PDA

View Full Version : Match days email

stuart-farquhar
24-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Seems the club not really sure who we're playing today- V Greenock Morton it says!

flash
24-07-2022, 08:57 AM
Seems the club not really sure who we're playing today- V Greenock Morton it says!

An early chance to put things right.

Fifehibee1960
24-07-2022, 08:58 AM
MATCHDAY PREVIEW
Hibernian vs Greenock Morton

Let’s beat them this time

hibee
24-07-2022, 09:10 AM
I noticed that as soon as I opened the email, quite poor that whoever is sending this out doesn’t even bother to check it for errors.

S4uzee
24-07-2022, 09:11 AM
I noticed that as soon as I opened the email, quite poor that whoever is sending this out doesn’t even bother to check it for errors.

The club is poor all over atm so no real surprise

Pretty Boy
24-07-2022, 09:14 AM
Stuff like this is just funny now.

It's not a big deal but it's just so sloppy and as we have seen in midweek when there is a lack of attention to detail it can have consequences.

Billy Whizz
24-07-2022, 09:16 AM
Got a 2nd email and they’ve corrected it

hibee
24-07-2022, 09:17 AM
Got a 2nd email and they’ve corrected it

Yes got that too, maybe they read hibs.net!

.Sean.
24-07-2022, 09:18 AM
How do you download your ticket for today? Got mine free with the early bird and ‘purchased’ it but can’t seem to download it or that? Can’t find my card either ��

matty_f
24-07-2022, 09:20 AM
How do you download your ticket for today? Got mine free with the early bird and ‘purchased’ it but can’t seem to download it or that? Can’t find my card either ��

You should have an email with the ticket, just add it to your phone wallet.

WeeRussell

Assume it’ll be emailed separately as normal? Maybe check junk mail too

Libby Hibby
MATCHDAY PREVIEW
Hibernian vs Greenock Morton

Let’s beat them this time

Brilliant.

I never got the Morton one just the Norwich one.

.Sean.
24-07-2022, 09:23 AM
You should have an email with the ticket, just add it to your phone wallet.
I’ve just resent myself the confirmation email but unless I’m being really daft I can’t see any ticket attachment/ qr code, just seat numbers etc. I have last seasons season ticket in my Apple wallet but unsure if that will work

Billy Whizz
24-07-2022, 09:25 AM
I’ve just resent myself the confirmation email but unless I’m being really daft I can’t see any ticket attachment/ qr code, just seat numbers etc. I have last seasons season ticket in my Apple wallet but unsure if that will work

When you bought it you should have got 2 emails
One with confirmation and another with the ticket on it

flash
24-07-2022, 09:26 AM

You should have got 2 emails. One to confirm your purchase and the other with the ticket as an attachment.
The one you need is sent to you by ticketmaster.

Sir David Gray
24-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Got an email last week supposedly with information about how to purchase a ticket for the Norwich game - clicked on the link and it took me to an article about how to buy a ticket for the Clyde game which had been played about 4 days earlier.

In isolation it's totally harmless but on top of everything else it just kind of sums up how the club is operating at the moment.

Since452
24-07-2022, 09:29 AM
I'm maybe reading too much into it but are we maybe spinning too many plates at the minute which is leading to mistakes? We've grown the club massively off the pitch with all these sponsorships/partnerships, green initiatives and everything going on at the stadium etc. Now I'm not saying that stuff is bad, it's great, but do we have the infrastructure for it all? I know it's only a mistake on an email but there are a few mistakes creeping in, one of which was massive last week. Hope we're not spreading ourselves too thin.

.Sean.
24-07-2022, 09:29 AM
Got the ticket, came through in a separate email. Zero patience!

Eyrie
24-07-2022, 09:30 AM
Just another entry in a too long list of recent off field mistakes.

gbhibby
24-07-2022, 09:47 AM
Payment method doesn't allow Mastercard debit. It kept rejecting my card when trying to buy ticket for Morton game.

Allant1981
24-07-2022, 10:03 AM
Payment method doesn't allow Mastercard debit. It kept rejecting my card when trying to buy ticket for Morton game.

I bought mine last week using my debit card and its mastercard

gbhibby
24-07-2022, 10:19 AM
I bought mine last week using my debit card and its mastercard
I tried all options online but it rejected my card each time
What payment option should I choose. Tried on my phone is it different when you use PC?

Allant1981
24-07-2022, 10:30 AM
I tried all options online but it rejected my card each time
What payment option should I choose. Tried on my phone is it different when you use PC?

Nah should still accept it on your phone, when you click on payment option i just pressed mastercard rather than visa debit etc

The Captain....
24-07-2022, 10:33 AM
So unprofessional in so many things we do. Unsurprising.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

gbhibby
24-07-2022, 10:36 AM
Nah should still accept it on your phone, when you click on payment option i just pressed mastercard rather than visa debit etc
I did that but rejected my card, contacted the ticket office but still awaiting reply.

Allant1981
24-07-2022, 10:39 AM
I did that but rejected my card, contacted the ticket office but still awaiting reply.

Weird, hopefully you get a reply soon

gbhibby
24-07-2022, 10:50 AM
Weird, hopefully you get a reply soon
They are checking with ticketmaster. If you choose a card payment method on some ticket purchase systems and its a credit card they sometimes charge you an extra fees. Thanks for your help mate. Hopefully they will update the payment options so I don't have to ask my wife who is a jambo to buy my ticket.

Frazerbob
24-07-2022, 10:53 AM
Stuff like this is just funny now.

It's not a big deal but it's just so sloppy and as we have seen in midweek when there is a lack of attention to detail it can have consequences.

Wee things like this would be funny if we weren’t making an arse of the big things too. It’s getting beyond a joke now.

ancient hibee
24-07-2022, 10:54 AM
Administration of the club is extremely sloppy. Playing a suspended player- advertising the wrong match. Both indicative of very poor control of what's going on.

Tricla
24-07-2022, 12:14 PM
I see on the fishy site Josh Campbell is named as a starter and on the bench. Funny thing is, after discovering this I just got on with my life.

JammyDoidger
24-07-2022, 12:32 PM
Every single day there's an error coming out the club, doesn't matter how small, their all over the place it's no wonder what's on the park is the same.

Leith Green
24-07-2022, 01:07 PM

Ive had that same problem last 2 home games

RyeSloan
24-07-2022, 01:17 PM
Every single day there's an error coming out the club, doesn't matter how small, their all over the place it's no wonder what's on the park is the same.

They’re all over the place…small errors happen to the best of us [emoji12]

Lago
24-07-2022, 01:20 PM
When you bought it you should have got 2 emails
One with confirmation and another with the ticket on it
I keep get 6told that e tickets etc are the future, the to go, easy pezy yet every game numerous fans looking for help to download etc.

mcohibs
24-07-2022, 01:24 PM
I see on the fishy site Josh Campbell is named as a starter and on the bench. Funny thing is, after discovering this I just got on with my life.

Got on with your life and posted the mistake on here :greengrin

Allant1981
24-07-2022, 01:57 PM

Aye typos in an email make us terrible on the pitch, there arent half some drama queens on this site just now

snedzuk
24-07-2022, 02:03 PM

"Two Josh Campbells, theres only two etc etc"

Jamesie
24-07-2022, 07:08 PM
Got an email last week supposedly with information about how to purchase a ticket for the Norwich game - clicked on the link and it took me to an article about how to buy a ticket for the Clyde game which had been played about 4 days earlier.

In isolation it's totally harmless but on top of everything else it just kind of sums up how the club is operating at the moment.

I think the problem is that there seems to be no one office or individual taking ownership of communications and proofing things. I remember that when I was part of the Hibs.net volunteer team led by the late Stuart Crowther, we’d tend to have someone proof and sign off on the principal articles / match reports before they were published. For example, I remember an argument with Stuart over how I had approached Alen Orman’s illness in my report before it was published.

Is there anyone cross-checking our comms at the moment before they are issued? It would actually be more disappointing / worrying if there is.

LewysGot2
24-07-2022, 07:45 PM
I think the problem is that there seems to be no one office or individual taking ownership of communications and proofing things. I remember that when I was part of the Hibs.net volunteer team led by the late Stuart Crowther, we’d tend to have someone proof and sign off on the principal articles / match reports before they were published. For example, I remember an argument with Stuart over how I had approached Alen Orman’s illness in my report before it was published.

Is there anyone cross-checking our comms at the moment before they are issued? It would actually be more disappointing / worrying if there is.

Everything used to go past David Forsyth under previous regimes. Although the extent and frequency of comms now far outdo those days