PDA

View Full Version : Allan v doidge

at last 61
15-08-2022, 09:27 AM
The 2 of them have IMHO health issues so why keep doidge but not Allan, obviously we don't know the full facts on their health issues but just thought we should have kept Allan on a reduced wage and gave him time

Edinburgh Green
15-08-2022, 09:28 AM
The 2 of them have IMHO health issues so why keep doidge but not Allan, obviously we don't know the full facts on their health issues but just thought we should have kept Allan on a reduced wage and gave him time

Have I missed something? What's Doidges health issue?

Callum_62
15-08-2022, 09:35 AM
We were correct to release Allan

Keeping or getting rid of Doidge is unrelated to Scott Allan

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2022, 09:39 AM

I must have missed it too.

Colr
15-08-2022, 09:41 AM

Two left feet?

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2022, 09:43 AM
Allan has a health issue and was out of contract

Doidge does not have a health issue and has years on his contract.

Hopefully that's cleared up. Daft thread.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2022, 09:45 AM
Allan has a health issue and was out of contract

Doidge does not have a health issue and has years on his contract.

Hopefully that's cleared up. Daft thread.

He suffered from long covid

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2022, 09:50 AM

Fair enough. Still under contract so nothing to be done.

HTD1875
15-08-2022, 10:30 AM
Not sure what relevance it has to Scott Allan but giving Doidge, JDH, Hanlon, Stevenson and Campbell long term deals at the end of November 2021 still baffles me to this day.

Sacking JR a week later made it even stranger.

Frazerbob
15-08-2022, 10:37 AM
I can’t think of a worse number 9 in my time following Hibs. I’m sure there have been some, but can’t recall them just now.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2022, 10:39 AM
I can’t think of a worse number 9 in my time following Hibs.

Doidge isn't even close to the worst striker we've had. Not even close. There is just no argument for that.

BoomtownHibees
15-08-2022, 10:42 AM
I can’t think of a worse number 9 in my time following Hibs. I’m sure there have been some, but can’t recall them just now.

Have you only followed us for the last 2 years?

Do you mean specifically number 9’s or strikers in general?

LaMotta
15-08-2022, 10:49 AM
Doidge isn't even close to the worst striker we've had. Not even close. There is just no argument for that.

Have you only followed us for the last 2 years?

Do you mean specifically number 9’s or strikers in general?

:agree::agree:

He has a very good goal scoring rate when compared against other Hibs strikers over the years.

Pagan Hibernia
15-08-2022, 10:57 AM

no chance. 32 goals in his first two seasons.

lost his way a bit recently, as well as injuries and other health issues.

he’s not what you’d call majestic, but his goal scoring record isn’t terrible.

WeeRussell
15-08-2022, 11:01 AM

Some of his recent performances I could see your argument. Overall definitely not.

Northernhibee
15-08-2022, 11:03 AM

Ironic as I can’t think of a worse take on a striker on here in years.

stantonhibby
15-08-2022, 11:10 AM

Rowan Vine is the first name that springs to mind and there will be numerous others.

brog
15-08-2022, 11:10 AM
:agree::agree:

He has a very good goal scoring rate when compared against other Hibs strikers over the years.

He has a very good scoring rate against lower league teams, about 1 in 2. It's much less good against Premier teams, about 1 in 3 to 4 and unfortunately it's declining every year.

brog
15-08-2022, 11:19 AM

I don't think it's ever been reported that he had long covid Billy, just a bad bout followed by an Achilles injury. However after Clyde game he said he was fully fit and back to his best. Unfortunately he's been extremely poor ever since which is hugely disappointing as I believe a central striker is just what we need.

Centre Hawf
15-08-2022, 11:25 AM

Rowan Vine
Shefki Kuqi
Paul Heffernan
Brian Graham

Just a few of many that were far worse than Doidge has been for Hibs. He's certainly not great at the moment and hasn't been for at least a year now, and while I've never been his biggest fan I'd say in the grand scheme of things his signing has been a success with what he has contributed overall over the years.

thebausburst
15-08-2022, 11:37 AM

Long Hopeless more like

LaMotta
15-08-2022, 12:02 PM
He has a very good scoring rate against lower league teams, about 1 in 2. It's much less good against Premier teams, about 1 in 3 to 4 and unfortunately it's declining every year.

There is no doubt he hasn't been great for a while now but someone said they couldn't remember a worse number 9.

From strikers over the last 30 years or so Doidge has a better goals per game ratio at Hibs than most including Steven Fletcher and Darren Jackson, has a similar goals per game rate as Mixu and Keith Wright, and his scoring rate is only bettered by the likes of O'Connor, Griffiths and Riordan.

Many of their goals also came against lower league clubs. There are also plenty of Hibs strikers who have failed to score against lower league clubs too.

Most of the strikers above listed above took penalties as well, CD doesnt take pens, so makes Doidge's overall record even more impressive.

HFC93
15-08-2022, 12:32 PM
This thread feels very unfair on Doidge. I haven't seen anything about him suffering any long term health condition comparable to Allan's well documented heart problems. Unsubstantiated stuff like this isn't fair on him regardless of what you think of him as a player. Not something to joke about.