PDA

View Full Version : Our Goal!!!

brog
08-08-2022, 10:43 AM
Thought it deserved a thread on it's own. I just wrote a lengthy post which disappeared! Here's a brief summary!
1. Our throw in, was it taken by CC, where did he get the 35-40 yards from taking out several Hearts' players? more please!
2. The move, perfection. 2 Youan/MB 1-2s, a great burst of speed by Youan & Martin doing what we've been crying out for, getting across a defender in the box. Superb.
3. The reaction, tumultuous, both on the pitch and on the bench. Look at Newell chasing MB & punching the air (cue snidey comments), Look at Elias, Kenneh and our Club Captain on the bench.
4. Finally, who was our furthest forward player at the goal? Porteous. By all means criticise his performances, he was lucky not to concede a goal, but please don't criticise his commitment.
Well done Hibs!

hibee-boys
08-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Love watching the celebrations, particularly the bench, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling seeing players not even on the pitch/coaching staff celebrating like fans😂

BegbieHSC
08-08-2022, 11:22 AM
https://twitter.com/ishauncorrigan/status/1556596717054836736?s=21&t=bvHFpaqJDhusawfRZUs6Kg

Absolutely spectacular clip from a specky Hearts vlogger. Check the limbs in the East and David Marshall’s celebration!! My favourite goal in a long time.

LaMotta
08-08-2022, 11:22 AM
And we only got the thrown in because Gordon :cbbooted the ball in to touch from his kick out.

Since452
08-08-2022, 11:42 AM
https://twitter.com/ishauncorrigan/status/1556596717054836736?s=21&t=bvHFpaqJDhusawfRZUs6Kg

Absolutely spectacular clip from a specky Hearts vlogger. Check the limbs in the East and David Marshall’s celebration!! My favourite goal in a long time.

Holy **** that noise!

Pagan Hibernia
08-08-2022, 11:50 AM
https://youtu.be/02GuGJV2EsU

theonlywayisup
08-08-2022, 11:54 AM

Funny how their number 15 kicks out at Boyle in an effort to bring him down but misses.

hibsbollah
08-08-2022, 12:00 PM
Funny how their number 15 kicks out at Boyle in an effort to bring him down but misses.

I was looking for #16, Andy Halliday, in the clip, and hes nowhere to be seen. Neilsen brings him on at the death to close out the game, provide some protection around the penalty area, and he's literally invisible at the goal? Where is he? Has anyone seen him since?

or true to form maybe he's ****ed it up, because he's Andy Halliday.

stokesmessiah
08-08-2022, 12:08 PM

I don’t think I noticed that chest by Youan yesterday…great bit of play.

TAHibby
08-08-2022, 12:09 PM

You just don't get to hear that level of the actual noise from the official highlights

Pagan Hibernia
08-08-2022, 12:13 PM
I don’t think I noticed that chest by Youan yesterday…great bit of play.

just a beautifully crafted goal from start to finish. I’m enjoying pausing it when the camera’s on the away end. All those heads in hands… wonderful lunchtime viewing.

Since452
08-08-2022, 12:13 PM
Imagine being half way down Albion Road and hearing that roar. You'd be gutted you left.

StevieT
08-08-2022, 12:20 PM
I was looking for #16, Andy Halliday, in the clip, and hes nowhere to be seen. Neilsen brings him on at the death to close out the game, provide some protection around the penalty area, and he's literally invisible at the goal? Where is he? Has anyone seen him since?

He's next to Chris Cadden when he takes the throw in so never going to be able to back track quick enough from there. Shame really.

SonOfDavidFrancey
08-08-2022, 12:24 PM

Amusing too that the extra minute of additional time in which we scored was added for the substitution.

hibsbollah
08-08-2022, 12:24 PM
He's next to Chris Cadden when he takes the throw in so never going to be able to back track quick enough from there. Shame really.

Well spotted. Its a pity for him he wasn't anywhere near the action.

SaulGoodman
08-08-2022, 12:42 PM
Imagine being half way down Albion Road and hearing that roar. You'd be gutted you left.

I could only imagine.

Hahahaha

Ha

Ha..

Hibee Mac
08-08-2022, 12:48 PM
Imagine being half way down Albion Road and hearing that roar. You'd be gutted you left.Would be gutted, although a couple of folk next to me left literally 60 seconds before the goal. Think I'd be even more gutted if I was only halfway down the stairs [emoji23]

GreenCastle
08-08-2022, 12:55 PM

That is brilliant and funny - his comment penalty ref made me chuckle.

The Hibs fan taking on the whole Hearts stand - wow we have some fans at times.

Absolute scenes !

Marshall reaction is great too! Love the guy.

The Spaceman
08-08-2022, 01:12 PM

That is so, so good. I don't support it, but equally did enjoy the GIRUYs from our fans :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

B.H.F.C
08-08-2022, 01:18 PM
That’s a quality video, Marshall’s reaction is brilliant. When you see all the reactions, we definitely have a team that care at the moment.

Fans get a bit of stick (rightly) for some behaviour, but there is a steward in that video trying to take folk on and drag them out the stand!

brog
08-08-2022, 01:22 PM

Superb, thanks. Just to follow up on OP. Has anyone seen Chris C throw a ball in like that before? It looked fairly effortless but took several Hearts players out the game. The goal gets better every time I watch it!!

makaveli1875
08-08-2022, 01:25 PM

Have to agree , I haven’t enjoyed a last minute goal that much since 2016

Alex Trager
08-08-2022, 01:35 PM

I was 1/4 of the way home, just over Lochend Butterfly Way. There were a few of us. I quickly realised that it was us and not them. An old boy in a motor said it was Boyle and away I went. Right back into the ground for full time. Such scenes

B.H.F.C
08-08-2022, 05:09 PM
Don’t think the goal we scored has actually had the credit it deserves. It was quality from the both of them.

For all the talk of the celebrations etc, that goal has the potential to shape our season as well. It was more than just a goal and more than just a point IMO.

Carheenlea
08-08-2022, 05:39 PM
It’s a goal that just gets better with every viewing. Top quality from the throw from Cadden to Youan’s cushioned ball off the chest to Boyle, the run and pass to Youan, his turn of pace to beat the defender where any challenge would probably result in a penalty, the cut back to Boyle and clinical finish.

A tremendous goal and the kind of football that we love to see.

matty_f
08-08-2022, 05:55 PM
It’s a goal that just gets better with every viewing. Top quality from the throw from Cadden to Youan’s cushioned ball off the chest to Boyle, the run and pass to Youan, his turn of pace to beat the defender where any challenge would probably result in a penalty, the cut back to Boyle and clinical finish.

Spot on. For it to come so late in the game when there’s no margin for error and the legs are going… outstanding.

jax67
08-08-2022, 05:58 PM
I've just watched it, looks like Boyle has nutmegged Gordon too.

B.H.F.C
08-08-2022, 05:59 PM

Worthwhile adding that Craig Gordon was nutmegged as well, which just topped it off.

Aldo
08-08-2022, 06:37 PM
The throw in caught them cold and they were sitting just about on there 18 yard line.

I mentioned in another post the touch Youhan takes as Halkett tries in vain to stop him was brilliant, then the look up and cut back. 3 players too out 7 of them!

Hopefully more to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
08-08-2022, 06:41 PM
Porteous is in the 6 yard box looking for a pass. When Boyle scores you can see he gives the Hearts defenders some verbals when the ball hits the back of the nett

hibee-boys
08-08-2022, 06:44 PM
Great assist from Youan, skilful chest pass and fantastic determination to be up there supporting Boyle in the last minute.

Coco Bryce
08-08-2022, 06:48 PM
That burst of pace from Youan 🤩

GloryGlory
08-08-2022, 07:00 PM
That burst of pace from Youan 🤩

And standing up to the yam defender who was leaning into him and trying to bully him - Elie just brushed by him as if he weren't there.

Loved the link up play with Boyle, considering they probably haven't even had one training session together. They seemed to "get" each other right away. Two genuinely pacy forwards running at defences is really going to frighten a lot of teams and pull defenders out of position. Hopefully get the midfielders who can play the sort of passes needed.

RIP
08-08-2022, 07:09 PM
And standing up to the yam defender who was leaning into him and trying to bully him - Elie just brushed by him as if he weren't there.

Loved the link up play with Boyle, considering they probably haven't even had one training session together. They seemed to "get" each other right away. Two genuinely pacy forwards running at defences is really going to frighten a lot of teams and pull defenders out of position. Hopefully get the midfielders who can play the sort of passes needed.

It was as if Youan instinctively knew that Boyle was a player he could work a 1-2 with. Two players whose natural talent and intuition combined to create the perfect goal.

The same player who only joined us six weeks ago, had never been on a park with Boyle before and who had worked his socks off for the preceding 94 minutes against a very physical side.

Radge70
08-08-2022, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=GreenCastle;7058650]That is brilliant and funny - his comment penalty ref made me chuckle.

The alternative angle clip clearly confirms it's a pen but Beaton having none of it

Jones28
08-08-2022, 11:41 PM
Don’t think the goal we scored has actually had the credit it deserves. It was quality from the both of them.

For all the talk of the celebrations etc, that goal has the potential to shape our season as well. It was more than just a goal and more than just a point IMO.

Elies Youans contribution was the best part about it. The chest lay off to Boyle then that touch to take it round Halkett was perfection.

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2022, 12:09 AM
Liked the big screen flashing up “GOAL!” as reinforcement and confirmation that the ball was in the Hearts pokey to the jambo hordes so far away that their team had just snatched what must have felt like a heart wrenching defeat from the jaws of victory as three points had evaporated and suddenly turned into one in front of their very eyes

Pleasing

brog
09-08-2022, 08:53 AM
The throw in caught them cold and they were sitting just about on there 18 yard line.

I mentioned in another post the touch Youhan takes as Halkett tries in vain to stop him was brilliant, then the look up and cut back. 3 players too out 7 of them!

Hopefully more to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elies Youans contribution was the best part about it. The chest lay off to Boyle then that touch to take it round Halkett was perfection.

Agreed, think we may have a real player here.

weecounty hibby
09-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Tart at my work was slagging of Rocky yesterday. The usual bombscare bull. Told him he was the best centre half on display on Sunday and to go and take a look at Halkett for the Hibs goal. Looked like he was towing a caravan!! Once Youan is match fit and used to Scottish football what an asset he and Boyle are going to be

hibsbollah
09-08-2022, 11:05 AM
Tart at my work was slagging of Rocky yesterday. The usual bombscare bull. Told him he was the best centre half on display on Sunday and to go and take a look at Halkett for the Hibs goal. Looked like he was towing a caravan!! Once Youan is match fit and used to Scottish football what an asset he and Boyle are going to be

I thought Halkett was excellent on Saturday to be honest, at least for 93 minutes. But Elie destroyed him on the goal which is testament to his determination to keep going AND his fitness.

NAE NOOKIE
09-08-2022, 12:28 PM
It was a brilliant assist from Youan from his chest down to Boyle to the pace and determination he showed to get past his man and cross the ball. Watching him in pre season this sort of thing is exactly what I hoped he could bring to the team.

Get McGeady back who has the trickery to get into a box packed full of defenders, something we missed against St Johnstone, with Boyle and Youan on the pitch who can beat a high line with their pace and we have the tools to take on any situation .... all we need is a central striker who can feed off of these guys .... Melkerson could be that guy, but it appears his chances to play centrally could be limited.

hibsbollah
09-08-2022, 12:40 PM
It was a brilliant assist from Youan from his chest down to Boyle to the pace and determination he showed to get past his man and cross the ball. Watching him in pre season this sort of thing is exactly what I hoped he could bring to the team.

Get McGeady back who has the trickery to get into a box packed full of defenders, something we missed against St Johnstone, with Boyle and Youan on the pitch who can beat a high line with their pace and we have the tools to take on any situation .... all we need is a central striker who can feed off of these guys .... Melkerson could be that guy, but it appears his chances to play centrally could be limited.

It looks like we'll be almost into our second round of fixtures before McGeady is back, sadly.

itslegaltender
09-08-2022, 12:43 PM
in this clip from the famous five you can see Porteous just staying in the Hearts box goading the Hearts players whilst the rest of the team run up the East. :hyper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6AkutWFzAU

He's here!
09-08-2022, 12:44 PM
The goal gets better with every viewing. I didn't think there could be a better goal scoring one-two v the yams than Mixu and Latapy but this runs it close.

Hibernian Verse
09-08-2022, 12:47 PM
in this clip from the famous five you can see Porteous just staying in the Hearts box goading the Hearts players whilst the rest of the team run up the East. :hyper

Don't watch if you have epilepsy!

Since452
09-08-2022, 12:48 PM
It was a very good goal. Youans movement gets better every time I watch it. A classic Hibs goal.

Who was Hearts number 15? Chasing shadows.

Jack Hackett
09-08-2022, 01:08 PM
Not that he lacked it, but that goal will give Youan a massive confidence lift... bet he's watched it as much as I have :greengrin

patlowe
09-08-2022, 01:30 PM
I thought Halkett was excellent on Saturday to be honest, at least for 93 minutes. But Elie destroyed him on the goal which is testament to his determination to keep going AND his fitness.

Agree. It had been so comfortable for Halkett to that point he perhaps underestimated Youan's sheer power in the moment and assumed he could brush him off. Quite exciting to think what EY can do if we find a way to make best use of his attributes.

hibsbollah
10-08-2022, 07:38 AM
Agree. It had been so comfortable for Halkett to that point he perhaps underestimated Youan's sheer power in the moment and assumed he could brush him off. Quite exciting to think what EY can do if we find a way to make best use of his attributes.

:agree: He's got a lot of pace and power. Already looks 'built' for a young guy in that East Mains footage on the website. because he looks like a winger its easy to think he's not going to be a #9 but its not always the case. Need to be careful to Thierry Henry comparisons (we KNOW he's not that good OK yams looking in?!) but he's got a similar game, started off wide and brought inside where he can cause more damage. I think he's not quite as tall as him but similar style with ball at feet i thought. Combination with McGeady when fit, and Melkerson and Boyle will be key to how successful we are this season. I think if Johnson gets the combination right there are plenty goals in this team.

degenerated
10-08-2022, 08:23 AM
Tart at my work was slagging of Rocky yesterday. The usual bombscare bull. Told him he was the best centre half on display on Sunday and to go and take a look at Halkett for the Hibs goal. Looked like he was towing a caravan!! Once Youan is match fit and used to Scottish football what an asset he and Boyle are going to beJust need to look at their centre backs for our goal. Rowles literally on his erse, halkett blowing out his erse and sibbick standing in the box with his thumb up his erse :hilarious

high bee
10-08-2022, 11:33 AM
Never noticed the chest down before, sublime.

Great burst of pace by Yaoun, went past Halkett like he wasn’t there.

Fantastic precision on the cutback.

Great composure by Boyle, so many wasted crosses before that point so even more pleasing to have him back.

Plenty bitterness from angry Yams, pleasing.

Billy Whizz
10-08-2022, 11:35 AM
Never noticed the chest down before, sublime.

Great burst of pace by Yaoun, went past Halkett like he wasn’t there.

Fantastic precision on the cutback.

Great composure by Boyle, so many wasted crosses before that point so even more pleasing to have him back.

Plenty bitterness from angry Yams, pleasing.
Bet you Halkett got a roasting from Robbie, for bringing him down, he thought about it though

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2022, 11:47 AM
Just re-watched this. I didn't notice at the time that Henderson and Porteous were at the back post unmarked. If we continue to get bodies in the box like this right up until the final whistle we will see a huge improvement in our Goals For column.

brog
12-08-2022, 12:27 PM
Just re-watched this. I didn't notice at the time that Henderson and Porteous were at the back post unmarked. If we continue to get bodies in the box like this right up until the final whistle we will see a huge improvement in our Goals For column.

Every time I watch this goal I fully expect something to go wrong. Amazing to think it was a throw in about 20 yards into our half with pretty much every Hawrts player between the thrower, CC and the goal. Just outstanding!

StevieT
12-08-2022, 01:02 PM
Every time I watch this goal I fully expect something to go wrong. Amazing to think it was a throw in about 20 yards into our half with pretty much every Hawrts player between the thrower, CC and the goal. Just outstanding!

There was only one Hearts player that was not 'goal side' of Cadden when he took the throw in. When Youan chested the ball to Boyle, there were only three Hearts defenders between him and Gordon. The first thing the three players did was to retreat and this gave Boyle and Youan the space to run in to and play the one - two.

brog
12-08-2022, 02:42 PM
There was only one Hearts player that was not 'goal side' of Cadden when he took the throw in. When Youan chested the ball to Boyle, there were only three Hearts defenders between him and Gordon. The first thing the three players did was to retreat and this gave Boyle and Youan the space to run in to and play the one - two.

I would imagine there have been some recriminations at PBS this week!

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2022, 03:35 AM

The new players must get what Hibs is now. Two great supports and another today.

BILLYHIBS
13-08-2022, 06:54 AM
I would imagine there have been some recriminations at PBS this week!

Yip they will have to step up their game

Increase their hacking and body checking and think up new and wonderful ways to run down the clock

From my lofty vantage point in the Stand on Sunday I honestly thought I was watching a NFL game the amount of times they body checked our runners off the ball

Hearts Aberdeen and St Johnstone all play this anti football game that is really disappointing and frustrating to watch but effective nine times out of ten and largely ignored and unpunished by our refs

The centre back will be docked a weeks wages for not pulling down Youan when he had the chance

Edit:

I thought the build up for their goal was a thing of beauty pulling our defenders out of position but still a strong case for handball

theonlywayisup
13-08-2022, 06:56 AM

Increase their hacking and body checking and think up new and wonderful ways to run down the clock

From my lofty vantage point in the Stand on Sunday I honestly thought I was watching a NFL game the amount of times they body checked our runners off the ball

Hearts Aberdeen and St Johnstone all play this anti football game that is really disappointing and frustrating to watch but effective nine times out of ten and largely ignored and unpunished by our refs

The centre back will be docked a weeks wages for not pulling down Youan when he had the chance

Their No.15 tried to bring Boyle down with a late kick-out, but Boyle was too quick. :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
13-08-2022, 07:11 AM
Their No.15 tried to bring Boyle down with a late kick-out, but Boyle was too quick. :greengrin

That’s Boyle only half fit

brog
13-08-2022, 07:44 AM

Edit:

I thought the build up for their goal was a thing of beauty pulling our defenders out of position but still a strong case for handball

You're spot on. Took me back to 2016 when they committed 2 fouls in build up to JC's goal but we took both free kicks immediately and caught them out.