PDA

View Full Version : Team v Them

Unseen work
30-07-2022, 10:29 PM
Let’s get right into it, who is staring for you next Sunday against Hearts?

……………………Marshall………..

Cadden….Rocky…..Porteous…Cabraja….

…………JDH……Kenneh….Newell….

Melkersen……………………………Henderson….

………………………Youan………

Thought it was noticeable today that there was a slight tweak with our formation being a flat midfield 3 instead of one being behind the striker. Kenneh sat then Henderson and Newell either side broke forward well.

Only change for me is JDH in for Tavares. Imo Tavares looked a bit off the pace and I’m not sure he’d be ready for such a physical and intense game as Hearts.

Think the front 3 could cause issues, Henderson drifting in and Youans pace and movement could be an issue.

BlackSheep
30-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Think you’re in for some stick for putting JDH and Newell in together…. It’s a hot topic in regard to them playing along side one another.

Unseen work
30-07-2022, 10:45 PM
Think you’re in for some stick for putting JDH and Newell in together…. It’s a hot topic in regard to them playing along side one another.

It’s ok I’ve not put in the goalscoring midfielder that is Campbell to complete some peoples iconic trio 😅

BlackSheep
30-07-2022, 10:51 PM
Right now I’d put Delfierre or Tait in front of JDH, just down to match fitness.

Callum_62
30-07-2022, 11:08 PM
Right now I’d put Delfierre or Tait in front of JDH, just down to match fitness.Taits got a concussion I hear [emoji6][emoji848][emoji23]

Regardless JDH will defo be infront of both

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

NC1875
30-07-2022, 11:09 PM
Newell and JDH. Aye ok then 👍🏼

Vault Boy
30-07-2022, 11:24 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Cabraja

Henderson
Kenneh
Newell

Youan
Doidge
Melkersen

Keepthefaith
30-07-2022, 11:24 PM
Until the sending off, Newell also played superbly against them in the semi, or have folk forgotten that too? 🤔

Sgt. Hartman
30-07-2022, 11:29 PM
Doubt LJ would do it but I’d bring delferierre in for Tavares and move Henderson to the left

JJP
30-07-2022, 11:33 PM
Same starting 11 as today please.

Libby Hibby
31-07-2022, 06:30 AM
Same team as yesterday but I’d maybe consider swapping Jair for Mitchel.

.Sean.
31-07-2022, 06:35 AM
I think he’ll start Mitchell

Since452
31-07-2022, 06:44 AM
Mitchell looked more of an accomplished player than Tavares when he came on. Taverez still raw so understandable. Think Tavares will be a better impact sub for the time being.

JammyDoidger
31-07-2022, 07:07 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Rocky
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell

Melkersen
Henderson
Youan

Doidge

Sir David Gray
31-07-2022, 07:16 AM
Assuming Cabraja and Bushiri don't get cited by the Compliance Officer tomorrow morning I would go with;

Marshall

Cabraja
Bushiri
Porteous
Cadden

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
Mitchell

Melkersen
Youan

If they are cited then I have no idea who we'll play at the back.

Allant1981
31-07-2022, 07:24 AM
Id possibly swap youan for doidge, and tavares for mitchell, apart from that same as yesterday

flash
31-07-2022, 07:27 AM
Assuming Cabraja and Bushiri don't get cited by the Compliance Officer tomorrow morning I would go with;

Marshall

Cabraja
Bushiri
Porteous
Cadden

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson
Mitchell

Melkersen
Youan

If they are cited then I have no idea who we'll play at the back.

I think the whole team will get banned after somebody films them doing a naked conga down Perth High Street.

makaveli1875
31-07-2022, 07:28 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Mitchell
JDH
Kenneh
Hendo

Youan
Melky

flash
31-07-2022, 07:57 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Newall
Kenneh
JDH

Henderson

Doidge
Youan.

Greenbeard
31-07-2022, 08:25 AM
Taits got a concussion I hear [emoji6][emoji848][emoji23]

Regardless JDH will defo be infront of both

That'll be from his fight with Nisbet aye? Nisbet must have some voice on him. Never known words shouted from several yards to cause a concussion.

Tambo
31-07-2022, 11:27 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

Melkersen
Youan
Jair

yerauldda
31-07-2022, 11:30 AM
Hopefully Cadden is fit.

Only change I’d make is Mitchell in for Jair from yesterday.

Slightly worried about Shanklands movement around Rocky and Porteous. On the other hand I fancy Youan to exploit gaps in behind Sibbick especially.

makaveli1875
31-07-2022, 11:37 AM
That'll be from his fight with Nisbet aye? Nisbet must have some voice on him. Never known words shouted from several yards to cause a concussion.

I’m sure Alex Ferguson managed it a few times

B.H.F.C
31-07-2022, 11:41 AM
Team in the opening post will be the team I think.

They were lucky yesterday, we need to go out and really take the game to them.

Stubbsy90+2
31-07-2022, 11:43 AM
Team in the opening post will be the team I think.

They were lucky yesterday, we need to go out and really take the game to them.

I hope not. Leaves us in the same position we were last season where the 3 centre mids have no real attacking intent.

Henderson needs to be in there imo.

Key West
31-07-2022, 11:44 AM
Marshall

Cadden Porteous Cabraja

Kenneh

Youan Doyle-Hayes Newell Mitchell

Henderson

Doidge

B.H.F.C
31-07-2022, 12:05 PM
I hope not. Leaves us in the same position we were last season where the 3 centre mids have no real attacking intent.

Henderson needs to be in there imo.

Think it’s a bit different with Kenneh in there, frees the other two up. Not Newell’s biggest fan but he tried to take the game to St Johnstone yesterday.

Just think Johnson will look to go a bit more solid.

Leith Green
31-07-2022, 12:37 PM
Lots of posters having missing Newell out… I thought he played a really good game yesterday a proper midfield performance, bit of dig , drive , and commitment.. Been a critic of his at times , but on his day he is excellent, yesterday was the same , hopefully he plays well against Hearts , which to be fair he usually has done (minus the silly bookings .. Also notice jake doyle hayes seems to be playing a more advanced role pre season and yeterday when he came on

truehibernian
31-07-2022, 12:59 PM
Wouldn’t change anything from yesterday, if anything it immediately showed St Johnstone we were there to win by playing such a forward thinking starting line up. I liked the balance in midfield too.

Playing 4-3-3 immediately puts Hearts defenders under pressure and limits them time to build from the back and play through the lines. Our new left back and Miller - if he comes in for Cadden - have terrific energy and more importantly will defend and put a foot in - hard - against McKay and Forrest.

We’re actually looking a very physical (and energetic) side now whereas last season we were bullied. Youan, Jair, and Cabraja make a real difference, and Mitchell back gives real energy and pace too.

Really looking forward to Sunday - that win yesterday was exactly what they needed going into the derby.

Allant1981
31-07-2022, 01:29 PM
Lots of posters having missing Newell out… I thought he played a really good game yesterday a proper midfield performance, bit of dig , drive , and commitment.. Been a critic of his at times , but on his day he is excellent, yesterday was the same , hopefully he plays well against Hearts , which to be fair he usually has done (minus the silly bookings .. Also notice jake doyle hayes seems to be playing a more advanced role pre season and yeterday when he came on

Id be amazed if newell doesnt play

Tambo
05-08-2022, 05:11 PM
So no Jair or Mitchell available.

Interesting who plays out wide, would expect Melkersen on the right and maybe Youan on the left.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2022, 05:12 PM
So no Jair or Mitchell available.

Interesting who plays out wide, would expect Melkersen on the right and maybe Youan on the left.

Jair with a one game ban, seems strange he could play last week!

Blaster
05-08-2022, 05:14 PM
Where are you reading about Jair?

Wondered that too as not mentioned on the official site

Sgt. Hartman
05-08-2022, 05:15 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
JDH

Melkersen
Youan
Henderson

Tambo
05-08-2022, 05:17 PM
Wondered that too as not mentioned on the official site

Evening news as Billy says Jair serving a one game ban.

Maybe it is something to do with when the Portuguese league starts to why he could of played last week?

Stuart93

Maybe it is something to do with when the Portuguese league starts to why he could of played last week?

Hmm surely that’s not right

Aye just read it, what a ****ing joke. Down yet another winger.

Billy Whizz

Just saw the EN article, strange Hibs didn’t mention this

Golden Bear
05-08-2022, 05:18 PM

How can he be banned already? Has he been sent off in a development game or something like that?

green day

Just read that in 442, said it was a ban carried over from Portugal.

That is weird.

Billy Whizz
How can he be banned already? Has he been sent off in a development game or something like that?

It’s a Portuguese ban from last season

Since452
05-08-2022, 05:20 PM
Lee didn't say he was out in his team news update.

Unseen work
05-08-2022, 05:21 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-dealt-double-derby-blow-as-summer-signing-faces-ban-and-another-player-joins-injury-list-3795876

Big blow for two.

Why is Tarves suspension in play now and not the st Johnstone game?

Gutted for Mitchell but injury problems seem to be very common for him, even going back to his time at hearts.

Left wing up for grabs now. Like I said before I think Henderson will play there with JDH central.

Either that or Doidge up top and Youan left.

Stuart93
05-08-2022, 05:23 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-dealt-double-derby-blow-as-summer-signing-faces-ban-and-another-player-joins-injury-list-3795876

Big blow for two.

Gutted for Mitchell but injury problems seem to be very common for him, even going back to his time at hearts.

Left wing up for grabs now. Like I said before I think Henderson will play there with JDH central.

I’d rather Play Youan out wide. Take Hendo out that midfield and you’re creating nothing for our strikers

green day
05-08-2022, 05:24 PM
LJ has also said Hanlon may be in the squad.Mitchell was taken off middweek as a precaution, more hammy tweak than tear.

Sgt. Hartman
05-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Lee didn't say he was out in his team news update.

He probably only just found out :cb

Billy Whizz
05-08-2022, 05:26 PM

Big blow for two.

This is todays player suspension update, nothing about Jair on here

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/9136/los04-spfl-shfl-slfl-4-aug-2022-04.pdf

Tambo
05-08-2022, 05:27 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

Melkersen
Doidge
Youan

I think the Midfield three of Kenneh, Newell and Henderson has been a better balance so far.

BlackSheep
05-08-2022, 05:27 PM
The Jair one is an interesting one… I wasn’t aware of players carrying suspensions across countries…. I wonder if we are being cautious after the league cup debacle

Stuart93
05-08-2022, 05:28 PM

Tavares is there when you scroll down

Since452
Looks like someone at Hibs have done their homework after the Rocky fiasco. Very strange one though.

Zazu62
Why did we sign Mitchell?

Stuart93
05-08-2022, 05:29 PM
The Jair one is an interesting one… I wasn’t aware of players carrying suspensions across countries…. I wonder if we are being cautious after the league cup debacle

I hope the club realise…

BlackSheep
05-08-2022, 05:29 PM

He’s on page 2, suspension didn’t come into effect til Aug 1st

Stuart93
05-08-2022, 05:30 PM
Looks like someone at Hibs have done their homework after the Rocky fiasco. Very strange one though.

It’s the EEN that have reported it though. LJ has gave his squad update and mentioned nothing about Jair being suspended

sleeping giant
05-08-2022, 05:30 PM
It’s the EEN that have reported it though. LJ has gave his squad update and mentioned nothing about Jair being suspended

Someone better tell someone 😁

Stuart93
05-08-2022, 05:32 PM

@hibs Jair is suspended

Vault Boy
05-08-2022, 05:32 PM
We need pace down that wing I think, hope we keep Hendo central. I’d have Melkersen or Youan wide left, potentially pushing Cadden up and slotting Miller in at RB if needs be.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2022, 05:36 PM
He’s on page 2, suspension didn’t come into effect til Aug 1st

See it now thanks

Pretty Boy
05-08-2022, 05:37 PM
Same as last week except Miller coming in for Tavares for me and Cadden pushing on.

We were good last week. Lacked a wee bit cutting edge but that will come as Youan settles in and develops an understanding with Henderson, Tavares and Melkerson.

My natural instinct is to prefer JDH to Newell but Joe was absolutely fine last week so deserves to keep his place.

Stevie Reid
05-08-2022, 05:43 PM
Is Bojang fit? He could take Tavares’ place, if so?

Callum_62
05-08-2022, 05:43 PM
Very weird one with Tavares?

Don't understand how he could play last week

Billy Whizz
05-08-2022, 05:44 PM

Just had a look, it was on last weeks SFA suspension update too, I’m sure Hibs would know about this

Billy Whizz
05-08-2022, 05:45 PM
Very weird one with Tavares?

Don't understand how he could play last week

Suspension list says one game ban from 1st August, but you make a good point

Callum_62
05-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Suspension list says one game ban from 1st August, but you make a good pointYeah I see that but why from 1/8 and where does the suspension come from?

Has suspensions always carried cross country?

Honestly never heard of that before

California-Hibs
05-08-2022, 05:48 PM
Real blow with Tarveres. Thought he played well last week and would be an unknown entity to the Jambos. Clearly has loads of skills and an killer pass in him. Very frustrating

B.H.F.C
05-08-2022, 05:55 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
JDH

Melkersen
Youan
Henderson

With Tavares out I’m positive this will the team.

Think it may have been regardless.

JohnM1875
05-08-2022, 05:56 PM
With Tavares out I’m positive this will the team.

Think it may have been regardless.

Aye agree. Think it probably would have been the team regardless as well.

IvanSproule
05-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Not too upset about Tavares, dont think he's ready for a derby, may have been handy off the bench though.
For me Henderson has to play through the middle.
Melkerson and Youan have to be constantly threatening In behind, have to make the long ball an option or they'll just stifle us.

Cadden Rocky Porteous Marjan

Kenneh

Hendo Newell

Melk Youan

Doidge

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fergus52
05-08-2022, 06:02 PM
We need pace down that wing I think, hope we keep Hendo central. I’d have Melkersen or Youan wide left, potentially pushing Cadden up and slotting Miller in at RB if needs be.

Really don't think cadden would suit being a winger in Johnson's 433.

He's great at getting up and down the line and delivering crosses as an attacking right back - but for me he's not got the agility, dribbling ability or flair/unpredictability to be effective as an attacking winger in a front 3

Sgt. Hartman
05-08-2022, 06:05 PM
Looks like Tait has won the fringe CM role over Delferierre

McGruber
05-08-2022, 07:45 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Rocky
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell

Melkersen
Henderson
Youan

Doidge

Hopefully this team - think Doidge has to play. Combinations of Melkerson, Youan, Bojang going to come up short of experience and physicality on their own.

Gutted Tavares out, think he would have caused real problems for them. To be missing McGeady, Tavares and Mitchell at the same time is unfortunate and really leaves us a bit short. Hopefully others can produce something from out wide

vercol36
05-08-2022, 07:56 PM
Although Abracabraja is the player I’m most excited about thinking about the season ahead, I have a feeling this might be Hendo’s derby 🙂🙏

Carheenlea
05-08-2022, 08:11 PM
The Tavares suspension is one of those obscurities from the deepest depths of the rules book that you sort of now half expect to hinder us.

I’m not sure he would have been starter in any case, but could have been a valuable substitute option along with Mitchell.

Carheenlea
05-08-2022, 08:15 PM
Although Abracabraja is the player I’m most excited about thinking about the season ahead, I have a feeling this might be Hendo’s derby 🙂🙏

Henderson definitely has a feel about him that he’s going to play the leading part in a big game this season. Really settling into the team now and this Sundays game may well be that game..!

basehibby
06-08-2022, 01:18 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

Melkersen
Doidge
Youan

I think the Midfield three of Kenneh, Newell and Henderson has been a better balance so far.

Agreed - and the front trio gives us a good mix of pace, flair & physicality. Back four picks itself on recent form. I like the look of this team

Since452
06-08-2022, 06:45 AM
About time we won one of these fixtures. Frustratingly I think it's probably come a bit too early. Hope we wire in to them from the start whoever plays.

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2022, 07:54 AM
Not too upset about Tavares, dont think he's ready for a derby, may have been handy off the bench though.
Melkerson and Youan have to be constantly threatening In behind, have to make the long ball an option or they'll just stifle us.

Kenneh

Hendo Newell

Melk Youan

Doidge

Personally I'd play Boyle instead of Youan 😁

Nicho87
06-08-2022, 08:11 AM
Marshall

Cadden Rocky Porteous Cabraja

Kenneh JDH Newell

Melkerson Henderson

Youane

Stubbsy90+2
06-08-2022, 08:19 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kennneh
Newell
Henderson

Youan
Doidge
Melkersen

It’s frustrating to see we’re already getting into bare bones territory for this game. There’s not a lot of other options imo.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2022, 08:45 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Kennneh
Newell
Henderson

Youan
Doidge
Melkersen

It’s frustrating to see we’re already getting into bare bones territory for this game. There’s not a lot of other options imo.

With that side we're looking at a possible bench of;

Dabrowski
Hanlon
Miller
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Bojang

Unavailable;

Magennis
Tavares
Nisbet
Stevenson
Mitchell
McGeady

GreenGray
06-08-2022, 08:50 AM
With that side we're looking at a possible bench of;

Dabrowski
Hanlon
Miller
Doyle Hayes
Campbell
Tait
Bojang

Unavailable;

Magennis
Tavares
Nisbet
Stevenson
Mitchell
McGeady

Those players you’ve listed as unavailable make you realise that we’re not far off a good squad if everyone is fit. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zazu62
06-08-2022, 09:09 AM

Kenneh

Hendo Newell

Melk Youan

Doidge

Not ready for a derby 😂. What’s the point in signing him then? Too much pressure for him?

GreenGray
06-08-2022, 09:23 AM
Not ready for a derby [emoji23]. What’s the point in signing him then? Too much pressure for him?

You’d be pretty naive to think you can sign a young player from another country and throw him into a game like that.

If he started and played poorly fans would be blaming the manager for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
06-08-2022, 03:55 PM
In all the excitement about Boyle we are still, unfortunately, starting tomorrow without Boyle, McGeady and Jair. A lot of width and creativity to be withoit.

McGruber
07-08-2022, 07:36 AM
Same as last week except Miller coming in for Tavares for me and Cadden pushing on.

We were good last week. Lacked a wee bit cutting edge but that will come as Youan settles in and develops an understanding with Henderson, Tavares and Melkerson.

My natural instinct is to prefer JDH to Newell but Joe was absolutely fine last week so deserves to keep his place.

I've got a feeling someone will be missing from last week. The rumour that Josh Campbell is playing, Johnson talking about other knocks. Hopefully not

Allant1981
07-08-2022, 07:40 AM
In all the excitement about Boyle we are still, unfortunately, starting tomorrow without Boyle, McGeady and Jair. A lot of width and creativity to be withoit.

Melkersen and Henderson can play left and right so not a huge loss

Since452
07-08-2022, 07:41 AM
I'm not convinced Taveres would have started today anyway. Think Mitchell may have though.

Callum_62
07-08-2022, 09:06 AM
I'm undecided on Doidge

I think the defence picks itself

Cadden Rocky. Porto Cabraja

Kenneh. Newell are certain starters

I'd probaly put JDH in there too

Melkerson Henderson

Youan

If JDH doenst come in I'd move Youan to the left and bring in doidge

I have a feeling we might put a more defensive minded player on the left though as Atkinson is a threat for then

Be interesting to see what Johnson does as his principles seems to be front foot first and worry about there threats later

Pete
07-08-2022, 09:16 AM
When you step back a bit, you realise how young a lot of our squad are. Let's support every one of them who gets on the park today!

One of the older heads, Dodge, could play a key role today by getting right in about their defence.

Mikey_1875
07-08-2022, 09:17 AM
I'm undecided on Doidge

I think the defence picks itself

Cadden Rocky. Porto Cabraja

Kenneh. Newell are certain starters

I'd probaly put JDH in there too

Melkerson Henderson

Youan

If JDH doenst come in I'd move Youan to the left and bring in doidge

I have a feeling we might put a more defensive minded player on the left though as Atkinson is a threat for then

Be interesting to see what Johnson does as his principles seems to be front foot first and worry about there threats later

That’s the team I would go for. Think JDH could add a bit of composure in the midfield and Doidge could maybe be brought on as a later threat.

yerauldda
07-08-2022, 09:19 AM
I reckon the team team will be:

Marshall
Cadden Rocky Porteous Cabraja
Campbell Kenneh Newell
Melkersen Youan Henderson