PDA

View Full Version : We need to talk about Lee

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Springbank
20-07-2022, 11:11 PM
This manager has had 2 of the most noteworthy humiliating results since Pat Fenlon

He's had those 2 humiliations in his first 4 games

I'm very very far from convinced he grasps the scale of the opportunity he has here.

My hunch tonight, he won't last longer than Maloney - unless he swings the axe on the Heckingbottom One Pace League One crew

Doidge & Newell have cost 3 managers their jobs and are off to a flyer with a 4th

A huge clear out is needed or Johnson will become the next notch on the slow paced midfielder & striker's bedpost

andrew70
20-07-2022, 11:16 PM
100% with Doidge and Newell. The Wallyford bevy merchants are coasting through on cushty contracts.

Hopefully this will be the end of them but I highly doubt it.

Stubbsy90+2
20-07-2022, 11:17 PM
This manager has had 2 of the most noteworthy humiliating results since Pat Fenlon

I'm very very far from convinced he grasps the scale of the opportunity he has here.

My hunch tonight, he won't last longer than Maloney - unless he swings the axe on the Heckingbottom One Pace League One crew

Doidge & Newell have cost 3 managers their jobs and are off to a flyer with a 4th

A huge clear out is needed or Johnson will become the next notch on the slow paced midfielder & striker's bedpost

That Falkirk result was potentially our worst since relegation. Tonight’s wasn’t quite that bad but it’s still probably in the top 5 or so.

That is an abomination of a start. With a very tough start to the league fixtures he could find himself in some real bother if we get off to a bad start.

People didnt think Maloney was the man after his first 4 games when he won 3 and lost at Parkhead. By game 10 against Arbroath it was must win territory, so in reality, a bad run of 6 or so games.

Bad results in the next few games will have Johnson in a worse place than Maloney was going into the Arbroath game imo. If that’s how it unfolds then there’ll be no coming back from it if we’re honest just like Maloney was never coming back from his run. It won’t be a sacking that soon, but it’ll have a sense of us limping along to the inevitable.

As you say, he needs to bin a good few players who are simply nowhere near good enough and replace them with some players who will instantly improve us. If he doesn’t then he’ll fail, simple as that.

Hibernia&Alba
20-07-2022, 11:19 PM

Then big Ron and the board would have serious questions to answer: yet another manager sacked, WTF is going on?

Stuart93
Was unaware McAllister was giving it the “shh” gesture to the fans tonight as he was going down the tunnel.

A bit early in his tenure here to start giving that patter out

Unseen work
I think he’s the right man but the players are just so poor and lacking quality.

My worry is that we have hearts and rangers in the first 4 games of the season and if we don’t get good results in those along with the other two then a few will start calling for his head after a poor start.

We need signings and quick.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2022, 11:21 PM
Was unaware McAllister was giving it the “shh” gesture to the fans tonight as he was going down the tunnel.

That’s no good if it’s true.

Stubbsy90+2
20-07-2022, 11:21 PM

He can GTF if that’s the case.

Stuart93
20-07-2022, 11:23 PM

Don’t quote me on it but I’ve seen a tweet suggesting LJ went straight up the tunnel whilst his assistant was giving it the finger over the mouth gesture towards the fans. Can only presume it was due to the booing.

Stubbsy90+2
20-07-2022, 11:23 PM
I think he’s the right man but the players are just so poor and lacking quality.

My worry is that we have hearts and rangers in the first 4 games of the season and if we don’t get good results in those along with the other two then a few will start calling for his head after a poor start.

The first two are critical imo.

Lose both and he’ll never recover.

Lose to hearts and he’ll be really struggling regardless of the St J result.

Lose the first 3 and I’d suspect the calls for his head will begin.

And unfortunately, losing the first 3 would seem very possible.

Iain G
20-07-2022, 11:26 PM

He needs more than 7 games ffs!

Smartie
20-07-2022, 11:26 PM

I thought his comments about needing until well into September and needing multiple transfer windows to make his mark on the team were delaying tactics and wide of the mark.

Having seen his team play 4 times, I think I get where he’s coming from.

Stubbsy90+2
20-07-2022, 11:27 PM

And he’ll get more than 7.

If his first seven include defeats to Falkirk, Morton, Hearts and Rangers and only wins against Clyde and Bonnyrigg then he’ll be a dead man walking. He won’t be sacked, but it’ll be inevitable in the not too distant future.

Del Boy
20-07-2022, 11:27 PM
Don’t quote me on it but I’ve seen a tweet suggesting LJ went straight up the tunnel whilst his assistant was giving it the finger over the mouth gesture towards the fans. Can only presume it was due to the booing.

Absolute cheek if he has, can understand that from a manager who’s actually achieved something and is getting unwarranted stick but considering how we’ve been in these jokers first four games he can **** off

Bad Habits
20-07-2022, 11:30 PM
Hardly, A loss to Falkirk and a draw with Morton were standard fare under Stubbs and even in the highly lauded championship season under Lennon where we drew 15 and lost 3.

It's early in the season and its not been a great start against teams who will aim to frustrate us, but we are with out the quality that sets us apart due to injuries and work permit issues. there are shoots of good team, which will be improved with the additions of Youan and Cabraja and the return of Hanlon, Magennis, Mitchell and eventually Nisbet.

These players are the ones who will make the difference against teams who sit in.

green day
20-07-2022, 11:30 PM

Don't quote you on it?

matty_f
20-07-2022, 11:33 PM
Don't quote you on it?

I was sitting very close to the tunnel and I can't say I saw anything like that from him.

Stuart93
20-07-2022, 11:34 PM
Don't quote you on it?

Yep because it wasn’t me who seen it, I’m just going by a tweet I seen that someone agreed with happening.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2022, 11:53 PM
Hardly, A loss to Falkirk and a draw with Morton were standard fare under Stubbs and even in the highly lauded championship season under Lennon where we drew 15 and lost 3.

It's early in the season and its not been a great start against teams who will aim to frustrate us, but we are with out the quality that sets us apart due to injuries and work permit issues. there are shoots of good team, which will be improved with the additions of Youan and Cabraja and the return of Hanlon, Magennis, Mitchell and eventually Nisbet.

These players are the ones who will make the difference against teams who sit in.

Which is why Stubbs had to go. He failed. He finished below Falkirk in the league. No Hibs manager in my lifetime has managed that.
Great run to win the Scottish but let’s face it, with the players Stubbs had, to fail to be promoted twice is a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
21-07-2022, 12:00 AM
Which is why Stubbs had to go. He failed. He finished below Falkirk in the league. No Hibs manager in my lifetime has managed that.
Great run to win the Scottish but let’s face it, with the players Stubbs had, to fail to be promoted twice is a disgrace.

I think if we were all honest with ourselves, that night coming away from the Falkirk playoff loss was the lowest some of us probably had felt in a while. Rivalled the feeling of actually being relegated for me. If we never had a cup final the next week I think majority of us would have accepted that Stubbs' time was up that week.

That being said when we won the cup I wanted to keep him, fickle lot football fans. If Lee Johnson wins his next two competitive fixtures the pressure is off already.

Dmas
21-07-2022, 12:49 AM
I think at some stage we’re going to need to have a look at the mess and think that we have to stand by someone to make a few mistakes before getting us back on track again, LJ has a decent pedigree a lot of games managed at a decent level, I don’t know why that guy can’t be him.

He’s needing backed with a 2/3 proper signings though, and in this window.

Libby Hibby
21-07-2022, 12:53 AM
Hi body language was poor tonight. In fact everyone’s was.

Unseen work
21-07-2022, 12:55 AM
I think at some stage we’re going to need to have a look at the mess and think that we have to stand by someone to make a few mistakes before getting us back on track again, LJ has a decent pedigree a lot of games managed at a decent level, I don’t know why that guy can’t be him.

Completely agree.

Only so many times you can blame the manager.

It’s the players.

Forza Fred
21-07-2022, 01:15 AM

Not the first time I have questioned the purpose of posts like this.

Let’s see….didn’t see it, didn’t know about it.
Only purported ‘source’ a tweet from an unidentified mystery tweeter.

And if someone doesn’t want to be ‘quoted’ on it…why post it in the first place…….when the opposite will inevitably happen due to the fact that it was posted in the first place.?

I can only assume the Poster works for the Daily Record.

#2 Double Tap
21-07-2022, 01:19 AM
Completely agree.

It’s the players.

It’s the guy picking the players.

Unseen work
21-07-2022, 01:25 AM

He hardly has much options.

That’s 3 managers now struggled with the bulk of the players starting today.

Yet to be seen if Cabraja, Tavares, Bojan and Youan can turn things around

SingaporeHibs
21-07-2022, 01:28 AM

Newell set the pace of the game, wanted every ball in the opening 20 mins and basically went backwards every time. It set the tone of our entire game. Too slow going forward, how many chances did we create in the first half?

Doidge……mr point where the ball should go……and that’s always somewhere else but him.

The pair of them should be out the club before August ends. They have both had plenty time at the club. It’s time they both went.

As for Lee……one thing that worries me is a manager that tries to put square pegs in round holes…..he is at that against Morton……that’s a worry.

One week before the season starts…..this is worrying

Haymaker
21-07-2022, 01:32 AM
Completely agree.

It’s the players.

As someone once said to me: "What makes good managers? Good players."

Libby Hibby
21-07-2022, 01:43 AM
As someone once said to me: "What makes good managers? Good players."

And, I suppose, vice-versa

norhfc
21-07-2022, 05:25 AM

Really can’t see Tavares turning anything round, hopefully the others will be an improvement from what we had on the pitch last night.

theonlywayisup
21-07-2022, 06:05 AM
Yes, let's pick on Lee Johnson, as we did on Shaun Maloney and Jack Ross before.

Do people honestly believe that Lee Johnson is happy with the situation at Hibernian? He may toe the party line and say he's happy with the squad etc. But do we honestly believe he sat in a six-hour interview explaining his desire to manage with players plucked from various B-teams around the world.

The problem at Hibernian FC for the past few seasons has been that our player recruitment has been poor. We had a good platform with the team that came third, though I think we all acknowledged that it needed enhanced and developed. We are now in a considerably worse position than this time last season. That's not Lee Johnson's fault.

bigwheel
21-07-2022, 06:08 AM
Yes, let's pick on Lee Johnson, as we did on Shaun Maloney and Jack Ross before.

Do people honestly believe that Lee Johnson is happy with the situation at Hibernian? He may toe the party line and say he's happy with the squad etc. But do we honestly believe he sat in a six-hour interview explaining his desire to manage with players plucked from various B-teams around the world.

The problem at Hibernian FC for the past few seasons has been that our player recruitment has been poor. We had a good platform with the team that came third, though I think we all acknowledged that it needed enhanced and developed. We are now in a considerably worse position than this time last season. That's not Lee Johnson's fault.

Hasn’t Lee said that he gets to choose the players we sign ?

Gloucester Hibs
21-07-2022, 06:12 AM
Hasn’t Lee said that he gets to choose the players we sign ?

Yep, and he’s also IMO been afforded a much better starting point than our previous 3 managers. In so much as he’s had an entire close season to work with and not been dropped into a firefight.

The dalmeny
21-07-2022, 06:18 AM

Can't just keep sacking managers

flash
21-07-2022, 06:35 AM
Really can’t see Tavares turning anything round, hopefully the others will be an improvement from what we had on the pitch last night.

After 45 minutes you have written Tavares off?
I was raging last night but I hate this forum 100 times more.

h185forever
21-07-2022, 06:40 AM
LJ must recognise by now that he’s under pressure already. If he doesn’t……….

I’d like to think he has sussed out which players can and can’t adapt to what he wants.

I know the squad has limitations thru injuries and work permits at present but there are too many players who either can’t or won’t put in the effort to match the teams in our group. We are as soft as ****** and have been for a number of years.

That for me is the most unacceptable part of this. If the players showed more desire then the fans would be more supportive I’m sure. Too many of them seem to feel they are safe picks for the team and maybe that’s part of the problem.

if LJ doesn't grow a pair and remove some of these players then ultimately he will find he’s the one being replaced.

I’d rather see a team that’s trying than one that just seems happy going thru the motions.

The Captain....
21-07-2022, 06:41 AM
I'm getting to the stage where I'm struggling to give a **** who the manager is tbh.

Club is a shambles on the recruitment side.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
21-07-2022, 06:47 AM
I'm getting to the stage where I'm struggling to give a **** who the manager is tbh.

Deckchairs on the titanic stuff.

theonlywayisup
21-07-2022, 06:51 AM

:top marksEmbarrassing! If this was happening at any other SPFL team, we'd be laughing at them. But the joke is on us.

JimBHibees
21-07-2022, 06:51 AM
Not the first time I have questioned the purpose of posts like this.

Let’s see….didn’t see it, didn’t know about it.
Only purported ‘source’ a tweet from an unidentified mystery tweeter.

And if someone doesn’t want to be ‘quoted’ on it…why post it in the first place…….when the opposite will inevitably happen due to the fact that it was posted in the first place.?

I can only assume the Poster works for the Daily Record.

Yep just making it up.

JimBHibees
21-07-2022, 06:52 AM

Not wrong there.

McGruber
21-07-2022, 06:57 AM

Why doesn't he have much options?

Why are we in a position were we are starting with the bulk of players that let down the last 3 managers?

We have had all summer. We have spent a furtune on recruitment. We have brought in how many, 11 under Johnson's watch already.

We were crying out for 4 or 5 proven quality first team ready players. David Marshall the only one that he has brought in - great signing. We were crying out for 2 central midfielders and centre back, the spine of the team... nothing. There is still time left in the window however that is us already papped out the cup.

Budget *****ed on random select kids with potential... potentially a good team in 2 or 3 years.

The development additions needed to be balanced with 1st team ready players.

£6 milllion in the coffers and reduced to only hoping the club might bring in a couple players.

It's unbelievable. Just watched your predecessor fail with a midfield proven to be defunct and don't make it a priority to fix it. Will see Stevenson back in there soon

AdidasHibernian
21-07-2022, 06:57 AM

Nisbet will take weeks to get any sort of form even after he steps onto the pitch, and we can't rely on Magennis as he's sadly too injury prone which is not fair on the laddie mind as he seemed to be getting his form for us, not ruling him out but I can't see him playing much so instead of hoping they make impacts when fit, we need fresh hungry players now

theonlywayisup
21-07-2022, 06:59 AM
Yep just making it up.

I was behind the dugouts and there were two individuals with very loud voices shouting at the Hibs coaching staff. One of the coaching staff, I assume "The Accused", was looking up at the fans taking it all in. He did raise his hands to his face, but at no time did I see him do that aforementioned "Shh". If I was wanting to stir up trouble, I could say it was a "Shh", but from my view it wasn't.

In true Hibs.net style this "Shh" gesture will become fact, when there is absolutely nothing in it.

McGruber
21-07-2022, 06:59 AM
& Cadden at left back - what the actual f

The Baldmans Comb
21-07-2022, 07:08 AM
Its far to early to be critical of the managers signings but one thing is for sure Johnson is responsible as he has been at pains to point out he always has the final say in who comes to the club not either of the Gordons.

Its not hard to be critical of his disdain for lower league Scottish football though and his complete lack of respect.

Falkirk (away) set the tone which was always going to be the toughest game in the group against one of the best lower league managers around and was never the game for an experimental line up.

You only had to listen to his pre match interview last night to tell he had learned absolutely nothing when he talked about "good to have look at Cadds down the left" and at a stroke negated one of the teams best attacking options in a game where winning by a few goals was a neccesity.

He had even sold the Miller signing as a player who could play both flanks but decided to go for the virtually untried option instead.

The league cup in England is a joke competition which no-one takes seriously and Johnson brought this same attitude to Scotland with all his talk of this still being the pre-season.

Hibs now go into a very difficult opening sequence of games with young inexperienced players who will now be low on confidence and under pressure thanks to a manager who totally misread the opening sequence of games and didn't understand that historically Hibs have a top class record in recent cup competitions that has bred confidence and momentum for the league campaign.

Nicho87
21-07-2022, 07:10 AM
& Cadden at left back - what the actual f

Reminded me of fenlon and playing Stevenson at right back for half a season

McGruber
21-07-2022, 07:16 AM
Its far to early to be critical of the managers signings but one thing is for sure Johnson is responsible as he has been at pains to point out he always has the final say in who comes to the club not either of the Gordons.

Its not hard to be critical of his disdain for lower league Scottish football though and his complete lack of respect.

Falkirk (away) set the tone which was always going to be the toughest game in the group against one of the best lower league managers around and was never the game for an experimental line up.

You only had to listen to his pre match interview last night to tell he had learned absolutely nothing when he talked about "good to have look at Cadds down the left" and at a stroke negated one of the teams best attacking options in a game where winning by a few goals was a neccesity.

He had even sold the Miller signing as a player who could play both flanks but decided to go for the virtually untried option instead.

The league cup in England is a joke competition which no-one takes seriously and Johnson brought this same attitude to Scotland with all his talk of this still being the pre-season.

Hibs now go into a very difficult opening sequence of games with young inexperienced players who will now be low on confidence and under pressure thanks to a manager who totally misread the opening sequence of games and didn't understand that historically Hibs have a top class record in recent cup competitions that has bred confidence and momentum for the league campaign.

Good post

Smartie
21-07-2022, 07:18 AM

Writing Tavares off is nonsense, however… based on his showing last night, do you have confidence that he has what it takes to make a contribution towards Hibs picking up points against St Johnstone and Hearts over the next fortnight?

I don’t.

You’d hope has what it takes to be a good player in the medium to long term but based on that 45 minutes he doesn’t offer much right now.

Crunchie
21-07-2022, 07:19 AM

It's also a bit early for the bedwetters to get the knives out.

number9dream
21-07-2022, 07:23 AM
Cadden at left-back was a mistake. Chucking Tavares on at half-time when he’d just arrived in the country a day or two before was a mistake. But surely the players have to step up and take responsibility. It was a must-win game and yet we were ponderous and plodding against a team that had just been turned over by Clyde.

Unseen work
21-07-2022, 07:23 AM
Why doesn't he have much options?

Why are we in a position were we are starting with the bulk of players that let down the last 3 managers?

We have had all summer. We have spent a furtune on recruitment. We have brought in how many, 11 under Johnson's watch already.

We were crying out for 4 or 5 proven quality first team ready players. David Marshall the only one that he has brought in - great signing. We were crying out for 2 central midfielders and centre back, the spine of the team... nothing. There is still time left in the window however that is us already papped out the cup.

Budget *****ed on random select kids with potential... potentially a good team in 2 or 3 years.

The development additions needed to be balanced with 1st team ready players.

£6 milllion in the coffers and reduced to only hoping the club might bring in a couple players.

It's unbelievable. Just watched your predecessor fail with a midfield proven to be defunct and don't make it a priority to fix it. Will see Stevenson back in there soon

I agree that we still need proven quality in a couple of key positions. I think the board are of the “but when…” mindset.

“But when

Hanlon
Stevenson
Cabraja
JDH
Magennis
Mitchell
Nisbet
Youan

Are all available we’ll be a team and the key areas addressed”

The issue is you’ll very rarely have everyone available at the one time

Crunchie
21-07-2022, 07:24 AM

:top marks

Heisenberg
21-07-2022, 07:24 AM
It’s obviously very early to be under this sort of scrutiny but the club and manager have brought it on themselves. It’s going to get extremely poisonous in the stands if we lose a few league games in a row at the start of the season. What a mess.

The big signing to sort the midfield is looking like the inexperienced youngster that he is. He can barley pass a ball. You’ve also got to worry when the experience in the side are all playing dreadfully and not taking any responsibility (Doidge, Newell, Porteous). We’re in for a long season.

Stubbsy90+2
21-07-2022, 07:27 AM
It’s obviously very early to be under this sort of scrutiny but the club and manager have brought it on themselves. It’s going to get extremely poisonous in the stands if we lose a few league games in a row at the start of the season. What a mess.

The big signing to sort the midfield is looking like the inexperienced youngster that he is. He can barley pass a ball. You’ve also got to worry when the experience in the side are all playing dreadfully and not taking any responsibility (Doidge, Newell, Porteous). We’re in for a long season.

:agree:

The experienced players are massively letting us down. Doidge, McGeady, Newell and Porteous were atrocious last night and Cadden wasn’t really any better although he was played out of position. Plenty people called it before the game that he shouldn’t be playing there.

None of the 4 above have shown anything to suggest that we can count on them. If that’s our experienced players to help the raft of young players we have along then we’re in real bother.

JimBHibees
21-07-2022, 07:34 AM

The experienced players are massively letting us down. Doidge, McGeady, Newell and Porteous were atrocious last night and Cadden wasn’t really any better although he was played out of position. Plenty people called it before the game that he shouldn’t be playing there.

None of the 4 above have shown anything to suggest that we can count on them. If that’s our experienced players to help the raft of young players we have along then we’re in real bother.

Agree with Doidge and Newell genuinely look like they don't want to be here. Porto was ok as was McGeady who is obviously still getting up to speed put a brilliant ball in at the end and also had a decent effort just past. Found it strange McGeady on the right as always looks much more dangerous from the left. Cadden at left back effectively stopped our most attacking threat as second half showed. Real lack of leadership all over the park.

supermcginn
21-07-2022, 07:35 AM

TBF to Johnson, he won the league cup as a player setting up the winning goal in a Kilmarnock win v Celtic so I'm not quite sure that would be his attitude towards the competition.

Pretty Boy
21-07-2022, 07:35 AM
I've said before that managers are almost never given time, time needs to be earned.

If there are signs that Johnson has us on the right trajectory then he will be afforded that luxury, more results like last night and Falkirk and he'll join the inglorious list of sacked Hibs managers.

Scottish football in particular is notoriously short term. The longest serving manager in the Premiership is Callum Davidson at just over 2 years, Robbie Neilson is the only other manager to be in post longer than 2 years. I'd wager if the former has a poor start he won't hold on to his title for too much longer despite all he has achieved in Perth. The nature of the league, being small and with ample chance to get dragged into a relegation dogfight, means clubs simply can't take the risk that someone can turn it around 6, 12 or 24 months in the future. If (the usual if doing heavy lifting caveat added here) we are floundering after the first round of games then I'm not convinced Johnson will get January to fix it.

If you look at managers who have had time and/or been relatively successful in Scottish football over the last few years then they have almost always hit the ground running. McInness took an Aberdeen side who had finished 9th to 3rd and a LC win in one season and two transfer windows. Postecoglu inherited a shambles at Celtic with fans in full on mutiny and won a double in his 1st season. Gerrard made it clear his was a mid term project at Rnagers, progressed year on year and won the title that really mattered to them. Jack Ross inherited a t Mirren side heading for relegation, kept them up and won the league the following year. McInness again took a Killie side toiling in the Championship last season and galvanised them into champions by hook or by crook.

Most managers aren't going to get 5 or 6 windows to build a side. If they do well in the 1st couple they may well get that time to evolve and grow their side. If they show minimal improvement after 1 or 2 windows then they won't get a 3rd and frankly they don't deserve one either. Of course the issues at Hibs run deeper than the manager, the football side of the club at 1st team level is totally listless. The team lacks any identity or discernible style. Johnson isn't solely responsible for that.

NC1875
21-07-2022, 07:42 AM

Hardly, let’s see. Do I pick Joe Newell or Josh Campbell for CM. He’s not made the wrong choice, both of them are the wrong choice. He needs players in the door

Crunchie
21-07-2022, 07:43 AM
I've said before that managers are almost never given time, time needs to be earned.

If there are signs that Johnson has us on the right trajectory then he will be afforded that luxury, more results like last night and Falkirk and he'll join the inglorious list of sacked Hibs managers.

Scottish football in particular is notoriously short term. The longest serving manager in the Premiership is Callum Davidson at just over 2 years, Robbie Neilson is the only other manager to be in post longer than 2 years. I'd wager if the former has a poor start he won't hold on to his title for too much longer despite all he has achieved in Perth. The nature of the league, being small and with ample chance to get dragged into a relegation dogfight, means clubs simply can't take the risk that someone can turn it around 6, 12 or 24 months in the future. If (the usual if doing heavy lifting caveat added here) we are floundering after the first round of games then I'm not convinced Johnson will get January to fix it.

If you look at managers who have had time and/or been relatively successful in Scottish football over the last few years then they have almost always hit the ground running. McInness took an Aberdeen side who had finished 9th to 3rd and a LC win in one season and two transfer windows. Postecoglu inherited a shambles at Celtic with fans in full on mutiny and won a double in his 1st season. Gerrard made it clear his was a mid term project at Rnagers, progressed year on year and won the title that really mattered to them. Jack Ross inherited a t Mirren side heading for relegation, kept them up and won the league the following year. McInness again took a Killie side toiling in the Championship last season and galvanised them into champions by hook or by crook.

Most managers aren't going to get 5 or 6 windows to build a side. If they do well in the 1st couple they may well get that time to evolve and grow their side. If they show minimal improvement after 1 or 2 windows then they won't get a 3rd and frankly they don't deserve one either. Of course the issues at Hibs run deeper than the manager, the football side of the club at 1st team level is totally listless. The team lacks any identity or discernible style. Johnson isn't solely responsible for that.
Jack Ross more than earned more time but I seem to recall you were one of the many who gave up on him and wanted him emptied. It seems like we'll never learn as a support or a club.

Don Giovanni
21-07-2022, 07:48 AM

Top post.

Don Giovanni
21-07-2022, 07:56 AM
Going from regular Hampden appearances to failing to get out of the group stage is an awful set back for the club and the fans. It really shouldn't have been a tough group either! No two ways about it, this is a major cup upset.

We weren't even close to qualifying in the end and it means we are already out of one of two competitions we can win before the end of July.

(Yes, I know there is a set of freak results that would see us pip Falkirk but it's also entirely out of our hands and very unlikely to happen)

The opening league schedule looks daunting and Johnson has also lost the opportunity to build confidence in the squad and goodwill with the fans.

We knew the squad lacks quality and there's not much evidence so far to suggest we've addressed that.

It's a grim start. I suppose things can only get better but it will take a lot of hard work to get there.

neil7908
21-07-2022, 08:00 AM
Myself biggest issue is how the actual **** we haven't sorted out the midfield.

I'm very unhappy with recruitment but the manager has to take some blame for going into our first competitive games with only an untried 19 year old added to the centre of midfield.

Anyone that watched us last season would know that whole area needed to be massively improved.

Maybe he tried and was thwarted by recruitment or we will bring in another player or two but right now I can't fathom starting these games with Newell, JDH, Campbell and Kenneh. Proper madness.

DaveF
21-07-2022, 08:03 AM
Lee, is there any chance of the high pressing, quick throw in, flooding the box type football appearing please?

If not, jog on and bring back Maloney as we got this garbage from him.

Winston Ingram
21-07-2022, 08:20 AM

Doidge and Newell have cost 3 managers jobs? What utter drivel

snedzuk
21-07-2022, 08:34 AM

The key difference here is that under Stubbs and in Lennons first season, Hibs were in the second tier on playing merit - at that time the likes of Falkirk and Morton were our direct divisional equivalents. Fast forward to now where Morton are a division below us and Falkirk two divisions below and you can see how it looks - we now need a favour from Clyde to go through.

WestStandWillie
21-07-2022, 08:38 AM
We’re sleepwalking into another disaster and the league hasn’t even started ffs

I hope i’m wrong but I don’t see LJ being at Hibs come Christmas time.

LewysGot2
21-07-2022, 08:45 AM
A few things are of concern that lie somewhere in the middle of but not at the extreme ends of the post match discussion…

For leadership and a project to work you need experience, a vision and everyone on the same page. At a football club that usually means having a balance of youth and experience, a balance of players who know the club and its expectations and those who are new to it. It means having players with leadership skills and mental strength in more positions than just the one with the armband. It means, in our footballing backwater, an ability to find ways to win when the latest “gang” of a team come calling. It means due diligence on player character.

What appears to be the case is that the positive things left over from the Dempster reign are either going or gone - the targeted strategy of recruiting good, young Scottish players who know the game, have potential and the right mentality. The seasoned, dedicated pros who genuinely would run through a wall for the cause. When Lewis goes, what’s left? The recruitment team who are both outward looking using global scouting technology and networks but who also are really grounded in the simple formula that generates 3rd place finishes, European football and cup finals. It’s currently not there

It feels a little like the recruitment we have had in the past where the understanding of what is needed in bread and butter games is not there, where fostering the club identity is not understood as a part of the equation, where the buying young potential is too much of the emphasis and where quality and experience is not being sought in key areas.

At the moment I see a squad where only the following fit players walk into a lot of comparable sized teams - Marshall and Cadden. Two proven players at this level and/or above, who know the game in Scotland and have the demeanour to carry responsibility. We need more of that type of individual or the balance will continue to be wrong and the gang like teams will continue to cause us bother. FWIW I’m hopeful that Henderson will also progress to that place. He fits the profile of what has been successful for us previously.

Nicho87
21-07-2022, 08:48 AM

With two results like we have seen in the group against lower league teams, hard to argue that point.

Clubs philosophy is all wrong,

Sign the best young players within budget and sell on.

These young players rarely fire on all cylinders from the get go

Using our ugly neighbours as an example, they have just signed Shankland, goal scorer and has played for his national team. Imo he will score at least 12 league goals. We can’t say the same about Tavares, bojang.

Youane looks best of the lot and he’s not even played one competitive game.

I’m very worried about the strategy of the club and LJ burying his head on the sand about how poor the midfield is.

Northernhibee
21-07-2022, 08:50 AM
I don’t believe LJ is the problem. We’ve now had the same problem repeat itself and that mostly lies within recruitment and priorities at the club.

ehf
21-07-2022, 08:52 AM

I’ll be surprised if he’s still here by the end of August, as we are likely to be rock bottom of the league by then.

One Day Soon
21-07-2022, 08:55 AM
I don’t believe LJ is the problem. We’ve now had the same problem repeat itself and that mostly lies within recruitment and priorities at the club.

Which the club has not addressed and which Johnson has explicitly said he has the final say on. This particularly stinking squad 5hitfest is all overt the hands of all of them, including Johnson.

MrSmith
21-07-2022, 08:57 AM
Wash, rinse, repeat! Same cycle, same issues, no change. If we don’t get two proper midfielders in, we are relegation fodder. We also need to clear the decks of players who are not playing.

Northernhibee
21-07-2022, 09:02 AM
Which the club has not addressed and which Johnson has explicitly said he has the final say on. This particularly stinking squad 5hitfest is all overt the hands of all of them, including Johnson.

He's not exactly going to come in and say "It's a total ****show mate, it's all the fault of the people who hired me and the owners family. My hands are totally tied here", is he? I don't think anyone on here would publically say what the issues and bugbears they have with their current employers.

Bit of scratching under the surface required.

lucky
21-07-2022, 09:23 AM
LJ is slavering the same pish Maloney did. He was the one that picked the wrong team at Falkirk and play players out of position last night. Hibs seem to be spending money on young players but for them to flourish they need good experienced pros playing alongside them. Our form is awful going into the league season and it’s looking like a relegation battle with the two Saints.

One Day Soon
21-07-2022, 09:28 AM
He's not exactly going to come in and say "It's a total ****show mate, it's all the fault of the people who hired me and the owners family. My hands are totally tied here", is he? I don't think anyone on here would publically say what the issues and bugbears they have with their current employers.

Bit of scratching under the surface required.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything at all on that. I would expect him to address it with appropriate signings. He/they haven't done that.

And if his hands are tied then WTF is he doing taking a job where he knows he won't have the power to change it?

Fergus52
21-07-2022, 09:29 AM

Calm down with the hyberpole, there's plenty of things to be critical of after last night but coming out with ridiculous sweeping statements like that doesn't help anything.

Stubbs lost to Falkirk, Allloa, QOS and draw at home to Raith and Dumbarton in his first few games.

Imagine we'd hounded him out after that? we'd never have won the cup.

There's definitely some warnings signs but we should give Johnson time.

WeeRussell
21-07-2022, 09:29 AM
I was sitting very close to the tunnel and I can't say I saw anything like that from him.

Snap

Stubbsy90+2
21-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Calm down with the hyberpole, there's plenty of things to be critical of after last night but coming out with ridiculous sweeping statements like that doesn't help anything.

Stubbs lost to Falkirk, Allloa, QOS and draw at home to Raith and Dumbarton in his first few games.

Imagine we'd hounded him out after that? we'd never have won the cup.

There's definitely some warnings signs but we should give Johnson time.

I’m not sure losing to a team two leagues below us and then one league below us and saying it’s the worst results since the last time we done that is hyperbole really.

Yes, Stubbs lost against these teams, but that was the league we were playing in. It’s completely different.

Imo it would be nigh on impossible to argue that these are two of our worst results since relegation.

One Day Soon
21-07-2022, 09:33 AM
LJ is slavering the same pish Maloney did. He was the one that picked the wrong team at Falkirk and play players out of position last night. Hibs seem to be spending money on young players but for them to flourish they need good experienced pros playing alongside them. Our form is awful going into the league season and it’s looking like a relegation battle with the two Saints.

This is the absolutely critical point. If we are fielding a team composed of one or two decent pros, a majority of journeymen clock punchers and some young prospects, those young prospects won't develop. They'll have the confidence booed, kicked and defeated out of them instead.

We are shooting ourselves in the foot with this ludicrous strategy and it doesn't even seem to be for the want of money because we appear to be burning through cash without flinching.

It's almost as though someone doesn't really know how to run a football club but thinks 10,000 hours of Football Manager on the Xbox gives you the experience you need...

WeeRussell
21-07-2022, 09:34 AM

Tavares is going to be quality.

HendoDelivered
21-07-2022, 09:36 AM
Aberdeen have recruited well, so they will be streets ahead of us this season as they are looking strong.

The lad Ramadani in centre mid who they got, is someone we should’ve been all over. Looks exactly like what we are missing in the middle.

Stuart93
21-07-2022, 09:38 AM
Aberdeen have recruited well, so they will be streets ahead of us this season as they are looking strong.

The lad Ramadani in centre mid who they got, is someone we should’ve been all over. Looks exactly like what we are missing in the middle.

They’ve spent £2m on transfers this summer. That’s the kind of investment our squad needed.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2022, 09:38 AM
Too early to judge Johnson yet but early signs are not good.
The most important position that needed filled over the summer was a new centre mid to replace Newell. It was for the previous two managers as well and it cost them there jobs. For Johnson to come in and totally ignore the problem is very worrying. Whatever else happens, if Newell stays in the team, Johnson will be gone. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

He has two other problems now in that the fans don’t trust him after picking a second string team to play Falkirk and playing everyone out of position last night. It was embarrassing to watch.

It’s fair to say that I think he has a less than 50% chance of making it through September. He’ll always get through August because we’ll always believe a new signing is imminent.

Fergus52
21-07-2022, 09:39 AM
I’m not sure losing to a team two leagues below us and then one league below us and saying it’s the worst results since the last time we done that is hyperbole really.

Yes, Stubbs lost against these teams, but that was the league we were playing in. It’s completely different.

Imo it would be nigh on impossible to argue that these are two of our worst results since relegation.

We drew last night, never lost.

We were in the league below but we clearly had an SPL standard team.

Nothing between Falkirk and Morton and those Alloa or Dumbarton sides imo.

If we're still performing this badly a few weeks into the league campaign then yeah hit the panic buttons.

Stubbsy90+2
21-07-2022, 09:41 AM
Too early to judge Johnson yet but early signs are not good.
The most important position that needed filled over the summer was a new centre mid to replace Newell. It was for the previous two managers as well and it cost them there jobs. For Johnson to come in and totally ignore the problem is very worrying. Whatever else happens, if Newell stays in the team, Johnson will be gone. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

He has two other problems now in that the fans don’t trust him after picking a second string team to play Falkirk and playing everyone out of position last night. It was embarrassing to watch.

It’s fair to say that I think he has a less than 50% chance of making it through September. He’ll always get through August because we’ll always believe a new signing is imminent.

Hell not be sacked before the end of September. I just don’t see any way Ron sacks him by then. When he was appointed, it very much had a feeling of RG being genuinely thrilled to get him.

If we’re terrible then he might be gone by Christmas but I think we’ll stick with him for at least half a season whether the fans want him out or not.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2022, 09:41 AM

If we're still performing this badly a few weeks into the league campaign then yeah hit the panic buttons.

We’ll know by the end of August. If Newell is still starting then he will fail.

SlickShoes
21-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Hell not be sacked before the end of September. I just don’t see any way Ron sacks him by then. When he was appointed, it very much had a feeling of RG being genuinely thrilled to get him.

If we’re terrible then he might be gone by Christmas but I think we’ll stick with him for at least half a season whether the fans want him out or not.

Unless we look like getting relegated, LJ will get the entire season. Ron reacted to vocal fan sentiment with Ross getting launched and he will not do that again in a hurry.

Fergus52
21-07-2022, 09:45 AM
We’ll know by the end of August. If Newell is still starting then he will fail.

your Vendetta is ridiculous :greengrin

wasn't aware until your previous post it was him that single handedly cost Ross and Maloney their jobs.

He was nowhere near our biggest problem last night and was heavily involved in most of our best bits of play. Unlike under Ross and Maloney he was actually looking to get forward as well.

Half our team last night could barely even control the ball, while Newell alongside Henderson was actually getting the ball under control and forward and making things happen.

Stubbsy90+2
21-07-2022, 09:45 AM

Yes you’re right. In ordinary circumstances last night would have been a defeat but we drew and lost the bonus point, so a draw it is.

Ok, even if we say Falkirk are the same standard as Alloa etc, then it’s our two worst results in about 7 or 8 years rather than 8 or 9. It’s hardly and better is it?

Ozyhibby
21-07-2022, 09:46 AM
Unless we look like getting relegated, LJ will get the entire season. Ron reacted to vocal fan sentiment with Ross getting launched and he will not do that again in a hurry.

Ross wanted a new centre mid and the club failed to get it for him. He should not have been sacked. He should have been given January to get one in.

Maloney had January to get one and didn’t bother. He stuck with Newell with predictable results.

Johnson doesn’t seem interested much in the centre mid position. The results are going accordingly. We look like relegation candidates at this stage.

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 09:47 AM
Lee, is there any chance of the high pressing, quick throw in, flooding the box type football appearing please?

If not, jog on and bring back Maloney as we got this garbage from him.

How do we press when we're controlling the ball?

Morton were in our box once the entire game. The lack of a high press wasn't the problem.

Fergus52
21-07-2022, 09:49 AM
Yes you’re right. In ordinary circumstances last night would have been a defeat but we drew and lost the bonus point, so a draw it is.

Ok, even if we say Falkirk are the same standard as Alloa etc, then it’s our two worst results in about 7 or 8 years rather than 8 or 9. It’s hardly and better is it?

Yeah the results were terrible and I'm not excusing them.

But I remember after 9 games or so into that league season posters were wanting Stubbs out and saying we could end up in league 1 etc. then look where we were 18 months or so later having won the cup.

New managers take time to bed in their style, and a lot of new signings at once takes time to gel. Those results were atrocious but hounding out Johnson now will get us nowhere.

When our injured players come back and the work permits come through we could easily become a much better side, if not then we can re assess.

chrisski33
21-07-2022, 09:50 AM

my view is his signings haven't started yet and he has starting with players we have had the last few seasons and its clear as day they arent good. some fans seem to be holding onto Boyle coming back and being the saviour to our troubles however I don't think he will be back this season or next sadly.

I feel LJ's signings may produce but feel we will have a bad start to the league and it will be too late for LJ.

DaveF
21-07-2022, 09:51 AM
How do we press when we're controlling the ball?

Morton were in our box once the entire game. The lack of a high press wasn't the problem.

It's a generic point - as you well know.

There is no pace to our play, We saw last season how playing at a snails pace when teams sit in, ends up.

Johnson speaks well. But the team isn't dancing to his tune.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2022, 09:52 AM
your Vendetta is ridiculous :greengrin

wasn't aware until your previous post it was him that single handedly cost Ross and Maloney their jobs.

He was nowhere near our biggest problem last night and was heavily involved in most of our best bits of play. Unlike under Ross and Maloney he was actually looking to get forward as well.

Half our team last night could barely even control the ball, while Newell alongside Henderson was actually getting the ball under control and forward and making things happen.

Your funny.[emoji23][emoji23]
It’s sweet that you still believe in him. It’s not you who’ll lose his job over it though.
It’s not personal, this isn’t Newell’s fault. He’s just taking the money offered to him and doing his best. There is no vendetta. I just don’t think he’s good enough and I also believe it’s the most important position in any team.
I guess time will prove one of us right but the evidence clearly favours me so far.

flash
21-07-2022, 09:52 AM
We really do have some industrial scale wallopers in our "support".

Competing against each other to see who can make the most hyperbolic statements and doing so with barely concealed glee.

Nobody is happy with last night and everyone has some concerns about the balance of the squad but i all the stuff about the manager being hopeless and will be gone by September is so draining.

I don't hate Hertz as much as some folk on here hate Hibs, or far more likely, hate themselves.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2022, 09:56 AM
We really do have some industrial scale wallopers in our "support".

Competing against each other to see who can make the most hyperbolic statements and doing so with barely concealed glee.

Nobody is happy with last night and everyone has some concerns about the balance of the squad but i all the stuff about the manager being hopeless and will be gone by September is so draining.

I don't hate Hertz as much as some folk on here hate Hibs, or far more likely, hate themselves.

Just because you are reading things you don’t want to read doesn’t mean they are wrong. It’s possible I am a ‘walloper’ though.

SlickShoes
It's a generic point - as you well know.

There is no pace to our play, We saw last season how playing at a snails pace when teams sit in, ends up.

Johnson speaks well. But the team isn't dancing to his tune.

Its been 4 weeks, some of the players have only trained with us for single digit days.

I'm Spartacus
The recruitment has been shocking, that's a consistent no matter who the manager has been.

We're also giving managers 3 months and then paying off their 3-4 year contracts, that cannot continue, but now it's the only way we can get a manager as they know we will sack them a few months down the line.

Recruitment of managers and players, what a horrible, and terrifying, vicious circle we are in.

SlickShoes
21-07-2022, 09:59 AM
The recruitment has been shocking, that's a consistent no matter who the manager has been.

We're also giving managers 3 months and then paying off their 3-4 year contracts, that cannot continue, but now it's the only way we can get a manager as they know we will sack them a few months down the line.

Recruitment of managers and players, what a horrible, and terrifying, vicious circle we are in.

It's almost like we could exit that cycle by giving our current manager time....

flash
21-07-2022, 10:04 AM
Just because you are reading things you don’t want to read doesn’t mean they are wrong. It’s possible I am a ‘walloper’ though.

You may very well be I definitely am. I just don't think every new manager should get 4 weeks to completely turn things around just because the previous manager wasn't very good.

Colr
21-07-2022, 10:05 AM
Can't just keep sacking managers

Let’s start sacking the fans. To be frank, some of them are not up to the job.

Ozyhibby
21-07-2022, 10:09 AM
You may very well be I definitely am. I just don't think every new manager should get 4 weeks to completely turn things around just because the previous manager wasn't very good.

I’m not calling for to be sacked, just predicting the circumstances that he will be.
I’ve no idea yet if Johnson is capable or not but I do think that the only way I’ll get time to find out is if Magennis gets fit ([emoji102]) or he signs a new midfielder.
If he decides to gamble on Magennis then fair enough, it’s his job I suppose.

I'm Spartacus
21-07-2022, 10:09 AM
It's almost like we could exit that cycle by giving our current manager time....

Correct, and maybe change how we recruit players.

flash
21-07-2022, 10:26 AM
I’m not calling for to be sacked, just predicting the circumstances that he will be.
I’ve no idea yet if Johnson is capable or not but I do think that the only way I’ll get time to find out is if Magennis gets fit ([emoji102]) or he signs a new midfielder.
If he decides to gamble on Magennis then fair enough, it’s his job I suppose.

If we don't bring in another midfielder I will probably end up on your side.

Diclonius
21-07-2022, 11:01 AM
The thread is obviously attention seeking pish. He's had four games.

However, I do find it concerning that every Hibs manager since Stubbs seemingly comes in the door and immediately loses all understanding of how a midfield works. It's been ****ing ***** since McGinn left and all we do is tweak it a wee bit with players plucked straight from the early 2010s bargain bin.

hhibs
21-07-2022, 11:23 AM
Your funny.[emoji23][emoji23]
It’s sweet that you still believe in him. It’s not you who’ll lose his job over it though.
It’s not personal, this isn’t Newell’s fault. He’s just taking the money offered to him and doing his best. There is no vendetta. I just don’t think he’s good enough and I also believe it’s the most important position in any team.
I guess time will prove one of us right but the evidence clearly favours me so far.

Totally agree with this.

Fergus52 in my view, you are just wrong,Newell is a major problem.

thebausburst
21-07-2022, 11:24 AM

Totally agree, he should be gone if he’s doing this, totally unacceptable.

green day
21-07-2022, 11:26 AM

.........and two people on this thread standing in the area behind said he didnt.

Should he "be gone" now?

Since452
21-07-2022, 11:29 AM
Were losing/drawing to the likes of Morton and Falkirk not common under the likes of Lennon? We got horsed 6-2 at home under Stubbs in July. Maybe we should realise that we've got a new squad and management team and demanding instant success doesn't always work.

chrisski33
21-07-2022, 11:30 AM

but he didnt do it!

Diclonius
21-07-2022, 11:33 AM
I saw Johnson and McAllister in the dugout last night and they subbed on Campbell and Campbell shhed at me.

SQHib
21-07-2022, 11:33 AM
I was behind the dugouts and there were two individuals with very loud voices shouting at the Hibs coaching staff. One of the coaching staff, I assume "The Accused", was looking up at the fans taking it all in. He did raise his hands to his face, but at no time did I see him do that aforementioned "Shh". If I was wanting to stir up trouble, I could say it was a "Shh", but from my view it wasn't.

In true Hibs.net style this "Shh" gesture will become fact, when there is absolutely nothing in it.

Respectfully have to disagree - saw it all unfold as I waited to exit the west behind the dugouts - the guy in front of me was giving it tight - only to mcallister though - "try signing players that have at least played some first team football etc - which seems fair given where we are - and mcallister stood and took it for a few seconds before shh-ing as the entourage walked towards the tunnel - not great

chrisski33
21-07-2022, 11:38 AM
I saw Johnson and McAllister in the dugout last night and they subbed on Campbell and Campbell shhed at me.

sure he wasnt blowing you a kiss in response to your boos?

Since452
21-07-2022, 11:40 AM

He did what??? Get him out the club. He can gtf etc, etc.

flash
21-07-2022, 11:40 AM
Respectfully have to disagree - saw it all unfold as I waited to exit the west behind the dugouts - the guy in front of me was giving it tight - only to mcallister though - "try signing players that have at least played some first team football etc - which seems fair given where we are - and mcallister stood and took it for a few seconds before shh-ing as the entourage walked towards the tunnel - not great

I don't mind if he reacted to be honest.

Anyone who shouts abuse should be more than happy to get some back.

SaulGoodman
21-07-2022, 11:44 AM

I tried to get Joe Newell to sign my shirt at the end of the game but he slapped me in the puss and whispered “golf, Tamworth, Hibs” in my ear before walking off.

xqnq1875
21-07-2022, 11:47 AM
100% with Doidge and Newell. The Wallyford bevy merchants are coasting through on cushty contracts.

Hopefully this will be the end of them but I highly doubt it.

Both will stay unfortunately, been hounded on here loads of times for saying both of them are garbage but it’s nice to see folk are seeing the light they simply are not good enough and need to go

flash
21-07-2022, 11:52 AM
Both will stay unfortunately, been hounded on here loads of times for saying both of them are garbage but it’s nice to see folk are seeing the light they simply are not good enough and need to go

"Hounded".

WhileTheChief..
21-07-2022, 11:53 AM
In no way are the fans to blame for Jack Ross getting sacked.

There were a handful of folk calling for his head at the Livi game, but nothing else.

That was all on Ron. He kinda admits he got it wrong himself.

As for Maloney, I'm blaming Kensall for his appointment and I'm glad Ron made the decision to axe him when he did.

If the same thing happens again, so be it.

We keep getting told there's no loyalty the game. That works both ways. LJ is just in the door, we don't owe him anything. If it doesn't work out I'd imagine Ron will let him go.

LewysGot2
21-07-2022, 11:54 AM
"Hounded".

"Seeing the light" was the thing that jumped out to me.

😂

It's like some biblical journey 😂

green day
21-07-2022, 11:54 AM

Fair enough, decent report.

So fan gives coach dogs abuse, coach takes it for a bit then makes a wee shush gesture?

Jeez, some fans need to look at themselves and decide if they would act this way F2F / in the pub etc.

xqnq1875
21-07-2022, 11:56 AM
"Hounded".

Yes hounded you clown

jeffers
21-07-2022, 11:58 AM

So fan gives coach dogs abuse, coach takes it for a bit then makes a wee shush gesture?

Jeez, some fans need to look at themselves and decide if they would act this way F2F / in the pub etc.

If that’s what the guy shouted not sure I’d call that dogs abuse mate. Rightly or wrongly managers/coaches turning on fans rarely ends well.

flash
21-07-2022, 11:58 AM
Yes hounded you clown

"Clown."

WhileTheChief..
21-07-2022, 12:02 PM
"Clown."

You've just said you hate this forum but are all over threads taking pops at us. Why do you dislike Hibs fans so much?!

You could offer your thoughts on LJ as the title suggests instead?

xqnq1875
21-07-2022, 12:05 PM
"Clown."

Just keep continuing to quote me instead of maybe having something to say about my original point about newell and doidge [emoji106]

JimboHibs
21-07-2022, 12:05 PM

We've have made signings.

xqnq1875
21-07-2022, 12:06 PM
You've just said you hate this forum but are all over threads taking pops at us. Why do you dislike Hibs fans so much?!

Who’s “us” it was one person think you’re getting me mixed up with someone else [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

SaulGoodman
Just keep continuing to quote me instead of maybe having something to say about my original point about newell and doidge [emoji106]

“to”

flash

I have made several lengthy posts on the subject. I don't dislike all Hibs supporters.

xqnq1875
21-07-2022, 12:07 PM
Who’s “us” it was one person think you’re getting me mixed up with someone else [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Thought it was the other guy who kept quoting me that replied that, apologies mate

xqnq1875
21-07-2022, 12:10 PM
“to”

Anymore of that and I’ll be spoiling the new episodes of better call Saul for you pal [emoji23][emoji106]

WhileTheChief..
21-07-2022, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=flash;7032289]

Ok, so other than the name calling posts, you agree with Ozy that if LJ doesn't sign another midfielder he will probably end up getting sacked.(maybe not word for word, but close enough)

That's hardly a million miles from what everyone else is saying is it?

We're not all wallopers because we moan on here after a defeat!

Northernhibee
21-07-2022, 12:23 PM
I think the news about the ineligible player shows you could put Pep or Jürgen in charge and they’d be battling against Ron and Ben’s omnishambles of a club and appointments.

I feel for LJ, I really do. Seems a decent bloke who is walking into a circus.

Diclonius
21-07-2022, 12:27 PM
Feel sorry for Johnson tbh.

SaulGoodman
21-07-2022, 12:28 PM
Anymore of that and I’ll be spoiling the new episodes of better call Saul for you pal [emoji23][emoji106]

I’m caught up on them luckily 🤣

H18 SFR
21-07-2022, 12:28 PM
Johnson is anything but the problem here in my opinion.

He’s left one basket case in Sunderland to join another.

LewysGot2
21-07-2022, 12:31 PM

Or, more to the point, if they were being abused themselves in their place of work the way folk are abused at football.

Lago
21-07-2022, 12:36 PM
Yep because it wasn’t me who seen it, I’m just going by a tweet I seen that someone agreed with happening.
So you didn't see it, but you've decided to recirculate it on the basis of a tweet someone has put up on twitter. Unreal.

GreenCastle
21-07-2022, 01:01 PM
I’m still trying to understand why we have invested so much into a B team and spending £250k on a 16 year old.

Surely we could have signed a central midfielder.

I keep hearing wait till..

Magennis gets back
Nisbet returns
Mitchell returns
Work permits come through
These players from B team do well and we can sell them..

Fed up waiting Hibs - there is short and long term planning but if the 1st team aren’t successful then everything else suffers - on and off the pitch.

If LJ wasn’t at the door of recruitment this morning demanding new players then we are completely screwed. It’s not rocket science.

Build a spine of a team with - energy - leadership and character - obviously with some quality but players who will make a difference now.

Unseen work
21-07-2022, 01:11 PM
I’m still trying to understand why we have invested so much into a B team and spending £250k on a 16 year old.

Surely we could have signed a central midfielder.

I keep hearing wait till..

Magennis gets back
Nisbet returns
Mitchell returns
Work permits come through
These players from B team do well and we can sell them..

Fed up waiting Hibs - there is short and long term planning but if the 1st team aren’t successful then everything else suffers - on and off the pitch.

If LJ wasn’t at the door of recruitment this morning demanding new players then we are completely screwed. It’s not rocket science.

Build a spine of a team with - energy - leadership and character - obviously with some quality but players who will make a difference now.

The funny thing is we’re probably spending more money than before, but I’m youngsters.

McAllister
Hauge
Melkersen
Mitchell
Miller
Tavares

Have all cost fee’s.

Then look at some of the players we’ve missed out on who would have been free and not much risk. Tony Watt, Jamie McGrath, Charles Cook, Alan Forrest etc - I’m not claiming they’re all brilliant players but they would have improved the squad which is sorely lacking quality.

Stubbsy90+2
21-07-2022, 01:37 PM
So you didn't see it, but you've decided to recirculate it on the basis of a tweet someone has put up on twitter. Unreal.

In what world is that unreal?

People post stuff on here all the time and I’m sure loads of us go and tell someone else on the basis of something some has put up on Hibs.net. It’s really not any different.

22-07-2022, 12:10 AM

Thought it was the other guy who kept quoting me that replied that, apologies mate

You replied to and apolgised to yourself. I think you're getting yourself mixed up with someone else. 🙃

xqnq1875
22-07-2022, 12:20 AM
You replied to and apolgised to yourself. I think you're getting yourself mixed up with someone else. [emoji854]

Clearly wasn’t talking to myself go read up the replies and you’ll see I accidentally quoted someone who I thought was having a dig at me [emoji854][emoji23]

Tha Cabbage Kid
22-07-2022, 06:08 AM
We still have a lot of players unavailable why get rid of the manager now?

Not sure I've seen any/many managers come in the door sign a load of players and hey presto, have a team winning right off the mark

Lee needstime

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Stuart93
22-07-2022, 06:48 AM

If you seen in my following post I made it pretty clear I hadn’t seen it and it came from Twitter.

There’s nothing unreal about it really. Plenty rumours/incidents get posted on this site that get lifted straight from Twitter.

B.H.F.C
22-07-2022, 07:12 AM
Johnson is anything but the problem here in my opinion.

He’s left one basket case in Sunderland to join another.

He’s certainly part of the problem although it’s not solely down to him.

He’s the one that picked a midfield three of Newell, JDH and Campbell which was our single biggest failing last season. He’s the one that played Cadden at left back. And for all the talk of high press and so on, he doesn’t seem to be getting that message across to his players.

Chuck in the fact that he has the final say on who we bring in, then he definitely has a major part in what is going on.

McGruber
22-07-2022, 07:17 AM
Feel sorry for Johnson tbh.

I get what you mean, certainly not with the suspended player.

He has loads of blame for us being out the cup though - as do the players btw.

Johnson's decision to go experimental line up and not strongest team v Falkirk away was horrible managerial decision.

Johnson's decsion to play Cadden left back v Morton was a horrendous piece of mismanagement.

Both those decisions shouldn't have mattered given the quality we still had on the pitch v opponents and that is on the players. They both however contributed and that is in no way good enough

He needs to sharpen up his act for sure as much as some players do

Since452
22-07-2022, 08:19 AM
If Johnson didn't know how demanding our support is before then he does now. Boos at the end of a group stage game with Morton in July before the league has even started and a collective meltdown on social media. If he thought Sunderland was a tough gig he hadn't seen anything yet. At least now he'll be under no illusions about what the fans expect.

Coco Bryce
22-07-2022, 09:01 AM
A humping from Hearts on the 7th August @ ER and there will be no going back for him.

Bristolhibby
22-07-2022, 09:09 AM
This is the main reason I hate the LC format. Too much pressure too early.

We are now out of 50% of the competitions we had a chance of winning.

Have said on another post, bring back away trips to Bolton, Blackburn and Shrewsbury.

No pressure, sort fitness and formation out, get prepped for the season ahead.

J

flash
22-07-2022, 09:11 AM
A humping from Hearts on the 7th August @ ER and there will be no going back for him.

That's the spirit.

Stubbsy90+2
22-07-2022, 09:11 AM

Have said on another post, bring back away trips to Bolton, Blackburn and Shrewsbury.

J

Thing is the format should suit the bigger teams and make it even less likely we’d be knocked out than a straight knockout does.

A defeat to Falkirk for example would obviously have put us out a knockout cup competition. In this format, you have the chance to make it right. In reality you can potentially get through these sort of groups with 2 wins, a draw with a bonus point and a defeat.

It shouldn’t carry all that much pressure as really, you have to make a right arse of it to get knocked out.

H18 SFR
22-07-2022, 09:14 AM

If we replaced our manager every time we lose to / get humped from hearts then on average we’d have 2-3 managers a season on a consistent basis.

Fair play some fans might believe and agree with what you have said but I’d personally question the intelligence or their lack of it quite frankly.

McGruber
22-07-2022, 09:15 AM
If Johnson didn't know how demanding our support is before then he does now. Boos at the end of a group stage game with Morton in July before the league has even started and a collective meltdown on social media. If he thought Sunderland was a tough gig he hadn't seen anything yet. At least now he'll be under no illusions about what the fans expect.

We are out a cup already. One of the two competitions we could have won. The Morton game was a knock out game at home against lower league opponents. Getting out that group should have been a formality, instead it has been embarrassing.
Not sure our demands here aren't anything but less than reasonable, surely!

jeffers
22-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Thing is the format should suit the bigger teams and make it even less likely we’d be knocked out than a straight knockout does.

A defeat to Falkirk for example would obviously have put us out a knockout cup competition. In this format, you have the chance to make it right. In reality you can potentially get through these sort of groups with 2 wins, a draw with a bonus point and a defeat.

It shouldn’t carry all that much pressure as really, you have to make a right arse of it to get knocked out.

Totally agree. If anything it should be a benefit that you are actually playing competitive games against lesser sides instead of low intensity friendlies. Let’s be under no illusions here LJ screwed up.

Bristolhibby
22-07-2022, 09:18 AM
We are out a cup already. One of the two competitions we could have won. The Morton game was a knock out game at home against lower league opponents. Getting out that group should have been a formality, instead it has been embarrassing.
Not sure our demands here aren't anything but less than reasonable, surely!

Even worse was that even if we had of beaten Morton, we would still have gone out through terrible Admin.

J

WhileTheChief..
22-07-2022, 09:20 AM
All this chat about the cup being a realistic chance of us winning a trophy is mental.

Look at out squad and recent results. There's no way in Hell we were ever going to be winning a cup this season!!

Best we could have hoped for was getting through a few rounds and earning a wee bit cash.

H18 SFR
22-07-2022, 09:22 AM
All this chat about the cup being a realistic chance of us winning a trophy is mental.

Look at out squad and recent results. There's no way in Hell we were ever going to be winning a cup this season!!

Best we could have hoped for was getting through a few rounds and earning a wee bit cash.

To be fair I agree with your sentiment completely. I personally think a semi final is consistently achievable across the two cups. Fingers crossed by the time the SC comes around we will be in better shape.

delbert
22-07-2022, 09:29 AM

If he actually has a set of balls on him, he should demand that the recruitment team stop signing kids (I thought that’s what the training centre was there to develop) and tell these useless Gordon sycophants to identify and sign the experienced players we need right now to keep us up, and I don’t mean show ponies like McGeady who run and hide when things get tough, we are in a relegation battle this season, that squad is threadbare in the actual talent department.

Dmas
22-07-2022, 09:30 AM
If he actually has a set of balls on him, he should demand that the recruitment team stop signing kids (I thought that’s what the training centre was there to develop) and tell these useless Gordon sycophants to identify and sign the experienced players we need right now to keep us up, and I don’t mean show ponies like McGeady who run and hide when things get tough, we are in a relegation battle this season, that squad is threadbare in the actual talent department.

😂😂

Smartie
22-07-2022, 09:32 AM

J

Seriously?

I actually think it's a great way to start the season. Competitive games, but ones that should be winnable due to seeding.

In an ideal world - (in a remotely competent world) we should always have the core of a team who know how to play together ready to go. We'll be dropping a few new players in there, letting them bed in.

If getting out of a group with Falkirk, Bonnyrigg, Clyde and Morton represents too much pressure then I genuinely wonder what we are playing at?

B.H.F.C
22-07-2022, 09:32 AM

LJ is on record, multiple times, talking about his involvement In recruitment and how he has the final say. While I don’t agree with what we continue to do recruitment wise, he’s a big part of it as well.

flash
22-07-2022, 09:33 AM
Ffs go and lie in a darkened room.

overdrive
22-07-2022, 09:39 AM
Seriously?

I actually think it's a great way to start the season. Competitive games, but ones that should be winnable due to seeding.

In an ideal world - (in a remotely competent world) we should always have the core of a team who know how to play together ready to go. We'll be dropping a few new players in there, letting them bed in.

If getting out of a group with Falkirk, Bonnyrigg, Clyde and Morton represents too much pressure then I genuinely wonder what we are playing at?

In theory it should be great for clubs like us and terrible for clubs like Falkirk, Bonnyrigg, Clyde and Morton. Winnable, competitive games to get us up to speed for the league that should vastly reduce the chance of a Falkirk, Bonnyrigg, Clyde or Morton progressing in the Cup past July.

But then clubs like us mess it up through a combination of terrible performances and admin blunders.

Alfiembra
22-07-2022, 09:44 AM
In theory it should be great for clubs like us and terrible for clubs like Falkirk, Bonnyrigg, Clyde and Morton. Winnable, competitive games to get us up to speed for the league that should vastly reduce the chance of a Falkirk, Bonnyrigg, Clyde or Morton progressing in the Cup past July.

But then clubs like us mess it up through a combination of terrible performances and admin blunders.

Struggle to think of another club that consistently mucks things up like we do.

Smartie
22-07-2022, 10:16 AM

In fairness - the admin cock up is not the type of thing that I associate Hibs with at all.

Under previous owners our attention to detail with this stuff was pretty good.

We’ve even been pretty good at avoiding the type of result we’ve had a couple of times over the past week in recent years. That’s maybe why it stings so much. It felt like we were forever being put out of cups by Stirling Albion, Clydebank and Airdrie when I was younger.

Dmas
22-07-2022, 12:28 PM

What else have we messed up with other than the suspended player?

Scorrie
22-07-2022, 12:30 PM
What else have we messed up with other than the suspended player?

Signing him in the first place!

Jones28
22-07-2022, 12:33 PM

It’s the only time this has happened. We’ve usually been pretty good with off the field issues. It’s on the field we need to fix at the moment.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-07-2022, 12:37 PM

Dmas
22-07-2022, 01:36 PM
Signing him in the first place!

RG said last night they made the choice to sign him

Poster said consistently so far still at one

bigwheel
22-07-2022, 01:37 PM
RG said last night they made the choice to sign him

Poster said consistently so far still at one

He did , but - I’ve not gone back to check - didn’t the original comms suggest it was triggered due to number of games he had played ..rather than a choice from us ?

Edit. Here was the announcement

A Hibs statement reads: "We can confirm that Rocky Bushiri has extended his stay at Hibernian FC by joining permanently from English Championship side Norwich City.

"The 22-year-old centre-half has penned a three-year deal with the Club after an option in his original loan agreement was triggered through a certain number of appearances. The terms of the agreement will remain undisclosed.

Dmas
22-07-2022, 02:02 PM
He did , but - I’ve not gone back to check - didn’t the original comms suggest it was triggered due to number of games he had played ..rather than a choice from us ?

Edit. Here was the announcement

A Hibs statement reads: "We can confirm that Rocky Bushiri has extended his stay at Hibernian FC by joining permanently from English Championship side Norwich City.

"The 22-year-old centre-half has penned a three-year deal with the Club after an option in his original loan agreement was triggered through a certain number of appearances. The terms of the agreement will remain undisclosed.

Yip, but did we have the choice to play him or not? so the choice was made to hit that number of appearances and sign him permanently

bigwheel
22-07-2022, 02:08 PM
Yip, but did we have the choice to play him or not? so the choice was made to hit that number of appearances and sign him permanently

Doesn’t fit normal practice. That. Surely it would be “we are delighted that we have secured Riocky on a permanent. Deal”. None of that tone

Dmas
22-07-2022, 02:12 PM
Doesn’t fit normal practice. That. Surely it would be “we are delighted that we have secured Riocky on a permanent. Deal”. None of that tone

There isn’t really a precedent for loan to buy agreements becoming permanent think Rocky is the first, bit harsh to assume an error in spite of the fact the owner is on record saying they chose to sign him no?

LewysGot2
22-07-2022, 02:19 PM
There isn’t really a precedent for loan to buy agreements becoming permanent think Rocky is the first, bit harsh to assume an error in spite of the fact the owner is on record saying they chose to sign him no?

Henderson?

Jamie MacLaren?

Jamie Murphy?

The right to buy thing has been quite common?

bigwheel
22-07-2022, 02:20 PM

Kamberi ? McLaren ? There probably loads of this through history There is little doubt that the comms on this signing was quite different from others .. no one from the club pushed back at the start of this , on the stories that we were forced to sign him .

Early on it was evident that some discussions took place about moving him on right away. Fair play to Rocky that he chose to stay and fight for this place - doing a good job of it so far too

Dmas
22-07-2022, 02:28 PM
Henderson?

Jamie MacLaren?

Jamie Murphy?

The right to buy thing has been quite common?

Henderson Murphy deals where agreed prior to loans starting And contracts ending with parent club Rocky was a purchase agreement as still under contract

Don’t think we signed mclaren permanent did we? 2 loans?

Dmas
22-07-2022, 02:29 PM
Kamberi ? McLaren ? There probably loads of this through history There is little doubt that the comms on this signing was quite different from others .. no one from the club pushed back at the start of this , on the stories that we were forced to sign him .

Early on it was evident that some discussions took place about moving him on right away. Fair play to Rocky that he chose to stay and fight for this place - doing a good job of it so far too

Ok maybe I’m wrong with that one then we’re upto 2 errors ( although ones shaky imo 😁)

Still not consistent as poster suggests eh

LewysGot2
22-07-2022, 02:30 PM
Henderson Murphy deals where agreed prior to loans starting And contracts ending with parent club Rocky was a purchase agreement as still under contract

Don’t think we signed mclaren permanent did we? 2 loans?

Bushiri's deal also worked out beforehand but with the trigger being part of it.

Think Kamberi was another loan to perm?

WhileTheChief..
22-07-2022, 02:45 PM

I think the issue was that Hibs thought they had released the player at the end of his loan period.

Rocky then points out (or someone at Hibs realised) that he's played the required number of games to trigger the 3 year contract.

Rocky then had the choice of signing it or walking away. He chose to sign and we're obliged to honour it.

Percy Vere
22-07-2022, 04:13 PM

Hearts and Rangers seem highly unlikely to get any sort of result based on what we are seeing at the moment. It’s going to take time to turn this Hibs Team around. There’s no magic bullet and these two are very strong teams.
As usual I want the manager to be given time but certain Hibs supporters are unlikely to give it.
It’s been an awful start but I don’t think we’ve seen LJ team yet, with players still not match fit.

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2022, 04:59 PM
In no way are the fans to blame for Jack Ross getting sacked.

There were a handful of folk calling for his head at the Livi game, but nothing else.

That was all on Ron. He kinda admits he got it wrong himself.

As for Maloney, I'm blaming Kensall for his appointment and I'm glad Ron made the decision to axe him when he did.

If the same thing happens again, so be it.

We keep getting told there's no loyalty the game. That works both ways. LJ is just in the door, we don't owe him anything. If it doesn't work out I'd imagine Ron will let him go.

It was the constant drivel on every thread here and other social media platforms that set the tone of misery.

Page after page of the same people strangling the life out of this place with their get him out, sack him, he's boring, never won a big game.

Ross and his team were going through a bad run, but they had just won a semi final against the club that went to extra time in the Europa league.

It was that constant negativity, then that protest and those fans calling for his head that made our inexperienced owner pull the trigger, and thats worked out well eh?

Add in the FACT as we know they are facts, he was not signing the players, just as Maloney was not signing the players, and like now, LJ is not signing the players.

All 3 of those above might get the odd player they want, but in the main, these managers are being asked to manage players brought in for them by a committee of men who wouldnt know a decent footballer if one bit them on the arse.

It was real misery losing games at hampden though, it's much better not getting there now, it takes away they pain. :faf:

Scotty Leither
22-07-2022, 07:18 PM
Hearts and Rangers seem highly unlikely to get any sort of result based on what we are seeing at the moment. It’s going to take time to turn this Hibs Team around. There’s no magic bullet and these two are very strong teams.
As usual I want the manager to be given time but certain Hibs supporters are unlikely to give it.
It’s been an awful start but I don’t think we’ve seen LJ team yet, with players still not match fit.

How many excuses can we cough up against fur coat and nae knickers FC over the road?

I expect to beat them, twice a season at Easter Road, and in semis/finals at Hampden.

Any other mindset and attitude gives successive Board and management a free pass in this particular fixture.

Scotty Leither
22-07-2022, 07:32 PM
It was the constant drivel on every thread here and other social media platforms that set the tone of misery.

Page after page of the same people strangling the life out of this place with their get him out, sack him, he's boring, never won a big game.

Ross and his team were going through a bad run, but they had just won a semi final against the club that went to extra time in the Europa league.

It was that constant negativity, then that protest and those fans calling for his head that made our inexperienced owner pull the trigger, and thats worked out well eh?

Add in the FACT as we know they are facts, he was not signing the players, just as Maloney was not signing the players, and like now, LJ is not signing the players.

All 3 of those above might get the odd player they want, but in the main, these managers are being asked to manage players brought in for them by a committee of men who wouldnt know a decent footballer if one bit them on the arse.

It was real misery losing games at hampden though, it's much better not getting there now, it takes away they pain. :faf:

Well said BH.

It stretches credibility that the manager asks the recruitment team for this mystical “No 6” to anchor the midfield, and the recruitment team come up with a 19-year old who has not played a competitive game at first-team level, and the manager says: “aye he’s the guy that I had in mind, he’ll fit the bill”.

Utter BS, and am I surprised the Board think we’ll fall for it?

Answer? No not really.

Iain G
22-07-2022, 07:50 PM
Well said BH.

It stretches credibility that the manager asks the recruitment team for this mystical “No 6” to anchor the midfield, and the recruitment team come up with a 19-year old who has not played a competitive game at first-team level, and the manager says: “aye he’s the guy that I had in mind, he’ll fit the bill”.

Utter BS, and am I surprised the Board think we’ll fall for it?

Answer? No not really.

Unless he was one that LJ wanted?

I just don't understand this view that the board are sitting there in their underground layer plotting how to get one over and con the support? It makes no sense but there seems to be a paranoia creeping in where people think they are all out to put one over on us?

Kenneh, by all accounts, is a well regarded young player and could be a very very good signing for us, why not give the boy a chance?

Scotty Leither
22-07-2022, 07:53 PM

My @rse he was the “player he wanted”.

Open your eyes FFS.

Iain G
22-07-2022, 07:55 PM
My @rse he was the “player he wanted”.

Open your eyes FFS.

My eyes are perfectly wide and open, they just aren't clouded with your tainted view on all things Hibs

Scotty Leither
22-07-2022, 07:57 PM
My eyes are perfectly wide and open, they just aren't clouded with your tainted view on all things Hibs

Enlighten me then, what’s my “tainted views on all ‘things’ Hibs”?

Iain G
22-07-2022, 07:59 PM
Enlighten me then, what’s my “tainted views on all ‘things’ Hibs”?

The relentless criticism of the club and Ron Gordon and this suggestion that we are being taken for a ride

Scotty Leither
22-07-2022, 07:59 PM

I just don't understand this view that the board are sitting there in their underground layer plotting how to get one over and con the support? It makes no sense but there seems to be a paranoia creeping in where people think they are all out to put one over on us?

Kenneh, by all accounts, is a well regarded young player and could be a very very good signing for us, why not give the boy a chance?

You’ve answered your own question. He’s a young player being asked to do a man’s job.

Scotty Leither
22-07-2022, 08:00 PM
The relentless criticism of the club and Ron Gordon and this suggestion that we are being taken for a ride

Examples?

Iain G
22-07-2022, 08:00 PM
Examples?

Any post of yours usually, see the one just a few up this thread I responded to for one

Heisenberg
22-07-2022, 08:01 PM
Examples?

That’s a hilarious question.

Scotty Leither
22-07-2022, 08:12 PM
Any post of yours usually, see the one just a few up this thread I responded to for one

I think the club’s being run as an experiment by a guy who appears to think that results are secondary to the “match-day experience”, coupled by placing his wet behind the ears laddie into a position he’s woefully under qualified for.

Meantime, I’ll continue to buy my season ticket, contribute to HSL, pay up the £200 extra for behind the goals, and follow the club home and away (which maybe makes me an “Uber fan” around these parts), so excuse me if I call out what I see as neglect on the playing side.

Dashing Bob S
22-07-2022, 08:45 PM
Lee Johnson's been pretty uninspiring so far.

Ron's regime appear to be incapable of picking a decent manager. Whether it's the clowns Ron surrounds himself with...they just seem impressed by mediocrities who can spin a semi decent line in management/self-help rhetoric. I declare that I could pick a handful of old lushes from the Royal Scot Club who would be just as good!

I doubt he'll last till Christmas where David Gray will take over before ceding to the next turkey.

Sorry for the negativity -one is of course aware of how unseemly this is- but I'm struggling to be upbeat about Ron's Hibs.

Jones28
22-07-2022, 08:53 PM

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

WhileTheChief..
22-07-2022, 08:58 PM
Easter Road was like a library. That’s what RG would have noticed, not a few threads on here or Twitter.

The empty seats and silence said a hell of a lot more than a few random punters posting stuff online.

Lago
22-07-2022, 08:58 PM
I'm not one for looking at other club’s fans forums so I wonder if they have the same level of relentless negativity that appears on here, is it unique to Hibs or is it general across football?

22-07-2022, 08:59 PM
Bushiri's deal also worked out beforehand but with the trigger being part of it.

Think Kamberi was another loan to perm?

IIRC Kamberi's was a loan with an option to purchase at a price (£100k?) that was agreed by the clubs at the outset but terms were still to be agreed with the player.

BoomtownHibees
23-07-2022, 12:12 PM
pay up the £200 extra for behind the goals

That’s cos you’re getting it all to yourself

Stubbsy90+2
23-07-2022, 12:20 PM
I'm not one for looking at other club’s fans forums so I wonder if they have the same level of relentless negativity that appears on here, is it unique to Hibs or is it general across football?

When their teams aren’t doing well it’s the exact same.

The Aberdeen forums were nothing but negative last year. The rangers forums were nothing but negative and calling for Gerrards head before he won the league. Hearts forums were awash with negativity when they finished third and that even ended up with the negativity at the stadium culminating in a plane being flown over the stadium demanding the manager was sacked. Celtic forums were awash with negativity when they ****ed up ten in a row. Celtic fans barely even celebrated winning the cup a few years ago because it was announced Lennon was staying on as manager into the next season within minutes of the final whistle blowing. They were absolutely fizzing.

It’s results and/or performances are negative then that will be reflected in the mood of the fans.

Lago
23-07-2022, 12:26 PM
When their teams aren’t doing well it’s the exact same.

The Aberdeen forums were nothing but negative last year. The rangers forums were nothing but negative and calling for Gerrards head before he won the league. Hearts forums were awash with negativity when they finished third and that even ended up with the negativity at the stadium culminating in a plane being flown over the stadium demanding the manager was sacked. Celtic forums were awash with negativity when they ****ed up ten in a row. Celtic fans barely even celebrated winning the cup a few years ago because it was announced Lennon was staying on as manager into the next season within minutes of the final whistle blowing. They were absolutely fizzing.

It’s results and/or performances are negative then that will be reflected in the mood of the fans.
Oh well it's a fan thing across the board, that makes me feel better. 😊

jakeshibs
23-07-2022, 12:44 PM

Well said . people on social media need to take responsibilities for their post, to imply that the Hibs support did not affect JR sacking is poor and untrue
we all read the drivel on these posts.

James70
25-07-2022, 07:13 AM
I think Lee needs to tone down his comments to the media. I don't disagree with most of his criticisms but they aren't going down well and he could find himself being called to the SFA offices before long. Makes him look like a sore loser too.

Libby Hibby
25-07-2022, 07:17 AM
I think Lee needs to tone down his comments to the media. I don't disagree with most of his criticisms but they aren't going down well and he could find himself being called to the SFA offices before long. Makes him look like a sore loser too.

Your last sentence is how the media decide to spin the narrative. Too often with Hibs, the narrative is portrayed in a negative light.

Remember how the story was spun when Hertz got relegated? It was poor wee Hearts whenever the Budgie spoke. In reality, they were the bottom club on merit.

JimBHibees
26-07-2022, 05:58 AM

What comments are you referring to?

JimBHibees
26-07-2022, 06:00 AM
Your last sentence is how the media decide to spin the narrative. Too often with Hibs, the narrative is portrayed in a negative light.

Remember how the story was spun when Hertz got relegated? It was poor wee Hearts whenever the Budgie spoke. In reality, they were the bottom club on merit.

Personally think we have never been gobby enough. Last season personally think we got nothing from refs but said nothing about it don't think that works.

Since452
26-07-2022, 06:04 AM

Personally think we've been too nice for too long.

Unseen work
26-07-2022, 11:31 AM
He’ll come good, I’ve no doubt.

Look at Ange when he first arrived at Celtic compared to when he got his own players in.

New CB
Hanlon
Cabraja
JDH
Magennis
Mitchell
New attacker
Youan
Nisbet

Will make a huge difference. Add in Tavares and Kenneh settling, Stevenson coming back etc.

Since452
26-07-2022, 12:03 PM
He’ll come good, I’ve no doubt.

Look at Ange when he first arrived at Celtic compared to when he got his own players in.

New CB
Hanlon
Cabraja
JDH
Magennis
Mitchell
New attacker
Youan
Nisbet

Will make a huge difference. Add in Tavares and Kenneh settling, Stevenson coming back etc.

The Ange point is a very good one and we should take note. I'd wager the majority of Celtic fans wanted him out after his first five games or so. Of course it's easier to build a team when your budget dwarfs all but one other team but there were loud calls for his head.

Ozyhibby
26-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Personally think we have never been gobby enough. Last season personally think we got nothing from refs but said nothing about it don't think that works.

Better to do after winning some games though? Complaining about organisation of the cup after playing an ineligible player? Johnson needs to get his act together first before moaning about everyone else.
League cup exit is 100% on him.

flash
26-07-2022, 01:03 PM
Better to do after winning some games though? Complaining about organisation of the cup after playing an ineligible player? Johnson needs to get his act together first before moaning about everyone else.

And Joe Newall of course.

Dmas

Agree to an extent but he did mention he was unhappy at when the players where due to return with how early the cup games where in his opening press conference as hibs manager, it’s not just a gripe he’s came too because we have been papped out.

But aye after the final nail being the unprofessionalism of someone at the club he should really have shelved the 4th Official stuff

Stuart93

Aye I feel if he’d had the rant before we played any games or if we’d got through then fair enough but moaning about it after going out looks like sour grapes

Since452
26-07-2022, 01:10 PM

He complained about it before a ball was kicked. I don't mind a manager speaking their mind.

Ozyhibby
26-07-2022, 01:14 PM
And Joe Newall of course.

It’s not Joe Newell’s fault. He does his best with what he’s got. It’s Johnson who picks him.

tonyrougier123
08-08-2022, 07:32 PM
Need to give the gaffer a shout out here for the goal,he spoke about cutting the ball back with bodies in the box before the hearts game.

Obviously him and his coaches will be very satisfied by scoring like that, with the players clearly taking his methods on board.

Northernhibee
08-08-2022, 08:38 PM
Need to give the gaffer a shout out here for the goal,he spoke about cutting the ball back with bodies in the box before the hearts game.

Obviously him and his coaches will be very satisfied by scoring like that, with the players clearly taking his methods on board.

I really like Lee and think he's been handed the most difficult task of any Hibs manager in a long, long time. Arguably more difficult than Alan Stubbs because Stubbsy had barely any players so could build a team from scratch without having to move too many out (not that his task wasn't gargantuan itself). Add to that a very short pre season to try and gel a new squad together playing a new style of football and it's no mean feat for us to have gotten four points from our first two games.

What is most impressive is the "never say die" attitude of this team. Two games, two injury time goals in front of big crowds. The way in which the club acted to get Boyle in has made this weekend almost feel like a daydream. From the "will he won't he" on Friday to the Al Faisily tweet the morning after, closely followed by the Hibs tweet, closely followed by announcing that he'd be unveiled at Easter Road.

Then the following day the shock place on the bench and for him to not only come on but to score a last kick of the game goal. 'Starman' blaring out of the tannoys and near enough every man, woman and child in the stadium belting out his song. That was utterly special, and from Friday evening to the end of yesterday that was arguably the most special weekend since 2016.

Nobody in twenty years time will remember the times Stubbs' Hibs side failed to break down a Dumbarton or a Morton or the like. They'll remember the cup win, McGinn, McGregor, the 2-2 game followed by the replay under the lights. Conrad Logan's penalty saves. In dark times people will turn to it for a bit of comfort and joy as it left an indelible impression on us all.

We're going to have some tough times as this team gels and acclimatises and learns from its mistakes. I can guarantee you though that if we show a bit of patience and keep weekends like this one in our minds, we'll get there and have far more to cheer.

Nobody will remember that Boyle's goal wasn't actually a winner. But I have no doubt that this team under a young manager like LJ with a clear vision can go on to give us many wins in the future.

matty_f
08-08-2022, 08:49 PM
I really like Lee and think he's been handed the most difficult task of any Hibs manager in a long, long time. Arguably more difficult than Alan Stubbs because Stubbsy had barely any players so could build a team from scratch without having to move too many out (not that his task wasn't gargantuan itself). Add to that a very short pre season to try and gel a new squad together playing a new style of football and it's no mean feat for us to have gotten four points from our first two games.

What is most impressive is the "never say die" attitude of this team. Two games, two injury time goals in front of big crowds. The way in which the club acted to get Boyle in has made this weekend almost feel like a daydream. From the "will he won't he" on Friday to the Al Faisily tweet the morning after, closely followed by the Hibs tweet, closely followed by announcing that he'd be unveiled at Easter Road.

Then the following day the shock place on the bench and for him to not only come on but to score a last kick of the game goal. 'Starman' blaring out of the tannoys and near enough every man, woman and child in the stadium belting out his song. That was utterly special, and from Friday evening to the end of yesterday that was arguably the most special weekend since 2016.

Nobody in twenty years time will remember the times Stubbs' Hibs side failed to break down a Dumbarton or a Morton or the like. They'll remember the cup win, McGinn, McGregor, the 2-2 game followed by the replay under the lights. Conrad Logan's penalty saves. In dark times people will turn to it for a bit of comfort and joy as it left an indelible impression on us all.

We're going to have some tough times as this team gels and acclimatises and learns from its mistakes. I can guarantee you though that if we show a bit of patience and keep weekends like this one in our minds, we'll get there and have far more to cheer.

Nobody will remember that Boyle's goal wasn't actually a winner. But I have no doubt that this team under a young manager like LJ with a clear vision can go on to give us many wins in the future.

What a really nice post. Totally agree.

Hibernian Verse
08-08-2022, 08:52 PM

Fantastic post.

Jonnyboy
08-08-2022, 09:03 PM

Well said ✅

tonyrougier123
08-08-2022, 09:49 PM

Great post,exactly how I feel bud.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. GGTTH.

FilipinoHibs
09-08-2022, 12:45 AM

In dark days of the 80s after a bad away result, we would put on "Hibs Classics" tape on the bus on the way home.

HoboHarry
09-08-2022, 02:11 AM

It's LJ's job to follow the disciplinary notifications? What load of bullocks, :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Smartie
09-08-2022, 12:05 PM
I like him and think he could be a great fit for us.

He has urged patience and said that it would take a wee while to stamp his personality on the way we play, as well as needing a few transfer windows to bring in the players that he needs to play the way he wants to play. I'd say that all looks fairly accurate and reasonable based on what we've seen so far.

One of the problems I have with "English league one types" is that there can often be a pragmatism about them. There are often lots of teams who are similar in ability with similar resources playing a fairly physical game, draws can be decent results and fine margins can determine a season.

Johnson doesn't really fit that mould and what he has been criticised for down South might be a real strength up here in Scotland. Wins are important, and our success will largely be determined by having a good home record and being able to regularly take 3 points against teams with less resources against us. Finding a way (and having a desire) to win on the road will be big too. I reckon his attacking philosophy will serve him well and I like the way that we've finished both games strongly under him so far.

Counter attacking has it's place but can only get you so far when you're a goal down to a stuffy team intent on sitting in. It was interesting that during the last week and a bit, with what looks to be a strong squad Jack Ross managed to mastermind a decent win in Europe (that in all likelihood will probably yield no tangible end product), a home defeat to Livingston and also chuck a lead at Killie.

Even many of those who thought we should have held onto Ross would admit to being unconvinced by him. I suspect the Johnson era will be a bit more of a rollercoaster ride, but a bit more enjoyable than the Jack Ross era and we all want a bit of enjoyment in our lives. He's another one who I think needs to be cut a bit of slack when the inevitable downward turns happen though.

GRA
09-08-2022, 12:49 PM
Clearly needs time to implement his methods.

There are still weaknesses in this team, especially physically in midfield, but we've got players to come back and he's instilling a never say die attitude which has brought us 4 points rather than 1 over the last couple of weeks.

The Captain....
09-08-2022, 01:16 PM
Very early days, I like his honesty and I think he's going out of his way to rebuild the connection between the club and the fans.

There's been glimpses of the football he says he wants to see. Personally I think we need another few midfield signings before we'll really see it implemented. I didn't expect him to turn things round instantly..it will take time but I'm not sure he will get it.

JohnM1875
13-08-2022, 10:58 PM
Again completely agree with his post match summary of the game. I wasn't overly enamored with his appointment at the time but honestly feel like he'll be brilliant given time.

Let's be honest, this team has struggled for a good while now. You're not going to suddenly turn them into a free flowing attacking team Inna few months.

CMac1988
13-08-2022, 11:03 PM
Again completely agree with his post match summary of the game. I wasn't overly enamored with his appointment at the time but honestly feel like he'll be brilliant given time.

Let's be honest, this team has struggled for a good while now. You're not going to suddenly turn them into a free flowing attacking team Inna few months.

I like his honesty in post match interviews. Like most though if he doesn't come up with answers then it's all for nought. Time will tell but minus a couple of games in pre season we're nowhere near the high energy, high pressing team that we were promised. Too many players are caught napping far too often and we have a tendancy to get punished badly when it happens.

B.H.F.C
13-08-2022, 11:10 PM
For all we’ve signed a lot of new players, I think he’s suffering for some of the horrendous decisions to award multiple players long term contracts (undeservedly) over the last year or so.

I’m not terribly convinced so far but have thought all summer that who we do have is as big a problem as who we don’t have. He’ll need to get some results but it’s going to take a bit of time to change some of the things he’s inherited. Hopefully he actually wants to change them.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2022, 11:39 PM

Football managers don't get much time these days, if they're not producing results over the course of 3 or 4 months then they're usually gone and I don't see Lee Johnson being any different.

He said he expects us to be the "true" Hibs after about 10-12 games so it's a big month or so coming up for us and also for him.

It's a real pity that we have Rangers next week as it would have been good to get an instant reaction to yesterday's defeat but I can't honestly see anything other than a comfortable Rangers victory there so a win the following week at St Mirren is a must.

Pete
13-08-2022, 11:43 PM
I'll listen to people 'talk about Lee' after he gets a proper chance. Maybe a season.

One thing he maybe should have insisted on is our team not wearing black in 25 degrees heat.

phoenixfire
13-08-2022, 11:51 PM
For all we’ve signed a lot of new players, I think he’s suffering for some of the horrendous decisions to award multiple players long term contracts (undeservedly) over the last year or so.

I’m not terribly convinced so far but have thought all summer that who we do have is as big a problem as who we don’t have. He’ll need to get some results but it’s going to take a bit of time to change some of the things he’s inherited. Hopefully he actually wants to change them.

Agree!think he would like to change midfield thou aren't Campbell ,Newell ,Henderson ,jdh not on lengthy contracts? Also doidge too thou probably hard to shift players out if no one's interested in them ! We have made a few good signings too thou! On another day we would have got something out of the game today as bad as we were at times stats very much in our favour along with a few right bad ref decisions think Lee needs time !I for one think he will get it right if he gets a chance!

GreenGray
13-08-2022, 11:56 PM
I'll listen to people 'talk about Lee' after he gets a proper chance. Maybe a season.

One thing he maybe should have insisted on is our team not wearing black in 25 degrees heat.

Tbh I don’t think our kit was the issue today

phoenixfire
14-08-2022, 12:02 AM
Tbh I don’t think our kit was the issue today

Midfields the issue , has been for sometime ! Don't actually think any of them are bad players just don't play well together!

Sir David Gray
14-08-2022, 04:33 AM
Agree!think he would like to change midfield thou aren't Campbell ,Newell ,Henderson ,jdh not on lengthy contracts? Also doidge too thou probably hard to shift players out if no one's interested in them ! We have made a few good signings too thou! On another day we would have got something out of the game today as bad as we were at times stats very much in our favour along with a few right bad ref decisions think Lee needs time !I for one think he will get it right if he gets a chance!

They're all under contract until 2025 except Doidge who is under contract until 2024.

GreenCastle
14-08-2022, 05:25 AM

I don’t even listen the post game interviews. I just want a winning team.

Clyde 2nd half
Falkirk
Bonnyrigg
Morton
Livi

That’s 5 games against team with less resources where we have struggled put in a performance over 90 mins.

Stubbsy90+2
14-08-2022, 06:29 AM
They're all under contract until 2025 except Doidge who is under contract until 2024.

That’s absolutely terrifying as imo all 5 aren’t good enough.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2022, 06:35 AM
I keep an open mind and there’s a lot of moving parts at the moment hut

for all the talk of LJ interest and looking into the history (presumable this in includes past and recent history…

how can he come out with the statement he did about Livi and keep a straight face? Surely if it’s you know the way they play and the abysmal record against the you drill thinks into the players to avoid.

recent Hibstory shows time and again failure to come out the traps running, getting foothold in the game and allowing others to seize the initiative.

disrupted onboarding, injuries (losing Bushiri didn't help) but come on…

theres only so many get out of jail free card Martin Boyle can conjure up

theonlywayisup
14-08-2022, 06:46 AM
I've said it before that I can't believe that LJ would come up to Scotland with his backroom staff following a 6-hour interview and talk about his desire to build his team with young kids who've hardly had any senior games, around a midfield who have zero control & creativity and a defence who struggle with the basics.

Surely, he would have identified some experienced midfield generals and commanding centre backs who could come in and help Porto.

Stubbsy90+2
14-08-2022, 07:14 AM
I've said it before that I can't believe that LJ would come up to Scotland with his backroom staff following a 6-hour interview and talk about his desire to build his team with young kids who've hardly had any senior games, around a midfield who have zero control & creativity and a defence who struggle with the basics.

Surely, he would have identified some experienced midfield generals and commanding centre backs who could come in and help Porto.

Publicly he may claim he’s happy with the squad. But as you say, there’s no way he’s come up here, with us having been a shambles last season and taken the job on the premise he’s going to be getting a load of players with little first team experience to fix things. If he has, then he’s absolutely nuts.

Hopefully behind closed doors he’s absolutely demanding a centre back and a centre midfielder who will walk into the team and be mainstays.

H18 SFR
14-08-2022, 07:59 AM
The biggest factor for me is that we stick with Lee Johnson and his staff no matter how up and down this year is.

He’s going to build us a good team in time.

tonyrougier123
14-08-2022, 08:00 AM
Just seen the highlights,goals conceded shockers!
The first is amateurish,as the pundits on sportscene said boy looked like he was running in slow motion.

We always get done by these big strikers.defence is soft,and I don’t mean non committal but just leaky.

A solid centre back would able to organise that back 3 4 or 5 high on the wish list still.

And a linking midfielder like Allan or mcgeouch but younger and hungry to kick on.

Stubbsy90+2
14-08-2022, 08:07 AM
The biggest factor for me is that we stick with Lee Johnson and his staff no matter how up and down this year is.

I’m not sure anyone can say that with any degree of certainty, simply because most of the folk who have built such a poor squad are still involved.

jeffers
14-08-2022, 08:17 AM

Other than blind faith I don’t see how you can say with any confidence he’ll build us a good team in time. I’ve seen very little so far to encourage me. Out of the league cup after in the group stages after a pitiful couple of performances, huffed and puffed against a rank St Johnstone, rescued a draw against Hearts, were awful on the first half yesterday and lost due to two pathetic bits of defending. For all the signings we’ve made we are still back to relying on Martin Boyle to provide us with that X factor.

It is obviously early days in his time with us, but I expected to see better than what we’ve produced so far.

The Baldmans Comb
14-08-2022, 08:38 AM
Johnson has shown total disrespect to Scottish football from the minute he walked through the door and treated the league cup as an experimental competition not to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to take the Scottish Premier league seriously either with his absolute inability to construct a spine to the team and his reliance on a few individuals such as Boyler obviously and the excellent Marshall to get him out of jail.

There isn't much of a team spirit,the shape is disjointed, the match preparation poor and his signings which he makes the final sign off call on range between useless to at best limited work in progress.

Scottish football is far bigger and better than posing managers who didnt even have the decency to do any basic preparation of how teams in this league set up whereby if you have hard working and hard running physical midfielders operating in a tight circle then it might not win you the game but it gives you a huge head start.

Johnson might learn but I expect him to behave in exactly the same way as the Yorkshire pudding with his dogmatic arrogance.