PDA

View Full Version : Four years without a derby win at Easter Road

Diclonius
31-07-2022, 11:07 PM
Since the Natural Order game in 2018 where we won 2-0, our record at ER v them is as follows: 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 0-0.

If we're going to do anything notable this season, we can start by ending this streak. Even the perennial losers of the early 2010s only managed a run of three years.

phoenixfire
31-07-2022, 11:29 PM
Since the Natural Order game in 2018 where we won 2-0, our record at ER v them is as follows: 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 0-0.

If we're going to do anything notable this season, we can start by ending this streak. Even the perennial losers of the early 2010s only managed a run of three years.

No reason why we can't end this streak! Bring it on:flag:

Centre Hawf
31-07-2022, 11:31 PM

Bit of a disingenuous stat considering they spent a season in the championship so we didn't have an Easter Road derby for just shy of 2 years.

Nevertheless I agree, a victory on Sunday puts down a marker to everyone that Hibs could be a team to consider a top 3 contender. Lose, and lose comfortably, they'll all be doubling down on our bottom six placement predictions.

Sir David Gray
31-07-2022, 11:39 PM

It was almost 4 years in the early 2010s - after our win in March 2009 we didn't beat them again at Easter Road until December 2012, which was a run of 6 games without a win, one more than our current run.

wookie70
01-08-2022, 12:13 AM
Any longer and I'll need to look up the lyrics to SOL

basehibby
01-08-2022, 12:44 AM
Our historical record against them is abysmal - home and away. If Johnson can turn that trend around he'll deserve to win over our most whinging of doubters.

Gloucester Hibs
01-08-2022, 04:22 AM
Our historical record against them is abysmal - home and away. If Johnson can turn that trend around he'll deserve to win over our most whinging of doubters.

I think in my lifetime only Stubbs and McLeish have a positive derby record over the poppy thieves. Hopefully LJ can gain membership to that exclusive club

greenlad
01-08-2022, 04:41 AM
I think in my lifetime only Stubbs and McLeish have a positive derby record over the poppy thieves. Hopefully LJ can gain membership to that exclusive club

Surely Lennon too?

P8 W3 D3 L2 I think.

EDIT: No he lost a silly SC cup game there in early 2018 which evens it up

P9 W3 D3 L3

Gloucester Hibs
01-08-2022, 04:48 AM
Surely Lennon too?

P8 W3 D3 L2 I think.

EDIT: No he lost a silly SC cup game there in early 2018 which evens it up

P9 W3 D3 L3

Yep. Lennon really should’ve had a positive record over them but lost 3 out of his last 4 derbies when it all started going Pete Tong for him 🙄

Crunchie
01-08-2022, 06:13 AM

That's nothing compared to the runs in the 80's and 90s. It should have no bearing on Sundays game.

Pagan Hibernia
01-08-2022, 06:39 AM

yep it’s a crap run, and has completely undone the great work of the previous four years when we skelped them right left and centre at Easter Road and they were terrified of the place

KeithTheHibby
01-08-2022, 07:13 AM
They look suspect in the centre of defence. That has to be the target.

Keith_M
01-08-2022, 07:15 AM
I love the positivity on this forum

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 07:39 AM
It’s only been 5 games however 4 years does sound more dramatic

Brooster
01-08-2022, 07:45 AM
I'd like to know what goes through folk's minds before they post garbage like this. Most of us are delighted with a great away win on the first day but others can't be happy for too long.

Pagan Hibernia
01-08-2022, 07:46 AM
It’s only been 5 games however 4 years does sound more dramatic

“Only” 5 games?! That’s an awful run without a home derby win

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 07:49 AM
“Only” 5 games?! That’s an awful run without a home derby win

Never said it wasn’t, 2 were draws also

Tyler Durden
01-08-2022, 08:04 AM
Hearts went 4 years from May 2018 to May of this year without beating us at home aswell.

It's funny how we finished above them 4 years on the bounce but as soon as they finish above us, the media revert to the default narrative of Hearts superiority. If you look at the record over the last 10 years, it's very close in terms of points won in League derby games. They're probably marginally ahead.

Anyway we've got a great chance to get back on track with a win on Sunday. The only way we'll shut up the media and the doubters is by winning games.

B.H.F.C
01-08-2022, 08:11 AM
Time to end this run on Sunday.

I think it’s a bigger game for us. Off the back of last season and the League Cup campaign, a win could totally transform the whole attitude towards the club and really get folk behind them.

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 08:24 AM
Time to end this run on Sunday.

I think it’s a bigger game for us. Off the back of last season and the League Cup campaign, a win could totally transform the whole attitude towards the club and really get folk behind them.

I think it’s a bigger game for them, they are coming thinking they will pump us, I think we will surprise them. A draw or a Hibs win and Robbie the Jobbie is under pressure.

B.H.F.C
01-08-2022, 08:38 AM
I think it’s a bigger game for them, they are coming thinking they will pump us, I think we will surprise them. A draw or a Hibs win and Robbie the Jobbie is under pressure.

No for me. They’ve got other things on the go, Europa League playoff in a couple of weeks. Think this game is massive for us, we’ve only got the league to focus on just now and really need to take advantage of that. If a defeat puts Neilson under pressure then god knows what one would do for Johnson. Massive opportunity to win over a lot of folk and get them on side this week.

Sick of hearing how much Hearts are being talked up at the moment - really hope we turn up and beat them on Sunday.

Pagan Hibernia
01-08-2022, 08:42 AM
No for me. They’ve got other things on the go, Europa League playoff in a couple of weeks. Think this game is massive for us, we’ve only got the league to focus on just now and really need to take advantage of that. If a defeat puts Neilson under pressure then god knows what one would do for Johnson. Massive opportunity to win over a lot of folk and get them on side this week.

Sick of hearing how much Hearts are being talked up at the moment - really hope we turn up and beat them on Sunday.

I think they’re ridiculously overrated. And so lucky not to get beat at home by County on Saturday

Stubbsy90+2
01-08-2022, 09:08 AM

Not a chance is he under pressure if we win.

H18 SFR
01-08-2022, 09:10 AM
Bring on Sunday, I have no fear at all.

Stokesy's on fire
01-08-2022, 09:13 AM
Neil Lennon and Stubbs dominated this fixture by installing real desire and hunger we miss that mentality loads in all games not just the ED.

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 09:56 AM
Not a chance is he under pressure if we win.

100% he is. They live to beat us, it defines their season. Trust me, the fans will turn on him if they lose on Sunday.

They will have that wee plane ready with a banner.

SlickShoes
01-08-2022, 10:02 AM
Neil Lennon and Stubbs dominated this fixture by installing real desire and hunger we miss that mentality loads in all games not just the ED.

And yet Lennon's record in it is OK at best.

I'll honestly be happy if we just play well, I'm sick of watching us in derbies create nothing and do nothing; just play well, please.

Diclonius
01-08-2022, 10:12 AM

It should always be a bigger game for Hibs. That's how you win.

Hibee Daft
01-08-2022, 10:22 AM
I think Hearts fans will be in for a shock this season.

Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United all had terrible seasons last season.

Wouldnt surprise me if Hearts finish 6th or lower. They were lucky Ross County never pumped them

Their manager struggles with big games aswell so wont be long until they are flying planes again.

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 10:53 AM
It should always be a bigger game for Hibs. That's how you win.

Ok, a more significant game for them if they lose. Of course it’s a big game for us.

Stubbsy90+2
01-08-2022, 11:01 AM
Ok, a more significant game for them if they lose. Of course it’s a big game for us.

I’m not sure if this is some attempt to create some sort of mentality among the fans but it’s a much bigger game for us if we lose.

Robbie Neilson has played 5, won 3, drawn 2 in derbies since coming back with two of the wins being at Hampden in Scottish Cup semi finals. He’s won the championship at a canter, finished 3rd place and qualified for group stage in Europe, also at a canter. He’ll be absolutely fine if he loses an away derby. It’ll be a much worse result for us and our manager if we get beat after we’ve already had our league cup disaster than it will be for them and Robbie Neilson.

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 11:06 AM
I’m not sure if this is some attempt to create some sort of mentality among the fans but it’s a much bigger game for us if we lose.

Robbie Neilson has played 5, won 3, drawn 2 in derbies since coming back with two of the wins being at Hampden in Scottish Cup semi finals. He’s won the championship at a canter, finished 3rd place and qualified for group stage in Europe, also at a canter. He’ll be absolutely fine if he loses an away derby. It’ll be a much worse result for us and our manager if we get beat than it will be for them and Robbie Neilson.

It’s not trying to create anything.

Getting beat on Sunday will harm them more than us with the current situation of both clubs.

It’s LJ 2nd league game and the team are still needing to gel. He has some time in the bank as it were, Neilson does not when it comes to derby defeats. Some of their fans have never forgiven him for 2016 and didn’t want him back second time around. They think they are much much better than us and defeat will send their wee brains into meltdown.

Every jambo I know will be gunning for him if we beat them and fine you know it.

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 11:11 AM

Wouldnt surprise me if Hearts finish 6th or lower. They were lucky Ross County never pumped them

Their manager struggles with big games aswell so wont be long until they are flying planes again.

We do this year on year, We underestimate the yams. We struggled against a poor St Johnstone side, They struggled against a Ross County side that look decent and are gonna be pushing us for 5th-6th. They beat us because they have the mentality to dig out results, how many times have we been pummelled the by a "lesser" team and came out on top? We need to accept that we're not that good get behind the team and hope we can do what Hearts do and win ugly. **** the flair football or tikka tikka pish put the ball in the net.

Tyler Durden
01-08-2022, 11:14 AM

Getting beat on Sunday will harm them more than us with the current situation of both clubs.

It’s LJ 2nd league game and the team are still needing to gel. He has some time in the bank as it were, Neilson does not when it comes to derby defeats. Some of their fans have never forgiven him for 2016 and didn’t want him back second time around. They think they are much much better than us and defeat will send their wee brains into meltdown.

Every jambo I know will be gunning for him if we beat them and fine you know it.

You've given your rationale but I don't think you'll find many people on either side, agreeing with that sentence in bold.

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 11:18 AM
You've given your rationale but I don't think you'll find many people on either side, agreeing with that sentence in bold.

A loss for us next week will put more pressure onto LJ, getting put out the league Cup in the group we were in was an embarrassment. Lose a Derby and a few more loses in the next 6-8 games could mean a sacking. For them it will be sore but they will still find a way to laugh at us.

Gordy M
01-08-2022, 11:21 AM
We do this year on year, We underestimate the yams. We struggled against a poor St Johnstone side, They struggled against a Ross County side that look decent and are gonna be pushing us for 5th-6th. They beat us because they have the mentality to dig out results, how many times have we been pummelled the by a "lesser" team and came out on top? We need to accept that we're not that good get behind the team and hope we can do what Hearts do and win ugly. **** the flair football or tikka tikka pish put the ball in the net.

Yep we do this every year with good reason...last season was the first time in how many years they have finished above us?? We had a pretty terrible season and they won something like 5 more games than us, cant remember the exact amount.....they are not that great tbh.

Stuart93
01-08-2022, 11:22 AM
A loss for us next week will put more pressure onto LJ, getting put out the league Cup in the group we were in was an embarrassment. Lose a Derby and a few more loses in the next 6-8 games could mean a sacking. For them it will be sore but they will still find a way to laugh at us.

Beating them will certainly knock them down a peg or two. Cant say I agree that many of them will be laughing at us if they win.

They’re the best thing since sliced bread after having one good season.

Stubbsy90+2
01-08-2022, 11:25 AM

Can’t agree with any of that.

The current situation at Hearts is a club who are still in both cups, will be in Europe until Christmas, haven’t lost in the last 5 derbies, have beat us at Hampden twice in that run and were the best or the rest by a mile last season.

The current situation at Hibs is a side who finished 8th last season, have since appointed a new manager and then got knocked out the cup in a group with 3 lower league teams.

A home derby defeat for Hibs after all of the above that the fans have had to deal with is a hell of a lot more damaging than an away derby defeat is for Hearts.

SlickShoes
01-08-2022, 11:27 AM

So when they beat a lesser team they dig out a result, but when we do, it's a struggle?

SlickShoes
01-08-2022, 11:30 AM

No chance of him being sacked having lost 4 out of the opening 8 games, hibs have nothing at all to gain from sacking another manager, LJ has time and will get a whole season unless we are bottom or second bottom after christmas.

Libby Hibby
Can’t agree with any of that.

Not even the bit about it being LJ’s 2nd league game?

Gorgiehibee
Yep we do this every year with good reason...last season was the first time in how many years they have finished above us?? We had a pretty terrible season and they won something like 5 more games than us, cant remember the exact amount.....they are not that great tbh.

That's what I'm saying they aren't that great but they get results. Like Livi and Ross County they play to their strengths. I still think we're behind Hearts Aberdeen and Utd. We're competing for 6th this season we're still a few quality players away from competing for 3rd. I think Utd have made the best signing out of anyone with that leviett. That's the type of player we're crying out for.

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 11:33 AM
So when they beat a lesser team they dig out a result, but when we do, it's a struggle?

Are you saying it wasn't a struggle? I was responding to the post that made out hearts are pish because they struggled to be a decent County side while we are good because we struggled to beat a **** St Johnstone side. See what I'm saying?

Stubbsy90+2
01-08-2022, 11:35 AM
Not even the bit about it being LJ’s 2nd league game?

That’s a fact, it’s not something to agree or disagree with.

Short of winning a cup, Robbie Neilson has done absolutely everything Hearts fans could have dreamt of since coming in. Unbeaten in 5 derbies, beating us at Hampden twice, beating us to seal 3rd place before the split even came round, cementing bottom 6 for us with that same victory, beating us at Hampden the next weekend, group stage in Europe, wins against the Old Firm.

We had a disastrous league campaign last season and a disastrous League Cup campaign a few weeks ago. A home derby defeat would be damaging for Hibs after that. Losing a derby away from home when you’ve accomplished all that Neilson has in the last two seasons isn’t going to be nearly as damaging. You’ve said that the Hearts fans will have the knives out etc if they lose as if they’re not behind him yet they have sold a huge amount of season tickets. That would suggest that it’s simply not the case. If hearts lose next week Neilson will be just fine.

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 11:38 AM
Beating them will certainly knock them down a peg or two. Cant say I agree that many of them will be laughing at us if they win.

They’re the best thing since sliced bread after having one good season.

We have Livi away the week after, what do you think the chances of us winning 2 tough games in a row are? Hearts are pish but we're in worse shape than them. I'm on a few fb groups and they are comparing us to them under Potter with the poor results and strange transfers.

flash
01-08-2022, 11:46 AM
We have Livi away the week after, what do you think the chances of us winning 2 tough games in a row are? Hearts are pish but we're in worse shape than them. I'm on a few fb groups and they are comparing us to them under Potter with the poor results and strange transfers.

6 posts all negative. Gorgie in the username. Surely even a puddle drinker wouldn't be so obvious......

Sir David Gray
01-08-2022, 11:47 AM
Hearts went 4 years from May 2018 to May of this year without beating us at home aswell.

It's funny how we finished above them 4 years on the bounce but as soon as they finish above us, the media revert to the default narrative of Hearts superiority. If you look at the record over the last 10 years, 20 years it's very close in terms of points won in League derby games. They're probably marginally ahead.

Anyway we've got a great chance to get back on track with a win on Sunday. The only way we'll shut up the media and the doubters is by winning games.

In the last 20 years the record is;

Hibs - 18
Hearts - 33
Draw - 23

Pagan Hibernia
01-08-2022, 11:49 AM

I wouldn’t actually disagree with that. I’ve said before that Hibs today are where hearts were circa 2017.

However, they’re not as good today as we were in 2017 and even Levein managed to nick a derby win or two against us as bad as they were at that time.

it will be tight on Sunday and I think we might shade it if we put the work in. Admittedly that’s a big if.

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 11:50 AM
That’s a fact, it’s not something to agree or disagree with.

Short of winning a cup, Robbie Neilson has done absolutely everything Hearts fans could have dreamt of since coming in. Unbeaten in 5 derbies, beating us at Hampden twice, beating us to seal 3rd place before the split even came round, cementing bottom 6 for us with that same victory, beating us at Hampden the next weekend, group stage in Europe, wins against the Old Firm.

We had a disastrous league campaign last season and a disastrous League Cup campaign a few weeks ago. A home derby defeat would be damaging for Hibs after that. Losing a derby away from home when you’ve accomplished all that Neilson has in the last two seasons isn’t going to be nearly as damaging. You’ve said that the Hearts fans will have the knives out etc if they lose as if they’re not behind him yet they have sold a huge amount of season tickets. That would suggest that it’s simply not the case. If hearts lose next week Neilson will be just fine.

Hopefully they do so we can find out.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2022, 11:50 AM
This game may come too soon in terms of the team gelling together and really knowing how each other plays.

We've had some horrendous luck in derbies over the years, two clear goals not given and a shocker of an offside decision at Tynecastle, injuries, suspensions as well. The Hibs teams of the early 2010s were just not good enough and full of rubbish and not comparable to our present team.

This Sunday is a bit of a free hit, they're expecting a win and rightly so given our poor league cup performances. Theres no reason why we can't go out there and give them a game though. Neither LJ or RN will be under pressure if either team lose on Sunday, its far too early in the season for that nonsense.

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 12:03 PM
6 posts all negative. Gorgie in the username. Surely even a puddle drinker wouldn't be so obvious......

I live in Gorgie, My flat is nice and was within my budget, apart from Tynecastle I like living here, Is that OK?

Also my posts aren't negative they are me keeping my expectations from this hibs team realistic. Until they prove otherwise 6th and maybe 2 points from derby's is what I expect this season.

Stuart93
01-08-2022, 12:07 PM
I live in Gorgie, My flat is nice and was within my budget, apart from Tynecastle I like living here, Is that OK?

Also my posts aren't negative they are me keeping my expectations from this hibs team realistic. Until they prove otherwise 6th and maybe 2 points from derby's is what I expect this season.

A hibs fan would never say they like living in Gorgie

Boooooo

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 12:07 PM
This game may come too soon in terms of the team gelling together and really knowing how each other plays.

We've had some horrendous luck in derbies over the years, two clear goals not given and a shocker of an offside decision at Tynecastle, injuries, suspensions as well. The Hibs teams of the early 2010s were just not good enough and full of rubbish and not comparable to our present team.

This Sunday is a bit of a free hit, they're expecting a win and rightly so given our poor league cup performances. Theres no reason why we can't go out there and give them a game though. Neither LJ or RN will be under pressure if either team lose on Sunday, its far too early in the season for that nonsense.

The free hit mentality is wrong it's a Derby, we need to fight for 90mins. You don't see any other team in the world would tell a rival its a free hit were no bothered. Derby day is when you find out what your team is capable of. LJ will be under pressure if we lose or go out with a whimper.

MWHIBBIES
01-08-2022, 12:09 PM
Far bigger game for us. Not even close really. Desperately need to win or many will be on Johnson's back. Saturdays win will quickly become a fluke and lucky and he'll be getting hounded

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 12:10 PM
A hibs fan would never say they like living in Gorgie

Boooooo

10mins walk to haymarket Station, a bus every 3seconds up town, a bus home after the pub every 3seconds a decent chippy. Honestly it's no as bad as you think. It does get smelly when they are at home but you hardly hear a thing.

SlickShoes
01-08-2022, 12:16 PM
Far bigger game for us. Not even close really. Desperately need to win or many will be on Johnson's back. Saturdays win will quickly become a fluke and lucky and he'll be getting hounded

The people that would be on his back for losing the second game of his first season are already on his back.

I don’t think it makes any difference there, anyway it’s a big game for us, they have other stuff they can use to distract from a loss right now we need to win or at least draw and play well.

CL0762
01-08-2022, 12:18 PM

Lennon dominated by winning 3 out of 9.

Diclonius
01-08-2022, 12:18 PM

Hibs - 18
Hearts - 33
Draw - 23

Yeah but apart from that it's pretty close.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2022, 12:19 PM
The free hit mentality is wrong it's a Derby, we need to fight for 90mins. You don't see any other team in the world would tell a rival its a free hit were no bothered. Derby day is when you find out what your team is capable of. LJ will be under pressure if we lose or go out with a whimper.

It is a free hit though, Hearts fans are expecting a resounding victory like they always do, although they rarely get high scoring victory vs us. The pressure is on them imo.

I think its ridiculous to suggest LJ will be under pressure after only league 2 matches. We are already vastly improved on the rubbish we watched under Maloney. We not Barcelona or Man City, instant success isn't going to happen with Hibs, we are still a centre half short and I think we are missing a hard tackling midfielder as well. The team needs time to gel and until it does we are going to lose games and not play as well as we could in games.

CL0762
01-08-2022, 12:22 PM

Hibs - 18
Hearts - 33
Draw - 23

That is absolutely ****ing brutal reading.

18 wins out of a possible 74 is honking.

gbhibby
01-08-2022, 12:23 PM
Never been bothered about what happened in the past it's the next game that counts.

Hibernian Verse
01-08-2022, 12:24 PM
Lennon dominated by winning 3 out of 9.

I thought we'd seen the last of Lennon's time at Hibs being re-written when we appointed LJ but here we are just a couple of months later lauding his incredible derby record because he instilled fight in the team.

chrisski33
01-08-2022, 12:24 PM

Its a big game for both teams to be fair. Their mentality against us shows that this game is big and their record against us is better slightly. We need to big this game up. Despite only second game of league losing this game will damage us more than them. I cant bear the thought of losing to "them"!

Diclonius
01-08-2022, 12:33 PM
I thought we'd seen the last of Lennon's time at Hibs being re-written when we appointed LJ but here we are just a couple of months later lauding his incredible derby record because he instilled fight in the team.

The 2-1 capitulation at Tynecastle and the 0-1 at ER are up there with some of the worst derby performances I've seen.

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 12:34 PM
It is a free hit though, Hearts fans are expecting a resounding victory like they always do, although they rarely get high scoring victory vs us. The pressure is on them imo.

I think its ridiculous to suggest LJ will be under pressure after only league 2 matches. We are already vastly improved on the rubbish we watched under Maloney. We not Barcelona or Man City, instant success isn't going to happen with Hibs, we are still a centre half short and I think we are missing a hard tackling midfielder as well. The team needs time to gel and until it does we are going to lose games and not play as well as we could in games.

So you think it's acceptable for us to get knocked out the league cup? It was laughable how that happened aswell, We should have got through points deduction or not. Our signings are raw at best right now and minus Marshall aren't the standard we need. We should concentrate on securing 3rd and having a strong core before we piss about with trying to develop cheap players into millions.

Tyler Durden
01-08-2022, 12:42 PM

Hibs - 18
Hearts - 33
Draw - 23

Ok so looked back and over the 10 years it's 13 for Hearts to Hibs 10. So tbf they are a bit better than marginally ahead on wins there but hardly dominant.

20 years... I must have subconsciously blocked the 2009-2012 period from my mind :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
01-08-2022, 12:46 PM
So you think it's acceptable for us to get knocked out the league cup? It was laughable how that happened aswell, We should have got through points deduction or not. Our signings are raw at best right now and minus Marshall aren't the standard we need. We should concentrate on securing 3rd and having a strong core before we piss about with trying to develop cheap players into millions.

Where did I say that? :confused:

3rd is a big ask with Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts all improving their squads over the summer. Top 6 and Europa conference spot for me.

RIP
01-08-2022, 12:56 PM
I'd like to know what goes through folk's minds before they post garbage like this. Most of us are delighted with a great away win on the first day but others can't be happy for too long.

The undercover Jambos and Trolls literally couldn’t wait for our final whistle on Saturday before posting negative posts about the St J result and the Derby. It’s as predictable as it is pathetic.

Neither our supporters nor our players will show any fear stepping out on that field on Sunday. Win, lose or draw we will always be up for beating those tramps.

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 01:09 PM
The undercover Jambos and Trolls literally couldn’t wait for our final whistle on Saturday before posting negative posts about the St J result and the Derby. It’s as predictable as it is pathetic.

Neither our supporters nor our players will show any fear stepping out on that field on Sunday. Win, lose or draw we will always be up for beating those tramps.

Your last paragraph should be the hibs.net motto

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 01:15 PM
Where did I say that? :confused:

3rd is a big ask with Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts all improving their squads over the summer. Top 6 and Europa conference spot for me.

OK so if Hearts were better than us and have improved on last year and they are resoundingly called ***** on here what does that make us? We're pulling in hefty transfer fees and look who we've brought in. Calling them raw is being kind not 1 of our signings would get a start from any other top 6 team.

Libby Hibby
01-08-2022, 01:18 PM
OK so if Hearts were better than us and have improved on last year and they are resoundingly called ***** on here what does that make us? We're pulling in hefty transfer fees and look who we've brought in. Calling them raw is being kind not 1 of our signings would get a start from any other top 6 team.

Nonsense. You’re not even trying hard to hide your allegiances.

Ringothedog
01-08-2022, 01:18 PM

Slow day on Kickback?

Gorgiehibee
01-08-2022, 01:20 PM
Nonsense. You’re not even trying hard to hide your allegiances.

I know I'm making it clear I want hibs to be 3rd win derby's and sort our transfer policy because we're on a scattergun approach just now it its going to end in tears.

Also what part is nonsense?

Hibernian Verse
01-08-2022, 01:37 PM

That Marshall is raw indeed. So is Saturday's Man of the Match Cabraja.

Tyler Durden
01-08-2022, 02:10 PM
ok so if hearts were better than us and have improved on last year and they are resoundingly called ***** on here what does that make us? We're pulling in hefty transfer fees and look who we've brought in. Calling them raw is being kind not 1 of our signings would get a start from any other top 6 team.

ltyf

flash
01-08-2022, 02:15 PM

Marvellous.

RIP
01-08-2022, 02:26 PM
Most Hibs supporters would struggle to pull off Derby statistics. Yam trolls have them at their fingertips.

Instead of wasting time arguing with Kickback interlopers, let’s put the **** into them at Easter Road. This is a brand new team we have this season yet we gave them great backing on Saturday in Perth.

Let’s show these players what our club can do when we back the team 100% for 90 minutes. They may have a more settled team, but we can still outfight them.

Time for Heroes.

CL0762
01-08-2022, 02:46 PM

Exactly. The 2-1 game was absolutely embarrassing. We were absolutely flying going into that game & for some reason he changed the team and system and we absolutely chucked it. Would’ve still been in with an outside shout of 2nd if we’d won that.

basehibby
01-08-2022, 02:54 PM

Pure undiluted drivel

HibbyAndy
01-08-2022, 03:03 PM

Ack we have won the league cup quite a few times in my lifetime that will dae me :cb:cb Dinnae forget winning the Scottish tae and ending 99.9% of hearts song book that will dae me tae :cb:cb

Sir David Gray
01-08-2022, 03:57 PM
Yeah but apart from that it's pretty close.

The last 10 years makes for slightly better reading;

Hibs - 10
Hearts - 13
Draw - 12

HibbyAndy
01-08-2022, 04:44 PM

Hibs - 10
Hearts - 13
Draw - 12

Dinnae forget Oli shaw goal clearly over the line at Tiny we should have won , And Griffiths goal at ER which was over the line by about 3 feet ! ! They really have been spawny jammy bassas over the years

Pagan Hibernia
01-08-2022, 07:15 PM
Dinnae forget Oli shaw goal clearly over the line at Tiny we should have won , And Griffiths goal at ER which was over the line by about 3 feet ! ! They really have been spawny jammy bassas over the years

and what’s his name equalising from about 10 miles out after about half an hour of injury time when we had battered them for the whole match… if he tried that shot another 10,000 times it wouldn’t have gone in.

we’ve had rotten luck in some derbys and we’ve been pure pish in others

i think we’ll win on Sunday.

HibbyAndy
01-08-2022, 07:21 PM
and what’s his name equalising from about 10 miles out after about half an hour of injury time when we had battered them for the whole match… if he tried that shot another 10,000 times it wouldn’t have gone in.

we’ve had rotten luck in some derbys and we’ve been pure pish in others

i think we’ll win on Sunday.

:agree:

Ozturk ? Wonder strike after we battered them the entire match !

I agree , I think we will win on Sunday

eastterrace
01-08-2022, 07:34 PM

I agree , I think we will win on Sundayoxley should have tipped that over as it was straight down his throat useless twat.

01-08-2022, 07:37 PM

Hibs - 10
Hearts - 13
Draw - 12

It should be taken from the post-Romanov era onwards, when they switched from relying on money stolen from charities etc to when they became a pseudo charity and began relying on donations from benefactors and fans instead. So roughly about 8 years ago, I think.

Diclonius
01-08-2022, 07:39 PM

I agree , I think we will win on Sunday

There's also the most one-sided Hibs performance in a derby this century (yes, even you 6-2) in the LC under Collins which we won by the emphatic scoreline of... 1-0.

In my 17 years of supporting Hibs I've never seen us properly batter them. Humiliate them in the same way I've seen them do us. We briefly threatened to when we went 3 up in the SC replay under Lennon but that's it. I'd like to see it happen one day. Just once. Please.

Eyrie
01-08-2022, 07:42 PM
oxley should have tipped that over as it was straight down his throat useless twat.

If the hoof from halfway had been a couple of inches lower, he would have done so. And if it had been a couple of inches higher it would have hit the bar.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2022, 07:59 PM
oxley should have tipped that over as it was straight down his throat useless twat.

I remember saying that at the time, he was 100% to blame for that going in. He seen it from miles out but was 2 yds off his line, all he had to do put 2 hands up and palm it over the bar. Terrible goalkeeping.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2022, 08:28 PM
It should be taken from the post-Romanov era onwards, when they switched from relying on money stolen from charities etc to when they became a pseudo charity and began relying on donations from benefactors and fans instead. So roughly about 8 years ago, I think.

Season 13-14 was their first season without Romanov.

Since then the record is;

Hibs - 8
Hearts - 13
Draw - 9

The_Sauz
01-08-2022, 08:31 PM
Ack we have won the league cup quite a few times in my lifetime that will dae me :cb:cb Dinnae forget winning the Scottish tae and ending 99.9% of hearts song book that will dae me tae :cb:cb
WTF.....I thought that was just a myth :shocked::panic:

:greengrin

01-08-2022, 08:42 PM
Imperative that we score the 1st goal because if they score 1st those cry babies will instantly be falling about "injured" like in the cup semi, even if there's 89 minutes left.

RIP
02-08-2022, 07:08 AM
There's also the most one-sided Hibs performance in a derby this century (yes, even you 6-2) in the LC under Collins which we won by the emphatic scoreline of... 1-0.

In my 17 years of supporting Hibs I've never seen us properly batter them. Humiliate them in the same way I've seen them do us. We briefly threatened to when we went 3 up in the SC replay under Lennon but that's it. I'd like to see it happen one day. Just once. Please.

I’ve never pissed my pants at a Hearts win. 2012 was a freak result due to a penalty that wasn’t, a sending off and 10 v 11. We got beat, fair do’s, but it’s only Yam fuds that would have you believe that we hid under our beds for weeks.

CL0762
02-08-2022, 08:50 AM
I’ve never pissed my pants at a Hearts win. 2012 was a freak result due to a penalty that wasn’t, a sending off and 10 v 11. We got beat, fair do’s, but it’s only Yam fuds that would have you believe that we hid under our beds for weeks.

Yep. As soon as the game finished, I was over it. Weirdly, I knew we were up against it with that absolute shambles of a side we had.

Even ended up out with a few of them after the game.

Whereas on our day in 2016 they were quiet for a very very long time.

loanheadhibby
02-08-2022, 09:18 PM

You are deluded.
They will probably finish 3rd.

john rossi
02-08-2022, 09:56 PM
With regard to Sundays derby Hibs have no recognised striker and really struggle to score goals, Hearts have bought Shankland proven striker, unless the rumours are correct and we bring back Martin Boyle in time for the derby then a draw would the best we can expect.

Libby Hibby
02-08-2022, 10:10 PM
With regard to Sundays derby Hibs have no recognised striker and really struggle to score goals, Hearts have bought Shankland proven striker, unless the rumours are correct and we bring back Martin Boyle in time for the derby then a draw would the best we can expect.

Do we now, do they now, is it now?…interesting

john rossi
02-08-2022, 10:11 PM

02-08-2022, 10:19 PM

https://youtu.be/aB2yqeD0Nus

matty_f
03-08-2022, 06:34 AM

No recognised striker??

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2022, 06:47 AM

So who are Youan, Melkerson and Doidge- the latter has scored way more premiership goals than Shankland

RIP
03-08-2022, 07:22 AM

So John, can you please respond to Libby Hibby? - what team do you support?

Hibs supporters always say WE when describing our club. It’s only journos and fans of other clubs that would say ‘Hibs have no recognised striker’.

Mon Dieu4
03-08-2022, 07:42 AM
So who are Youan, Melkerson and Doidge- the latter has scored way more premiership goals than Shankland

Doidge has more premiership goals than the entire starting 11 they played at the weekend, not too bad since he's not a recognised striker

B.H.F.C
03-08-2022, 08:10 AM
Doidge has more premiership goals than the entire starting 11 they played at the weekend, not too bad since he's not a recognised striker

I think I get what the other poster is getting at but it’s just been worded poorly.

Doidge does have goals in the past and he’s certainly a recognised striker. There isn’t much sign of goals currently though and the attacking players haven’t really contributed much (with the exception of the Clyde game). Goals are definitely an issue for us and we need the attacking players to start scoring (hopefully Youan being available now will see that start to change).