PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gordon

Since452
06-08-2022, 10:08 AM
Hope I'm not jumping the gun here but if he's managed to bring Martin Boyle back to the club then massive, massive respect. Incredible.

BoomtownHibees
06-08-2022, 10:11 AM
Announced by Hibs

Since452
06-08-2022, 10:13 AM
He gets us

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Delivered. Plain and simple

hibee-boys
06-08-2022, 10:15 AM
Ron The Don😎

Fratelli
06-08-2022, 10:19 AM
Absolutely huge credit to Ron but as a fan-base, let’s start to acknowledge the role that Ben is playing too, as I’m sure in his role, he would have been leading the negotiations on behalf of our owner.

Well done Ron Gordon AND Ben Kensell…:flag:

hibee1875
06-08-2022, 10:24 AM
Absolutely huge credit to Ron but as a fan-base, let’s start to acknowledge the role that Ben is playing too, as I’m sure in his role, he would have been leading the negotiations on behalf of our owner.

Well done Ron Gordon AND Ben Kensell…:flag:

What about head of recruitment, Ron’s son? A

lyonhibs
06-08-2022, 10:25 AM
His commitment to the club has never been in question IMO, even before re-signing Boyle, which I'm finding absolutely mad given the probable sums involved

Frazerbob
06-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Ron the Con ponying up again!

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Always has our back

Never in doubt

Respect !

Unseen work
06-08-2022, 10:28 AM
I’ve never doubted his intentions.

Things haven’t always worked out, you’ll never get everything right.

That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the clubs best interests at heart, if anything he just expects so much more from us as a club and is trying to raise the standard.

Fratelli
06-08-2022, 10:36 AM

Of course Ian deserves credit too…but on something this complicated and important, my view is that the negotiations will have been led by Ben :aok:

Since452
06-08-2022, 10:43 AM

Absolutely deserves credit. Outstanding work by the Gordons and Kensell

Jones28
06-08-2022, 10:45 AM
Ron the Con lolololollloool

Hibs4185
06-08-2022, 10:45 AM
Take a bow Ron Gordon

Pretty Boy
06-08-2022, 10:48 AM

I'm not sure the decision to sign Martin Boyle required too much thought on the part of the recruitment team....

He, or rather the team he heads up, deserves plenty credit for some of the other business we have done this summer. Cabraja in particular looks a gem. The work required on the part of the recruitment team for Boyle would be minimal, everyone knows what he brings. This one is all whoever led the negotiations and whoever ponied up. For me that will be Ron and Ben and they deserve the credit.

BoomtownHibees
06-08-2022, 10:53 AM
Just build the Ron the Don statue now

matty_f
06-08-2022, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure the decision to sign Martin Boyle required too much thought on the part of the recruitment team....

He, or rather the team he heads up, deserves plenty credit for some of the other business we have done this summer. Cabraja in particular looks a gem. The work required on the part of the recruitment team for Boyle would be minimal, everyone knows what he brings. This one is all whoever led the negotiations and whoever ponied up. For me that will be Ron and Ben and they deserve the credit.
Ah FFS, let him have this one :greengrin

Lee Marvin
06-08-2022, 11:11 AM
Well done Ron Gordon. You have made mistakes (haven't we all..) but NOBODY can now question your intentions or commitment.

Well done sir :hibees

Nicho87
06-08-2022, 11:14 AM
Suddenly top 4 looks achievable

👍🏻

Since452
06-08-2022, 11:20 AM
The last few days have shown him in a very good light. The stadium upgrades are fantastic and the Boyle signing is huge. Like another poster just said, he's made mistakes but nobody is perfect.

MagicSwirlingShip
06-08-2022, 11:23 AM
Are we still selling season tickets?

Bridge hibs
06-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Suddenly top 4 looks achievable

👍🏻Two players short imo, possibly one if Tait gets a crack at midfield, still think we could do with a bit more experience at centre half

The Wireless
06-08-2022, 11:25 AM
Nice Birthday present Ron for supporters. Thank you. 🎂🇳🇬💚👍

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2022, 11:26 AM
Never doubted his commitment to Hibs .. after last season the only issue has been whether or not we were getting things right on the park and if our recruitment is where it needs to be, that allied to a poor campaign just past has made things between him and the fans a bit tetchy.

At a stroke he has just tipped the scales massively back in his favour .... add a centre half and a midfielder and his stock will be right up there ... at least until our next crisis :greengrin

Broxburn Greens
06-08-2022, 11:27 AM
Brilliant absolutely brilliant

Fratelli
06-08-2022, 11:28 AM

💯 agree PB

Tarrahib
06-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Two players short imo, possibly one if Tait gets a crack at midfield, still think we could do with a bit more experience at centre half
Maybe Hibs are still trying to buy more players?

Fuzzywuzzy
06-08-2022, 11:31 AM
Who's house, Ron's house

Get Run DMC playing before the game tomorrow🤣

Mark05
06-08-2022, 11:31 AM
I've always been a big fan of Ron,I know last season was a big disappointment.But I have been getting excited about this season for a couple of weeks now and what we can achieve.I spoke to a hibs fan on holiday and its fair to say he didn't share my enthusiasm I wander if he has changed his mind now well done Ron keep up the good work 👍

Bridge hibs
06-08-2022, 11:40 AM
Maybe Hibs are still trying to buy more players?I never suggested we werent, Im just saying I think we are still two short

#2 Double Tap
06-08-2022, 11:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkwuz0iXQg

can just picture ron sticking on his suit jacket, pulling up the collar, uttering "im, a bad man", then telling the boardroom, "lets roll"

Lago
06-08-2022, 11:58 AM
Hopefully this will put to bed once and for all the nonsense that Ron Gordon and the management team don't get Hibs, don't invest enough in Hibs and are only in it to enrich themselves.

RyeSloan
06-08-2022, 12:04 PM
Hopefully this will put to bed once and for all the nonsense that Ron Gordon and the management team don't get Hibs, don't invest enough in Hibs and are only in it to enrich themselves.

You would think so but a reverse tomorrow and then the pitch forks will be back out pronto from some for sure…

Some of the stuff Ron has had to face has been embarrassing. He’s boldly trying to develop an alternative vision for the club and that takes time, money and some painful mistakes along the way.

I think some people have seriously underestimated the scale of the change required and combined with the untimely interruption of Covid the sheer amount of money and effort needed to bring Hibs back to where we should be.

Time now for the team to do the talking as no doubt Ron has done a tremendous amount of work to get us to this point.

Lago
06-08-2022, 12:13 PM
You would think so but a reverse tomorrow and then the pitch forks will be back out pronto from some for sure…

Some of the stuff Ron has had to face has been embarrassing. He’s boldly trying to develop an alternative vision for the club and that takes time, money and some painful mistakes along the way.

I think some people have seriously underestimated the scale of the change required and combined with the untimely interruption of Covid the sheer amount of money and effort needed to bring Hibs back to where we should be.

Time now for the team to do the talking as no doubt Ron has done a tremendous amount of work to get us to this point.
What an excellent post, frankly some of the stuff I've seen on here and twitter have been more than embarrassing, they have been disgraceful from people that call them Hibs fans. Let's hope that LJ now gets the time to mould what looks like good individual players into a good team.

Since452
06-08-2022, 12:16 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Forza Fred
06-08-2022, 12:21 PM
In Ron We Trust!

I’ve always been supportive, but surely now he has earned everybody’s trust.

bordergreen
06-08-2022, 12:21 PM
I never suggested we werent, Im just saying I think we are still two short

I do too. I also agree Tait could fill one of them. We just need Johnson to find the right blend in the midfield.

Absolutely delighted about Boyle. Get in there Ron Gordon.

cabbageandribs1875
06-08-2022, 12:52 PM
yes, well done Ron the Don :greengrin

RIP
06-08-2022, 01:06 PM
I think that we will find that Ron’s best and most significant investment is the Development Squad. Last season we only had a first team and the U18s. This season he is financing a third squad to develop players for the future. It’s too early to predict if that investment will pay off, but nobody can be in any doubt that this is a massive change to the structure of the football operation at the club.

Bridge hibs
06-08-2022, 01:31 PM
I think that we will find that Ron’s best and most significant investment is the Development Squad. Last season we only had a first team and the U18s. This season he is financing a third squad to develop players for the future. It’s too early to predict if that investment will pay off, but nobody can be in any doubt that this is a massive change to the structure of the football operation at the club.

Thats all good but there has to be a better balance, we are not a million miles away with the first team and as Ive said on other threads we are probably still a couple light. I know there is still time but its not about numbers, its about the right player. We ****ed up the past couple of seasons by not addressing that but hopefully the eye is firmly on the ball this time, Boyle is a great start

Squealing pig
06-08-2022, 01:49 PM
🫶