PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks for Saturday

iwasthere1972
18-08-2022, 04:49 PM
I feel that I have to give this a mention as not all football fans get good reviews on social media.

After watching Hibs go down 2-1 to Livingston on Saturday I made my way to Livingston North train station to make my way back to Edinburgh. Took about 25 minutes to get there from the stadium and I arrived just as the train was about to leave for the capital. When I arrived there earlier in the day there was someone from Scotrail to provide a ramp to get me off the train. This time there was nobody from Scotrail except the driver in the train.

As I said, the train was about to leave and with there being no ramp I was going nowhere. That's until a bunch of hibs supporters decided to keep the train doors from closing and the train departing. Two were keeping the doors open while four of them lifted me and my electric wheelchair on the train. The combined weight of me and my chair is 182K. That's the equivalent of two fully grown men and ten bags of 2K potatoes. What do you mean who ate all the pies! It's not a thing you would advise but it got me on the train. Arrived in Edinburgh and, although it took the staff fifteen minutes to organise, I was safely ramped off the train.

So a big thanks to the Hibs fans who said that there was no way they were leaving me behind.

GGTTH

DaveF
18-08-2022, 04:52 PM
👍 good guys, whoever they were.

worcesterhibby
18-08-2022, 04:53 PM
I feel that I have to give this a mention as not all football fans get good reviews on social media.

After watching Hibs go down 2-1 to Livingston on Saturday I made my way to Livingston North train station to make my way back to Edinburgh. Took about 25 minutes to get there from the stadium and I arrived just as the train was about to leave for the capital. When I arrived there earlier in the day there was someone from Scotrail to provide a ramp to get me off the train. This time there was nobody from Scotrail except the driver in the train.

As I said, the train was about to leave and with there being no ramp I was going nowhere. That's until a bunch of hibs supporters decided to keep the train doors from closing and the train departing. Two were keeping the doors open while four of them lifted me and my electric wheelchair on the train. The combined weight of me and my chair is 182K. That's the equivalent of two fully grown men and ten bags of 2K potatoes. What do you mean who ate all the pies! It's not a thing you would advise but it got me on the train. Arrived in Edinburgh and, although it took the staff fifteen minutes to organise, I was safely ramped off the train.

So a big thanks to the Hibs fans who said that there was no way they were leaving me behind.

GGTTH

Great to hear, well done the guys who got you on !

:applause::applause::applause:

wookie70
18-08-2022, 05:09 PM
Well done Hibees.

Weststandwanab
18-08-2022, 05:45 PM
Well done Hibees.

Whomever you are hero's

stu in nottingham
18-08-2022, 06:16 PM

GGTTH

Fantastic and I would expect no less from fellow Hibs fans. 10/10

Pretty Boy
18-08-2022, 06:36 PM
'Hibs fans delay train and manhandle gentleman in wheelchair' - The Daily Record.

Well done to all involved.

iwasthere1972
18-08-2022, 08:18 PM
'Hibs fans delay train and manhandle gentleman in wheelchair' - The Daily Record.

Well done to all involved.

Brilliant.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2022, 10:00 PM
Good to hear, sadly having problems getting on the train in the first place as a wheelchair user is an all too familiar experience in this country.