PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to cancel a Season Ticket?

ekhibee
20-07-2022, 09:41 PM
What would be the latest date to cancel? I've not definitely decided to get rid of my ST, but it was touch and go whether I could afford it this season, and I'm sorry but if we can't even beat lower league teams now, after me and many others forking out over £400, then I might have a decision to make. I totally understand if others have a different view though.

HIBS NUTS
20-07-2022, 09:50 PM
Well just don’t buy a season ticket, what makes you think that lots of random hibs fans on here, care if you renew. or not.
Do something you enjoy, instead.

MelbourneHibees
20-07-2022, 09:51 PM
Well just don’t buy a season ticket, what makes you think that lots of random hibs fans on here, care if you renew. or not.
Do something you enjoy, instead.
Did you even read the OP?

Hibby70
20-07-2022, 10:08 PM
Don't think the shop is open at 11pm. Shocking service.

Danderhall Hibs
20-07-2022, 10:13 PM
Don't think the shop is open at 11pm. Shocking service.

They don’t answer anyway. Probably best trying the ticket office.

j'adorehibs
20-07-2022, 10:13 PM
What would be the latest date to cancel? I've not definitely decided to get rid of my ST, but it was touch and go whether I could afford it this season, and I'm sorry but if we can't even beat lower league teams now, after me and many others forking out over £400, then I might have a decision to make. I totally understand if others have a different view though.

you in the spare room tonight then?

HIBS NUTS
20-07-2022, 10:14 PM
Did you even read the OP?

i read it, if he doesn’t want to renew that’s fine, but it would be a pretty boring forum if everyone asked everyone else wether the should renew, with no relevant information about his personal financial circumstances.
i agree it’s just attention seeking.

Just_Jimmy
20-07-2022, 10:17 PM
Do something you enjoy, instead.That you Ron? Might be Ben?

***** attitude!

There's clearly issues at Hibs and it'll not be long before many take up your advice.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

LewysGot2
20-07-2022, 10:22 PM
Is this not a simple case of standard consumer rights applying? The usual cooling off period applying?

The only folk who will know are in the Ticket Office

HIBS NUTS
20-07-2022, 10:23 PM

Please renew .

20-07-2022, 10:23 PM
That you Ron? Might be Ben?

***** attitude!

There's clearly issues at Hibs and it'll not be long before many take up your advice.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

He did sound like the owner and CEO right enough. Perhaps he's trying out some tag lines for next year's Season Ticket campaign.

ekhibee
20-07-2022, 10:37 PM
i read it, if he doesn’t want to renew that’s fine, but it would be a pretty boring forum if everyone asked everyone else wether the should renew, with no relevant information about his personal financial circumstances.
i agree it’s just attention seeking.

Right, to clear this up, I already have a season ticket, it was a struggle but I managed it, and I should also point out that I've had a ST for over 40 years, but this year was much more difficult due to family issues. My financial situation is none of your business, particularly if the best you can come out with is that I'm attention-seeking. I was asking for advice, and the best you could do is side with somebody who insulted me and then received an insult back. And as I already pointed out, others might have a different view to me about cancelling a season ticket, that is of course totally fine. At no stage did I ever mention renewing, because obviously I already had.

green day
20-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Right, to clear this up, I already have a season ticket, it was a struggle but I managed it, and I should also point out that I've had a ST for over 40 years, but this year was much more difficult due to family issues. My financial situation is none of your business, particularly if the best you can come out with is that I'm attention-seeking. I was asking for advice, and the best you could do is side with somebody who insulted me and then received an insult back. And as I already pointed out, others might have a different view to me about cancelling a season ticket, that is of course totally fine. At no stage did I ever mention renewing, because obviously I already had.

I'm not sure you can cancel it if you have already renewed.

If you are paying installments, presumably you entered into an agreement with the credit provider, so not sure you can cancel there either.

It should say on your paperwork.

Jones28
20-07-2022, 10:41 PM
Sorry ekhibee, too quick to react in an evening that hasn’t been a good one for Hibs fans.

I hope someone much more helpful than me gives you an answer.

ekhibee
20-07-2022, 10:46 PM
Sorry ekhibee, too quick to react in an evening that hasn’t been a good one for Hibs fans.

I hope someone much more helpful than me gives you an answer.

It's ok mate, I was too quick to react as well, for the same reasons, we're all Hibees after all.

Jones28
20-07-2022, 10:47 PM
It's ok mate, I was too quick to react as well, for the same reasons, we're all Hibees after all.

👍🏻👍🏻 Wise words.

20-07-2022, 10:49 PM
Good to see folk can kiss and make up. This thread has been a bit like an episode of Love Island. 😀

jgl07
20-07-2022, 10:52 PM
Do you have time to to get a season ticket at Tynecastle?

Seriously, do us a favour and stop trying to seek attention.

H18 SFR
20-07-2022, 10:58 PM
This is what I like to see, Hibs fans coming together.

We need a Hibs.net weekend away somewhere. Lets go the weekend we would have been playing in the league cup?

Hibernia&Alba
21-07-2022, 05:25 AM

Stick with it, mate, if you can. If money is too tight, that's totally understandable, when we have a cost of living crisis just now. Luckily, I can afford to renew, and, having had an ST man and boy, it would take a lot to make me give it up. If we end up relegated again with the next few years, that could be the tipping point. I stuck with it for three years last time, but I'm not sure I would have the motivation to endure it again. Every other disappointment is just part of the deal of supporting Hibs :greengrin

BSEJVT
21-07-2022, 05:39 AM

Don't know, but does anyone know if I can return that Pizza, I got from Pizza Hut 3 weeks ago, I decided that on reflection I didn't like it after enjoying it at the time?

You bought the season ticket, your free choice, if the club allowed folk to return their season tickets after a few poor performances they could be playing in front of Seagulls.

There is no chance you can return the Season Ticket, in future you want to consider carefully before you spend 1p on anything. Caveat Emptor

Pretty Green
21-07-2022, 06:51 AM
Don't know, but does anyone know if I can return that Pizza, I got from Pizza Hut 3 weeks ago, I decided that on reflection I didn't like it after enjoying it at the time?

You bought the season ticket, your free choice, if the club allowed folk to return their season tickets after a few poor performances they could be playing in front of Seagulls.

There is no chance you can return the Season Ticket, in future you want to consider carefully before you spend 1p on anything. Caveat Emptor

Nah you can't return a pizza that you ate but returning a season ticket before a game has been played is not unreasonable to be fair.

flash
21-07-2022, 07:02 AM

Why not ask the club or was this your entry into the I am even angrier than you competition that this forum has turned into.

Libby Hibby
21-07-2022, 07:04 AM
Why not ask the club or was this your entry into the I am even angrier than you competition that this forum has turned into.

I thought I was the angriest.

flash
21-07-2022, 07:05 AM
I thought I was the angriest.

Will check your posts and let you know where you stand.

Coco Bryce
21-07-2022, 07:07 AM

Did the Pizza shop promise fast attacking football on the front foot? :greengrin

The Spaceman
21-07-2022, 07:08 AM
If you don’t have a season ticket/haven’t given the club some investment, you don’t have a right to be angry with its performance. Lose your ST, lose that right.

Clubs like ours will always seesaw, but the key is we have lots of potential and scope for growth once we do get it right. The investments behind the scene are working and one day it’ll stick on the pitch.

flash
21-07-2022, 07:08 AM
Did the Pizza shop promise fast attacking football on the front foot? :greengrin

Aye and free garlic bread.

RIP
21-07-2022, 07:11 AM
I think I’ve met the OP before at Hampden. He seemed a good chap so having bought a season ticket for this year myself, I can empathise.

He’s from Lanarkshire and I’m from Perth. Due to fuel prices rising exponentially, it’s going to be an expensive day out coming to watch our boys this season. So, given the form we are in, I can understand why he’s having second thoughts about his commitment.

However we are both guys who’ve supported the club through thick and thin for fifty years or more (61 in my case). We have seen some excellent sides and too many poor ones. The best times were when watching the settled squads (Tornadoes, Golden Generation, Cup-winning side).

The many lean years have been where we changed the manager far too frequently, signed loads of footballing migrants who passed through without touching the sides, and never had any chance of creating a settled 11 on the park.

This time is no different to then. Our board has rarely understood how to build a successful football club, with stability and playing style. We are Hibs, a flawed vessel who mostly fail to meet our expectations. We buy our season tickets not in expectation of success but because we are HIBS SUPPORTERS.

Supporting our club, especially when they are going through a rough patch, is how we prove our worth. So to the OP, I say please stand by your club buddy, and be there when you are most needed.

GGTTH 🇳🇬

Stubbsy90+2
21-07-2022, 07:16 AM
If you don’t have a season ticket/haven’t given the club some investment, you don’t have a right to be angry with its performance. Lose your ST, lose that right.

Clubs like ours will always seesaw, but the key is we have lots of potential and scope for growth once we do get it right. The investments behind the scene are working and one day it’ll stick on the pitch.

What a load of nonsense.

It’s not only season ticket holders who are allowed to be angry at performances. Is it only season ticket holders that get to enjoy them as well? I hope the extra 15k that watched us win the cup weren’t sitting there enjoying themselves. The cheek of them if they were.

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 10:20 AM

Yes you can cancel it. Having renewed on the 1st day having bought all the talk of improvement, I emailed last night, that was the final straw for me, and the helpful staff in the TO had it cancelled by 10am this morning.

Stuart93
21-07-2022, 10:26 AM

Bull****.

I’ve not renewed this season because I’ve changed jobs and now work weekends so wouldn’t get the value of my ST, does that mean I can’t be pissed off getting beat from Falkirk and drawing against Morton?

We aren’t allowed to be annoyed at hibs not playing well because we don’t have a season ticket? Jeez.

I'm Spartacus
21-07-2022, 10:26 AM

Please renew, don't go, I'm begging you, we need you, great fans like you, if you are not there shouting at the players they may be able to hear someone shout something positive. (Is that what you are after?)

flash
21-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Yes you can cancel it. Having renewed on the 1st day having bought all the talk of improvement, I emailed last night, that was the final straw for me, and the helpful staff in the TO had it cancelled by 10am this morning.

The final straw was before our first league game?

One I don't believe you and two if you are telling the truth what a fud.

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 10:32 AM
The final straw was before our first league game?

One I don't believe you and two if you are telling the truth what a fud.

what dont you believe? That i've cancelled, that i even was a season ticket holder? or was it the part about the TO staff being helpful??

what gives you the right to call anyone a Fud for not wanting to spend a fortune to go watch that garbage

green day
21-07-2022, 10:32 AM

what?

Cancelled and repaid your £400 or whatever ?

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 10:33 AM
If you can't return it, I'll buy it from you for £250.

Let me know.

flash
21-07-2022, 10:33 AM
what dont you believe? That i've cancelled, that i even was a season ticket holder? or was it the part about the TO staff being helpful??

what gives you the right to call anyone a Fud for not wanting to spend a fortune to go watch that garbage

All of it.

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 10:34 AM
what?

Cancelled and repaid your £400 or whatever ?

it was on payment plan, both tickets cancelled and money paid so far is being refunded by V12

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 10:35 AM
All of it.

what would i lie about this? i'll happily send you the email thread if you want, just to make sure it's all up to your scrutiny.

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 10:37 AM
Glory hunters abound.

flash
21-07-2022, 10:37 AM
what would i lie about this? i'll happily send you the email thread if you want, just to make sure it's all up to your scrutiny.

Couldn't care less. If it's true then my second point applies.

OstKurve Hibs
21-07-2022, 10:44 AM

Because the advice your askin for is a load of *****.
Phone the ticket office and ask them

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 10:45 AM
Couldn't care less. If it's true then my second point applies.

Mate your 55 and reverting to calling people on a message board childish names and being a liar for not agreeing with view points.

flash
21-07-2022, 10:52 AM
Mate your 55 and reverting to calling people on a message board childish names and being a liar for not agreeing with view points.

You better believe it.

OstKurve Hibs
21-07-2022, 10:53 AM
Glory hunters abound.

Sure is, the vibe I'm picking up here is that folk can afford to watch hibs if we are playin well but cant afford it if playing crap !
You can either afford to go or you cant, quit using the teams performances as an excuse, if we had won every game in the group this thread wouldnt have been started and I highly doubt youd be questioning whether you can afford it or not. It would be quiet the opposite actually, youd probably be posting a thread about how much you cant wait for the league to start.

MelbourneHibees
21-07-2022, 10:53 AM
FWIW I initially bought my ST but then decided I'd be better off just now on the finance option. I was able to cancelled and have refunded my ST and then was able to repurchase. Not exactly the same as OP but it shows they can refund you.

LewysGot2
21-07-2022, 11:01 AM

Ticket Office wasn't open before then?

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 11:04 AM
Sure is, the vibe I'm picking up here is that folk can afford to watch hibs if we are playin well but cant afford it if playing crap !
You can either afford to go or you cant, quit using the teams performances as an excuse, if we had won every game in the group this thread wouldnt have been started and I highly doubt youd be questioning whether you can afford it or not. It would be quiet the opposite actually, youd probably be posting a thread about how much you cant wait for the league to start.

as i've said many times before my issues with Hibs aren't just on the park, they run much deeper than players and manager. With the cost of everything, a new child on the way, resulting maternity pay/no pay, two season tickets to watch sub standard football is a luxury that i can do without.

I've watched Hibs through more rubbish times than good to be called a glory hunter.

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 11:06 AM
Ticket Office wasn't open before then?

my 1st email reply from Paul Robertson came though at 9.08 this morning.

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 11:09 AM
my 1st email reply from Paul Robertson came though at 9.08 this morning.

You're so proud of abandoning Hibs.

Well done. 👍

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 11:11 AM
You're so proud of abandoning Hibs.

Well done. 👍

I'm absolutely not it was a horrible feeling, if i was going to abandon Hibs i'd have done it in Covid times when we weren't getting in and money was really tight.

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 11:13 AM
I'm absolutely not it was a horrible feeling, if i was going to abandon Hibs i'd have done it in Covid times when we weren't getting in and money was really tight.

Yet you're clearly delighted to advertise the fact.

You've saved £400. Superb. :applause:

What will you buy now that you were going to do without?

PS You have abandoned them.

Diclonius
21-07-2022, 11:14 AM
I'm guessing anyone cancelling their ST won't complain when Hearts have a bigger budget and turn us over again.

Pretty Green
21-07-2022, 11:28 AM
OK let's look at this another way, you pay your money on the promise of fast flowing football and when you preview it that isn't what you are getting so cancel your season ticket. This is what a lot of people on here are getting upset about, so tell me this if you went to an online car sale and were told you are getting a ferrari and paid for it and you turn up for collection and they bring out a mini would you accept that or ask for a refund?

SaulGoodman
21-07-2022, 11:29 AM

Can’t have been that horrible a feeling considering you’ve cancelled before the first league game of the season and are quite happy to advertise the fact for everyone to see.

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 11:29 AM

probably need to borrow slightly less to pay basic bills now, thanks for asking

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 11:31 AM
probably need to borrow slightly less to pay basic bills now, thanks for asking

Aye, very good.

hibsforeurope
21-07-2022, 11:31 AM
Can’t have been that horrible a feeling considering you’ve cancelled before the first league game of the season and are quite happy to advertise the fact for everyone to see.

I was replying to the OP saying that it was possible, i was jumped on after this which has highlighted it much more.

SaulGoodman
21-07-2022, 11:32 AM
OK let's look at this another way, you pay your money on the promise of fast flowing football and when you preview it that isn't what you are getting so cancel your season ticket. This is what a lot of people on here are getting upset about, so tell this if you went to an online car sale and were told you are getting a ferrari and paid for it and you turn up for collection and they bring out a mini would you accept that or ask for a refund?

I pay my money because I’m a Hibs fan, not on the promise of any style of football. Right now I think the football is *****, the players are average at best and I’m still not convinced by the manager or the owner.

But Hibs could be playing in league two and getting pumped by east Stirling and I’d still probably have a season ticket.

Being a football fan is about more than just winning games and the club goes beyond the current owner and manager/playing staff.

If it was that simple I would be as well going to watch Celtic if I wanted to see a team winning every week.

Since452
21-07-2022, 11:33 AM
Folk handing back their season tickets off the back of two games in July. Wow. Has nobody watched Hibs over the last 40 years? The vast majority has been mince. If you buy a season ticket wanting free flowing, fast attacking football then flights to Barcelona are fairly cheap.

SaulGoodman
21-07-2022, 11:35 AM
I was replying to the OP saying that it was possible, i was jumped on after this which has highlighted it much more.

I don’t care if you were the OP or just replying to the OP, you still put it out there for everyone to see so you couldn’t have felt that bad about it, private messages are a thing.

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 11:36 AM
I pay my money because I’m a Hibs fan, not on the promise of any style of football. Right now I think the football is *****, the players are average at best and I’m still not convinced by the manager or the owner.

But Hibs could be playing in league two and getting pumped by east Stirling and I’d still probably have a season ticket.

Being a football fan is about more than just winning games and the club goes beyond the current owner and manager/playing staff.

If it was that simple I would be as well going to watch Celtic if I wanted to see a team winning every week.

£400 will get you a good few CL games at the PBS...

Mind you, there's no promise of fast flowing football so not much point.

erin go bragh
21-07-2022, 11:43 AM

Ffs , this place is getting worse , get a grip 🙈

BlackSheep
21-07-2022, 12:04 PM

Very well said.

This place has descended into complete disarray… not sure the sense you have written will be appreciated by many.

I'm Spartacus
21-07-2022, 12:04 PM

If you have genuinely had a season ticket for over 40 years, then last night isn't in our top 10 worst moments of those last 40 years.

percy veer
21-07-2022, 12:06 PM
Hope they get the refund , don't need "fans" like that.

Pretty Green
21-07-2022, 03:00 PM

But my point still stands in context to the op. Plus everyone is different when it comes e to supporting the team.

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 03:08 PM
But my point still stands in context to the op. Plus everyone is different when it comes e to supporting the team.

Yes, some folk just don't.

HIBS NUTS
21-07-2022, 03:11 PM
If you decided to ask for a refund, that’s up to you, but why did you feel the need to tell everyone else about it, what did you gain by it.
Just take your refund and do something else.

HIBS NUTS
21-07-2022, 03:29 PM
Are you encouraging others to get a refund on Season Tickets, now that you have proved it’s possible.

Victor
21-07-2022, 04:05 PM
Next thread topic. “Is it too late to stop being a Hibs fan?”

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 04:17 PM
Next thread topic. “Is it too late to stop being a Hibs fan?”

Followed by "What would you do with a £7.75 a week windfall?"

HIBS NUTS
21-07-2022, 04:37 PM
I accept in these times, people find it difficult financially, but a 1-1 draw with morton, doesn’t affect wether you can afford a ST or not.
Then for 2 hibs fans to come onto the forum and want advice on how to get refunds on ST before the League Season has began, and expect some sort of sympathy, is beyond belief.
Just ask for your refund, no need to tell everyone else, about how you can get the money back from Hibs.
How’s that going to help with the forthcoming Season.

Stubbsy90+2
21-07-2022, 05:02 PM

Poor post really.

In a time when folk are hard up for cash you’re taking the piss out of folk for feeling like they can’t part with £400.

BoomtownHibees
21-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Poor post really.

In a time when folk are hard up for cash you’re taking the piss out of folk for feeling like they can’t part with £400.

The op had already parted with the £400, so affordable for them. A couple of bad games has now meant they have cancelled their season ticket, nothing to do with being able to part with the money or not

Allant1981
21-07-2022, 05:17 PM
If folk are actually cancelling a season ticket because of us getting pumped out the cup then you arent a real fan, yes its s**t getting put out but these things happen, actually dont believe anyone has cancelled for this reason and anyone thats says they have is a blether imo

ekhibee
21-07-2022, 05:18 PM
Because the advice your askin for is a load of *****.
Phone the ticket office and ask them

I asked the question late last night when the ticket office was shut, in the hope that someone might know. Nae need for the attitude.

hibbyfraelibby
21-07-2022, 05:21 PM

Lattes and Avocados...according to the tories

Allant1981
21-07-2022, 05:26 PM
I asked the question late last night when the ticket office was shut, in the hope that someone might know. Nae need for the attitude.

Or you were attention seeking after a bad result

ekhibee
21-07-2022, 05:36 PM
If you have genuinely had a season ticket for over 40 years, then last night isn't in our top 10 worst moments of those last 40 years.

Yes, I genuinely did, and in the last 40 years I was able to afford a ST comfortably. That wasn't the case this year, but then again that's none of your business, and I'm perfectly well aware that there have been worse times for Hibs and worse performances. I have to travel from the other side of the country these days, petrol is extortionate just now, and I'm on a low wage, and as for people who think all I'm doing is attention-seeking they can get tae ****. There's plenty of people in my situation, it's far from unique, but I am not going to continually fork out to watch performances like the one last night and at Falkirk, and forking out a sizeable chunk of my wages to do so. I was raising what I thought was a perfectly legitimate question but I also said in the opening post that others might have a different view. If that's attention-seeking then I hold my hands up.

HIBS NUTS
21-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Yes, I genuinely did, and in the last 40 years I was able to afford a ST comfortably. That wasn't the case this year, but then again that's none of your business, and I'm perfectly well aware that there have been worse times for Hibs and worse performances. I have to travel from the other side of the country these days, petrol is extortionate just now, and I'm on a low wage, and as for people who think all I'm doing is attention-seeking they can get tae ****. There's plenty of people in my situation, it's far from unique, but I am not going to continually fork out to watch performances like the one last night and at Falkirk, and forking out a sizeable chunk of my wages to do so. I was raising what I thought was a perfectly legitimate question but I also said in the opening post that others might have a different view. If that's attention-seeking then I hold my hands up.

You’ve said it’s none of our business about your finances, which is true, so why are you asking the forum, if you should ask for a refund on your ST ,when only you know. your real financial situation.
Which apparently changed after last nights 1-1 draw.
Get your refund, why share the fact.

brianmc
21-07-2022, 06:14 PM
You’ve said it’s none of our business about your finances, which is true, so why are you asking the forum, if you should ask for a refund on your ST ,when only you know. your real financial situation.
Which apparently changed after last nights 1-1 draw.
Get your refund, why share the fact.

That's not what he asked though was it?

Why does it even bother you so much that you're still having a go at the OP?

He asked a question, it's been answered, the thread should end naturally there.

No need for the attention seeker chat and multiple pages of personal insults.

Allant1981
21-07-2022, 06:21 PM
That's not what he asked though was it?

Why does it even bother you so much that you're still having a go at the OP?

He asked a question, it's been answered, the thread should end naturally there.

No need for the attention seeker chat and multiple pages of personal insults.

100% was attention seeking, if it was genuinely about not being able to afford it why mention anything about not beating lower league teams.

Glory Lurker
21-07-2022, 06:26 PM
Is it too late to cancel a season?

21-07-2022, 06:39 PM
Is it too late to cancel a season?

I'm hoping Bobby Ewing's going to appear in the shower and it turns out that last season was a bad dream.

One Day
21-07-2022, 06:55 PM
If you decided to ask for a refund, that’s up to you, but why did you feel the need to tell everyone else about it, what did you gain by it.
Just take your refund and do something else.

Exactly, why not just email the ticket office and ask the question instead of announcing it on here, looking for attention.

Hibiza
21-07-2022, 07:23 PM

Well done ek , don't agree with you but , honest posts are the best.

Hibbyradge
21-07-2022, 08:25 PM
Poor post really.

They clearly felt that they could part with it because they had!

21-07-2022, 09:06 PM
So Ron said on the podcast we were 400 short of the target. We can probably update that to 401 (unless he was copied in on the 9.08am email and already counted it) and possibly about to be 402.

zitelli62
21-07-2022, 10:44 PM
In the words of that football maestro robbie neilson if you want free flowing and winning football go and watch man City.