PDA

View Full Version : Paul HanLAWN

Mcbizz1998
06-08-2022, 06:49 AM
Anyone noticed how LJ pronounces Paul’s name. It confuses me every time I hear it as to who he means [emoji23]

OldEast
06-08-2022, 07:01 AM
Anyone noticed how LJ pronounces Paul’s name. It confuses me every time I hear it as to who he means [emoji23]

Yes, please somebody get him told. KP, maybe have a word in his ear.

Big_Franck
06-08-2022, 07:41 AM

Yeah, I noticed that in an interview with him last week. It's not important, and it shouldn't, but it irritates me.

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2022, 07:52 AM
I thought we had signed a new player

Small point but not hard to get right

It’s Hanlon !

LewysGot2
06-08-2022, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I noticed that in an interview with him last week. It's not important, and it shouldn't, but it irritates me.

I feel your pain 😂

It's like the lassie on BbC Scotland Anne Lumsden always saying Scot-Land with the emphasis on the land. I know itsjust that regional accent and its perfectly okay but I just cannae thole it. As soon as I see she's reading the news I'm just waiting to be annoyed 😂

Big_Franck
06-08-2022, 09:26 AM
I feel your pain 😂

It's like the lassie on BbC Scotland Anne Lumsden always saying Scot-Land with the emphasis on the land. I know itsjust that regional accent and its perfectly okay but I just cannae thole it. As soon as I see she's reading the news I'm just waiting to be annoyed 😂

Haha! That annoys me as well. Someone I work with pronounces Ireland with the emphasis on land instead of pronouncing it like Irelind. Makes me want to throw my keyboard at him!

Another one is people that say mouth in names like Portsmouth or Bournemouth, rather than saying 'Portsmith' etc.

Is it a regional thing, or are they just idiots? :greengrin

Brightside
06-08-2022, 09:27 AM
I feel your pain 😂

The last thing I’m being is annoyed when she reads the news.

Mick O'Rourke
06-08-2022, 09:42 AM
Aye! Get him grassed!

Does anyone recall Mick Channon,the English striker from the 70s
He,when retired,did the pundit bit on TV.
He was from Cider Country,in Englands South West .
Some accent !
He would refer to Gary Lineker by pronouncing Gary's surname as Line Acre

Just_Jimmy
06-08-2022, 09:47 AM
Haha! That annoys me as well. Someone I work with pronounces Ireland with the emphasis on land instead of pronouncing it like Irelind. Makes me want to throw my keyboard at him!

Another one is people that say mouth in names like Portsmouth or Bournemouth, rather than saying 'Portsmith' etc.

Is it a regional thing, or are they just idiots? :greengrinNah, they're just saying it properly.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

OldEast
06-08-2022, 09:52 AM

Portsmith? Never heard that where I'm from.

SRHibs
06-08-2022, 09:53 AM
Anyone notice that the Hibs TV commentator pronounces like half the names wrong? At this point I feel like it's some kind of bit!

tamig
06-08-2022, 11:41 AM
Aye! Get him grassed!

Does anyone recall Mick Channon,the English striker from the 70s
He,when retired,did the pundit bit on TV.
He was from Cider Country,in Englands South West .
Some accent !
He would refer to Gary Lineker by pronouncing Gary's surname as Line Acre

I do recall Mick’s Line-acre pronunciation. 😀 He’s done well for himself with his horses.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2022, 11:49 AM
One of the commentators on the darts insists on pronouncing Wayne Mardle's surname as Mardell, really gets on my thrupennies!

JohnM1875
06-08-2022, 11:53 AM
I dunno why but the Hanlon pronunciation really really annoys me. Surely Paul just needs to tell him how to say it?!

KWJ
06-08-2022, 11:55 AM
The last thing I’m being is annoyed when she reads the news.

:agree:

Aye, the gaffer needs telt by the media guy.

Lago
06-08-2022, 12:22 PM

Oh oh, guess I would annoy you when it comes to Portsmouth etc 😕

06-08-2022, 12:26 PM

You'd think Lee Johnsawn would know better.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2022, 04:02 PM

Aye the boys english is ***** likes

Tommy75
06-08-2022, 06:34 PM

Never really heard anyone from Edinburgh (or anywhere for that matter) end Portsmouth or Bournemouth with 'mith'

Mcbizz1998
06-08-2022, 06:41 PM
Never really heard anyone from Edinburgh (or anywhere for that matter) end Portsmouth or Bournemouth with 'mith'

I’m now sitting saying Portsmouth and Bournemouth to myself under my breath, to hear how I would say it.

The wife is looking at me like I’m mad.

LewysGot2
06-08-2022, 07:33 PM

Probably more 'muth'

Phil MaGlass
07-08-2022, 09:17 AM
Portsmith Bournemith. Aye its mith.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-08-2022, 09:37 AM
Portsmith Bournemith. Aye its mith.

That's a myth! 😉