PDA

View Full Version : Henderson

Bridge hibs
17-07-2022, 04:29 PM
Laddie is very clever, good quick feet and could be a big player for us this season, looking forward to seeing him as the season goes on

Since452
17-07-2022, 05:05 PM
I had almost written him off after last season. If he keeps it up I'll gladly eat my words. Looked a very classy player today.

MWHIBBIES
17-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Think he could get 15 goals this season. Very unlucky not to get 2 against Falkirk as well

HibeeMackenzie
17-07-2022, 05:21 PM
Going to win our player of the year

Stuart93
17-07-2022, 05:24 PM
Think he could get 15 goals this season. Very unlucky not to get 2 against Falkirk as well

15? I’m not sure if that tongue in cheek or not but that would be a crazy amount of goals for him.

Fingers crossed

LewysGot2
17-07-2022, 05:24 PM
Technically very gifted. I think the potential is there to be very good.

hibee_girl
17-07-2022, 05:27 PM
He looks a lot stronger than he did last season too.

overdrive
17-07-2022, 05:32 PM
I had almost written him off after last season. If he keeps it up I'll gladly eat my words. Looked a very classy player today.

I was the same and had him in the same bracket as Campbell, Newell and JDH. He looks much improved and bulked up a wee bit.

Mikey_1875
17-07-2022, 05:34 PM
Seems to drift in and out of games but when he does get on the ball he is showing good technical ability. On one hand it’s what we were missing last season, that bit of flair to open up a stuffy defence. On the other I can see him coming in for a bit of stick in games that are 100 miles an hour.

MWHIBBIES
17-07-2022, 05:50 PM
15? I’m not sure if that tongue in cheek or not but that would be a crazy amount of goals for him.

Fingers crossed

Think it's possible. Gets himself into great positions.

Pretty Boy
17-07-2022, 05:51 PM
Said months ago he was the pick of the January business.

He was lightweight and a bit off the pace last season but it was obvious there was bags of natural talent there. He needs a player like Kenneh in there with him but he'll be massive for us this season.

HibbyDave
17-07-2022, 05:53 PM
Yea but can he “deliver”?

Chip shop Joe
17-07-2022, 06:09 PM
Early days yet but in my opinion he is very much in the Scott Allan mould, plays with his head up and a great eye for a pass. Might not quite have Allan’s talent but has a better workrate. Think he will be a big player for us.

BILLYHIBS
17-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Definitely bulked up and not so easily swatted off the ball this term

His second goal was a peach excellent footwork for the first

Unseen work
17-07-2022, 06:16 PM
Said earlier in the week he will be a big player for us this season.

Last season he finished the season on one goal but could easily have been about 10 but for goalkeeper pulling off great save, brave blocks of maybe a loss of composure.

He’s shown in the friendlies and competitive games so far this year he can take the chances and score them.

1 against Hartlepool, could have been 2 against Falkirk and 2 today.

My only concern is his great start will make the club think we don’t need any other additions in that position which would be a mistake for me.

Some of the touches and passes he pulls out are stunning too

Heisenberg
17-07-2022, 06:26 PM
Didn’t particularly rate him from what I saw last season but he’s probably been our best player in the league cup games. Very impressed.

Tambo
17-07-2022, 06:28 PM
From the five games so far this season I would say he has been our best player.

A cracking second goal and also could of had more.

Logie
17-07-2022, 06:39 PM
Class today hoping he can really kick on from here bit confidence should help him going forward.. look forward to watching him this season

Stuarty1875
17-07-2022, 06:44 PM
Henderson was the only bright light towards the end of last season. He is going to be a key player for us this season.

Fantatic strike for his second goal today.

cameronw-hfc
17-07-2022, 07:12 PM
Said on another thread, but Hendo was always an incredibly talented player. Was much smaller and played out wide more often as a kid, but he's taken some growth spurt and moved into the middle.

Hes a player in the mould of Scott Allan, not quite as good, yet, and not exactly the same, Ewans quicker and probably more goal focused than Scotty, but the vision and eye for a pass, constantly trying to unlock a defence.

Hes always been considered the more talented between him and Liam, I grew up with all 3 of them and Ewan is by some distance the most gifted, it's just getting him physically there.

Spoke to him last week outside the Clyde game, he's definitely looking a hell of a lot bigger physically than last season.

Eyrie
17-07-2022, 07:22 PM
I'm another who was disappointed by him last season but he's played well in all three games, getting constantly involved, forward thinking and a goal threat.

Big_Franck
17-07-2022, 07:27 PM
Henderson's second was brilliant, although the defending was poor. He couldn't have hit it any better though. He does look to have very slightly beefed up over the summer, not by much as he's still slight but he doesn't look quite as easy to brush off the ball as he did last season. His through ball for Bojang late on was perfectly timed and weighted also. Hope he continues like this when the league campaign starts.

OstKurve Hibs
17-07-2022, 07:30 PM
Agreed, looks a different player under johnson,

wookie70
17-07-2022, 07:31 PM
I think for much of today's game he was poor but he had a really good spell in the first half and some very good moments in the second and a cracking goal. He is much improved from last season so that bodes well. He will be the new Scott Allan imo and will have play that wins us games but lots of games where he is fairly anonymous and where he isn't great when we don't have the ball. Still young though and he looks to be working harder this year than last

cameronw-hfc
17-07-2022, 07:42 PM
He's always been deceptively quick as well, looks to have kept that pace. Doesn't look it till you see him running side by side with someone and you realise he can shift a bit

Billy Whizz
17-07-2022, 07:51 PM
He's always been deceptively quick as well, looks to have kept that pace. Doesn't look it till you see him running side by side with someone and you realise he can shift a bit

It’s not a criticism, as I’ve no idea where his best position is, do you?

Still think he needs to bulk up a fair bit though

cameronw-hfc
17-07-2022, 08:11 PM
It’s not a criticism, as I’ve no idea where his best position is, do you?

Still think he needs to bulk up a fair bit though

Eh, not really. As a teen he was a winger/10, im not comparing ability, but remember the role Grealish had at Villa? I'd say that's his best role. Off the left hand side, but not playing as a winger, give him the freedom to come inside and create and think that would be his best role.

He's like a cross between a #8, wide man and #10

B.H.F.C
17-07-2022, 08:23 PM
Two goals today were quality, regardless of the opposition.

The Spaceman
17-07-2022, 08:33 PM
Always thought he was going to come good (really good) for us. Clearly has a very good footballing brain and just needs to keep developing physically (which he is).

LaMotta
17-07-2022, 08:46 PM
Henderson has brilliant technique and a good footballing brain, that's been obvious since he signed. Question marks remain though about his ability to deliver at Premiership level - he needs to prove that he can do what he did today regularly against Premiership teams before I'll be getting carried away with him. The signs are promising though.

yonder1875
17-07-2022, 09:37 PM
Starting to look like a real player. Really hope he kicks on this season.

Johnny_Leith
18-07-2022, 01:28 PM
I wasn't impressed by him last season, bar Hearts in the semi I thought he looked poor. He's started this season well, although I'll be that guy and point out the standard of opposition so far has been pretty low. Hoping he can kick on and develop some consistency throughout the season with a good G/A return.

loanheadhibby
18-07-2022, 06:19 PM
You have to be joking and I'm pretty sure you are.
Hoping he'll have a good season for us but 15 goals- no chance.

cameronw-hfc
18-07-2022, 06:25 PM

Not an outlandish claim at all. He had a better XG than Boyle did last season in their 6 months at us. If he takes those chances he'll get double figures quite easily

California-Hibs
18-07-2022, 06:28 PM
His 2nd yesterday was absolutely top notch! He's some player and I'm still delighted we got him. Can see him going from strength to strength this season.

MWHIBBIES
18-07-2022, 06:50 PM

Don't think it's unreasonable. 2 already, could've had 4 and we've barely started.

loanheadhibby
18-07-2022, 07:00 PM
His 2nd yesterday was absolutely top notch! He's some player and I'm still delighted we got him. Can see him going from strength to strength this season.

He’s still relatively young so hopefully he will come to the fore this season. He should be aiming for at least 10. very rarely does anyone in our midfield get 15 goals from midfield.

Will be interesting to see how he fits in to team when Magennis is fit.

Souter96Mac
18-07-2022, 07:06 PM
He’s still relatively young so hopefully he will come to the fore this season. He should be aiming for at least 10. very rarely does anyone in our midfield get 15 goals from midfield.

Will be interesting to see how he fits in to team when Magennis is fit.

Who was the last midfielder we had who scored 15 goals in a season?

loanheadhibby
18-07-2022, 07:12 PM

Great question. I was thinking Pat McGinlay but we Russell scored a few? Last time we were in championship we never had a free scoring midfielder.

Mick O'Rourke
18-07-2022, 07:13 PM
Hendo is going to be busy emulating his brothers feats at Hampden.
I was delighted Ewan signed for us.
His too few outings for Celtic? He did fine in games/highlights i saw.
Although he had healthy international competition there.

The pre season appears to have been good for him and his displays so far have been good also.
That goes for Joe too .
Not just on the goals on Saturday,but what a boost that could be if they two can be scoring their share in league games.

Hopefully this time next year Ewan can visit Liam and show him his SC medal!
Something is coming together at HTC
I also think Rocky will shine for us this term,
I guess we are all looking forward to the new boys coming in. Hopefully asap.
Exciting times at The Holy Ground.

]

superfurryhibby
18-07-2022, 07:24 PM

Going to hazard a guess and say Pat Stanton, 72-73 season.

Big season for Henderson. Still not sure where he's best deployed and whether he is good enough, but he shown enough in flashes to suggest he can step up. Very much hope so.

HibbyAndy
18-07-2022, 07:32 PM

Surely Pat Mcginlay must have been close a few times

Northernhibee
18-07-2022, 07:35 PM
Surely Pat Mcginlay must have been close a few times

Was thinking Stevie Mallan, he managed 13 in his first season with us looking it up.

HibbyAndy
18-07-2022, 07:39 PM
Was thinking Stevie Mallan, he managed 13 in his first season with us looking it up.

Decent return that :agree:

cameronw-hfc
18-07-2022, 07:45 PM

Tbf he seemed to score anytime he had a shot for the first 6 months at us.

Must have the best highlight reel of goals at hibs bar none? Sure they were literally all crackers

Edit- should say I mean the quality of his goals, not abundance. Can't remember him scoring a single tap in, all seemed to be from 25m +

scoopyboy
18-07-2022, 08:02 PM
Liam Craig scored a fair few one season but lost his way later on that season.

LaMotta
18-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Don't think it's unreasonable. 2 already, could've had 4 and we've barely started.

Mallan's goals against part time opposition didn't count according to you, so assume you'll be taking the same stance with Henderson when judging him, so he should really still be on zero :wink:

B.H.F.C
18-07-2022, 08:21 PM
Allan was in double figures, same for assists, when the 19/20 season was cut short. Henderson has to be aiming for something similar this season. He does that thing that a lot of midfielders don’t like doing these days, hits shots, so that gives him a chance.

cameronw-hfc
18-07-2022, 08:27 PM
Liam Craig scored a fair few one season but lost his way later on that season.

Butcher ruined him at Hibs. Was class for 6 months in a LM/10 role, Butcher made him a defensive midfielder and he looked lost there.

MWHIBBIES
18-07-2022, 10:21 PM
Mallan's goals against part time opposition didn't count according to you, so assume you'll be taking the same stance with Henderson when judging him, so he should really still be on zero :wink:

Assume you quoted the wrong person? I certainly never said those words.

worcesterhibby
19-07-2022, 08:27 AM

If he gets 6 against Morton he's over half way there ! :greengrin

Tambo
20-07-2022, 09:15 PM
Unlucky with the pen you had a very good game tonight always looking to be creative.

My favorite player this season so far.

Pretty Boy
20-07-2022, 09:18 PM
A bit of a shining light in the darkness so far this season.

Hope he gets a couple of new faces around him in the middle of the park to help him out.

yerauldda
20-07-2022, 09:38 PM
He’s very, very good. Breath of fresh air in amongst the garbage around him.

Hibs90
20-07-2022, 09:48 PM
Only one who can hold his head high so far. I actually feel sorry for him.

Big_Franck
20-07-2022, 09:51 PM
Our best player for me. The way he takes the ball in his stride and then hides the ball from an opponent while driving forward is impressive. His passing is good, he's got a good engine and a good eye for a pass. He's now starting to add goals to that and he isn't quite as easily brushed off the ball as he was last season. The only bright spark in the side at the moment for me.

B.H.F.C
20-07-2022, 09:53 PM
Shame that he missed his penalty but he was the only one that showed any kind of drive, urgency and creativity in the game.

Good start to the season for him personally. Needs help in the middle of the park.

The Harp Awakes
20-07-2022, 09:55 PM
Ewan is carrying the team just now.