PDA

View Full Version : Mcgeady injury

john rossi
28-07-2022, 10:49 PM
Having heard the news that Aiden Mcgeady is out from 6 to 10 weeks another winger must be a priority for Lee Johnson I now have my doubts whether this signing was in our best interests as he seems injury prone and our money would have been better spent on a younger alternative?

SMAXXA
28-07-2022, 11:27 PM
Having heard the news that Aiden Mcgeady is out from 6 to 10 weeks another winger must be a priority for Lee Johnson I now have my doubts whether this signing was in our best interests as he seems injury prone and our money would have been better spent on a younger alternative?

Yet people want Experience, he was and is a good signing he’s got an injury it happens we move on. I’m sure he will still offer a lot to the group with his experience whilst out.

One Day Soon
28-07-2022, 11:47 PM
McGeady out for up to two and a half months you say? Colour me shocked. Who could possibly have forseen this?

Allant1981
29-07-2022, 07:02 AM
McGeady out for up to two and a half months you say? Colour me shocked. Who could possibly have forseen this?

No one as he got injured after contact during the game

CentreLine
29-07-2022, 07:05 AM
Well it looks like we have more threads on McGeady’s injury than he’s had injuries since he arrived. 🤣

McGruber
29-07-2022, 07:27 AM

I'm not sure he did. It's what is being said and the Norwich player charges in at the back of him to close down however looks to stop short of making contact. Looks like it went as he tried to turn. Moot point as he is injured the same either way

One Day Soon
02-08-2022, 10:36 AM

Yes, it is so difficult to anticipate that an older player with an injury problem at his previous club may be more likely to be susceptible to injury...

Jim44
02-08-2022, 10:43 AM
One Day Soon is absolutely spot on. Although the actual contact injury could not be foreseen, McGeady’s age and susceptibility to injury was always a risk and, unfortunately, it’s come home to roost. Good on Hibs for bringing in a high profile player but it seems to have backfired.

hibby rae
02-08-2022, 11:18 AM
I might be in a minority but I thought at the time it wasn't a great signing. It would have been five years ago but not now.

So with that in mind, whilst it's crap for him to be injured, and I do feel for him, I don't feel Hibs are going to miss him at all and it's not necessarily a bad thing for the team.

Brummie_Hibs
02-08-2022, 11:25 AM
It's a future quiz question.

Which Hibs player missed 2 penalties in competitive games, but never played a league match for Hibs.

SlickShoes
02-08-2022, 11:37 AM
Keep posting this, it’s good to go over it repeatedly