itching to have a go at us and yet this hooligan element is quite happy to keep going and drag our clubs name into the gutter ! Hardly the actions of proper hibs supporters is it?

basehibby
21-08-2022, 10:04 PM

Never mind the whataboutism - we don't need these kind of ********s at ER.
I'm fully in support of major efforts being expended to ID any clowns throwing stuff at players and criminal prosecutions taking place - in addition to banning them from the stadium.

NB - The Daily Record has long since demonstrated it's credentials as an insult to professional journalism. No surprises then that they continue to avoid showing the orcs in their true light - but that's not the point. The point is we have an element attending matches showing appaling behaviour such that they are actually a danger to players and fellow fans - we need to weed them out.

phoenixfire
21-08-2022, 10:11 PM

Your missing the point here ! Do we really want to let this go on and be as bad them? I don't !

Chorley Hibee
21-08-2022, 10:11 PM
Never mind the whataboutism - we don't need these kind of ********s at ER.
I'm fully in support of major efforts being expended to ID any clowns throwing stuff at players and criminal prosecutions taking place - in addition to banning them from the stadium.

Let's do that for all unacceptable behaviour at ER, not just some of it.

I don't buy the whataboutism argument, unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable behaviour, let's treat it all with the same vigour.

We won't though, and in turn we'll continue to give tacit approval to the sectarian ***** that we're subjected to each time the Huns appear at ER.

As for the Daily Record and their ilk, their page after page spread on the racism directed towards Kamara, whilst having spent decades saying nothing about sectarianism in Scottish football, summed them up as the Rangers fanzine they are.

I wouldn't wipe my arse with these rags.

Spike Mandela
21-08-2022, 10:13 PM
Did they throw a pen? A Tavernier pen.:rolleyes:

phoenixfire
21-08-2022, 10:28 PM

I don't buy the whataboutism argument, unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable behaviour, let's treat it all with the same vigour.

We won't though, and in turn we'll continue to give tacit approval to the sectarian ***** that we're subjected to each time the Huns appear at ER.

As for the Daily Record and their ilk, their page after page spread on the racism directed towards Kamara, whilst having spent decades saying nothing about sectarianism in Scottish football, summed them up as the Rangers fanzine they are.

Agree with what your saying about record but we aren't anyway in control of that ! It's not about that anyway it's about us ! Let's get our own house in order first! The throwing stuffs happened twice now hearts and now rangers it's happened before as well ! You not see a big problem here?

CraigHibee
21-08-2022, 10:38 PM

Saw this as well, embarrassing to be honest. Not sure why some folk think it's okay to be doing that. A lighter also hit one of the stewards at the front of the east as well.

Chorley Hibee
21-08-2022, 10:41 PM
Agree with what your saying about record but we aren't anyway in control of that ! It's not about that anyway it's about us ! Let's get our own house in order first! The throwing stuffs happened twice now hearts and now rangers it's happened before as well ! You not see a big problem here?

The club, and the authorities, weaken their argument when they deem one form of unacceptable behaviour worthy of criticism and action, whilst another form is continually brushed under the carpet.

Whilst they continue doing this, don't be surprised if some people pay no attention to them.

I want consistency towards all unacceptable behaviour, and I want it to start at ER.

Shrekko
21-08-2022, 10:42 PM
This isn't really about the Daily Record, or anything else is it? We just need to stop it- and leave the whataboutery to others.

Another kid on the pitch after we scored on Saturday as well- just can't understand why this happens so often at ER.

JoeT_WasTheBest
21-08-2022, 10:46 PM
This isn't really about the Daily Record, or anything else is it? We just need to stop it- and leave the whataboutery to others.

Another kid on the pitch after we scored on Saturday as well- just can't understand why this happens so often at ER.

Same boy ran back on at the end of the game. Why???

basehibby
21-08-2022, 11:18 PM

Chucking stuff at players is dangerous in a very physical and tangible way - not just to players but to other supporters, stewards, photographers etc. Only this weekend the club photographer was injured by these morons FFS - enough is enough!

Additionaly it's a much easier matter to identify who has thrown something than who is allegedly singing what and whether or not it's offensive. Let's get on with it - use the CCTV, identify the thugs throwing stuff at players, report them to police and ban them for life - simples.

phoenixfire
21-08-2022, 11:24 PM
The club, and the authorities, weaken their argument when they deem one form of unacceptable behaviour worthy of criticism and action, whilst another form is continually brushed under the carpet.

Whilst they continue doing this, don't be surprised if some people pay no attention to them.

I want consistency towards all unacceptable behaviour, and I want it to start at ER.

Your covering up the fact WE yes WE have a major problem ! Threads actually about us throwing stuff ! Heard it after hearts game too they done it too but but rangers throw stuff too! And as for your comment about people paying no attention take it you mean they won't stop throwing stuff if it's the case ban them for life or get them tickets for Ibrox ! None of them proper hibs fans anyhow ! We can't fix every problem in Scottish football as hibs fans but we damn well can try and fix this ,don't care about other clubs and what they do to shame themselves DO CARE about hibs and don't want our great clubs name ruined might be ok with you though?

phoenixfire
21-08-2022, 11:56 PM
Next thing that's going to happen is some players going to lose a eye that would be horrible ,really horrible sad thing is theirs some on here will say they were singing bad songs or they threw stuff last game, maybe even never mind he's got another one! Would really paint a lovely ,proud family club in a good light! I say act now and weed this anti hibs element out even if it takes reporting them !

CentreLine
22-08-2022, 06:03 AM
Two games so far at ER this season and multiple instances of unacceptable or criminal behaviour by our fans. 100% record so far. How long do we allow this to go on?

Take a reality check Hibees and weed this shower out of our club

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2022, 06:21 AM
Section should be closed next match.

Gatecrasher
22-08-2022, 06:39 AM
As much as I am against people throwing things at players I am happy the support is getting some of its radginess back. Its been stale at ER for far too long. We need a section of our support to be exuberant.

SickBoy32
22-08-2022, 06:42 AM
Section should be closed next match.

If you mean the South Stand then I agree entirely.

A very large % behind the goal repeatedly rock up to ER and treat us to their sectarianism, loud and proud.

Much more of an issue than a couple of dafties throwing chips. Club has invested significantly in CCTV so let them find the chip / lighter fiend, and deal with them appropriately.

No need at all to be closing any of the home sections IMO, regardless of what the hun press report.

HibbyKeith
22-08-2022, 06:46 AM
As much as I am against people throwing things at players I am happy the support is getting some of its radginess back. Its been stale at ER for far too long. We need a section of our support to be exuberant.While I agree that its great to have a bit atmosphere back at the games, don't confuse exuberance with idiocy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
22-08-2022, 06:46 AM
Put out a statement and install a net in front of both sections where the South and East meet.

Gatecrasher
22-08-2022, 06:51 AM
While I agree that its great to have a bit atmosphere back at the games, don't confuse exuberance with idiocy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I agree, there's a line not to cross and it has a couple of times this season already.

Antifa Hibs
22-08-2022, 07:19 AM
Short of a netting up in 45-44-43 I'm not sure what else can be done.

We installed the new super-dooper CCTV system after the Sinclair incident and i'm assuming it hasn't caught anyone for the recent incidents, otherwise they'd be banned/charged and statements released. Closing sections will do nothing, if you're daft enough to launch buckie bottles and lighters about the place you're probably not going to care if a section gets closed down for a game you're likely to not even attend.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 07:26 AM
If you mean the South Stand then I agree entirely.

A very large % behind the goal repeatedly rock up to ER and treat us to their sectarianism, loud and proud.

Much more of an issue than a couple of dafties throwing chips. Club has invested significantly in CCTV so let them find the chip / lighter fiend, and deal with them appropriately.

No need at all to be closing any of the home sections IMO, regardless of what the hun press report.

Is singing bad songs worse than throwing things? Sticks and stones?

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 07:58 AM

Would you be saying the same if the songs were of a racist nature? Songs specifically aimed at black people for instance?

Nobody would, we'd be demanding action was taken, so why turn a blind eye to the repeated acts of sectarian, anti-irish crimes that go unpunished at ER when the tribute act arrive?

I'll reiterate, I'm all for stern action being taken against the stupid ********s chucking items etc, but I'm not comfortable with us turning a blind eye, yet again, to the sectarianism on show in our own home.

Would you keep inviting someone to your home who didn't know how to behave, or would you put a stop to them attending?

Time for Hibs to do the same, with all the culprits in every stand.

SickBoy32
22-08-2022, 07:59 AM

Sectarian signing is a hate crime in Scotland (not that you'd realise given the police response each week)

Throwing chips? Haha geez peace

Of course those lobbing bottles need dealt with, the CCTV should be able to sort that.

But let's not all fall into line with the BS from the record - worse happens on each and every visit to Ibrox, and fine well they know it.

Heisenberg
22-08-2022, 08:00 AM
If we are closing sections down then all of the ones surrounding the away end at ibrox will need shut too.

SickBoy32
22-08-2022, 08:01 AM
Would you be saying the same if the songs were of a racist nature? Songs specifically aimed at black people for instance?

Nobody would, we'd be demanding action was taken, so why turn a blind eye to the repeated acts of sectarian, anti-irish crimes that go unpunished at ER when the tribute act arrive?

I'll reiterate, I'm all for stern action being taken against the stupid ********s chucking items etc, but I'm not comfortable with us turning a blind eye, yet again, to the sectarianism on show in our own home.

Would you keep inviting someone to your home who didn't know how to behave, or would you put a stop to them attending?

Time for Hibs to do the same, with all the culprits in every stand.

Well said sir, if their 'Whose the F***** in the black' ditty was targeting any other minority....

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 08:06 AM
The people who argue that we need to get our own house in order.

That's fine, but I would suggest that the whole of ER is our home, and I'd like all unacceptable behaviour in our home dealt with.

Or do we accept certain misdemeanours because of the financial impact taking action might have?

If that's the case, then we lose any moral authority to talk about what is and isn't acceptable.

Helensburghhibs
22-08-2022, 08:39 AM
I think every hibs supporter would like the unacceptable behaviour in the away end sorted.... But.....
My view is that actions that impact mine, my children and fellow hibs supporters safety should be a priority. I cannot agree that both situations are of equal severity and if resource is limited priorities should be made. A song about Irish politics, the uvf, or the ira won't kill someone at the game. A flying glass bottle just might.

phoenixfire
22-08-2022, 09:48 AM
I think every hibs supporter would like the unacceptable behaviour in the away end sorted.... But.....
My view is that actions that impact mine, my children and fellow hibs supporters safety should be a priority. I cannot agree that both situations are of equal severity and if resource is limited priorities should be made. A song about Irish politics, the uvf, or the ira won't kill someone at the game. A flying glass bottle just might.

This is where I am at with this of course no one wants all that hateful singing but the fact of the matter is twice now it's happened in our first two home games stuff thrown on field ! Do I think it's problem ? Too right I do and probably it will get worse as season goes on ! Sad some have to use the excuse that cause rival fans sing stuff or have thrown things before it's used like a excuse to cover it up ! Soft chips mentioned now:rolleyes: there's been more than soft chips thrown and everyone knows this! Nets now mentioned sad for a family club if that happens imo! Posters who say but they sing this or do that we word we dont have to lower our values and human decency cause they do ! Do we? Fair idea where the throwings coming from just catch and ban for life before some one badly hurt or killed

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 09:55 AM
This is where I am at with this of course no one wants all that hateful singing but the fact of the matter is twice now it's happened in our first two home games stuff thrown on field ! Do I think it's problem ? Too right I do and probably it will get worse as season goes on ! Sad some have to use the excuse that cause rival fans sing stuff or have thrown things before it's used like a excuse to cover it up ! Soft chips mentioned now:rolleyes: there's been more than soft chips thrown and everyone knows this! Nets now mentioned sad for a family club if that happens imo! Posters who say but they sing this or do that we word we dont have to lower our values and human decency cause they do ! Do we? Fair idea where the throwings coming from just catch and ban for life before some one badly hurt or killed

I certainly don't advocate lowering our values or human decency.

But if we want to uphold those values then we should deal with all unacceptable behaviour in ER, not just a portion of it.

The irony is that failing to deal with all the unacceptable behaviour on show is inadvertently a lowering of the very standards you speak of.

phoenixfire
22-08-2022, 10:27 AM
I certainly don't advocate lowering our values or human decency.

But if we want to uphold those values then we should deal with all unacceptable behaviour in ER, not just a portion of it.

The irony is that failing to deal with all the unacceptable behaviour on show is inadvertently a lowering of the very standards you speak of.

The hate singing been around for a long time doesn't make it right though I grant you that! What us hibs fans can do with 4 or 5 thousand rangers fans singing vile songs I don't know ! What I do know is for a couple of seasons now thugs in our support have decided it's cool to throw stuff and try and harm rival players we can deal with this by fans seeing them throw stuff and reporting them ! Again these aren't hibs fans not proper ones that care for hibs! Again what rival fans do to bring shame on themselves or there club isn't on top of my list ! As a hibs fan though I really care what's happening at my club which is dangerous to human life ,very embarrassing ,tainting our club in a bad way it's thuggish anti social behaviour at it's worse as a hibs fan this should worry you more rather than saying these do this or that

matty_f
22-08-2022, 10:59 AM
Hibs should call it all out - something along the lines of “We condemn in the strongest possible way, the throwing of objects and wee bams running onto the pitch. We will use all means possible to identify and deal with the culprits and will consider closing sections of the stand should that behaviour continue
Additionally, we condemn in the strongest possible way the offensive anti-Catholic chants from Rangers fans. There is no place for sectarianism at Easter Road and we have contacted Rangers to asked what their plans are to deal with it and again, will considering making no away supporter tickets available for future visits to Easter Rd if there is a repeat. “

The club and the media need to make it a Rangers problem and call them out for it every time it happens, whether that’s at Easter Rd, when we visit Ibrox, or when we’re pumping them at Hampden.

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 11:13 AM
Hibs should call it all out - something along the lines of “We condemn in the strongest possible way, the throwing of objects and wee bams running onto the pitch. We will use all means possible to identify and deal with the culprits and will consider closing sections of the stand should that behaviour continue
Additionally, we condemn in the strongest possible way the offensive anti-Catholic chants from Rangers fans. There is no place for sectarianism at Easter Road and we have contacted Rangers to asked what their plans are to deal with it and again, will considering making no away supporter tickets available for future visits to Easter Rd if there is a repeat. “

The club and the media need to make it a Rangers problem and call them out for it every time it happens, whether that’s at Easter Rd, when we visit Ibrox, or when we’re pumping them at Hampden.

Perfectly put.

Keith_M
22-08-2022, 11:14 AM
I realise this is sacrilege to some folk but we need our own supporters to point out people that throw dangerous items at games.

As well as how dangerous this is for those on the receiving end, it's certainly not doing our own club any favours.

happiehibbie
22-08-2022, 11:18 AM
I am fed up with the people who are throwing things at players etc. The other is people "mainly Kids" coming onto the park.

Both things need to stop NOW. Lets not worry about other teams lets get our act together.

It's easy to identify the people throwing things ! your maybe sitting next to them am sure you can deal with it privately

On the Kids running on the park the stewards should just round them up and ask there parents to come and get them the the powers at be can deal with the parent.

It has to stop!

I await the abuse

phoenixfire
22-08-2022, 11:28 AM
I realise this is sacrilege to some folk but we need our own supporters to point out people that throw dangerous items at games.

As well as how dangerous this is for those on the receiving end, it's certainly not doing our own club any favours.

Totally agree , Wouldn't take long to get rid of the bad apples if we all unit together and do the right thing as fans could save someone's life too and we can all get back to talking about football again:aok:

phoenixfire
22-08-2022, 11:45 AM
I am fed up with the people who are throwing things at players etc. The other is people "mainly Kids" coming onto the park.

Both things need to stop NOW. Lets not worry about other teams lets get our act together.

It's easy to identify the people throwing things ! your maybe sitting next to them am sure you can deal with it privately

On the Kids running on the park the stewards should just round them up and ask there parents to come and get them the the powers at be can deal with the parent.

It has to stop!

I await the abuse

No abuse here mate ! Totally agree with you on both counts both need to stop ! Throwing stuffs out of hand and extremely dangerous , the kids going on the park weren't all kids at hearts game btw is something that could lead to more serious stuff and could be dangerous also for a rival player and both need to be dealt with !

.Sean.
22-08-2022, 12:13 PM

Agree wholeheartedly. I long for the day Hibs come out and make a stand against those horrible *****

Libby Hibby
22-08-2022, 12:23 PM

Bang on Matty

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 12:32 PM
Was there lots of sectarian singing on Saturday?

I'm in the west upper towards the north end and couldn't make out a word they were saying. Never can from there.

I know I'm not meant to say this on here, but I thought their fans were fine and there was a really good atmosphere throughout ER. No probs at all walking amongst them after the game either.

matty_f
22-08-2022, 12:38 PM

I'm in the west upper towards the north end and couldn't make out a word they were saying. Never can from there.

I know I'm not meant to say this on here, but I thought their fans were fine and there was a really good atmosphere throughout ER. No probs at all walking amongst them after the game either.

Billy Boys and 'Who's the Fe**an in the black?' were sung at least.

Sir David Gray
22-08-2022, 12:39 PM

There was lots of sectarian singing on Saturday.

Who's the fenian in the black?
Billy Boys
Follow Follow (with the FTP reference)

To name but three.

Green Man
22-08-2022, 01:13 PM
We got caught in a crowd of them on the way to the game, it was very unpleasant listening to them singing about fenian b******s. My son asked why they were singing about “feed you pasta” 😂

DIXIHIBS
22-08-2022, 01:35 PM

Billy Boys

To name but three.

Bobby Sands got a mention too.

Helensburghhibs
22-08-2022, 03:55 PM
Bobby Sands got a mention too.

Popular guy,, heard them signing about him at parkhead as well. Will never understand the relevance at a spfl game mi d you 😂

Bostonhibby
22-08-2022, 04:15 PM

I know I'm not meant to say this on here, but I thought their fans were fine and there was a really good atmosphere throughout ER. No probs at all walking amongst them after the game either.Definitely audible on the telly box, Sky did their usual and appeared to turn the sound down as the diatribe progressed

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
22-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Definitely audible on the telly box, Sky did their usual and appeared to turn the sound down as the diatribe progressed

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Meanwhile when they're covering smaller games and individual voices from the crowd can be heard they're falling over themselves to apologise when the odd swear word can be heard.

Not a peep when we get subjected to sectarian and terrorist sympathising chants from Rangers or Celtic fans though - apparently that's a "special atmosphere".

Ralphy C
22-08-2022, 04:47 PM

Thats where i sit, you must be deaf mate if you never heard "who's the f***** in the black.

green day
22-08-2022, 07:13 PM

It started immediately after the tribute to Goram, and throughout.

I am West Upper South side. They are ****

Smartie
22-08-2022, 07:34 PM

Spot on.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2022, 07:57 PM

Not for the first time have you posted on these threads praising the Hun their amazing bouncing partying fans and their vile sectarian song book with your selective hearing : post 21/12/2019

They also belted out the Sash, Billy Boys and Derry’s Walls

Maybe you should join your local Leith Loyal 1690 Branch for their next home game if you like them so much

Horrible despicable club

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 08:05 PM
Not for the first time have you posted on these threads praising the Hun their amazing bouncing partying fans and their vile sectarian song book with your selective hearing : post 21/12/2019

They also belted out the Sash, Billy Boys and Derry’s Walls

Maybe you should join your local Leith Loyal 1690 Branch for their next home game if you like them so much

Horrible despicable club

You went back through 3 years of my posts to come up with this?

Ridiculous behaviour and total trolling.

What you have just posted is bang out of order. I have never said anything close to wanting to be a Rangers fan.

You should delete your post and apologise.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2022, 08:11 PM

What you have just posted is bang out of order. I have never said anything close to wanting to be a Rangers fan.

Your post was a carbon copy of what you posted after a Rangers game in 2019 and it struck a chord

“ I was in the West Upper and to me the away end looked amazing “

I was amazed to read it on a Hibs forum

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Hibs supporter

Edit: You also claimed not to hear what The Rangers fans were singing in that post as well

If you keep saying you can’t hear sectarian singing from The Rangers end when everyone else can you deserve to be challenged

brianmc
22-08-2022, 08:57 PM
A more relevant question about the zombie's song book from the weekend would be : did they sing any NON sectarian songs?

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:01 PM
Your post was a carbon copy of what you posted after a Rangers game in 2019 and it struck a cord

“ I was in the West Upper and to me the away end looked amazing “

I was amazed to read it on a Hibs forum

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Hibs supporter

Edit: You also claimed not to hear what The Rangers fans were singing in that post as well

If you keep saying you can’t hear sectarian singing from The Rangers end when everyone else can you deserve to be challenged

Wtf would you even go back looking through my posts?

Just put me on ignore, ******g weirdo.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2022, 09:04 PM
Wtf would you even go back looking through my posts?

Just put me on ignore, ******g weirdo.

Apologies but I am cursed with a very good memory

Maybe get your ears syringed going forward

Nothing against you personally Chief

WATP :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:11 PM
My favourite games at ER are against Hearts, Rangers and Celtic.

It's because of the atmosphere.

If that means a few song from any sets of fans that some might find offensive, well, I don't mind it all. As I KEEP saying, i can't make out the words anyways.

But a full, bouncing ER is what i want. Seeing the Rangers fans going from rocking to silence when we score is amazing. You should try getting involved in the game instead of listening out for what they sing.

We used to be able to cope fine well with the to'ing and fro'ing of insults. I'm all for it.

superfurryhibby
22-08-2022, 09:12 PM

He doth protesteth too much, lol.

Heisenberg
22-08-2022, 09:13 PM

If that means a few song from any sets of fans that some might find offensive, well, I don't mind it all. As I KEEP saying, i can't make out the words anyways.

But a full, bouncing ER is what i want. Seeing the Rangers fans going from rocking to silence when we score is amazing. You should try getting involved in the game instead of listening out for what they sing.

We used to be able to cope fine well with the to'ing and fro'ing of insults. I'm all for it.

So you are ok if a full away end turns up and starts a racist chant or two as long as the atmosphere is good and you can’t hear it?

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 09:17 PM

You genuinely don't mind sectarian songs?

I've asked this earlier and I'll ask again, would you be of the same opinion if their songs were aimed at black people, Asian people etc?

Also, you being unable to hear it doesn't make it acceptable to everyone who can.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:20 PM
Act, let's take everything to the extremes to make a point eh.

I've not said anything of the sort and i'm not going to have a argument based on hypotheticals in your heads.

Asian or black people? Wtf are you going on about??

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:22 PM
Here's what I posted. It's some leap you've all taken from it.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:26 PM
So you are ok if a full away end turns up and starts a racist chant or two as long as the atmosphere is good and you can’t hear it?

If i couldn't hear it, how would I know it's racist?!

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2022, 09:26 PM

You missed out the first two sentences

The first one asking if there was any sectarian singing on Saturday???

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 09:27 PM
Act, let's take everything to the extremes to make a point eh.

I've not said anything of the sort and i'm not going to have a argument based on hypotheticals in your heads.

Asian or black people? Wtf are you going on about??

I'd just like to know where you draw the line?

Sectarianism - fine

Racism - ?

Not sure how you can frown upon one and not the other?

If you can, then I'm sorry, but it's a perfect example of why this country has the problems with sectarianism that it does.

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 09:30 PM

You also said this:

"If that means a few song from any sets of fans that some might find offensive, well, I don't mind it all."

I don't think I've taken a significant leap given the quote above.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:31 PM
I'd just like to know where you draw the line?

Sectarianism - fine

Racism - ?

Not sure how you can frown upon one and not the other?

If you can, then I'm sorry, but it's a perfect example of why this country has the problems with sectarianism that it does.

The only time i have mentioned sectarianism was to ask if the Rangers fans were singing these songs on Saturday. A few posters, in a reasonable manner, answered yes they were, and that was that.

Other than that, i've not said a word about it.

You have all equated me saying I liked the atmosphere at ER on Saturday, with me thinking it's fine to be sectarian, and also now, racist.

It's an absolute nonsense that I can't post what I did without this sort of reaction.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:33 PM
You also said this:

"If that means a few song from any sets of fans that some might find offensive, well, I don't mind it all."

I don't think I've taken a significant leap given the quote above.

We used to sing about dead rats in Glasgow.

Offensive does not mean illegal, sectarian or racist.

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 09:35 PM
We used to sing about dead rats in Glasgow.

Offensive does not mean illegal, sectarian or racist.

I think you're backtracking now.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:39 PM

So we're not allowed to say we enjoyed the atmosphere at ER if opposing fans sing something offensive?

That's what this is all about.

Because I had the audacity to say I thought the atmosphere was good, you're jumping on me? As if I have to take some sort of responsibility for something?

So, let's say i take your view, what do you want me to do?

What have you done that is any different to me since Saturday? If i come on here and post that Rangers fans are vile would that make things better?

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 09:52 PM
So we're not allowed to say we enjoyed the atmosphere at ER if opposing fans sing something offensive?

That's what this is all about.

Because I had the audacity to say I thought the atmosphere was good, you're jumping on me? As if I have to take some sort of responsibility for something?

So, let's say i take your view, what do you want me to do?

What have you done that is any different to me since Saturday? If i come on here and post that Rangers fans are vile would that make things better?

It wasn't just offensive, it was illegal, as you yourself stated in an earlier post.

I don't find sectarianism a positive atmosphere, I find it abhorrent, upsetting and a stain on our society.

Many other Hibees do too, and it's one of the reasons we fail to sell out ER for these games.

I've contacted the club repeatedly over the years asking why they continue to allow this to happen. To date, I've never once had a response.

That tells me our club is more interested in income than dealing with unacceptable/illegal behaviour. It's also the reason why they lose any moral authority over taking action against the ********s in our own support.

The club can't ignore the behaviour in one stand whilst taking action in another.

Baader
22-08-2022, 09:54 PM

Bit like when youd hear English commentators at old firm games talking about the 'incredible atmosphere' - completely oblivious that the songs they're hearing are about being 'up to our knees in Fenian blood' and the rest of it...

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 09:57 PM
It wasn't just offensive, it was illegal, as you yourself stated in an earlier post.

I don't find sectarianism a positive atmosphere, I find it abhorrent, upsetting and a stain on our society.

Many other Hibees do too, and it's one of the reasons we fail to sell out ER for these games.

I've contacted the club repeatedly over the years asking why they continue to allow this to happen. To date, I've never once had a response.

That tells me our club is more interested in income than dealing with unacceptable/illegal behaviour. It's also the reason why they lose any moral authority over taking action against the ********s in our own support.

The club can't ignore the behaviour in one stand whilst taking action in another.

Ok, not being wide or smart here, what would you like to see happen? What should the club do?

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 10:02 PM
Ok, not being wide or smart here, what would you like to see happen? What should the club do?

Warn Rangers that if the behaviour continues we'll start by cutting their allocation.

If it continues, escalate it from there, eventually to a stage where they are offered no tickets whatsoever.

And meanwhile, I'd be documenting the reasons why over every available media outlet, and finally show this country that someone, at last, has enough of a backbone to say enough is enough.

Smartie
22-08-2022, 10:08 PM
Warn Rangers that if the behaviour continues we'll start by cutting their allocation.

If it continues, escalate it from there, eventually to a stage where they are offered no tickets whatsoever.

And meanwhile, I'd be documenting the reasons why over every available media outlet, and finally show this country that someone, at last, has enough of a backbone to say enough is enough.

I agree 100%.

Unfortunately it will never happen under our current owners, who’d rather fill the away end with bigots prepared to pay 35 blue pounds a head and have huge gaps in the home end than try anything creative to change it.

I applaud what St Mirren are doing.

phoenixfire
22-08-2022, 11:02 PM

You can talk ! Everytime we have our say about what this threads about you try and change what the issue is about ! Go back and read start of thread you might actually pick up to what it's about!

The Harp Awakes
22-08-2022, 11:23 PM

Billy Boys

To name but three.

Any fans spouting racist abuse like the Rangers continually do en masse, should not be allowed anywhere near our stadium.

Time for Hibs to properly stand up against racism and not just give it lip service.

Ban them.

phoenixfire
22-08-2022, 11:32 PM
Any fans spouting racist abuse like the Rangers continually do en masse, should not be allowed anywhere near our stadium.

Time for Hibs to properly stand up against racism and not just give it lip service.

Ban them.

Easy way for club to do it too ,we go down the route st mirrens doing ban them and put up ticket prices to 40 quid a ticket no wait maybe 50 would be better so we can buy rival players helmets and body armour for pitch invasions' and s###e getting thrown at them!

Chorley Hibee
23-08-2022, 05:26 AM
You can talk ! Everytime we have our say about what this threads about you try and change what the issue is about ! Go back and read start of thread you might actually pick up to what it's about!

Stop talking out your arse.

The thread is about unacceptable behaviour.

I've asked that the club deal with all unacceptable behaviour in ER.

You only want certain unacceptable behaviour dealt with in ER.

The thread is also titled "Daily Record" and I have taken umbrage with their faux outrage over what they deem unacceptable behaviour, whilst, as usual, they conveniently turn a blind eye to the weekly tirade of hate and sectarianism spilling from the stands.

No backtracking, just asking for a consistent approach to dealing with unacceptable behaviour within the confines of ER.

weecounty hibby
23-08-2022, 06:35 AM

The problem with the sentence," that some may find offensive " is that actually everyone should find them offensive because they are offensive. I suppose an OO march is ok as well because its colourful and the tunes are quite catchy? They are a blight in Scottish society and travel from town to town believing that they are the people and they can do and sing whatever they want. Mainly because authorities and other ordinary people turn a blind eye to it.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 08:46 AM
The problem with the sentence," that some may find offensive " is that actually everyone should find them offensive because they are offensive. I suppose an OO march is ok as well because its colourful and the tunes are quite catchy? They are a blight in Scottish society and travel from town to town believing that they are the people and they can do and sing whatever they want. Mainly because authorities and other ordinary people turn a blind eye to it.

I get it, and I’m not deliberately trying to be a knob about this, but we’re allowed to enjoy ourselves at ER despite what Rangers fans sing.

I’ve been accused of being a rangers fan, a racist and sectarianism simply for saying this.

These same accusations need to be thrown at our manager, our players and everyone else that enjoyed themselves on Saturday.

I really don’t give a damn if some people think the rest of us should be as offended as them.

gbhibby
23-08-2022, 09:21 AM
I get it, and I’m not deliberately trying to be a knob about this, but we’re allowed to enjoy ourselves at ER despite what Rangers fans sing.

I’ve been accused of being a rangers fan, a racist and sectarianism simply for saying this.

These same accusations need to be thrown at our manager, our players and everyone else that enjoyed themselves on Saturday.

I really don’t give a damn if some people think the rest of us should be as offended as them.
Why should we be subject to those songs it's a game of football. I have been listening to the bile they spout for nearly 60 years. They were singing a song We'll be coming which is about the UVF. You might not care what is being sung but there are sensible people who do. This should have be eradicated from our game many years ago but hey ho they are nice tunes🤔

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2022, 09:29 AM

The only way you could have walked amongst them after the game would be if you were in the South Stand with them. The rest of us couldn't exit the West Stand car park or get along Albion Place for half an hour after the match

Hibernian Verse
23-08-2022, 09:32 AM
The only way you could have walked amongst them after the game would be if you were in the South Stand with them. The rest of us couldn't exit the West Stand car park or get along Albion Place for half an hour after the match

You can walk down the bottom of Easter Road and back up again which takes about 15 mins. You definitely mix with Rangers fans as my mate who was in the Away end confirmed.

He did say though that there was bother between the Union Bears and Police at the top of Easter Road so they were hardly well behaved. He also told me that someone was doing coke in their seat right in front of his son.

Mcbizz1998
23-08-2022, 09:37 AM

Untrue.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 10:03 AM

I was amongst them waking down Er at 2.30 and after the game I had to walk down hawkhill then back up ER to regent terrace where I was amongst them again.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 10:03 AM
Why should we be subject to those songs it's a game of football. I have been listening to the bile they spout for nearly 60 years. They were singing a song We'll be coming which is about the UVF. You might not care what is being sung but there are sensible people who do. This should have be eradicated from our game many years ago but hey ho they are nice tunes🤔

Nobody has said you should be subject to it.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 10:06 AM

Did you enjoy yourself at the cup final?

Dod you celebrate Stokes opener or were you worried about the flares and songs from the Rangers fans?

I had a cracking day and there’s nothing the Rangers fans did that tainted a second of it.

Chorley Hibee
23-08-2022, 10:31 AM

Whether you, or anyone else, enjoy/don't enjoy what they sing isn't really the issue for me any longer.

The fact is that it's illegal and a criminal offence.

I want Hibs/Scottish media to highlight/take action against all illegal and criminal offences within ER, not just some of them.

Sweeping their behaviour under the carpet, because you're not offended by it, is part of the problem.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 11:25 AM
Whether you, or anyone else, enjoy/don't enjoy what they sing isn't really the issue for me any longer.

The fact is that it's illegal and a criminal offence.

I want Hibs/Scottish media to highlight/take action against all illegal and criminal offences within ER, not just some of them.

Sweeping their behaviour under the carpet, because you're not offended by it, is part of the problem.

How? If I’m totally offended by it, nothing changes.

You want everyone else to feel the same way as you about this issue. That’s the problem.

phoenixfire
23-08-2022, 11:36 AM
Stop talking out your arse.

The thread is about unacceptable behaviour.

I've asked that the club deal with all unacceptable behaviour in ER.

You only want certain unacceptable behaviour dealt with in ER.

The thread is also titled "Daily Record" and I have taken umbrage with their faux outrage over what they deem unacceptable behaviour, whilst, as usual, they conveniently turn a blind eye to the weekly tirade of hate and sectarianism spilling from the stands.

No backtracking, just asking for a consistent approach to dealing with unacceptable behaviour within the confines of ER.

Wrong again thread started about record highlighting stuff getting thrown at tavanier ! Two home games two incidents plus a pitch invasion though that's not really a topic for this thread like your singing! And I do want a certain issue dealt with cause once again its dangerous and doing our club no good and involves a serious bad element that's coming into our support over the last few years ! Think this issue is much easier to deal with first and should be made a Priority! Sorting out your singing will be a much longer process ! Get our own house in order first before fixing everything else and getting world peace!as for talking out the arse stand in front of a mirror you will hear plenty of it then!

Chorley Hibee
23-08-2022, 12:16 PM
Wrong again thread started about record highlighting stuff getting thrown at tavanier ! Two home games two incidents plus a pitch invasion though that's not really a topic for this thread like your singing! And I do want a certain issue dealt with cause once again its dangerous and doing our club no good and involves a serious bad element that's coming into our support over the last few years ! Think this issue is much easier to deal with first and should be made a Priority! Sorting out your singing will be a much longer process ! Get our own house in order first before fixing everything else and getting world peace!as for talking out the arse stand in front of a mirror you will hear plenty of it then!

As I said earlier, getting our house in order is dealing with all unacceptable behaviour in ER, not just a portion of it.

I don't understand why you think it's impossible to deal with both issues at the same time. It's not, it's yet another excuse used to sweep sectarianism under the carpet.

I, and others, have given an example of how this could be made possible. Now if the real issue is that we don't want to take action against the rabid sectarianism on show because it will hurt us financially (which I believe it is) then I think we lose any moral authority, as a club, to talk about what is unacceptable at ER.

When your moral compass is dictated by the financial impact upon you, it's not really much of a moral compass to start with.

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2022, 12:31 PM
I was amongst them waking down Er at 2.30 and after the game I had to walk down hawkhill then back up ER to regent terrace where I was amongst them again.

Kick off was 12.30...sure the fans weren't Falkirk fans ontheir way to Meadowbank.

More holes in your story than in the Dundee United defence.🙄

phoenixfire
23-08-2022, 12:51 PM
As I said earlier, getting our house in order is dealing with all unacceptable behaviour in ER, not just a portion of it.

I don't understand why you think it's impossible to deal with both issues at the same time. It's not, it's yet another excuse used to sweep sectarianism under the carpet.

I, and others, have given an example of how this could be made possible. Now if the real issue is that we don't want to take action against the rabid sectarianism on show because it will hurt us financially (which I believe it is) then I think we lose any moral authority, as a club, to talk about what is unacceptable at ER.

When your moral compass is dictated by the financial impact upon you, it's not really much of a moral compass to start with.

We are talking about two totally different issues here ! Ones about another ciub singing offensive songs twice maybe four times coming to our ground which has been going on a long long time ! Which I wish didn't but it would be near impossible to stop imo ! Main issue which is topic of this thread which you are totally trying to get away from is throwing of objects on the field, we have had this done two times out of two now and have what a other 17 home games is it? Plus maybe home game or games in cup that's another near 20 incidents that could happen !plenty of chances someone getting seriously hurt or losing a eye if it keeps happening ! Major problem that's sadly happening in our stands and only last couple of years it's got bad ! Stamp it out now quickly ,very easy to deal with it ! And must take total priority over everything else!

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 01:07 PM
Kick off was 12.30...sure the fans weren't Falkirk fans ontheir way to Meadowbank.

More holes in your story than in the Dundee United defence.🙄

Yeah shoot me down cause I forgot it wa an early kick off!!

Anyone waking down ER before kickoff would have been amongst them and there were literally thousands of Hibs fans walking up ER mixing with Rangers fans after the game.

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2022, 01:34 PM
Yeah shoot me down cause I forgot it wa an early kick off!!

Anyone waking down ER before kickoff would have been amongst them and there were literally thousands of Hibs fans walking up ER mixing with Rangers fans after the game.

Keep it up...oh and why pass St Clare Street to walk down Hawkhill to get to Easter Road when that adds about a mile to your walk before heading to Regent "Terrace" where the the US Consulate is rather than Regent Road where their buses park? You could have swung though Butterfly Way to Meadowbank RetIl Park and saved yourself a half hour walk.

Not questioning the "authenticity" of your recollection just your directional sense and geographicaL awareness...😉

nonshinyfinish
23-08-2022, 01:46 PM

We are talking about two totally different issues here ! Ones about another ciub singing offensive songs twice maybe four times coming to our ground which has been going on a long long time ! Which I wish didn't but it would be near impossible to stop imo ! Main issue which is topic of this thread which you are totally trying to get away from is throwing of objects on the field, we have had this done two times out of two now and have what a other 17 home games is it? Plus maybe home game or games in cup that's another near 20 incidents that could happen !plenty of chances someone getting seriously hurt or losing a eye if it keeps happening ! Major problem that's sadly happening in our stands and only last couple of years it's got bad ! Stamp it out now quickly ,very easy to deal with it ! And must take total priority over everything else!

Elmore Leonard said you should use no more than two or three exclamation marks per 100,000 words of prose. You've burned through a lifetime supply in an afternoon.

silverhibee
23-08-2022, 01:49 PM
Meanwhile when they're covering smaller games and individual voices from the crowd can be heard they're falling over themselves to apologise when the odd swear word can be heard.

Not a peep when we get subjected to sectarian and terrorist sympathising chants from Rangers or Celtic fans though - apparently that's a "special atmosphere".

This is very annoying, the commentators magically here a sweary from the stands or the dugout and they are tripping over each other to apologise but 1000s singing sectarian nonsense is okay, they know what is being sung and tell you what a great atmosphere there is in the ground, Sky & BT need to be spoken about this, they say do nothing regards it, they are basically promoting singing of anti catholic or Protestant songs, yes they turn down the volume on certain microphones but you can still hear it, time for someone to say something to these big companies who are making a fortune that if these songs continue then it shouldn’t be microphones being turned down but the the volume being turned off completely..

silverhibee
23-08-2022, 01:51 PM

And you need to get your hearing checked.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 02:29 PM
Keep it up...oh and why pass St Clare Street to walk down Hawkhill to get to Easter Road when that adds about a mile to your walk before heading to Regent "Terrace" where the the US Consulate is rather than Regent Road where their buses park? You could have swung though Butterfly Way to Meadowbank RetIl Park and saved yourself a half hour walk.

Not questioning the "authenticity" of your recollection just your directional sense and geographicaL awareness...😉

Thanks for the lesson. I actually park at the top of ER near Abbeyhill, I don’t know the exact name of the streets, I live in Glasgow.

I didn’t think I had to be quite so specific with what I was saying. Everyone else just accepted that Hibs and rangers fans mixed before and after the game.

If you had done the same none of this would have been necessary!

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 02:29 PM
And you need to get your hearing checked.

Yeah it’s been said already. Thanks for coming to the party though!!

Libby Hibby
23-08-2022, 02:35 PM
Yeah it’s been said already. Thanks for coming to the party though!!

Why so aggressive? Chill and smile, things are good at Hibs this week.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 02:40 PM
Why so aggressive? Chill and smile, things are good at Hibs this week.

You’re right , they are.

And because I said I enjoyed myself on Saturday I was accused of being a rangers fan. That then quickly moved to posters implying I’m fine with racists and sectarianism.

It’s been a pretty ****ty response from a lot of people towards me on this thread.

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the lesson. I actually park at the top of ER near Abbeyhill, I don’t know the exact name of the streets, I live in Glasgow.

I didn’t think I had to be quite so specific with what I was saying. Everyone else just accepted that Hibs and rangers fans mixed before and after the game.

If you had done the same none of this would have been necessary!

Wow you found the elusive parking space in Abbeyhill at the top of Easter Rd? Neat, given the locals can't get parked there for love nor money.

By the time I got on to Easter Road the horde was gone.

WeeRussell
23-08-2022, 03:08 PM

Who called you a racist? I may have missed it while scanning through this thread but the only direct or personal comment I seen was you calling someone a “****ing weirdo”

Another of many posts of yours I found strange and not surprised a few people questioned you really needing to ask if the Huns sang many sectarian songs!

Now you’re complaining about getting a reaction when it would seem pretty clear that’s what you were looking for.

Mcbizz1998
23-08-2022, 03:11 PM
Are we really suggesting someone who has been a member since 2007 with over 7k posts is a deeply closeted hun? [emoji23]

For what it’s worth I come out the east, down St Clair Street and then left up Easter Road after games and have run into Hearts, Huns and Celtic fans on many occasions (though not at the weekend as I wasn’t there). I also enjoy Rangers games and don’t pay any attention to what they sing.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 03:12 PM
Wow you found the elusive parking space in Abbeyhill at the top of Easter Rd? Neat, given the locals can't get parked there for love nor money.

By the time I got on to Easter Road the horde was gone.

:faf: Now I’m pissing off the locals cause of where I park?!

What’s your problem with me? I’ve no clue who you are so don’t know why you’re wanting to know so much about where I park and walk.

Another stalking weirdo.

WeeRussell
23-08-2022, 03:14 PM

What’s your problem with me? I’ve no clue who you are so don’t know why you’re wanting to know so much about where I park and walk.

Another stalking weirdo.

I don’t know that area, but I assumed he was suggesting he didn’t believe you. Not that it was unfair on locals.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Are we really suggesting someone who has been a member since 2007 with over 7k posts is a deeply closeted hun? [emoji23]

For what it’s worth I come out the east, down St Clair Street and then left up Easter Road after games and have run into Hearts, Huns and Celtic fans on many occasions (though not at the weekend as I wasn’t there). I also enjoy Rangers games and don’t pay any attention to what they sing.

Thank you so much. It’s ridiculous how far this has gone.

By the way, I reckon there’s somewhere between 15,000 and 15,100 of us who enjoyed Saturday. The rest were too busy listening out to be offended.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 03:17 PM
I don’t know that area, but I assumed he was suggesting he didn’t believe you. Not that it was unfair on locals.

Yeah I lied about where I parked.

You know, for reasons…….

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2022, 03:17 PM

Another stalking weirdo.
A bit of sport Chief, like a cat toying with a mouse.

I dont doubt the voracity of your account its just the discrepancies indicate parallel universes exist in South Leith😘

silverhibee
23-08-2022, 03:24 PM

If it’s very easy to deal with then why are Hibs not doing anything about it, as you say it’s being going on for years now, you would think with these fancy cctv cameras that we would be catching these offenders who are constantly throwing things.

Mcbizz1998
23-08-2022, 03:25 PM
A bit of sport Chief, like a cat toying with a mouse.

I dont doubt the voracity of your account its just the discrepancies indicate parallel universes exist in South Leith[emoji8]

A bit of sport? You mean you have been trolling for your own amusement?

Weird.

silverhibee
23-08-2022, 03:26 PM
You’re right , they are.

And because I said I enjoyed myself on Saturday I was accused of being a rangers fan. That then quickly moved to posters implying I’m fine with racists and sectarianism.

It’s been a pretty ****ty response from a lot of people towards me on this thread.

Boo hoo.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 03:50 PM
Boo hoo.

Really?? This is all you've got to offer?

You'd have been better staying quiet.

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2022, 03:55 PM
A bit of sport? You mean you have been trolling for your own amusement?

Weird.

You need to differentiate between trolling and dangling bait to expose discrepancies in the accepted reality.

I fully accept;

1. That he enjoyed Saturday.
2. That he mis-recalled the kick off time
3. That he parked his car at the top of Easter Road near Abbeyhill [we all get lucky some times]
4. That he mingled amiably with fellow football supporters , from the west like himself.
5. That his hearing range differs from 15,000 others
6. That hedid indeed head north away from the stadium, and the opposite direction to his parked car when he left the West Upper North setion of the stadium at full time.
7. That his walking pace is fleet footed given the pace he covered the ground to encounter the Rangers fans at the top of Easter Road.
8. That he accidentally misplaced his car as he continued to mingle in Regent Terrace, next to the old Royal High and US Consulate before remembering the that he had parked in Abbeyhill at the top of Easter Road
9. That his inconsistencies are a mere figments of my imagination.
10. That his recollection is not befuddled, bewildering or in any way open to question...

Libby Hibby
23-08-2022, 04:00 PM
You need to differentiate between trolling and dangling bait to expose discrepancies in the accepted reality.

I fully accept;

1. That you enjoyed Saturday.
2. That you mis-recalled the kick off time
3. That you parked your car at the top of Easter Road near Abbeyhill [we all get lucky some times]
4. That you mingled amiably with fellow football supporters , from the west like yourself.
5. That your hearing range differs from 15,000 others
6. That you did indeed head north away from the stadium, and the opposite direction to your parked car when you left the West Upper North setion of the stadium at full time.
7. That your walking pace is fleet footed given the pace you covered the ground to encounter the Rangers fans at the top of Easter Road.
8. That you accidentally misplaced your car as you continued to mingle in Regent Terrace, next to the old Royal High and US Consulate before remembering you had parked in Abbeyhill at the top of Easter Road
9. That your inconsistencies are a mere figments of my imagination.
10. That your recollection is not befuddled, bewildering or in any way open to question...

I don’t doubt your motives but this is a little creepy.

gbhibby
23-08-2022, 04:45 PM
While the chief spreads himself all over Leith.

CentreLine
23-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Boo hoo.

C’mon guys. Back off with digging in to Hibs supporters. We are all Hibs and WhiletheChief makes some perfectly good points. May not agree with everyone but this is beginning to feel like hanging up.
Let’s chill out a little, as the young folk say

hibsbollah
23-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Moving on from the pile-on...:greengrin

More nonsense from the Record today; apparently Hibs are guilty of 'brutal' trolling of Morelos. Im really not sure how they measure 'brutality', but its real hun snowflakery of the highest order. Pleasing.

green day
23-08-2022, 05:06 PM

More nonsense from the Record today; apparently Hibs are guilty of 'brutal' trolling of Morelos. Im really not sure how they measure 'brutality', but its real hun snowflakery of the highest order. Pleasing.
Pandering to their Hun readers. No idea why anyone in Edinburgh would buy that rag

cabbageandribs1875
23-08-2022, 05:10 PM
i've noticed the last couple of times i've watched Sevco games the orcs are back to singing the sash again

bringbackbenny
23-08-2022, 05:26 PM
i've noticed the last couple of times i've watched Sevco games the orcs are back to singing the sash again

I wasn't aware they'd stopped?

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2022, 05:46 PM
I wasn't aware they'd stopped?

Don’t know I couldn’t hear them from my seat in the West Upper 😂

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2022, 05:47 PM
C’mon guys. Back off with digging in to Hibs supporters. We are all Hibs and WhiletheChief makes some perfectly good points. May not agree with everyone but this is beginning to feel like hanging up.
Let’s chill out a little, as the young folk say

Thank you!

hibbyfraelibby
23-08-2022, 06:02 PM
Don’t know I couldn’t hear them from my seat in the West Upper 😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣

RIP
23-08-2022, 06:26 PM

I fully accept;

3. That he parked his car at the top of Easter Road near Abbeyhill [we all get lucky some times]
4. That he mingled amiably with fellow football supporters , from the west like himself.
6. That hedid indeed head north away from the stadium, and the opposite direction to his parked car when he left the West Upper North setion of the stadium at full time.
7. That his walking pace is fleet footed given the pace he covered the ground to encounter the Rangers fans at the top of Easter Road.
8. That he accidentally misplaced his car as he continued to mingle in Regent Terrace, next to the old Royal High and US Consulate before remembering the that he had parked in Abbeyhill at the top of Easter Road
10. That his recollection is not befuddled, bewildering or in any way open to question...

Excellent investigation my friend. When Hibs.Net have its next get together Iets lay bets on the likelihood of an appearance 😀

Mcbizz1998
23-08-2022, 07:08 PM

I fully accept;

https://media0.giphy.com/media/jeXiz1RAvzX44/giphy.gif

Lago
23-08-2022, 07:20 PM
I agree 100%.

Unfortunately it will never happen under our current owners, who’d rather fill the away end with bigots prepared to pay 35 blue pounds a head and have huge gaps in the home end than try anything creative to change it.

I applaud what St Mirren are doing.
How are the current owners different from the previous owners, I can’t remember Sir Tom Farmer or Petrie ever suggesting limits to Celtic or Rangers fans.

The Harp Awakes
23-08-2022, 07:31 PM

I fully accept;

In WTC's defence, I'm pretty sure he's said in the past, that he was a big fan of Neil Lennon whe he was our boss. Doesn't fit with the hun imposter stuff:dunno:

Smartie
23-08-2022, 07:43 PM
How are the current owners different from the previous owners, I can’t remember Sir Tom Farmer or Petrie ever suggesting limits to Celtic or Rangers fans.

They’re the ones who have presided over the hefty hike in walk up prices for category A games.

Knowing we’ll sell out the derbies, it’s just struck me as a move to rinse as much cash as possible out of the Rangers and Celtic supports whilst minimising the chances of us having a big home support.

The previous regime didn’t do that to anything like the same extent.

RIP
23-08-2022, 10:31 PM
In WTC's defence, I'm pretty sure he's said in the past, that he was a big fan of Neil Lennon whe he was our boss. Doesn't fit with the hun imposter stuff:dunno:

Most of us can remember details of a game we attended a few days ago. Provided we were actually Hibs fans who go to Easter Road.

On the Gers front, there’s very few Hibs fans I know got accounts on Follow Follow. So I’d imagine there’s negligible traffic coming back the other way.

Kickback on the other hand? I reckon we probably have over 100 Hibbies registered some of whom have been posting for years. Given their obsession with us, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t even more coming back from the PBS.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2022, 07:16 AM
Most of us can remember details of a game we attended a few days ago. Provided we were actually Hibs fans who go to Easter Road.

On the Gers front, there’s very few Hibs fans I know got accounts on Follow Follow. So I’d imagine there’s negligible traffic coming back the other way.

Kickback on the other hand? I reckon we probably have over 100 Hibbies registered some of whom have been posting for years. Given their obsession with us, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t even more coming back from the PBS.

You think I’m a Rangers fan?