PDA

View Full Version : Traffic at forth road bridge

Garymcl
30-07-2022, 10:57 AM
Been told very busy at approach for those driving up

McD
30-07-2022, 11:00 AM

I’ve no idea why they keep dropping the speed limit crossing the bridge, it just causes even more of a traffic jam in both directions

Billy Whizz
30-07-2022, 11:00 AM

Thanks
Seems to be permanently like this just now

Jones28
30-07-2022, 11:01 AM
I’ve no idea why they keep dropping the speed limit crossing the bridge, it just causes even more of a traffic jam in both directions

That’s what I don’t get, surely going from 70 to 40/50 just creates more problems?

McD
30-07-2022, 11:08 AM
That’s what I don’t get, surely going from 70 to 40/50 just creates more problems?

exactly - sure one of the big plus points for building the new bridge was that they could keep the speed at 70 :confused:

I had to take my wife to a medical appt in Fife yesterday, it took 20 minutes to get from jointing the M90 at the Rosyth end of Dunfermline to actually getting onto the bridge, with no accidents or breakdowns, just a speed drop forcing all the traffic to slow down. Was backed up past kirkliston on the northbound side.

GreenCastle
30-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Traffic busy at bridge so give plenty time if heading to game that way.

Moulin Yarns
30-07-2022, 11:13 AM
I hope nobody is trying to cross the forth road bridge, unless you are a taxi or bus driver. 😉

bod
30-07-2022, 11:14 AM

Maybe it’s a jambo in charge of speed limits so he’s trying to make us miss kick off ?

Jim44
30-07-2022, 11:20 AM
exactly - sure one of the big plus points for building the new bridge was that they could keep the speed at 70 :confused:

I had to take my wife to a medical appt in Fife yesterday, it took 20 minutes to get from jointing the M90 at the Rosyth end of Dunfermline to actually getting onto the bridge, with no accidents or breakdowns, just a speed drop forcing all the traffic to slow down. Was backed up past kirkliston on the northbound side.

Part of the problem is the ‘smart Alec’s’ driving up towards the A904 to Bo’ness on the inside lane and then exiting the roundabout back down to the M9, causing slowing down traffic.

BroxburnHibee
30-07-2022, 12:48 PM
I hope nobody is trying to cross the forth road bridge, unless you are a taxi or bus driver. 😉

Drove over it the other day in my cab. Should be utilised more at busy times

GreenGray
30-07-2022, 12:51 PM
Part of the problem is the ‘smart Alec’s’ driving up towards the A904 to Bo’ness on the inside lane and then exiting the roundabout back down to the M9, causing slowing down traffic.

You’re not wrong, amount of people doing that today and causing the slow traffic is a joke. Wonder if there’s anyway to stop that, really pisses me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk