PDA

View Full Version : Cabraja

JamesHFC
30-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Surprised not to see a thread on him yet. Was at the game and thought he was awesome, a fantastic signing. Sigh of relief when he didn’t get sent off.

weecounty hibby
30-07-2022, 05:12 PM
Very good. Impressed on his debut

Allant1981
30-07-2022, 05:13 PM
Had a good game, from where i was sat it looked like a sending off but for his first game he seemed to fit in pretty well, will only get better as he gels with the team

Unseen work
30-07-2022, 05:15 PM
Looked a classy classy player with a lot of quality.

He’s not kicked a ball in any game before today and put in a performance like that, brilliant.

Defensively he looked solid (although not tested much), he won alot of headers aswell by timing them perfectly.

On the ball some of his passes into the striker, down the line and crosses were very good, he also showed good feet on more than one occasion.

Really impressed.

More of the same at centre back and in the final third please Ian Gordon 😅

Torto7
30-07-2022, 05:17 PM
He's class you can just tell. Once he gets his feet under him he's a top player for us imo. I thought he might be taking corners as his delivery is excellent.

bordergreen
30-07-2022, 05:17 PM
Surprised not to see a thread on him yet. Was at the game and thought he was awesome, a fantastic signing. Sigh of relief when he didn’t get sent off.

I can see good things to come from him. Looks a player.

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 05:21 PM
He was excellent today, just praying that he doesn't get cited by the Compliance Officer on Monday morning and he misses the derby. 🙏

RMQ1967
30-07-2022, 05:22 PM
He looks top notch - seems to have everything 👌

Well done to the recruitment team 👏

Since452
30-07-2022, 05:22 PM
Early days but looks some find.

Stanton Spence
30-07-2022, 05:23 PM
Just looks a right good signing and someone signed who will improve us I've no doubt.
I would like another two or three of his calibre added and quietly hopeful of two

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
30-07-2022, 05:24 PM
He’ll really kick on for us. Him and Cadden in our full back positions could end up being one of the best positional pairs outside the OF.

Unseen work
30-07-2022, 05:24 PM
He was excellent today, just praying that he doesn't get cited by the Compliance Officer on Monday morning and he misses the derby. 🙏

Don’t think any further action can be taken since the ref saw it and booked him at the time.

Rocky’s elbow in the first half might be a different story.

Oscar T Grouch
30-07-2022, 05:25 PM

Can that happen since he was booked for the challenge? My immediate thought when he went in for the tackle was that the ref was gonna even it up but he wasn’t as late Davidson’s tackle though.

Tully
30-07-2022, 05:27 PM
What about the st johnstone player who elbowed porteous?

Jones28
Don’t think any further action can be taken since the ref saw it and booked him at the time.

Apparently the rules have changed and you can be punished further.

Sir David Gray

The rules were changed a few years ago, retrospective action can be taken even after the referee has dealt with it at the time.

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 05:28 PM
Can that happen since he was booked for the challenge? My immediate thought when he went in for the tackle was that the ref was gonna even it up but he wasn’t as late Davidson’s tackle though.

See above post.

GreenGray
30-07-2022, 05:30 PM
Looked class, nice to sign someone who just slots straight in there. Should have had an assist first half after a lovely cross to Hendo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helensburghhibs
30-07-2022, 05:31 PM

There's no way he will it was never a red

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 05:33 PM
There's no way he will it was never a red

As I said earlier I hope you're right as he looks a class signing.

I'm not quite as confident as you are about the incident not being reviewed though.

Nicho87
30-07-2022, 05:42 PM
Looks a player.

HendoDelivered
30-07-2022, 05:43 PM
Some left peg. He’s only gonna get better once he’s fully up to speed as well!

weecounty hibby
30-07-2022, 05:43 PM

I'm not quite as confident as you are about the incident not being reviewed though.

More likely that St Johnstone will appeal the red and get ut downgraded to yellow. Have to say I did t have a great view of any of the tackles due to the ****** crossbar but it looked like the one on Porto was worse

Libby Hibby
30-07-2022, 05:44 PM
Sheer class. Hard as nails.

tonyrougier123
30-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Very promising with this boy.

Motm

Callum_62
30-07-2022, 05:46 PM

I'm not quite as confident as you are about the incident not being reviewed though.But you nigh on had us down to 4 men and the game being forfeited!

[emoji23]

Ive no seen any incident again to be fair but I thought Davidson looked like a yellow at the game and the same for Cabraja

The only reason I think we are talking about his being red as the ref (without seeing it again) harshly sent davidson off

I thought Cabraja had quite a good debut - seems to have done quality about him

Well done Ian Gordon.... [emoji6][emoji3]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 05:46 PM
More likely that St Johnstone will appeal the red and get ut downgraded to yellow. Have to say I did t have a great view of any of the tackles due to the ****** crossbar but it looked like the one on Porto was worse

You've not got long to wait to see it on Sportscene.

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 05:50 PM
But you nigh on had us down to 4 men and the game being forfeited!

[emoji23]

Ive no seen any incident again to be fair but I thought Davidson looked like a yellow at the game and the same for Cabraja

The only reason I think we are talking about his being red as the ref (without seeing it again) harshly sent davidson off

I thought Cabraja had quite a good debut - seems to have done quality about him

Well done Ian Gordon.... [emoji6][emoji3]

Not quite!

I thought we could have had 3 players (Melkersen, Bushiri and Cabraja) sent off today and I stand by my thoughts that another referee could easily have considered all three to be red cards. I think Cabraja was probably the luckiest of the three.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2022, 05:55 PM
Not quite!

I thought we could have had 3 players (Melkersen, Bushiri and Cabraja) sent off today and I stand by my thoughts that another referee could easily have considered all three to be red cards. I think Cabraja was probably the luckiest of the three.
I hope he’s not cited for it

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 06:01 PM
I hope he’s not cited for it

Fingers crossed, it will be a nervous wait to Monday morning! 😬

Vault Boy
30-07-2022, 06:03 PM
Yeah I like Rijan Cabraja, and getting caught in the rain

Zambernardi1875
30-07-2022, 06:10 PM
The new David Murphy

Northernhibee
30-07-2022, 06:17 PM
Who’s that dominating your team?
Marijan Cabraja
Marijan Cabraja

(To ‘Monster’ by The Automatic)

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Great debut, impressed with him

LewysGot2
30-07-2022, 06:22 PM
Very impressed. Was more careful first half but was allowed more freedom going forward in the second half. Got a good physique for a full back. He adapted immediately. This looks a very astute acquisition

makaveli1875
30-07-2022, 06:26 PM
Looks a pretty decent replacement for Doig . Considering it’s the 1st time he’s not played any of the pre season games he was ****ing excellent. Look forward to seeing more of him

Alex Trager
30-07-2022, 06:28 PM

Nout in that mate. A big deal made out of nothing

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 06:36 PM

Nothing in it, there was contact made but Porteous overreacted.

Since452
30-07-2022, 06:37 PM
Doig for 3 million and Cabraja looks a brilliant bit of business.

Tambo
30-07-2022, 06:37 PM
Looked good for his first game in a while, looked to get forward as much as possible and likes to cross.

Northernhibee
30-07-2022, 06:38 PM
Nothing in it, there was contact made but Porteous overreacted.
Porteous needs to grow up a bit. He can’t complain about the reputation he’s made for himself, the #1 most responsible person for it is himself.

Mikey_1875
30-07-2022, 07:04 PM
He will get a barrel load of assists once the strikers get in tune with his deliveries. Technically very good but he will need to adapt to the ball being in the air a lot more in Scotland as he didn’t look overly comfortable with headers. Very happy with him signing and he can only get better.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2022, 07:05 PM
He looked decent. Couple of great balls into the box including the one where Henderson should have scored.

Also thought Mitchell played well after coming on. We look strong down both sides if we can keep everyone fit.

JammyDoidger
30-07-2022, 07:22 PM
Running down the wing ahh hah, here the Hibees sing ahh hah, cabrajaaaa

truehibernian
30-07-2022, 07:22 PM
Excellent debut and you can see he is a very confident player - looks nails too.

As someone alluded to earlier, very like David Murphy the way he plays. Looking forward to seeing how well he does this season, looks quality.

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 07:23 PM
Just seen the Cabraja tackle again and still can't for the life of me understand how he's avoided a red card.

On the plus side Melkersen and Bushiri have avoided trial by Sportscene so they should be ok at least.

B.H.F.C
30-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Could tell after about 5 minutes he can play.

Northernhibee
Just seen the Cabraja tackle again and still can't for the life of me understand how he's avoided a red card.

On the plus side Melkersen and Bushiri have avoided trial by Sportscene so they should be ok at least.
I think it’s less of a red than Davidsons. Attempted to play the ball but timed it wrong, Davidsons was simply a cynical attempt to chop him down.

For me both are bookings.

Sir David Gray

Maybe not!

bigwheel
30-07-2022, 07:25 PM
Great debut, impressed with him

Got a bit of the David Murphy’s about him .

Torto7
30-07-2022, 07:27 PM
Porteous needs to grow up a bit. He can’t complain about the reputation he’s made for himself, the #1 most responsible person for it is himself.

Aye it's his fault he got smacked in the face then cracked on the knee by Davidson. Porteous doesn't need to grow up at all he needs fans to actually 'support' him rather than repeating hunisms pushed by the weegie press.

Northernhibee
30-07-2022, 07:31 PM
Aye it's his fault he got smacked in the face then cracked on the knee by Davidson. Porteous doesn't need to grow up at all he needs fans to actually 'support' him rather than repeating hunisms pushed by the weegie press.

😂😂

See if he actually does get smacked in the face in a game and something isn’t given against him? Have you read “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”?

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 07:33 PM
😂😂

See if he actually does get smacked in the face in a game and something isn’t given against him? Have you read “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”?

Absolutely. He really needs to get his act together. Rolling about like a dafty.

Back on topic thought it was a solid debut from Cabraja. Definitely be out first choice LB now and he puts in a mean cross.

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 07:44 PM
Thing is, he's nowhere near match fit, hes going to be a baller for us.

3pm
30-07-2022, 07:45 PM

Going to print this.

neil7908
30-07-2022, 07:46 PM
Looks a player. I've been critical of our recruitment but given that's his first game he was excellent. Hopefully even more to come once he beds in.

Billy Whizz

Not going to be match fit sitting in the stands, was a terrible tackle from him today, that could have cost Hibs the win

tamig

Porteous is the biggest play actor in our team. Always rolling about or holding his face. He really does need to grow up.

3pm
30-07-2022, 07:48 PM
Not going to be match fit sitting in the stands, was a terrible tackle from him today, that could have cost Hibs the win

Nah, was a yellow Billy.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2022, 07:48 PM
Nah, was a yellow Billy.

At the game yes, on TV it was a bad bad challenge

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 07:50 PM

Was a shocker and could easily have been a red. Especially just after their sending off.

Northernhibee
30-07-2022, 07:51 PM
Absolutely. He really needs to get his act together. Rolling about like a dafty.

Back on topic thought it was a solid debut from Cabraja. Definitely be out first choice LB now and he puts in a mean cross.

He’s absolutely now at a crossroads at his career. When he first broke through apparently people at the club staff thought he might be able to be a top defender at English Premiership level. Now scouts from Championship teams have come to watch him but as of yet no concrete move. No Scotland caps to his name despite CB being one of two or three weak areas for our national team.

He’s not really a young player anymore but although his play has markedly improved he still has controversy following him around. He gets suspended a lot, he’s often a talking point in ways both positive and negative and stuff like today riles a lot of people up. The appeal on the red card in the Aberdeen game at Pittodrie could have been the toss of a coin and arguably the weight of his reputation tipped the balance one way or another.

He now has two choices. Don’t sign a new contract and look to forge a career down south or elsewhere or sign a new one up here and potentially become a club legend. He may not achieve what he could have when he was aged seventeen or eighteen but it’s not too late to achieve a lot.

The only way he can ditch the reputation is to stop making OTT challenges that give a referee a decision, none of the making a song and dance about what appeared to be fairly innocuous today, choosing who he hangs around with so he doesn’t give newspaper writer ready make headlines.

It might take a season for the reputation to shift, it may take five but it’s in his hands and if he does lose that reputation he’ll be more successful and is more likely to have the career his ability deserves. It’s more difficult to admit that than to listen to the people who’d say that it’s the fault of referees/Michael Stewart/Sportscene/Steven Gerrard/the BBC/Scotland in general but it’s a cold truth.

H18 SFR
30-07-2022, 07:57 PM
Didn’t think his tackle looked that bad at the game, holy moly it was really bad timing.

Callum_62
30-07-2022, 07:58 PM
I still say his challenge wasn't a red

And I bet we see countless challenges like that get a yellow without the OTT analysis due to the ref sending off an opposing player

I don't think davidsons was a red either but seeing them in replay Cabraja mistimes it no doubt but davidsons isn't mistimed its a blatent attempt to only play the man

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 07:59 PM

And I bet we see countless challenges like that get a yellow without the OTT analysis due to the ref sending off an opposing player

I don't think davidsons was a red either but seeing them in replay Cabraja mistimes it no doubt but davidsons isn't mistimed its a blatent attempt to only play the man

Don't think Davidson's was a red but 100% think Cabraja's was. But, it's about time we got a wee break of luck like that.

Northernhibee

100%. Cabraja’s was a player who hadn’t had a pre season proper being a bit rusty, Davidsons was a hatchet job.

Hermit Crab
Marijan Cabraja
Marijan Cabraja

Horrendous!!

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 08:00 PM
Marijan Cabraja
Marijan Cabraja

Yes, yes, yes!!

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 08:03 PM

These are the sort go things that will catch players out when VAR comes in next year. Tackles that are borderline are 100% getting upgraded to reds. I think Cabrajas tackle would have been upgraded to a red today under VAR.

greenlex
30-07-2022, 08:05 PM
These are the sort go things that will catch players out when VAR comes in next year. Tackles that are borderline are 100% getting upgraded to reds. I think Cabrajas tackle would have been upgraded to a red today under VAR.
No it wouldn’t. It’s only being talked about as a red in comparison to the undoubted wrong red for Davidson. They are both yellow at best under scrutiny.

The Spaceman
30-07-2022, 08:06 PM
Was really impressed by him today. Even first 30 seconds his tracking of the run and challenge was perfect. He’s a player.

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 08:08 PM
No it wouldn’t. It’s only being talked about as a red in comparison to the undoubted wrong red for Davidson. They are both yellow at best under scrutiny.

At Parkhead or Ibrox thats getting upgraded. Stonewaller.

Greencore
30-07-2022, 08:08 PM
Shame we won't get a single penny when he moves on. Doubt he will be here long.

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 08:10 PM
Shame we won't get a single penny when he moves on. Doubt he will be here long.

A single penny? Surely that can't be true? No way we've agreed to give 100% of the future fee to his old club?

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 08:11 PM

I'm fairly certain Cabraja would have been sent off today if VAR had been in operation today.

raeburnhibs
30-07-2022, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=Sir David Gray;7046373]I'm fairly certain Cabraja would have been sent off today if VAR had been in operation today.[/QUOTE

we get it, you think he should have been sent off, you don't need to tell us again

Libby Hibby
30-07-2022, 08:15 PM
I'm fairly certain Cabraja would have been sent off today if VAR had been in operation today.

Do you think?

3pm
30-07-2022, 08:15 PM

Not more likely Davidson's would have been downgraded?

Northernhibee
30-07-2022, 08:18 PM
Not more likely Davidson's would have been downgraded?

Depends, it looked like it was the fourth referees recommendation to the ref that swung the decision.

Sir David Gray
30-07-2022, 08:21 PM
we get it, you think he should have been sent off, you don't need to tell us again

I'm replying to a post which I'm entitled to do.

Feel free to disagree.

Unseen work
30-07-2022, 08:23 PM
Was it not 50% sell on his club have and that’s why we got him for free?

If he does well and gets a move that’s good business for the club.

Taking a player of quality for free, getting a couple of years out of him and selling him for a profit.

Greencore
30-07-2022, 08:25 PM
A single penny? Surely that can't be true? No way we've agreed to give 100% of the future fee to his old club?

I think we have, he had a couple of years left on his contract with his previous team

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/marijan-cabraja-hibs-transfer-agreed-27451156.amp

Callum_62
30-07-2022, 08:31 PM
I think we have, he had a couple of years left on his contract with his previous team

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/marijan-cabraja-hibs-transfer-agreed-27451156.ampI think a 100 percent sell on would be nigh on unheard off

Say we sell him for 5 million (totally hypothetical) you reckon hibs hand all that over?

I'd say slim to no chance

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 08:37 PM
I think a 100 percent sell on would be nigh on unheard off

Say we sell him for 5 million (totally hypothetical) you reckon hibs hand all that over?

I'd say slim to no chance

Yeah the article makes it seem like his old team have just inserted a really good sell on fee. Seems par for the course these days.

Onceinawhile
30-07-2022, 08:48 PM
I thought he looked good. Was probably slightly surprised by the level of physicality though. Gave away a corner whilst claiming for a free kick he was never going to get. It'll be another step up next Sunday too.

Other than that, was impressed. Lewis might not be adding too many more appearances to his list.

Chip shop Joe
30-07-2022, 09:13 PM
How you can read this article and come to the conclusion that 100% of the transfer fee goes to his old club is beyond me! It clearly says otherwise.

JammyDoidger
30-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Much better than Doig. Can defend, can't push on, dogged, can deliver, all round left back, won a watch. Player.

cameronw-hfc
30-07-2022, 09:18 PM
Yeah the article makes it seem like his old team have just inserted a really good sell on fee. Seems par for the course these days.

Got to remember anything over 20% is considered a pretty tasty sell on fee as well, so it's not like we've agreed to give them 90% or anything, it'll be 20/30%.

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 09:21 PM
Got to remember anything over 20% is considered a pretty tasty sell on fee as well, so it's not like we've agreed to give them 90% or anything, it'll be 20/30%.

Totally. Pretty solid debut, like the look of him and I'm sure he'll make us a decent profit if he does move on.

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-07-2022, 09:21 PM
Doig for 3 million and Cabraja looks a brilliant bit of business.

This was exactly my thoughts after watching him today.

CallumLaidlaw
30-07-2022, 09:23 PM

I wouldn’t mind if it’s 40%. That’s what’s marcianos was…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30-07-2022, 09:31 PM
Abra abra Cabraja
I wanna reach out and grab ya
Abra abra Cabraja
Abra abra Cabraja

https://youtu.be/tY8B0uQpwZs?t=46

(Credit to Kaiser Sauzee on the Shortbangers podcast that made me think of this, wouldn't be surprised if someone has posted it before)

Callum_62
31-07-2022, 01:17 AM
Cabraja needs proper tackling lessons from Darren Mcgregor

Edit - removed twitter link because it had a swear word in it!

Sure we all remember this one though

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220731/195d786879afe460b37c9ff81f37cce9.jpg

percy veer
31-07-2022, 04:17 AM

well done Ian Gordon

cameronw-hfc
31-07-2022, 05:34 AM
Marijan Cabraja
Marijan Cabraja

Holy sh*t 😂 I hope I never hear that one but it'd be a laugh

Leith Green
31-07-2022, 06:29 AM
Imagine the laddie with 10 games in the tank .. You could see he is a player already bit once he is up and running. Played a couple of excellent passes over the full back to tavares first half. His ball to Henderson was unreal..

Carheenlea
31-07-2022, 08:13 AM
You can tell immediately that Cabraja is going to be an excellent player for us. Once properly match fit he’ll make the position his own and his deliveries will be a big asset in an attacking sense.

Looking forward to watching him this season.

B.H.F.C
31-07-2022, 08:47 AM
You can tell immediately that Cabraja is going to be an excellent player for us. Once properly match fit he’ll make the position his own and his deliveries will be a big asset in an attacking sense.

Looking forward to watching him this season.

Said the same yesterday at the game. Some players you can just tell straight away and he’s one.

brog
31-07-2022, 09:29 AM
I think it’s less of a red than Davidsons. Attempted to play the ball but timed it wrong, Davidsons was simply a cynical attempt to chop him down.

For me both are bookings.

I'm with you 100% on the 1st bit but I believe it was the deliberate intent which saw Davidson see red.

Nicho87
31-07-2022, 11:34 AM
McGowan acrobatic efforts for the tackle made it look a tougher tackle

Not just cause he’s a jambo twerp

JammyDoidger
31-07-2022, 11:53 AM
The Croatian David Murphy. What a player.

RMQ1967
31-07-2022, 11:56 AM
The Croatian David Murphy. What a player.

I was thinking exactly that👍

If I recall Murph took a few games to get up to speed although his quality was clear to see. That was a fabulous debut from Cabraja.

heretoday
31-07-2022, 11:31 PM
He was MoM yesterday for me.

basehibby
01-08-2022, 01:07 AM

When the Crab is impressed that's surely worthy of a song.

To the tune of Ai No Corrida by Chas Jankel/Quincy Jones

Marijan Cabraja
He's on the left
He's striding through
There's nothing you can do

Marijan Cabraja
He's on the left
A Hibees Man
He's gonna bust the Yams

.... pretty catchy huh? :dj:

eastmainsmsh
01-08-2022, 02:47 PM