PDA

View Full Version : Youan

makaveli1875
07-08-2022, 01:10 PM
Marshal and Boyle will grab the headlines but I was impressed by big Elie , he’s quick , strong and has a lovely touch . Just needs a goal but he’s going to be a big player this season

Dalianwanda
07-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Really excited by him. His interaction with Boyle for the goal was brilliant especially so late on.

FilipinoHibs
07-08-2022, 01:13 PM
Really excited by him. His interaction with Boyle for the goal was brilliant especially so late on.

Yes as gets familiar with the other players will be electric.

Tambo
07-08-2022, 01:14 PM
A couple of loose touches but never gave up and gives it 100%, good quality at the end for the assist.

A few weeks we should see his best.

DH1875
Yeah looked good. No problems with his performance today.

Lancs Harp
Thought he was a bright spark, until Boyle came on though he just needed better support and service. Fast, energetic and not short on ability. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Callum_62
07-08-2022, 01:37 PM
I think he was on the fringes but has shown in flashes he has it

The link up and pace for the goal was great

I genuinly think he will be a very good player once settled

Given the changes we have made at the top end of the pitch its no surprises it will take time time to click

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Since452
07-08-2022, 01:38 PM
He'll be a big player for us once settled in.

CraigHibee
07-08-2022, 01:42 PM
Looks a player

Hibees1973
07-08-2022, 01:43 PM
Can and will only get better as well.

CMac1988
07-08-2022, 01:49 PM
Spent a lot of time feeding on scraps today and worked hard so happy something finally came off from him. The slight turn of pace after his touch before passing for the goal was different class.

Onion
07-08-2022, 01:51 PM
Looks like a decent player.

Loved the way he and Boyle linked up for the goal. Just need someone alongside him, and 2 new midfielders.

Just Alf
07-08-2022, 01:55 PM
A couple of loose touches but never gave up and gives it 100%, good quality at the end for the assist.

A few weeks we should see his best.Totally agree with that, along with Boyle hitting the ground running I'm starting to feel a bit more positive

LustForLeith
07-08-2022, 02:10 PM
Word on the street from the Hibs players is he’s different class in training. They can’t believe how good he is

Torto7
07-08-2022, 02:11 PM
I'm not convinced he's a striker. I liked when he blew Smith away for pace in the first half on the left. He's got immense potential. Teams aren't going to enjoy facing him and Boyle when both are up to speed.

BT58
07-08-2022, 02:15 PM
Him and Boyle up top will score a barrowload. Pace and movement very good. Feel sorry for the Meileky bar kid, but his time will come.
B

lyonhibs
07-08-2022, 02:17 PM
My man of the match. Given a horrible task for most of the game, stretching the play, chasing random hoofs and pressing Hearts on his own for most of the game. Performed admirably and never stopped

Crab apple
07-08-2022, 02:29 PM
I think we have a really good player here.

supermcginn
07-08-2022, 02:37 PM
I like him a lot. Has pace in abundance which makes a huge difference

Stuart93
07-08-2022, 02:46 PM
I like him a lot better when he stays out wider. Can see he’s got quality, done brilliantly for boyles goal

seanshow
07-08-2022, 02:55 PM
Similar to Clarke when he played last season, you can tell straight awayhe has qualities, even beyond his team mates.
Very good player, hope he joins after the loan. :)

CL0762
07-08-2022, 02:56 PM
Once he gets motoring he’ll be a massive massive problem.

Incredible to keep that composure to slot Boyle in at the end.

Unseen work
07-08-2022, 03:21 PM
Showed in flashes today he has quality, especially when he drifts slightly wide he looks a real threat

Found some of his touches really frustrating though and thought it wasn’t sticking for us, Doidge was the same.

Think he’ll be good once he gets sharp, done brilliantly for the goal too.

Hibee Mac
07-08-2022, 03:26 PM
Showed in flashes today he has quality, especially when he drifts slightly wide he looks a real threat

Found some of his touches really frustrating though and thought it wasn’t sticking for us, Doidge was the same.

Think he’ll be good once he gets sharp, done brilliantly for the goal too.Agree with him looking dangerous out wide. Is that not also where he's played more often at previous clubs?

Reckon him and Boyle out wide with someone else in the middle would work well.

Hibs4185
07-08-2022, 03:29 PM
You can see he will be a cut above.

Felt so sorry for him today with the officiating.

He touches a defender - free kick to hearts
He gets blocked - free kick to hearts

Once he settles in he will be a massive player for us.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2022, 03:46 PM
Very good player, just needs service

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
Did brilliant for the goal. Strength, pace, good ball.

I think there is something there. Not sure about him being the one through the middle, not in the box enough.

Fergos
His chest pass and interplay with Boyler for the goal was superb. Halketts still trying to catch him….Youan properly burned him for the goal. Soooo good.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2022, 04:04 PM
We now how four forwards: Boyle, Youan, Melkersen and Doige who I believe will score if given service. The issue is the midfield.

JohnM1875
07-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Crap first touch at times but that'll improve with game time and think he looks a real player. More he gets used to playing in our team I honestly think he'll flourish.

What was it, 94th minute today and he still had the energy and pace to burst pass the defender and assist Boyle. He's a player.

JohnM1875
07-08-2022, 04:23 PM
We now how four forwards: Boyle, Youan, Melkersen and Doige who I believe will score if given service. The issue is the midfield.

Bojang so five.

Alfred E Newman
07-08-2022, 04:26 PM
Bojang so five.

Nisbet so six.

hibsbollah
07-08-2022, 05:17 PM
You can see he will be a cut above.

Felt so sorry for him today with the officiating.

He touches a defender - free kick to hearts
He gets blocked - free kick to hearts

Once he settles in he will be a massive player for us.

:agree: Absolutely agree with this. It's a concern that Scottish refs don't protect players like him who can be thrown off their stride by constant obstruction. He'll be a success somewhere, I'm hoping it's with us.

GloryGlory
07-08-2022, 05:23 PM
I liked the way Youan and Boyle linked up for our goal. Nice chest lay off by Youan to Boyle - Youan immediately starts making a run, give and go by Boyle, Youan takes it on and outpaces the defender, cuts back and Boyle is on the end to finish. Those two could be a great partnership when they get to know each others game. Two pacy forwards prepared to run at defences.

LewysGot2
07-08-2022, 06:32 PM
The link up for the goal, his strength and determination in getting past the man and playing Boyler in was top drawer

Coco Bryce
07-08-2022, 06:34 PM
The link up for the goal, his strength and determination in getting past the man and playing Boyler in was top drawer

This. Boyle rightly so getting the credit for the goal but the effort Youan put into that run in the 95th minute is different class.

CapitalGreen
07-08-2022, 06:36 PM
A front 3 of Youan, Boyle and Melkerson all interchanging could be something special. Youan shouldn’t be stuck playing through the middle on his on as you can see he wants to find space wherever it is.

LewysGot2
07-08-2022, 06:38 PM
A front 3 of Youan, Boyle and Melkerson all interchanging could be something special. Youan shouldn’t be stuck playing through the middle on his on as you can see he wants to find space wherever it is.

Boyle Youan and Nisbet

CapitalGreen
07-08-2022, 06:39 PM
Boyle Youan and Nisbet

This too potentially but that’s a while a way yet.

Stubbsy90+2
07-08-2022, 07:01 PM
Think he looks a cracking player.

Hearts fans I was speaking to after the game thought the same, they thought he looked very, very good.

Aldo
07-08-2022, 07:15 PM
Think he looks a cracking player.

Hearts fans I was speaking to after the game thought the same, they thought he looked very, very good.

His chest down, run then wee touch to take the ball away for defender was excellent. Best but if all for me was him lifting his heading and looking where Boyle was, then laying the ball at his feet.

3/4 hearts defenders were helpless!

Lads got pace and power and hopefully with them both in team it’ll create more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaMotta
07-08-2022, 07:32 PM
Best of our summer signings ( Boyle apart) by a country mile.

Since452
07-08-2022, 07:43 PM
Watched the game back and he was actually really impressive. Looks like he could form a very good partnership with Boyle.

Sir David Gray
07-08-2022, 07:46 PM
Best of our summer signings ( Boyle apart) by a country mile.

David Marshall for me.

LaMotta
07-08-2022, 07:51 PM
David Marshall for me.

Good point - best outfield :greengrin

Onceinawhile
07-08-2022, 08:16 PM
I genuinely thought he was quite poor. Was bullied physically for 94 minutes.

Bit of class for the goal, but was amazed he got motm.

He's here!
08-08-2022, 07:37 AM

Absolutely. Boyle, rightly, gets the headlines for the fairytale comeback goal but the pace and composure of both players to interact and execute that finale was tremendous.

Winston Ingram
08-08-2022, 07:42 AM
Genuinely thought he was absolutely awful until the 94th minute. He looked like a competition winner.

04Sauzee
08-08-2022, 07:43 AM
Genuinely thought he was absolutely awful until the 94th minute. He looked like a competition winner.

Had him down as my MOTM before they announced him.

WestStandWillie
08-08-2022, 07:43 AM
I look forward to more of him and Boyle. They’ll form a very nifty partnership

Clarence
08-08-2022, 07:45 AM
There’s was a stoppage in play not long before we scored our goal and Youan was trying to get the ball back from Gordon and Halkett and they were throwing it over his head like he was piggy in the middle giggling like a pair of plukey teenagers. Was so delighted when Yuan had the last laugh.

bingo70
08-08-2022, 07:46 AM

I don’t think he was as bad as that but I certainly wasn’t as impressed as others. Ball didn’t stick nearly as much as it should have.

I think what happened in the build up to the goal showed that he’s not a Craig Brewster type that we can use as an outlet to batter the ball up to. We need tk connect the midfield and forward areas better so there can be more link up play like we saw for the goal.

Brightside
08-08-2022, 07:47 AM

They had plenty service yesterday. the decision making by our front 3 needs to improve.

Willis1875
08-08-2022, 07:50 AM

We had 3 shots on target,2 came from him and the third was the goal set up by him.
We didn’t nearly utilise what his obvious strength is which is his pace

Brightside
08-08-2022, 07:51 AM
If some people think Youan was awful, then we are never going to make them happy.

Winston Ingram
08-08-2022, 07:56 AM
We had 3 shots on target,2 came from him and the third was the goal set up by him.
We didn’t nearly utilise what his obvious strength is which is his pace

Worked hard and obviously very quick but his touch was like a trampoline. When he was announced as MotM there was a huge chorus of laughter from those around me.

jeffers
08-08-2022, 08:01 AM
Didn’t think he was a good as others are making out, thought he was OK, but definitely see potential. Plus his pace is a huge asset.

Willis1875
08-08-2022, 08:02 AM
Worked hard and obviously very quick but his touch was like a trampoline. When he was announced as MotM there was a huge chorus of laughter from those around me.

It wasn’t great although it was in the build up to the goal,it’s obviously not the strong part of his game but I do feel if we play to his strengths and get balls in behind for him to run onto then there’s a really good player there.
The goal itself was quick dynamic football through the middle with a give and go instead of this aimless crossing from the left or right flank we seem to do all the time

hibee-boys
08-08-2022, 08:05 AM
Don’t think we played to his strengths for much of the game, too many punts up the park where he was pretty isolated, saying that LJ did mention that there was too much of that during the game so recognised it as an issue. Seemed to me that Melkerson was asked to play out wide, potentially to cover Hearts left back channel so felt more like a 4/5/1 at times leaving Youan battling for high balls. In fairness to LJ he brought Doidge on to try and provide Youan with more support so it’s encouraging to see that he’s prepared to move to plan B if needed rather than persevere with a system that’s not working.

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2022, 08:10 AM
Noticed in the first half Hearts defenders were body checking his runs off the ball and he ended up on his arse a few times with a ‘play on’ from Brother Beaton

Welcome to Scotland

Second half late on noticed he was trying something different rather than the predictable pass he was holding onto the ball and running at the Hearts defence looking for gaps to appear giving them something new to think about

Excellent assist

B.H.F.C
08-08-2022, 08:19 AM

He was involved in most of the decent things we did.

He wasn’t brilliant but he certainly didn’t look like a competition winner. He was far too isolated at times but he caused them problems in the first half.

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2022, 08:20 AM
The chest pass off the throw in to Martin and his cut back to Martin, spinning it away from the Hearts defender after he melted another Hearts defender was at a very high level of skill.

snedzuk
08-08-2022, 08:24 AM
The chest pass off the throw in to Martin and his cut back to Martin, spinning it away from the Hearts defender after he melted another Hearts defender was at a very high level of skill.

This - couldnt agree more.

LaMotta
08-08-2022, 08:28 AM

Marshall apart for his 10 seconds of double save action, there wasnt another Hibs player that stood out though. Which player being announced would have curtailed the laughter?

Billy Whizz
08-08-2022, 08:32 AM
Word on the street from the Hibs players is he’s different class in training. They can’t believe how good he is

I’d heard that too, but he needs to add physicality to his game, makes great runs but was knocked off the ball too easily at times
Early days for him though

Crunchie
08-08-2022, 08:33 AM
Marshal and Boyle will grab the headlines but I was impressed by big Elie , he’s quick , strong and has a lovely touch . Just needs a goal but he’s going to be a big player this season
From the highlights I've watched he looks the part, I'm looking forward to watching the game later today.

Stubbsy90+2
08-08-2022, 08:34 AM
Thought he was decent yesterday but there was very obvious signs he’s got the potential to be an outstanding player at this level.

supermcginn
08-08-2022, 08:46 AM
No Danger! That's easily one of the worst things I've ever read on here.

Winston Ingram
08-08-2022, 09:34 AM
Marshall apart for his 10 seconds of double save action, there wasnt another Hibs player that stood out though. Which player being announced would have curtailed the laughter?

Tbf there weren't many though i thought Cabraja, Cadden and Kenneh got pass marks

LaMotta
08-08-2022, 09:41 AM
Tbf there weren't many though i thought Cabraja, Cadden and Kenneh got pass marks

All three could have done better at their goal, and all gave the ball away too often. Think Youan caused enough trouble with running the channel to shade it. As you say though needs to work on his touch into feet, but with his pace and explosiveness over 5-10 yards he'll cause teams problems.

matty_f
08-08-2022, 09:44 AM
I think once he finds his feet in this league he’s going to tear it up. His involvement in the goal was first class, not just technically but physically and mentally - how easy would it have been for him to shoot from the right angle or fire the ball aimlessly across goal?

It’s only our second league game of the season, he only started playing first team with us last week. He’s going to get better and better.

Lee Marvin
08-08-2022, 11:20 AM

This is the worst shout I've heard here in years. Genuinely years!

hibsbollah
08-08-2022, 11:34 AM
This is the worst shout I've heard here in years. Genuinely years!

I kind of get what Winston Ingram means, even if 'awful' is way too harsh! He was up against Halkett most of the time and came off second best in almost all of those contacts. So you're watching all the 1 on 1s and thinking; hes coming off 2nd best, hes coming off second best. But he kept going, kept making the runs, used some skill, diverted play across the pitch, used the ball intelligently and when he finally got his chance to break into the box he took it. He was in a battle with one of their best players and he kept going to the end, so i'd say he deserves lots of credit. I like him a lot.

in my eyes though, one of the two goalies was MOTM.

Scouse Hibee
08-08-2022, 11:38 AM
I wasn’t that impressed overall, his touch was awful most of the time, showed glimpses of potential and of course was great for the goal. Hopefully will improve with time as he gets to grips with the game.

eastmainsmsh
08-08-2022, 11:42 AM
Reminds me a wee bit of bony that played with swansea

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2022, 11:48 AM
His movement touch and pace for the goal reminded me of his fellow Frenchman Thierry Henry

I think we could be onto a good one here once he gets up to speed

Early days

Coco Bryce
08-08-2022, 12:09 PM

:agree:

LeithMike
08-08-2022, 12:15 PM
Genuinely thought he was absolutely awful until the 94th minute. He looked like a competition winner.Replace "completely awful" with "very raw" and I am with you. He certainly lost the ball a lot and seemed to pick a lot of wrong options. Didnt look comfortable with his back to goal but loked good running with the ball in wide areas. Looks like he would be a lot better wide on the left rather than in the middle. We need Doidge to find his form and we'd have a decent front 3 with Youann, Doidge and Boyle.

In my view a fair few of our signings look pretty raw and not yet ready to be starting.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
08-08-2022, 12:26 PM
Yes, he wasn't brilliant for large chunks of the game, but I put that down to 1) being well 'managed' by experienced defenders and 2) having a lot to do when he actually had the ball under control. It's easy to say he's "awful", but I would prefer to highlight the mitigating circumstances.

I feel he's the type of player that needs to run onto the ball in space rather than trying to shield it from defenders out in the wing. His strength is obviously his pace. Our midfielders need to learn how to utilise his pace. You could see from Boyle's goal that the boy obviously has skills that we must learn to maximise.

Springbank
08-08-2022, 12:29 PM
Has a bit of the odsonne eduard about him

HendoDelivered
08-08-2022, 12:39 PM
Will be an asset for us once he settles in and gets used to it here.

supermcginn
08-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Replace "completely awful" with "very raw" and I am with you. He certainly lost the ball a lot and seemed to pick a lot of wrong options. Didnt look comfortable with his back to goal but loked good running with the ball in wide areas. Looks like he would be a lot better wide on the left rather than in the middle. We need Doidge to find his form and we'd have a decent front 3 with Youann, Doidge and Boyle.

In my view a fair few of our signings look pretty raw and not yet ready to be starting.

Doidge wont be starting for us again barring a lot of injuries and he's not cut out in the slightest for Johnsons style of play. He also cant play in a front 3 or hold the ball up.

I_Love_Latapy
08-08-2022, 01:11 PM
I kind of get what Winston Ingram means, even if 'awful' is way too harsh! He was up against Halkett most of the time and came off second best in almost all of those contacts. So you're watching all the 1 on 1s and thinking; hes coming off 2nd best, hes coming off second best. But he kept going, kept making the runs, used some skill, diverted play across the pitch, used the ball intelligently and when he finally got his chance to break into the box he took it. He was in a battle with one of their best players and he kept going to the end, so i'd say he deserves lots of credit. I like him a lot.

in my eyes though, one of the two goalies was MOTM.

agree with this. I thought he did pretty well against two strong CBs, looked strong & held them off pretty well. Far more physical presence than Melkersen which was the alternative. And drifting off into channels never did Stokes any harm. Loved his movement, good runs to near post, looking for a cute pass & turn of speed. Plenty to improve, sure, but plenty material to work with.

overdrive
08-08-2022, 02:39 PM
He makes good runs but he will need to hit the gym if he’s going play through the middle. It was like watching a pinball machine the way he was bouncing off the hearts players.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-08-2022, 01:30 PM
For most of the game I'm thinking "he deserves better than this"

Great runs, link up play at times.

Without disrespecting any of our other players, nobody else could have linked up to assist that goal so straight away we've got something a little different

Looking forward to watching him develop as he adapts to our game.

Would like us to drop Hendo in to the middle 3 and start Melkersen, Youan and Boyle on Saturday

ZitellZeTime
09-08-2022, 02:07 PM
Played great, didn't have much to feed off a lot. He did have that one good header in the first half though I think it was him anyway one of the 2 great reaction saves gordon made.

He looks like the kind of forward that could cut inside from the side an slot it in or play it through, maybe not I don't see him in training.

But with Boyle back I wonder if him and Boyle either side with Melkerson through the middle would work

HIBS NUTS
09-08-2022, 04:04 PM
He’s played 2 games, and i think he will be a great signing, pace is a massive advantage, and he’s absolutely rapid.
Any other referee, would have given him several fouls, thank goodness beaton isn’t refereeing all of our games.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-08-2022, 04:19 PM
He did have that one good header in the first half though I think it was him anyway one of the 2 great reaction saves gordon made.

That you GOC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicho87
09-08-2022, 04:37 PM
Think he looks absolutley the real deal

Strong, fast and can beat a man

Night and day

Manxhibs
09-08-2022, 04:39 PM
Looks a real find, excited to see what he can do once the team gels

cameronw-hfc
09-08-2022, 04:47 PM
The most concerning here is that some don't rate him. He looks very good considering how little game time they've had.

Callum_62
09-08-2022, 04:58 PM
Mon the transfer committee

Wilson
09-08-2022, 05:12 PM
The most concerning here is that some don't rate him. He looks very good considering how little game time they've had.

Some folks eyes are painted on.

Since452
09-08-2022, 05:12 PM
Mon the transfer committee

Ron's son out

bingo70
09-08-2022, 05:15 PM

Tbf I don’t think anybody has said that. I think some, probably including me weren’t as impressed as others by his performance on Sunday. That’s not the same thing as saying you don’t rate him.

What he did in that last minute shows he’s going to be a huge threat for us. What we saw in the 94 minutes before that was a hat he’s not a target man and we’re unlikely to get the best out of him playing it long to him on his own.

greenlex
09-08-2022, 05:17 PM
He makes good runs but he will need to hit the gym if he’s going play through the middle. It was like watching a pinball machine the way he was bouncing off the hearts players.
Halkett didn’t pinball him at the goal. Quite the opposite. I think once all the new guys get to know each other and indeed the old guys too we are going to see some exciting football. A few months down the line will make a huge difference.

Mcbizz1998
09-08-2022, 05:38 PM
Showed his quality for the goal but I must admit
If he hadn’t pulled that out the bag I’d have been questioning why we signed him. Hopefully he kicks on as he showed what he is capable of
At the end.

easty
09-08-2022, 05:40 PM
If he hadn’t pulled that out the bag I’d have been questioning why we signed him. Hopefully he kicks on as he showed what he is capable of
At the end.

You’d have been a questioning why we signed him, after 2 games…that sounds reasonable.

Manxhibs
09-08-2022, 05:50 PM
Looks a real find, excited to see what he can do once the team gels

theonlywayisup
09-08-2022, 06:11 PM
Tbf I don’t think anybody has said that. I think some, probably including me weren’t as impressed as others by his performance on Sunday. That’s not the same thing as saying you don’t rate him.

What he did in that last minute shows he’s going to be a huge threat for us. What we saw in the 94 minutes before that was a hat he’s not a target man and we’re unlikely to get the best out of him playing it long to him on his own.

Which is the point I've made earlier. I think he's best suited to accurate balls played into space and with his pace he'll, beat the last man, as he did on Sunday. If he's being played as a target man, then it's not fair on him.

What we need is a Scott Allan type player in midfield who can play the passes into space for him. I'm not convinced Newell and JDH do it often enough, but they'll learn when and where to play the passes. Wonder if Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento fancies a job in our midfield.

hibsbollah
09-08-2022, 06:29 PM
Some folks eyes are painted on.

Clause 3 again.

H18 SFR
09-08-2022, 06:34 PM
At the end.

If Boyle had screwed it wide would that have changed your view in any way?

Onion
09-08-2022, 07:12 PM
For me, most exciting prospect of all the new signings. Could be a real find by Hibs.

Mcbizz1998
09-08-2022, 07:15 PM
You’d have been a questioning why we signed him, after 2 games…that sounds reasonable.

Emm yeah? I would have been questioning to myself and maybe the mate I go to games with as to why we had signed him. I think that’s perfectly reasonable.

It’s ok to question things and it’s ok to say I was wrong when he goes on to be a top player for us.

Keepthefaith
09-08-2022, 07:38 PM
Emm yeah? I would have been questioning to myself and maybe the mate I go to games with as to why we had signed him. I think that’s perfectly reasonable.

It’s ok to question things and it’s ok to say I was wrong when he goes on to be a top player for us.

But surely the point is that 2 games isn't enough? Would you not consider that to be impatient and unrealistic for a young player just relocated to a new country let alone new team. It's what wrong with society generally, expectations of instant results and gratification.

You ever thought players might develop better if they're encouraged and given time??

Mcbizz1998
09-08-2022, 08:46 PM
But surely the point is that 2 games isn't enough? Would you not consider that to be impatient and unrealistic for a young player just relocated to a new country let alone new team. It's what wrong with society generally, expectations of instant results and gratification.

You ever thought players might develop better if they're encouraged and given time??

Yeah 2 games isn’t enough. I agree. But I can still form thoughts and start to question things before then in my own mind and with my pals. Calm down with the instant gratification chat ffs, it’s not that deep mate. [emoji23]

My point was really that I didn’t see what he did or what impact he had on the game that warrants a thread on here full of people getting excited (after 2 games btw). But his role in the goal was great and I now hope he will kick on to become a vital player. I really don’t see what’s so controversial about that.

RIP
09-08-2022, 09:26 PM
But it’s not just two games. He scored a fantastic goal in pre-season from the edge of the box. I’m looking forward to him doing the same in the SPL.

Leith Green
09-08-2022, 09:55 PM
Biggest problem that LJ has with Youans style of play and needs to suss out is how to get our better and more creative midfielders in the right areas to find youans runs. He is constantly looking to run beyond the defence and looks to plays off the shoulder . When we went long to him , he struggled to keep possession. When he has the ball played in front of him , he looks exciting.. For me , he plays of off a Doidge type of striker if we go long .. I dont see LJ setting us up to play that way , so we need to have midfielders that can play these type of passes in a more advanced role. Scott Allan in his prime would absolutely love having a forward making those runs all day long. LJ needs to sort the midfield out before we can truly judge youan imo

Nicho87
09-08-2022, 10:16 PM
Youan would benefit from a boozy / Allan type behind him who can thread a ball through on the deck. Lumping the ball 60 yards like he got for the majority of the game. When he did get in he will not be caught, one time in the first half cabraja played a delightful chip ball through. He scuffed his shot but I really think this boy has got a lot going for him.

A modern day centre forward, big, fast, tricky

Scotty Leither
09-08-2022, 10:30 PM
He's been up against two tough customers in Considine and Halkett in his first two games, and looked physically wanting a wee bit, but the laddie doesn't hide, and once he bulks up and gets used to the physical rigours of this league he could do very well for Hibernian.

His involvement for the goal from getting in front of the defender originally to chest it down, to watching the line when Boyle gave him the first pass to run at Halkett was different class.

He need look no further than Martin to see the benefits of coaching and raising his game awareness; early signs are good though.

Jonnyboy
09-08-2022, 10:32 PM
He's been up against two tough customers in Considine and Halkett in his first two games, and looked physically wanting a wee bit, but the laddie doesn't hide, and once he bulks up and gets used to the physical rigours of this league he could do very well for Hibernian.

His involvement for the goal from getting in front of the defender originally to chest it down, to watching the line when Boyle gave him the first pass to run at Halkett was different class.

He need look no further than Martin to see the benefits of coaching and raising his game awareness; early signs are good though.

hibees 7062
10-08-2022, 12:14 AM

I just watched him after the goal giving hand gestures to a hertz player . Like you’re not talking now 😆

Centre Hawf
10-08-2022, 12:38 AM
Think the guy looks a player that is just needing a little bit more service to get going on the goalscoring front. So far from the two league games I've watched he's got great pace and movement with what looks to me like a good level of technical play in his locker to link up play with teammates (see his assist for Boyle and the countless times he drops to receive the ball, holds it, and spreads it wide).

2 games is far too early to go definite one way or the other so the next 5 to 10 games will give us a better idea but I do like what i've seen. Although I'm very aware that strikers get judged on goals, especially if a team doesn't pick up points, hopefully he gets on the scoresheet Saturday before lack of scoring becomes a stick to beat him with.

LeithMike
10-08-2022, 05:25 AM

You ever thought players might develop better if they're encouraged and given time??Don't think the poster meant he would be making a final judgement after two games but that it would raise doubts in his mind. Seems reasonable to me.

Without the last minute goal these threads would be vastly different.

Overall Youan struggled a bit but he shows a lot of promise. I don't think he's ready to start as a central striker and would be far more comfortable on the left hand side.

Since452
10-08-2022, 05:28 AM
I think Scotland will be turn out to be a great move for his career. He'll bulk up and learn how to deal with the physical part of the game. Wouldn't surprise me if he got a good move to England in a couple of years time.

Unseen work
10-08-2022, 06:20 AM
I think the derby coming so early for him could be a good thing, he got battered into a couple of times which unbelievably weren’t given as fouls - I think that will toughen him up a bit and realise what Scottish defenders are like.

His touch was really poor on a couple of occasions but I’m hoping that’s just down to getting fit/sharp and adjusting to the intensity. That was only his 4th game since the start of pre season.

What gives me a lot of hope is his movement and speed, especially as there’s someone like Cabraja who can pick him and also Tavares out with balls in behind. It almost got him a goal early on and then he was unlucky with his header.

I just want us to find a way of getting our forward players on the ball a lot more whether that’s him, Tavares or Melkersen.

I think he’ll have a field day against rangers next weekend especially as he has a tendency to drift left which could work very well as tavernier vacates that position a lot.