PDA

View Full Version : How were the new hospitality lounges?

3pm
07-08-2022, 04:21 PM
Hope they were good. Any feedback?

BlackSheep
07-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Albion bar was very good, no issues to report from my group.

Very modern and clean with nice touches all over.

Original turnstiles used as tables was an amazing touch.

Had a good time pre and post match.

Booze was good, a good selection, no more than a few folk are the bar at a time.

Plenty of pre match and lost match food.

Glory Lurker
07-08-2022, 04:27 PM

Booze was good, a good selection, no more than a few folk are the bar at a time.

What beers are on?

Scotty Leither
07-08-2022, 04:28 PM
Albion Bar was different class.

Plenty of staff, quick service and they managed to rustle me up a gluten-free bacon roll which was very tasty.

..,and the tables fashioned out of the old turnstiles were a thing of beauty.

stuart-farquhar
07-08-2022, 04:28 PM

Excellent all round. Well apart from the presumption that all Albion bar members eat only pies or chips.

BlackSheep
07-08-2022, 04:43 PM
What beers are on?

Draught is Tennents, Innes & Gunn, Belhaven Best and Orchard Pig cider.

Bottles, Peroni, magners, magners dark fruits… and many others.

Soft drinks galore… Spirits galore…. Also a varied selection of wine

Food was nice too.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-08-2022, 04:44 PM

Soft drinks galore… Spirits galore….

Food was nice too.

No Guinness?
What were the prices like?

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2022, 04:45 PM
Excellent all round. Well apart from the presumption that all Albion bar members eat only pies or chips.

What did you expect from the bottom feeders option😁

Fratelli
07-08-2022, 04:55 PM

Agree with all your comments and what struck me right away was the sheer number of staff, both servers and guys and girls collecting the glasses and keeping everything tidy.

In the run up to the 11am start time to sell alcohol, pints and bottles were pre-prepared a couple of minutes in advance so waiting time was short.

All in all a great experience.

BlackSheep
07-08-2022, 04:56 PM
No Guinness?
What were the prices like?

They had Guinness cans/bottles… didn’t find out which one.

stuart-farquhar
07-08-2022, 04:59 PM
What did you expect from the bottom feeders option😁

Lol. Indeed. But maybe chicken wings. ( with Korean sticky sauce) Salt pepper calamari. Usual stuff.

stuart-farquhar
They had Guinness cans/bottles… didn’t find out which one.

Was Caledonia best I saw.

Hexham Hibee
Excellent. Edinburgh Lounge so much better than before. Quality food, staff and atmosphere.

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2022, 05:07 PM
Lol. Indeed. But maybe chicken wings. ( with Korean sticky sauce) Salt pepper calamari. Usual stuff.

You need to upgrade to Pioneers for fancy nibbles...😉

Hexham Hibee
07-08-2022, 05:19 PM
Excellent. Edinburgh Lounge so much better than before. Quality food, staff and atmosphere.

Nicho87
07-08-2022, 05:39 PM
Is the Albion bar just the modern day equivalent of behind the goals.

So you could have a season ticket in the east but a season pass for Albion bar?

All look terrific

Billy Whizz
07-08-2022, 05:42 PM

Have Chicken Jerk wings in the East now, just saying like. Did anyone try them

WhileTheChief..
07-08-2022, 05:43 PM
I think most of the staff must have been working in the bars as the queues at the kiosk were massive before kickoff. I went and got mine whilst in a huff at them scoring and got served straight away.

I got a pie, it was tremendous.

DaveF
07-08-2022, 05:45 PM
Is the Albion bar just the modern day equivalent of behind the goals.

So you could have a season ticket in the east but a season pass for Albion bar?

All look terrific

Looks that way, though it costs £200 to be a member (and it's sold out)

Iain G
07-08-2022, 05:45 PM

Food was nice too.

So no decent beer then? Oh well...

Hibby70
07-08-2022, 05:47 PM
Have Chicken Jerk wings in the East now, just saying like. Did anyone try them

Alex Cochrane had a couple I think 😬

Not In The Know
07-08-2022, 05:52 PM
**** me Hibs and Ron doing things well. The hospitality will generate a huge ROI. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Lendo
07-08-2022, 06:16 PM
**** me Hibs and Ron doing things well. The hospitality will generate a huge ROI. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Hopefully if successful it can kickstart the redevelopment of the North stand and get some new facilities in their.

CapitalGreen
07-08-2022, 06:21 PM
Albion Bar was excellent. No wait to enter, attentive & quick bar service, plentiful seating. Added bonus was all the players and coaches coming through post match so plenty opportunities for photos and autographs for the wee ones. The other spaces looked excellent too, the ‘Hibs’ branding throughout was spot on.

hibee-boys
07-08-2022, 06:27 PM
What’s the difference between the Albion Bar and Edinburgh Suite then? Didn’t realise there was food options in the Albion Bar as well. Hoping to get along to the Tornadoes or Pioneers hospitality this year, anyone there today?

DaveF
07-08-2022, 06:29 PM
What’s the difference between the Albion Bar and Edinburgh Suite then? Didn’t realise there was food options in the Albion Bar as well. Hoping to get along to the Tornadoes or Pioneers hospitality this year, anyone there today?

A few hundred £££

All the details are listed on the Hibs website if you want to check it out.

Sir David Gray
07-08-2022, 06:39 PM

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/hospitality/albion-bar

hibsfan
07-08-2022, 09:45 PM
Albion Bar was excellent today.

Lots of staff - probably just to prepare for day one… they were tripping over each other most of the day though, so will probably reduce in number. Plenty of seating and no wait for entry or service. Good selection of drinks and it was great to see that the players and staff walk through this area on their way out of the stadium - so lots of photo / autograph opportunities. Gray signed my cup final shirt - £200 well spent!

jonny
07-08-2022, 10:10 PM
Did anyone go to the Pioneers?
Wondering what the full hospitality package was like as considering it as a day out with a group in a few weeks

CentreLine
08-08-2022, 06:21 AM
Absolutely excellent and the staffing was so well organised and friendly. Best of all was the pleasant surprise of being able to enjoy a beer at half time in the Albion Bar. That was a bonus I wasn’t expecting. And I enjoyed getting the first ever pint over the counter both pre match and at half time. 🍻

Winston Ingram
08-08-2022, 06:34 AM

Food was nice too.

That's disappointing tbh

bigwheel
08-08-2022, 06:44 AM
Significant upgrade on previous versions. Service excellent. Vibe great ..very happy with it

Itsnoteasy
08-08-2022, 06:56 AM
That's disappointing tbh

There's always one.
It's not a CAMRA event you are attending.

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2022, 07:18 AM
There's always one.
:greengrin

Winston Ingram
08-08-2022, 08:03 AM
There's always one.

I know. Imagine wanting a decent product when stumping up for hospitality. I do apologise. :faf:

Iain G
08-08-2022, 08:15 AM
There's always one.

No reason why a Campervan / Bellfield / Pilot local beer shouldn't be available, maybe even on a guest tap or in the fridge?

BlackSheep
08-08-2022, 08:16 AM
That's disappointing tbh

Which part is disappointing? I found the range very broad and it certainly caters to all comers.

BlackSheep
08-08-2022, 08:16 AM
No reason why a Campervan / Bellfield / Pilot local beer shouldn't be available, maybe even on a guest tap or in the fridge?

A lot of the spirit were local Leith Gin, etc

Billy Whizz
08-08-2022, 08:18 AM
Reading on LinkedIn that it was a 7 figure investment, and had over 700 guests yesterday

BlackSheep
08-08-2022, 08:21 AM
Folk have to remember that The Albion Bar offering is less of a hospitality suite and more a stadium members bar.

With the decline in pubs around the stadium it’s a very welcome addition.

And while some will, it’s hard to find fault in this offering.

stuart-farquhar
08-08-2022, 08:31 AM
Which part is disappointing? I found the range very broad and it certainly caters to all comers.

In terms of design and layout the Albion bar is very good. Pub food? Pies and chips only? That's a throwback or stereotyping your average fan. I did have the chips though and they were OK. But whilst I recognise this is a bar for beer/wine and snacks before/after a football match personally I thought the food in particular could have been better and more up to date. Overall though worth the fee.

flash
08-08-2022, 08:35 AM
We were in Pioneers as part of the HSL table and it was excellent.
Food much better than last season and never waited longer than a couple of minutes for a drink.
Would definitely recommend for a wee treat if anyone if anyone is thinking about going.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2022, 08:37 AM
We were in Pioneers as part of the HSL table and it was excellent.
Food much better than last season and never waited longer than a couple of minutes for a drink.
Would definitely recommend for a wee treat if anyone if anyone is thinking about going.

Not sure of the cost, but think it will be a big treat instead of a wee treat😀

hibbyfraelibby
08-08-2022, 08:41 AM

Innes & Gunn is a local beer...

Brooster
08-08-2022, 08:47 AM
The beer snobs are out.

Steve-O
08-08-2022, 08:48 AM

If only the club did partnerships…oh wait.

Steve-O
08-08-2022, 08:49 AM
Is it possible to get one off tickets for these bars?

Jonpaulnevin
08-08-2022, 09:06 AM
Overall excellent and I cannot fault the service or quality of food in Tornadoes. However, it is way too over priced for what it is (i.e., walk up carvery) and is quite crowded. The club certainly needs to look at the price point and table layout in that area thats for sure.

Heisenberg
08-08-2022, 09:08 AM
Is it possible to get one off tickets for these bars?

Not for the Albion Bar. You can get one off tickets for the rest though I think.

Callum_62
08-08-2022, 09:10 AM
Overall excellent and I cannot fault the service or quality of food in Tornadoes. However, it is way too over priced for what it is (i.e., walk up carvery) and is quite crowded. The club certainly needs to look at the price point and table layout in that area thats for sure.

Its an interesting point but if its crowded (and remains so) I very much doubt the club will be dropping the price

Jonpaulnevin
08-08-2022, 09:19 AM
Its an interesting point but if its crowded (and remains so) I very much doubt the club will be dropping the price

Time will tell and I am sure they will test and adjust based upon feedback. The concept is fine it just needs tweaking.

stuart-farquhar
08-08-2022, 09:39 AM

I think he means tightly packed in. Looked l8ke that to me and put me off thinking of going.

H18S NX
08-08-2022, 09:53 AM
Guinness?

Jonpaulnevin
08-08-2022, 09:55 AM
I think he means tightly packed in. Looked l8ke that to me and put me off thinking of going.

That was exactly the issue. Think fast-food restaurant (i.e., McDonald's) table density. Lose a few tables, lower the ticket price point, and sort out the AV volume and the club will have that area squared away.

stuart-farquhar
08-08-2022, 09:57 AM
Guinness?

Nitro version of a proper stout.

Yours

A beer snob

hibbyfraelibby
08-08-2022, 02:40 PM

Why?

1. Its busy
2. Its sold out for season
3. It cost what it costs
4. See 1-3 above to u derstand why no need to drop prices.

If you cant afford it you cant afford it but others can.

Its why I drive a 5 door hatch back because Lamborghini dont sell their cars at Fiat prices but they still have an order backlog.

Emerald Suite expectations on a kiosk budget😉

Iain G
08-08-2022, 03:05 PM
Innes & Gunn is a local beer...

It's pish though 😁

Iain G
08-08-2022, 03:06 PM
The beer snobs are out.

You say beer snob, I say beer drinker with tastebuds left 😁

hibbyfraelibby
08-08-2022, 03:08 PM
It's pish though 😁

More of a claret man myself so cannot comment🍷😁

Jonpaulnevin
08-08-2022, 03:09 PM
Why?

1. Its busy
2. Its sold out for season
3. It cost what it costs
4. See 1-3 above to u derstand why no need to drop prices.

If you cant afford it you cant afford it but others can.

Its why I drive a 5 door hatch back because Lamborghini dont sell their cars at Fiat prices but they still have an order backlog.

Emerald Suite expectations on a kiosk budget😉

Aye cheers for your expert opinion there. Now bore off and get back in your Fiat.

hibbyfraelibby
08-08-2022, 03:12 PM
Aye cheers for your expert opinion there. Now bore off and get back in your Fiat.

My Fiat is a Ferrari...

Jonpaulnevin
08-08-2022, 03:13 PM
My Fiat is a Ferrari...

Touche and my VW is a lambo 😉

BlackSheep
08-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Listen....

There are multiple choices of beverage to drink while in the Bar... if you dont like the beer then go for a cider, if you dont like the cider then have a spirit or a wine, after that you can have a soft drink.

Beyond this its starting to get to the point where the problem isn't Hibs' but its your problem for being so picky.

Im not trying to sass anyone with this comment, just pointing out the obvious.

Dont be offended that Hibs haven't catered to your quite specific needs, they've actually done pretty well to cater so broadly to the masses in this instance.

Also dont forget that this is day 1... no one is saying they won't listen to feedback on inconsequential things like which local beer/legal/ale pernickety Joe does or dent like, but I, for one, think thyme smashed it out of the park with the refurb.

Well done to the team.

hibee-boys
08-08-2022, 03:38 PM
There’s doesn’t seem to much difference in the Tornadoes and Pioneer price if you want the all inclusive bar, sounds like paying a wee bit extra is better value in the Pioneer option then🤔

Jonpaulnevin
08-08-2022, 03:52 PM
There’s doesn’t seem to much difference in the Tornadoes and Pioneer price is you want the all inclusive bar, sounds like paying a wee bit extra is better value in the Pioneer option then🤔

Personally I would agree with that. Dont get me wrong I really enjoyed Tornadoes I just think Pioneers gives you more bang for your buck (4 course meal, inclusive drink, more space, pitch views etc) and would be worth the cost. For what it is Tornadoes should be priced around £125 not a £175.

SteveHFC
08-08-2022, 04:36 PM
Not for the Albion Bar. You can get one off tickets for the rest though I think.

Would have liked to visit the Albion Bar once just to see what it's like.

hibbyfraelibby
08-08-2022, 04:50 PM
Touche and my VW is a lambo 😉

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sir David Gray
08-08-2022, 06:31 PM

The Edinburgh Club is only available on a one off basis for category B matches.

For category A matches it's only the Tornadoes and Pioneers options which are available.

Iain G
08-08-2022, 06:33 PM
Listen....

There are multiple choices of beverage to drink while in the Bar... if you dont like the beer then go for a cider, if you dont like the cider then have a spirit or a wine, after that you can have a soft drink.

Beyond this its starting to get to the point where the problem isn't Hibs' but its your problem for being so picky.

Dont be offended that Hibs haven't catered to your quite specific needs, they've actually done pretty well to cater so broadly to the masses in this instance.

Also dont forget that this is day 1... no one is saying they won't listen to feedback on inconsequential things like which local beer/legal/ale pernickety Joe does or dent like, but I, for one, think thyme smashed it out of the park with the refurb.

Well done to the team.

Rather be picky than drink pig swill 😁

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2022, 07:39 PM
Rather be picky than drink pig swill 😁

Seconded. Banning Tennents lager from the stadium would be a start.

Tambo
08-08-2022, 07:42 PM
Just seen the all access video on the Hibs YouTube and they look amazing.

e2los
08-08-2022, 07:58 PM

Thirded, but would have that as an option with non Tennents/Belhaven choices.

Guinness works as a last resort.

flash
08-08-2022, 08:06 PM
The big red T taking a pasting on this thread but it tasted fine to me in Pioneers yesterday.

Pretty Boy
08-08-2022, 08:09 PM
Listen....

Well done to the team.

The thing about Tennents is it's exceptionally popular. People who don't like it feel the need to tell anyone who will listen given any opportunity. Any social media post that mentions Tennents gets the treatment. That doesn't change the fact it is Scotland's best selling beer by a distance.

For any middle of the road wet led venue not to have Tennents is just silly. It's a guaranteed seller and a comfortable and safe option for a lot of drinkers. That's less true of higher end venues and craft beer specific pubs but for somewhere like the Albion Bar then it's a no brainer to have it. I've worked in several venues that have tried to tart the place up by taking Tennents out, every single one has it back on within weeks.

I like a nice beer. I'll happily spend money on something containing hops that only grows for 3 days of the year and has to be watered with the tears of a phoenix when the fancy takes me. I enjoy a pint of Tennents as well though. If a venue has 4 or 5 draught and multiple bottled options and someone really can't stomach any of them then that person really needs to be going somewhere more niche as a bar open only once or twice a week simply can't offer more than that when it's aim is to make money.

Mcbizz1998
08-08-2022, 08:22 PM
The snobbery of the craft beer crowd is a good laugh.

Iain G
08-08-2022, 08:26 PM
The thing about Tennents is it's exceptionally popular. People who don't like it feel the need to tell anyone who will listen given any opportunity. Any social media post that mentions Tennents gets the treatment. That doesn't change the fact it is Scotland's best selling beer by a distance.

For any middle of the road wet led venue not to have Tennents is just silly. It's a guaranteed seller and a comfortable and safe option for a lot of drinkers. That's less true of higher end venues and craft beer specific pubs but for somewhere like the Albion Bar then it's a no brainer to have it. I've worked in several venues that have tried to tart the place up by taking Tennents out, every single one has it back on within weeks.

I like a nice beer. I'll happily spend money on something containing hops that only grows for 3 days of the year and has to be watered with the tears of a phoenix when the fancy takes me. I enjoy a pint of Tennents as well though. If a venue has 4 or 5 draught and multiple bottled options and someone really can't stomach any of them then that person really needs to be going somewhere more niche as a bar open only once or twice a week simply can't offer more than that when it's aim is to make money.

Not as bad as all those folks who like to be populist and tell you how good Tennents is to be part of the masses ..I bet Boris tells people he likes it to make himself look normal and human and just like everyone else...

That's not the Hibs way, we strive to be different and stand out from the crowd, and so should our beer choice in our stadium bars, we want the maverick beer equivalent of a Latapy or Scott Allan or Chic Charley, and not a Nielsen or Levein or Medals MacLay....dare to be Hibs, dare to be different!

(Can I have a g&t please...)

BlackSheep
08-08-2022, 08:31 PM
Would have liked to visit the Albion Bar once just to see what it's like.

Members/customers of the higher tier hospitality suites are also free to visit the Albion Bar… if you’re doing a one off I’d say do Pioneers and then nip down to Albion after your meal.

BlackSheep
08-08-2022, 08:34 PM
Not as bad as all those folks who like to be populist and tell you how good Tennents is to be part of the masses ..I bet Boris tells people he likes it to make himself look normal and human and just like everyone else...

That's not the Hibs way, we strive to be different and stand out from the crowd, and so should our beer choice in our stadium bars, we want the maverick beer equivalent of a Latapy or Scott Allan or Chic Charley, and not a Nielsen or Levein or Medals MacLay....dare to be Hibs, dare to be different!

I get the perspective that you want us to be different, but as already said by other posters, Tennents is popular and will sell… these hospitality offerings need to be making money hand over fist otherwise the investment was pointless.

I’m not a huge fan of Tennents, but after a pint I tried something different.

And always a rum and coke to fall back on.

stuart-farquhar
08-08-2022, 08:35 PM

I presume your inverted snobbery understands that snobbery is basically defined as a person who imitates, cultivates or slavishly admires those with social rank, wealth, etc, and is condescending to others.”

Or have I misunderstood your aspersions of aforesaid re my and others who enjoy various styles of ale/lagers etc?

BlackSheep
08-08-2022, 08:35 PM
I presume your inverted snobbery understands that snobbery is basically defined as a person who imitates, cultivates or slavishly admires those with social rank, wealth, etc, and is condescending to others.”

Or have I misunderstood your aspersions of aforesaid re my and others who enjoy various styles of ale/lagers etc?

Can’t tell if this is tongue in cheek… but regardless it’s fun! Lol

e2los
08-08-2022, 08:44 PM

It's not snobbery, some of us just don't like tennents/belhaven.
That said we are delighted you like it and it's all good.
Personally I'd go without beer/lager if those were the only options.

Just saying that it wouldn't hurt to have one thing that was palatable for us weirdos.

Iain G
08-08-2022, 08:46 PM
I get the perspective that you want us to be different, but as already said by other posters, Tennents is popular and will sell… these hospitality offerings need to be making money hand over fist otherwise the investment was pointless.

I’m not a huge fan of Tennents, but after a pint I tried something different.

And always a rum and coke to fall back on.

Am being mostly tongue in cheek, but stocking some Cans of Leith Juice or similar or even better working with one of the local craft breweries to make a stadium only Hibs beer would be a great idea.

A "Seven Nil Pils", a "Franck SauzIPA" or a "Mickey Beer" would sell well am sure 😁

(Or a Yam Sour?) 🤣

DaveF
08-08-2022, 09:04 PM
Just seen the all access video on the Hibs YouTube and they look amazing.

Yep, it looks excellent. Not sure I can afford it, but it does look very good.

08-08-2022, 09:16 PM
Am being mostly tongue in cheek, but stocking some Cans of Leith Juice or similar or even better working with one of the local craft breweries to make a stadium only Hibs beer would be a great idea.

A "Seven Nil Pils", a "Franck SauzIPA" or a "Mickey Beer" would sell well am sure 😁

(Or a Yam Sour?) 🤣

A Kyle McGuinness

et_hibby
08-08-2022, 09:19 PM
A Kyle McGuinness
Think that’s off at the moment (and generally always)

08-08-2022, 09:21 PM
Think that’s off at the moment (and generally always)

😂

Steve-O
09-08-2022, 02:12 AM

It's probably a fair point on the draught beer, but I wouldn't have thought it was overly difficult for them to have a craft beer offering of cans / bottles, particularly from a local brewery where they could perhaps send back any unsold stock or whatever. Choice is the name of the game really. Still, first week they've all been open so plenty time to refine it.

As a craft beer drinker of now 10+ years, I do still like a pint of Tennent's from time to time. Has slightly more novelty value as you don't see it a lot in New Zealand, but when I do, I always get one!

GibbytheHibby2
09-08-2022, 05:29 AM

(Or a Yam Sour?) 🤣

I’m happy to negotiate with hibs on my recipes for a dark lager . 90+2

Winston Ingram
09-08-2022, 05:41 AM

This

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2022, 05:45 AM
Cannae beat a good cold pint of Tennents lager

Safe option for the majority and a guaranteed best seller

I agree with Pretty Boy’s post

Eaststand
09-08-2022, 06:02 AM
I’m happy to negotiate with hibs on my recipes for a dark lager . 90+2

Impressive, and that deserves a wider audience bud 👍

GGTTH

Stairway 2 7
09-08-2022, 06:15 AM
I wonder what the ratio is of tennents sold compared to other draft I'd bet 10 to 1. If they had a nice lager like pilot, I'd bet tennents would outsell it by 20 to 1.

It's like saying remove pies from the kiosks round the stadium as there is far better food available, the hoi polloi just need better taste buds than choosing a mince pie.

Iain G
09-08-2022, 06:24 AM
A Kyle McGuinness

Maybe a Jarkko Weiss and is the Pat Stout-on?

Dashing Bob S
09-08-2022, 06:35 AM

Agreed. Leave Tennents for the low lifes who miss the taste of cigarettes in pubs so much that they have to have it scented in their beer. This vile concoction and the reprobates who use it to wash down their horrendous rat poison infested council cocaine are responsible for dragging the good name of the club through the mud repeatedly.

Iain G
09-08-2022, 06:42 AM
Agreed. Leave Tennents for the low lifes who miss the taste of cigarettes in pubs so much that they have to have it scented in their beer. This vile concoction and the reprobates who use it to wash down their horrendous rat poison infested council cocaine are responsible for dragging the good name of the club through the mud repeatedly.

And shout "gardyloo" prior to every mouthful!

SChibs
09-08-2022, 06:43 AM

Genuinely can't tell if this is serious or a whoosh moment for me

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2022, 06:45 AM

Wow!

hibbie02
09-08-2022, 07:43 AM
Genuinely can't tell if this is serious or a whoosh moment for me

It's Dashing Bob, being Dashing Bob. It is what he does.

stuart-farquhar
09-08-2022, 08:31 AM
Can’t tell if this is tongue in cheek… but regardless it’s fun! Lol

Tongue firmly in cheek tbh. But a wee point I suppose too lol.

Silversand
09-08-2022, 08:42 AM
Agreed. Leave Tennents for the low lifes who miss the taste of cigarettes in pubs so much that they have to have it scented in their beer. This vile concoction and the reprobates who use it to wash down their horrendous rat poison infested council cocaine are responsible for dragging the good name of the club through the mud repeatedly.Love it Bob [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mcbizz1998
09-08-2022, 08:49 AM

LOL. Whatever mate!

hibee-boys
09-08-2022, 10:13 AM
Some decent insight into what each of the new hospitality suites offer has descended into a Tenners Lager class war🤷🏼😂 For those of us who couldn’t give a flying monkeys what lager is on offer could those who attended update me on my primary reason for choosing a lager……..the cost of a pint👍

SChibs
09-08-2022, 11:52 AM
Some decent insight into what each of the new hospitality suites offer has descended into a Tenners Lager class war🤷🏼😂 For those of us who couldn’t give a flying monkeys what lager is on offer could those who attended update me on the my primary reason for choosing a lager……..the cost of a pint👍

This is the right answer. Most of it tastes the same anyway

Since452
09-08-2022, 12:01 PM
From the footage hibs posted on Youtube it looks absolutley superb. What a transformation since Ron Gordon came in. I remember being on a stadium tour around 2015/16 and being shocked at how run down the place looked. Stains on the worn out carpets etc. It's really heartwarming to see and huge credit to the people running the club.

SChibs
09-08-2022, 12:10 PM
From the footage hibs posted on Youtube it looks absolutley superb. What a transformation since Ron Gordon came in. I remember being on a stadium tour around 2015/16 and being shocked at how run down the place looked. Stains on the worn out carpets etc. It's really heartwarming to see and huge credit to the people running the club.

If it remains popular it won't be long until its paid for itself and then the money can start going back into the team

evy
09-08-2022, 12:13 PM
Personally I would agree with that. Dont get me wrong I really enjoyed Tornadoes I just think Pioneers gives you more bang for your buck (4 course meal, inclusive drink, more space, pitch views etc) and would be worth the cost. For what it is Tornadoes should be priced around £125 not a £175.

As a rough calculation, on a presumption of 200 heads per game for 19 league games, that's £190,000 of income wiped out just like that. I, obviously, don't know what margin Hibs are working on, but that will eat into it very quickly.

hibee-boys
09-08-2022, 12:26 PM
I may have got the wrong end of the stick but, the catering deal recently agreed, did that not sign away profits to that firm in favour of guaranteed income over a long period? Maybe that was the kiosks🤔 Either way, all looks a fantastic upgrade, will definitely get along there for a game this season, one where it’s a 3pm kick off guaranteed.

SChibs
09-08-2022, 12:28 PM
I may have got the wrong end of the stick but, the catering deal recently agreed, did that not sign away profits to that firm in favour of guaranteed income over a long period? Maybe that was the kiosks🤔 Either way, all looks a fantastic upgrade, will definitely get along there for a game this season, one where it’s a 3pm kick off guaranteed.

Good point. I reckon they get x amount of the hospitality price but not all of it.

WhileTheChief..
09-08-2022, 12:41 PM
So if you don’t like a certain drink, you want it banned from ER?

Selfish in the extreme. Why not just not buy it and let everyone else who likes it crack on?

BlackSheep
09-08-2022, 12:49 PM
Some decent insight into what each of the new hospitality suites offer has descended into a Tenners Lager class war🤷🏼😂 For those of us who couldn’t give a flying monkeys what lager is on offer could those who attended update me on my primary reason for choosing a lager……..the cost of a pint👍

£4.90 for a Tennents.

weecounty hibby
09-08-2022, 01:12 PM
I am a Guinness drinker and also enjoy various ales and prefer them to lagers. But on a warm day a cold pint of Tennents is actually pretty refreshing. Each to their own and it looks. Like you would need to be very picky not to be able to have a drink with the choice shown

Iain G
09-08-2022, 01:14 PM
So if you don’t like a certain drink, you want it banned from ER?

Selfish in the extreme. Why not just not buy it and let everyone else who likes it crack on?

Who wants it banned? More just want drinkable alternatives...

overdrive
09-08-2022, 01:19 PM
I’m probably the opposite to most people in terms of their ale/lager “journey”.

For a lot of folk, it is lager in their younger years before moving onto craft beer, real ale, etc.

I hated lager in my teens/20s/early 30s and always went for real ale or craft beer of some sort. Now I’m in my mid/late 30s I’d probably go for a lager and more often than not Tennents, especially on a hot day.

Brightside
09-08-2022, 02:07 PM
This is the right answer. Most of it tastes the same anyway

Yep - its just lager. If you want to be done over for £10 cans of IPA there are plenty places around that now do it.

Iain G
09-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Yep - its just lager. If you want to be done over for £10 cans of IPA there are plenty places around that now do it.

Are any of them in Easter Road though? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-08-2022, 05:04 PM
The boozer that's replaced the 4IH isnae the cheapest.

pollution
09-08-2022, 06:18 PM
£4.90 for a Tennents.

At last, thank you !

Iain G
09-08-2022, 06:39 PM
£4.90 for a Tennents.

What a swindle! 🤣

stuart-farquhar
09-08-2022, 08:33 PM
What a swindle! 🤣

That's for 6 cans.

cocopops1875
09-08-2022, 08:35 PM
Have no issue with the offerings on Draught.

The Addition of Leith Juice in cans would be most welcome though.

flash
09-08-2022, 08:43 PM
What a swindle! 🤣

£6.60 for a pint of Old Goats Knobcheese so you will be happy.

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2022, 08:46 PM

😂

3pm
09-08-2022, 08:47 PM
I only asked how the lounges were....

Iain G
09-08-2022, 09:20 PM

What was the name of the goat?

Iain G
09-08-2022, 09:21 PM
I only asked how the lounges were....

Yeah and look how well that went!

Winston Ingram
10-08-2022, 05:57 AM
That's for 6 cans.

Still a swindle

Is It On....
10-08-2022, 06:25 AM

Horrible, horrible stuff....

Libby Hibby
10-08-2022, 06:28 AM
I quite like Tennents lager

Stairway 2 7
10-08-2022, 06:44 AM
It's weird how angry people get about a product they don't buy. I don't like ketchup . I don't say its a joke everywhere has ketchup its crap, I just don't choose it. Vast majority of pints sold are Tennants. People wouldn't buy it if they didn't like it , the people that don't like it don't buy it. If there isn't one drink you like out of all they drinks in the stadium, then you shouldn't be in a boozer.

SChibs
10-08-2022, 08:18 AM
It's weird how angry people get about a product they don't buy. I don't like ketchup . I don't say its a joke everywhere has ketchup its crap, I just don't choose it. Vast majority of pints sold are Tennants. People wouldn't buy it if they didn't like it , the people that don't like it don't buy it. If there isn't one drink you like out of all they drinks in the stadium, then you shouldn't be in a boozer.

Correct. It's funny how you always hear folk slagging Tennants, Fosters and Carling yet they are the best selling lagers and you find all three in almost every pub. Can't be that bad

danhibees1875
10-08-2022, 08:19 AM
Correct. It's funny how you always hear folk slagging Tennants, Fosters and Carling yet they are the best selling lagers and you find all three in almost every pub. Can't be that bad

By that logic one direction's music most be incredible. :wink:

Eaststand
10-08-2022, 10:06 AM
I quite like Tennents lager

Yep, personal tastes etc, but this knocking of Tennents puzzles me a bit.

As the beach boys song goes, I get around (pun intended ) and over the years I've tried loads of foreign lagers. IMHO not many lagers can beat a good cold pint of Tennents 🍺

I've been in the company of folks from many other countries whilst having a beer and guess what, they usually love Tennents lager too

GGTTH

Scotty Leither
10-08-2022, 10:27 AM
I think they should sell “Eight Ace” at £1:49

WHAM
10-08-2022, 10:49 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Emerald Suite? It’s not available to buy on the hospitality options so is it a private suite for Board members/players families etc?

overdrive
10-08-2022, 10:57 AM
Yep, personal tastes etc, but this knocking of Tennents puzzles me a bit.

As the beach boys song goes, I get around (pun intended ) and over the years I've tried loads of foreign lagers. IMHO not many lagers can beat a good cold pint of Tennents 🍺

I've been in the company of folks from many other countries whilst having a beer and guess what, they usually love Tennents lager too

GGTTH

Tennents Super is very popular in Italy. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on draft and in bottles in fancy bars in Florence and Pisa (in my I'm a real ale drinker snobby days). I've not been but my fiancée tells me it is what they sell in the San Siro as well.

Lendo
10-08-2022, 11:05 AM
Tennents Super is very popular in Italy. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on draft and in bottles in fancy bars in Florence and Pisa (in my I'm a real ale drinker snobby days). I've not been but my fiancée tells me it is what they sell in the San Siro as well.

My one and only time drinking Tennents Super was in Rome.

CapitalGreen
10-08-2022, 11:17 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Emerald Suite? It’s not available to buy on the hospitality options so is it a private suite for Board members/players families etc?

It’s the new name for the boardroom.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-08-2022, 11:17 AM

Plenty bars around the harbour in Bari sold it when I was over there for the Scotland game.

danhibees1875
10-08-2022, 11:25 AM
My one and only time drinking Tennents Super was in Rome.

Sorrento for me. Couldn't not buy one when I seen it in the supermarket. Tasted awful right enough.

Carheenlea
10-08-2022, 11:44 AM
I get the sense that The Albion Bar will remain sold out for quite a while given how much the current membership appear to have enjoyed it.

Memberships might be hard to come by in the future, despite there being no shortage of bars within a short distance of the stadium.

Hibs must have the most pubs near the ground out of all the clubs in Scotland. Hearts too, albeit maybe a slightly longer distance from the ground.

Zondervan
10-08-2022, 11:55 AM

Was speaking to one of the hospitality account managers on Sunday.

Emerald suite is “invite only” for selected business and sponsors.

It has 10 tables of 4, circa £25k a table per annum, and is sold out.

Boardroom is next to Tornadoes on the 1st floor. Think it is called the Chairman’s Club.

I was in the Albion Bar and thought it was excellent. Plenty space, everyone got a seat and good selection of drinks. Food was average - £3 for a breakfast role (with only one bit of sliced sausage [emoji33]).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
10-08-2022, 12:06 PM
Was speaking to one of the hospitality account managers on Sunday.

Emerald suite is “invite only” for selected business and sponsors.

It has 10 tables of 4, circa £25k a table per annum, and is sold out.

Boardroom is next to Tornadoes on the 1st floor. Think it is called the Chairman’s Club.

I was in the Albion Bar and thought it was excellent. Plenty space, everyone got a seat and good section of drinks. Food was average - £3 for a breakfast role (with only one bit of sliced sausage [emoji33]).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£3.80 for a steak pie at the kiosks, think yourself lucky🤪

Brooster
11-08-2022, 05:56 AM
It’s the new name for the boardroom.

I don't think that's right. The Emerald Suite is a private suite for clients who pump top dollar in to the club.

CapitalGreen
11-08-2022, 06:34 AM
I don't think that's right. The Emerald Suite is a private suite for clients who pump top dollar in to the club.

I know, the Emerald Suite is in the space which was previously known as the boardroom on the third floor. It can be directly accessed through the double doors directly behind where RG sits.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2022, 06:37 AM
New Suites

https://youtu.be/xaD6dJEANGU

RyeSloan
11-08-2022, 12:02 PM
New Suites

https://youtu.be/xaD6dJEANGU

The upgrade is something else!

Well done Ron and all involved, has really moved that part of the stadium forward a huge amount.

hibee-boys
11-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Fantastic upgrade, I was pretty shocked how tired and grubby the west stand looked when taking in the tour. Far better use of space in the west stand to generate revenue and give an opportunity for more Hibs fans to make a day of it. Kinda gutted I didn’t take up an Albion bar spot when we had the chance🤷🏼

Jones28
11-08-2022, 02:12 PM

😂😂😂

stuart-farquhar
11-08-2022, 02:15 PM
Fantastic upgrade, I was pretty shocked how tired and grubby the west stand looked when taking in the tour. Far better use of space in the west stand to generate revenue and give an opportunity for more Hibs fans to make a day of it. Kinda gutted I didn’t take up an Albion bar spot when we had the chance🤷🏼

Judging by the reaction (including mine) this was much needed. Probably scope for similar elsewhere. A kid friendly one e.g

RyeSloan
11-08-2022, 03:23 PM
Judging by the reaction (including mine) this was much needed. Probably scope for similar elsewhere. A kid friendly one e.g

I’m sure there will be plans for the FF stand. Will be exciting to see what they are cooking up for there. Also highly likely that the corner between the FF and East will be getting looked at very closely as well in terms of what can be put there to increase revenue further.

It’s great we finally have someone running the club that understands what genuine investment is and how to drive long term revenue.

I’m convinced that Ron knows what’s he doing on that front and can’t wait to see what the next phase brings.

Bridge hibs
11-08-2022, 08:44 PM
Is there any plans to create bars in the FF stand in the near future ?

Hibs4185
04-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Just read on LinkedIn that the new hospitality has tripled turnover for hospitality. Incredible numbers and it’s good to see RG’s ambitions coming to life!

04-10-2022, 11:56 AM
Just read on LinkedIn that the new hospitality has tripled turnover for hospitality. Incredible numbers and it’s good to see RG’s ambitions coming to life!

Good stuff, hopefully won't take long to have covered the cost of the upgrade.

evy
04-10-2022, 12:02 PM

But but but the doomsayers told us it was overpriced and wouldn't sell....

Jpdhfc
04-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Is there any plans to create bars in the FF stand in the near future ?

I was in hospitality for Aberdeen game spoke to Ben Kensell and he said on the back of the success of new hospitality they were now looking to do this.

green day
04-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Good stuff, hopefully won't take long to have covered the cost of the upgrade.

Thought we had already done that as we have sold the rights for a fortune?

04-10-2022, 12:23 PM

Did we? I thought it was just the rights for the kiosk catering we'd sold.

Stairway 2 7
04-10-2022, 01:14 PM

I thought it was only the profit from the food and drink sold in stadium, so we get the main profits the money from the packages ect

Garymcl
04-10-2022, 04:18 PM
Was in hospitality for the Aberdeen game very impressed will be going back soon definitely want to go back hopefully this side of Xmas :flag:

Bridge hibs
04-10-2022, 04:47 PM
I was in hospitality for Aberdeen game spoke to Ben Kensell and he said on the back of the success of new hospitality they were now looking to do this.Excellent, East next please 👍

Sir David Gray
04-10-2022, 05:38 PM
I was in hospitality for Aberdeen game spoke to Ben Kensell and he said on the back of the success of new hospitality they were now looking to do this.

I take it he was talking about further hospitality areas as opposed to a free to enter bar being reopened?

CentreLine
05-10-2022, 08:00 AM
Excellent, East next please 👍

Apparently, due to the different construction of the east, there is no room to make these facilities happen there. Definitely planned for the FF though

offshorehibby
05-10-2022, 08:07 AM
Apparently, due to the different construction of the east, there is no room to make these facilities happen there. Definitely planned for the FF though

I was always led to believe the way the East was constructed a first floor could be installed in the concourse if the money was available, although i think that would be a very expensive project for the return.

CentreLine
05-10-2022, 08:31 AM
I was always led to believe the way the East was constructed a first floor could be installed in the concourse if the money was available, although i think that would be a very expensive project for the return.

I think that’s right. The space already exists in the other stands but it would be a much larger project to think about it for the east. The space definitely is not there at present and would have to be added.

stuart-farquhar
05-10-2022, 08:58 AM
I think that’s right. The space already exists in the other stands but it would be a much larger project to think about it for the east. The space definitely is not there at present and would have to be added.

Indeed. Just imagine if you could put a few basic bars in the concourse. Sell beer in plastic mugs.

Crazy idea I know. Would never work anywhere I suppose.

Renfrew_Hibby
05-10-2022, 09:04 AM

Don't forget the North East corner... lots of room, so many possibilities.

Hibs4185
05-10-2022, 09:31 AM
Im sure when the west was built they said that they built it in a way that another tier could be added if needed (not that it will be)

Jones28
05-10-2022, 10:11 AM

Definitely my recollection. They could put a floor in if there was the demand.

I think there'd be a market for a really spartan, industrial looking space there, like a really hip bar that you'd see in the west end of Glasgow. Cheap to build, cheap to run and low prices - something for the riff raff :greengrin

chippy
05-10-2022, 03:55 PM

I think there'd be a market for a really spartan, industrial looking space there, like a really hip bar that you'd see in the west end of Glasgow. Cheap to build, cheap to run and low prices - something for the riff raff :greengrin

Maine Road, when City were a proper football club had a stand very like our East. I think it only had the ground floor, but could be wrong on that. But on the ground floor, bevy was freely available to purchase and drink in plastic pots

DickieDastardly
06-10-2022, 02:35 AM
My understanding was the east was built to allow a hotel to be developed within the internal framework. I think the steel work is deigned to facilitate that plus much of the M&E infrastructure..

stuart-farquhar
06-10-2022, 08:21 AM

Not like the ones in Edinburgh then. Glasgow has fancier looking ones?

Hibs4185
06-10-2022, 08:37 AM
My understanding was the east was built to allow a hotel to be developed within the internal framework. I think the steel work is deigned to facilitate that plus much of the M&E infrastructure..

So the yams are copying our hotel idea?

Bridge hibs
06-10-2022, 09:00 AM
So the yams are copying our hotel idea?

They have a spare staircase we could maybe buy from them. They obviously dont need it

Jones28
06-10-2022, 09:18 AM
Not like the ones in Edinburgh then. Glasgow has fancier looking ones?

I'm getting my Weegie geography mixed up, wheres the Drygate brewery? Its East isn't it?

Jones28
06-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Maine Road, when City were a proper football club had a stand very like our East. I think it only had the ground floor, but could be wrong on that. But on the ground floor, bevy was freely available to purchase and drink in plastic pots

Therein is the real issue, it would be an ideal space to host thousands of fans for a drink pre match, but because we're treated like children who cannot be trusted to drink at a football stadium we're not allowed.