PDA

View Full Version : Bold? Prediction

Tony Bobulinski
20-07-2022, 09:23 PM
This time next year we’ll be preparing for another Championship campaign, having gone down at the hands of Leanne Dempster’s Queen’s Park. Lee Johnson will be long gone, and hopefully a large swath of this ridiculously inadequate squad. Ron Gordon is out of his depth, and unfortunately we’re now closer to going back down than building off the back of any post cup gains. That’s it for me. Off to touch grass and enjoy the simple life. Me heart can nae longer handle the perpetual disappointment this regime subjects us to.

Steve20
20-07-2022, 09:25 PM
We won’t be going down. Hard to believe but there will be a few worse teams.

But we are definitely bottom six with this garbage group of players and recruitment team.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2022, 09:25 PM
After watching the standard of player nose dive since we sacked Ross, i cant argue with that.

Stubbsy90+2
20-07-2022, 09:26 PM
I’d still be surprised to see us go down. I’d be more surprised to see us anywhere near top 4 though.

Iain G
20-07-2022, 09:26 PM
We will be 5th this year

Mcbizz1998
20-07-2022, 09:27 PM
We will be 5th this year

Cool.

SChibs
20-07-2022, 09:27 PM
I'll give you a bold prediction.

Our signings waiting on permits will be decent and once Hanlon, Magennis and Nesbit come back we will actually turn into a decent attacking team and finish 3rd.

Mcbizz1998
20-07-2022, 09:28 PM
Yeah, can see us going down. We were saved last year by the points Ross collected earlier in the season. I see no change from Maloney, we will be right down there unless something drastic changes.

HendoDelivered
20-07-2022, 09:28 PM

Our signings waiting on permits will be decent and once Hanlon, Magennis and Nesbit come back we will actually turn into a decent attacking team and finish 3rd.

Yep, that is bold.

Jones28
20-07-2022, 09:29 PM

Very bold.

Pretty Boy
20-07-2022, 09:31 PM
Somewhere from 6th to 9th.

Nicho87
20-07-2022, 09:32 PM
That current squad will be no where near the top 6

Anyone saying different is in cuckoo land

Can’t beat, Falkirk or Morton

GreenCastle
20-07-2022, 09:32 PM
I wouldn’t want to be in a relegation battle with a group of inexperienced youngsters or loans.

LunasBoots
20-07-2022, 09:35 PM
Won't go down but on what I've seen we will be somewhere down in the bottom 6.

Hibby Bairn
20-07-2022, 09:36 PM
After watching the standard of player nose dive since we sacked Ross, i cant argue with that.

100%. A relegation squad imo.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2022, 09:36 PM

It started well before we bulleted him with the signings we made last summer.

We’re in trouble with this lot.

zero-seven
20-07-2022, 09:39 PM
relegation battle from first day of the season

young inexperienced squad with too many new faces screams a poor season ahead

LewysGot2
20-07-2022, 09:39 PM
Lack of experience and leadership might be the biggest issue.

Where are the players who can get into a battle with a gang like Morton or Falkirk? Or drag the rest of the team with them?

Alan Hansen might be right in this case. Winning things with youngsters and all that...

HairyMM
20-07-2022, 09:45 PM
relegation battle from first day of the season

young inexperienced squad with too many new faces screams a poor season ahead

Hibs are utterly woeful …..we have money in the bank and whilst Aberdeen and Hearts are investing in quality Hibs are playing Russian Roulette in the transfer market…..bottom six is a certainty unless the Board take a different stance ….sadly we have way too many players already so god help us until January

scuttle
20-07-2022, 09:46 PM

Absolutely no chance we will finish 3rd, it’s between us and the two saints for relegation

Smartie
20-07-2022, 09:46 PM
I have a hunch that Youan will be good. We bloody need him to be.

Relegation would not remotely surprise me. It’s like watching a horror film when you know the ending. There’s almost a game of “downward spiral bingo” going on.

Last season - we needed 4 or 5 big signings to come into the team and be our best players. We still need 4 or 5 big players to come in and be our best players. There was always more chance of us losing our better players than of us signing that 4 of 5. Boyle is gone, Doig is gone, Porto looks like he’s checking out. New manager having to find out that none of our strikers can play in the middle of a 3. Building for 2 or 3 years time whilst hanging young players out to dry in the right now.

It’s minging.

On an almost spiritual level, it feels hard getting behind a team that a millionaire has bought for his son to play with. F*** that.

zitelli62
20-07-2022, 09:47 PM
Christ it's a 6 pointer first game of the season.

GreenCastle
20-07-2022, 09:48 PM

Wish we would stop waiting for Magennis to be fit to suddenly be prime Pirlo.

Already out 1 out of 3 competition without all 3 available.

Jim44
20-07-2022, 09:52 PM

It started well before we bulleted him with the signings we made last summer.

We’re in trouble with this lot.

The poor/lack of signings at the last Jack Ross window was due to shambolic infrastructure in the club. Ross was unsupported and sold down the river by Gordon. That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. That was the beginning of the end.

jeffers
20-07-2022, 10:00 PM
Wish we would stop waiting for Magennis to be fit to suddenly be prime Pirlo.

Already out 1 out of 3 competition without all 3 available.

Like when Doidge was injured Magennis is becoming a better player the longer he’s out. Not disputing he had a decent start to last season, but he had a number of average games in his first season and his previous track record suggests he’ll miss a number of games when he invariably picks up another injury. Certainly not someone I would be pinning any hopes on.

Stuart93
20-07-2022, 10:04 PM
If we don’t make any good quality signings who’re ready to improve the first team, we’ll be looking for a new manager by January/February time.

It’ll be another manager thrown under the bus by Ron Gordon and BK.

hibeerealist
20-07-2022, 10:08 PM
The poor/lack of signings at the last Jack Ross window was due to shambolic infrastructure in the club. Ross was unsupported and sold down the river by Gordon. That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. That was the beginning of the end.

Ross played his part in our demise lets wait and see where he takes Dundee Utd, it wont be top 4.

bigwheel
20-07-2022, 10:09 PM
Ross played his part in our demise lets wait and see where he takes Dundee Utd, it wont be top 4.

JR is currently looking like Guardiola compared to what we’ve seen since….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
20-07-2022, 10:10 PM
It was Mathie that ****ed it. That’s why he was sacked. He over egged Josh Doigs value because of some ego trip about wanting to break the clubs transfer record and as such missed out on millions that could have helped Jack Ross bring in some decent signings. We ended up with Scott and that hapless Middlesbrough player.

Scott, who was requested by Jack Ross directly, and Woods, who came from Ben Kensell’s contact at Middlesbrough.

In my view Graeme Mathie was unfairly made the scapegoat for mistakes being made by the head of recruitment and his father. He was blamed for the McGrath paperwork fiasco too, but why did we not have a football administrator in place at the time? We’ve clearly seen the issue, as we’ve appointed Derek Black, but it was easier to lump the blame on Mathie at the time.

I think it’s a shame that we still see this narrative being spun by Hibs fans. Graeme brought a lot of good to Hibs, we shouldn’t forget that. He wasn’t perfect, but he was a hell of a lot more qualified and experienced than his de facto boss.

Jones28
20-07-2022, 10:10 PM

It’ll be top three if it’s anything like his last full season with us.

hibeerealist
20-07-2022, 10:14 PM
It was Mathie that ****ed it. That’s why he was sacked. He over egged Josh Doigs value because of some ego trip about wanting to break the clubs transfer record and as such missed out on millions that could have helped Jack Ross bring in some decent signings. We ended up with Scott and that hapless Middlesbrough player.

It would appear that Mathie was was not too far out with his valuation of Doig and there is certainly no guarantee Ross would have spent the fee received wisely!

Jones28
20-07-2022, 10:14 PM
Scott, who was requested by Jack Ross directly, and Woods, who came from Ben Kensell’s contact at Middlesbrough.

In my view Graeme Mathie was unfairly made the scapegoat for mistakes being made by the head of recruitment and his father. He was blamed for the McGrath paperwork fiasco too, but why did we not have a football administrator in place at the time? We’ve clearly seen the issue, as we’ve appointed Derek Black, but it was easier to lump the blame on Mathie at the time.

I think it’s a shame that we still see this narrative being spun by Hibs fans. Graeme brought a lot of good to Hibs, we shouldn’t forget that. He wasn’t perfect, but he was a hell of a lot more qualified and experienced than his de facto boss.

I didn’t know any of that - where did you see these points out of interest?

Would it be unfair to suggest Mathie got it wrong with doig too?

Jones28
20-07-2022, 10:15 PM
It would appear that Mathie was was not too far out with his valuation of Doig and there is certainly no guarantee Ross would have spent the fee received wisely!

Well he wanted £5m iirc.

We got £3m.

So he was a bit.

GreenCastle
20-07-2022, 10:18 PM
I wouldn’t want to be in a relegation battle with a group of inexperienced youngsters or loans.

Vault Boy
20-07-2022, 10:18 PM
I didn’t know any of that - where did you see these points out of interest?

Would it be unfair to suggest Mathie got it wrong with doig too?

I’m not sure which parts are publicly available mate, but I’m absolutely certain about those two transfers specifically. I think some properly ITK posters have/will back that info.

RE Doig, there’s room for debate there. Definitely see the argument that we might have been better off selling sooner, but it could be put forward that we got another year out of him and secured a great fee in the process, so maybe he was right.

I’d just hesitate to put so much blame on Mathie overall. Ian Gordon was in post well before Mathie was sacked, which suggests the transfer activity was far from being one man’s responsibility.

Hibees1973
20-07-2022, 10:19 PM

100%. The current guys in charge all too happy to incriminate Mathie. What success have we had in the transfer market since Mathie left.

Pagan Hibernia
20-07-2022, 10:20 PM
JR is currently looking like Guardiola compared to what we’ve seen since….

he didn’t have too many friends on this forum after the Livvy defeat last December. Place was practically unanimous that he had to go.

bigwheel
20-07-2022, 10:22 PM
he didn’t have too many friends on this forum after the Livvy defeat last December. Place was practically unanimous that he had to go.

Think that remained far from the truth….was still split ..anyway, whatever my views, he’s history now. Hope LJ emerges and we finish above him this season…

Smartie
20-07-2022, 10:22 PM

I agree re Mathie.

He was thrown under the bus.

Jones28
20-07-2022, 10:24 PM
I’m not sure which parts are publicly available mate, but I’m absolutely certain about those two transfers specifically. I think some properly ITK posters have/will back that info.

RE Doig, there’s room for debate there. Definitely see the argument that we might have been better off selling sooner, but it could be put forward that we got another year out of him and secured a great fee in the process, so maybe he was right.

I’d just hesitate to put so much blame on Mathie overall. Ian Gordon was in post well before Mathie was sacked, which suggests the transfer activity was far from being one man’s responsibility.

Fair enough, deleted my post - all of which was my own perception of things at the time.

Pagan Hibernia
20-07-2022, 10:27 PM
Yeah, can see us going down. We were saved last year by the points Ross collected earlier in the season. I see no change from Maloney, we will be right down there unless something drastic changes.

Ross got 19 points from 16 games last season. Maloney got 18 points from 16 games. There was a difference of 1 point. Yet it’s the points Ross got for us that saved us?

I do think now in hindsight he was sacked too soon. Should have had the cup final that he got us to, and the Jan transfer window to try and make up for the awful summer window of 2021. But after he lost at Livvy in December at the end of an awful run of league form (7 defeats out of 9) this place was certain his time was up.

I think a number of Hibs fans never forgave him for the hampden fiascos of the previous season

J-C
20-07-2022, 10:32 PM
I think we'll be mid table winning one week and getting humped the next, this squad look very very inconsistent.

Stuarty1875
20-07-2022, 10:55 PM
Think we’ll be in the mix for top 6.

Putting the midfield issues aside - which Johnston has to sort before the end of the window.

With the amount of new signings its was unlikely to click from day 1 and is going to take a bit of time for us to gel (though we should still be beating Falkirk and Morton). Add in the foreign players who will need to adapt to the Scottish game and the number of young players in the squad - we’re probably going to be quite inconsistent this season.

Sir David Gray
20-07-2022, 10:57 PM
I think we'll be around 8th or 9th again this season.

ekhibee
20-07-2022, 11:15 PM
Bottom half definitely, but I can't make up my mind as to whether we will definitely be relegation material TBH. We still have a **** midfield, and Magennis is achieving legendary status the longer he is unavailable, but who knows, the new forwards might provide something different, although if Miller is an example of what lies ahead we've still got a lot to work on.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-07-2022, 11:23 PM
Without 4 or 5 experienced players who can walk into the 1st team, we're gonna struggle next season. Look at the bench against Morton. 9 players and the most experienced was Josh Campbell. Some of these guys might be potentially good but they're not going to prosper in a struggling team. Too much pressure will be put on them like Melkerson last season, it'll no end well.

LaMotta
20-07-2022, 11:31 PM
We are absolutely relegation material based on our last three performances.

SlickShoes
20-07-2022, 11:34 PM
4th

B.H.F.C
20-07-2022, 11:40 PM
We are absolutely relegation material based on our last three performances.

We could wander right in to trouble this season. I’m not sure how much trouble, but it’s got to be a concern.

Over the last year or so we’ve always just been waiting on something. Waiting on a player being fit. Waiting on a transfer window. Waiting on work permits.

In amongst all the waiting we’ve had managers losing jobs, went on a diabolical run in the league, lost at Hampden to Hearts and now (more than likely) had an embarrassing cup exit.

We needed to have a really solid window this summer but I’m far from convinced the approach we’ve take means we’ll be seeing anything different. We’ll still be talking about getting Magennis back, then we’ll be talking about the January window and so on.

LaMotta
20-07-2022, 11:54 PM
We could wander right in to trouble this season. I’m not sure how much trouble, but it’s got to be a concern.

Over the last year or so we’ve always just been waiting on something. Waiting on a player being fit. Waiting on a transfer window. Waiting on work permits.

In amongst all the waiting we’ve had managers losing jobs, went on a diabolical run in the league, lost at Hampden to Hearts and now (more than likely) had an embarrassing cup exit.

We needed to have a really solid window this summer but I’m far from convinced the approach we’ve take means we’ll be seeing anything different. We’ll still be talking about getting Magennis back, then we’ll be talking about the January window and so on.

I've actually darkly thought we might be relegation material for a few weeks, but only brave enough to say it tonight.

Kenneh? Absolutely out his depth. Woeful so far.

Melkerson? Hopeless.

Newell? Waste of space when you are chasing a game.

Henderson - bright spark but has yet to prove he can do it at Premiership level.

Josh Campbell - still a key part of the squad which is terrifying.

I don't see how this squad comes good. Youann has to be good. And we need Nisbet back. Maybe.

Stuart93
20-07-2022, 11:56 PM
The reintroduction of “hibsing it”

SaulGoodman
21-07-2022, 12:00 AM

**** off with that pish

NAE NOOKIE
21-07-2022, 01:27 AM
What can you say really. It's surely too early, far too early, to be gunning for the manager. It's hard to be having a go at players many of whom are just in the door, even the likes of Melkersen who is still just a kid, an extremely expensive kid, but still a kid with little experience.

The only target that leaves is the people who own and run the club. Why the hell are we one friendly game away from the start of the league season and in this bloody mess. After the loss to Falkirk ( a game I didn't see ) I would have laughed at anybody saying they were worried about relegation this season. After watching us huff and puff against a team full of journeymen pros at home in a game we had to win and getting absolutely nowhere I am not so sure I would now.

We need a massive improvement bloody quick and I can't see how we can do that with the players we currently have to pick from ... not a single one of the new guys has been a standout in any of the games I've seen them in ( Youan might be the business, but it's still only a might be ) and the established players have failed to shine in two games against bang average teams ... lets not even talk about beating Clyde and Bonnyrigg, all that makes us is flat track bullies.

If Ron Gordon and whoever the hell it is that's advising him can't see at this late stage that we need at least .... at least .... two tried and tested quality players at this level in the door as quickly as possible then there really is no hope that I can see. Not another season of this ***** ...please !!!

Crunchie
21-07-2022, 07:26 AM
This time next year we’ll be preparing for another Championship campaign, having gone down at the hands of Leanne Dempster’s Queen’s Park. Lee Johnson will be long gone, and hopefully a large swath of this ridiculously inadequate squad. Ron Gordon is out of his depth, and unfortunately we’re now closer to going back down than building off the back of any post cup gains. That’s it for me. Off to touch grass and enjoy the simple life. Me heart can nae longer handle the perpetual disappointment this regime subjects us to.
I predict we'll be 3rd or 4th and we won't hear from you for a while.

Crunchie
21-07-2022, 07:27 AM
Somewhere from 6th to 9th.
I'll remind you of that prediction.

flash
21-07-2022, 07:29 AM

Delete your account.

Stubbsy90+2
21-07-2022, 07:34 AM
I've actually darkly thought we might be relegation material for a few weeks, but only brave enough to say it tonight.

Kenneh? Absolutely out his depth. Woeful so far.

Melkerson? Hopeless.

Newell? Waste of space when you are chasing a game.

Henderson - bright spark but has yet to prove he can do it at Premiership level.

Josh Campbell - still a key part of the squad which is terrifying.

I don't see how this squad comes good. Youann has to be good. And we need Nisbet back. Maybe.

:agree:

This squad without significant change simply doesn’t come good imo. It’s got nowhere near enough talent in it, it’s got painfully poor experienced players in it who are having to start every week and the new signings don’t really look good enough so far.

We need 2 or 3 nailed on starters, first name on the team sheet type guys to have any chance of doing anything this season.

degenerated
21-07-2022, 07:42 AM
The reintroduction of “hibsing it”Get that deleted

bigwheel
21-07-2022, 07:48 AM
Even though I’m not motivated by what I’m seeing, it’s way too early to draw conclusions on this season . Aberdeen were almost claiming to be potential league contenders this time last year, and then badly slumped . Let’s see where we are when the window shuts and all the signings are in play. It could end up being a good thing that our shortfalls are evident so early , when they have time to move a few out and bring some others in .

Smartie
21-07-2022, 07:57 AM
Even though I’m not motivated by what I’m seeing, it’s way too early to draw conclusions on this season . Aberdeen were almost claiming to be potential league contenders this time last year, and then badly slumped . Let’s see where we are when the window shuts and all the signings are in play. It could end up being a good thing that our shortfalls are evident so early , when they have time to move a few out and bring some others in .

It definitely doesn’t feel like a positive right now but I do think think there’s merit in the point that it’s good to see our shortfalls early, particularly before the transfer window closes.

For example - we shouldn’t be seeing the terrible trio in the centre of our midfield again. The centre halves without Porto looked lost. Cadden is never at LB in this side and we miss him terribly when he’s not at RB. We’ve had 4 games to get a good look at Doidge and he’s not cutting it any more.

These should be 4 pretty major take home messages going into the league games.

Tambo
21-07-2022, 07:59 AM
Think we had this topic at the latter stages of last season where we was closer to 11th place and the play off places than we would of liked.

Unless a few things will be addressed then can see another lower league finish.

Would love to be proved wrong but Johnson won't have much time with the fixtures he has to start off with.

Mikey_1875
21-07-2022, 08:01 AM
I predict we'll be 3rd or 4th and we won't hear from you for a while.

Not being smart here but what have you seen from this team so far to suggest we will be finishing third or fourth?

At the moment I just can’t see how it’s possible with the current squad.

Crunchie
21-07-2022, 09:28 AM
Not being smart here but what have you seen from this team so far to suggest we will be finishing third or fourth?

At the moment I just can’t see how it’s possible with the current squad.
You haven't seen the whole squad play though have you, let's for once put a little faith in a newly appointed manager. No one gains from all this negative tripe being posted all over here and elsewhere after a couple of bad performances.
Hibs have historically struggled against lower league opposition and especially teams like Falkirk and Morton, you'd think this was the first time we hadn't got out the group stages of the League Cup.

It's been said before that we've been on an unprecedented run in recent years in getting to semi's and finals. As a fan who grew up going to nearly every Hibs game from the mid 70's until recently, the present crop of Hibs fans have nothing to complain about believe me.

Stuart93
21-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Delete your account.

:greengrin

One Day Soon
21-07-2022, 09:40 AM
Very bold.

For the Magennis actually back fit and playing regularly and well claim alone it is bold.

snedzuk
21-07-2022, 10:17 AM
Opened this thread thinking it would say we are going to win the league Cup.

The_Exile
21-07-2022, 10:19 AM
I think we will have a good start to the league season with a reaction to going out the cup and then the wheels will likely come off, which is fairly standard for us really! We will be lower mid table, I'll go for an ambitious top of the bottom 6 come end of the season!

One Day Soon
21-07-2022, 10:33 AM

If I was an admin I'd be arguing for an automatic ban for that kind of post.

flash
21-07-2022, 10:42 AM
I genuinely don't have a clue where we will finish but if forced would predict somewhere between 4th and 6th.
Still got new players to bed in and good players to return from injury.
Throw in another couple of new boys, have to be first team ready and we might do a fair bit better than it looks right now.

Stuart93
21-07-2022, 10:48 AM
If I was an admin I'd be arguing for an automatic ban for that kind of post.

Would you? That’s nice

Thankfully the admins are obviously able to see it was tongue-in-cheek.

Take the hot poker out yer arse.

Brightside
21-07-2022, 10:50 AM
I'm predicting that posters will return from the abyss to post multiple woe is me tales before disappearing again when we win a few games. (This may be a while) :greengrin

Diclonius
21-07-2022, 10:57 AM
Boring.

Mikey_1875
21-07-2022, 11:00 AM
You haven't seen the whole squad play though have you, let's for once put a little faith in a newly appointed manager. No one gains from all this negative tripe being posted all over here and elsewhere after a couple of bad performances.
Hibs have historically struggled against lower league opposition and especially teams like Falkirk and Morton, you'd think this was the first time we hadn't got out the group stages of the League Cup.

It's been said before that we've been on an unprecedented run in recent years in getting to semi's and finals. As a fan who grew up going to nearly every Hibs game from the mid 70's until recently, the present crop of Hibs fans have nothing to complain about believe me.

I haven’t but if the new left back and striker can solve the glaring issues in the centre of the park then fair play to them.

I think it’s unfair to say the Hibs fans don’t have anything to complain about either. It’s about much more than being dumped out the league cup, most aren’t so naive to realise that we will come a cropper now and again in cup competitions. I’m more annoyed about following the same patterns in recruitment and player selection that have hampered us in the last two windows and cost two managers their job.

I’ll always have faith in the new managers but the players need to be there for them to succeed. After the last few games and the season before I don’t think they are.

Crunchie
21-07-2022, 11:17 AM
I haven’t but if the new left back and striker can solve the glaring issues in the centre of the park then fair play to them.

I think it’s unfair to say the Hibs fans don’t have anything to complain about either. It’s about much more than being dumped out the league cup, most aren’t so naive to realise that we will come a cropper now and again in cup competitions. I’m more annoyed about following the same patterns in recruitment and player selection that have hampered us in the last two windows and cost two managers their job.

I’ll always have faith in the new managers but the players need to be there for them to succeed. After the last few games and the season before I don’t think they are.

Fair enough mate GGTTH

Carheenlea
21-07-2022, 11:26 AM
What’s the record for most managers in one season I wonder?

Can see Johnson being sacked in October, new manager then sacked in March and a third manager appointed to try and steer us to safety post split.

Potentially another first for the club.

shetlandhibee
21-07-2022, 01:28 PM

Disagree I think top 4 a real prospect with ross as boss

overdrive
21-07-2022, 01:31 PM
I can see us finishing on minus points after points deductions for various administrative irregularities :wink:

john rossi
21-07-2022, 11:08 PM
Hard to disagree with your statement we are on a downward spiral that’s for sure losing to Falkirk and Morton surely must raise alarm bells of how bad our squad is. Bottom six and fighting relegation is starting to look a likely prospect, we have no recognised striker who will get 20 goals a season. untried 20 yr olds like Youhan,Bojang forget it as for Doidge give me a break seen cream turn quicker. The owner needs to spend on proven players with the cash from Doig, Boyle or face another unsuccessful season.

Turkish Green
21-07-2022, 11:15 PM
Need to ask this question after 5 league games have been played. At the moment I have too many negative thoughts about the team.

California-Hibs
22-07-2022, 04:40 AM
I can see us finishing 5th. However, I think Youan is going to be our player of the season and we're going to be loving him. There's my bold prediction.

Dalianwanda
22-07-2022, 05:08 AM
5th..Maybe 4th..That’s not off what we have seen it’s what i hope to see when players are all in and bedded.

worcesterhibby
22-07-2022, 09:58 AM
My Bold Prediction..we will all be singing Lee Johnstone's name as we stick 3 past Hearts for the second time in a season during the Christmas break in season 23/24. With Lewis hitting a low hard shot into the bottom corner for the 3rd and running down the touchline to be embraced by the manager. Johnstone is going to be around for a long time and it will take a bit of time for him to sort us out. The team will look very different by then with only four or five of the current main names in the team and our biggest issue will be a worried rangers and Celtic trying to poach our players.

Give the man time, give the man some support and it will come good.

Smartie
22-07-2022, 10:02 AM
My prediction - 6th.

It’s easy to forget that whilst some teams are obviously improving, the standard in the premier league isn’t great.

I don’t think we’ll have a brilliant first half to the season, in fact I think it will be quite poor. New players will bed in though, and problem players will be found out.

We’ll make a few sticking plaster loans in January to see us up and into a respectable position and the second half of the season will be fairly enjoyable.

Dmas
22-07-2022, 10:05 AM
I think 4th to be bold 5th is more probable but I’d like to hope we’ll be closer than previously

Think aberdeen could still implode with Goodwin ruffling feathers, also unsure how that lot over the road will cope with Thursday Sunday games

Stubbsy90+2
22-07-2022, 10:06 AM
8th again.

A couple of actual quality additions and I’d revise that.