PDA

View Full Version : Work Permits

yerauldda
19-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Looks like Aberdeens new signings, Luis Duk and Miovski, may be involved tomorrow and at the weekend.

I know these things are done on a case by case basis but I wonder what the hold up is with Jair Tavares and Elie Youan?

18Craig75
19-07-2022, 10:50 AM
Aberdeen striker has played internationally for Cape Verde I believe.

Sioux
19-07-2022, 10:55 AM
Looks like Aberdeens new signings, Luis Duk and Miovski, may be involved tomorrow and at the weekend.

I know these things are done on a case by case basis but I wonder what the hold up is with Jair Tavares and Elie Youan?

Civil Servants, probably debating the merits between themselves, or applying the legislation to specific facts.

Are you suggesting it's the club's fault?

Diclonius
19-07-2022, 10:57 AM
It's extremely frustrating but not a lot the club can do about it.

CapitalGreen
19-07-2022, 11:00 AM

The home office are advising the average wait time is currently 6 weeks so those we have received have actually been quicker than average.

yerauldda
19-07-2022, 11:05 AM
Civil Servants, probably debating the merits between themselves, or applying the legislation to specific facts.

Are you suggesting it's the club's fault?

Not at all. I don’t for a second believe the club aren’t doing all they can to expedite the process, just curious as to why there’s just such a difference in speed of the application process for signings from pretty similar backgrounds.

flash
19-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Aberdeen striker has played internationally for Cape Verde I believe.

Their striker is a North Macedonian international but his hasn't come through fast.
It all seems very random.

hibbyfraelibby
19-07-2022, 11:31 AM

Pretti Evil Patel...

JimBHibees
19-07-2022, 11:56 AM
The home office are advising the average wait time is currently 6 weeks so those we have received have actually been quicker than average.

I thought there was a fast track for football clubs.

CapitalGreen
19-07-2022, 12:06 PM
I thought there was a fast track for football clubs.

There usually is but the Government have temporarily suspended both the priority and super priority options.

JimBHibees
19-07-2022, 03:37 PM
There usually is but the Government have temporarily suspended both the priority and super priority options.

Oh great.

BoomtownHibees
19-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Jair available tomorrow

LewysGot2
19-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Hibs just announced Tavares is cleared

green day
19-07-2022, 06:22 PM
https://twitter.com/p_mcpartlin/status/1549459060357038081?t=ZQY1VVmfR0odDF1EZ1W5kw&s=19

And sounds like the others close behind.

JohnM1875
19-07-2022, 06:23 PM
Jair available tomorrow

Yaaassssssss!!

Unseen work
19-07-2022, 06:25 PM
Brilliant news on Tavares, needs to start to get upto speed.

Tambo
19-07-2022, 07:01 PM
One down two to go.

yerauldda
19-07-2022, 07:06 PM
Great news. Can’t wait to see the new boys.

SteveHFC
19-07-2022, 07:15 PM
:hyper :hyper

Ozyhibby
19-07-2022, 08:42 PM
Not wanting to get into the permit chat, they’ll come when they come but I’m a bit curious how they can play development games and train without the permit? Sure it’s been asked already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
19-07-2022, 08:45 PM
Not wanting to get into the permit chat, they’ll come when they come but I’m a bit curious how they can play development games and train without the permit? Sure it’s been asked already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m the same.

Don’t get how the can play for the 23s but can’t play in competitive games or even the friendly against norwich without one?

Surely work permits relate to everything within their job.

chippy
19-07-2022, 09:32 PM
The guys are allowed to train so it’s just a bit if a stretch to say these closed door games are unofficial. Not a cup or league game and not played at an elite stadium with paying spectators . The Norwich game is an official friendly with paying spectators

cameronw-hfc
19-07-2022, 09:41 PM
Pretty sure you can register a trialist for friendlies without a work permit.

number9dream
20-07-2022, 09:11 AM
The Home Office being swamped with applications from Ukraine has a lot to do with the hold ups but it’s interesting to note no delays for Rangers and Celtic signings. Bernabei, not an Argentina international, agreed Celtic move 15 days after we signed Tavares and yet he’s already played a few games.

*there is a points system, which will favour bigger clubs (caps at youth level, quality of selling club etc.

CapitalGreen
20-07-2022, 09:23 AM
The Home Office being swamped with applications from Ukraine has a lot to do with the hold ups but it’s interesting to note no delays for Rangers and Celtic signings. Bernabei, not an Argentina international, agreed Celtic move 15 days after we signed Tavares and yet he’s already played a few games.

There’s a lot more factors than just international caps that go into calculating the number of points an applicant has. Alexandro Bernabei played 6 games in the Copa Sudamerica (South America Europa League equivalent) last year which is worth a lot of points.

He played 95% of Lanus’s minutes in the competition which is worth 10 of the 15 points required plus another 6 points because his team progressed through the group stage. So a total of 16 for that alone would entitle him to an easy pass.

number9dream
20-07-2022, 11:24 AM
There’s a lot more factors than just international caps that go into calculating the number of points an applicant has. Alexandro Bernabei played 6 games in the Copa Sudamerica (South America Europa League equivalent) last year which is worth a lot of points.

He played 95% of Lanus’s minutes in the competition which is worth 10 of the 15 points required plus another 6 points because his team progressed through the group stage. So a total of 16 for that alone would entitle him to an easy pass.

Nice one… Hopefully Cabraja has racked up some useful points from playing in the group stage of the Europa League last season.

Ringothedog
20-07-2022, 11:33 AM
The guys are allowed to train so it’s just a bit if a stretch to say these closed door games are unofficial. Not a cup or league game and not played at an elite stadium with paying spectators . The Norwich game is an official friendly with paying spectators

How did Hearts play their Aussie as a trialist against Crawley?

SaulGoodman
20-07-2022, 11:37 AM
How did Hearts play their Aussie as a trialist against Crawley?

Was at tynecastle so it wasn’t an elite stadium

overdrive
20-07-2022, 11:38 AM
Why are they allowed to train and play closed door matches without a permit? Are they not getting paid? I’m an accountant. Let’s say I was French and I get offered a job in the UK. Am I going to be allowed into the country, turn up to my employer’s office and take part in team meetings whilst I wait for my permit just so long as I don’t do any spreadsheet crunching in the meantime? Don’t think so.

Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t get it. Training, especially, is work to me.

Ringothedog
20-07-2022, 01:06 PM

Good point well made

flash
20-07-2022, 01:14 PM

This is the kind of petty childishness we don't see nearly enough of these days.

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2022, 01:16 PM
Why are they allowed to train and play closed door matches without a permit? Are they not getting paid? I’m an accountant. Let’s say I was French and I get offered a job in the UK. Am I going to be allowed into the country, turn up to my employer’s office and take part in team meetings whilst I wait for my permit just so long as I don’t do any spreadsheet crunching in the meantime? Don’t think so.

Maybe he was training in his spare time? :greengrin

chippy
20-07-2022, 01:43 PM

I don’t know about accountancy but football is a funny old game

chippy
20-07-2022, 01:45 PM
Come on .Net there must be an immigration lawyer on here surely

Stubbsy90+2
20-07-2022, 01:55 PM

:greengrin

matty_f
20-07-2022, 02:18 PM
This is the kind of petty childishness we don't see nearly enough of these days.

:agree: Up with this sort of thing.

worcesterhibby
20-07-2022, 02:54 PM
I’m an accountant.

fair play for admitting that in public, acceptance of your problems is 50% of overcoming them :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
20-07-2022, 03:18 PM

I would imagine they aren't being paid for the time when they are not allowed to 'work', but that the contract will include subsequent recompense.

JohnM1875
26-07-2022, 11:38 AM
Youan and Cabraja work permits approved now. Good stuff!

CmoantheHibs
26-07-2022, 11:39 AM
That’s great news. Cabrajas didn’t take too long.

GloryGlory
26-07-2022, 11:40 AM

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1551893982011064323

Tambo
26-07-2022, 11:42 AM

Great news! Good start to the week. Now to end it with 3 points Saturday.

Unseen work
26-07-2022, 11:45 AM
Would imagine both would get minutes tonight for the development team surely?

Since452
26-07-2022, 11:48 AM

Yaaas roll on Saturday

Garymcl
26-07-2022, 11:50 AM
That would be a bonus to see them tonight fingers crossed looking forward to game decent weather as well :thumbsup:

Diclonius
26-07-2022, 12:25 PM
Yesssssssssss

worcesterhibby
26-07-2022, 05:20 PM
great news I hope they both feature in the second half against St Johnstone, because we are 3-0 up at half time !! (Melks volley, Doidge Sclaff and Porteous header from corner)

ian cruise
26-07-2022, 05:22 PM

Not 100% sure but might be they make a concession for sports people while paperwork is going through. I'm sure the overall process differs from folk coming to the UK to work in banking, software dev, etc.

HoboHarry
27-07-2022, 01:31 AM

F**** sake, wouldn't pick a fight with that Cabraja chappie unless I was armed with a bazooka. Even then he looks like he would just eat it.

hibbydog
27-07-2022, 04:25 AM
F**** sake, wouldn't pick a fight with that Cabraja chappie unless I was armed with a bazooka. Even then he looks like he would just eat it.

If you shoot him you’ll just make him mad 😂