View Full Version : Team v Morton

Garymcl
18-07-2022, 01:54 PM
Couple of changes
Marshall
miller (needs game time )
rocky
porto
new guy from Croatia (sorry forgot his name )
cadden
hendo
kenneh
Newell
bojang
melkerson 442 formation should win this comfortably

JimBHibees
18-07-2022, 01:55 PM
Couple of changes
Marshall
miller (needs game time )
rocky
porto
new guy from Croatia (sorry forgot his name )
cadden
hendo
kenneh
Newell
bojang
melkerson 442 formation should win this comfortably

Don't think Carabaja will have his permit by then

Big_Franck
18-07-2022, 02:12 PM
Don't think Carabaja will have his permit by then

If we look at the work permit timescales of our other signings, we'll be lucky to have Cabraja available for the derby.

We need to go full strength against Morton and score as many as we can. It might be the difference between going through or not.

04Sauzee
18-07-2022, 02:23 PM
The 11 players with the most minutes so far are

Marshall
Stevenson (injury doubt?)
Bushuri
Porteous
Cadden
Newell
Kenneh
Campbell
Henderson
Melkerson
McGeady ( by a minute from Doidge)
After that it's JDH who's injured and down the list you are looking at
Miller who's had about 95 mins of game time
Mclleland on 90
Dabrowski 90
I'd expect Bojang to get more game time also.

Johnny_Leith
18-07-2022, 03:27 PM
If we look at the work permit timescales of our other signings, we'll be lucky to have Cabraja available for the derby.

We need to go full strength against Morton and score as many as we can. It might be the difference between going through or not.

They've all came from different countries and been playing at different levels so you can't put a generic timescale for WP's, each is a unique application.

Hopefully they're available sooner rather than later but yes be very surprised to see Cabraja on Wednesday.

Allant1981
18-07-2022, 04:44 PM
Marshall
Miller
Rocky
Porteous
Stevenson
Kenneh
Henderson
Newell
Mcgeady
Doidge
Melkersen

flash
18-07-2022, 05:00 PM
Give young McIntyre a run at left back.

Not sure the manager needs to see anymore of Stevenson there.

California-Hibs
18-07-2022, 05:15 PM
Really want to see a team of (once permits are approved)...

Marshall
Cabraja
Hanlon
Porteous
Miller
Tavares
Kenneh
Newell
Mcgeady
Youan
Bojang

Smartie
18-07-2022, 05:16 PM
Give young McIntyre a run at left back.

Not sure the manager needs to see anymore of Stevenson there.

We need to win though so I wouldn’t be playing anything other than our best team here.

If he’s on the bench and we’ve won the game early enough he can get a decent chunk (or all) of the second half.

I’d be playing the same team as Sunday, would put Youan in for Doidge if he was available on time.

Tambo
18-07-2022, 05:21 PM
Said a week ago I think both keepers will play 2 games each and then 45 minutes vs Norwich.

Can also see Miller getting a start but for me it's a must win so best team we can.

Will Porteous be dropped?

flash
18-07-2022, 05:32 PM
We need to win though so I wouldn’t be playing anything other than our best team here.

If he’s on the bench and we’ve won the game early enough he can get a decent chunk (or all) of the second half.

I’d be playing the same team as Sunday, would put Youan in for Doidge if he was available on time.
I have seen both of them this season and he definitely won't weaken the team.

makaveli1875
18-07-2022, 05:49 PM
Marshall

Miller
Rocky
Portreous
Stevenson

Henderson
Campbell
Kenneh
McGeady

Melkerson
Bojang

CapitalGreen
18-07-2022, 06:10 PM
If the Dev team don’t have a fixture before Wed, I’d like to see Allan and Tait get some more minutes in the first team. From the little I’ve seen of both so far they look like they should probably be ahead of JC in the pecking order. Both look very comfortable with the ball at their feet.

yerauldda
18-07-2022, 07:42 PM
Marshall
Cadden Porteous McLelland Newell
Henderson Kenneh Tait
Melkerson Bojang McGeady

Tug Wilson
18-07-2022, 08:02 PM
Really want to see a team of (once permits are approved)...

Marshall
Cabraja
Hanlon
Porteous
Miller
Tavares
Kenneh
Newell
Mcgeady
Youan
Bojang

Interestingly this team leaves out Cadden, Henderson and Melkersen. All of whom I think have been excellent in the games so far.

Souter96Mac
18-07-2022, 08:20 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if LJ continues with his strongest available team, especially since we have the Norwich friendly where we can give others more minutes.

Still, I think we should have more than enough for Morton, I'd like to see

Marshall
Miller Porto McLelland Lewy
Kenneh Newell
Hauge Henderson McGeady
Melkerson

Obviously, if Youan, Tavares and/or Chaby are available, then grand, give them a go, but no updates yet on whether they are.

Smartie
18-07-2022, 08:52 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if LJ continues with his strongest available team, especially since we have the Norwich friendly where we can give others more minutes.

Still, I think we should have more than enough for Morton, I'd like to see

Marshall
Miller Porto McLelland Lewy
Kenneh Newell
Hauge Henderson McGeady
Melkerson

Obviously, if Youan, Tavares and/or Chaby are available, then grand, give them a go, but no updates yet on whether they are.

I thought that right side looked suspect against Falkirk.

I’m ok with the odd single experiment in an otherwise strong team but I think we need to be careful with a weak right or left, a wonky centre of defence of midfield or a funny front 3.

We’ve got a friendly coming up where there is room for experimentation. This game needs to be won and I don’t think we’re far enough ahead of decent Championship teams to be messing about too much (albeit I wouldn’t expect a strong Hibs side to struggle here).

Unseen work
18-07-2022, 09:06 PM
……..……………..Marshall……………..

Miller……Rocky…….Porteous…..Stevenson….

…………………Kenneh….Newell….

Cadden………..Henderson…..McGeady…..

……………………..Melkersen…….

Doidge probably suits this sort of game but don’t think he done a huge amount the last 2 and Melkersen has looked good when through the middle.

ancient hibee
18-07-2022, 09:52 PM
If the Dev team don’t have a fixture before Wed, I’d like to see Allan and Tait get some more minutes in the first team. From the little I’ve seen of both so far they look like they should probably be ahead of JC in the pecking order. Both look very comfortable with the ball at their feet.

Who is Allan?

CapitalGreen
18-07-2022, 09:55 PM
Who is Allan?

Belgian defender/midfielder with the impossible to spell surname.

Eyrie
18-07-2022, 09:56 PM
Who is Allan?

Delferriere?

Smartie
18-07-2022, 10:07 PM
Belgian defender/midfielder with the impossible to spell surname.

Been surprised he hasn’t featured more in the LC games.

Looked very good in the friendlies.

Zazu62
18-07-2022, 10:18 PM
Interestingly this team leaves out Cadden, Henderson and Melkersen. All of whom I think have been excellent in the games so far.

Melkersen didn’t do much on Sunday far from excellent

Forza Fred
19-07-2022, 02:38 AM
Melkersen didn’t do much on Sunday far from excellent

Yep, he needs to start chipping in with a few goals

California-Hibs
19-07-2022, 04:17 AM

Swap Newell for Henderson. Didn't mean to leave Henderson out, he's been brilliant so far pre season and cup games

St Pauli Hibee
19-07-2022, 08:18 AM
Marshall

Stevenson
Porto
Bushiri
Cadden

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

McGeady
Melkersen
Bojang

B.H.F.C
19-07-2022, 09:15 AM
Marshall

Stevenson
Porto
Bushiri
Cadden

Kenneh
Newell
Henderson

McGeady
Melkersen
Bojang

That would be my team as well.

number9dream
19-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Marshall

Miller
McClelland
Porteous
MacIntyre

Tait
Newell
Henderson

Melkersen
Doidge (Bojang at HT)
McGeady

flash
19-07-2022, 09:29 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Miller

Kenneh
Newall
Hendo

McGeady
Doidge
Melkerson.

Only change from Sunday is Miller for Stevenson.
Lewis has been very poor so far and Miller gives us dynamic full backs on both sides.

04Sauzee
19-07-2022, 10:08 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Miller

Kenneh
Newall
Hendo

McGeady
Doidge
Melkerson.

Only change from Sunday is Miller for Stevenson.
Lewis has been very poor so far and Miller gives us dynamic full backs on both sides.

Wonder how dynamic he is as a left back

flash
19-07-2022, 10:11 AM
Wonder how dynamic he is as a left back

Only one way to find out.

The Baldmans Comb
19-07-2022, 10:43 AM
This should be the easiest team to pick so far this season as it has to be whoever the manager and his coaching staff regard as their best team.

This is no time for giving players "game time" or trying out new tactics as it's a must win game and possibly by a 2 or 3 goal margin.

I expect the manager to treat Morton with a little bit more respect than he did Falkirk and leave the changes for the kickabout against Norwich Reserves.

Allant1981
19-07-2022, 10:57 AM
Only one way to find out.

Nah, to much messing about previously playing players in positions they arent used to, doing that should be friendlies/b team games

JammyDoidger
19-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Mclelland
Miller

Kenneh

Henderson
Mcgeady

Bojang
Doidge
Melkersen

flash
19-07-2022, 11:29 AM
Nah, to much messing about previously playing players in positions they arent used to, doing that should be friendlies/b team games

I disagree because i think my change would improve the team.

Allant1981
19-07-2022, 12:45 PM
I disagree because i think my change would improve the team.

Based on what though? Has he ever played LB? If it didnt work out then LJ would be getting slaughtered for playing players out of position. He is still finding his feet at RB for us never mind LB

Brightside
19-07-2022, 12:48 PM
Based on what though? Has he ever played LB? If it didnt work out then LJ would be getting slaughtered for playing players out of position. He is still finding his feet at RB for us never mind LB

Did they not say when they signed him that he was comfortable on both side?

JimBHibees
19-07-2022, 12:52 PM

Assuming most half decent full backs could play either side some will be more comfortable than others of course.

JimBHibees
19-07-2022, 12:54 PM

Yes they did. Equally as comfortable on the left

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/australian-u23-international-lewis-miller-joins-hibs

J-C
19-07-2022, 12:57 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Stevenson

Kenneh
Newell

Melkersen
Henderson
McGeady

Bojang (but I think he'll go with Doidge)

Since452
19-07-2022, 01:16 PM
I remember a horrible home defeat to Morton under Lennon I'm sure it was. Obviously a few years ago now but just shows we can't take them lightly. Strongest team possible. Anyway, 6-0 Hibs.

Johnny_Leith
19-07-2022, 01:22 PM
I remember a horrible home defeat to Morton under Lennon I'm sure it was. Obviously a few years ago now but just shows we can't take them lightly. Strongest team possible. Anyway, 6-0 Hibs.

Under Stubbs I think, 0-3 at ER, oxley sold the first goal and they picked us off from there.

Lennon had a 4-0 and 0-0 against the ton at ER, the 0-0 famous for the Jim Duffy square go.

Allant1981
19-07-2022, 01:41 PM

Quite possible, he may well be confortable playing on the left but as you know things he would do on the right would come as natural on the left, especially if he doesnt play there often, going to cross for example may be slowed up as he may need to cut onto his right(no idea how good his left is) defending on the other side doesnt come as natural either. Personally id rather play players in their own positions but thats just me

Smartie
19-07-2022, 02:15 PM
I think Lewis Miller has looked pretty wobbly so far.

Not writing him off and not suggesting he won't possibly be a very good player for us in the long run but he looks very much like he's still finding his feet.

Sticking him in at LB for a game like this that we need to win is madness imo.

Smartie
19-07-2022, 02:17 PM
Under Stubbs I think, 0-3 at ER, oxley sold the first goal and they picked us off from there.

Lennon had a 4-0 and 0-0 against the ton at ER, the 0-0 famous for the Jim Duffy square go.

Funny to think that the 0-3 at home to Morton was basically our legendary cup winning team who we all (correctly) harp back to with great fondness.

Morton were actually brilliant that night. Good example of how to win an away game on the break.

MWHIBBIES
19-07-2022, 02:56 PM
Funny to think that the 0-3 at home to Morton was basically our legendary cup winning team who we all (correctly) harp back to with great fondness.

Morton were actually brilliant that night. Good example of how to win an away game on the break.

Helped massively by the ref not giving us a pen and sending their CB off at 1-0. Stokes pulled down with an open goal in-front of him.

Since452
19-07-2022, 03:05 PM

Yeah that's the one.

JimBHibees
19-07-2022, 03:34 PM

Not writing him off and not suggesting he won't possibly be a very good player for us in the long run but he looks very much like he's still finding his feet.

Absolutely still finding his feet however we are playing a lower league game at home in what will likely be a low key match on a decent pitch don't see that as being anywhere near madness to play him. His athleticism is very impressive.

flash
19-07-2022, 03:35 PM

Madness pushing it a bit unless Morton have signed peak 1970 Jairzinho without anyone noticing.

Allant1981
19-07-2022, 04:01 PM
Madness pushing it a bit unless Morton have signed peak 1970 Jairzinho without anyone noticing.

Falkirk hadnt and he wasnt great there playing in his natural position

ElginHibbie
19-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Tavares available for tomorrow

J-C
19-07-2022, 07:49 PM
Tavares available for tomorrow

A good option off the bench, can't see him starting but like Bojang, it'll be good to give him minutes in the game.

ElginHibbie
19-07-2022, 08:10 PM
A good option off the bench, can't see him starting but like Bojang, it'll be good to give him minutes in the game.

For sure, hopefully we are a few up and can give him 20 or 30 minutes. I am not even sure Bojang will start, but good things seem to be coming together and think attacking wise we are gonna have some exciting options

WeeRussell
20-07-2022, 10:21 AM
Sorry I’ve missed a fair bit of chat - Bojang definitely available for tonight?

Would really like to see him even if it’s from the bench.

04Sauzee
20-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Sorry I’ve missed a fair bit of chat - Bojang definitely available for tonight?

Would really like to see him even if it’s from the bench.

He played at the weekend so unless he's picked up an injury then he will be.

RossScott1991
20-07-2022, 10:32 AM
Different note.

Is Demitri Mitchell still injured ? Wonder if the manager will fancy him. I thought he looked decent before he got injured

WeeRussell
20-07-2022, 11:46 AM
He played at the weekend so unless he's picked up an injury then he will be.

Was away over the weekend so haven’t yet seen him play at all 👍

Stuart93
20-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Could do with another convincing win tonight

Hopefully the boys are up for it

Unseen work
20-07-2022, 03:39 PM
Different note.

Is Demitri Mitchell still injured ? Wonder if the manager will fancy him. I thought he looked decent before he got injured

I’m the same, he seems to be the forgotten man.

Offers speed, directness and a goal threat as we saw from his couple of appearances.

Think he’ll work really well in a Johnson team in either of the two wide positions.

Since452
20-07-2022, 03:41 PM
I’m the same, he seems to be the forgotten man.

Offers speed, directness and a goal threat as we saw from his couple of appearances.

Think he’ll work really well in a Johnson team in either of the two wide positions.

Yeah I think he'd be LJ's type of player.

Onceinawhile
20-07-2022, 03:48 PM
Different note.

Still injured along with: Hanlon, Nisbet and KM.

Think Nisbet is due back November, but haven't seen a timescale for the other 3.

Stuart93
20-07-2022, 03:50 PM

Think Nisbet is due back November, but haven't seen a timescale for the other 3.

Hopefully magennis back fit very soon, sure LJ said he was back on grass but I’m not sure drug taking will assist with his recovery.

Unseen work
20-07-2022, 03:53 PM
Hopefully magennis back fit very soon, sure LJ said he was back on grass but I’m not sure drug taking will assist with his recovery.

What’s this all about?

A missed joke by me or a wild rumour?

Libby Hibby
20-07-2022, 03:53 PM
What’s this all about?

A missed joke by me or a wild rumour?

Back on grass

Unseen work
20-07-2022, 03:57 PM
Back on grass

😅whoosh!

I just assumed rumours had spread given folk were moaning about all of his holidays in Ibiza etc

Zazu62
20-07-2022, 04:08 PM

What’s his injury?

Stuart93
20-07-2022, 04:20 PM
😅whoosh!

I just assumed rumours had spread given folk were moaning about all of his holidays in Ibiza etc

Whoosh indeed.

In all seriousness, a fit magennis transforms our midfield

Onceinawhile
20-07-2022, 04:22 PM
What’s his injury?

No idea. Can't recall the club ever actually saying what it was.

scoopyboy
20-07-2022, 04:25 PM
What’s his injury?

I think both Magennis and Hanlon had cartlidges removed from their knees towards the end of last season.

Certainly was the case with Paul.

truehibernian
20-07-2022, 04:54 PM
I think both Magennis and Hanlon had cartlidges removed from their knees towards the end of last season.

Certainly was the case with Paul.

That's a sore one Scoopy, that takes a lot of time and management to get back to every day movement let alone back playing football. My old man had that done years ago and the recovery time can be a good while. They're in good hands though and Paul is certainly fit as a fiddle so hopefully back sooner given his conditioning. Hope we are in for an experienced centre back this window in that case.

scoopyboy
20-07-2022, 05:04 PM
That's a sore one Scoopy, that takes a lot of time and management to get back to every day movement let alone back playing football. My old man had that done years ago and the recovery time can be a good while. They're in good hands though and Paul is certainly fit as a fiddle so hopefully back sooner given his conditioning. Hope we are in for an experienced centre back this window in that case.

Paul played on with it for a while, was told it wouldn't get any worse.

For me they should have operated earlier, I'm guessing they waited until they were safe from relegation before the op took place.

Smartie
20-07-2022, 05:09 PM
I'd earmarked this as a tough game... but hadn't realised Morton lost to Clyde at the weekend. Seemingly they're not in the greatest of shape, I have a few mates who support Morton and they're not exactly keenly anticipating the new season. They'd improved as last season went on but haven't been happy with their summer transfer activity.

Hopefully we put a strong team out and approach the game the way we approached the Clyde game.

Tambo
20-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Henderson to run the show tonight and Bojang to score on his home Debut.

Since452
20-07-2022, 05:12 PM
Dougie Imrie Morton manager. Couldn't stand him as a player.

scoopyboy
20-07-2022, 05:14 PM
A wee snippet I heard is Chris Cadden is starting at left back, no idea if this is accurate or not.

If true then I think LJ isn't impressed with Lewis.

Scotty Leither
20-07-2022, 05:14 PM
Dougie Imrie Morton manager. Couldn't stand him as a player.

Same here. He'll probably be steering clear of Daz McGregor tonight though, I would imagine.

Smartie
20-07-2022, 05:17 PM
A wee snippet I heard is Chris Cadden is starting at left back, no idea if this is accurate or not.

Lewis was terrible against Falkirk but much better at the weekend.

He's played a big chunk of our games so far so maybe he's just due a rest?

Cadden at LB sounds like a terrible fit to me.

Stuart93
20-07-2022, 05:18 PM

If this is the case then could be interesting, not a massive fan of a right footer playing at LB and vice versa but would certainly give us a big more drive down the left than Lewis. Lewis is usually solid on the defending side though.

Bridge hibs
20-07-2022, 05:18 PM

If true then I think LJ isn't impressed with Lewis.I thought Stevenson picked up a knock on Sunday, or I could be just imagining it

McGruber
20-07-2022, 05:20 PM

No - means Lewis is injured. He was doubtful after picking up a knock v Bonnyrigg

McGruber
20-07-2022, 05:21 PM

They said Miller could play right or left when he signed. Strange then not to move Miller left and have Cadden right. Maybe Miller also has a knock

scoopyboy
20-07-2022, 05:22 PM
I thought Stevenson picked up a knock on Sunday, or I could be just imagining it

Didn't realise that.

Stubbsy90+2
20-07-2022, 05:22 PM

Yeah I don’t fancy Cadden at LB either.

scoopyboy
20-07-2022, 05:23 PM
No - means Lewis is injured. He was doubtful after picking up a knock v Bonnyrigg

Didn't realise that, not saying that Cadden is playing left back and I could well have that wrong.

Scotty Leither
20-07-2022, 05:24 PM
Really want to see a strong line=up tonight and the team cutting loose a wee bit. The last 20 minutes of the Bonnyrigg game had too much of a feeling of a training game for me.

Apparently Morton only had 12 players to choose from against Falkirk, which doesn't bode well for them, so I expect to see a few goals to boost the goal difference and give us the best chance of qualifying.

ElginHibbie
20-07-2022, 05:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYIAtTiWQAAcEv2?format=jpg&name=large

Bridge hibs
20-07-2022, 05:31 PM
Didn't realise that.Not doubting you mate, you could be correct about Cadden but I thought it was maybe due to Stevenson being hurt on Sunday

Unseen work
Good strong team.

Glad to give Miller more minute and Stevenson a rest.

Looking forward to seeing Bojang and Tavares off the bench.

Stubbsy90+2
Probably our strongest available team that.

LewysGot2
20-07-2022, 05:33 PM
I thought Stevenson picked up a knock on Sunday, or I could be just imagining it

No you didn't. He had ice on his ankle and limped off after the game. I said it on Johnny boys match report at the time

Jones28
20-07-2022, 05:34 PM
Basically a front 4 then, good to see. 4-0 Hibs.

Tambo
20-07-2022, 05:35 PM
Bit early team news very nice, team looks strong and good that the Midfield 3 stay the same so looking for good performances from these 3 again.

Mon the Hibs.

Jones28
20-07-2022, 05:37 PM
What times kick off?

Callum_62
20-07-2022, 05:37 PM
Strong team https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220720/f79f450798946699447b830b483290c6.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Mikey_1875
20-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Pretty much as expected for what’s available. Hopefully get the job done early so we can get more minutes into the new signings. Would like to see Tait given a chance too.

HH81
20-07-2022, 05:40 PM
Is JDH injured?

erin go bragh
20-07-2022, 05:40 PM
What times kick off?

LewysGot2
20-07-2022, 05:41 PM
Is JDH injured?

Yes- injured v Falkirk

HH81
20-07-2022, 05:42 PM
Yes- injured v Falkirk

Cheers. Thought he was a sub on Sunday. Mind playing tricks with me again.

Bad Habits
20-07-2022, 05:42 PM
​Marshall
Cadden Rocky Porteous Miller
Newell Kenneh
Melkersen Hendersen McGeady
Doidge

That's how I see it, good attacking side with intent! 6-1 Hibs

silverhibee
20-07-2022, 05:44 PM

Hasn’t been the best in the last few games, a great servant to the club and will be a decent back up if needed from the bench.

Tha Cabbage Kid
20-07-2022, 05:45 PM
......................Marshall
.........Rocky.....porto......Lewis....
Cadden....kennah...Newell....mcGeady
...Melkersen..Doidge..Henderson

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Smartie
20-07-2022, 05:46 PM
Will be interesting to see how the LB gets on, whoever it is.

Big night for Doidge, we could do with him getting a couple of goals.

Happy to see that midfield get another chance.

Bridge hibs
20-07-2022, 05:51 PM
No you didn't. He had ice on his ankle and limped off after the game. I said it on Johnny boys match report at the timeCheers mate, thats where I must have read it 👍

LewysGot2
20-07-2022, 05:59 PM
Cheers. Thought he was a sub on Sunday. Mind playing tricks with me again.

He was going for a scan apparently

Squealing pig
20-07-2022, 06:08 PM
Doidge gotta score tonight (a few hopefully)

offshorehibby
20-07-2022, 06:20 PM
I'm sure Cadden played or moved to LB a couple of times last season so he can play there. Might be sensible keeping Miller at RB, more time to bed in.
If things are going well then we can try young MacIntyre in the second half.

LewysGot2
20-07-2022, 09:21 PM
Based on tonight Cadden is definitely better deployed at RB and to be fair to Campbell he did fine coming on at the left.

He at least also gave a poop