PDA

View Full Version : Doidge

Mango Man
24-07-2022, 07:26 PM
Thought he was really good today and was looking more like his old self, winning headers, more energy, just getting himself involved more, and of course missing a glaring chance, I still think he could be a useful part of this squad.

LewysGot2
24-07-2022, 07:41 PM
Yes, defensively as well as up the park.

Should have had a penalty.

Won a lot of aerial challenges :agree:

Unseen work
24-07-2022, 07:51 PM
I thought the same but think a large part of it was because he was up against very young and inexperienced centre backs.

I was impressed with him second half though, he seemed to be tracking back a lot more and drifting wide into space. Almost like he was trying to be more mobile which was good to see.

Although it probably should have been a pen what was that finish all about with the outside of his foot? Took an excellent touch and then used a very very odd technique to shoot.

Keith_M
24-07-2022, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure if there were any extenuating circumstances, as I was at the other end of the park, but he missed a total sitter in the second half.

We really need to be putting those sort of chances away.

MWHIBBIES
24-07-2022, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure if there were any extenuating circumstances, as I was at the other end of the park, but he missed a total sitter in the second half.

We really need to be putting those sort of chances away.

Boy almost took his shirt off him. Clear penalty.

Doidge was excellent today. Our first choice striker right now.

LewysGot2
24-07-2022, 07:56 PM

The shirt pull affected the shot big time.

No idea what Muir thought he saw.

B.H.F.C
24-07-2022, 08:00 PM
Played well today. Won pretty much every header. Two poor misses though, although one should have been a penalty.

Johnny_Leith
24-07-2022, 08:02 PM
Better than his recent performances, should still have scored a couple of goals but encouraging signs. Need to see performances of at least this going forward, too often he's posted missing.

GreenCastle
24-07-2022, 08:02 PM
Felt he did well with Bojang - seemed to give him more space to play his game. Definitely more effective and more minutes for the sharpness.

He’s actually really useful to have back defending crosses also at set pieces.

loanheadhibby
24-07-2022, 08:15 PM

He's a big dumpling.
Surely were not going to suffer you droning on about him for another season.

CapitalGreen
24-07-2022, 08:16 PM

Really need him to be scoring some goals then.

Hermit Crab
24-07-2022, 08:18 PM
He's a big dumpling.

:agree: He was ****ing nowhere to be seen on here after Wednesday nights shocker from Doidge. He's murder and hopefully the boy Youan gets in ahead of him.

wookie70
24-07-2022, 08:18 PM
I'm not a fan of Doidge in general. I don't think he wins enough headers, when he does they aren't well directed and he never really gets passed a jog and rarely puts defenders under pressure when they have the ball. I thought he was excellent today. His headers reminded me of Mixu and he worked really hard both on and off the ball. It may have been partly due to the opposition but he certainly looked lively and was moving freely which has not been the case since he returned from injury

04Sauzee
24-07-2022, 08:19 PM

Agreed blatant penalty, incredible how it was missed, shirt was nearly removed from his back

Tambo
24-07-2022, 08:20 PM
Much more involved today and won his fair share of headers but maybe should of scored his headed chance.

Definitely shirt pulling put him of and how was that not a pen?? Clear as day shirt pulling.

MWHIBBIES
24-07-2022, 08:24 PM
He's a big dumpling.

Yeah much better to give him abuse. Not.

bigwheel
24-07-2022, 08:26 PM
Yeah much better to give him abuse. Not.

If you have nothing positive to say in this positive thread, go away.

Agree with that…and yes, he was decent today..good to see him looking like his old self again….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacomo
24-07-2022, 08:30 PM
Really need him to be scoring some goals then.

I like Doidge and he does offer a lot still.

Ultimately he will be judged on goals of course. Hopefully he’s playing himself into form and goes on one of his scoring runs. We need a break somewhere.

bigwheel
24-07-2022, 08:37 PM

Ultimately he will be judged on goals of course. Hopefully he’s playing himself into form and goes on one of his scoring runs. We need a break somewhere.

Absolutely…if he doesn’t hit the net with some regularity, he will not be starting games. He is one of those streaky strikers…go a number of games without scoring, then scores for a few weeks in a row.

Coco Bryce
24-07-2022, 08:41 PM
Not a big fan of Doidge. Missed some good chances today but his positioning and movement was decent today. As our most experienced striker he really should be putting them away though.
Hopefully it all falls into place for him against Hertz.

loanheadhibby
24-07-2022, 08:44 PM
Absolutely…if he doesn’t hit the net with some regularity, he will not be starting games. He is one of those streaky strikers…go a number of games without scoring, then scores for a few weeks in a row.

When did he last score weeks in a row?
Our club is toiling at the moment and if we're pinning our hopes on Christian Doidge we're in a relegation battle.
The new manager must know he's not good enough.

CapitalGreen
24-07-2022, 08:46 PM
Our club is toiling at the moment and if we're pinning our hopes on Christian Doidge we're in a relegation battle.

His goals against League 1 Clyde are his only goals in the last 50 weeks.

LunasBoots
24-07-2022, 08:50 PM

Exactly, we need a regular goal scoring striker who'll do it most weeks, against St J he'll be his invisible self as weve seen before against there big huddys at the back. currently I don't see it, all looks too similar to last seasons failed strikers. We also create so many chances and don't have anybody clinical to take them.

supermcginn
24-07-2022, 08:53 PM

He was left out today and that's with Youan and nisbet unavailable. He won't be playing much if he stays. Youan will start on Saturday if his permit comes through.

Nicho87
24-07-2022, 08:54 PM
Doidge liked cause he’s a nice bloke at interviews?

Need a goal scorer.

I’d sell or move on ASAP

Winston Ingram
24-07-2022, 09:01 PM
Doidge looking more like his old self today. Thought he was excellent

SaulGoodman
24-07-2022, 09:07 PM
I like Doidge but sometimes he seems really slow to react to things, like he’s always on his heels.

HibbyAndy
24-07-2022, 09:08 PM
Doidge looking more like his old self today. Thought he was excellent

:agree: He was outstanding today , Anyone that tells me different knows nothing about football , Won every single header and puts his body on the line , Welcome back Christian :aok:

24-07-2022, 09:15 PM
Did well with his assist today.

loanheadhibby
24-07-2022, 09:21 PM
:agree: He was outstanding today , Anyone that tells me different knows nothing about football , Won every single header and puts his body on the line , Welcome back Christian :aok:

Hopefully he'll be outstanding on August 7.

B.H.F.C
24-07-2022, 09:25 PM
Hopefully he'll be outstanding on August 7.

Got July the 30th to worry about first!

uwxm07
24-07-2022, 09:29 PM

👍

Centre Hawf
24-07-2022, 09:58 PM
We should probably accept he should never lead the line on his own for us as he just doesn't score enough, I know the Norwich lad had a grasp of his shirt today but there is no excuse for how bad an effort it actually was in the end.

Then look at his 1v1 against Falkirk in the dying seconds, did any of you really back him to score when you saw it was him? And that was coming off a hat-trick just days before.

I want to love Doidge, sometimes I do, but majority of the time I get left wondering what he actually contributes when playing as a lone striker. If we want to get Europe we need Ellie Youan/Melkersen/Bojang playing mostly up front or beside him because we won't win many games with him leading the line on his own imo.

tonyrougier123
25-07-2022, 06:47 AM
If Christian doidge was clinical he’d bang in 25 a season.
Still love the big man though,hopefully he can convert more chances this season. Mon the doidgey 💪🏻🤞🏻

Coco Bryce
25-07-2022, 07:09 AM
Still love the big man though,hopefully he can convert more chances this season. Mon the doidgey 💪🏻🤞🏻

But he's not and that's why he is at Hibs :greengrin

flash
25-07-2022, 07:37 AM

To be fair nobody including the Old Firm strikers are getting that many very often.

Winston Ingram
26-07-2022, 09:07 PM

Top scorer in the SPFL scored 13 last season

Springbank
27-07-2022, 08:08 AM
He'll be a really useful guy to have on the bench (like he was last weekend) and once Elie Youan gets up to speed, we should be stretching teams more.

Big Christian is clearly a brilliant guy, but Youan promises to have the pace (and clinical finishing) that a top team's no9 needs these days

Betty Boop
27-07-2022, 08:49 AM
Top scorer in the SPFL scored 13 last season
Don't think that's right sure Giakoumakis was top scorer

Allant1981
27-07-2022, 08:55 AM
Don't think that's right sure Giakoumakis was top scorer

Yip and scored 13 league goals, regan cooke scored the same i think

CapitalGreen
27-07-2022, 09:08 AM
Yip and scored 13 league goals, regan cooke scored the same i think

Giakoumakis only started 11 games.

Allant1981
27-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Giakoumakis only started 11 games.

Yip, think he was injured a fair bit, 20 odd games and 13 goals is good going for any striker

Hector Mudflap
27-07-2022, 08:40 PM
He's a big dumpling.

Thats where I am - as soon as I read that I looked to see who posted it.... one man fan club . Everyone is entitled to an opinion but my goodness I honestly can't believe it sometimes. Convinced it's a wind up. We have a Poundland Joe Jordon. He has all the physical attributes and none of the skill or dig.

(In fairness he does have his own teeth)

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2022, 09:01 PM
Thats where I am - as soon as I read that I looked to see who posted it.... one man fan club . Everyone is entitled to an opinion but my goodness I honestly can't believe it sometimes. Convinced it's a wind up. We have a Poundland Joe Jordon. He has all the physical attributes and none of the skill or dig.

(In fairness he does have his own teeth)

I mean, the manager seems to agree, with Doidge playing every game. Unless you think he's on the windup too?

MagicSwirlingShip
27-07-2022, 09:28 PM
I mean, the manager seems to agree, with Doidge playing every game. Unless you think he's on the windup too?

He needs minutes if he’s going into the season as our number one striker. Hopefully he can hit a wee Doidge-esque purple patch and knock a few in over the coming weeks starting this Saturday

supermcginn
30-07-2022, 12:56 PM

Left out again. Dundee utd bound next week.

MWHIBBIES
30-07-2022, 01:03 PM
Left out again. Dundee utd bound next week.

He's on the bench, so no, he's not been left out.

Hope he isn't Dundee United bound, was mostly very good under Jack Ross so we'd definitely regret that. Is him going to a side who finished above us and have a great European tie to look forward to supposed to be some kind of insult?

Bridge hibs
30-07-2022, 01:29 PM
Left out again. Dundee utd bound next week.Doubt it, unless we have better lined up, still wouldnt be keen on punting him to a rival, hibs/Johnson cant be that daft

Cant they ? 😳

Coco Bryce
30-07-2022, 03:31 PM
He's gonna score the winner shortly...

Hibiza
30-07-2022, 04:28 PM

Misses too many for me.

WeeRussell
30-07-2022, 08:32 PM
He's on the bench, so no, he's not been left out.

Hope he isn't Dundee United bound, was mostly very good under Jack Ross so we'd definitely regret that. Is him going to a side who finished above us and have a great European tie to look forward to supposed to be some kind of insult?

Not if you think moving to Dundee Utd is a step up from Hibs I suppose.

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Misses too many for me.

About 5 minutes after coming on he dummied the ball to absolutely nobody and kept running into an offside position for a pass that was never going to come, our top striker aye?? :faf:

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 09:24 PM
About 5 minutes after coming on he dummied the ball to absolutely nobody and kept running into an offside position for a pass that was never going to come, our top striker aye?? :faf:

I defended Doidge pre-injury cause I thought he was actually decent. Like him as a guy as well. But I'd honestly accept any kind of fee for him now.

MWHIBBIES
30-07-2022, 09:26 PM

Imagine we finished 3rd again with doidge when you said it wouldn't happen once :faf:

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 09:27 PM
Imagine we finished 3rd again with doidge when you said it wouldn't happen once :faf:

A blind man could see he's not the same player now though?

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 09:30 PM

3 goals in what, a year?

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 09:31 PM
A blind man could see he's not the same player now though?

Not MW, he'd say Jack Ruby was innocent even though there was live footage of him murdering Lee Harvey Oswald.

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 09:32 PM
Not MW, he'd say Jack Ruby was innocent even though there was live footage of him murdering Lee Harvey Oswald.

I do love a conspiracy theory

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 09:33 PM
I do love a conspiracy theory

So do I but theres no conspiracy here, Doidge is not good enough. If he was then he'd be starting every game and scoring goals, he's doing neither.

Callum_62
30-07-2022, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't get rid unless we were bringing in another forward that offers that aeriel threat

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
30-07-2022, 09:35 PM
So do I but theres no conspiracy here, Doidge is not good enough. If he was then he'd be starting every game and scoring goals, he's doing neither.

Just waiting for the hat-trick against Clyde chat 🙄

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 09:37 PM
Just waiting for the hat-trick against Clyde chat 🙄

It's his glaring misses v Falkirk and Bonnyrigg that we should be talking about. Horrendous

Torto7
30-07-2022, 09:40 PM
He'll be a really useful guy to have on the bench (like he was last weekend) and once Elie Youan gets up to speed, we should be stretching teams more.

Big Christian is clearly a brilliant guy, but Youan promises to have the pace (and clinical finishing) that a top team's no9 needs these days

Good shout that. He's better of the bench.

Nicho87
30-07-2022, 09:45 PM
Well past his sell by date

If we want to improve time to get harsh

Same goes for Magennis too. Both are on decent spfl wages. Move on and get someone in who will contribute

MWHIBBIES
30-07-2022, 09:57 PM
3 goals in what, a year?

Rare to see you on here after a Hibs win

Hermit Crab
30-07-2022, 10:03 PM
Rare to see you on here after a Hibs win

No it isn't. :faf:

30-07-2022, 11:34 PM
No it isn't. :faf:

But is it to say something positive or to still look for something negative to say?

OldEast
31-07-2022, 04:32 AM
I wouldn't get rid unless we were bringing in another forward that offers that aeriel threat

My thoughts too. I think we'll still sign another striker and Doidge will go.

Leith Green
31-07-2022, 06:42 AM
I actually really like doidge , but you can see he isnt the style of striker that Lee johnson wants to play with. My main concern is that knowing scottish football , you need a striker who can win headers and take the ball in , around the the final 3rd and hold up the ball. Id still be playing doidge in quite a lot of games this season , unless we can upgrade on a similar style of forward

ZitellZeTime
31-07-2022, 08:37 AM
Well past his sell by date

If we want to improve time to get harsh

Same goes for Magennis too. Both are on decent spfl wages. Move on and get someone in who will contribute

Definitely agree with Doidge, don't think he's going to be a super sub for youan, want someone coming on for youan when defenders legs are tired with a bit more pace to run at them and more composure infront of goal than Doidge has shown apart from against Clyde in the last 6 months. LJ hasn't mentioned a striker though, think it would have only been if Doidge was to leave we bring someone in so hopefully he finds his shooting boots and has one of his good patches as he doesn't seem in a rush to leave

No sure I agree about Magennis though, I still don't know when he's back from injury but he's a class player and we desperately need CM's. Can't see us paying him off. I'd give him a chance to get back to full fitness as he will be like a new signing. A good one at that.

We don't really have a choice with him, he's not going to agree to just leave when he's injured and can't see us paying him off. Definitely talented player and different from anyone else we've got in the middle.

When is he due back? Does anyone actually know? Was an operation on his knee eh?

Callum_62
31-07-2022, 08:48 AM
See LJ picked out Christian in his post match as making a difference

Hermit Crab
07-08-2022, 06:57 PM
Terrible yet again today. Touch of an elephant. When is LJ going to see that he's not good enough?

neil7908
07-08-2022, 06:58 PM
Terrible yet again today. Touch of an elephant. When is LJ going to see that he's not good enough?

I don't think LJ rates him tbh but we don't have much else up front and no one with any sense of physicality.

Scotty Leither
07-08-2022, 07:02 PM
You could get the guy Noubile from Livingston for tuppence ha’penny.

Unseen work
07-08-2022, 07:02 PM
If he’s to play the target man and his role is to being others into play he really needs to improve his touch.

Some was Sunday league standard of touches today.

I actually like him but he needs to offer more than he has recently, still think we’ll see him leave before the end of the window.

Pretty Boy
07-08-2022, 07:06 PM
He wasn't great today but he gave Hearts something to think about with his physicality for the time he was on.

Some of his touches were honking but that was sometimes the case when he was on form. We can all see he's toiling a bit since his injury, I don't think the Doidge of a couple of seasons ago exists anymore tbh.

As a physical force he will be handy coming off the bench. Today it allowed Youan to drop deep or wide, as he seems to like to do, without leaving us with no one pressing the CBs. Not a long term solution but for now he is what we have an he'll play a part.

Cletus
07-08-2022, 07:10 PM
Barely celebrated when we scored. Strange.

JohnM1875
07-08-2022, 07:13 PM

Sure it wasn't because he couldn't keep up with the celebrations?

I honestly do like the guy, we've just moved on now.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2022, 07:17 PM

Bizarre to single him out. No way he was terrible. laughable thing to say. Just wasn't involved much, which is another point. He should've been. But terrible? Just a lie.

hibee_girl
07-08-2022, 07:17 PM

Watch it again, he chases after Boyle hands in the air as soon as the ball hits the net.

He probably just couldn't keep up with Boyle's mad run :greengrin

supermcginn
07-08-2022, 07:45 PM
If he’s to play the target man and his role is to being others into play he really needs to improve his touch.

Some was Sunday league standard of touches today.

I actually like him but he needs to offer more than he has recently, still think we’ll see him leave before the end of the window.

I think the problem is trying to find someone who will take him on the same wages. He's just not the same player.

hibee-boys
07-08-2022, 07:53 PM
He’s looked half the player since coming back from the injury, was hoping that a pre-season would get him back up to speed but there’s just no evidence of it thus far. Would love to see the big guy back in form but I get the sense he’ll be just plugging a gap if/when required this season.

Cletus
07-08-2022, 07:58 PM
He’s looked half the player since coming back from the injury, was hoping that a pre-season would get him back up to speed but there’s just no evidence of it thus far. Would love to see the big guy back in form but I get the sense he’ll be just plugging a gap if/when required this season.

Definitely need to upgrade on Doidge. A likeable enough chap but not good enough imho. Not even sure he was that great when he was allegedly at his best. Most of his goals are sclaffed or go in off his ar5e.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2022, 08:01 PM
Definitely need to upgrade on Doidge. A likeable enough chap but not good enough imho. Not even sure he was that great when he was allegedly at his best. Most of his goals are sclaffed or go in off his ar5e.

Thats just totally untrue.

There are plenty of valid things to say about him but thats pish. Like saying most of Boyles goals are penalties. Do they count for less like? Doidge scores the type of goals we've been desperately needing for years. At his best, hes excellent.

Sgt. Hartman
07-08-2022, 08:06 PM

It was Porto that barely celebrated the equaliser strangely. Something isn’t right with him right now.

CapitalGreen
07-08-2022, 08:06 PM

There are plenty of valid things to say about him but thats pish. Like saying most of Boyles goals are penalties. Do they count for less like? Doidge scores the type of goals we've been desperately needing for years. At his best, hes excellent.

With the exception of the Clyde match, Doidge hasn’t scored in a year.

Hibernian Verse
07-08-2022, 08:07 PM

I’ve always been a big Doidge fan but even I’m considering the possibility that you are, in fact, Christian Doidge.

Since452
07-08-2022, 08:15 PM
If we're looking for a target man type then Nouble at Livi looks a right handful.

Logie
07-08-2022, 08:16 PM
It was Porto that barely celebrated the equaliser strangely. Something isn’t right with him right now.

Weird as from the FF lower I seen Porto giving it the girfuy to the whole hearts back 4 when the goal went in..

Cletus
07-08-2022, 08:17 PM

No they don’t count for less, obviously. I do however think we need better and can get better than him. He’s never been much better than average for us. Fleetingly decent at best.

hibee_girl
07-08-2022, 08:18 PM
Weird as from the FF lower I seen Porto giving it the girfuy to the whole hearts back 4 when the goal went in..

Yep, he seemed to celebrate in front of Gordon as well

hibbydog
07-08-2022, 08:18 PM
He wasn't great today but he gave Hearts something to think about with his physicality for the time he was on.

Some of his touches were honking but that was sometimes the case when he was on form. We can all see he's toiling a bit since his injury, I don't think the Doidge of a couple of seasons ago exists anymore tbh.

As a physical force he will be handy coming off the bench. Today it allowed Youan to drop deep or wide, as he seems to like to do, without leaving us with no one pressing the CBs. Not a long term solution but for now he is what we have an he'll play a part.

Sensible post and totally agree

Onceinawhile
07-08-2022, 08:19 PM
Finished.

Touch like a trampoline.

Sgt. Hartman
07-08-2022, 08:48 PM

My mistake, I was only going of the little clip I seen on twitter. I'll absolutely let him off then :greengrin:cb

Logie
07-08-2022, 08:53 PM
My mistake, I was only going of the little clip I seen on twitter. I'll absolutely let him off then :greengrin:cb

Not a problem mate I thoroughly enjoyed his celebration so had to to post last reply haha!! I would be doing the same!

Logie
07-08-2022, 08:57 PM
Weird one with Doidge there’s a player there but we seemed to have moved on in terms of our play and to me he looks to struggle to keep up. To contradict myself we played long today which would suit him he done ok physically but nothing great that I can recall. Personally would rather watch Boyle, youan, melkersson up there as pace goes a long way in this league. If he’s a squad player I’m ok with that I don’t believe he should start games unless we just plan on hoofing it.

WeeRussell
07-08-2022, 09:01 PM
He’s a nicer guy than me. But his touch is worse than mine.

Unfortunate but true.

07-08-2022, 09:15 PM

Bit of a meaningless stat. His minutes on the pitch would be more relevant but I don't suppose that would suit whatever your agenda is.

greenlex
07-08-2022, 09:19 PM
With the exception of the goals he’s scored he’s yet to find the net in all the time he’s been here. FACT

The Modfather
07-08-2022, 09:21 PM
Bit of a meaningless stat. His minutes on the pitch would be more relevant but I don't suppose that would suit whatever your agenda is.

Surely it is relevant. Whether it was through injury or form, Doidge’s 2 goals last season were a major factor in why it was such an awful season.

07-08-2022, 09:27 PM
Surely it is relevant. Whether it was through injury or form, Doidge’s 2 goals last season were a major factor in why it was such an awful season.

Not scoring because you are injured is not the same as not scoring because you are off form.

The Modfather
07-08-2022, 09:38 PM
Not scoring because you are injured is not the same as not scoring because you are off form.

The net contribution is the same. If one of your main strikers is scoring 2 goals over a whole season as you finish in the bottom 6 and sack two managers. Does it really matter if it’s because of form or injury that the striker hasn’t contributed.

loanheadhibby
07-08-2022, 09:42 PM

You are deluded if you think we will finish 3rd.
Hearts will be at least 12-15:points ahead of us.
Other than Martin Boyle I'm not so sure many of our players would improve the Hearts squad.

07-08-2022, 09:44 PM
The net contribution is the same. If one of your main strikers is scoring 2 goals over a whole season as you finish in the bottom 6 and sack two managers. Does it really matter if it’s because of form or injury that the striker hasn’t contributed.

Duh! Of course it matters, if you are injured you cannot score goals. If you are injured another player plays instead. You are clutching at straws by now introducing net contribution.

Doidge only started 6 league matches and played a total of 717 minutes which equates to 8 full matches and he scored 2 goals. I totally disagree he was a major factor in why last season was as bad as it was.

Zambernardi1875
07-08-2022, 09:49 PM
Other than Martin Boyle I'm not so sure many of our players would improve the Hearts squad.

Don’t believe the hype and the media the smelly farts are absolute cloggers, they will struggle Thursday Sundays games. So frustrating in derbies how bad they really are yet we struggle to beat them.

CapitalGreen
07-08-2022, 09:51 PM

Ok, excluding the game against Clyde, Doidge hasn’t scored in over 1,023 minutes (over 17 hours) of football that he has been on the pitch since his previous goal 1 year ago.

B.H.F.C
07-08-2022, 09:55 PM
Doidge is done. Second touch was a tackle. No impact when he came on at all.

Need players right up the middle of the team. CH, CM, , CF.

EdinMike
07-08-2022, 09:55 PM
I’m afraid I’m in the “I like the guy, but we’ve moved on camp” as well. I would rather see what Bojang is all about.

Nicho87
07-08-2022, 10:04 PM
No one can keep saying he’s just back from injury etc

Boyle hasn’t kicked a ball since June 28th

Would much rather we let doidge go now and find some sort of squad player who could be used with more effect in any position LJ sees fit

LJ today confirmed he will not play Youane wide and will teach him how to mature to be a better number 9, that for me signals the end for doidge starting any meaningful game.

Good servant but time to move on

07-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Ok, excluding the game against Clyde, Doidge hasn’t scored in over 1,023 minutes (over 17 hours) of football that he has been on the pitch since his previous goal 1 year ago.

Okay, so if we go back to the start of last season he's got 5 goals in 1234 minutes, the equivalent of 13.7 matches (presumably you didn't count his 58 minutes against Clyde?)

WeeRussell
07-08-2022, 10:11 PM
Okay, so if we go back to the start of last season he's got 5 goals in 1234 minutes, the equivalent of 13.7 matches (presumably you didn't count his 58 minutes against Clyde?)

Isn’t that what “excluding” means?

07-08-2022, 10:27 PM
Is that what “excluding” means?

Yeah but when someone tries to make a ridiculous point that a player hasn't scored in a year but has to exclude a match where he scored 3 and chooses to overlook the fact he only played the equivalent of 11.4 matches during that timeframe, then I question whether or not he also excluded the minutes on the pitch v Clyde. Particularly when he didn't include the goal v Ross County on 8.8.21.

Allant1981
08-08-2022, 05:34 AM

Based on the 2 games this season you think hearts will finish 12-15 points in front, you are having a laugh, you are clearly basing it on last season or just another chance to have a moan about something, hearts were crap last week and bottled it this week. They are no where near as good as some folk in the media make out

Since452
08-08-2022, 05:36 AM

Surprised you think that. Are you basing that on their poor performance against Ross County and yesterday? Nothing between the teams.

J-C
08-08-2022, 05:53 AM
I don't think LJ rates him tbh but we don't have much else up front and no one with any sense of physicality.

They tried to get rid earlier but due to being given an extension by a previous manager Doidge decided to stay and keep his over inflated wages. This is the problem when you keep changing managers and the new guy wants to reshape the squad but can't because certain players have long deals.

KeithTheHibby
08-08-2022, 06:29 AM

Stop it. Did you really see that type of gap yesterday? I don’t doubt for one minute that they are a far more settled team than our work in progress and May finish above us but certainly not by that margin.
You also need to remember that neilson is a *****bag of a manager and any decent gaffer would have pushed that team to get a second, not withdraw into their shell like they did yesterday.

RossScott1991
08-08-2022, 07:19 AM
I think his time at Hibs is done. Probaly only reason he is still at the club is because Nisbet is injured. He will be moved on in January i reckon

jeffers
08-08-2022, 07:54 AM
They tried to get rid earlier but due to being given an extension by a previous manager Doidge decided to stay and keep his over inflated wages. This is the problem when you keep changing managers and the new guy wants to reshape the squad but can't because certain players have long deals.

I thought at the time giving him a new deal before it was known if he’d fully recovered from his injury was a bad idea. Now we are stuck with a player who looks well off it.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2022, 08:19 AM
I thought at the time giving him a new deal before it was known if he’d fully recovered from his injury was a bad idea. Now we are stuck with a player who looks well off it.

Debatable.

WestStandWillie
08-08-2022, 09:47 AM
Ball control was shocking. Looks way off the pace.

Lot of respect for Doidge for the way he bounced back after his torrid start but it’s clear he doesn’t fit into the way we’re trying to play so think it’s only fair we help him find a new club.

WeeRussell
08-08-2022, 10:14 AM

Out new left back would improve most first teams in our league. He’s going to be really good.

jeffers
08-08-2022, 10:15 AM
Debatable.

Meant he’s a player in the same way as anyone who plays football is HC. Certainly don’t think he’s a “player”, I’ve never been impressed by him.

ZitellZeTime
08-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Meant he’s a player in the same way as anyone who plays football is HC. Certainly don’t think he’s a “player”, I’ve never been impressed by him.

Not good enough at all, used to have purple patches, no covid and injury excuses anymore, Henrik Larrsons shin was split open and get back to form faster than doigge when he eventually got fit again.

Our biggest rivals, and possible competitos if we plan to achieve third 3rd or 4th have two better strikers who will each outscore him barri mckay the wee ****** will prob score more than him, prob couple other midfielders/wide players too.

He does have physical prescence but so did Trakys the legend and Konte, he hasn't done his job bar one game v a lower league clybe essentially in a preseason game which is now groups for the league cup.'

Youan gonna be good but still getting used to things, was unlucky with that Gordon save yesterday tho, and despite being smaller he seems to get on the end of more corsses than doidge.

Nisbet is what, Christmas? gonna take good few reserve games to get match sharpness iup to scratch before he's ready for the squad day. Even a loan.

There has to be a better striker than this who does more than just running around like james collins did these days who wants to play for Hibs and can score evert few games, or atleast look like a goal threat.

At first when we got him I felt a bit meh, then I absolutely loved the big guy and its sad cos he loves the club too but its football no place for sentiment, if we want to be challenging at where they say we need strikers who score more goals than in one game against lower league oppposition since January or somin.

Has to be one we can either afford or get on loan who can do better than what hes been doing the last 8 months.

I wish him the best when he does go as hes been a good servent, I think that injury has maybe done something to him ir he's just shot of confidence or maybe thise twi different goal sprees he went on were luck.

I remember reading he had the option of speaking to other clubs but wanted to stay, that alone tells u the manager wanted him replaced,

He might prove me wrong and go on one of his scoring patches, last one was long time ago, but if he does ill be ****ing delighted and I'll eat humble pie all night cos i couldnt be happier for him and for us. But It's not happening.

Stuart93
08-08-2022, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately think he’s done. A real shame and obviously struggling to find form again after his injury.

I’d try move him on if possible and bring another striker in

Brightside
08-08-2022, 01:52 PM

You really dont like being a Hibs fan do you. Its such odd behavior to constantly go out of your way to attack your own team.

Jones28
08-08-2022, 01:53 PM
I’d only keep him if it didn’t jeopardise the chances of another striker coming in.

He’s also under contract so would need paid off if he were to be moved on.

loanheadhibby
08-08-2022, 02:26 PM
You really dont like being a Hibs fan do you. Its such odd behavior to constantly go out of your way to attack your own team.

I love my team but am being realistic.
At the end of the season hopefully I will be apologising to you.
We are sadly lacking in so many areas at the moment but LJ will be aware of this.

B.H.F.C
08-08-2022, 02:40 PM
I love my team but am being realistic.
At the end of the season hopefully I will be apologising to you.
We are sadly lacking in so many areas at the moment but LJ will be aware of this.

We are still lacking, and there are certain areas we need to improve. But as things stand I don’t see us being 15 points off Hearts this season.

All we have between now and the World Cup is the league. Hearts have to deal with playing most midweeks over that same period and their league form will suffer for it. We’ve already seen it with Dundee Utd this weekend despite how much they’ve been talked up. And forgetting them, we are going to improve as well.