PDA

View Full Version : Banners draped over advertising hoardings in away end

Carheenlea
20-08-2022, 02:11 PM
Yet again, it appears that Rangers supporters are held to different standards than the rest of us about where is permissible to display banners.

Try doing this yourself at any away ground, or even in Easter Road and you’ll find your flag won’t be allowed to stay up for very long.

If I owned a business and spent a sizeable sum on stadium advertising only to find my advert obscured by a sea of Union Flags for one of the bigger games of the season I’d probably be getting on the phone first thing on Monday to look at a refund of sorts.

https://i.postimg.cc/gJqr093Y/3-A1799-AB-A6-B4-4068-A5-BD-E3-D68-C865861.jpg (https://postimg.cc/62qBHmHS)

Steven79
20-08-2022, 02:18 PM
Not only that but clearly overcrowding yet again and it's Hibs that would be held liable if anything happened so it's time they done something about it.

Torto7
20-08-2022, 02:27 PM
Imagine the stench. :sick:

LunasBoots
20-08-2022, 02:47 PM
Overcrowding aswell again, doubling up at the gates and allowed to do so.

Itsnoteasy
20-08-2022, 02:47 PM
Yet again, it appears that Rangers supporters are held to different standards than the rest of us about where is permissible to display banners.

Try doing this yourself at any away ground, or even in Easter Road and you’ll find your flag won’t be allowed to stay up for very long.

If I owned a business and spent a sizeable sum on stadium advertising only to find my advert obscured by a sea of Union Flags for one of the bigger games of the season I’d probably be getting on the phone first thing on Monday to look at a refund of sorts.

https://i.postimg.cc/gJqr093Y/3-A1799-AB-A6-B4-4068-A5-BD-E3-D68-C865861.jpg (https://postimg.cc/62qBHmHS)
Spot on with 2nd paragraph

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2022, 03:16 PM

When the OF have to leave their filthy stain in our stadium, we should hand the advertising boards over to Nil by Mouth for free.

BoomtownHibees
20-08-2022, 03:19 PM

Seen stewards lifting them back over the boards before the game. One Hun got chucked out for no letting them. Then after that it was like they just gave up and never done anything about them

LunasBoots
20-08-2022, 06:13 PM
Group of around 30 of them rushed in through the disabled access, many fans had old tickets from a previous game and where trying to get in....from a steward who was working that end.

CL0762
20-08-2022, 06:26 PM
You could tell where the onion bears where that it was severely overcrowded.

****ing vermin I hate them with every fibre of my being.

The Harp Awakes
20-08-2022, 06:34 PM

Yip, the jambos and all the other clubs are irrelevant to me. Just run of the mill clubs or imitations like Celtic.

The Rangers however, they are the **** of the earth. An institution which somehow survives when it should have been closed down a long time ago - both versions.

Greencore
20-08-2022, 06:35 PM

A family friend had a loss of a loved one and takes his brothers flag to each home game. Had got told he couldn't cover the advertising board.

How come these ****bags get away with this pish.

Also fwiw
Why can't we cut their allocation? Why do we accept getting 800 tickets at their ground and give these subhumans a full 3k stand.

Bostonhibby
20-08-2022, 06:46 PM
Up to Hibs to just remove this assorted crap out the way surely?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
20-08-2022, 06:53 PM
Yip, the jambos and all the other clubs are irrelevant to me. Just run of the mill clubs or imitations like Celtic.

The Rangers however, they are the **** of the earth. An institution which somehow survives when it should have been closed down a long time ago - both versions.

I find you can have a bit of banter with fans of almost every other club. I don't have many friends that are Hearts fans but the couple I do have and the other acquaintances will give it and take it. I want to beat Hearts, I don't much care for them but it's only football.

It's so much deeper with Rangers. Even the guys who come across as being 'alright' let the mask slip eventually. Be that in a group, after a drink or when they feel backed into a corner. The bigotry (90 minutes or otherwise) and hatred is always bubbling just below the surface.

LewysGot2
20-08-2022, 06:55 PM

There were big empty gaps at the top right as we looked at it. So some would have definitely been folk moving to be with the Onion Bears. Which if we’re honest some of our fans do too at away games as well…

Helensburghhibs
20-08-2022, 07:42 PM
A family friend had a loss of a loved one and takes his brothers flag to each home game. Had got told he couldn't cover the advertising board.

Also fwiw
Why can't we cut their allocation? Why do we accept getting 800 tickets at their ground and give these subhumans a full 3k stand.

Once we sellout our 3 stands and need the extra seats we can start talking about cutting allocations. Before that would be cutting our nose off to spite our face

He's here!
20-08-2022, 07:56 PM
I imagine the stewards are scared of getting too involved. I would be.

Irish_Steve
20-08-2022, 08:03 PM
Maybe when we go to Ibrox, we should all take "CINCH" banners with us, flags, t-shirts... you get the idea lol

GreenCastle
20-08-2022, 08:07 PM
Definitely over crowding - it’s clear from the pic.

A thread like this appears after every game and seems Hibs do nothing.

Is Kieran still fan liaison ? They talk about match day experience but seems away fans get away with so much and it’s tolerated. Then you wonder why some Hibs fans can’t be arsed with these games.

Chorley Hibee
20-08-2022, 08:12 PM

Well it's about time we started doing it and asking why the gruesome twosome are held to a different set of rules etc.

There's plenty of evidence to support this.

Mick O'Rourke
20-08-2022, 08:29 PM
Its all been said and action most certainly must be taken to ensure that is the last time they will drape their no surrender flags over Holy Ground stand walls.They are not Derry's Walls!

They might cite its the Butchers Aprons and the Country's flag blah blah, which they will.
Well wrap it roond yer waist then,or preferably your kneck,tightly.

The space they block earns the club cash.
So get the flags and bus banners off our stand !!

I would imagine Keiran Power reads these posts and am sure he will take it up with who is responsible for checking tickets at away turnstiles,having read about the reported overcrowding in that stand.

Numbers of police in attendance?
Not enough of them doing a job,and to many stewards turn a blind eye .

Instead of standing in the corner,chewing the fat and or watching the game,police should get in the stand .

You did plenty circulating at ER when i was a boy.
A lot of you enjoyed it,
On a cold winter afternoon or night,if you lifted someone,you won a watch.
You got to go back to the nice coal fire in Gayfield Square,or a warm black maria outside the ground having tea and reading The Express or Mail

Also monitoring and policing the gangways/aisles and of course the toilets They have been demolished in the past .

I nearly got a bad one at Hampden 2016
I had an aisle seat about halfway down in line o 18yrd box
When Stokes scored the 2nd,the gangway started to fill.and fill and fill
When the final whistle went i was knocked flying by a huge Hibs fan twice my size ,maybe more.
He saw me on the deck, but coudnae care,just kept going and was no youngster.
No other fan at a game had ever managed that to me
But 64 yr old men should not be getting pushed over by younger bigger Hibbys.
I was not standing in the aisle.He caught my shoulder and with his weight and the speed he was going that was enough to throw me.
One or two policemen visibly in that aisle may have made a difference/
I was lucky,not in the best of health even then, and brittle bones.
Couple sat next to me smothered me to stop me getting trampled,till some eventually got me up.
Real lucky,.

Strange world.
The guy who helped me has a cousin who was at school with me who accidentally broke my wrist at school swimming session at Doccy Bells

GGTTH
SOL
HGSP

LunasBoots
20-08-2022, 08:36 PM

I'd imagine so, I know a steward who was manning the disable entrance at the away end with another person. A group of around 30 rushed the doors and got in, luckily they only pushed the stwards and no other harm was brought on them while earning very little to be doing there job.

I'm_cabbaged
20-08-2022, 08:40 PM
Well it's about time we started doing it and asking why the gruesome twosome are held to a different set of rules etc.

There's plenty of evidence to support this.

Sure I read on here that stewards come through from over there somewhere for the uglies games?

Itsnoteasy
20-08-2022, 09:05 PM
Also fwiw
Why can't we cut their allocation? Why do we accept getting 800 tickets at their ground and give these subhumans a full 3k stand.[/QUOTE]

As we can't even sell out our own end. So let's just throw guaranteed money down the drain 🤔

matty_f
20-08-2022, 09:11 PM
I know not all Rangers fans are bigots, but for the life of me I can't understand why or how someone who isn't a bigot would associate themselves with a club that is so publicly and unashamedly anti-Catholic.

If Hibs had a majority of the support who were racist, who frequently sang racist songs of hate, I would be distancing myself from Hibs very quickly. I wouldn't want to be seen to be endorsing or accepting that.

I honestly don't understand how people can accept it or turn a blind eye to it.

Greencore
20-08-2022, 09:14 PM
I know not all Rangers fans are bigots, but for the life of me I can't understand why or how someone who isn't a bigot would associate themselves with a club that is so publicly and unashamedly anti-Catholic.

If Hibs had a majority of the support who were racist, who frequently sang racist songs of hate, I would be distancing myself from Hibs very quickly. I wouldn't want to be seen to be endorsing or accepting that.

I honestly don't understand how people can accept it or turn a blind eye to it.

I used to live in Ayr and it was basically leith for rangers fans. A lot of northern Irish and Irish for that matter would come over for work. Most not all would spout their bigot crap without a second thought. Its life for them, they think its perfectly normal to think and behave this way. I heard them on buses calling Alex salmond a fenian etc....

It's scary, these are middle aged men.

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2022, 09:25 PM
until the advertisers start complaining to hibs.....

or maybe they do but hibs point out the hassle it could cause, or the advertisers are well aware of it and accept it

Cardinal G
20-08-2022, 10:45 PM
I used to live in Ayr and it was basically leith for rangers fans. A lot of northern Irish and Irish for that matter would come over for work. Most not all would spout their bigot crap without a second thought. Its life for them, they think its perfectly normal to think and behave this way. I heard them on buses calling Alex salmond a fenian etc....

Couldn't help but chuckle at the irony of them singing "whose the fenian in the black"

Nakedmanoncrack
20-08-2022, 11:12 PM
Same every time, they come to ER and take piss, doing whatever they want, and Hibs do and say nothing, so no wonder it gets progressively worse.

ErinGoBraghHFC
21-08-2022, 01:31 AM

Arm the stewards with soap n water in that case, smelly gimps would be like one of the uncontacted tribes in the Amazon when they see an airplane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErinGoBraghHFC
21-08-2022, 01:41 AM

Ah yes, Alex Salmond. The Church of Scotland going, Hearts supporting Fenian. They really are a special breed that lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pagan Hibernia
21-08-2022, 06:58 AM

Also fwiw

Ron Gordon isn’t going to write off tens of thousands of pounds twice a season on a point of principle sadly. Not when Hibs aren’t selling out their own 3 sides.

it’s not right (especially with our measly allocation at grayskull) but it is what it is.

Tambo
21-08-2022, 11:40 AM
https://youtube/CJTMNcdyd0E

Stupid Hun climbing the side of the south stand to put a flat up.

Alot of evidence in this thread to write to the sfa especially that picture of the overcrowding. Even a blind eye can see the amount of empty seats vs fans.

The_Sauz
21-08-2022, 02:11 PM
Sure I read on here that stewards come through from over there somewhere for the uglies games?
That was me :greengrin The core of stewards for the OF games are bused in from the Glasgow area!

bod
21-08-2022, 02:25 PM
Once we sellout our 3 stands and need the extra seats we can start talking about cutting allocations. Before that would be cutting our nose off to spite our face

:agree:

Carheenlea
21-08-2022, 02:33 PM
That was me :greengrin The core of stewards for the OF games are bused in from the Glasgow area!

Is Staunch Steward one of them..? :greengrin

https://twitter.com/staunch_steward?s=21&t=pNemLvzM5324n9uj2_IGcQ

SideBurns
21-08-2022, 02:39 PM
I said a couple of seasons ago I wouldn't go back to a Huns game at ER as I end up going radge, and a man my age shouldn't get so upset at the fitba'. Yesterday I didn't have a pre-match pint and thought the lack of alcohol might make a difference.

It didn't, and perhaps sad to say I hate them as much as I ever did. And I've met several good yins over the years - collectively though, they really are a horrible, bigoted lot.

Not In The Know
21-08-2022, 03:44 PM
Not only that but clearly overcrowding yet again and it's Hibs that would be held liable if anything happened so it's time they done something about it.

I was just about to post the same thing. How can this be allowed?? Can KP bring this up?

McD
21-08-2022, 05:39 PM
Group of around 30 of them rushed in through the disabled access, many fans had old tickets from a previous game and where trying to get in....from a steward who was working that end.

didn't they pull a similar stunt at Kilmarnock a few years ago, and end up on top of a shelter (possibly for wheelchair fans?) that collapsed, and they had the cheek to start claiming their safety had been put in danger?! Ignoring the fact that they’d overpopulated the stand, and shouldn’t have been on the roof in the first place

Sir David Gray
21-08-2022, 05:46 PM
didn't they pull a similar stunt at Kilmarnock a few years ago, and end up on top of a shelter (possibly for wheelchair fans?) that collapsed, and they had the cheek to start claiming their safety had been put in danger?! Ignoring the fact that they’d overpopulated the stand, and shouldn’t have been on the roof in the first place

Yes the roof of the wheelchair shelter (housing their own fans) collapsed after their fans climbed onto it a few years ago.