PDA

View Full Version : Boyler

keep the faith
29-07-2022, 10:35 AM
All the blocks are in place now around infrastructure, high potential players, stadium, aligned dev squad, etc.

We are genuinely one piece away in my book. If we can dig deep and get Boyler back I think we can really start to get excited here.

The signing would boost attendance and match day income. Compensate for the mcgeady injury and stop him going to another scottish team (I am certain the old firm will be watching closely)
This is your moment Ron. The one that would really show we mean business.

hibby rae
29-07-2022, 10:39 AM
All the blocks are in place now around infrastructure, high potential players, stadium, aligned dev squad, etc.

We are genuinely one piece away in my book. If we can dig deep and get Boyler back I think we can really start to get excited here.

The signing would boost attendance and match day income. Compensate for the mcgeady injury and stop him going to another scottish team (I am certain the old firm will be watching closely)

I don't think either of the Old Firm are interested in Boyle anymore. If he did come back to Scotland, it would be only us, Hearts or Aberdeen which would have any hope financially of doing so. But I think none of those clubs would be able to afford him right now.

But apparently we do have first refusal anyway, plus he did say if he came back to Scotland it would be us.

The other possibility, and bigger danger, would be someone down south finally taking a punt on him. But as it is, I don't think he'll be back soon, and I think is still currently out of our reach.

ancient hibee
29-07-2022, 10:41 AM
So you expect him to drop how many thousand's a week to sign?

BlackSheep
29-07-2022, 10:41 AM
Cancel McGeady's contract and pay Boyle his wages on top of what we could afford for Boyle anyway... thats my thoughts lololololol.

StarMan10
29-07-2022, 11:00 AM
Don’t know why people can’t comprehend that Boyle doesn’t want to leave. He’s earning wages that will set him and his family up for life and that he wouldn’t get a sniff of earning anywhere else.

If his club decided they wanted rid, been 0 indication of that, then it’s worth the discussion. Until then, no real point even discussing until at least next summer I would think.

Hibs4185
29-07-2022, 11:02 AM
Don’t know why people can’t comprehend that Boyle doesn’t want to leave. He’s earning wages that will set him and his family up for life and that he wouldn’t get a sniff of earning anywhere else.

If his club decided they wanted rid, been 0 indication of that, then it’s worth the discussion. Until then, no real point even discussing until at least next summer I would think.

And he’s not getting kicked about the pitch every week

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2022, 11:04 AM

The other thing to remember is that, if he were to come back, he'd have a massive tax bill to pay. That has to be a factor in any thinking.

neil7908
29-07-2022, 11:08 AM
Cancel McGeady's contract and pay Boyle his wages on top of what we could afford for Boyle anyway... thats my thoughts lololololol.

I don't think contracts work like that...

Plus, treating new signings like that will make it much harder to attract quality players to ER in the future.

Allant1981
29-07-2022, 11:12 AM

We would have to pay most if not all mcgeadys contract so doesnt really matter if we cancel it or not

BlackSheep
29-07-2022, 11:14 AM
Jeez... it was a wee bit of humour lol....

Leith Green
29-07-2022, 11:15 AM
If hearts or aberdeen go in for him and it looks like he could go then that would put enormous pressure on Hibs to beat them to the signature

neil7908
29-07-2022, 11:25 AM
Jeez... it was a wee bit of humour lol....

Ah fair enough, didn't pick up on that! 👌

MWHIBBIES
29-07-2022, 11:30 AM

It's nothing to do with meaning business, it's just not possible. Unrealistic and not happening. They paid 3 million and are paying him 20k a week. Think about it.

Springbank
29-07-2022, 11:44 AM
It's nothing to do with meaning business, it's just not possible. Unrealistic and not happening. They paid 3 million and are paying him 20k a week. Think about it.

In any other window in any other year I'd agree

But when this is the last window before the world Cup..
and your club team got relegated to Saudi 2
And if you lose your international spot you miss the once in a lifetime chance to play v Mbappe and Pogba in a,world Cup finals...

I'd want to be playing at the place the national team manager suggests.

MWHIBBIES
29-07-2022, 11:53 AM
In any other window in any other year I'd agree

But when this is the last window before the world Cup..
and your club team got relegated to Saudi 2
And if you lose your international spot you miss the once in a lifetime chance to play v Mbappe and Pogba in a,world Cup finals...

I'd want to be playing at the place the national team manager suggests.

He absolutely did not make the move to further his football career. He's a key player for Aus. He'll be in the squad regardless. Or will join another Saudi side. He simply won't be coming back here.

Blaster
29-07-2022, 12:00 PM
He absolutely did not make the move to further his football career. He's a key player for Aus. He'll be in the squad regardless. Or will join another Saudi side. He simply won't be coming back here.

Time will tell I guess

Golden Bear
29-07-2022, 12:06 PM
If hearts or aberdeen go in for him and it looks like he could go then that would put enormous pressure on Hibs to beat them to the signature

There's only one club he'd sign for in Scotland and that's us - he's already said so. Maybe as a 34 year old we'll again see him in a Hibs strip.

In the meantime, he's looking after the future for his family and rightly so.

FilipinoHibs
29-07-2022, 12:11 PM
Time will tell I guess

Probably on a wage cut after relegation. Don't think this will end well for Boyle. It was after all a mercenary mission.

CapitalGreen
29-07-2022, 12:23 PM
My guess is he’ll move to another club in the Middle East.

Walter
29-07-2022, 01:18 PM
Probably on a wage cut after relegation. Don't think this will end well for Boyle. It was after all a mercenary mission.

It was a smart move by a father with a young family

Torto7
29-07-2022, 01:22 PM
A loan deal might be possible.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Boyler owes us nothing . Rather than pine for him, we should be holding him up as a prime example of what you can achieve when you sign for Hibs.

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2022, 01:33 PM
A loan deal might be possible.

The tax issue would remain.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2022, 01:36 PM
I don't think he would be willing to drop more than £20k a week in wages unfortunately.

superfurryhibby
29-07-2022, 01:40 PM
I don't think he would be willing to drop more than £20k a week in wages unfortunately.

He wouldn't play for Hibs for free though?

Either way, he's not coming back to Hibs.

Blaster
29-07-2022, 01:41 PM
The tax issue would remain.

What about an EBT 😉

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2022, 01:51 PM
What about an EBT 😉

Oh...now.....maybe

😉

evy
29-07-2022, 01:58 PM

We don't need to *beat* anyone in Scotland for his signature, we have first refusal.

BlackSheep
29-07-2022, 02:10 PM
We don't need to *beat* anyone in Scotland for his signature, we have first refusal.

I think the exact terms are we will be given the opportunity to match whatever any club bids for Boyle should he become available.... that doesn't seal any deal for us unfortunately. We ould need to match the terms and hop Martin wants to come to us over whoever else bids.

Jones28
29-07-2022, 02:11 PM
This doesn't even merit discussing at the moment. Theres not a chance in hell he will come back to us even in the next year from now. If he leaves his current club it will only be to another Saudi team.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2022, 03:08 PM

If someone offers to buy him for £2m, we would be given the opportunity to beat that price.

That's what first refusal means.

Allant1981
29-07-2022, 03:27 PM
If someone offers to buy him for £2m, we would be given the opportunity to beat that price.

That's what first refusal means.

We would just need to match the offer not beat it surely

Colr
29-07-2022, 03:30 PM

£2m? £2,000,001? We haven’t got either.

Allant1981
29-07-2022, 03:40 PM

Didnt say we did

scotiaf
29-07-2022, 03:42 PM
It’s impossible for him to come back till after the financial year ends of he or someone is paying his tax in KSA. Or he takes a big hit on

Stokesy's on fire
29-07-2022, 03:50 PM
Boyle back would be the way to solve a lot of trouble at the club

loanheadhibby
29-07-2022, 06:18 PM
Agree with most of your points but is he really a key player for Australia.
I'm not convinced but hopefully he will have a great World Cup.

Steve20
29-07-2022, 06:21 PM
Boyle isn’t coming back anytime soon. This is pie in the sky stuff thinking he’s coming back now.

keep the faith
29-07-2022, 07:17 PM

We are given the option to match any offer in for him. That's all.

It makes no sense to let him become available and alert other clubs. We need to be alive to the situation in the months ahead and not tie up more wages in a mikey Johnson type deal.

beensaidbefore
29-07-2022, 07:28 PM
The guy isn't gonna give up a million quid a year to come back for 250k he has to pay hefty tax on. Not going to happen.

I wouldn't do it, and I don't think anyone on here would either.

chrisski33
29-07-2022, 07:52 PM
Martin Boyle wont be back at Hibs in the near future.

NC1875
29-07-2022, 07:59 PM
If he has a good World Cup, come January he’ll have a good few clubs offering him a move from Saudi on far more money than Hibs will give him.

He’s not coming back.

hibbyfraelibby
29-07-2022, 08:02 PM

We do...the deal was structured over a period of time. You just offset what we are due against the cost and we are quids in

hibbyfraelibby
29-07-2022, 08:04 PM
It’s impossible for him to come back till after the financial year ends of he or someone is paying his tax in KSA. Or he takes a big hit on

There are accountants who make a living making sure you dont pay tax in the UK

bigwheel
29-07-2022, 08:18 PM
There are accountants who make a living naking sure you dot pay tax in the UK

If he’s working in the UK at football, he’s no chance of not paying full tax on it…it will be taxed at source , PAYE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irish_Steve
29-07-2022, 08:19 PM
My guess is he’ll move to another club in the Middle East.

Dundee Utd - in the Middle East and Arabs too???

LustForLeith
29-07-2022, 08:52 PM
How many season tickets/pay at the gate/shirt sales would we get if Boyle came back?

Given the chance for him to come back (there’s this tax thing I don’t know enough about) the question is - can Hibs not afford to take it?

Also explain the question influx of squirrels in the capital just now. Clever marketing ploy

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2022, 08:53 PM
There are accountants who make a living naking sure you dot pay tax in the UK

They will tell him to stay where he is for now.

jacomo
29-07-2022, 09:13 PM
Dundee Utd - in the Middle East and Arabs too???

:aok:

Hibbyradge
29-07-2022, 11:03 PM

Yes, match it.

keep the faith
31-07-2022, 04:06 PM

I still think I'm right! 😉

LustForLeith
31-07-2022, 05:17 PM
What would happen with his wages and the tax situation if he was loaned back to us…

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2022, 05:20 PM
What would happen with his wages and the tax situation if he was loaned back to us…

He would have the same problem as if he was sold to us.

He would have to pay top-rate UK tax on everything he has earned in SA.

Helensburghhibs
31-07-2022, 05:21 PM
Has he not been away more than 6 months? A few ex workmates of mine work out of the country and as long as its more than 6 months of the year they don't pay tax..

Although it may be April to April

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Has he not been away more than 6 months? A few ex workmates of mine work out of the country and as long as its more than 6 months of the year they don't pay tax..

Although it may be April to April

Without getting too technical...

Basically, 6 months in any 1 tax year would remove him from UK Tax. He doesn't have that in either tax year.

He could opt for the split-year basis,which would allow him to split the 6 months across tax years. But he can't do.that until he's been away a year.

Disclaimer. Residency issues are notoriously complicated, so this is not necessarily chapter and verse on his situation. It is, however, something that is very real for him and which needs proper advice.

Helensburghhibs
31-07-2022, 07:07 PM
Without getting too technical...

Basically, 6 months in any 1 tax year would remove him from UK Tax. He doesn't have that in either tax year.

He could opt for the split-year basis,which would allow him to split the 6 months across tax years. But he can't do.that until he's been away a year.

Disclaimer. Residency issues are notoriously complicated, so this is not necessarily chapter and verse on his situation. It is, however, something that is very real for him and which needs proper advice.

Cheers for clarifying... I thought it may be the case

BlackSheep
31-07-2022, 07:30 PM
Horrible how many on here think money is the most important thing in all this chat.

He may not give two hoots about the cash in the end if he is homesick, missing his family, not enjoying life in SA, not enjoying his career in SA, worried about a contract dispute, worried he’ll get stuck in SA…. So many more important things than money.

It was a big decision to go to SA, life changing for him… but not all choices work out for the best.

Many on here stating he will get offers after the World Cup… so why not come home, take a decent wee contract at Hibs for a couple years and hope he gets an offer from down South for a few years after the World Cup, just write off this whole experience.

Bostonhibby
31-07-2022, 07:33 PM
What about an EBT [emoji6]Could we not just pretend to own a bank, borrow a shed load of money and owe all the debt to ourselves?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
31-07-2022, 07:33 PM
Horrible how many on here think money is the most important thing in all this chat.

He may not give two hoots about the cash in the end if he is homesick, missing his family, not enjoying life in SA, not enjoying his career in SA, worried about a contract dispute, worried he’ll get stuck in SA…. So many more important things than money.

He signed purely for money tho desoite warnings regarding pay in Saudi. It was obviously very tempting but he moved for money not career enhancment. Boyler will end up playing in Aus.

BlackSheep
31-07-2022, 07:34 PM
He signed purely for money tho desoite warnings regarding pay in Saudi. It was obviously very tempting but he moved for money not career enhancment. Boyler will end up playing in Aus.

I understand that, but that was then… this is now, the lad is allowed to regret his choice and want to come home.

Mcbizz1998
31-07-2022, 07:45 PM

I don’t see anything to suggest he would be interested in going to Australia. He will come back to scotland if he leaves Saudi and most likely will sign of Hibernian.

MWHIBBIES
31-07-2022, 10:00 PM

It was a big decision to go to SA, life changing for him… but not all choices work out for the best.

Many on here stating he will get offers after the World Cup… so why not come home, take a decent wee contract at Hibs for a couple years and hope he gets an offer from down South for a few years after the World Cup, just write off this whole experience.

The actual facts point to the money being the main thing, that's why folk believe it.

BlackSheep
31-07-2022, 10:14 PM
The actual facts point to the money being the main thing, that's why folk believe it.

I’m not passing comment on just the Boyle situation, but more the general consensus that the only important element to choosing a career path is money.

darwenhibby
31-07-2022, 10:24 PM
I was having a couple of pints this afternoon in my local pub and two guys who are season ticket holders at Blackburn were saying there is a rumour they are asking about his contract situation
Bretherton Diaz is subject to moves and they see Boyle as a potential replacement!
They asked me what my opinion was of him
Could be something in it!!

Paul1642
01-08-2022, 01:50 AM

You don’t move to Saudi Arabia for the Football / lifestyle.

Itsnoteasy
01-08-2022, 07:31 AM
You don’t move to Saudi Arabia for the Football / lifestyle.

And the only clubbing that goes on is at chop chop square.

Springbank
01-08-2022, 07:42 AM

Most seasons & most players, yes

But football is a quirky business

Without comparing these 2 directly, you get factors like family & desire to make sure you play in a world cup, meaning folk like (for example) Gabriel Jesus will move clubs in summer 2022 regardless of the money

Most seasons & Most players it's money

But if ever there was an exception, it would be summer 2022 with family & world Cup reasons entering the field of play, when it comes to decisions

hibbyfraelibby
01-08-2022, 02:37 PM
If he’s working in the UK at football, he’s no chance of not paying full tax on it…it will be taxed at source , PAYE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on whether or not he has set up a consultancy and is charging his fees via an off shore tax haven and taking his income in say the Cayman Islands

CropleyWasGod
01-08-2022, 04:55 PM
Depends on whether or not he has set up a consultancy and is charging his fees via an off shore tax haven and taking his income in say the Cayman Islands

😄

04Sauzee
06-08-2022, 10:31 AM

Great post 😃👍