PDA

View Full Version : Doidge

SDavey1992
13-08-2022, 03:49 PM
Not just content with contributing nothing in 18 months to Hibs' attack, he is now costing us points by losing his man. How many more games will this useless tit cost us by contributing nothing but English League 2 mediocrity.

I'd rather play with 10 men, in any game.

Nicho87
13-08-2022, 03:53 PM
Get rid and get a centre half in

On the basis we’re getting the attacking midfielder

We are still 2 players short

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2022, 03:55 PM
We were much worse with the alternatives playing.

Heisenberg
13-08-2022, 03:55 PM
No one can stick up for him after that. He looks done at this level. Zero positive impact on that game for us.

SaulGoodman
13-08-2022, 03:56 PM
Wouldn’t be sad to never see him in a Hibs top again

supermcginn
13-08-2022, 03:58 PM
Can't leave quick enough. Passenger

Unseen work
13-08-2022, 03:59 PM
I just said it in the match day thread, but he needs to do far far more.

He is meant to lead the line, link play, be physical etc etc and he just isn’t doing it, he offers nothing at the moment.

Youan looked a lot better out wide to me so based on that I’d be signing a new centre forward and sell Doidge.

Nouble anyone?

Since452
13-08-2022, 04:00 PM
I'm starting to agree with others now unfortunately.

CL0762
13-08-2022, 04:01 PM

Give it a rest eh. Doidge is pish & today has had a massive impact in us not coming away with anything from the game.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2022, 04:06 PM
Give it a rest eh. Doidge is pish & today has had a massive impact in us not coming away with anything from the game.

And yet, what I said was absolutely correct. You may not like him but he's currently part of our best 11. Tavares absolutely woeful

Sgt. Hartman
13-08-2022, 04:06 PM
Can’t win a header, can’t hold the ball up, can’t run the channels and doesn’t score goals.

Get him gone!

Scottie
13-08-2022, 04:09 PM
And yet, what I said was absolutely correct. You may not like him but he's currently part of our best 11. Tavares absolutely woeful
:agree: The reason he's still with us playing IS because there is no other viable option that the manager feels would be better. Time for him to go though as he offers nothing at all anymore.

SaulGoodman
13-08-2022, 04:10 PM

There’s youngsters I would rather see start over him. He offers us absolutely nothing.

J-C
13-08-2022, 04:10 PM
Contributed absolute zero, in fact it was a minus as he lost his man for the goal, total passenger.

coldingham hibs
13-08-2022, 04:11 PM
I just said it in the match day thread, but he needs to do far far more.

He is meant to lead the line, link play, be physical etc etc and he just isn’t doing it, he offers nothing at the moment.

Youan looked a lot better out wide to me so based on that I’d be signing a new centre forward and sell Doidge.

Nouble anyone?

Yes, definitely Nouble. If we had him we would have scored about 5 today. That’s our problem, we never go for the big awkward forwards.

Lmc2105
13-08-2022, 04:12 PM
We should try and swap Doidge with Nouble. Nouble would fit into that system so much better.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2022, 04:12 PM
There’s youngsters I would rather see start over him. He offers us absolutely nothing.

Nothing to suggest they would offer more. Melkersen and tavares certainly aren't. Bojang might, but for some reason 5 minutes is his limit.

Looking like a long season ahead.

Hibiza
13-08-2022, 04:13 PM
It's all been said . You wonder if our manager and team just can't see it .😖

FitbaFolkKen
13-08-2022, 04:14 PM
I’ve always quite liked Doidge as he puts himself about and contributes defensively. However he’s offering no goal threat and his attempt at marking the goal scorer there is terrible.

https://twitter.com/freddie_23_23/status/1558480581717098496?s=21&t=uXoe-rC48cIht1Xq6694EQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambernardi1875
13-08-2022, 04:14 PM
Yes, definitely Nouble. If we had him we would have scored about 5 today. That’s our problem, we never go for the big awkward forwards.

He was a handful at Arbroath last season and a reason why they struggled a bit after Xmas, instead of 200k on random kids it would’ve been money well spent

SaulGoodman
13-08-2022, 04:15 PM
Nothing to suggest they would offer more. Melkersen and tavares certainly aren't. Bojang might, but for some reason 5 minutes is his limit.

Looking like a long season ahead.

Well they would only have to offer more than nothing so it’s a decent chance for them.

NC1875
13-08-2022, 04:15 PM
Had a good spell but has been absolutely woeful in the rest of his time here.

Get rid, can’t score, can’t defend.

Tambo
13-08-2022, 04:16 PM
We should try and swap Doidge with Nouble. Nouble would fit into that system so much better.

Can we swap him for wife since that's the reason we can't move him one.

Not really involved in the game, had a few half chances with headers but never really caused any problems.

Nouble was a handful for 90 mins and looked decent with he ball at his feet.

WestStandWillie
13-08-2022, 04:18 PM

He really isn’t part of our best 11. Be struggling to be part of the best 11 in the development squad.

He’s finished at the club. A shell of the player who was scoring for fun a year or so ago.

CL0762
13-08-2022, 04:22 PM

He is absolutely not part of our best XI, absolutely nowhere near it and hasn’t been for over a year.

I never said I didn’t like him, I’m just open minded enough to notice that he’s well off the mark required.

judas
13-08-2022, 04:22 PM
Doidge is like having a mannequin up front

supermcginn
13-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Doidge is like having a mannequin up front

A mannequin would be faster.

A Hi-Bee
13-08-2022, 04:24 PM
It is time to cut the ties with the big fella, it could be long term covid non of us will know for many years yet what the long term effects are, but for Christian it is time up.
It was a pity young Melkersen had to go off, after rolling his ankle in a tackle on that *****y pitch but we need better than Doidge.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2022, 04:24 PM
He is absolutely not part of our best XI, absolutely nowhere near it and hasn’t been for over a year.

I never said I didn’t like him, I’m just open minded enough to notice that he’s well off the mark required.

I'm open minded as well. He wasn't great today and hasn't showed his best for a while. He's never been as poor as tavares was today.

The manager obviously thinks he's better than bojang and took melkersen off after a rotten 30 minutes.

They're all rotten or none of them are. Doidge today wasn't some stand out problem.

A Hi-Bee
13-08-2022, 04:27 PM
I'm open minded as well. He wasn't great today and hasn't showed his best for a while. He's never been as poor as tavares was today.

The manager obviously thinks he's better than bojang and took melkersen off after a rotten 30 minutes.

They're all rotten or none of them are. Doidge today wasn't some stand out problem.

Melkersen went off injured, Doidge was mince, we cannot afford sentiment he is past his sell by date.

thebausburst
13-08-2022, 04:29 PM
Melkersen went off injured, Doidge was mince, we cannot afford sentiment he is past his sell by date.

Melkersons reaction does not suggest he was injured, that was tactical switch.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2022, 04:29 PM

Nothing sentimental about it. No one else is any better. It's sad but true.

spudhib
13-08-2022, 04:32 PM
Hopefully see Boyle and Youan upfront as a two next week Doidge is done no pace and powder puff in the challenge.

The Modfather
13-08-2022, 04:35 PM

It’s sad times when the defence of Doidge seems to amount to whether he’s as bad as the others or slightly less bad. He’s part of the problem, but not unique in that.

A Hi-Bee
13-08-2022, 04:35 PM
Melkersons reaction does not suggest he was injured, that was tactical switch.

Well if it was it didnie ****in work did it, Doidge is mince.
:greengrin

truehibernian
13-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Hopefully see Boyle and Youan upfront as a two next week Doidge is done no pace and powder puff in the challenge.

Hopefully see Doidge away this window. Can’t see us signing this Slovakian lad as a development player for the fee quoted.

JohnM1875
13-08-2022, 04:39 PM
Absolutely done as a Hibs player. Unfortunately the last injury seems to have done him. If Melkerson wasn't injured then he should have stayed on and went up top with Youn and Tavares off.

PaulSmith
13-08-2022, 04:40 PM
Doidge has been a terrible signing, ok big money and cost a significant fee.

Absolutely incredible that we extended his deal.

Since452
13-08-2022, 04:41 PM
I like Doidge. I don't think I've made one negative post about him, until today. I don't know what's going on with him. In the past when he wasn't scoring he was making a nuisance of himself and still effecting the game. He was a passenger today and needs to buck up his ideas pronto.

CL0762
13-08-2022, 04:41 PM

Doidge today was a standout problem as he allowed Obileye free reign to head in the winner.

60 minutes on the park and in a half where we dominated he offered the square root of absolutely zilch.

cabbageandribs1875
13-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Doidge out

Nouble IN

please

Ronniekirk
13-08-2022, 05:25 PM
It seems to be his hat trick V Clyde was a false Dawn Not seeing anything to suggest he is going to get back to his best form
Which is a pity

BoomtownHibees
13-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Time to go

B.H.F.C
13-08-2022, 05:29 PM

It would also be absolutely right to say he cost us a point because he wasn’t switched on enough to defend.

We were better for the introduction of Boyle, not Doidge.

B.H.F.C
13-08-2022, 05:34 PM
I like Doidge. I don't think I've made one negative post about him, until today. I don't know what's going on with him. In the past when he wasn't scoring he was making a nuisance of himself and still effecting the game. He was a passenger today and needs to buck up his ideas pronto.

He can’t move. He’s offered nothing in any of his sub appearances. Zero impact. He let the Livi player go for the winner. And when he’s been let go from a corner at the other end, he just totally missed the ball when he had a free header about six yards out. And he knew it himself when you saw his reaction.

He’s done.

loanheadhibby
13-08-2022, 05:35 PM
You may have a point but please give up on sticking up for Doidge.
He is an embarrassment.

neil7908
13-08-2022, 05:38 PM
Jack Ross and Doidge are apparently not the answer. Who would have thought it???

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2022, 05:49 PM
You may have a point but please give up on sticking up for Doidge.
He is an embarrassment.

Thanks, I'll continue to post what I want, though.

expresso
13-08-2022, 05:49 PM
Doidge, Hanlon & Tavares should be nowhere near the team for next gamec

green.oracle
13-08-2022, 05:53 PM

He's nowhere near part of our best 11.

Just because tavares was woeful, does not make doidge part of the best 11.

LJ obviously thinks he isn't as he's only started 1 game this season.

Time to go. 👎

jeffers
13-08-2022, 05:55 PM
He’s absolutely murder and whoever sanctioned his new deal I hope is no longer at the club. It was a ridiculous decision til it had been determined if he’d got over his injury or not. We are now stuck with a player who doesn’t want to leave, taking up a decent wage while offering nothing.

Edinburgh Green
13-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Doidge is a dud, he’s either still injured or not interested. Seems like he’s quite content to hang around giving the bare minimum as long as he’s close to his missus.

B.H.F.C
13-08-2022, 06:00 PM
He’s absolutely murder and whoever sanctioned his new deal I hope is no longer at the club. It was a ridiculous decision til it had been determined if he’d got over his injury or not. We are now stuck with a player who doesn’t want to leave, taking up a decent wage while offering nothing.

He won’t want to leave because he won’t get as good a deal elsewhere. But, equally, he’s not playing like he wants to be here. I’ve never been his biggest fan but he used to work his balls off. I don’t see that from him now. He just comes on and shuffles around without contributing anything. Compare the trouble Nouble gave our centre halves compared to him against theirs.

NC1875
13-08-2022, 06:01 PM
Absolute donkey

18Craig75
13-08-2022, 06:02 PM
Was blowing with 10 minutes to go after only coming on 20 minutes in. Pathetic, contributed nothing for going on a year now.

Mikey_1875
He should have relished today having Boyle and Youan getting in behind and plenty balls coming in to the box.

Seems a good guy but it’s clear he isn’t the same player anymore. The problem is I think we are struggling for quality alternatives at the moment.

jeffers
He won’t want to leave because he won’t get as good a deal elsewhere. But, equally, he’s not playing like he wants to be here. I’ve never been his biggest fan but he used to work his balls off. I don’t see that from him now. He just comes on and shuffles around without contributing anything. Compare the trouble Nouble gave our centre halves compare to him against theirs.

Agree with every word. Never rated him but his work rate was excellent and when he went on his scoring spells was hard to argue about his contribution. Now he’s an empty jersey.

The Tubs
13-08-2022, 06:03 PM
I've got a feeling that Doidge is one of those folk that don't actually love football and he sees it more as an income. That would explain why he's happy to see out his contract even if it isn't the best option for his footballing ambitions.

If this is true, then the club has to work out how to either get him to move on or get him psychologically back in the zone.

neil7908
13-08-2022, 06:03 PM
Thanks, I'll continue to post what I want, though.

Please do. But berating others for criticising Ross and Doidge is looking a bit less promising after the last few days

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2022, 06:10 PM
Please do. But berating others for criticising Ross and Doidge is looking a bit less promising after the last few days

Sure I could crawl though your posts and find some things you've gotten wrong, or I could just say are wrong.

Does it make you feel good?

I've never berated anyone for criticizing a player or manager. I do if they come out with things such as ''x is utter pish'' because that's just abuse.

neil7908
13-08-2022, 06:17 PM
Sure I could crawl though your posts and find some things you've gotten wrong, or I could just say are wrong.

I've never berated anyone for criticizing a player or manager. I do if they come out with things such as ''x is utter pish'' because that's just abuse.

Absolutely. I thought Terry Butcher was a great appointment.

But I will also admit I was spectacularly wrong on that one.

I hope other posters will also do the same when the facts go against their opinion.

ancient hibee
13-08-2022, 06:35 PM

I hope other posters will also do the same when the facts go against their opinion.

There were plenty more (me included)wanted Butcher. There are as many rewriting that history as the thousands that used to claim to have been at the 7-0 game(including 2 I knew who hadn't been born).

Big_Franck
13-08-2022, 08:29 PM

Good luck with that :greengrin

Not In The Know
13-08-2022, 08:35 PM
Contributed absolute zero, in fact it was a minus as he lost his man for the goal, total passenger.
Summed it up perfectly. His striking contribution today was -1.

Unfit huddie.

KeithTheHibby
13-08-2022, 09:48 PM
I feel sorry for Doidge. There was a player in there a couple of years ago however I think that injury has finished him at this level. He is so anonymous during games you actually forget he is playing. Not something you’d expect from your number 9.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-08-2022, 09:54 PM
Done.

brydekirk
13-08-2022, 10:14 PM
Bojang should be ahead of Dòidge

mutley
13-08-2022, 10:15 PM
I have to agree, as much as I like Doidge, I think he is done and needs to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JohnM1875
13-08-2022, 10:17 PM

On the back of the past few performances Laidlaw and O'Connor should be ahead of Doidge.

JohnM1875
13-08-2022, 10:48 PM

On the back of the past few performances Laidlaw and O'Connor should be ahead of Doidge.

Stuart93
13-08-2022, 11:06 PM

Certainly wouldn’t be against either of the two getting more game time.

Would’ve fancied either Laidlaw or O’Connor to finish Bojangs chance

Real Emerald
14-08-2022, 12:08 AM
I’ve never thought he was good enough but he managed to surprise me by his influence and goals over a period. I like the guy but he’s miles away from the quality of CF we need at Hibs, unfortunately.

Stubbsy90+2
14-08-2022, 06:44 AM

I know someone who knows Josh O’Connor fairly well and also played against him pre season. Apparently he’s not really near first team level. He did say one of the other boys up top is much better but I don’t know if that’s Laidlaw or if it would have been the boy that went to Rangers?

Allant1981
14-08-2022, 07:20 AM
Simply isnt good enough any longer to take us forward, no matter how many times we are told he played well 2 years ago the guy isnt good enough

Stubbsy90+2
14-08-2022, 07:30 AM
Simply isnt good enough any longer to take us forward, no matter how many times we are told he played well 2 years ago the guy isnt good enough

Pretty much sums it up.

For as long as we’re relying on guys like Doidge and Newell we’ll remain bottom 6.

Brooster
14-08-2022, 07:31 AM
I know someone who knows Josh O’Connor fairly well and also played against him pre season. Apparently he’s not really near first team level. He did say one of the other boys up top is much better but I don’t know if that’s Laidlaw or if it would have been the boy that went to Rangers?

O'Connor is miles away, Laidlaw on the other hand is looking very good.

The Modfather
14-08-2022, 07:34 AM
O'Connor is miles away, Laidlaw on the other hand is looking very good.

Does O’Connor, for example, look much further away than the likes of Melkerson? We could have saved whatever we paid for Melkerson and simply shunted one of our own youngsters who isn’t ready out wide.

Nicho87
14-08-2022, 07:48 AM
Doidge is absolute pony

Don’t know why LJ keeps chucking him on - he always gives away fouls doesn’t even win too many headers.

Time to go

Libby Hibby
14-08-2022, 08:04 AM
File Doidge under Newell in the GTF cabinet

Fifehibee1960
14-08-2022, 08:24 AM
File Doidge under Newell in the GTF cabinet

Aye and the quicker the better…. Both are just not good enough…

xqnq1875
14-08-2022, 08:50 AM
Time for him to go no hate to the boy but he really just is awful offers absolutely nothing, poor performance and poor performance

WeeRussell
14-08-2022, 09:54 AM

Seems little point in arguing about Doidge now.

However, out of interest how is “utter pish” abuse and “absolutely woeful” isn’t..Other than one contains a mild swear word?

BoomtownHibees
14-08-2022, 09:57 AM
Done a good job of getting away from his man at the winning goal, as if it was our free kick

Hermit Crab
14-08-2022, 09:59 AM
Done a good job of getting away from his man at the winning goal, as if it was our free kick

He was nowhere near him, in fact he's about 3 yards behind when the ball hits the net. Shambolic defending and he 100% cost us a point yesterday. That should be his last appearance for us. Nowhere near good enough, a striker who can't score and cant defend either. Its laughable.

Stubbsy90+2
14-08-2022, 10:20 AM
Seems little point in arguing about Doidge now.

However, out of interest how is “utter pish” abuse and “absolutely woeful” isn’t..Other than one contains a mild swear word?

JimBHibees
14-08-2022, 10:34 AM
He was nowhere near him, in fact he's about 3 yards behind when the ball hits the net. Shambolic defending and he 100% cost us a point yesterday. That should be his last appearance for us. Nowhere near good enough, a striker who can't score and cant defend either. Its laughable.

That was abysmal especially against clearly one of their main threats. Block his run then get back in he basically walked in unmarked. Basically turned a decent point into a poor loss.

JimBHibees
14-08-2022, 10:36 AM
Doidge is absolute pony

Don’t know why LJ keeps chucking him on - he always gives away fouls doesn’t even win too many headers.

Time to go

He doesn't have many options need another striker in. Still 2 weeks of window left.

HIBS NUTS
14-08-2022, 03:49 PM

Connor young he’s at rangers.
o’connor and laidlaw got bullied by brechin.
they are miles away from the hibs first team, at the moment.

Joe6-2
14-08-2022, 03:52 PM
Doidge is absolute pony

Time to go

That’s what I don’t get, why does he play him!

Scotty Leither
14-08-2022, 04:37 PM
That’s what I don’t get, why does he play him!

There’s naebody else. Two weeks of the window left and we’re still short in defence, midfield, and attack. Not good enough.

Stuart93
14-08-2022, 04:45 PM
There’s naebody else. Two weeks of the window left and we’re still short in defence, midfield, and attack. Not good enough.

Craziness to sign 11/12 players and still be needing to sign a full spine 2 weeks before the end of the window.

We’ll still get it rammed down our throat that it’s a been a great window.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2022, 05:03 PM
It’s sad times when the defence of Doidge seems to amount to whether he’s as bad as the others or slightly less bad. He’s part of the problem, but not unique in that.

Exactly, Tavarez was pish, but Doidge was slightly less pish, was he?

I bet we will all sleep in our bed better knowing that.

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2022, 05:04 PM

I've not said hes the solution to all our problems. He is very out of form. But Tavares was seriously looking like he'd won a cereal packet competition to get on the pitch yesterday.

J-C
14-08-2022, 05:05 PM

Bojang looked lively when he came on, pretty raw but at least got on the end of a low cross even though he missed the target, still looked better than Doidge.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2022, 05:12 PM
I've not said hes the solution to all our problems. He is very out of form. But Tavares was seriously looking like he'd won a cereal packet competition to get on the pitch yesterday.
Very much like Doidge, he was pish, he's been pish for ages. He was no better or worse than Tavarez, who was not much worse than Henderson, who was as bad as Melkerson, who was just as pish as Newell, but dont worry, Newell might have a good 5 minutes against St Mirren.

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2022, 05:15 PM
Very much like Doidge, he was pish, he's been pish for ages. He was no better or worse than Tavarez, who was not much worse than Henderson, who was as bad as Melkerson, who was just as pish as Newell, but dont worry, Newell might have a good 5 minutes against St Mirren.

Terrific discussion.

JimBHibees
14-08-2022, 06:15 PM

Hibstrooper
14-08-2022, 06:20 PM
Tavarez is a project, only 21 and not ready to be relied on right now. I still think he will come good but he’s moved to a new country and playing regular first team football for the first time. He should be coming on at ER when we are in a good position, not starting at small sticky pitches like Livi.

However our injury situation means we have no other choice, or the other choice is play Doidge through the middle and Youan out wide. Doidge is done and needs replaced

J-C
14-08-2022, 06:23 PM

In a nutshell. :aok:

Brooster
14-08-2022, 08:41 PM
Does O’Connor, for example, look much further away than the likes of Melkerson? We could have saved whatever we paid for Melkerson and simply shunted one of our own youngsters who isn’t ready out wide.

Melkerson is streets ahead of O’Connor in my opinion.

Brooster
14-08-2022, 08:43 PM
Connor young he’s at rangers.
o’connor and laidlaw got bullied by brechin.
they are miles away from the hibs first team, at the moment.

Laidlaw brushed off 2 Brechin defenders for his goal!

Brooster
14-08-2022, 08:45 PM
Tavarez is a project, only 21 and not ready to be relied on right now. I still think he will come good but he’s moved to a new country and playing regular first team football for the first time. He should be coming on at ER when we are in a good position, not starting at small sticky pitches like Livi.

However our injury situation means we have no other choice, or the other choice is play Doidge through the middle and Youan out wide. Doidge is done and needs replaced

I've seen nothing to suggest he will come good, he's been ineffective in the games he's played.

thebausburst
15-08-2022, 11:44 AM
Doidge linked with Dundee (online so could be pish) but turned down as he wants to stay in SPL, sorry but can’t see any SPL side wanting him based on his performances.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2022, 12:19 PM
Doidge linked with Dundee (online so could be pish) but turned down as he wants to stay in SPL, sorry but can’t see any SPL side wanting him based on his performances.

He's on a good wage, 2 years still to go and he'll be quite happy to sit and collect his money every month without contributing anything to the team.

Scottie
15-08-2022, 12:40 PM
He's on a good wage, 2 years still to go and he'll be quite happy to sit and collect his money every month without contributing anything to the team.
What sort of money do you think he’ll be on HC ? Can’t see him going anywhere tbh.

Yorkshire HFC
15-08-2022, 12:52 PM
I've seen nothing to suggest he will come good, he's been ineffective in the games he's played.

You don't remember when he was scoring every week and people on here were saying he should be in the Wales squad?

Form comes and goes but fans always demand more - I remember when the fans were slating a front line of Wright, Jackson and McAllister!

B.H.F.C
15-08-2022, 12:57 PM
You don't remember when he was scoring every week and people on here were saying he should be in the Wales squad?

Form comes and goes but fans always demand more - I remember when the fans were slating a front line of Wright, Jackson and McAllister!

He’s not scored in the league for a year. And in the year before that he’d only scored half a dozen in the league.

Wanting more doesn’t make folk unreasonable in this instance.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2022, 01:26 PM
He’s not scored in the league for a year. And in the year before that he’d only scored half a dozen in the league.

Wanting more doesn’t make folk unreasonable in this instance.

I totally agree he should do more. He is currently playing poorly. He certainly hasn't always been pish like some folk say.

Brooster
15-08-2022, 03:25 PM

I was actually talking about Tavares.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2022, 03:37 PM

You're dam right it does, 3 goals in over a year. Horrendous stat. I think we are perfectly entitled to demand more from him.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2022, 03:38 PM
What sort of money do you think he’ll be on HC ? Can’t see him going anywhere tbh.

Decent enough money for him to say hes happy here and settled in Edinburgh. I\d wager 2-3k a week easy. That new deal he signed wouldn't have been for buttons.

chippy
15-08-2022, 03:55 PM
Decent enough money for him to say hes happy here and settled in Edinburgh. I\d wager 2-3k a week easy. That new deal he signed wouldn't have been for buttons.
Maybe on loan with us paying say half his wage

loanheadhibby
15-08-2022, 04:25 PM

I actually can't remember when he was scoring every week.
Is this true?
Do you feel he will come good?

Keith_M
15-08-2022, 04:35 PM
Is this true?
Do you feel he will come good?

He used to score a lot of goals when he was still at Forest Green Rovers. Had a pretty decent scoring record at Barry Town as well, apparently.

Callum_62
15-08-2022, 05:22 PM
Is this true?
Do you feel he will come good?. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220815/fe1189df7d6067d36fe50b6564a43bb4.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220815/aff770031981d9810dedd95a5d19e815.jpg

Hermit Crab
15-08-2022, 05:23 PM
He used to score a lot of goals when he was still at Forest Green Rovers. Had a pretty decent scoring record at Barry Town as well, apparently.

The standard of the English League 2 and the league of Wales is well, well below SPL level.

delbert
15-08-2022, 07:29 PM
The standard of the English League 2 and the league of Wales is well, well below SPL level.

The Motherwell v Sligo results suggest the SPFL is pretty dreadful

WeeRussell
15-08-2022, 07:50 PM

I thought it suggested Motherwell were in a pretty bad way, and they sacked their manger for it.

Centre Hawf
15-08-2022, 09:00 PM

I actually think he looked decent against St Johnstone, just very raw and rushed a few things and didn't lift his head. But his touch and dribbling looked good and something we can work with.

He was poor on Saturday, but I don't think its fair to write him off after a poor 45 minutes and a luke warm 50/60 two weeks prior.

Greenbeard
16-08-2022, 05:37 AM
Square-heid Doidge is a lower level centre back masquerading as a centre forward. He had a spell pre-injury when things came off for him, but for the most part things haven't come off for him, basically because his co-ordination and proprioception are pish.

MWHIBBIES
16-08-2022, 05:47 AM
Square-heid Doidge is a lower level centre back masquerading as a centre forward. He had a spell pre-injury when things came off for him, but for the most part things haven't come off for him, basically because his co-ordination and proprioception are pish.

A spell of like 8 years where he scored 140 goals. Real lucky spell that. Ridiculous nonsense honestly. Absolute fine not to rate a player and justly criticize them but get a grip.

tonyrougier123
16-08-2022, 08:21 AM

I still think big doidge will prove the doubters wrong this season.

Libby Hibby
16-08-2022, 08:24 AM

Love your optimism but that comment is completely unfounded based on the last 7 or 8 months.

I fear his last injury has finished him.

He doesn’t look like he even has the desire to play football anymore.

tonyrougier123
16-08-2022, 08:30 AM
Love your optimism but that comment is completely unfounded based on the last 7 or 8 months.

I fear his last injury has finished him.

He doesn’t look like he even has the desire to play football anymore.

Let’s at least give him the season to find out I think.
Wee bit of form delivery from youan and Boyle should get to say 18 for the season.
That’s assuming Johnson continues to stick by him.

Stubbsy90+2
16-08-2022, 08:31 AM
Wee bit of form delivery from youan and Boyle should get to say 18 for the season.

18 for Doidge?

tonyrougier123
16-08-2022, 08:35 AM
18 for Doidge?

Obviously he will need to play,but if he does play often 18 for me is doable.
Clyde hat trick so he’s on three 15 to go.

Libby Hibby
16-08-2022, 08:36 AM

Sorry mate but your either on drugs or on the wynd up if you think he’s going to get 18 for the season.

Heisenberg
16-08-2022, 08:36 AM
There’s absolutely no doubt Doidge was once a key player for us, really good when JR first came in and when we finished 3rd. Definitely not now though. Injury has ruined him.

Really don’t see how anyone can say he’s always been at this level of performance.

Stubbsy90+2
16-08-2022, 08:47 AM
Obviously he will need to play,but if he does play often 18 for me is doable.
Clyde hat trick so he’s on three 15 to go.

Fingers crossed but I just cannot see that happening.

If he does then we’ll be in with a real shout of top 4.

tonyrougier123
16-08-2022, 08:51 AM
Fingers crossed but I just cannot see that happening.

If he does then we’ll be in with a real shout of top 4.

We need the team to click into place.
But with doidge Johnson needs to fancy him to get us the goals. I doesn’t look like we are going to sign a number 9 so we should play him consistently and find out if the big man is still able do deliver for us,I’d prefer that than playing square pegs in round holes.
Nisbet won’t be available for a good while so let’s see.

OldEast
16-08-2022, 09:13 AM
We need the team to click into place.
But with doidge Johnson needs to fancy him to get us the goals. I doesn’t look like we are going to sign a number 9 so we should play him consistently and find out if the big man is still able do deliver for us,I’d prefer that than playing square pegs in round holes.
Nisbet won’t be available for a good while so let’s see.

I'd much rather play Melkerson or Bojang consistently front and centre with Youan and Boyle feeding. Doidge had far too many chances.

GreenGray
16-08-2022, 10:18 AM

He’s done, anyone watching him the last few weeks can see that. When exactly was his last good run of form?

Hermit Crab
16-08-2022, 10:29 AM

It goes to show how bad Motherwell are. They conceded 3 without reply to an awful Irish side who went to lose 5-2 on agg to Viking. Shocker of a result for Motherwell and their manager paid the price as a result.

Hermit Crab
16-08-2022, 10:32 AM

You're at it. He had several guilt edge chances v Falkirk and shat the bed each time. Since then he's contributed nothing apart from costing us the winning goal on Saturday by failing to mark his man.

Keith_M
16-08-2022, 10:42 AM

I know, I was taking the p1ss

BoomtownHibees
16-08-2022, 12:33 PM
Doidge scoring 18 goals this season? Come oan now

Sir David Gray
16-08-2022, 12:41 PM

I honestly love your enthusiasm and optimism but I'm really struggling to see how anyone who has watched Doidge since his return from injury could think that he might get 18 goals this season.

That would make him our top goalscorer in a single season for 10 years.

If he manages to get 5 or 6 I'd be quite surprised based on what I've seen of him in recent months.

MWHIBBIES
16-08-2022, 01:07 PM
You're at it. He had several guilt edge chances v Falkirk and shat the bed each time. Since then he's contributed nothing apart from costing us the winning goal on Saturday by failing to mark his man.

Supporting and believing in our players = "at it"

Get a grip ffs. You might not like him but others are allowed to.

BSEJVT
16-08-2022, 01:09 PM

Wow

I don't think Doidge will play for Hibs 18 times this season let alone get 18 goals

He looks a million miles away from it

He is now about as fit as he is ever going to get and I don't see one iota of improvement from him over last season, not one.

I would argue he has gotten worse, it's a hell of a shame but he is absolutely done, finished at this level.

Not just his fitness but mentally shot, he knows he is done and is hanging on to his deal (which he is entitled to do). If he had any ambition to return to previous levels he would have gone out on loan and played every week and tried to get it back.

Instead he either couldnt be arsed tracking his man on Saturday for their 2nd goal or is so far off the pace either physically or mentally he couldn't.

The sooner he stops featuring on the team sheet the better for me, he doesn't even have nuisance value any more.

tonyrougier123
16-08-2022, 01:35 PM
https://youtu.be/0pkPMrLD9OQ Just a wee reminder for folk doubting the doidge.

Jones28
16-08-2022, 01:58 PM

Ffs give the guy a chance.

What has happened to Hibs fans? Nobody gets any time whatsoever to prove themselves. Imagine writing off a signing from Benfica, at 21 years old after what, 6 games?

Callum_62
16-08-2022, 02:31 PM
Ffs give the guy a chance.

What has happened to Hibs fans? Nobody gets any time whatsoever to prove themselves. Imagine writing off a signing from Benfica, at 21 years old after what, 6 games?Hasnt he only played just over a game and a half?

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
16-08-2022, 03:09 PM
Supporting and believing in our players = "at it"

Get a grip ffs. You might not like him but others are allowed to.

Trolling.

MWHIBBIES
16-08-2022, 03:18 PM
Trolling.

Please Google trolling because you genuinely haven't the foggiest what it means.

Hermit Crab
27-08-2022, 08:46 PM
Absolute dung yet again, when is LJ going to empty this imposter? Contributed nothing to the game, fell on his erse most of the time, out jumped by a defender shorter than him. Just not good enough.

Libby Hibby
27-08-2022, 08:48 PM
He’s single fish.

Northernhibee
27-08-2022, 08:54 PM
I like him and at his peak think he was the best old fashioned centre forward in the league but his injury appears to have taken away any physical threat or mobility he had. It’s very sad to watch. I can’t get angry at him, I just feel sad.

HIBS NUTS
27-08-2022, 09:07 PM
I like him and at his peak think he was the best old fashioned centre forward in the league but his injury appears to have taken away any physical threat or mobility he had. It’s very sad to watch. I can’t get angry at him, I just feel sad.

He always gives 100 percent, but he is a man short now, his type of injury often ends careers.
He really needs replaced, he was horrific today, in fact, he’s been horrific for many months.

percy veer
27-08-2022, 09:13 PM
A bit like konte , i felt sorry for him getting booed. Like konte doidge needs binned

Alfred E Newman
27-08-2022, 09:16 PM

That is an insult to all old fashioned centre forwards.

andrew70
27-08-2022, 09:17 PM
Absolute dung yet again, when is LJ going to empty this imposter? Contributed nothing to the game, fell on his erse most of the time, out jumped by a defender shorter than him. Just not good enough.

Scared to jump, scared to challenge, scared to put his foot in. Another one on a long term deal who’s not good enough to play for Hibs.

Northernhibee
27-08-2022, 09:18 PM
That is an insult to all old fashioned centre forwards.
It’s not. He held it up, took chances, scored all sorts of goals, defended set pieces, attacked them and was a focal point for attacks at his peak.

Youre either forgetting how good he was for comedic effect or you don’t have a very good memory.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2022, 09:25 PM
Today should be his last game.

He can’t sprint, he can’t jump, he can’t do anything. He could t even run off properly today.

He is absolutely physically done.

eastterrace
27-08-2022, 09:36 PM
It’s not. He held it up, took chances, scored all sorts of goals, defended set pieces, attacked them and was a focal point for attacks at his peak.

Youre either forgetting how good he was for comedic effect or you don’t have a very good memory.
He has always been pish and he can stick that bottle o champagne we’re the sun don’t shine .

JamesHFC
27-08-2022, 09:37 PM
We can do a lot better.

supermcginn
27-08-2022, 09:40 PM
I've seen milk turn faster. Bojang must be absolutely horrendous if he can't get a game in front of that huddie.

Hermit Crab
27-08-2022, 09:42 PM
Scared to jump, scared to challenge, scared to put his foot in. Another one on a long term deal who’s not good enough to play for Hibs.

Yep, woeful. Wherever he's going I'll drive him.

Nicho87
27-08-2022, 09:45 PM
Makes james Collins look like lewandoski

And Sheqi kuqi looks quicker lying down

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2022, 09:50 PM
Sadly looks finished at our level now

Dithered on the ball devoid of pace and ideas easily picked off in possession

Poultice

Leith Green
27-08-2022, 10:21 PM
Sadly looks finished at our level now

Dithered on the ball devoid of pace and ideas easily picked off in possession

Poultice

Even his positioning in anticipation of a high ball coming towards him seems tto have disappeared. I really liked doidge as a player , but for whatever reason he is absolutely done at Hibs .. We need to replace him and fast , not with some punt that may come good in a few years but with someone who is ready now and can come in and lead the line immediately. Same as with Hanlon and Newell , both of them offer us nothing and we have seen enough to know they need replacing and fast. Otherwise this saga continues

BILLYHIBS
27-08-2022, 10:26 PM
Even his positioning in anticipation of a high ball coming towards him seems tto have disappeared. I really liked doidge as a player , but for whatever reason he is absolutely done at Hibs .. We need to replace him and fast , not with some punt that may come good in a few years but with someone who is ready now and can come in and lead the line immediately. Same as with Hanlon and Newell

Yip need 3 ready made established first team starters who can hit the ground running or LJ can wave tattie bye to his job

I don’t blame LJ and the old Doidgerinho ain’t coming back anytime soon

Leith Green
27-08-2022, 10:38 PM
Yip need 3 ready made established first team starters who can hit the ground running or LJ can wave tattie bye to his job

I don’t blame LJ and the old Doidgerinho ain’t coming back anytime soon

You right about LJ, getting rid of him will just be masking the real problems. Our recruitment policy is absolutely ridiculous, changing management will not fix our current problems. They are much deeper rooted

B.H.F.C
28-08-2022, 12:06 AM
Never seen a player that looks as physically done. He can hardly move.

CMac1988
28-08-2022, 12:49 AM
It's a shame but I just can't see Doidge reverting his current form to anything other poor. When he first joined he struggled to get goals but we stuck by him because he was working hard for the team and making a nuisance of himself. Eventually the goals came and he managed to in form and somewhat consistent over the course of a season. Since his injury and covid he's neither scoring or working at any level let alone hard. I'd like to be wrong here but there's nothing to suggest he's got anything left in the tank.

Carheenlea
28-08-2022, 01:09 AM
It's a shame but I just can't see Doidge reverting his current form to anything other poor. When he first joined he struggled to get goals but we stuck by him because he was working hard for the team and making a nuisance of himself. Eventually the goals came and he managed to in form and somewhat consistent over the course of a season. Since his injury and covid he's neither scoring or working at any level let alone hard. I'd like to be wrong here but there's nothing to suggest he's got anything left in the tank.

It’s a hard watch. We were effectively playing with 10 men from the start. A likeable character but it’s still glaringly obvious he’s done.

You wonder if Lee Johnson opted to star him as some kind as of statement to the board of sorts?

OldEast
28-08-2022, 01:22 AM
It’s a hard watch. We were effectively playing with 10 men from the start. A likeable character but it’s still glaringly obvious he’s done.

You wonder if Lee Johnson opted to star him as some kind as of statement to the board of sorts?

I really hope not. Melkerson has been injured so maybe we'll see more of him. Bojang though? He's either completely useless in training or he's a victim of some statement as you suggest. Sounds crazy but right now I wouldn't dismiss it totally.

Hibs1992
28-08-2022, 04:24 AM
Opposing centre backs must rub their hands when they see Doidge on the team sheet. Easiest afternoon of the season against a striker that barely moves, can't run in behind, rarely looks for the ball to feet and puts in token efforts to win headers.

At his best Doidge was a limited striker who had a knack of getting in the right place to score goals. Unfortunately he's now completely finished at this level. Legs have gone.

Phil MaGlass
28-08-2022, 05:20 AM
My thinking is LJ has already told the players that he doesnt want to go forward with, they have given up the ghost as they are either pissed with him or don t care as they have long contracts, if thats the case I would just fill the team with the up and coming young lads, get the message out, you might have decent contracts but nobody is going to want you if youre not playing? Push them oot the door.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2022, 05:26 AM
Apparently all he needs is a run of games.

hibsbollah
28-08-2022, 07:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FpUCDi9Xk

I thought this was a really poor interview. He doesnt seem angry with himself or even taking any responsibility, just kept talking about the goal coming against the run of play. And it was a poor goal to give away. After 6 mins Chris, then we sat through 89 minutes of pure pish, so whats your point?