View Full Version : Current Injuries

Since452
29-07-2022, 06:26 AM
So who do we currently have injured?

Long term.

McGeady
Magennis
Nisbet

Hanlon, Mitchell, JDH all back in training?

Sir David Gray
29-07-2022, 06:35 AM

Long term.

McGeady
Magennis
Nisbet

Cadden and Stevenson are injured as well, or at least they were last weekend.

Hibernian Verse
29-07-2022, 06:40 AM
Cadden and Stevenson are injured as well, or at least they were last weekend.

Cadden was back in training yesterday, but no Stevenson I don't think.

Ronniekirk
29-07-2022, 07:06 AM

Long term.

McGeady
Magennis
Nisbet

Manager has made it clear Hsnlon is running on the grass now so a bit to go yet before nd will be able to be considered for first team

McGruber
29-07-2022, 07:21 AM
Out from last time, injury and likely return from what has bee reported-

Marshall - sick bug - back available
Stevenson - 'a knock' - No timescale given
Cadden - thigh strain - back available
JDH - heel injury - back available
Nisbet - ACL - Circa October/November
Hanlon - Cartlidge op - started training/couple weeks away
Mitchell - ankle injury - started training/couple weeks away
McGeady - Medial ligament - 6 to 12 weeks
Magennis - unknown - unknown

Jamesie
29-07-2022, 07:54 AM
Out from last time, injury and likely return from what has bee reported-

Marshall - sick bug - back available
Cadden - thigh strain - back available
JDH - heel injury - back available
Hanlon - Cartlidge op - started training/couple weeks away
Mitchell - ankle injury - started training/couple weeks away

For Magennis, Johnston indicated prior to the Bonnyrigg game that he was a “little bit behind” Hanlon and Nisbet. So you might see him coming back at or around the same time as McGeady. Not ideal.

Onceinawhile
29-07-2022, 01:31 PM
For Magennis, Johnston indicated prior to the Bonnyrigg game that he was a “little bit behind” Hanlon and Nisbet. So you might see him coming back at or around the same time as McGeady. Not ideal.

Hanlon and Nisbet? So we'll not see him until December? Or do you mean Hanlon and Mitchell.

Big_Franck
29-07-2022, 01:56 PM
Han-lawn as Johnson calls him isn't fit enough for the weekend which obviously makes him a real doubt for the derby now as well.

McGruber
31-07-2022, 03:10 PM
Updated - down to 5 and looking better. Hanlon and Stevenson probably close for next week too.

Hanlon - Cartlidge op - back training

Jones28
31-07-2022, 03:11 PM
Tait and Nisbet both with broken hand bags and hurt feelings.

Billy Whizz
31-07-2022, 03:17 PM
Tait and Nisbet both with broken hand bags and hurt feelings.

Was Tait injured for yesterday’s game?

Bridge hibs
31-07-2022, 03:31 PM
Tait and Nisbet both with broken hand bags and hurt feelings.Tait was only there because Nisbet wanted someone of similar size to make the hand bag swinging a bit less effortful

w pilton hibby
31-07-2022, 05:31 PM
Paul Hanlon set for Hibs injury return in Hearts derby as defender to get game time in reserve clash

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/paul-hanlon-set-hibs-injury-24634892

Diclonius
02-08-2022, 01:26 PM
Hanlon starts for the dev squad.

hibbyfraelibby
02-08-2022, 01:30 PM
Hanlon starts for the dev squad.

That is a strong Dev Squad considering who isn't playing

jingler1954
02-08-2022, 01:32 PM
I spoke to Kyle Megennis last week and he said he was running on grass and ahead of Nesbit.

Sgt. Hartman
02-08-2022, 01:32 PM
This Kyle Magennis ordeal is very very worrying, considering nobody really even knows what is wrong with him.

Starting to think we may never see him play or return to anywhere near the same level he was at the start of last season.

Callum_62
02-08-2022, 01:33 PM
Getting some much needed minutes into the legs of Hanlon, Mitchell and JDH ahead of Sunday

Dabrowski
Miller
McClelland
McGregor
Hanlon
Mitchell
JDH
Bojang

All will probably be in the squad for Sunday

CapitalGreen
02-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Is Delferierre injured? Not included in the squad for Perth or Dev squad today.

basehibby
02-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Updated - down to 5 and looking better. Hanlon and Stevenson probably close for next week too.

Hanlon - Cartlidge op - back training

Re Magennis - I can't ever recall such mystery over the nature of a player's injury

Sgt. Hartman
02-08-2022, 01:42 PM
Re Magennis - I can't ever recall such mystery over the nature of a player's injury

It is utterly bizarre!

I may be very wrong but I'm starting to get the feeling it might be a psychological issue with Kyle.

Callum_62
02-08-2022, 01:43 PM
It is utterly bizarre!

I may be very wrong but I'm starting to get the feeling it might be a psychological issue with Kyle.

They performed surgery for a psychological issue?

cabbageandribs1875
02-08-2022, 01:46 PM
i heard KM has a 2nd job as a Bouncer/Mediator

Sgt. Hartman
02-08-2022, 01:53 PM

You'll often find with players that have experienced similar types of injuries as Maggenis, they subconsciously change the way they move which in turn leads to more injuries.

It is all speculation right now as the club hasn't really given us an update on his wellbeing.

JimBHibees
02-08-2022, 01:58 PM
I spoke to Kyle Megennis last week and he said he was running on grass and ahead of Nesbit.

Good to hear.

Brightside
02-08-2022, 02:50 PM
It is utterly bizarre!

I may be very wrong but i'll state a wild opinion anyway.

Brightside
02-08-2022, 02:51 PM
You'll often find with players that have experienced similar types of injuries as Maggenis, they subconsciously change the way they move which in turn leads to more injuries.

It is all speculation right now as the club hasn't really given us an update on his wellbeing.

No they dont. People used to come out with this stuff about Dylan Mc too. It was nonsense then and its nonsense now.

Sgt. Hartman
02-08-2022, 03:15 PM
I may be very wrong but i'll state a wild opinion anyway.

Not entirely sure what is so wild about that... because you disagree with it?

I'm guessing you would prefer to put it all down to bad luck? (which I can't disagree with the boy has had a torrid time) My point was it could very well be a bit of both, snowball effect.

the_ginger_hibee
02-08-2022, 03:31 PM

Yes, seemingly had a lobotomy. Worked before for another player, Randle P McMurphy.

Big_Franck
02-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Getting some much needed minutes into the legs of Hanlon, Mitchell and JDH ahead of Sunday

Dabrowski
Miller
McClelland
McGregor
Hanlon
Mitchell
JDH
Bojang

All will probably be in the squad for Sunday

Good to see Mitchell, JDH and Hanlon getting minutes ahead of Sunday.

I've given up on Magennis though. No doubt he'll still be injured in October and we'll still have zero information on his injury or the timescale for his return.

BlackSheep
02-08-2022, 06:04 PM
I have to agree about Magennis… maybe time to cut our losses on him?

CapitalGreen
02-08-2022, 06:05 PM

How exactly would you go about doing that?

BlackSheep
02-08-2022, 06:10 PM
How exactly would you go about doing that?

Beats me… I’m an ideas man not an executioner! Lol

hibee-boys
02-08-2022, 08:59 PM

Unfortunately we’re stuck with him for another 3 years, what other club is going to sign a player who’s averaged not much more than a dozen league games for the past 4 seasons. And we thought the 5 year contract handed out to Danny Handling was a bad piece of business🙄

Ozyhibby
02-08-2022, 09:03 PM

Dylan McGeough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
07-08-2022, 08:32 PM
Magennis, Nisbet, Stevenson, Mitchell and McGeady all still injured as of today. Also noticed that Tait and McClelland were missing from the bench?

How's Campbell after limping off?

Since452
07-08-2022, 09:15 PM
Magennis, Nisbet, Stevenson, Mitchell and McGeady all still injured as of today. Also noticed that Tait and McClelland were missing from the bench?

How's Campbell after limping off?

Didn't look good for Campbell the way he went off. Going by what Lee said I think Mitchell missed today through precaution rather than anything sinister. We'll see.

GreenCastle
13-08-2022, 08:31 PM
So updated list..

Magennis
Nisbet
Stevenson
Mitchell
Melkersen?
Campbell
McGeady

eastterrace
13-08-2022, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=GreenCastle;7064129]So updated list..

Magennis
Nisbet
Stevenson
Mitchell
Melkersen?
Campbell
McGeady[/

we need to stop signing players who are risky due to injuries as that’s a fair chunk of our squad missing.

Sir David Gray
16-08-2022, 09:56 PM
Hibs are due to issue an update on Kyle Magennis after nearly 11 months on the sidelines

https://t.co/EODmdWeRUF

Col2
16-08-2022, 10:16 PM
Hibs are due to issue an update on Kyle Magennis after nearly 11 months on the sidelines

Why am I reading more into this than maybe I should? A heads up that Hibs will provide an official update very soon? That sounds like a major set back or going out on loan or even released?

I hope for the best and he could make such a huge difference when back and fit.

Onceinawhile
16-08-2022, 10:25 PM
Why am I reading more into this than maybe I should? A heads up that Hibs will provide an official update very soon? That sounds like a major set back or going out on loan or even released?

I hope for the best and he could make such a huge difference when back and fit.

The article says its not a setback...

CentreForward
16-08-2022, 10:46 PM
It does seem a bit odd to issue a pre-update statement like that but let’s hope it’s good news when we hear!

HFC93
16-08-2022, 11:11 PM

This is an odd article.

McGruber
16-08-2022, 11:14 PM
It does seem a bit odd to issue a pre-update statement like that but let’s hope it’s good news when we hear!

It's very odd. Will be interesting to get some details on this mystery though.

Would have thought we would have heard about Melkerson by now aswell.

Good news Rocky, Campbell and Stevenson back to fitness

Rumble de Thump
16-08-2022, 11:17 PM
On Saturday Hibs are also expected to reveal their team selection for the Sevco game.

Callum_62
17-08-2022, 08:51 AM
Anyone heard anything further on McGeady?

I know it was quite a large timeframe given for him... 6-12 weeks I think although im sure I heard him say that he needs to see how the first few weeks go.....we are probably at that point now?

EDIT - found where he said it

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/aiden-mcgeady-provides-hibs-injury-24677219

Wilson
17-08-2022, 09:12 AM

They're just taking it easy with the statement. They don't want to bring it out too soon. Not after the last Magennis statement was rushed out before it was ready.

hibee-boys
17-08-2022, 10:56 AM
When will KM be back? 2 weeks…….we’ll find out in 2weeks😏

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-08-2022, 11:54 AM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/an-injury-update

Crunchie
17-08-2022, 11:56 AM
Haste ye back Kyle

Trinity Hibee
17-08-2022, 11:57 AM
Not really sure we’ve learned much there

Stubbsy90+2
17-08-2022, 11:59 AM

Not really on the Magennis front.

He’s trained for 2 months with no mention of any setbacks but isn’t yet ready to train with the team but may be by the end of the month, he also may not be. Once he is, he’ll need more training which will need to be managed in terms of intensity and volume and he’ll also need bounce games.

Doesn’t really give us any idea of a potential time scale for getting him on the pitch really but with the World Cup break 3 months away it looks like we’ll see very little if any of him before that. So we definitely need someone in to replace him.

Big_Franck
17-08-2022, 12:01 PM

Yeah, especially about Magennis. He might be back training by the end of the month? I have a feeling there's more going on with Magennis than we've been told.

Hopefully Mitchell is back asap as we could really do with him.

HibsGW
17-08-2022, 12:02 PM
Why has Magennis been doing conditioning training alone for 2 months now?

Unseen work
17-08-2022, 12:08 PM
Well done to Hibs for releasing an update about the injured players, especially as so many wanted one.

Sounds positive…ish re Magennis. What exactly did he do to his knee? Was it a torn ligament or similar? Happened in January, waited until April for an OP and doing conditioning work now until the end of the month when he might be back.

Really hope we get to the stage where we see him playing every week.

HibsGW
17-08-2022, 12:12 PM
Well done to Hibs for releasing an update about the injured players, especially as so many wanted one.

Sounds positive…ish re Magennis. What exactly did he do to his knee? Was it a torn ligament or similar? Happened in January, waited until April for an OP and doing conditioning work now until the end of the month when he might be back.

Really hope we get to the stage where we see him playing every week.

I’d say well done for the positive intent to keep people informed but the statement leaves you with just as many or more questions than before. As you say, what actually is his injury? Why has he been training alone doing only conditioning for 2 months without any setbacks?

superfurryhibby
17-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Regarding Magennis,

"After almost 11 months out, Kyle Magennis is close to being integrated back into team training.

There’s a strong possibility that the midfielder could be back on the grass with his teammates at the end of the month.

The 23-year-old was seen by many supporters doing ‘pitch-based conditioning’ in Portugal during pre-season and that has continued at HTC to ensure he comes back in the best possible shape.

As he hasn’t played or trained consistently for such a prolonged period, Kyle will need to build up his training volume and get into the routine of training at a consistently high level. Alongside this, he will also have to build up his match fitness and sharpness".

Callum_62
17-08-2022, 12:16 PM
I’d say well done for the positive intent to keep people informed but the statement leaves you with just as many or more questions than before. As you say, what actually is his injury? Why has he been training alone doing only conditioning for 2 months without any setbacks?

I wouldn't imagine doing conditioning over a longer period is that unusual for someone with his injury history and prolonged period out - Infact Nisbet is already doing pitch based conditioning and isn't expected back for a few months yet (minimum)

Basically saying he is expected to rejoin the group over the next 2 weeks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

HH81
17-08-2022, 12:16 PM
Regarding Magennis,

"After almost 11 months out, Kyle Magennis is close to being integrated back into team training.

There’s a strong possibility that the midfielder could be back on the grass with his teammates at the end of the month.

The 23-year-old was seen by many supporters doing ‘pitch-based conditioning’ in Portugal during pre-season and that has continued at HTC to ensure he comes back in the best possible shape.

As he hasn’t played or trained consistently for such a prolonged period, Kyle will need to build up his training volume and get into the routine of training at a consistently high level. Alongside this, he will also have to build up his match fitness and sharpness".

So around 2 months until he is actually back playing.

HibsGW
17-08-2022, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't imagine doing conditioning over a longer period is that unusual for someone with his injury history and prolonged period out - Infact Nisbet is already doing pitch based conditioning and isn't expected back for a few months yet (minimum)

Nisbet is also doing individual ball work and he’s been due to come back in November all along. Nisbet has had a cruciate ligament injury as well, as far as everyone is aware there’s been nothing close to that serious with Magennis, that’s why it would be good to know what’s actually wrong. He was back doing rehab stuff before the season started, I’d assume there must have been a set back but it doesn’t sound like there has.

Tyler Durden
17-08-2022, 12:24 PM
Not really on the Magennis front.

He’s trained for 2 months with no mention of any setbacks but isn’t yet ready to train with the team but may be by the end of the month, he also may not be. Once he is, he’ll need more training which will need to be managed in terms of intensity and volume and he’ll also need bounce games.

Doesn’t really give us any idea of a potential time scale for getting him on the pitch really but with the World Cup break 3 months away it looks like we’ll see very little if any of him before that. So we definitely need someone in to replace him.

Not like you to be so pessimistic :greengrin

Pretty typical of this board overall that people moan about not hearing anything and then moan about the content of the update.

Diclonius
17-08-2022, 12:43 PM
Basically:

Bushiri, Campbell: Imminent
Melkersen, Mitchell, Stevenson: Soon
Magennis, McGeady, Nisbet: Ages

Winston Ingram
17-08-2022, 12:45 PM

Nisbet has been telling people I know that he won't be back playing until after the World Cup.

Trinity Hibee
17-08-2022, 12:46 PM

Pretty typical of this board overall that people moan about not hearing anything and then moan about the content of the update.

A bit unfair. Some of these players have disappeared off the face of the earth for a while multiple times. Given we are paying their wages don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask what is going on.

Across the board there repeatedly appears to be setbacks to many of these players whilst coming back to fitness. Not blaming the player but it is frustrating.

Trinity Hibee
17-08-2022, 12:47 PM
Nisbet has been telling people I know that he won't be back playing until after the World Cup.

Yeah given his injury makes sense to keep him fresh for after the break.

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2022, 12:48 PM

The season is due to pause after our game on 12th November so would guess what you’ve been told is about right

Stubbsy90+2
17-08-2022, 01:08 PM

What’s the optimistic version then? :greengrin

Waxy
17-08-2022, 01:18 PM
We’ve been having a shocker with injuries for quite some time now.

Unseen work
17-08-2022, 01:22 PM

Think was always the issue, it’s a damned if they do damned if they don’t.

They were never going to give specific details about the injuries imo

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2022, 01:33 PM
Basically:

Bushiri, Campbell: Imminent
Melkersen, Mitchell, Stevenson: Soon
Magennis, McGeady, Nisbet: Ages

That's how I read it as well, I highly doubt we'll see anything of McGeady or Nisbet before the world cup and I have to say reading between the lines I have little confidence we'll see anything of Magennis before next season.

Of all the injured players Mitchell must be the most exasperating, it seems to be one niggling injury after another, hamstrings, muscle strains, ankle knocks, etc, etc ... yet in a year and a half at Blackpool prior to joining us he managed 45 first team appearances .... what were they doing at Blackpool that we aren't or he isn't?

The next annoyance is Nisbet, but not through any of his doing. I don't know if his injury would have happened anyway, but the game he was injured in was against Celtic, a game where an overly lenient ref had allowed them to get away with a series of heavy fouls without producing a card, it had the crowd up in arms at the time as we awaited the inevitable Hibs booking for our first foul.
The Celtic fouls continued until Nisbet was clattered on the half way line, that did produce a booking but by then the damage was done. In all honesty I was surprised Hibs didn't have something to say about it at the time. There's no doubt in my mind that the ref's failure to book any of their players prior to Nisbet's injury was at least indirectly a contributory factor to him getting hurt.

Stubbsy90+2
17-08-2022, 01:41 PM
We’ve been having a shocker with injuries for quite some time now.

I’ve said it previously but you wonder if questions should be asked of the backroom staff - medical/sports science etc.

Why are we getting so many injuries? Do we train to often? At to high an intensity? Are the players doing the right things for recovery? Should certain players be able to train less often?

And once the players get injured, why do some of them take so long to come back? Is their rehab as it should be? We had Magennis get injured and about 2 months later Hibs came out and said they didn’t even know what was wrong with him. Why had we not got to the bottom of it by that point?

It may be just rotten bad luck. But at this level of football, at a company turning over 8 figures a year, such significant issues should never just be instantly put down to bad luck (that’s not to say that’s what we’re doing btw).

CapitalGreen
17-08-2022, 01:43 PM
Think was always the issue, it’s a damned if they do damned if they don’t.

They were never going to give specific details about the injuries imo

Too many people have been conditioned by football manager and FIFA etc to think that when a player gets an injury, there will be a specific set date in the future when they’ll return to full fitness. The reality is rehab from serious injury is a multi-stage process and how quickly a player moves through those stages will be determined by how their body reacts to the increasing workload put on them and whether or not any set backs occur. Of course, the players and staff responsible will have a best case scenario timeline they hope to get back by but as we have experienced with previous set backs, trying to predict anything to far into the future results in heightened expectations and ultimately disappointment.

Since452
17-08-2022, 02:27 PM
Delighted Rocky is avaliable. Something i thought i'd never say last season.

hibbyfraelibby
17-08-2022, 02:43 PM

Sounds about right. He was only ever going to rush it back if Scotland had qualified. Now that we haven't he can do the equivalent of a proper pre-season at a lower risk.

Tyler Durden
17-08-2022, 03:01 PM
What’s the optimistic version then? :greengrin

Magennis back training in 2 weeks and could be playing by start of October :wink:

Ronniekirk
17-08-2022, 03:31 PM
Magennis back training in 2 weeks and could be playing by start of October :wink:

I doubt we will push him that hard After international break seems the better option assuming he doesn’t breakdown at some point
Anything before that would be a bonus

SlickShoes
17-08-2022, 03:42 PM
I’ve said it previously but you wonder if questions should be asked of the backroom staff - medical/sports science etc.

Why are we getting so many injuries? Do we train to often? At to high an intensity? Are the players doing the right things for recovery? Should certain players be able to train less often?

And once the players get injured, why do some of them take so long to come back? Is their rehab as it should be? We had Magennis get injured and about 2 months later Hibs came out and said they didn’t even know what was wrong with him. Why had we not got to the bottom of it by that point?

It may be just rotten bad luck. But at this level of football, at a company turning over 8 figures a year, such significant issues should never just be instantly put down to bad luck (that’s not to say that’s what we’re doing btw).

It depends on the type of injuries they are, you'd need to collate a list of all the players that have been injured in the last year, how they were injured, what type of injury it was and what their history of injury was in that area before it.

I know lots of stats are available but not sure about injury stats, is anyone keeping track of that?

HibsGW
17-08-2022, 03:53 PM
Too many people have been conditioned by football manager and FIFA etc to think that when a player gets an injury, there will be a specific set date in the future when they’ll return to full fitness. The reality is rehab from serious injury is a multi-stage process and how quickly a player moves through those stages will be determined by how their body reacts to the increasing workload put on them and whether or not any set backs occur. Of course, the players and staff responsible will have a best case scenario timeline they hope to get back by but as we have experienced with previous set backs, trying to predict anything to far into the future results in heightened expectations and ultimately disappointment.

Hibs haven’t ever indicated that Magennis had a serious injury which is probably the main reason his unavailability is so frustrating. He was 2 weeks away, then he was still 2 weeks away, then he just vanished for almost a year.

hibbyfraelibby
17-08-2022, 04:07 PM

After the World Cup break more like...assumming nobody sneezes near him and purs him back 3 months🙃

Coco Bryce
17-08-2022, 05:52 PM

Have you seen the timber he needs to shift as well?

Smartie
17-08-2022, 06:14 PM
Call me a doom and gloomer, but I’d be budgeting on getting zero from Nisbet, McGeady, Magennis and Mitchell this season. They’re all going to be either injured or a “returning from injury shadow of themselves” version at best. Or maybe picking up another injury after they get over these injuries.

If we get more from any of them it should be considered to be a bonus.

Based on that, we build a squad accordingly.

In my opinion, based on getting lucky with further injuries, we’re a CH, a CM and a CF off having a squad that will compete for top 6.

Jones28
17-08-2022, 06:28 PM

In short the two guys we really could do with being fit are still a couple of months away from team training. Magennis and Nisbet.

Coco Bryce
17-08-2022, 06:34 PM
In short the two guys we really could do with being fit are still a couple of months away from team training. Magennis and Nisbet.

Basically yip.

Callum_62
17-08-2022, 06:40 PM
Have you seen the timber he needs to shift as well?Wish I was carrying 'the timber' he is [emoji1787][emoji1787]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220817/5a6686756e463d444d0374b9d4d4ee79.jpg

CmoantheHibs
17-08-2022, 06:47 PM
Maybe he has some kind of muscle imbalance which is the root cause of his injuries and that imbalance needs to be rectified.

LunasBoots
17-08-2022, 06:55 PM
Call me a doom and gloomer, but I’d be budgeting on getting zero from Nisbet, McGeady, Magennis and Mitchell this season. They’re all going to be either injured or a “returning from injury shadow of themselves” version at best. Or maybe picking up another injury after they get over these injuries.

If we get more from any of them it should be considered to be a bonus.

Based on that, we build a squad accordingly.

In my opinion, based on getting lucky with further injuries, we’re a CH, a CM and a CF off having a squad that will compete for top 6.

Think we will see a fair bit of Nisbet but pretty concerned by the rest especially in a key position of creativity where Magennis should be playing, really think we are very short of what we need there.

Coco Bryce
17-08-2022, 06:58 PM
Wish I was carrying 'the timber' he is [emoji1787][emoji1787]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220817/5a6686756e463d444d0374b9d4d4ee79.jpg

That was months ago 😂

GreenGray
17-08-2022, 07:20 PM
That was months ago [emoji23]

What and you think he will look worse after months of training than he does on his summer holidays?

Where’s your proof he needs to shift some timber?

Waxy
18-08-2022, 07:05 AM
What and you think he will look worse after months of training than he does on his summer holidays?

Where’s your proof he needs to shift some timber?

He’s bought a shed ftom ikea

Since452
18-08-2022, 09:06 AM
Wish I was carrying 'the timber' he is [emoji1787][emoji1787]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220817/5a6686756e463d444d0374b9d4d4ee79.jpg

Fat *******. Shocking shape to get in to.

superfurryhibby
18-08-2022, 10:01 AM
That was months ago 😂

So you are privy to Magennis' stats and have knowledge of his fitness levels? :confused:

Or maybe you're just making things up :faf:

wookie70
18-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Not much timber here and good news about a potential return.
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1559960498786820097/photo/1

Just_Jimmy
18-08-2022, 10:16 AM
Kyle Magennis is a cracking player. That's beyond discussion.

I don't believe he will make any contribution this season. Which... if he gets properly fit and it means he'll be the player he can be for the rest of his contract, I'm fine with. However, I don't believe that'll be the case.

I really fear that we're stuck with a long contract for a player who's carrying chronic injuries. Of course Hibs signed that contract so I, in no way apportion any blame to Kyle. I just really wish it was different.

Of course, I hope I'm totally wrong and he's back playing his best football for hibs for many years to come.

Good luck to him in his battle to get fit.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
18-08-2022, 11:17 AM
So you are privy to Magennis' stats and have knowledge of his fitness levels? :confused:

Yes I am.

scoopyboy
18-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Yes I am.

Now that's what I call a silencer.

superfurryhibby
18-08-2022, 11:48 AM
Yes I am.

Even if you do, I wonder if you've considered exercising some discretion around posting this kind of stuff on here. Mud sticks and this forum can be a bit of a cesspit at times.

However, now that you have. Care to elaborate on what has changed in a few months. Has Magennis had a reverse epithany and thought, **** it all. I'm going from ripped god to carrying additional heft?

I take it the medical/rehabl staff at Hibs failed to pick up on this shift and he just transformed his diet/training/exercise regime in a random manner that evaded the attention of the professionals employed to support him back to fitness?

Billy Whizz
18-08-2022, 11:56 AM
Yes I am.

Post them please

Coco Bryce
18-08-2022, 12:13 PM
Post them please

See post above.

Coco Bryce
18-08-2022, 12:15 PM
Even if you do, I wonder if you've considered exercising some discretion around posting this kind of stuff on here. Mud sticks and this forum can be a bit of a cesspit at times.

However, now that you have. Care to elaborate on what has changed in a few months. Has Magennis had a reverse epithany and thought, **** it all. I'm going from ripped god to carrying additional heft?

I take it the medical/rehabl staff at Hibs failed to pick up on this shift and he just transformed his diet/training/exercise regime in a random manner that evaded the attention of the professionals employed to support him back to fitness?

It's not rocket science. He's not played/trained for nearly a year.

Tyler Durden
18-08-2022, 12:15 PM
Yes I am.

Is this like your inside knowledge on Porteous, where you have predicted and speculated about every possibility in an effort to seem ITK?

Coco Bryce
18-08-2022, 12:17 PM
Is this like your inside knowledge on Porteous, where you have predicted and speculated about every possibility in an effort to seem ITK?

I must have missed the communication from the club regarding him signing his new contract? 🙄

Tyler Durden
18-08-2022, 12:20 PM
I must have missed the communication from the club regarding him signing his new contract? 🙄

Ha ha, wow who could have foreseen that he wouldn't sign a new deal?!

You were talking nonsense about him and Nisbet being offered poor deals, then it was a good deal but Porteous wanted to be captain, then some other baseless rumour. You know nowt.

Coco Bryce
18-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Ha ha, wow who could have foreseen that he wouldn't sign a new deal?!

You were talking nonsense about him and Nisbet being offered poor deals, then it was a good deal but Porteous wanted to be captain, then some other baseless rumour. You know nowt.

Cool mate 👍🏻

superfurryhibby
18-08-2022, 12:29 PM

So the photos showing he was totally ripped were not from a recent holiday?

KeithTheHibby
18-08-2022, 12:51 PM
Not much timber here and good news about a potential return.
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1559960498786820097/photo/1

Exactly. That photo tells it all. There is another pic kicking about with him and Nisbet and they've got this seasons training kit and he is carrying anything but timber.

Ridiculous to say otherwise.

04Sauzee
18-08-2022, 03:03 PM
Thinks you love to see
Hibs posted this just now

https://i.ibb.co/tMqwvsh/20220818-160220.jpg (https://ibb.co/HDtLbz2)

MikeyS
18-08-2022, 03:18 PM
What a fat ******* he looks there, going to take til about April by the time he is fit I reckon! 😉

Coco Bryce
18-08-2022, 03:18 PM
Thinks you love to see

https://i.ibb.co/tMqwvsh/20220818-160220.jpg (https://ibb.co/HDtLbz2)

Kyle looking well there 😳

I've had a shocker here. I have been proper stitched up by someone 🙄

Callum_62
18-08-2022, 03:25 PM
Thinks you love to see

https://i.ibb.co/tMqwvsh/20220818-160220.jpg (https://ibb.co/HDtLbz2)when did we sign Billy Bunter? [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Coco Bryce
18-08-2022, 03:28 PM
Did we sign Billy Bunter? [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Must be photoshopped 😀

Callum_62
18-08-2022, 03:31 PM
Must be photoshopped [emoji3]I'm curious to know what you were told his stats were?

CapitalGreen
18-08-2022, 03:41 PM
I'm curious to know what you were told his stats were?

😂😂

Brightside
18-08-2022, 04:02 PM
Kyle looking well there 😳

I've had a shocker here. I have been proper stitched up by someone 🙄

:greengrin:greengrin

Video of him on the ball too. Great to see it. He works with a PT all the time away from football. I dont think hes the type to get heavy. BUT he will take ages to get match fit.

hibee-boys
18-08-2022, 05:45 PM
There’s been so many false dawn’s with Kyle we just cannot rely on him being fit and able to contribute.

cameronw-hfc
18-08-2022, 06:12 PM
Cabraja might be unavailable for Sat due to his dad passing.

Smartie
18-08-2022, 10:15 PM
Cabraja might be unavailable for Sat due to his dad passing.

That's terrible news for the lad.

Could put us in a tricky position though, will probably mean that we're onto our 5th choice LB?

Cabraja, Stevenson, Mitchell would possibly be the pecking order there but the 2nd 2 are out.

Campbell deputised there but may or may not be back, and it's a bit different deputising against weaker teams than it is against Rangers.

Hanlon next? Or are we onto Oscar McIntyre for a debut?

Miller? Or do we stick Cadden over there and play Miller at RB (even though that was a disaster last time?)

cameronw-hfc
18-08-2022, 11:52 PM

Could put us in a tricky position though, will probably mean that we're onto our 5th choice LB?

Cabraja, Stevenson, Mitchell would possibly be the pecking order there but the 2nd 2 are out.

Campbell deputised there but may or may not be back, and it's a bit different deputising against weaker teams than it is against Rangers.

Miller? Or do we stick Cadden over there and play Miller at RB (even though that was a disaster last time?)

Newell could do a job, works hard, decent crosses, would hold his own defensively as cover

McGruber
19-08-2022, 06:04 AM

When Miller signed they said he could play right or left back. If he then can't play left back when the other 3 are missing I suspect saying he could at the time was made up

superfurryhibby
19-08-2022, 07:24 AM
Have you seen the timber he needs to shift as well?

That was months ago ��

Or maybe you're just making things up :faf:

Yes I am.

You’ve done a good job of making yourself a laughing stock. People pretending they know stuff, lol.

Kyle looking well there ��

I've had a shocker here. I have been proper stitched up by someone ��

Weaponised posting embarrassment, you win the prize.

Stubbsy90+2
19-08-2022, 08:58 AM
Newell could do a job, works hard, decent crosses, would hold his own defensively as cover

Newell would be an utter disaster at LB imo.

Slim Shady
19-08-2022, 09:04 AM

It won’t be him.

Campbell is fully fit with him and MacIntyre being used in training this week as LB for weekends match.

green day
19-08-2022, 11:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCaea3YvLTs

LJ pre match

Since452
19-08-2022, 02:23 PM
Rocky 50/50. Hope thats just Lee playing his cards close to his chest. Hanlon thrown in again worries me.

cameronw-hfc
19-08-2022, 06:12 PM

I think he'd be alright as cover, sure LJ said something about him possibly playing there during pre season as well

B.H.F.C
19-08-2022, 07:01 PM

He played a couple of games at left wing back just before Covid, under Ross. Slightly different to playing left back but he was more effective playing there than I’ve seen him in the middle of the park.

Expect Campbell will play there, as with the Norwich game but I’d much rather have a lefty playing there.

Callum_62
20-08-2022, 04:33 PM
Mcgeady saying he hopes to 'be back out there' in 3 or 4 weeks

Mitchell not in the squad today - injured or on the way out?

Callum_62
27-08-2022, 01:07 PM
Rocky now out for several months

Dabrowski sounds longer term than that too

Anyone know what's happening with Mitchell?

green day
27-08-2022, 01:28 PM
Rocky now out for several months

Dabrowski sounds longer term than that too

Anyone know what's happening with Mitchell?

Club says 2 months for Rocky

eastterrace
27-08-2022, 01:33 PM
Why are we getting so many long term injuries it surely can’t be all down to bad luck.

Sir David Gray
27-08-2022, 01:44 PM
Why are we getting so many long term injuries it surely can’t be all down to bad luck.

Bushiri's was a contact injury in training.

There's not much that can be done to prevent them.

Diclonius
27-08-2022, 04:04 PM
Either something is happening in training or we are cursed. This level of consistent, long term injuries isn't normal.

Unseen work
27-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Rocky is a huge blow - something I’m sure many wouldn’t have thought we’d be saying.

He’s been brilliant this season and the best defender by a mile, also allows Johnson to play how he wants us to.

Half those chances St Mirren had today wouldn’t have happened if he was playing

IberianHibernian
27-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Rocky is a huge blow - something I’m sure many wouldn’t have thought we’d be saying.

He’s been brilliant this season and the best defender by a mile, also allows Johnson to play how he wants us to.

Half those chances St Mirren had today wouldn’t have happened if he was playingHe was missed today . Hanlon and Porteous were all over the place . Not back till after the World Cup so need at least one new defender in

Since452
30-08-2022, 09:31 AM
Gutted Rocky is out. The big fella has been good this season so far. Surely our luck is going to change at some point?

McGruber
30-08-2022, 10:57 AM
Wonder how far away McGeady is now. Initial report was between 6 to 12 weeks and that has now been 6ish. He said 2 weeks ago he hoped to be back in 3 or 4 weeks. Can't be far off running or light training now, week or 2?

bigwheel
30-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Wonder how far away McGeady is now. Initial report was between 6 to 12 weeks and that has now been 6ish. He said 2 weeks ago he hoped to be back in 3 or 4 weeks. Can't be far off running or light training now, week or 2?

12 weeks lay off , not even half way through that yet …Although as it’s a repeat of his medial ligament tissue of last year - and done without any contact from a player - there has to be question marks as to whether he will make it back at all..wouldn’t be surprised if he has to retire …

KeithTheHibby
30-08-2022, 12:31 PM
12 weeks lay off , not even half way through that yet …Although as it’s a repeat of his medial ligament tissue of last year - and done without any contact from a player - there has to be question marks as to whether he will make it back at all..wouldn’t be surprised if he has to retire …

I am pretty sure some Norwich thug went through him so it was anything but non-contact...

JimBHibees
31-08-2022, 07:21 AM
I am pretty sure some Norwich thug went through him so it was anything but non-contact...

Yep

ancient hibee
31-08-2022, 04:51 PM

Think the tackle hit the ankle but aggravated his ligament injury-always likely to happen-and an accident waiting to happen given the tackling usually dished out to his type of player.

West lower
31-08-2022, 05:06 PM
Think the tackle hit the ankle but aggravated his ligament injury-always likely to happen-and an accident waiting to happen given the tackling usually dished out to his type of player.

Derek Ferguson on Sportsound on Saturday said he was speaking to Mcgeady who told him that he had broken a metatarsal in his foot kicking the ball. A recurrence of a previous injury.

ancient hibee
31-08-2022, 06:43 PM
Derek Ferguson on Sportsound on Saturday said he was speaking to Mcgeady who told him that he had broken a metatarsal in his foot kicking the ball. A recurrence of a previous injury.
That’s not what Hibs have said.Though when I think about it I’m not sure if we ever said which of his previous injuries had recurred.

Since452
06-09-2022, 02:11 PM
So another week closer to getting the injured guys back. Hopefully Magennis is still making steady progress and upping his work on the grass. If we can keep churning out results in their absence we could find ourselves in a strong position when they return.

Alex Trager
16-09-2022, 10:14 AM
Any updates?

hibee-boys
16-09-2022, 10:49 AM
Any updates?

Lewis back, Melkerson still out due to the concussion which is a worry…..Kyle Magennis……‘making progress’🤷🏼

New striker fit and ready to contribute if needed, McKirdy suspended.

hibsbollah
16-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Lewis back, Melkerson still out due to the concussion which is a worry…..Kyle Magennis……‘making progress’🤷🏼

New striker fit and ready to contribute if needed, McKirdy suspended.

He will be have given a series of tests to assess his cognitive function and either struggled with them or said he’s not feeling good on a series of SCAT indicators which suggest he’s not feeling right.

I came off my bike a couple of months ago, landed face first and cracked my helmet in two (matron). Confirmed concussion and took some time off. After five days I’d stopped feeling spaced out, but even after 10 days and even though I felt back to normal was still a bit forgetful and anything like online chess I was losing in just a few moves. It was quite unnerving and must be difficult for a proper athlete.

zitelli62
16-09-2022, 11:11 AM
He will be have given a series of tests to assess his cognitive function and either struggled with them or said he’s not feeling good on a series of SCAT indicators which suggest he’s not feeling right.

I came off my bike a couple of months ago, landed face first and cracked my helmet in two (matron). Confirmed concussion and took some time off. After five days I’d stopped feeling spaced out, but even after 10 days and even though I felt back to normal was still a bit forgetful and anything like online chess I was losing in just a few moves. It was quite unnerving and must be difficult for a proper athlete.

Fancy a game of chess?

hibsbollah
16-09-2022, 11:13 AM
Fancy a game of chess?

That’s the one with the red and yellow plastic circles where you have to get four in a row yeah?

zitelli62
16-09-2022, 11:17 AM
That’s the one with the red and yellow plastic circles where you have to get four in a row yeah?

Not sure just thought I would win something for the first time in my life.

04Sauzee
16-09-2022, 12:41 PM

A cracked helmet 😱

All seriousness I'm glad things are on the up.

hibsbollah
16-09-2022, 01:06 PM
A cracked helmet 😱

All seriousness I'm glad things are on the up.

Since452
16-09-2022, 01:11 PM
Think we might see Magennis on the bench after the international break.

zitelli62
16-09-2022, 01:42 PM

Sounds like your on the mend hopefully everything gets back to normal soon.

hibsbollah
16-09-2022, 02:08 PM
Sounds like your on the mend hopefully everything gets back to normal soon.

What nice folk on here!
I am back to normal thanks, apart from boring every cyclist I meet without a helmet on that they are being ****ing idiots. I’m like a fundamentalist for bike helmets, I literally would have been dead or at least dealing with life changing injuries without one.

McGruber
29-09-2022, 11:53 AM
Hibs twitter with Rocky back in training.
Melkerson & McKirdy added from the Aberdeen game and Magennis not far off the bench, starting to look in a stronger position now

wandering_hibee
29-09-2022, 12:03 PM
Looks like no returning names for this one but hopefully not too much longer for 1 or 2 to return. Preview: Ross County (A) - Hibernian FC (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/preview-ross-county-a)

JohnM1875
29-09-2022, 12:03 PM
Melkerson & McKirdy added from the Aberdeen game and Magennis not far off the bench, starting to look in a stronger position now

Nisbet and Rocky both back doing no contact training. Not rushing anything with Nisbet though. Demi and Melkersen back as well.

Positive stuff.

McGruber
29-09-2022, 12:22 PM
Nisbet and Rocky both back doing no contact training. Not rushing anything with Nisbet though. Demi and Melkersen back as well.

Positive stuff.

Mitchell aswell that's great news - just leaves McGeady to get the boots back on & Dabrowski the gloves

Donegal Hibby
29-09-2022, 12:25 PM

Positive stuff.
I was worried there when I seen Current injury Thread up .Thought don't tell me we have more out ! :panic:. All good though

Since452
29-09-2022, 01:05 PM

Great stuff. The squad starting to look pretty strong.

BlackSheep
29-09-2022, 01:54 PM

Is McKirdy not still serving his suspension....?

GloryGlory
29-09-2022, 02:15 PM
Is McKirdy not still serving his suspension....?

No - he served two games of it in England, 1 league match and 1 midweek cup match, and the last one was the Aberdeen game.

Billy Whizz
29-09-2022, 02:16 PM
Got Sauzee back next week as well😀

BlackSheep
29-09-2022, 02:18 PM
No - he served two games of it in England, 1 league match and 1 midweek cup match, and the last one was the Aberdeen game.

Awesome, I had heard he would miss the Ross County game too but im happy to take your info on this.... exciting weekend ahead!

HibeeMackenzie
29-09-2022, 04:06 PM
Johnson saying Magennis could be involved on Saturday

HoboHarry
29-09-2022, 04:18 PM
League is oors......

superfurryhibby
30-09-2022, 10:39 AM
Johnson saying Magennis could be involved on Saturday

Outstanding news. The laddie is looking totally ripped in the team photo released yesterday. Some size.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/official-team-photo-2022-23

Callum_62
30-09-2022, 12:30 PM
Outstanding news. The laddie is looking totally ripped in the team photo released yesterday. Some size.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/official-team-photo-2022-23Some amount of timber on him

Since452
30-09-2022, 02:09 PM
What a boost it would be to even have Kyle on the bench tomorrow. Deighted for him, and us if he can recapture the form he was showing before his injuries.

Potty78
30-09-2022, 07:30 PM
What a boost it would be to even have Kyle on the bench tomorrow. Deighted for him, and us if he can recapture the form he was showing before his injuries.

Yip, I really hope he hits the form of early last season. Top player

ancient hibee
30-09-2022, 09:45 PM
Hopefully we can make the game safe early and he can get 15 minutes towards the end.

et_hibby
30-09-2022, 10:27 PM

😀will be like having a new signing

Tyler Durden
01-10-2022, 05:25 PM

😎

Up-the-slope
01-10-2022, 05:33 PM
😎
:spammy:

GreenCastle
07-10-2022, 09:16 AM
JDH getting an op on foot - nothing too serious and back in few weeks.

Bojang hurt his groin - 1-4 weeks out according to LJ

Since452
15-10-2022, 09:10 AM
Rocky and Mitchell possibly on the bench today?