PDA

View Full Version : And Sundays Ref Is.......

Hermit Crab
02-08-2022, 03:06 PM
....Brother Beaton. We will get nothing from that incompetent joker.

H18 SFR
02-08-2022, 03:09 PM
This news is a blow in all honesty.

BlackSheep
02-08-2022, 03:12 PM
Ffs

tamig
02-08-2022, 03:14 PM
If we turn up and play it shouldn’t matter who the ref is.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2022, 03:15 PM

He won't allow any flow of football, he's whistle happy.

truehibernian
02-08-2022, 03:16 PM
Best behaviour Ryan - if you sneeze Beaton will have the cards out ready for ya.

tamig
02-08-2022, 03:18 PM
He won't allow any flow of football, he's whistle happy.

He won’t be able to do anything if we keep the ball. Just can’t be ersed with folk trying to get their excuses in before a game.

SaulGoodman
02-08-2022, 03:18 PM

In theory, but I can think of 3 goals against them off the top of my head which should’ve stood.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2022, 03:19 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-beaton-allegations-shock-former-27638682?fbclid=IwAR2DxTq_R81-RgU4Lhf5N7Nrlr3i35IAXCWx_OUU3GS3mJHsernVXSTkX1Q

Diclonius
02-08-2022, 03:21 PM
Who's the Hertz' current midfield bruiser? He'll get a free pass all game.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2022, 03:26 PM
He won’t be able to do anything if we keep the ball. Just can’t be ersed with folk trying to get their excuses in before a game.

Hows it an excuse? He's a poor ref, thats the discussion.

CapitalGreen
02-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Hows it an excuse? He's a poor ref, thats the discussion.

They are all poor, which referee would be preferable?

H18 SFR
02-08-2022, 03:34 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-beaton-allegations-shock-former-27638682?fbclid=IwAR2DxTq_R81-RgU4Lhf5N7Nrlr3i35IAXCWx_OUU3GS3mJHsernVXSTkX1Q

Hopefully he’s toast.

Sir David Gray
02-08-2022, 03:34 PM
Odds on Ryan Porteous being sent off?

Hermit Crab
02-08-2022, 03:51 PM
They are all poor, which referee would be preferable?

For Cat A games like this and OF derbies they should bring in foreign refs.

CapitalGreen
02-08-2022, 04:23 PM

Ok that’s not going to happen, which SFA ref would you be happy to see officiating on Sunday?

JimBHibees
02-08-2022, 04:25 PM
Ok that’s not going to happen, which SFA ref would you be happy to see officiating on Sunday?

Now that Madden has left struggling to think of any that are any good. Collum at a push but he is horrific also but probably for both teams. Not impressed by any of the newer ones like Robertson Anderson Napier etc

h185forever
02-08-2022, 04:27 PM
Odds on Ryan Porteous being sent off?

Rocky too ….those ****s practice diving at the slightest thing

davhibby
02-08-2022, 04:30 PM

Preferably one that isn’t holding a grudge against us for calling out his incompetence after the cup final last year.

JimBHibees
02-08-2022, 04:31 PM
Preferably one that isn’t holding a grudge against us for calling out his incompetence after the cup final last year.

Indeed

Diclonius
02-08-2022, 04:33 PM
Hibernian 0-1 Hearts

Porteous s/o 36
Bushiri s/o 78
Shankland (pen) 82

Silky
02-08-2022, 04:47 PM

Yeah, totally. That will absolutely be in his mind. He'll be hell bent on giving the little brothers everything.

Springbank
02-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Personally think he'll be fine

Play the game not the occasion

02-08-2022, 04:55 PM
Hibernian 0-1 Hearts

Porteous s/o 36
Bushiri s/o 78
Shankland (pen) 82

At least we'd only have to put up with 8 minutes of time wasting histrionics.

02-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Ah well on that note, that's me away to the bookies to pop my months wages on Porteous being sent off!

In all seriousness though, lets not get hung up on the whole old firm style "oh everybodys out to get us, its a conspiracy" rubbish. Just play the best we can and hopefully any bad refereeing won't matter on the day.

Waxy
02-08-2022, 05:24 PM
They start 1-0 up then.
When will this stop

Lago
02-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Bobbie Madden falls into that category now, he might fancy the gig.

oneone73
02-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Yeah, totally. That will absolutely be in his mind. He'll be hell bent on giving the little brothers everything.

Didn't he do the Scottish Cup semi-final after the League Cup final? Or did I imagine that?

matty_f
02-08-2022, 06:57 PM
In theory, but I can think of 3 goals against them off the top of my head which should’ve stood.

Was just about to post the same. It’s not enough to just be good enough in this fixture, in my experience.

Sir David Gray
02-08-2022, 07:23 PM
Didn't he do the Scottish Cup semi-final after the League Cup final? Or did I imagine that?

Yes he did the semi final.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2022, 10:26 PM

Collum.

WeeRussell
03-08-2022, 10:09 AM

Nah. Don’t see why we or anyone else should get preferential treatment because it’s a ‘big’ game for us.

I’m more concerned about us turning up and getting at them from the start then who the clown in the middle is. Far more important things to worry about that will actually have a significant bearing on the result.

xyz23jc
03-08-2022, 07:25 PM

For real? :rolleyes:

tamig
03-08-2022, 11:08 PM
For real? :rolleyes:

Aye.

Tambo
07-08-2022, 01:16 PM
I don't want to see this guy dressed in black again.

No doubt will be the man for the visit of the Huns.

weecounty hibby
07-08-2022, 01:19 PM
What a pathetic performance from him. That is hard to believe that he gets any top division games never mind the big ones like today!!

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Utterly awful

Same as ref last week. Bought the BS from hearts players every time they were touched. Could build no momentum

No consistency either. Pulling our players up or booking them and not even calling fouls in exact situations from hearts players

Not Beaton specific but inability to play advantage is infuriating. Stop start does not help the flow of a game

SlickShoes
07-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Shankland committed enough fouls to be sent off twice. The studs up lunge in the first half was incredible how it wasn't even a yellow, falling on and kicking rocky in the second half and he won himself a foul somehow.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2022, 01:38 PM
Useless Hun *******.

Since452
07-08-2022, 01:39 PM
He's just a ***** ref. Need VAR to bail these ***** out.

Heisenberg
07-08-2022, 01:40 PM
Hates us and has done since the league cup final when Paul McGinn had a right go at him after the game.

O'Rourke3
07-08-2022, 01:41 PM
Shankland committed enough fouls to be sent off twice. The studs up lunge in the first half was incredible how it wasn't even a yellow, falling on and kicking rocky in the second half and he won himself a foul somehow.Didn't even give a free kick

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
07-08-2022, 01:41 PM
He's shocking

LewysGot2
07-08-2022, 02:36 PM
How sadly predictable.

Hopefully the compliance officer awaits Shankland

JamesHFC
07-08-2022, 02:42 PM
Paul McGinn said it how it is last year, inept.

CL0762
07-08-2022, 02:42 PM
That was probably the worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen.

Ken the one thing that really really pisses me off, is when a player is ‘shepherding’ the ball and the defending player just falls on the ball. Riles me more than anything.

thebakerboy
07-08-2022, 02:49 PM
Noticed that he went into total brother Beaton mode when the Union Jacks appeared in the away end

plhibs
07-08-2022, 02:57 PM
He's just a ***** ref. Need VAR to bail these ***** out.

I would not hold my breath waiting for VAR making a difference, it will be the same refs in charge of that. Hope i am wrong.

percy veer
07-08-2022, 03:19 PM
I would not hold my breath waiting for VAR making a difference, it will be the same refs in charge of that. Hope i am wrong.

Var will not change any of those decisions today all outside the box, seemed to give them everything .

EdinMike
07-08-2022, 03:48 PM
That was probably the worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen.

Ken the one thing that really really pisses me off, is when a player is ‘shepherding’ the ball and the defending player just falls on the ball. Riles me more than anything.

I noticed (I think Halkett) did this in the second half, shepherd the ball, accidentally touched it and thought “oh shoot” and just fell on the ball.

Of course he won the “foul”…

Malthibby
07-08-2022, 03:50 PM
We are used to incompetence but at least those referees tend to shred's the pain; Beaton's performance is about seeing everything through red, white & blue (should be a maroon in there) blinkers.
We were pretty bad in the second half today but you can't build up a head of steam if you are being penalised all over the place while the other team gets carte blanche to do what they want.
don't know how it ever changes.

Ray Donovan
07-08-2022, 03:52 PM
Paul McGinn said it how it is last year, inept.

100% this. He's a complete clown.

gogsy23
07-08-2022, 05:11 PM
hugely inconsistent performance today, wonder how his supervisor evaluated it.

same fouls not given some had cards some didnt and generally poor. his poor performance was almost matched by ours..

Kato
07-08-2022, 05:18 PM
A walloper

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Kato
We are used to incompetence but at least those referees tend to shred's the pain; Beaton's performance is about seeing everything through red, white & blue (should be a maroon in there) blinkers.
We were pretty bad in the second half today but you can't build up a head of steam if you are being penalised all over the place while the other team gets carte blanche to do what they want.
don't know how it ever changes.Middle paragraph says it all.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
The bellends' bellend.

Pretty Boy
07-08-2022, 05:20 PM
He really is hopeless.

I've seen fans of other teams taking to Twitter to say he spoiled the game today. That's maybe a bit harsh, the dozens of avoidable mistakes and nervy, scrappy performances from both sets of players spoiled the game but he certainly didn't help.

ACLeith
07-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Became more irate as the game wore on. Watched the game back and tried to view his performance more calmly.

So my calm analysis is that there were perhaps 3 dodgy decisions that favoured us, as against 15 for them.

With an incompetent ref they would be reasonably close, so for me it's total corruption. Continuing reaction to Paul McGinn or hatred of anything green and white I can't decide.

hibsbollah
07-08-2022, 05:30 PM
Became more irate as the game wore on. Watched the game back and tried to view his performance more calmly.

So my calm analysis is that there were perhaps 3 dodgy decisions that favoured us, as against 15 for them.

With an incompetent ref they would be reasonably close, so for me it's total corruption. Continuing reaction to Paul McGinn or hatred of anything green and white I can't decide.

When you think he booked 3 of our players to 1 of theirs it just doesn't make sense. Any objective viewer will tell you that Hearts were the team interested in cheating throughout.

The Harp Awakes
07-08-2022, 05:49 PM

He's the same every time he refs one of our games. Always eager to give the opposition fouls and book Hibs players for nothing. It will go on and on unless Hibs call him out.

Boyce was at it all game. Rolling about the ground at the merest touch only to bounce up miraculously seconds later. Beaton happy to oblige booking Cabraja for nothing.

DaveF
07-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Today's ref is....a complete arse.

givescotlandfreedom
07-08-2022, 06:06 PM
Cheat

Eyrie
07-08-2022, 06:50 PM
Beaton booked Henderson for less than he ignored at Shankland's studs up lunge.

JohnM1875
07-08-2022, 07:11 PM
Cheat

I'm not usually one to buy into stuff being against us, but my god Beaton makes it hard to not buy into it. Inept is being too kind.

greenlex
07-08-2022, 07:13 PM
He's the same every time he refs one of our games. Always eager to give the opposition fouls and book Hibs players for nothing. It will go on and on unless Hibs call him out.

Boyce was at it all game. Rolling about the ground at the merest touch only to bounce up miraculously seconds later. Beaton happy to oblige booking Cabraja for nothing.
Beaton is poor of that there is no doubt but Cabrajas booking was spot on.

Gmack7
07-08-2022, 07:14 PM
Brother Beaton must be gutted after all his efforts

Leith Green
07-08-2022, 07:22 PM
It genuinely felt like he gave every decision to Hearts today. Some of the decisions were disgraceful.. One that jumps out is boyce on campbell, he didnt even award us a free kick and it was a booking all day long . Then porteous gets booked immediately after for a foul that was nowhere near as bad.

Eyrie
07-08-2022, 09:49 PM
It genuinely felt like he gave every decision to Hearts today. Some of the decisions were disgraceful.. One that jumps out is boyce on campbell, he didnt even award us a free kick and it was a booking all day long . Then porteous gets booked immediately after for a foul that was nowhere near as bad.

It was Shankland who took a heavy touch and then lunged studs first into Campbell.

matty_f
07-08-2022, 10:23 PM
Beaton is poor of that there is no doubt but Cabrajas booking was spot on.

That wasn't even a foul. (I only saw it live but it was right in front of us).

WeeRussell
07-08-2022, 10:25 PM
That wasn't even a foul. (I only saw it live but it was right in front of us).

I thought it was one or the other to be fair. Same as you I thought it looked like a good challenge when I seen it live.. but if he didn’t get the ball then can’t really complain at the booking.

Killiehibbie
07-08-2022, 10:26 PM
....Brother Beaton. We will get nothing from that incompetent joker.

How could you possibly predict that

Nicho87
07-08-2022, 10:31 PM
One that clearly gets turned on by the sound of his own whistle

easty
07-08-2022, 10:46 PM
Beaton is a useless ****. I dunno how refereeing system works but once you get to a certain level it seems you can do whatever you want

He’s ****ing hopeless,

wookie70
07-08-2022, 10:54 PM
He is the spoiler's ref. Every team that foes out to waste time and buy free kicks must love when he is announced as ref. He is the anti football champion of the officiating world and he has a major grudge against us

Mcbizz1998
07-08-2022, 10:54 PM
Said to those around me that it’s pointless even getting wound up by Beaton. The man is either a very unlucky incompetent who’s mistakes make him look like a cheat…..or a just a cheat.

Not worth getting wound up over as either way he is incapable of change.

phoenixfire
07-08-2022, 11:18 PM
Said to those around me that it’s pointless even getting wound up by Beaton. The man is either a very unlucky incompetent who’s mistakes make him look like a cheat…..or a just a cheat.

Not worth getting wound up over as either way he is incapable of change.

Think he's not incompetent . But knows what he's doing imo .how many times has he booked or sent hibs players off or made decisions against us ? Not just today mind! He's at it big time !

Stevie Reid
07-08-2022, 11:55 PM
Sportscene did a decent job of showing his incompetence/bias in the highlights tonight.

Shankland’s studs up lunge - which was easily a booking, and he didn’t even deem to be a foul - immediately followed by Porto’s challenge on Boyce on the half way line.

Porto’s was a foul, but was from the side with very little contact. The sight of Beaton sprinting into shot with the yellow already in hand made my blood boil.

Another example was Halkett blatantly shouldering Youan in the face when a high ball from Marshall was in the air. Easily a booking - not even a foul.

Later in the game, one of their players innocuously ran into Newell’s back - foul against Joe.

Beaton is either embarrassingly bad or has something against us. Probably a bit of both.

phoenixfire
08-08-2022, 12:08 AM
Sportscene did a decent job of showing his incompetence/bias in the highlights tonight.

Shankland’s studs up lunge - which was easily a booking, and he didn’t even deem to be a foul - immediately followed by Porto’s challenge on Boyce on the half way line.

Porto’s was a foul, but was from the side with very little contact. The sight of Beaton sprinting into shot with the yellow already in hand made my blood boil.

Another example was Halkett blatantly shouldering Youan in the face when a high ball from Marshall was in the air. Easily a booking - not even a foul.

Later in the game, one of their players innocuously ran into Newell’s back - foul against Joe.

Beaton is either embarrassingly bad or has something against us. Probably a bit of both.

Agree with this ! Shanklands handball missed too! Seem to remember he gave rangers last minute penalty at Easter road too ! Anyone remember that case I'm wrong? Honestly think he's at it have done for a few years now

1875Sean
08-08-2022, 12:20 PM
Not much comments on the hearts handball at the end, Boyles chance before the goal think it hits halkets hand and goes out for a corner, seen them given with VAR