PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene 22/23

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

gbhibby
30-07-2022, 10:02 PM
Noticed no in depth analysis of the tackles in the Hearts v Ross County all of which were worse than the tackles highlighted in the Hibs match. Nothing changes still not a balanced show.

H18 SFR
30-07-2022, 10:03 PM
Citation for Rocky incoming no doubt.

Keepthefaith
30-07-2022, 10:14 PM
I agree, no mention about Hibs playing well in the first half either, seemed intent on finding whatever negative they could.

In the words of Keegan, I'd love it, just love it if we prove those *******s wrong (paraphrasing a bit!)

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 10:15 PM
I agree, no mention about Hibs playing well in the first half either, seemed intent on finding whatever negative they could.

In the words of Keegan, I'd love it, just love it if we prove those *******s wrong (paraphrasing a bit!)

Heaven forbid we beat the current media darlings next Sunday!

Since452
30-07-2022, 10:16 PM
I like the intro music

Aldo
30-07-2022, 10:22 PM
I mentioned this would happen in the match day thread!

Trial by Sportscene for certain players/clubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
30-07-2022, 10:25 PM
Hibs on last as usual

Away to ma bed in ma Hibs pyjamas

vuefrom1875
30-07-2022, 10:28 PM
Noticed no in depth analysis of the tackles in the Hearts v Ross County all of which were worse than the tackles highlighted in the Hibs match. Nothing changes still not a balanced show.

Spot on,the media love affair with the tramps continues....refuse to watch this Mickley mouse excuse for a masquerade sports programme 😀

BS44
30-07-2022, 10:49 PM
Steven Fletcher has certainly went all in with his hair transplant, he had his hair tied up in a bun while playing today.

Is there a reason a why Dundee Utd are wearing a copy of their old strip from the 80s?

BlackSheep
30-07-2022, 10:54 PM
Steven Fletcher has certainly went all in with his hair transplant, he had his hair tied up in a bun while playing today.

Is there a reason a why Dundee Utd are wearing a copy of their old strip from the 80s?

That’s their home kit for this season, it’s a throwback to their 82/83 league winning season.

Cat Stanton
30-07-2022, 11:12 PM
I like the intro music

I'm not one for this Hearts conspiracy nonsense. BUT I noticed the opening credits had two jambo goals and very few other goals. Just sayin'!

NC1875
30-07-2022, 11:12 PM
Shambles of a show. More entertaining watch paint dry than Steven Thomson.

BlackSheep
30-07-2022, 11:22 PM
Thompson at the end to Mikey Stewart… “Next week the derby for Hibs, you’ve played in those…”

Like Kenny Miller hasn’t loloololololol….!

Real Emerald
30-07-2022, 11:33 PM
Despite Thompson being desperate to have a go at Hibs, Mickey Stewart stuck to his guns. Hibs on last every week if not playing the old firm, watch and re watch every contentious Hibs foul but will very rarely show anything contentious against Hibs. It’s really disgusting but I’m led to believe it’s a Hearts supporting producer.

Then you’ve got Boyd on Sky who is like watching a Rangers fan in the pub who can’t see anything wrong with Rangers fouls but calls out everything that goes against then. The media are a joke.

gbhibby
30-07-2022, 11:57 PM
Thompson at the end to Mikey Stewart… “Next week the derby for Hibs, you’ve played in those…”

Like Kenny Miller hasn’t loloololololol….!
That's cause Kenny scored against Hearts.

McGruber
31-07-2022, 12:30 AM

The Jorge Grant challenge was worse than the 2 tackles highlighted in our game. In the commentary they said Grant was lucky to get yellow.
If any of our players get cited and Grant doesn't hopefully the club call it out.
Not even looking for Grant to be cited but can't have who gets pulled up being at the whim of the Sportscene producer

percy veer
31-07-2022, 04:09 AM
just watched it, has someone at hibs messed about with thompsons missus?

Libby Hibby
31-07-2022, 07:07 AM
The highlights of our game was a disgrace.

They can’t bring themselves to say we played well.

Shambles of a show from a hibs point of view.

Nicho87
31-07-2022, 08:51 AM
Sportscene is a shambles

Talking up hearts about can they push the old firm

Imo the gap is as bag as it ever has been

Yes we were emptied in the league cup but it’s like we haven’t made any changes at all.

All very cosy BBC sevco / jambo theme going on

SlickShoes
31-07-2022, 08:53 AM
I’ve not watched it but listened to a bit of sport sound after the game for the first time in years and it was very negative towards hibs, they are somehow still talking about Jack ross, and the woman on the show was going on about how shocking it was hibs didn’t try to get mcinnes as manager.

I thought most folk on here just had sour grapes or something but having listened it is pretty weird.

Coco Bryce
31-07-2022, 08:54 AM
The highlights of our game was a disgrace.

They can’t bring themselves to say we played well.

Shambles of a show from a hibs point of view.

The very reason I point blank refuse to listen/watch Sportsound/Sportscene.

Absolute dugshyt!

Coco Bryce
31-07-2022, 08:56 AM
I’ve not watched it but listened to a bit of sport sound after the game for the first time in years and it was very negative towards hibs, they are somehow still talking about Jack ross, and the woman on the show was going on about how shocking it was hibs didn’t try to get mcinnes as manager.

I thought most folk on here just had sour grapes or something but having listened it is pretty weird.

The very Jack Ross that chucked another lead again yesterday.

weecounty hibby
31-07-2022, 09:05 AM
Stop watching and listening. There are loads of other ways to see game highlights. I've not watched or listened in years and it's not something I miss.

Diclonius
31-07-2022, 09:13 AM
I really, REALLY hope we shut them all up next weekend.

Key West
31-07-2022, 11:12 AM
I honestly wasn't offended at the analysis of the Hibs game and thought both tackles could have been reds.

GreenGray
31-07-2022, 12:04 PM

Yeah Jack Ross is their darling, they’ll be wanting LJ to fail and Ross to do well at United

Kato
31-07-2022, 12:30 PM

I thought most folk on here just had sour grapes or something but having listened it is pretty weird.Last four words sums it up.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Wilson
31-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Sportscene is a shambles

Talking up hearts about can they push the old firm

Imo the gap is as bag as it ever has been

Yes we were emptied in the league cup but it’s like we haven’t made any changes at all.

All very cosy BBC sevco / jambo theme going on

They missed the obvious point as well.

For Hearts to close the gap they need everyone else to take points off the old firm. It isn't just about hearts.

Anyway, I think hearts will more likely be further behind as they struggle to manage their euro schedule. Regardless of how many points we take off the old firm for them.

Sir David Gray
31-07-2022, 01:14 PM
They missed the obvious point as well.

For Hearts to close the gap they need everyone else to take points off the old firm. It isn't just about hearts.

Anyway, I think hearts will more likely be further behind as they struggle to manage their euro schedule. Regardless of how many points we take off the old firm for them.

They dropped 20 points to Celtic and Rangers last season, if they had picked up maximum points they would have finished one point ahead of Rangers but still 5 points behind Celtic.

J-C
31-07-2022, 01:18 PM
A 1 hour show and the the 1st 45 mins taken up showing and talking about the Rangers and Hearts games, I tend to fast forward all the yapping and just watch the highlights, Thomson annoys the hell out of me these days.

Wilson
31-07-2022, 01:19 PM
They dropped 20 points to Celtic and Rangers last season, if they had picked up maximum points they would have finished one point ahead of Rangers but still 5 points behind Celtic.

Well, if it is simply a question of whether we think hearts can close the gap in the old firm by taking many more points off them, then the easy answer is no chance.

JohnM1875
31-07-2022, 01:34 PM
Am I being daft, but how is Dundee Utd's Harkes first yellow a booking? Completely out of both of the keepers hands and he then flicks the ball away?

MartinfaePorty
31-07-2022, 01:38 PM
Am I being daft, but how is Dundee Utd's Harkes first yellow a booking? Completely out of both of the keepers hands and he then flicks the ball away?

Section 2 of Law 12 states:

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

Alfred E Newman
31-07-2022, 01:39 PM

I watched a bit of the Livi v Rangers game at lunchtime and there were some pretty beefy tackles being dished out by Livi as you would expect. I don’t think any were shown in the highlights never mind scrutinised.
Our games were gone over with a fine tooth comb last season on a weekly basis to try and find goals that should have been chalked off, and players that should have been booked or red carded and it looks like more of the same this season.

JohnM1875
31-07-2022, 01:40 PM
Section 2 of Law 12 states:

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

But when Harke's touches the ball it's completely out of both hands and it's in the air, so surely the balls in play at that point? Anyway I'm obviously wrong but still think it's stupid!

MartinfaePorty
31-07-2022, 01:41 PM
But when Harke's touches the ball it's completely out of both hands and it's in the air, so surely the balls in play at that point? Anyway I'm obviously wrong but still think it's stupid!

Here's some wording from earlier on in the same section:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

plays in a dangerous manner
impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made
is guilty of dissent, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s) or other verbal offences
prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
initiates a deliberate trick for the ball to be passed (including from a free kick or goal kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands; the goalkeeper is penalised if responsible for initiating the deliberate trick
commits any other offence, not mentioned in the Laws, for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player

JohnM1875
31-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Here's some wording from earlier on in the same section:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

plays in a dangerous manner
impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made
is guilty of dissent, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s) or other verbal offences
prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
initiates a deliberate trick for the ball to be passed (including from a free kick or goal kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands; the goalkeeper is penalised if responsible for initiating the deliberate trick
commits any other offence, not mentioned in the Laws, for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player

Aye fair enough! Pretty sure Thierry Henry scored a goal for Arsenal doing the exact same thing back in the day, but by the rules the ref was spot on yesterday.

Aldo
31-07-2022, 01:54 PM
I watched a bit of the Livi v Rangers game at lunchtime and there were some pretty beefy tackles being dished out by Livi as you would expect. I don’t think any were shown in the highlights never mind scrutinised.
Our games were gone over with a fine tooth comb last season on a weekly basis to try and find goals that should have been chalked off, and players that should have been booked or red carded and it looks like more of the same this season.

Your last paragraph is spot on. Martin Boyle was highlighted every week so they could try and show he was diving.

They don’t even try and hide the bias shown towards us

aarsan
31-07-2022, 02:03 PM

The woman on the show was Leanne Dempster !!!

Billy Whizz
31-07-2022, 02:18 PM
The woman on the show was Leanne Dempster !!!

Leanne Crichton

Jones28
31-07-2022, 03:10 PM
I didn’t see a huge amount wrong with it tbh, I thought Mikey Stewart was bang on with his analysis.

I think the analysis of the cards was spot on and that if the ref seems Davidsons red was legitimate then Cabraja should have been off, or they should both have been booked. They were clearly going for the “St Johnston are doomed” narrative and playing up the fact that we really should have been down to ten men.

where'stheslope
31-07-2022, 03:22 PM
I didn’t see a huge amount wrong with it tbh, I thought Mikey Stewart was bang on with his analysis.

I think the analysis of the cards was spot on and that if the ref seems Davidsons red was legitimate then Cabraja should have been off, or they should both have been booked. They were clearly going for the “St Johnston are doomed” narrative and playing up the fact that we really should have been down to ten men.
From the highlights I seen it was either 2 yellows or 2 reds!
How the ref can make 1 different from the other beggars belief?
Just wait till VAR comes in, you will see a lot more of the same, especially against the Uglies!!!

patlowe
31-07-2022, 03:27 PM
I disagree that both tackles were the same. Refs have to assess any tackle on a range of factors so it's just so over-simplistic to say "you can't give a red for one and not the other". Having said that, in this case I'd say they were both reds :greengrin

Callum_62
31-07-2022, 03:58 PM
Are sky not showing goals on Sunday and that anymore?

I quite enjoyed watching the goals and highlights from the championship and below

Who shows that now?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
31-07-2022, 04:01 PM
Are sky not showing goals on Sunday and that anymore?

I quite enjoyed watching the goals and highlights from the championship and below

Who shows that now?

EFL highlights are on ITV.

worcesterhibby
31-07-2022, 04:54 PM
Stop watching and listening. There are loads of other ways to see game highlights. I've not watched or listened in years and it's not something I miss.

I don’t watch it, or listen, but it still seems to affect the work of the compliance officer and I still have to contribute money to produce it if I want to watch the telly legally.

Kato
31-07-2022, 07:17 PM

I think the analysis of the cards was spot on and that if the ref seems Davidsons red was legitimate then Cabraja should have been off, or they should both have been booked. They were clearly going for the “St Johnston are doomed” narrative and playing up the fact that we really should have been down to ten men.There's no problem seeing it like that.

The question seems to be is why are similar and worse situations not being dissected the way they are in Hibs games.

JimBHibees
31-07-2022, 08:12 PM
There's no problem seeing it like that.

The question seems to be is why are similar and worse situations not being dissected the way they are in Hibs games.

That is the question why are and this is probably anecdotal primarily Rangers and Hearts incidents not analysed in the same way and highlighted apparently a very poor Hearts tackle ignored again yesterday. Rangers Hibs last season Lundstram ignored was also an Aribo tackle think against Hearts ignored. .

whiskyhibby
31-07-2022, 08:16 PM
I have to say it’s been a number of years now since I last watched Sportscene….don’t see that changing anytime soon

:flag::flag:

Ringothedog
31-07-2022, 09:26 PM
Just wait till VAR comes in, you will see a lot more of the same, especially against the Uglies!!!

The tackle by Davidson was shin high, the tackle by Cabraja was on the ground. That is the only difference I can see.

Libby Hibby
31-07-2022, 09:28 PM
The tackle by Davidson was shin high, the tackle by Cabraja was on the ground. That is the only difference I can see.

Also, one was against a Hibs hero and one was against a Hertz prick

Carheenlea
31-07-2022, 09:37 PM
I have to say it’s been a number of years now since I last watched Sportscene….don’t see that changing anytime soon

:flag::flag:

Likewise. I’ll watch the Hibs highlights on the BBC website, and all the highlights released by Hibs. Have little interest in watching any other games but if Hearts have had a comedy result I’ll certainly take a look at that.

I couldn’t sit through a whole episode of Sportscene.

greenlex
31-07-2022, 09:45 PM

The only thing I can think of to make the difference in cards was that Davidson made absolutely no attempt to play the ball and was only interested in taking the man out the game. At east out boy tried to get to the ball.

Ringothedog
31-07-2022, 09:55 PM
Also, one was against a Hibs hero and one was against a Hertz prick

This ends all debate.

ekhibee
31-07-2022, 09:59 PM
Likewise. I’ll watch the Hibs highlights on the BBC website, and all the highlights released by Hibs. Have little interest in watching any other games but if Hearts have had a comedy result I’ll certainly take a look at that.

I couldn’t sit through a whole episode of Sportscene.

I agree with every word of this. I also have to say I'm not interested in anything to do with Hearts really, so there's no need for me to listen to Sportsound at any time either.

JJP
13-08-2022, 10:02 PM
Interesting editorial choice not to show the non foul that lead to Livingston’s second goal today.

JohnM1875
13-08-2022, 10:04 PM
Interesting editorial choice not to show the non foul that lead to Livingston’s second goal today.

Shock.

Real Emerald
13-08-2022, 11:47 PM

It’s a disgrace l, if that was a Hibs free kick and goal it would have been picked to bits. Shocking. 😡

Sheffhibee
14-08-2022, 07:05 PM
The Jack Ross love in continues from wee Mike Stewart and Co. Not a mention of the comedy defending against them today. If that had been us that display would have been ripped to shreds

Colinton Hibby
14-08-2022, 07:52 PM
Since Mikey bottled it for his Huns comments he’s been a bit of a joke, which is a real shame as he was the only real neutral we had on Hunscene.

Still, i must admit I’m loving watching Jack Ross imploding. Said it even when he was with us - he’s an imposter.

Stubbsy90+2
14-08-2022, 08:34 PM
The Jack Ross love in continues from wee Mike Stewart and Co. Not a mention of the comedy defending against them today. If that had been us that display would have been ripped to shreds

We’ve got Hibs fans on here desperate to see him do well at Dundee United despite the fact it would make our job of finishing where we want to more difficult.

It’s no surprise then that his pals want him to do well. Thankfully the guy is pretty good at failing so we’ll no doubt see more of the same at DU.

Kato
20-08-2022, 08:03 PM
Miller brutal on the comments after the highlights. No pen for Hibs. 1st sending off "clipped his heels" when it's obviously, visibly high. 1st Hibs goal, all about what Rangers did wrong even though we carved them open. Stewart at 2nd goal insinuating that 2nd Hibs goal wouldn't have happened with 10 men still on the park. Even the wife is having a giggle.

Callum_62
20-08-2022, 08:06 PM
Miller brutal on the comments after the highlights. No pen for Hibs. 1st sending off "clipped his heels" when it's obviously, visibly high. 1st Hibs goal, all about what Rangers did wrong even though we carved them open. Stewart at 2nd goal insinuating that 2nd Hibs goal wouldn't have happened with 10 men still on the park. Even the wife is having a giggle.

Sent from my SM-A528B using TapatalkClipped his heels[emoji28]

Look how far away from the ball he is too https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220820/8bdde960c467b1a40bc1931006e38358.jpg

JohnM1875
20-08-2022, 08:07 PM
Clipped his heels [emoji28]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220820/8bdde960c467b1a40bc1931006e38358.jpg

Absolute shocker of a tackle.

LaMotta
20-08-2022, 08:12 PM
I think the Sportscene comments were fair. They said shouldnt have been a pen to Huns, Tavernier on Rocky's more of a pen, Lundstram should have been a yellow and Morelos clear red. All fair points after seeing the highlights.

At the time I thought Lundstrams was a red and I can see why Collum gave it as his leg was so high. I've seen worse fouls get yellows - Cochrane v McGinn and Stevie May on Boyle that def should have been reds, so happy to see the red today.

But, by the way, the 2 Ross County challenges that only got yellows v Killie? Absolute shockers, both were far worse than Lundstrams. Refs clearly not all on the same page.

Jim44
20-08-2022, 08:23 PM
We’ve got Hibs fans on here desperate to see him do well at Dundee United despite the fact it would make our job of finishing where we want to more difficult.

It’s no surprise then that his pals want him to do well. Thankfully the guy is pretty good at failing so we’ll no doubt see more of the same at DU.

Ironically, if DU had done better today, it would have prevented us falling behind lowly St Mirren. But that doesn’t matter as long as it puts Jack Ross in his place. Keep an eye on the bigger picture.

Trinity Hibee
20-08-2022, 08:29 PM
Ironically, if DU had done better today, it would have prevented us falling behind lowly St Mirren. But that doesn’t matter as long as it puts Jack Ross in his place. Keep an eye on the bigger picture.

Some spin there. Well played

CL0762
20-08-2022, 08:30 PM

Miller slavering some pish about GVB & Martindale showing remarkable restraint regarding referees [emoji23]

If we get the first penalty, everything else becomes a moot point because the outcome of the penalty would change the direction of the match.

They are beyond petrified to criticise or condemn anything to do with either of the west coast clowns for fear of the pile on that comes their way.

hibsbollah
20-08-2022, 11:32 PM
I think the Sportscene comments were fair. They said shouldnt have been a pen to Huns, Tavernier on Rocky's more of a pen, Lundstram should have been a yellow and Morelos clear red. All fair points after seeing the highlights.

At the time I thought Lundstrams was a red and I can see why Collum gave it as his leg was so high. I've seen worse fouls get yellows - Cochrane v McGinn and Stevie May on Boyle that def should have been reds, so happy to see the red today.

But, by the way, the 2 Ross County challenges that only got yellows v Killie? Absolute shockers, both were far worse than Lundstrams. Refs clearly not all on the same page.

The bit that got me furious was the equivalence that Miller gave between the Livingston Motherwell penalty and the Lundstrom red. Both managers showed ‘remarkable restraint’ for ‘ridiculous decisions’, apparently.

poolman
21-08-2022, 01:21 AM

Miller is a Hun prick

LaMotta
21-08-2022, 07:45 AM
The bit that got me furious was the equivalence that Miller gave between the Livingston Motherwell penalty and the Lundstrom red. Both managers showed ‘remarkable restraint’ for ‘ridiculous decisions’, apparently.

I missed Miller saying that. What a ridiculous comparison from him!

Its funny how all the ex hun pundits were adamant Porto's challenge on Aribo last season where he actually wins the ball and doesnt touch the player was worth a jail sentence but Lundstrams was just a cheeky wee clip of the heels:crazy:

easty
21-08-2022, 07:49 AM
Miller is a Hun prick

Aye, he has been for a long time.

hibsbollah
21-08-2022, 08:21 AM
I missed Miller saying that. What a ridiculous comparison from him!

Its funny how all the ex hun pundits were adamant Porto's challenge on Aribo last season where he actually wins the ball and doesnt touch the player was worth a jail sentence but Lundstrams was just a cheeky wee clip of the heels:crazy:

I know, when you look back and compare some of these incidents, and then hear the pundits doing their usual, banging on about 'all im looking for is consistency' from refs :faf: Refs are a model of consistency compared to the handpicked idiots in the studios.

21-08-2022, 08:34 AM
I know, when you look back and compare some of these incidents, and then hear the pundits doing their usual, banging on about 'all im looking for is consistency' from refs :faf: Refs are a model of consistency compared to the handpicked idiots in the studios.

Sportsound spent more time of the Ross Co v Killie live commentary talking about the decisions in our match than just focussing on commentating on the match they were watching. It seemed like every decision was benchmarked against Collum's. That said,from what someone posted on another thread, Ross Callachan's 1st yellow was a much more obvious red the Lundstram's though I haven't seen it yet myself.

Sir David Gray
21-08-2022, 08:41 AM
Sportsound spent more time of the Ross Co v Killie live commentary talking about the decisions in our match than just focussing on commentating on the match they were watching. It seemed like every decision was benchmarked against Collum's. That said,from what someone posted on another thread, Ross Callachan's 1st yellow was a much more obvious red the Lundstram's though I haven't seen it yet myself.

It was a shocker.

matty_f
21-08-2022, 08:44 AM
It was a shocker.

I've no idea how he only got a yellow for that, one of the worst fouls I've seen in a long time. Straight red all day long.

21-08-2022, 08:54 AM
Clipped his heels[emoji28]

Look how far away from the ball he is too https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220820/8bdde960c467b1a40bc1931006e38358.jpg

In the side on view you get a better idea of how far away from the ball he is.

https://i.ibb.co/7NMnVt4/Screenshot-20220820-230653-BBC-i-Player.jpg (https://ibb.co/BKWyj2N)

For me the key difference between in and JDH's is that JDH at least had a chance to get the ball, without having to go through the player to get it (Remember's Porteous's red v Aberdeen). Lundstram's was never about trying to get the ball.

In fact, if the rules say going through a player and getting the ball is a red (no doubting Porteous's was correctly a red), then how can cleaning someone out on purpose, from behind, at full speed, with a knee high tackle and no attempt at the ball even be up for debate? If the rules aren't clear enough that it's a red all day long then they need to be amended.

21-08-2022, 09:07 AM

Michael Stewart has noticeably turned more Jambo in the the last year, since Hearts improved on the total sh**e they've been for years.

Heisenberg
21-08-2022, 09:16 AM
If Porteous makes the challenge Lundstram does or swings his arm like fat Alfredo there would’ve been wall to wall coverage and a character assassination continuing right through to the next game. Quite the difference in how these incidents are being covered.

The Harp Awakes
21-08-2022, 09:20 AM
Clipped his heels[emoji28]

Yip, a lunge, out of control, knee height so an absolute stone wall red card. Mikey Stewart and Kenny Miller making an @rse of themselves there.

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2022, 09:29 AM
Michael Stewart has noticeably turned more Jambo in the the last year, since Hearts improved on the total sh**e they've been for years.

Showing his true colours just like every jambo I know coming out of the woodwork

Normal service to return today

hibsbollah
21-08-2022, 09:36 AM
Showing his true colours just like every jambo I know coming out of the woodwork

Normal service to return today

I have to admit I still quite like Mikey Stewart. He was a good player for us and hasn’t joined in the worst of the media pileins on us. Generally speaks more sense than most.

JohnM1875
21-08-2022, 09:45 AM
I honestly can't believe anyone would questions Lundstram's red card. There's not a chance in hell he can get the ball and his only thought is cleaning Boyle out. It's cheating and a red.

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2022, 09:48 AM
I have to admit I still quite like Mikey Stewart. He was a good player for us and hasn’t joined in the worst of the media pileins on us. Generally speaks more sense than most.

Agree

Helensburghhibs
21-08-2022, 09:54 AM
I wonder where the line is between a professional foul and vient conduct. If you have no Intention of playing the ball all you are doing is kicking an opponent,

Dr What If?
21-08-2022, 09:57 AM
BBC getting a bit of kudos for balance here because they are saying that the Rangers penalty was soft.....I am struggling to see how it was even a foul! The touch is so soft and so quick, it was a dive! The panel should be slating the Rangers player for hitting the ground. There is a Miller comment I just don't get either, 'its a foul but not sure if its a penalty'.....well its in the box so if its a foul its a penalty!!!
There is the weight of discussion as well. The first red got a lot of attention, far more than any other incident.....Rangers got a penalty! They scored from it to go in at HT 1-0, that is by far more of a game changing decision.....and it was a shocker.
The second red might not have been ignored and everyone agreed it was the right decision.....but that needed more analysis. It was an absolute shocker and I hope when the suspensions are handed out that this is taken into consideration. That was a deliberate strike to the face of an opponent by a player with a lot of previous.
The conclusion I get from listening to the pundits is that Rangers only got a draw because one red card should have been yellow. The conclusion I get from the highlights is that Hibs were denied a penalty and had a non-penalty awarded against us. In the second half Rangers lost it a bit as Hibs put pressure on them and ended up getting two players sent off. Was the first a red? I've seen plenty of yellows given for similar but I've also seen reds for less....its not that controversial.

JohnM1875
21-08-2022, 09:58 AM
I wonder where the line is between a professional foul and vient conduct. If you have no I te toon of playing the ball all you are doing is kicking an opponent,

Completely agree and I'll never understand the term 'professional foul' they were talking about it on Sportscene as well. It's cheating and it should be a red card every time.

CentreLine
21-08-2022, 09:59 AM
It can only be a good thing that it has been appealed.
It will be checked again and again.
If it is upheld then shhhh rfc.
If it is reversed then the players will have to watch out for similar tackles being legal.

Fully expect his match ban to be extended in the event that the sending off is upheld :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-08-2022, 10:06 AM
Agree

Kind of obvious that he has "been telt " what the rules are though after his Rangers comments.

Dr What If?
21-08-2022, 10:09 AM
There is another conclusion I take from yesterday.....if you are a ref who is going to give a soft decision for Rangers, the media will understand and see why it was given. If you are a ref who is going to give a soft decision against Rangers, it will be a shocker and your competence will be questioned. Referees, you gonna send a Rangers player off it had better be an absolute stone waller with no mitigating circumstances.

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2022, 10:11 AM
Kind of obvious that he has "been telt " what the rules are though after his Rangers comments.

Probably doesn’t want another 9 month ban 😀

Definitely moving away from pro Hibs to more pro Hearts since his return but still calls it as it is in his eyes

Sir David Gray
21-08-2022, 10:12 AM
I wonder where the line is between a professional foul and vient conduct. If you have no Intention of playing the ball all you are doing is kicking an opponent,

Lundstram would have been sent off for serious foul play as opposed to a professional foul, I don't think that term applies within the rules.

The definition of serious foul play is;

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

On the other hand;

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2022, 10:20 AM
Thought the Sheep played well on what was shown

Lovely free kick from the boy Clarkson

Ross Callachan still a thug

Jack Ross already on a shoogly peg as the United fans left in droves at 0-3

JohnM1875
21-08-2022, 10:21 AM
Thought the Sheep played well on what was shown

Lovely free kick from the boy Clarkson

Ross Callachan still a thug

Jack Ross already on a shoogly peg as the United fans left in droves at 0-3

Aye Aberdeen have looked decent from what I've watched this season. That Miovski and the Liverpool lad look like good signings.

hibstag
21-08-2022, 10:25 AM

The beeb seem scared to criticise their new friends in case they upset them again, I though Miller was going to call it out as a professional foul by lunstram where he took one for the team and broke up attack, that he completely mistimed making it dangerous play and a red card offence but no he stuck to the crap refereeing decision narrative..,

Note morelos is a 'frustrated hot head' rather than a thug who had no need to lash out..

JimBHibees
21-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Lundstram would have been sent off for serious foul play as opposed to a professional foul, I don't think that term applies within the rules.

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

On the other hand;

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

The only question Lundstram would be whether it was with excessive force was certainly a high challenge from behind and a bit of a lunge. Very cynical challenge which personally hate.

GreenGray
21-08-2022, 10:41 AM
Probably doesn’t want another 9 month ban [emoji3]

Definitely moving away from pro Hibs to more pro Hearts since his return but still calls it as it is in his eyes

Since his old enemy Levein is no longer at Hearts and his pal Neilson is the manager he won’t say a bad word against them.

I don’t mind him but some of the stuff he’s spraffed since we sacked Ross is laughable.

JimBHibees
21-08-2022, 10:43 AM
Since his old enemy Levein is no longer at Hearts and his pal Neilson is the manager he won’t say a bad word against them.

I don’t mind him but some of the stuff he’s spraffed since we sacked Ross is laughable.

That is it Jobby is one of his mates so going out his way to praise them.

WestCoastHibby
21-08-2022, 10:52 AM
Who cares? Opinions are like “you know what” we’ve all got them . Tbf I don’t mind Michael Stuart but Kenny Miller is a bit of a corn on the cob at times.

WestCoastHibby
21-08-2022, 11:00 AM
Who cares? Opinions are like “you know what” we’ve all got them . Tbf I don’t mind Michael Stuart but Kenny Miller is a bit of a corn on the cob at times.

Musselbound
21-08-2022, 11:06 AM
The beeb seem scared to criticise their new friends in case they upset them again, I though Miller was going to call it out as a professional foul by lunstram where he took one for the team and broke up attack, that he completely mistimed making it dangerous play and a red card offence but no he stuck to the crap refereeing decision narrative..,

Note morelos is a 'frustrated hot head' rather than a thug who had no need to lash out..

Does anyone else really hate this expression 'took one for the team'? We hear it all the time at all levels and it seems to be acceptable. What we are talking about is deliberate and cynical fouling to stop a dangerous attack. Yet I've heard current and ex players say professionals don't deliberately foul, which is a joke.

Stubbsy90+2
21-08-2022, 11:11 AM
Had to laugh at the comments about Lundstram clipping his heels when the footage quite clearly shows a knee high tackle from behind, about 5 yards from the ball.

Clear a red as you’ll ever see.

Stubbsy90+2
21-08-2022, 11:14 AM

Difference being St Mirren finished behind us last season and more than likely will this season. Dundee United finished above us last season and are one of the sides we’ll be looking to overtake this season. They’ve invested heavily and will most likely be expecting top 6.

That’s the bigger picture, rather than St Mirren being above us by a point after 4 games.

21-08-2022, 11:14 AM
Does anyone else really hate this expression 'took one for the team'? We hear it all the time at all levels and it seems to be acceptable. What we are talking about is deliberate and cynical fouling to stop a dangerous attack. Yet I've heard current and ex players say professionals don't deliberately foul, which is a joke.

It spoils the game. In theory 10 players on each side could stop exciting breaks by taking one for the team and render what might have been a high scoring goal fest a 0-0 bore fest instead.

Killiehibbie
21-08-2022, 11:37 AM
It spoils the game. In theory 10 players on each side could stop exciting breaks by taking one for the team and render what might have been a high scoring goal fest a 0-0 bore fest instead.

A bit like Hearts rotational fouling system.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2022, 12:01 PM

Not really, it has been around in football since I started watching, I have no problem with it.

RyeSloan
21-08-2022, 12:03 PM

Yet when your team does it then all seems fine. JDH did one yesterday and I for one was pleased he ‘took one for the team’.

It’s part and parcel of the game, always has been and yet not every game is a 0-0 bore fest.

The only way it will ever not be is if that type of cynical challenge is deemed an auto red. And that’s not gonna happen any time soon I’d suggest.

hibstag
21-08-2022, 12:10 PM

Miller effectively said that the foul was premeditated that in itself makes it a red card offence . They kept talking about JDH tackle but at least he was close to the ball nearly knicking it off the toe. Lunstrum just took out Boyle

Bishop Hibee
21-08-2022, 12:18 PM
The craven apology from the BBC to The Rangers has heralded a new era of fawning towards the bluenoses. Lundstrum’s studs up out of control lunge on Boyle was a stonewall red.

Libby Hibby
21-08-2022, 12:20 PM
There is another conclusion I take from yesterday.....if you are a ref who is going to give a soft decision for Rangers, the media will understand and see why it was given. If you are a ref who is going to give a soft decision against Rangers, it will be a shocker and your competence will be questioned. Referees, you gonna send a Rangers player off it had better be an absolute stone waller with no mitigating circumstances.

Very good point 👍🏻

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2022, 12:24 PM
The craven apology from the BBC to The Rangers has heralded a new era of fawning towards the bluenoses. Lundstrum’s studs up out of control lunge on Boyle was a stonewall red.

It wasn’t an out of control lunge at all, it was a calculated foul to stop the attack, he knew exactly what he was doing. I don’t see all the fuss about it really, it was a yellow card for me.

where'stheslope
21-08-2022, 12:28 PM
It always depends if its taken for your team, if its an opponent then its red every time and criminal!!!

21-08-2022, 12:46 PM
Yet when your team does it then all seems fine. JDH did one yesterday and I for one was pleased he ‘took one for the team’.

It’s part and parcel of the game, always has been and yet not every game is a 0-0 bore fest.

The only way it will ever not be is if that type of cynical challenge is deemed an auto red. And that’s not gonna happen any time soon I’d suggest.

I don't like when Hibs or any team does it. JDH's can be argued he made an attempt to get the ball, Lundstram's I'd say cannot. I don't think it needs to be an auto red. Refs should be allowed to use their judgement and I'd say Lundstram taking down Boyle from behind, kicking him in the knee whilst Boyle was going at speed was endangering an opponent. Red was correct.

Taking one for the team should not be deemed the same punishment, as many pundits suggest, regardless of how it was done i.e. a slight tug of a shirt is no comparison to Lundstram's "tackle" on Boyle.

Libby Hibby
21-08-2022, 12:54 PM
I don't like when Hibs or any team does it. JDH's can be argued he made an attempt to get the ball, Lundstram's I'd say cannot. I don't think it needs to be an auto red. Refs should be allowed to use their judgement and I'd say Lundstram taking down Boyle from behind, kicking him in the knee whilst Boyle was going at speed was endangering an opponent. Red was correct.

Taking one for the team should not be deemed the same punishment, as many pundits suggest, regardless of how it was done i.e. a slight tug of a shirt is no comparison to Lundstram's "tackle" on Boyle.

I agree, I don’t like it but teams always do it to us so why not?

If the ref is going to give red cards for it, hopefully we won’t see it again as it’s bad for the game as a spectacle.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2022, 01:03 PM

On the other hand;

The two in the Ross County v Killie game were absolute shockers, how the hell neither one resulted in a straight red only the ref can explain .. I wish they would.

21-08-2022, 01:04 PM
I agree, I don’t like it but teams always do it to us so why not?

If the ref is going to give red cards for it, hopefully we won’t see it again as it’s bad for the game as a spectacle.

I agree that we have to do it too because all or most others do. Still don't like it though and if there's a chance some might be deemed red then it might make players think twice. If Lunstram's is downgraded after an appeal then it could be open season on that sort of tackle.

ancient hibee
21-08-2022, 01:04 PM
It wasn’t an out of control lunge at all, it was a calculated foul to stop the attack, he knew exactly what he was doing. I don’t see all the fuss about it really, it was a yellow card for me.

And if Boyle going at his pace had burst his knee ligaments? He had no idea how the tackle would effect our player so Boyle was endangered-therefore red card.

Since452
21-08-2022, 01:08 PM
It was an unsporting and potentially dangerous foul by Lundstram. Boyle was moving at pace and the "tackle" was high. We're just fortunate it didn't cause an injury. Idiotic by the boy. Stonewall red.

The_Sauz
21-08-2022, 01:12 PM
If that was true, then please explain why he needed to lunge in from the back whith his foot so high around Boyle's knee? Why not just clip his heel?

RyeSloan
21-08-2022, 01:16 PM

To be fair to Collum (yeah I know I know) it defo looked worse live at the game than it looks on TV.

But I don’t think there would have been any great surprise if he had given a yellow as that’s the standard punishment for such things.

In this case though as I said above at the game it did look pretty aggressive and dangerous so despite what the pundits are saying I understand why the red came out.

The_Sauz
21-08-2022, 01:21 PM
If you look at most of the bad desicions made yesterday, they were made by FIFA classed officals :agree:

Kato
21-08-2022, 01:38 PM
Miller effectively said that the foul was premeditated that in itself makes it a red card offence . They kept talking about JDH tackle but at least he was close to the ball nearly knicking it off the toe. Lunstrum just took out BoyleExactly. MOTD pundits just keep it short and sweet, foul or no foul/yellow or red and are much more involved with talking about the skills shown in most games. The convulted, linguistic contortions Scottish pundits twist themselves into are funny but do our game an injustice.

The seem to know what the player was thinking, what he meant to do, ignore the force/height of a tackle and circumstances to suit themselves, know exactly what the ref has seen and bend the interpretation of the laws so it becomes comical.

Hibs first goal was one of the best passages of play in Britain yesterday and all they can talk about is the Rangers players shoulda, woulda, coulda. Like the Rangers second goal you just have to give the attacking team some credit sometimes but it's pulling teeth with that lot. Sweet to hear it really, shoes they are spewing.

poolman
21-08-2022, 01:49 PM
Exactly. MOTD pundits just keep it short and sweet, foul or no foul/yellow or red and are much more involved with talking about the skills shown in most games. The convulted, linguistic contortions Scottish pundits twist themselves into are funny but do our game an injustice.

The seem to know what the player was thinking, what he meant to do, ignore the force/height of a tackle and circumstances to suit themselves, know exactly what the ref has seen and bend the interpretation of the laws so it becomes comical.

Hibs first goal was one of the best passages of play in Britain yesterday and all the can talk about is the Rangers players shoulda, woulda, coulda. Like the Rangers second goal you just have to give the attacking team some credit sometimes but it's pulling teeth with that lot. Sweet to hear it really, shoes they are spewing.

Re Hibs 1st goal yesterday, I think it was Tavarnier who came out and said " we lost a sloppy goal at the start of the second half "

Sloppy 🤣

Kato
21-08-2022, 01:58 PM
Re Hibs 1st goal yesterday, I think it was Tavarnier who came out and said " we lost a sloppy goal at the start of the second half "

Sloppy [emoji1787]Sharp and crisp, bing bang goal. Rangers second was the same really, hard to defend against and a well worked goal but even pundits have a hard time with giving credit.

21-08-2022, 02:05 PM

Sloppy 🤣

That's one straight out of the Levein playbook, after the Natural Order Derby.

hibsbollah
21-08-2022, 02:13 PM
Exactly. MOTD pundits just keep it short and sweet, foul or no foul/yellow or red and are much more involved with talking about the skills shown in most games. The convulted, linguistic contortions Scottish pundits twist themselves into are funny but do our game an injustice.

Hibs first goal was one of the best passages of play in Britain yesterday and all they can talk about is the Rangers players shoulda, woulda, coulda. Like the Rangers second goal you just have to give the attacking team some credit sometimes but it's pulling teeth with that lot. Sweet to hear it really, shoes they are spewing.

:agree: The BBC team would love this, a surgical analysis of Carlos Alberto's famous goal against Italy in the 1970 World Cup final. It manages to partly blame the Italians for not defending it properly.

Analysing Carlos Alberto’s 1970 goal | THE RISING BALL (https://risingball.com/analysing-carlos-albertos-1970-world-cup-final-goal/)

'Burgnich was shocking there, he needs to get closer to Pele' opines Willie Miller, 'yeah, really poor, schoolboy stuff' adds Michael Stewart.

SChibs
21-08-2022, 06:38 PM
Ricky Foster talks absolute nonsense.

Billy Whizz
21-08-2022, 06:51 PM

Keeps saying Celic

Alfred E Newman
21-08-2022, 06:54 PM
:agree: The BBC team would love this, a surgical analysis of Carlos Alberto's famous goal against Italy in the 1970 World Cup final. It manages to partly blame the Italians for not defending it properly.

Analysing Carlos Alberto’s 1970 goal | THE RISING BALL (https://risingball.com/analysing-carlos-albertos-1970-world-cup-final-goal/)

'Burgnich was shocking there, he needs to get closer to Pele' opines Willie Miller, 'yeah, really poor, schoolboy stuff' adds Michael Stewart.

“ the keeper will be disappointed with that as well, he’ll feel he could have done better”

21-08-2022, 06:55 PM

Didn't see it but it doesn't surprise me. Talks p**h most of the time.

Fritz
21-08-2022, 07:07 PM
Foster insinuating that Boyle made a meal of the Lundstram foul! Unbelievable!

eastterrace
21-08-2022, 07:10 PM
How bad were those fouls by Ross county both could have been leg breakers but only yellow card, unreal decision.

bringbackbenny
21-08-2022, 07:10 PM

Another apologist talking keech. According to Foster Boyles heels had a wee clip and he shouldn't have made such a meal of it. 30 seconds before they froze frame on his knee getting banjoed 😅

21-08-2022, 07:18 PM
How bad were those fouls by Ross county both could have been leg breakers but only yellow card, unreal decision.

Agree. They were much worse than Lundstram's which unfortunately Rangers will no doubt use in their appeal. Would be good if it just got them both upgraded to reds (don't even know if the compliance officer looks at yellows whjch should've been red) and Lundstram's stood.

Bostonhibby
21-08-2022, 07:21 PM
Keeps saying CelicEveryone knows it's celtc, don't think they ever omitted the T. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Ryan91
21-08-2022, 08:39 PM
Agree. They were much worse than Lundstram's which unfortunately Rangers will no doubt use in their appeal. Would be good if it just got them both upgraded to reds (don't even know if the compliance officer looks at yellows whjch should've been red) and Lundstram's stood.

I've always been under the impression that if a referee books a player, the matter is considered to be settled and that no further action can be taken unless it is a case of a mistaken identity.

Whilst we are on the subject of the compliance officer, will Colak's swan dive get a look at, could he possibly be banned for simulation?

21-08-2022, 08:46 PM
I've always been under the impression that if a referee books a player, the matter is considered to be settled and that no further action can be taken unless it is a case of a mistaken identity.

Whilst we are on the subject of the compliance officer, will Colak's swan dive get a look at, could he possibly be banned for simulation?

Yeah, I think you're right but I think in exceptional circumstances it might be possible to change yellows to reds, may need the ref to admit to him making an error. Both the Ross County ones were exceptional bad tackles. Callachan got a 2nd yellow later but a straight red might be and extra game ban.

I think we all know the answer to the Colak question. 🤔

Aldo
21-08-2022, 08:59 PM
Another apologist talking keech. According to Foster Boyles heels had a wee clip and he shouldn't have made such a meal of it. 30 seconds before they froze frame on his knee getting banjoed [emoji28]

There you ****ing go! So it’s now Boyles fault for running too fast and getting blootered from behind by an opponent.

If that had been Porteous they’d have him hung drawn and quartered!

Get this idiot tae ****!

DIXIHIBS
21-08-2022, 09:16 PM

Shocking comments from Foster. Its was that Martin Boyle and other hibs players that got Lundstram sent off....not the dirty hun who commited the foul. Their lack of awareness of anything outside the old firm is embarrassing.

loanheadhibby
21-08-2022, 09:20 PM
Had to laugh at the comments about Lundstram clipping his heels when the footage quite clearly shows a knee high tackle from behind, about 5 yards from the ball.

Clear a red as you’ll ever see.
It was a yellow which is what you'd be saying if it was one of our players like JDH.

Eyrie
21-08-2022, 09:56 PM
It was a yellow which is what you'd be saying if it was one of our players like JDH.

Two very similar tackles, neither with any chance of getting the ball and both fully intent on bringing down the opponent before he could cross half way.

Both should be red but those are normally given as yellow.

greenlex
21-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Two very similar tackles, neither with any chance of getting the ball and both fully intent on bringing down the opponent before he could cross half way.

Both should be red but those are normally given as yellow.
JDH had a chance of getting the ball was low with no studs showing not endangering his opponent. The other was high reckless no chance of getting the ball and did endanger bus opponent. High cards are absolutely spot on. Ive only seen the yellow from Callaghan’s challenge that should have been a red. Two reds if there was such a thing.

Stevie Reid
21-08-2022, 11:28 PM

Foster is a smug wee prick, and a terrible pundit. An arrogant, condescending tone to everything he says. His comments about Boyle were absolutely shocking, and condemning the Hibs players for surrounding the referee when Rangers do that all the time is an absolute joke.

Thankfully, having just seen the end of Sportscene, they’ve just announced that that was his last appearance on the show.

SideBurns
22-08-2022, 12:21 AM
Tbf, before the bitter Hun Foster starts his slavering, Jonathan Sutherland makes a good point about Collum's positioning for Lundstram's red (I think it's a good point as it's the same one I made 😆). He'd have seen Lundstram's studs in the back of Boyler's leg, and from that perspective it's a sending off. Sutherland suggested VAR may have given Collum the opportunity to change it to a yellow and I think that's likely (though it's one of those that's open to interpretation).

Foster completely ignored Sutherland's argument, in his anxiety to demonise Boyle and the Hibs players who reacted to the foul.

gbhibby
22-08-2022, 08:32 AM
Foster is a smug wee prick, and a terrible pundit. An arrogant, condescending tone to everything he says. His comments about Boyle were absolutely shocking, and condemning the Hibs players for surrounding the referee when Rangers do that all the time is an absolute joke.

Thankfully, having just seen the end of Sportscene, they’ve just announced that that was his last appearance on the show.
I think he is off to the states

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2022, 08:41 AM

If those comments don't make you understand that there is an agenda at play in the media then nothing will.

Hibs should be defending their player and calling this ***** out.

JimBHibees
22-08-2022, 08:51 AM

Probably understandable if you had to listen to Amy McDonald songs all day. :greengrin Boyle is no more a diver than Kent Furahashi Jota Morelos or Boyce but difference is none of the others ever get called out for it. Easy target.

hibsbollah
22-08-2022, 08:52 AM
I've just watched the Richard Foster segment. Absolutely ridiculous. How he can point the finger at Boyle for play acting and our players for complaining about that tackle is beyond me. As said above, if you don't see there's an agenda at play in the media with these pundits you cant see anything.

hibbydad
22-08-2022, 08:54 AM
I think he is off to the states
Can't be far enough away

Heisenberg
22-08-2022, 08:56 AM
I've just watched the Richard Foster segment. Absolutely ridiculous. How he can point the finger at Boyle for play acting and our players for complaining about that tackle is beyond me. As said above, if you don't see there's an agenda at play in the media with these pundits you cant see anything.

It’s crazy. If Porteous makes that challenge you can guarantee Foster would be talking about it differently.

bringbackbenny
22-08-2022, 09:02 AM

He called it a clip of the heels, 30 seconds before there was a freeze frame of Boyle's knee getting chopped from behind.

hibsbollah
22-08-2022, 09:05 AM
It’s crazy. If Porteous makes that challenge you can guarantee Foster would be talking about it differently.

Its getting to the stage where im going to stop watching it and stick to podcasts and the internet after i go to the games. Sportscene is pointless if youre a Hibby, kind of like watching GB News if you're left wing.

Bushwoof
22-08-2022, 09:05 AM
According to Douglas Alexander in the Times, "Lundstram received a straight red for ... a cynical and violent tackle on Boyle". That's good enough for me.

J-C
22-08-2022, 09:06 AM
Trippier(apt name) got his challenge changed on the park from red to yellow in an almost identical tackle to Lundstrum's.

Real Emerald
22-08-2022, 09:11 AM

They definitely have an agenda against Hibs, no balance whatsoever on the Sunday show. Boyle being demonised for rolling about after a lunge into the back of him but no mention of the blatant simulation for their non penalty. Also no mention of the Hibs penalty that wasn’t given. At least Michael Stewart tries to give a balanced analysis.

The_Sauz
22-08-2022, 09:11 AM
The sportscene pundits have been having a go at Martin for years for diving :agree:
As for Richard Foster moaning about Hibs players chasing the ref, he forgets that he has played for the 2 teams that are famous for hunting down referees after a foul....The Rangers & Aberdeen

PPZPOL
22-08-2022, 09:37 AM
Trippier(apt name) got his challenge changed on the park from red to yellow in an almost identical tackle to Lundstrum's.

I don’t see the two as being that similar, he was coming in from the side rather than from behind (still a red imo). Lundstram was just a blatant kick at someone from behind with no ball even close to him. Just taking someone out with no attempt to get the ball should be a red. Boyle has been chopped down like that for seasons and folk get away with yellows all the time. It’s a horrible “tackle”.

PPZPOL
22-08-2022, 09:50 AM
And also….Miller saying it is “a shame” for Morelos as he is just getting back to some kind of fitness and game time. A shame? What does that even mean? A shame that he has violently swung his arm into our left backs face? Next they’ll be saying it was “unfortunate” there was someone in the way of his arm.

Heisenberg
22-08-2022, 10:02 AM
Scott Allan trying to get back into the hun good books? What the ****s he talking about? Morelos one especially. Nothing to do with his reputation Scotty, it’s violent conduct and a clear red card.

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1561654222168510464?s=21&t=KJPq-NtW27W9dqjnuK3gEQ

Mantis Toboggan
22-08-2022, 10:10 AM
With Rangers it seems like it goes beyond a win at all costs mentality to a be in the right at all costs mentality. Regardless of the reality. Can't think of any other way to explain garbage of the sort that Foster comes out with

I'm Spartacus
22-08-2022, 10:20 AM
Scott Allan trying to get back into the hun good books? What the ****s he talking about? Morelos one especially. Nothing to do with his reputation Scotty, it’s violent conduct and a clear red card.

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1561654222168510464?s=21&t=KJPq-NtW27W9dqjnuK3gEQ

It's like he's reading an Old Firm script, what a plum.

Why can't he say:
1. "Rocky stands firm defending his space"
2. "Lundstrum lunges from behind"
3. "There's a clear arm across the face, he tries the first time and fails so goes again, straight red"

wookie70
22-08-2022, 10:23 AM

At least he isn't a current player. McGeady was pretty hard on Rocky saying he didn't know what he was up to and it was a definite pen. I don't think current players should be on panels where their employers are playing.

hibsbollah
22-08-2022, 10:24 AM
At least he isn't a current player. McGeady was pretty hard on Rocky saying he didn't know what he was up to and it was a definite pen. I don't think current players should be on panels where their employers are playing.

I was really disappointed in McGeady. I wonder what his teammates thought.

Zambernardi1875
22-08-2022, 12:52 PM
Watching the game back on sky, do they have the microphones sitting beside the away end? Because at the game I hardly heard rangers sing

grunt
22-08-2022, 12:54 PM
Rangers appeal Lundstram red card.

WhileTheChief..
22-08-2022, 01:00 PM

What’s the media’s agenda?

is it to knock Hibs or to support Rangers?

What does Richard Foster or the BBC gain from being part of this ‘agenda’?

FilipinoHibs
22-08-2022, 01:13 PM
Its getting to the stage where im going to stop watching it and stick to podcasts and the internet after i go to the games. Sportscene is pointless if youre a Hibby, kind of like watching GB News if you're left wing.

I recommend it. It is much better for your mental health.

FilipinoHibs
22-08-2022, 01:15 PM
And also….Miller saying it is “a shame” for Morelos as he is just getting back to some kind of fitness and game time. A shame? What does that even mean? A shame that he has violently swung his arm into our left backs face? Next they’ll be saying it was “unfortunate” there was someone in the way of his arm.

He looks like a wee fat fud with a neds haircut. Back to fitness!

Ringothedog
22-08-2022, 01:16 PM

There may not be a agenda but the BBC presenters and guests on both the
radio and television regularly make snide comments about our club and can barely hide their contempt for us. The issue we have is that they all support clubs that are our rivals and rightly or wrongly they can’t help themselves from being biased in one way or another. They love trying to be controversial as it makes them feel big when in effect they come across as petty and pathetic, in particular to Hibs supporters. This pisses a lot of us off especially as we pay their wages/fees.

DIXIHIBS
22-08-2022, 01:19 PM

They pander to their audience. There are 10X as many huns as hibbies so who is their main audience? They dont give a ***** if hibs fans stop watching but they've just crawled back into bed with the huns so i think they have a clear agenda.

22-08-2022, 11:12 PM
They pander to their audience. There are 10X as many huns as hibbies so who is their main audience? They dont give a ***** if hibs fans stop watching but they've just crawled back into bed with the huns so i think they have a clear agenda.

Exactly. They pander to Rangers and Celtic but don't wish to look completely namby pamby so they give it tight to Hibs and Hearts.

It's the same as the refs, mostly from the west and don't want the hassle when they're out and about.

The_Sauz
23-08-2022, 07:08 AM
Found this little article about "Tackle from behind"

Yellow Card
When a player is penalized for tackling from behind, they are at risk of being cautioned for their actions. The referee will assess what they have seen and decide on the appropriate course of action.

There are several reasons a player could be shown a yellow card and cautioned following a tackle from behind. These reasons include:

A player committing a direct free kick offense in a reckless manner
A player committing a foul which interferes with or stops a promising attack
or a player denying an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by an offense which was an attempt to play the ball [source]
To discover more about when a yellow card is shown to a soccer player, check out my complete guide to yellow cards in soccer here.

Red Card
In an extreme circumstance, a player may be shown a red card by the referee for tackling from behind and be forced to leave the field.

The reasons a player may be shown a red card for a tackle from behind are:

If they are denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender’s goal by an offense punishable by a free-kick
Or serious foul play such as when a player lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent. [source] The International Football Association Board (IFAB)

The bit in bold text is how I think Willie Collum saw it, and he would be right:agree:

RyeSloan
23-08-2022, 10:23 AM
Found this little article about "Tackle from behind"

Yellow Card
When a player is penalized for tackling from behind, they are at risk of being cautioned for their actions. The referee will assess what they have seen and decide on the appropriate course of action.

There are several reasons a player could be shown a yellow card and cautioned following a tackle from behind. These reasons include:

A player committing a direct free kick offense in a reckless manner
A player committing a foul which interferes with or stops a promising attack
or a player denying an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by an offense which was an attempt to play the ball [source]
To discover more about when a yellow card is shown to a soccer player, check out my complete guide to yellow cards in soccer here.

Red Card
In an extreme circumstance, a player may be shown a red card by the referee for tackling from behind and be forced to leave the field.

The reasons a player may be shown a red card for a tackle from behind are:

If they are denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender’s goal by an offense punishable by a free-kick
Or serious foul play such as when a player lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent. [source] The International Football Association Board (IFAB)

The bit in bold text is how I think Willie Collum saw it, and he would be right:agree:

The ref at the Ross County needs to read these rules! Wow those were some tackles to only get a yellow for.

Surely the Compliance Officer thing is there to deal with those and both should get retro reds.

Scotty Leither
23-08-2022, 10:37 AM
Stewart said something along the lines of “Morelos has swung his arm because he’s frustrated at not starting games”, or some such *****, not that he’s a petulant loose cannon who would have 3x the cards/suspensions if he played for anyone outside the OF.

The amount of revisionist @rse kissing that BBC Shortbread reverts to where that mob are concerned is nauseating.

Cat Stanton
23-08-2022, 10:47 AM
Watching the game back on sky, do they have the microphones sitting beside the away end? Because at the game I hardly heard rangers sing

No, they sang loudly throughout. I particularly remember:

"Who's the Fenian in the black?" (after first red card)

"The cry was No Surrender"

"Up to our knees in Fenian Blood" (Billy Boys)

and their version of the Fields of Athenry which also has ****-all to do with football.

Welcome to the Middle Ages.

CentreLine
23-08-2022, 10:53 AM
It was all going so well in the first half. They seemed to have a new song book, which I couldn’t make out the words of but no obvious sectarian singing. But then it all went back to the old song book in the second half for them.

I don’t want to start another flag debate but I was pleased to see the absence of any Irish tricolours in our support.

jacomo
23-08-2022, 10:58 AM
its getting to the stage where im going to stop watching it and stick to podcasts and the internet after i go to the games. Sportscene is pointless if youre a hibby, kind of like watching gb news if you're a rational human being.

ftfy.

Northernhibee
23-08-2022, 11:40 AM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1561679543085240320

Say what you like about Sportsound, but this is ridiculous. JDH’s studs down ground level challenge worse than Lundstram, clear penalty for Rangers, not a penalty for us. The one who wasn’t the ref almost making excuses for Morelos.

laughable.

Hibernian Verse
23-08-2022, 11:42 AM

Say what you like about Sportsound, but this is ridiculous. JDH’s studs down ground level challenge worse than Lundstram, clear penalty for Rangers, not a penalty for us. The one who wasn’t the ref almost making excuses for Morelos.

laughable.

I thought JDH was worse too personally.

Chorley Hibee
23-08-2022, 01:44 PM

laughable.

Quite incredible that they can keep a straight face whilst saying the Rangers one is a penalty and the Hibs one isn't.

speedy_gonzales
04-09-2022, 12:47 AM
You have to hand it to the editors on Sportscene. Caught the highlights late on tonight, just before Boyle is taken down for the free kick/opening goal the cameras cut to our bench. There in the background is Čabraja putting ice on his ankle.
This was 50+ minutes before he was actually subbed.
Clearly their timeline isn't linear?

Hibrandenburg
04-09-2022, 08:38 AM
Should retitle the thread Weedgiescene.

Eyrie
04-09-2022, 09:15 AM
You have to hand it to the editors on Sportscene. Caught the highlights late on tonight, just before Boyle is taken down for the free kick/opening goal the cameras cut to our bench. There in the background is Čabraja putting ice on his ankle.
This was 50+ minutes before he was actually subbed.
Clearly their timeline isn't linear?

I watched the highlights this morning and decided I must have imagined him sitting there, but I now know it did happen.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 09:17 AM
I watched the highlights this morning and decided I must have imagined him sitting there, but I now know it did happen.

Cabraja is so quick he can actually go forward in time.

Ryan91
04-09-2022, 09:22 AM
Notice they didn't highlight Lafferty's elbow on Cadden. Also what a pathetic attempt by Lafferty to try to make out he'd been elbowed by Porteous

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 09:25 AM
Notice they didn't highlight Lafferty's elbow on Cadden. Also what a pathetic attempt by Lafferty to try to make out he'd been elbowed by Porteous

Leeanne Chrichton was bizarrely trying to defend Lafferty yesterday, even Biscuits was having to admit there was no contact with his face and it was ‘embarrassing rolling around’. If Porto was doing that I don’t doubt it would have been showed on the highlights and someone would recommend reporting him to Rwanda or Xinjiang or something.

BoomtownHibees
04-09-2022, 09:27 AM

I don’t think he elbowed Cadden. Looked like he threw him to the ground

Tyler Durden
04-09-2022, 09:32 AM
Neil McCann said that you can see why Derek McInness was pleased as Killie were comfortable. This is while the footage shows a montage of Hibs missing 5 or 6 excellent chances.

Nothing positive about Hibs in their comments. The main take away was that it was a great week for Kilmarnock.

JimBHibees
04-09-2022, 09:41 AM
Neil McCann said that you can see why Derek McInness was pleased as Killie were comfortable. This is while the footage shows a montage of Hibs missing 5 or 6 excellent chances.

Nothing positive about Hibs in their comments. The main take away was that it was a great week for Kilmarnock.

So what he was saying was that it would have felt like a win for Killie :greengrin

The coverage in this country is laughable with a lot of the analysis based on whether the team is managed by one of their mates or not.

heretoday
04-09-2022, 09:48 AM
Leeanne Chrichton was bizarrely trying to defend Lafferty yesterday, even Biscuits was having to admit there was no contact with his face and it was ‘embarrassing rolling around’. If Porto was doing that I don’t doubt it would have been showed on the highlights and someone would recommend reporting him to Rwanda or Xinjiang or something.

She did say they were like a couple of pantomime villains which was quite amusing.
I think she's better than most of the pundits.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 09:53 AM
She did say they were like a couple of pantomime villains which was quite amusing.

I’m just grumpy but that comment annoyed me as well :greengrin The mass chuckling from all the other presenters felt like lots of unfunny guys in the pub laughing at their own crap jokes.

I should really stop listening to it for my mental fortitude.

Tyler Durden
04-09-2022, 09:55 AM
So what he was saying was that it would have felt like a win for Killie :greengrin

The coverage in this country is laughable with a lot of the analysis based on whether the team is managed by one of their mates or not.

Yep, it revolves around the managers and also “were there any possible red cards we can flag?”

A proper analysis might have focused on the fact that Hibs continue to have lots of possession and shots but converting very few. Or maybe that we’ve had a poor start but could still find ourselves 3rd by 5pm on Saturday.

But nah it’s “well done Derek McInnes”.

spudhib
04-09-2022, 09:55 AM
Think the fact they showed a nil nil before our highlights which were on last tells you all you need to know.

Lago
04-09-2022, 10:01 AM
It's just a very low cost amateur production.

JimBHibees
04-09-2022, 10:04 AM

Honestly don't think she is struggle to see any great analysis beyond trying to say so much without saying anything imo.

Real Emerald
04-09-2022, 10:16 AM
Think the fact they showed a nil nil before our highlights which were on last tells you all you need to know.

Hibs are on last every week apart from when we play bigot brothers or the darling Jambos. The producer is a Jambo I believe and I think there is great delight that they can edit Hibs games to show it their way and comically put us on last every week.

Children eh?

vuefrom1875
04-09-2022, 10:21 AM

Bunch of inarticlated morons.

soul_driver
04-09-2022, 11:14 AM
What's the alternative though? As far as I can see no highlights available anywhere else yet.

Callum_62
04-09-2022, 12:18 PM
Did anyone see any analysis of Goldsons tackle or elbow?

easty
04-09-2022, 12:24 PM
What's the alternative though? As far as I can see no highlights available anywhere else yet.

Highlights are available on sky

Iain G
04-09-2022, 12:29 PM
Honestly don't think she is struggle to see any great analysis beyond trying to say so much without saying anything imo.

She is just another ex footballer empty vessel rattling around on Sportsound trying to make the most noise. It's why Michael Stewart can appear so informed in that he at least has a view he can articulate compared to the dafties he works with.

Aldo
04-09-2022, 01:15 PM
Does any of this actually surprise anyone? They’ve been at it for years on both the telly and radio with their anti Hibs biased/agenda!

Call me bitter etc but from what I’m reading it’s clear it’s still very evident!

soul_driver
04-09-2022, 03:05 PM
Highlights are available on sky

Thanks. Even shorter than Sportscene unfortunately.

lapsedhibee
04-09-2022, 03:13 PM
Did anyone see any analysis of Goldsons tackle or elbow?

Not a peep. Seems to be the party line, judging by the last few weeks, that anyone who gets an opportunity, like Goldson, to cynically hack down an opponent and doesn't do it is letting his team down.

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2022, 04:31 PM
The whole thing needs a massive revamp. The production is like something out of the 1970s ... it's dark, dingy and lacks any spark, with the exception of Michael Stewart the pundits and guests are a bloody personality vacuum, notwithstanding Marvin Bartley who should be on far more often. As for Thompson, how in the name of the wee man did he ever get the gig, he's so bloody well groomed it's annoying and that's even before he opens his gob to spout a pile o' pish.

The presenters on ALBA are far more interesting and I don't even speak sodding gaelic ...... Ahoon nyonny aside :greengrin

hibeejeebies
04-09-2022, 06:33 PM
It's just a very low cost amateur production.

Is it just me or do they add the commentary to the games in post-production? It always sounds a bit phoney.

Since452
04-09-2022, 06:40 PM
Is it just me or do they add the commentary to the games in post-production? It always sounds a bit phoney.

That's exactly what they do.

gbhibby
04-09-2022, 06:47 PM
I watch it on Iplayer or SkyQ and fast forward it through the analysis otherwise I might throw something at the TV.

hibsbollah
04-09-2022, 07:28 PM

MOTD do it too, but it’s just more professionally done and less obvious. It’s not post production commentary itself that’s the problem.

Alex Trager
04-09-2022, 07:59 PM

Match of the day sometimes do that as well. Or they used to.

There a massive lack of investment in the Scottish game and when compared to the coverage down south, on both sky and BBC, it really shows.

Shame really, because they do a good job of talking it up and getting folk engaged down the road. More money on the pitch and in the media would perhaps improve the quality and interest

Orchard_Hibs
05-09-2022, 06:19 PM

Yeah I think this just shows how terrible this program actually is

Jones28
05-09-2022, 09:33 PM
I’ve completely given up on sportscene. The commentary-free highlights on YouTube are worth the wait until Monday or so when they’re posted.

And the alternate angle camera we have on the go at the moment is excellent.

AltheHibby
06-09-2022, 08:07 AM

It hasn't just happened in football. I recall that the British Touring Car commentary used to be recorded by the legendary Murray Walker who who stand and commentate on a recording of the full races.

Oh for commentators of his and Bill McLaren's quality.

JohnM1875
18-09-2022, 10:41 AM
Just finished watching it and they really don't like to give us any praise at all these days eh?

Stewart is a total fud these days as well. Prick.

Kavinho
18-09-2022, 10:42 AM
Have to say I agree with that!

A grudging half compliment in there somewhere!

Lago
18-09-2022, 10:42 AM
Just finished watching it and they really don't like to give us any praise at all these days eh?

Stewart is a total fud these days as well. Prick.
Totally agree

Neily1982
18-09-2022, 10:47 AM
Totally agree

They seem to be bitter we went with Johnson and not one of the older experience SPL managers and don’t seem to like the gib of Ron Gordon much

SideBurns
18-09-2022, 10:49 AM
They showed the first-half handball, but no mention in the analysis of that - just on and on about how the one we did get being a liberty. And what about the other handball at the end, when their defender fell on the ball and grabbed it? Linesman standing watching it but did nowt, free-kick to Dons awarded by the ref. Nae footage of that in either thr highlights or studio analysis!!

DinkyTwo
18-09-2022, 05:20 PM
Feel that the narrative around Hibs right now is bordering on ridiculous. 25 shots and a 3-1 victory, yet nobody can muster up a single positive thing to say about us.

We don't have an identity, our players are cheats and we have way too many strikers was about as much airtime as we got yesterday

There has been a lot of red cards against our opposition, but maybe that's also indicative of the style of play we have this season. We're creating a lot of chances and getting ourselves into dangerous positions that, if defenders don't get spot it on, will give the referee a decision to make.

For balance though, we had two(?) handball decisions missed yesterday, a penalty against Rangers and their penalty shouldn't have been awarded. Where's the analysis on that?

JohnM1875
18-09-2022, 05:27 PM
Feel that the narrative around Hibs right now is bordering on ridiculous. 25 shots and a 3-1 victory, yet nobody can muster up a single positive thing to say about us.

We don't have an identity, our players are cheats and we have way too many strikers was about as much airtime as we got yesterday

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Totally.

Bet they have an absolute jizzfest over Hearts win today as well. They'll mention that Hearts are by a distance the third best team in the country right now blah blah blah.

Sick of it! 😂

mjhibby
18-09-2022, 05:55 PM
Totally.

Bet they have an absolute jizzfest over Hearts win today as well. They'll mention that Hearts are by a distance the third best team in the country right now blah blah blah.

Sick of it! 😂

The stats of the hearts game are unreal well 25 shots to hearts 10. Certainly a game where the score did not reflect the game.

DinkyTwo
18-09-2022, 06:43 PM
The stats of the hearts game are unreal well 25 shots to hearts 10. Certainly a game where the score did not reflect the game.Caught a bit on the radio and Motherwell seemed well on top. Paul McGinn hitting the post at an open goal and then they had another chopped off for offside at 2-0

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Squealing pig
18-09-2022, 07:01 PM
Showing a nil - nil before our demolition of the sheep

loanheadhibby
18-09-2022, 07:42 PM
Totally.

Sick of it! 😂
Do you really think Sportscene favour Hearts over Hibs?
It's pretty sad if you do.

BT58
18-09-2022, 08:25 PM
They cant wait to say weve got points through other teams getting red cards. Ffs its refs who give red cards, not HFC. Once VAR comes in then hopefully there crap will stop. But then again i doubt it. I used to think Stewart was a good guy but hes coming across as an effing fud !!!
B

Jim44
18-09-2022, 08:57 PM
They cant wait to say weve got points through other teams getting red cards. Ffs its refs who give red cards, not HFC. Once VAR comes in then hopefully there crap will stop. But then again i doubt it. I used to think Stewart was a good guy but hes coming across as an effing fud !!!
B

He’s increasingly becoming aware of touting controversy in order to keep ahead of the game in Scottish football punditry. There’s no future in being Mr Honest and Sensible, especially if you have anything positive or complimentary to say about Hibs, the blacksheep target of the BBC sports team. The only real pro Hibs pundit in recent times was Pat Nevin but he didn’t last long. I don’t know if he got the bullet because of his failure to side with BBC policy or whether he saw through them and thought, ‘Sod it I’m out of here!’

basehibby
18-09-2022, 09:22 PM
Very bizzare detachment between the BBC Sports team and reality with respect to Hibs. There is a reason that teams are consistently getting players sent off against us and that we are consistently seeing 25 attempts on goal most matches - it's called pace and flair. They should be gushing with enthusiasm but all you get is embittered one sided drivel. Did Big Ron piss in their F-ing cornflakes? The shower of muppets!

JohnM1875
18-09-2022, 09:52 PM

:aok:

patlowe
18-09-2022, 10:12 PM
Hearts and Aberdeen are overly represented in terms of ex-players/known supporters on the BBC so do tend to get more focus and an easier ride IMO, though it can go the other way.

In Hibs' case this season it's nothing orchestrated, I just think we are probably the victims of the need for the media to have a clear and settled narrative, ie Hibs are in chaos and the chair is rash and doesn't get Scottish football. And when evidence calls that narrative into question it is easier (and less work) to seek mitigating circumstances rather than acknowledge this. I guess it's just up to Hibs to prove them wrong by winning games and getting up the table.

If there was more of a focus on analysis, rather than personalities and controversy, it wouldn't be hard to see that this Hibs team is a lot more exciting and creative than anything served up under JR and Maloney. Granted, the squad is too big and some of the recruitment and results have been patchy, but the progress on the pitch is there. But that would be far too nuanced to bother with - stick to the easy narrative.

matty_f
18-09-2022, 10:23 PM
Hearts and Aberdeen are overly represented in terms of ex-players/known supporters on the BBC so do tend to get more focus and an easier ride IMO, though it can go the other way.

In Hibs' case this season it's nothing orchestrated, I just think we are probably the victims of the need for the media to have a clear and settled narrative, ie Hibs are in chaos and the chair is rash and doesn't get Scottish football. And when evidence calls that narrative into question it is easier (and less work) to seek mitigating circumstances rather than acknowledge this. I guess it's just up to Hibs to prove them wrong by winning games and getting up the table.

If there was more of a focus on analysis, rather than personalities and controversy, it wouldn't be hard to see that this Hibs team is a lot more exciting and creative than anything served up under JR and Maloney. Granted, the squad is too big and some of the recruitment and results have been patchy, but the progress on the pitch is there. But that would be far too nuanced to bother with - stick to the easy narrative.

I agree with this, Hibs need to get some proper representation in the media. The BBC would probably argue that Stewart and Kenny Millar are both ex-Hibs, i suppose but they’re not “Hibs men” in the way that Willie Miller is an Aberdeen man etc

Davy Mac
18-09-2022, 10:34 PM

They do in my opinion and it runs much deeper that that.

Scottish fitba is full of bigots, I know a number of officals and they are blue as they come, we are not welcome at the table.

I've sat in many a dinner/function/gathering and lets just say they're not toasting the pope thats for sure and rightly or wrongly we are looked upon as the same as Celtic - fact.

Scotty Leither
18-09-2022, 10:36 PM
Stewart has had the petted lip with Hibs ever since he was an unused sub in the 2007 LC Final and a 19-year-old laddie called Stevenson got picked in front of him.

He had a face like a smacked @rse in the post-match photos and treated the club disrespectfully. Used to think he was a lone voice of sanity and intelligence amongst a bunch of weegie-centric pygmies, but now he's reverting to the editorial line of the rest of them with their skewed "analysis" of all things Hibs.

loanheadhibby
18-09-2022, 10:51 PM
They do in my opinion and it runs much deeper that that.

Scottish fitba is full of bigots, I know a number of officals and they are blue as they come, we are not welcome at the table.

I've sat in many a dinner/function/gathering and lets just say they're not toasting the pope thats for sure and rightly or wrongly we are looked upon as the same as Celtic - fact.

Wow that's pretty sad if you think that.

hibsbollah
18-09-2022, 10:53 PM

Very good post.

I’ve started voting with my feet and didn’t watch Sportscene purely because I knew what to expect. Thankfully when I miss games like I did this weekend there are other options to watch the highlights and get at least a semblance of analysis.

Cat Stanton
18-09-2022, 10:55 PM
Hibs have been up and down this season - contrast second half yesterday with first half at Livingston or both halves at St. Mirren. There have been a lot of new arrivals, not all of whom have thus far worked out. So in that sense the "identity" - what Hibs will look like, or are aiming to look like - under Johnson isn't all that clear yet. I think that's what Michael Stewart was saying last night, and I don't think it's a ridiculous thing to say. He also didn't think it should have been a penalty and, to be honest, it was pretty soft.

There's quite a lot of over-sensitivity to criticism on here about certain programmes and pundits. Stewart talks sense most times I hear him.

JOD
18-09-2022, 11:27 PM
Hibs have been up and down this season - contrast second half yesterday with first half at Livingston or both halves at St. Mirren. There have been a lot of new arrivals, not all of whom have thus far worked out. So in that sense the "identity" - what Hibs will look like, or are aiming to look like - under Johnson isn't all that clear yet. I think that's what Michael Stewart was saying last night, and I don't think it's a ridiculous thing to say. He also didn't think it should have been a penalty and, to be honest, it was pretty soft.

There's quite a lot of over-sensitivity to criticism on here about certain programmes and pundits. Stewart talks sense most times I hear him.

Good Post. On the whole I think M S does a good job as a pundit compared to the rest in Scotland.

18-09-2022, 11:31 PM

Michael Stewart does.

cameronw-hfc
19-09-2022, 12:07 AM
Can confirm I know a few former and one current prem officials and all are rangers fans, only one that I know hides it as well. One use to train on a pitch across from where my former team played/trained and would literally do it in a rangers top, well known official as well.

Edit- should say, the one that "hides it" I don't know personally but I worked with his daughter and she confirmed he was a current season ticket holder. Retired a good few years back.

bigwheel
19-09-2022, 07:42 AM
Can confirm I know a few former and one current prem officials and all are rangers fans, only one that I know hides it as well. One use to train on a pitch across from where my former team played/trained and would literally do it in a rangers top, well known official as well.

Edit- should say, the one that "hides it" I don't know personally but I worked with his daughter and she confirmed he was a current season ticket holder. Retired a good few years back.

Who are they ? Sounds like they are open about it - so not secret

mjhibby
19-09-2022, 08:02 AM

He is mostly but seems to be going with the herd these days. Seems to be a lack of preperation for the show too very rushed. The dons fans agree with most on here that it was a dubious pen but the result was the right one. There was three pen shouts there was one definite one 50/50 and one not. Not stating that the punch away was a definite penalty is just so poor and gives an unbalanced portrait of the game. Biscuits i dont mind as ive spoke to him a few times and he does speaks well of us. Its just a very poor programme which i used to listen to every time it was on. How times have changed.

JimBHibees
19-09-2022, 08:44 AM
They showed the first-half handball, but no mention in the analysis of that - just on and on about how the one we did get being a liberty. And what about the other handball at the end, when their defender fell on the ball and grabbed it? Linesman standing watching it but did nowt, free-kick to Dons awarded by the ref. Nae footage of that in either thr highlights or studio analysis!!

Yep ridiculous two blatant penalties turned down but they only concentrate on the one given. The commentator for the mccrorie one was suggesting it hit his head then arm only to correct itself when it clearly didn't. Definitely an agenda imo

JimBHibees
19-09-2022, 08:48 AM
He’s increasingly becoming aware of touting controversy in order to keep ahead of the game in Scottish football punditry. There’s no future in being Mr Honest and Sensible, especially if you have anything positive or complimentary to say about Hibs, the blacksheep target of the BBC sports team. The only real pro Hibs pundit in recent times was Pat Nevin but he didn’t last long. I don’t know if he got the bullet because of his failure to side with BBC policy or whether he saw through them and thought, ‘Sod it I’m out of here!’

He moved to radio five live no doubt much better paid and much more professional.

JimBHibees
19-09-2022, 09:08 AM

I don't necessarily disagree with that however there was absolutely no praise whatsoever of how we played and sole focus on one softer penalty with none of the two much more blatant ones. Compare our coverage on sportscene and sportsound with Hearts in no way is it balanced or similar. The coverage of their home Zurich game was like two steaming Hearts fans in Preston and Levein watching the game

RyeSloan
19-09-2022, 09:17 AM
While it might be nice to get some fawning from the media it certainly doesn’t put points on the board.

Look at their early love in with Ross at United for how positive spin means nothing.

I’m actually quite happy for us to be the team no one likes this season..prove them wrong and make them eat their words and it will be all the better.

Tyler Durden
19-09-2022, 09:23 AM

I think you've hit the nail on the head. They have decided on the Hibs narrative already - that Ron Gordon is clueless and we're a shambles. They don't want to do any actual analysis so Stewart just continues with "Hibs don't have an identity.... not sure what they are trying to do". He's been saying that since the Falkirk league cup game.

As others mentioned, a decent analysis of Hibs would note that we're putting teams under pressure (averaging 10+ corners per game). We're getting in behind teams and we're getting a lot of men in the box. We have added goals from midfield this season and our defense is better than people credit. None of that is particularly difficult to see whilst still pointing out there are negatives to work on.

There is also a general lack of respect for Lee Johnson, given his CV. I really hope we can push on for 3rd or 4th as it's going to be enjoyable watching them have to give us credit through gritted teeth.

B.H.F.C
19-09-2022, 09:34 AM
I think you've hit the nail on the head. They have decided on the Hibs narrative already - that Ron Gordon is clueless and we're a shambles. They don't want to do any actual analysis so Stewart just continues with "Hibs don't have an identity.... not sure what they are trying to do". He's been saying that since the Falkirk league cup game.

As others mentioned, a decent analysis of Hibs would note that we're putting teams under pressure (averaging 10+ corners per game). We're getting in behind teams and we're getting a lot of men in the box. We have added goals from midfield this season and our defense is better than people credit. None of that is particularly difficult to see whilst still pointing out there are negatives to work on.

There is also a general lack of respect for Lee Johnson, given his CV. I really hope we can push on for 3rd or 4th as it's going to be enjoyable watching them have to give us credit through gritted teeth.

The lack of actual analysis of the game on Saturday was terrible. Because of the fuss that’s been made it’s been totally lost that Hibs played as well as they’ve played, probably for the best part of a year IMO. Even at 11v11 we were totally dominating the game.

Lee Johnson isn’t one of the boys. He’s not Jack or Derek or whoever and the Scottish football media hate someone that isn’t in their wee circle.

Iain G
19-09-2022, 09:41 AM
The lack of actual analysis of the game on Saturday was terrible. Because of the fuss that’s been made it’s been totally lost that Hibs played as well as they’ve played, probably for the best part of a year IMO. Even at 11v11 we were totally dominating the game.

Lee Johnson isn’t one of the boys. He’s not Jack or Derek or whoever and the Scottish football media hate someone that isn’t in their wee circle.

It's a half baked, smug, amateur programme with a whole bunch of lickspittles and empty vessels ejaculating whatever little thought comes out of their tiny narrow minds. Its jobs for the boys and girls and there is no attempt to analyze or consider the game from a neutral and holistic point of view without them returning to their own corners, views and bias.

It's rabid and full of bile and should be put down.

grunt
19-09-2022, 09:47 AM
It's a half baked, smug, amateur programme with a whole bunch of lickspittles ...
Hibs.net word of the week.

Iain G
19-09-2022, 09:50 AM
Hibs.net word of the week.

Yup 🤣😁

easty
19-09-2022, 10:03 AM
I dunno how the second clear hand ball penalty we should’ve had yesterday didn’t make it onto the highlights?

https://twitter.com/hibsnews1875/status/1571493022927396867?s=46&t=dZN-D9n9sDMW4HNvTT0BjQ

At the time it looked blatant, seeing it again I’m absolutely convinced that’s a penalty. Absolutely nae foul from Bojang, refs **** the bed and gave them a freekick for nowt.