PDA

View Full Version : East mains

Garymcl
02-08-2022, 07:56 PM
Can anyone tell me first of all are you allowed access to watch the players train or is it private at east mains my young nephew has been asking me if he could go and watch and maybe get a couple of selfies etc I promised him a while ago if it’s possible I would take him out also we would be going to tranent by bus is it too far to walk the rest of way to EM any info would be appreciated cheers :thumbsup:

hibee
02-08-2022, 08:13 PM
Not sure if you’re allowed in nowadays but as for getting there if you can get on the 113 bus it stops right outside the entrance.

leftpeg
02-08-2022, 08:13 PM
You can get a 113 bus to the opening of east mains on the Ormiston road,it's a five minute walk from there,though doubt they would encourage people turning up at a place of work.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Capt Mainwaring
02-08-2022, 10:03 PM
I don’t honestly know the answer but I sincerely hope that you are not just allowed to wander into the complex without an invite

crieffhibee
02-08-2022, 10:09 PM
If you timed it well you could be there when players and arriving or leaving at the gates and then hope they stop for photos. As for getting access I’m almost positive you can’t.

Hulk1875
02-08-2022, 10:16 PM
me and my mate used to kick a ball outside the old west stand on Saturday mornings seeing the players go in. When it was knocked down for the mew stand we were outside on a rainy midweek night. Alex MacLeish comes out and gets us into the dugout to watch the players train, we were only about 12 year old, things like that are special to anyone

Sir David Gray
02-08-2022, 10:20 PM
You definitely won't be allowed to just wander into the training centre uninvited.

02-08-2022, 10:29 PM
Can anyone tell me first of all are you allowed access to watch the players train or is it private at east mains my young nephew has been asking me if he could go and watch and maybe get a couple of selfies etc I promised him a while ago if it’s possible I would take him out also we would be going to tranent by bus is it too far to walk the rest of way to EM any info would be appreciated cheers :thumbsup:

There was an open training session event at ER just a few months ago where the players came over to the fans aftwards for selfies. It was for Season Ticket holders and another has been promised for ST holders this season.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/new-season-ticket-holder-benefits

gbhibby
02-08-2022, 10:33 PM
Remember not not long after it was opened asking if my elderly father could visit the training ground he had links with Hibs in the sixties. Was told nobody is allowed to visit the training ground during the season and not phone back. I was disgusted with the clubs attitude at the time.

Davidhibs1875
03-08-2022, 07:19 AM
Anytime I have been down east mains walked in and over to the training pitches no bother and no one has ever said anything there is a few benches next to the first team pitch that I’ve sat on and watched them train a few times

RIP
03-08-2022, 07:33 AM
Anytime I have been down east mains walked in and over to the training pitches no bother and no one has ever said anything there is a few benches next to the first team pitch that I’ve sat on and watched them train a few times

What time of day was this mate? I’m retired and it sounds like there is zero security. Maybe organise a wee trip down with my Hearts pals to get the lowdown on tactics before the Derby

Big_Franck
03-08-2022, 07:37 AM
Remember not not long after it was opened asking if my elderly father could visit the training ground he had links with Hibs in the sixties. Was told nobody is allowed to visit the training ground during the season and not phone back. I was disgusted with the clubs attitude at the time.

The "don't phone back" line sounds harsh and unnecessary. But I can totally understand the club not wanting people to visit the training ground while the players and the staff are working. If they make an exception for one person then people will come up with 101 reasons why they should also be allowed in.

J-C
03-08-2022, 07:40 AM
Look for the bushes, that's where most go to see who's training.

Davidhibs1875
03-08-2022, 08:08 AM
What time of day was this mate? I’m retired and it sounds like there is zero security. Maybe organise a wee trip down with my Hearts pals to get the lowdown on tactics before the Derby

There is literally no security! Was about 11/12 Players normally quite welcoming if you have kids with you!