Kenneh
Newell

Boyle
Henderson
Melkersen

Youan

scoopyboy
10-08-2022, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't change much from the derby, maybe apart from maybe that right wing :wink:

Marshall

Cabraja
Porto
Rocky
Cadden

Kenneh
Newell

Boyle
Henderson
Melkersen

Youan

Possibly Hanlon in for Rocky and Porto moving back to his preferred RHS?

jeffers
10-08-2022, 03:41 PM
Don’t expect Boyle to start, only his first week back training.

Unseen work
10-08-2022, 03:47 PM
………………Marshall…………

Cadden….Rocky….Porto….Cabraja…..

…………………Kenneh..
…………Henderson….Newell…..

Melkersen…………………………Tavares…..

………………….Youan…….

Too early for Boyle to start, let’s build up his fitness week by week.

Craig_HFC
10-08-2022, 03:48 PM
Same team as Sunday apart from maybe Tavares in for Campbell.

Boyle not ready to start & wouldn’t risk Hanlon coming back on that pitch.

JammyDoidger
10-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Mcgregor
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell

Bojang
Henderson
Melkersen

Youan

Bojang to offer a bit more directness and physicality over Tavares, Mcgregor in to deal with that big battering ram they have upfront.

B.H.F.C
10-08-2022, 04:10 PM
Minimal changes. Tavares in for Campbell, Henderson back central.

Obviously dependent on how Boyle trains. We can’t risk anything happening to him.

supermcginn
10-08-2022, 04:16 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Doyle Hayes
Henderson

Boyle
Youan
Taveres

HendoDelivered
10-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Marsh

Cadds
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Doyle-Hayes

Youan
Hendo
Tavares

Bojang

Can’t see Boyler starting as he’s only just started training this week.

hibbyfraelibby
10-08-2022, 04:28 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Mcgregor
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell

Bojang
Henderson
Melkersen

Youan

Bojang to offer a bit more directness and physicality over Tavares, Mcgregor in to deal with that big battering ram they have upfront.

Rocky can handle their "big battering ram". No need to swap.

Ps are you still hurting after Sunday?

Nicho87
10-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell

Melkerson
Henderson
Tavares

Youane

JammyDoidger
10-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Rocky can handle their "big battering ram". No need to swap.

Ps are you still hurting after Sunday?

What you on about ya radge? Can't even post a line up now without childish responses.

wookie70
10-08-2022, 05:04 PM
I'd keep the same side but take Henderson out for Taveres

Torto7
10-08-2022, 05:24 PM
Marshall
Miller(This game will be tight and full of Livi hoofs I want a bit of extra height and I think Miller is the better defender, Cadden's pace can help from the bench)
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja
Kenneh
JDH(I think he's a good playmaker and better as an 8)
Newell
Boyle
Youan(I'd play him left but LJ is adamant he will keep him as the 9)
Henderson

Hibeewilly
10-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Marshall
Miller(This game will be tight and full of Livi hoofs I want a bit of extra height and I think Miller is the better defender, Cadden's pace can help from the bench)
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja
Kenneh
JDH(I think he's a good playmaker and better as an 8)
Newell
Boyle
Youan(I'd play him left but LJ is adamant he will keep him as the 9)
Henderson
I surprised that you'd leave Cadden out Torto he's one of our best players and is playing well. Miller has shown nothing for me so far.....

basehibby
10-08-2022, 05:42 PM
Minimal changes from Sun as follows:

Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

Melkerson
Youan
Tavares

My thinking is:
1) Boyle not fit enough to start
2) Henderson is more effective through the middle
3) Campbell took a knock & Tavares needs games
4) Rocky has done fine so far - Hanlon will need to wait until someone cocks up or is injured to reclaim his place.

JohnM1875
10-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Minimal changes from Sun as follows:

Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

Melkerson
Youan
Tavares

My thinking is:
1) Boyle not fit enough to start
2) Henderson is more effective through the middle
3) Campbell took a knock & Tavares needs games
4) Rocky has done fine so far - Hanlon will need to wait until someone cocks up or is injured to reclaim his place.

That's the exact team I'd go for as well.

Hibs3-2
10-08-2022, 06:12 PM
Porto was spotted wearing a moon boot at the fort on Monday - not sure how serious or why etc

Unseen work
10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
I surprised that you'd leave Cadden out Torto he's one of our best players and is playing well. Miller has shown nothing for me so far.....

Really? I saw some really promising signs from him during pre season.

I honestly think he’ll be our starting right back come the end of the season once he properly settles, appreciate that may sound mental right now.

hibbyfraelibby
10-08-2022, 06:26 PM
What you on about ya radge? Can't even post a line up now without childish responses.

Meter reading noted

H18 SFR
10-08-2022, 10:55 PM
Porto was spotted wearing a moon boot at the fort on Monday - not sure how serious or why etc

He just had his trainers on tonight at Newtongrange.

Hibs3-2
10-08-2022, 11:14 PM
He just had his trainers on tonight at Newtongrange.

Possibly earlier in week was precautionary after a niggle from derby

MWHIBBIES
11-08-2022, 04:49 AM
Meter reading noted

You're really not funny. The guy posted his preference of lineup. Nothing more. Just making yourself look silly.

Since452
11-08-2022, 05:13 AM
We run the risk of Boyle picking up an injury if we start him. Especially on that pitch. He's not had a pre season. Ease him in gently.

Melkersen could be a key player. Played the majority of his football on artificial surfaces. Should have started against Falkirk for that reason.

He's here!
11-08-2022, 06:41 AM
Whatever the team it's imperative that they don't follow up a feelgood derby boost by slumping to a lame defeat at Livi, the sort of thing that has happened all too often.

McGruber
11-08-2022, 07:04 AM

That's all we need. Also Rocky was labouring heavily towards the end of the derby and wasn't moving properly. I wonder if that is why Hanlon and McLelland started last night and both came off at half time.

Could see

Marshall
Cadden
McLelland
Hanlon
Cabraja
JDH
Newell
Henderson
Kenneh
Youan
Melkerson

Possibly start Doidge ahead of JDH or Kenneh. Livi pitch lends to good quick passing - that's JDH and not Kenneh. However, Kenneh might be preferred if new centre back pairing thrown in for extra protection.

Mitchell won't be risked on this surface and expect Boyle to bag another 30 min or so cameo from bench.

Tavares might be the other that comes in for either JDH or Kenneh. Skilful players show up quite well on the astros

Brightside
11-08-2022, 10:52 AM
I dont want Hanlons first game back to be on that awful surface at Livi. Risk of causing him some serious damage. Perhaps we may eventually sign a CB!

McGruber
11-08-2022, 10:57 AM
I dont want Hanlons first game back to be on that awful surface at Livi. Risk of causing him some serious damage. Perhaps we may eventually sign a CB!

Good point

Johnny_Leith
11-08-2022, 12:40 PM
Livi away is always a tough game. How they and Kilmarnock are allowed plastic pitches in the top flight is a complete joke.

Nouble is a player I like, causes problems with movement and physicality. They've got some good players in midfield and take no chances playing out from the back.

Another tough game but hoping we can be clinical when the chances come.

Tambo
11-08-2022, 07:19 PM
Agree with some people that Hanlon won't be risked on that pitch.

Nouble can be a handful on his day and in the past we have seen Omeonga control our midfield.

Johnson has said Boyle is not ready for starts but could just be mind games, either way he will be on the pitch at some point.

Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

Melkersen
Youan
Jair

Pretty Boy
11-08-2022, 07:27 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Doyle Hayes
Henderson

Taveres
Youan
Melkerson

B.H.F.C
11-08-2022, 07:30 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Doyle Hayes
Henderson

Taveres
Youan
Melkerson

Newell will play instead of JDH but, otherwise, I think that’ll be the team.

andrew70
11-08-2022, 10:50 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Tavares
Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

Youan
Melkersen

AlbertK86
12-08-2022, 04:30 AM
4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield.

Use full backs for width until we get wingers fit and up to speed.

Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh

JDH
Newell

Henderson

Melkerson
Youan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flash
12-08-2022, 07:05 AM
4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield.

Use full backs for width until we get wingers fit and up to speed.

Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh

JDH
Newell

Henderson

Melkerson
Youan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That will do for me with Boyle and Tavares to unleash later on.
(Obviously if Boyle is fully fit then he plays from the start.)

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2022, 07:22 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

Tavares
Youan
Melkersen

Boyle to run rampant from 60 mins.

Seattle.Hibs
12-08-2022, 08:22 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Hendo

Jair
Youan
Melk

Id almost be tempted to maybe put Youan on the wing and Melk through the middle to see how they fair. Wasnt impressed with Hendo last week, so would be up for JDH replacing him but a newell and jdh midfield worries me.

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2022, 08:23 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Hendo

Jair
Youan
Melk

Id almost be tempted to maybe put Youan on the wing and Melk through the middle to see how they fair. Wasnt impressed with Hendo last week, so would be up for JDH replacing him but a newell and jdh midfield worries me.

With Jair back in, Henderson will be able to play centrally which will suit him.

Leitherhibs
12-08-2022, 08:36 AM
Anyone else a bit concerned that LJ has just stopped mentioning Magennis in fitness updates pre-game? had heard he was back in light training 3-4 weeks ago having spent the summer working on fitness, you'd think he would be back soonish eh?

Heisenberg
12-08-2022, 08:45 AM
Anyone else a bit concerned that LJ has just stopped mentioning Magennis in fitness updates pre-game? had heard he was back in light training 3-4 weeks ago having spent the summer working on fitness, you'd think he would be back soonish eh?

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that we’ll never get anywhere near a full season out of him. The lack of updates would indicate to me that there’s been yet another setback.

GRA
12-08-2022, 08:53 AM
Same as last week but Jair for Campbell.

Boyle probably isn't up to speed yet so if we're winning keep him on the bench. If we're drawing or losing with 30 to go bring him on and let him work his magic.

:flag:

Since452
12-08-2022, 09:34 AM

Didn't mention Mitchell either. Bit concerned about that.

Onceinawhile
12-08-2022, 09:36 AM

I'm convinced he doesn't actually exist and his good form at the start of last season was some kind of covid induced mass hysteria.

hibbyfraelibby
12-08-2022, 12:01 PM

Nope. He forms no part of our plans up to the winter window and therefore doesn't warrant a mention. We have a break coming in November and he will be nowhere near playing before then so why waste the oxygen talking about him.

Since452
12-08-2022, 09:18 PM
Strangely feel less confident about this game than the previous two. We never seem to turn up at Livi. Hopefully our big support can spur us on.

Unseen work
12-08-2022, 09:29 PM
Nope. He forms no part of our plans up to the winter window and therefore doesn't warrant a mention. We have a break coming in November and he will be nowhere near playing before then so why waste the oxygen talking about him.

Please tell me this is some sort of joke?

Tambo
12-08-2022, 10:09 PM
Throw back video on YouTube from 2005.

3 great finishes.

Alex Trager
12-08-2022, 10:25 PM
Strangely feel less confident about this game than the previous two. We never seem to turn up at Livi. Hopefully our big support can spur us on.

Aye I don’t feel overly confident about this. A lot less nervous mind you!

We’re still coming together and I expect us to have a rocky start to the season.

That said, if we want third, we need to be absolutely making the most of Hearts’ schedule because once they’re out of Europe they’ll be able to focus on the league a lot better.

So we need to have a solid consistent start and put ourselves out of sight from them, unlikely.

As for the team, Campbell is obviously out so I’d expect Tavares back in

B.H.F.C
12-08-2022, 10:36 PM
Aye I don’t feel overly confident about this. A lot less nervous mind you!

We’re still coming together and I expect us to have a rocky start to the season.

That said, if we want third, we need to be absolutely making the most of Hearts’ schedule because once they’re out of Europe they’ll be able to focus on the league a lot better.

So we need to have a solid consistent start and put ourselves out of sight from them, unlikely.

As for the team, Campbell is obviously out so I’d expect Tavares back in

If we want third, this is the type of game we need to go and win.

It’ll be a **** game. They’ll sit in, they’ll kick us, they’ll launch the ball in to our box any chance they get. We’ll have at least 60% of the ball and it’s all about whether we can break them down. Still a bit worried about a lack of creativity but this game will tell us a lot about where we are as a team IMO.

Unseen work
12-08-2022, 10:49 PM
I’m normally not confident against Livi, especially on that pitch but I think we’ll get an early goal tomorrow and not stop.

We’ll win it back really early and stop them getting the ball to Nouble.

The pace and amount of players getting forward will be too much for them.

3-0 the good guys

Youan
Henderson
Melkersen

12-08-2022, 10:54 PM
If we want third, this is the type of game we need to go and win.

It’ll be a **** game. They’ll sit in, they’ll kick us, they’ll launch the ball in to our box any chance they get. We’ll have at least 60% of the ball and it’s all about whether we can break them down. Still a bit worried about a lack of creativity but this game will tell us a lot about where we are as a team IMO.

Sounds about right. Won't be surpised if we're relying on Boyle to come on and make a difference. Maybe winning a penalty, which hopefully he can keep down this time. Wonder who'll take one if Boyle isn't on.

Unseen work
12-08-2022, 11:51 PM
Sounds about right. Won't be surpised if we're relying on Boyle to come on and make a difference. Maybe winning a penalty, which hopefully he can keep down this time. Wonder who'll take one if Boyle isn't on.

Got to be Youan or Melkersen for me.

phoenixfire
13-08-2022, 12:10 AM
Got to be Youan or Melkersen for me.

Youan for me ! Really like him looks a good signing! Maybe needs a goal to get going! Will be tough game on a really bad pitch but for some strange reason I think we will get a narrow win ! Here's hoping anyhow :thumbsup:

phoenixfire
13-08-2022, 12:39 AM
Youan for me ! Really like him looks a good signing! Maybe needs a goal to get going! Will be tough game on a really bad pitch but for some strange reason I think we will get a narrow win ! Here's hoping anyhow :thumbsup:

Lee Johnson said he didn't know if they would water there pitch or leave it dry but were prepared for both cases! Wonder would this alter team or formation slightly?

basehibby
13-08-2022, 02:40 AM
Wouldn't change much from the derby, maybe apart from that right wing :wink:

Marshall

Cabraja
Porto
Rocky
Cadden

Kenneh
Newell

Boyle
Henderson
Melkersen

Youan

Doubt very much Boyle will be played from the start given that 40 mins was considered a risk on Sun. Tavares to start for me.

Unseen work
13-08-2022, 03:11 AM
Lee Johnson said he didn't know if they would water there pitch or leave it dry but were prepared for both cases! Wonder would this alter team or formation slightly?

Think the team will stay the same but formation will change as he hinted it will depend on if the pitch is dry or if the wet it.

I imagine if it’s dry we’ll go more direct and play a 442 where as if it’s wet we’ll see a 433 and try play a bit more.

HIBS NUTS
13-08-2022, 07:36 AM
Think the team will stay the same but formation will change as he hinted it will depend on if the pitch is dry or if the wet it.

I imagine if it’s dry we’ll go more direct and play a 442 where as if it’s wet we’ll see a 433 and try play a bit more.
This type of pitch is meant to be watered for best playing surface.
To my knowledge livingston never water the pitch before a game, as it helps the ball slide across the surface, it’s not what they want.

Libby Hibby
13-08-2022, 08:03 AM
It’s going to be a battle as usual at that place. A draw right now would be a good result based on previous form at Livi. Hopefully our pace will be too much for them to provide a victory.

Tambo
13-08-2022, 12:46 PM
Hanlon starts and Jair returns.

JohnM1875
13-08-2022, 12:47 PM
Rocky must be injured. Not even on the bench.

Squealing pig
13-08-2022, 12:48 PM
Let’s do this hibs , more than enough to beat livingston

Unseen work
13-08-2022, 12:49 PM
Gutted for Rocky and he will be a big loss for us.

Started the season very well and we could have done with him today against the very physical Nouble.

Other than that the team as as expected for me.

Heisenberg
13-08-2022, 12:52 PM
Shows why we need to sign another centre half. Hanlon rushed back in on a terrible pitch.

mutley
13-08-2022, 12:53 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220813/2d1c1c15ba668c55fb775c34e7364f8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EdinMike
13-08-2022, 12:53 PM
Hanlon to get injured within the first 40 mins. I’ll call it now…

eastmainsmsh
13-08-2022, 12:57 PM
Rocky must be injured. Not even on the bench.

Hopefully OK been playing well

Stuart93
13-08-2022, 12:57 PM
Definitely needing a CB. Rocky must be injured and we’re only another injury away from struggling there

Unseen work
13-08-2022, 12:58 PM
Hanlon to get injured within the first 40 mins. I’ll call it now…

Must admit I’m thinking the same.

90 minutes so soon back from injury, on that pitch and against a physical team.

Think he’s going to be very leggy and his lack of sharpness will show on this too.

Stick
13-08-2022, 01:08 PM
Why the surname of all the players apart from Jair, first name. Genuine question. Is it players preference or some religious or national convention?

Stuart93
13-08-2022, 01:19 PM
Nouble bullying Hanlon is my worry

Doesn’t usually cope well with big physical strikers

supermcginn
13-08-2022, 01:26 PM

Yip and Hanlon was sent off last season at Livi in a game which he should have actually been sent off 20 minutes before he was.

Since452
13-08-2022, 01:41 PM

Exactly my concern.

Stuart93
13-08-2022, 01:47 PM
Exactly my concern.

Guess we’ll see. Hopefully plays him smartly as oppose to trying to match his physicality

Allant1981
13-08-2022, 01:50 PM
Guess we’ll see. Hopefully plays him smartly as oppose to trying to match his physicality

Yip hanlon is hugely experienced at this level, not the 1st big forward he has faced before and porteous isnt exactly a shrinking violet, plus the guy actually isnt very good(will no doubt now score😁)

Edit - new it!!

Ronniekirk
13-08-2022, 05:42 PM
Yip hanlon is hugely experienced at this level, not the 1st big forward he has faced before and porteous isnt exactly a shrinking violet, plus the guy actually isnt very good(will no doubt now score😁)

Edit - new it!!

Jinx