PDA

View Full Version : Rudi 51

Unseen work
14-07-2022, 06:15 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1547536635503321088?s=21&t=JXStTCsqXJtrAUn3B-3dYg

Causing a bit of stick/laughing stock on Twitter because of this, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Hibs youngsters signed a professional deal, one in particular Rudi Molotnikov has been given the number 51.

Loads of hearts fans are loving Hibs having a player called Rudi with the number 51 for obvious reasons and a fair few Hibs fans annoyed/embarrassed.

Stupidity from the club? Club not thinking? Or you’re not bothered in the slightest?

Pedantic_Hibee
14-07-2022, 06:17 PM
I think Hibs know what they’re doing here and I’m on board with it.

Pagan Hibernia
14-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Bit of an own goal. Not a huge issue.

let hearts fans laugh. I’ll be laughing at them getting pumped every week in Europe*

*and yes, I’d rather we were in Europe instead, but I’ll take my pleasures where I can find them.

Stevie Reid
14-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Think it’s tongue in cheek and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2022, 06:21 PM

let hearts fans laugh. I’ll be laughing at them getting pumped every week in Europe*

*and yes, I’d rather we were in Europe instead, but I’ll take my pleasures where I can find them.

I'd take getting pumped every week in europe with guaranteed games until xmas. :agree:

Bridge hibs
14-07-2022, 06:21 PM
Its all about the bants

marinello59
14-07-2022, 06:23 PM
It’s pretty funny really. :greengrin

California-Hibs
14-07-2022, 06:27 PM
Does anyone really care about that rat anymore? Skacel, 5-1, Scottish Cup Songbook etc Began washing away when they bottled it being 2-0 with 10 to go at Tynie..... washed away even more when we pumped them at Easter Road.....then fully washed away when Sir David put his beautiful head on that ball to send all those annoying songs, bad memories, intolerable Hibs and Scottish Cup jokes... into the bin 😁😁😁

Hearts fans try their best to convince themselves otherwise, but I know like me, the majority of fans let go of 5-1 after 2016. Beating them on the way and the circumstances of them bottling it just put the cherry on it for me. (As a side note, any Jambo you come across, remind them which Edinburgh team is the latest to win both the League and Scottish Cup and watch the seeth. They hate that fact and I've had plenty fun pointing that out to them. '2012? Christ, I'm surprised you even remember that it was so long ago. Was that when the iPhone 4 was out? Geezo. Easier for me to remember being more recent winners......etc etc. The annoyance of now flipping the timeline thing on them is beautiful. You can get even more creative reminding them that it was 60 years ago when they last won the League Cup! And that half their support wasn't even alive to see it! Sound familiar? 😁😬😬🤬🤬🤣🤣🤣🤣) Give it a try and you'll see 👌

I think the club feel this way too, 5-1, Rudi etc they just aren't even thoughts anymore.

andrew70
14-07-2022, 06:29 PM
I don’t care. If he is named after him they’ll be gutted they never signed him because he’s a very decent player for his age.

Stubbsy90+2
14-07-2022, 06:30 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1547536635503321088?s=21&t=JXStTCsqXJtrAUn3B-3dYg

Causing a bit of stick/laughing stock on Twitter because of this, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Hibs youngsters signed a professional deal, one in particular Rudi Molotnikov has been given the number 51.

Loads of hearts fans are loving Hibs having a player called Rudi with the number 51 for obvious reasons and a fair few Hibs fans annoyed/embarrassed.

Stupidity from the club? Club not thinking? Or you’re not bothered in the slightest?

Can’t say I care tbh.

Is the laddie a hearts fan?

KianMulholland
14-07-2022, 06:32 PM
Can’t say I care tbh.

Is the laddie a hearts fan?

He seems raging about it on his Instagram comments, probably someone within the club doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2022, 06:32 PM
It’s pretty funny really. :greengrin

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ForcefulOldIsabellineshrike-size_restricted.gif

Brightside
14-07-2022, 06:35 PM
Hard to believe this had turned into a thread.

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2022, 06:36 PM

And that's marketing...... :greengrin

sleeping giant
14-07-2022, 06:38 PM

Agreed. WTF ?

HoboHarry
14-07-2022, 06:40 PM

If he ever scores for the first team against Hearts it will be a long way from being an own goal. Epic ****housery from Hibs lol.......

Pretty Boy
14-07-2022, 06:42 PM
Hibs knew exactly what they were doing imo and it's pretty funny.

We all say we are over 5-1, that being the case we may as well own it and have a bit of a laugh about it.

Centre Hawf
14-07-2022, 06:43 PM
Sick of everything being a thing. He’ll have been given a random number and those assigning it won’t have thought about it because they aren’t obsessed by patter like this.

Hibernia&Alba
14-07-2022, 06:45 PM
Good luck trying to sell Rudi 51 shirts.

Pagan Hibernia
14-07-2022, 06:53 PM
Does anyone really care about that rat anymore? Skacel, 5-1, Scottish Cup Songbook etc Began washing away when they bottled it being 2-0 with 10 to go at Tynie..... washed away even more when we pumped them at Easter Road.....then fully washed away when Sir David put his beautiful head on that ball to send all those annoying songs, bad memories, intolerable Hibs and Scottish Cup jokes... into the bin 😁😁😁

Hearts fans try their best to convince themselves otherwise, but I know like me, the majority of fans let go of 5-1 after 2016. Beating them on the way and the circumstances of them bottling it just put the cherry on it for me. (As a side note, any Jambo you come across, remind them which Edinburgh team is the latest to win both the League and Scottish Cup and watch the seeth. They hate that fact and I've had plenty fun pointing that out to them. '2012? Christ, I'm surprised you even remember that it was so long ago. Was that when the iPhone 4 was out? Geezo. Easier for me to remember being more recent winners......etc etc. The annoyance of now flipping the timeline thing on them is beautiful. You can get even more creative reminding them that it was 60 years ago when they last won the League Cup! And that half their support wasn't even alive to see it! Sound familiar? 😁😬😬🤬🤬🤣🤣🤣🤣) Give it a try and you'll see 👌

I think the club feel this way too, 5-1, Rudi etc they just aren't even thoughts anymore.

im far more annoyed by last season’s semi final than I am about a final from 10 years ago.

the years of 2012-16 were hideous of course when it came to the 5-1 but as you say, that sunny day in May washed all the pain away. Deep down jambos know this. It’s still a shocking game in our history of course and I wish it hadn’t happened but I tell you what, if I had the choice between what happened, and an alternative universe where the 5-1 cup final never happened but we are still waiting today for the Scottish cup after 120 years… I know which one I’d choose.

JammyDoidger
14-07-2022, 06:54 PM
Tbf hibs are a bit daft at times eh, that number shouldn't be allowed to be used at our club, especially not a guy called rudi, Deary me.

HoboHarry
14-07-2022, 06:58 PM
im far more annoyed by last season’s semi final than I am about a final from 10 years ago.

the years of 2012-16 were hideous of course when it came to the 5-1 but as you say, that sunny day in May washed all the pain away. Deep down jambos know this. It’s still a shocking game in our history of course and I wish it hadn’t happened but I tell you what, if I had the choice between what happened, and an alternative universe where the 5-1 cup final never happened but we are still waiting today for the Scottish cup after 120 years… I know which one I’d choose.
:agree:

Sir David Gray
14-07-2022, 06:58 PM
I can't get too excited by it to be honest but if it wasn't some deliberate attempt at trying to reclaim the joke then it is a bit of a blunder to unwittingly assign the 51 shirt to someone called Rudi.

Mcbizz1998
14-07-2022, 07:01 PM
Who cares?

Hermit Crab
14-07-2022, 07:04 PM
Tbf hibs are a bit daft at times eh, that number shouldn't be allowed to be used at our club, especially not a guy called rudi, Deary me.

What?? Its lighthearted fun ffs.

Unseen work

Not really, it’s all over Twitter being discussed by numerous sets of fans.

Pagan Hibernia

We all say we are over 5-1, that being the case we may as well own it and have a bit of a laugh about it.

how about the Rudi Skacel stand then in that case? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-07-2022, 07:07 PM
Not really, it’s all over Twitter being discussed by numerous sets of fans.

Clever marketing.

Carheenlea
14-07-2022, 07:07 PM
Anyone who still even has thoughts about “5-1” or immediately thinks of Skacel when they hear the name Rudi maybe needs to stick on Time for Heroes for a bit and realise how utterly irrelevant and lame the whole 5-1 stuff is.

Of course it was not a lot of fun at the time, but I was over the whole thing by the time the Champions League Final came on the TV that night in Robbies. Never seen any footage from game, can’t even remember what year it was and means absolutely nothing to me.

HoboHarry
14-07-2022, 07:15 PM
how about the Rudi Skacel stand then in that case? :greengrin
Think the Rudi Skacel Toilets has a better ring to it......

Mike Berry
14-07-2022, 07:18 PM
I think someone's done it for a laugh, and why not?

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Mrimbetween
14-07-2022, 07:18 PM
Hope young rudi rams it up them

MWHIBBIES
14-07-2022, 07:22 PM
Weirdo virgins they are

Pagan Hibernia
14-07-2022, 07:29 PM
Think the Rudi Skacel Toilets has a better ring to it......

somewhere for Craig Levein to feel at home

MrRobot
14-07-2022, 07:36 PM
really couldn’t care less, drama over nothing as usual

Victor
14-07-2022, 07:42 PM
Who is this “Rudi Skacel” you talk of? Some superstar from a bygone age? What is his relevance to Hibs?

Pretty Boy
14-07-2022, 07:43 PM
Who is this “Rudi Skacel” you talk of? Some superstar from a bygone age? What is his relevance to Hibs?

The best paid barman in the world.

Will pitch up and pull a few pints as long as you sort out his travel expenses and put him up in a 5 star hotel.

Victor
14-07-2022, 07:46 PM
The best paid barman in the world.

Will pitch up and pull a few pints as long as you sort out his travel expenses and put him up in a 5 star hotel.

I see. Better a barman than a Hearts fud. Thanks.

CentreLine
14-07-2022, 07:53 PM

🤣 says everything you need to know about one support being progressive and the other clutching at straws

Let’s try this: 5-1 51 15 1-5 6 even. Nope it doesn’t raise the slightest pang. If anyone has found some mad reason to have an issue with a player having 51 on their shirt they need to broaden their horizons a lot

Baader
14-07-2022, 08:02 PM
Couldn't care less

WeeRussell
14-07-2022, 08:12 PM

If we retired the number 51 because of that clown and a game over a decade ago.. THAT would be daft.

WeeRussell
14-07-2022, 08:14 PM

Pretty sure it actually says ‘Milotnikov’ anyway.

cameronw-hfc
14-07-2022, 08:24 PM
After 2016, I honestly couldn't give a single sh*t. Before we won the cup, aye, but I really couldn't care if they beat us 5-1 or 51-0 in that final, all of that went out the window in 2016.

CentreLine
14-07-2022, 08:30 PM
After 2016, I honestly couldn't give a single sh*t. Before we won the cup, aye, but I really couldn't care if they beat us 5-1 or 51-0 in that final, all of that went out the window in 2016.

Hmmmm, 51-0 might have hurt for more than a weekend though

greenlex
14-07-2022, 08:35 PM
If we retired the number 51 because of that clown and a game over a decade ago.. THAT would be daft.

This.

scoopyboy
14-07-2022, 08:39 PM

Yeah, we would have sold thousands more if was Rudi 52.

This will cost the club millions:rolleyes:

Pagan Hibernia
14-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Feel sorry for the lad tbh. It’s a big day for him and his family and instead of being able to look at those social media pictures and be proud he has to read a load of sh** from sneering hearts fans and humourless Hibs fans about a game that happened when he was just 6 years old.

MelbourneHibees
14-07-2022, 09:03 PM
Looking at the other numbers for the other 4 lads it's clearly just been Hibs using up the numbers in that range. Sign another 4 or 5 players on contracts and they'll be given the next numbers available. Purely a coincidence that this lad has been given 51. I bet whoever allocated it never even knew his first name.

SaulGoodman
14-07-2022, 09:16 PM
Feel sorry for the lad tbh. It’s a big day for him and his family and instead of being able to look at those social media pictures and be proud he has to read a load of sh** from sneering hearts fans and humourless Hibs fans about a game that happened when he was just 6 years old.

Wow I’m getting old

matty_f
14-07-2022, 11:00 PM

:agree:

Unseen work
14-07-2022, 11:21 PM
I’m not bothered by it but feel for the young lad who’s moment of signing his first professional contract has been overlooked because of it.

Huge moment for him and his family and hopefully we’ll see him in the first team in a couple of years

Libby Hibby
15-07-2022, 03:11 AM
I’m not bothered by it but feel for the young lad who’s moment of signing his first professional contract has been overlooked because of it.

Huge moment for him and his family and hopefully we’ll see him in the first team in a couple of years

I have a feeling young Rudi knew what the significance that number meant, perhaps he even requested it.

danhibees1875
15-07-2022, 07:11 AM
It's funny, for us and hearts fans.

bod
15-07-2022, 08:06 AM
hibs knew what they were doing,just hope they informed the laddie first

JimBHibees
15-07-2022, 08:14 AM
hibs knew what they were doing,just hope they informed the laddie first

Agree kind of put added pressure on the kid. Seems an odd thing to do but that is just me

Brooster
15-07-2022, 08:23 AM
It's funny, for us and hearts fans.

Am I missing something here? Why is it funny for us?

danhibees1875
15-07-2022, 08:39 AM
Am I missing something here? Why is it funny for us?

For the same reason that it's funny for them.

Lining up the 51 jersey with someone called Rudi is pretty funny, no?

.Sean.
15-07-2022, 08:46 AM
Is it just me that doesn’t get the ‘joke’ or it being funny then? And that’s nothing to do with ‘not being over’ 5-1 or any crap like that. I find it unnecessary and a bit of a Judas move on the player who going by his Instagram comments wasn’t consulted on it and isn’t exactly thrilled.

bigwheel
15-07-2022, 08:50 AM
Is it just me that doesn’t get the ‘joke’ or it being funny then? And that’s nothing to do with ‘not being over’ 5-1 or any crap like that. I find it unnecessary and a bit of a Judas move on the player who going by his Instagram comments wasn’t consulted on it and isn’t exactly thrilled.

Tbh. If this short number bothers anyone , then they must still have a hang up in some form . I’ve never had an issue with that game post that day - they deservedly thumped us - we were garbage that season - even dodgy referee decisions aside . The Livi final and the Ross County ones are far more depressing for me to think about .

Who cares what number a shirt is - hope the young fella does well..wish him all the best

Just_Jimmy
15-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Is it just me that doesn’t get the ‘joke’ or it being funny then? And that’s nothing to do with ‘not being over’ 5-1 or any crap like that. I find it unnecessary and a bit of a Judas move on the player who going by his Instagram comments wasn’t consulted on it and isn’t exactly thrilled.I agree. Whilst the 5-1 stuff from them doesn't bother me, and hasn't since a day or two after the game, I just think it's unnecessary to draw attention to the lad.

It's either deliberate by hibs in which case it's as above.
Or it's an oversight in which case it shows total unawareness.

The other option is the lad has picked it for obvious reasons and is lapping it up - I don't know him or his leanings so I can't say if this is the case

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

.Sean.
15-07-2022, 08:54 AM
Tbh. If this short number bothers anyone , then they must still have a hang up in some form . I’ve never had an issue with that game post that day - they deservedly thumped us - we were garbage that season - even dodgy referee decisions aside . The Livi final and the Ross County ones are far more depressing for me to think about .

Who cares what number a shirt is - hope the young fella does well..wish him all the bestIm telling you right now I genuinely couldn’t care less about the game, just fail to see how Hibs as a club referencing it (if it’s intentional) is in any way funny and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a complete oversight on Hibs part anyway. As if any a hearts fans no going to find it funny!

Patiently awaiting signing someone with the surname Malmo and giving him number 70 since we’re now run by comedians :faf:

Chorley Hibee
15-07-2022, 08:55 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get the 'joke'.

There was nothing funny about that day, and I can't think of another club making a joke about one of their most shameful performances.

Perhaps we can save the jokes for when we finally get a decent team on the park and start beating them again.

SlickShoes
15-07-2022, 08:57 AM
I cant see why it would be deliberate, when I looked at the post I saw 5 kids who got new contracts, I read their names and looked at their numbers and nothing registered, I just thought "good for those lads".

If the kid now wants to change his number, let him do that, he doesn't deserve to be hounded by idiotic Jambos and stupid Hibs fans that think this is deliberate.

Brightside
He's a great lad who will hopefully go on to have a decent football career. I personally couldn't give a toss what number is on his back but thats maybe because I'm almost 51 and it would seem odd to be so hung up on number that comes after 50!

He also wont be that number if/when he eventually plays for the first team.

SaulGoodman

There was nothing funny about that day, and I can't think of another club making a joke about one of their most shameful performances.

Perhaps we can save the jokes for when we finally get a decent team on the park and start beating them again.

It’s not a joke. I doubt it was even thought about at the time. Who even assigns squad numbers for the academy? There’ll be people there that dont even support Hibs.

One of the biggest days of this laddies life has been overshadowed by grown men more than double his age pissing their pants over a squad number, his (common) first name and a game that happened 10 years ago. Brutal.

Scouse Hibee
15-07-2022, 08:58 AM

Retire the number are you serious? Deary me.

SlickShoes
15-07-2022, 08:58 AM

Should we never use the numbers 15 and 51 because some jambos will pop up on twitter claiming its something to do with that result?

Chorley Hibee
15-07-2022, 09:03 AM
Should we never use the numbers 15 and 51 because some jambos will pop up on twitter claiming its something to do with that result?

That's not what I'm saying, it's more about the suggestion that Hibs are actively making a joke about it.

ClermistonGreen
15-07-2022, 09:04 AM
As long as no one mentions “ refugee “ then it’s absolutely fine !
:flag:

SlickShoes
15-07-2022, 09:07 AM
That's not what I'm saying, it's more about the suggestion that Hibs are actively making a joke about it.

I don't think Hibs are making a joke here, what would the joke be?

First names are basically irrelevant in football, I could understand if the kid was called skacel and we gave him the 51 number it would seem weird but if he ever plays it's going to say "Molotnikov" and 51 which is what is in the photo.

I have no idea how anyone, hibs or hearts fans, could look at a picture of "Molotnikov 51" and get their knickers in a twist over it.

Also, the kid is 16, just leave him alone. Adults on the internet making a thing out of this is utterly pathetic.

ClermistonGreen
15-07-2022, 09:08 AM
Now a Molotov 51 would be quite explosive ! :greengrin

Carheenlea
15-07-2022, 09:11 AM

First names are basically irrelevant in football, I could understand if the kid was called skacel and we gave him the 51 number it would seem weird but if he ever plays it's going to say "Molotnikov" and 51 which is what is in the photo.

I have no idea how anyone, hibs or hearts fans, could look at a picture of "Molotnikov 51" and get their knickers in a twist over it.

Also, the kid is 16, just leave him alone. Adults on the internet making a thing out of this is utterly pathetic.

100%

Chorley Hibee
15-07-2022, 09:16 AM

I don't know why you're telling me to leave the laddie alone?

I've said nothing about the boy, and nor would I. I suspect most, if not all Hibees, wish him nothing but the best.

As I said, my comment was based upon people suggesting the club are actively making a joke about it.

SlickShoes
15-07-2022, 10:28 AM
I don't know why you're telling me to leave the laddie alone?

I've said nothing about the boy, and nor would I. I suspect most, if not all Hibees, wish him nothing but the best.

As I said, my comment was based upon people suggesting the club are actively making a joke about it.

I was asking you what the joke is?

The rest is just me moaning about the people online that are making this a big thing.

bigwheel
15-07-2022, 10:45 AM
Im telling you right now I genuinely couldn’t care less about the game, just fail to see how Hibs as a club referencing it (if it’s intentional) is in any way funny and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a complete oversight on Hibs part anyway. As if any a hearts fans no going to find it funny!

Patiently awaiting signing someone with the surname Malmo and giving him number 70 since we’re now run by comedians :faf:

I don’t think the club have given it a second thought. Last season Mac Weir had the number - I’m sure there was no consideration - these things (outside the top team) are just done by allocation

buktapurple79
15-07-2022, 10:50 AM
The lad’s a Yam, wish anyone in a Hibernian shirt nothing but the best but surely the club could have avoided this trolling?

EdinMike
15-07-2022, 10:54 AM
I honestly wouldn’t have batted an eye if it wasn’t pointed out… 🤷

WhileTheChief..
15-07-2022, 11:23 AM

Use the number for anyone that isn't called Rudi?

It's barely an issue but it is another example of folk at the club just not getting it. Someone should have stepped in and highlighted it.

Instead, we've now got a young Hibs lad getting pelters before his careers even started.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-07-2022, 11:29 AM

It's barely an issue but it is another example of folk at the club just not getting it. Someone should have stepped in and highlighted it.

Instead, we've now got a young Hibs lad getting pelters before his careers even started.

This is where I am with it too.

Heisenberg
15-07-2022, 11:32 AM
The lad’s a Yam, wish anyone in a Hibernian shirt nothing but the best but surely the club could have avoided this trolling?

I don’t think he is.

Libby Hibby
15-07-2022, 11:33 AM

I tend to agree.

BegbieHSC
15-07-2022, 11:37 AM
Hahahahhaha, I think someone at the club has played a prank on him. Nothing to get annoyed about. It was over ten years ago - we’re over it, so why not own it.

BegbieHSC
15-07-2022, 11:44 AM

Nah, he’s not.

I honestly don’t reckon kids pick their numbers at that stage, and he probably only found out when he had the shirt presented to him. Someone’s playing a prank on him. Nothing to be dramatically annoyed about.

And tbf, when development players get promoted, very few bat an eyelid and forget about them. We’ll remember this crop however, no doubt.

Libby Hibby
15-07-2022, 11:45 AM
Hahahahhaha, I think someone at the club has played a prank on him. Nothing to get annoyed about. It was over ten years ago - we’re over it, so why not own it.

Interested to know what the prank is. Genuinely have no issues with it but I fail to see the joke.

Brightside
15-07-2022, 11:49 AM
Interested to know what the prank is. Genuinely have no issues with it but I fail to see the joke.

Hang on ... you have no issue with it but you dont want the club to use the number with any kid called Rudi. I can't be alone in thinking many many Hibs fans have lost the plot with this stuff. Its a number! We had the same thing with OUR OWN fans going on about a PEN!!

Dmas
15-07-2022, 11:52 AM
I hope he keeps it his whole career, he makes it and sticks it up em whilst wearing it.

Means nothing to me now but it will crush them to lose the last park of the comfort blanket

Libby Hibby
15-07-2022, 11:58 AM
Hang on ... you have no issue with it but you dont want the club to use the number with any kid called Rudi. I can't be alone in thinking many many Hibs fans have lost the plot with this stuff. Its a number! We had the same thing with OUR OWN fans going on about a PEN!!

Hang on…I’m just asking what the joke is. Calm doon fella.

Diclonius
15-07-2022, 12:00 PM
Well if it was deliberate then whoever's responsible has done their job. Well done guys, another 3+ pager on hibs.net about that ****ing game.

SlickShoes
15-07-2022, 12:12 PM

I’ve been a hibs supporter my entire life and would not have noticed this, so I think it’s harsh to use it as another stick to beat the club with because someone who assigns shirt numbers didn’t know we lost 5-1 once and that a child’s name is being brought up as an issue

HoboHarry
15-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Are humour by-passes provided free by the NHS? More than a few on here seem to have had the procedure done.....

MWHIBBIES
15-07-2022, 12:33 PM

Aye, that whole one season without a decent team on the park.

Since452
15-07-2022, 12:34 PM
10 years seems like a lifetime ago with everything that's happened since to both clubs and in "real life". Wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the number. I don't see it as an oversight by someone at the club, i see it as people at the club think it's as insignificat as i do.

allezsauzee
15-07-2022, 12:36 PM
Sadly every Hibby that gets upset about this plays into the hands of every yam that thinks they are the big team lording it over us. It was a terrible day but it's in the distance past and not as bad are being humiliated 7-0 on your own patch, so I think people need to get over it. Since the moment Sir David scored the winning goal in the 2016 final, I've barely given the previous final defeats any thought and I'd suggest that any Hibby will live a happier life if they stop thinking about Rudi Skacel.

WeAreHibs
15-07-2022, 12:38 PM

100%

Pagan Hibernia
15-07-2022, 01:34 PM
10 years seems like a lifetime ago with everything that's happened since to both clubs and in "real life". Wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the number. I don't see it as an oversight by someone at the club, i see it as people at the club think it's as insignificat as i do.

two relegations for them, one for us, oh and we won the Scottish Cup. 2012 may as well be 1902 in its relevance to today.

California-Hibs
15-07-2022, 01:43 PM
two relegations for them, one for us, oh and we won the Scottish Cup. 2012 may as well be 1902 in its relevance to today.

Exactly. The things they conveniently forget. 2 relegations in just 10 years for a bunch that claim to be a big team? Jesus wept..

Itsnoteasy
15-07-2022, 03:03 PM
Sadly every Hibby that gets upset about this plays into the hands of every yam that thinks they are the big team lording it over us. It was a terrible day but it's in the distance past and not as bad are being humiliated 7-0 on your own patch, so I think people need to get over it. Since the moment Sir David scored the winning goal in the 2016 final, I've barely given the previous final defeats any thought and I'd suggest that any Hibby will live a happier life if they stop thinking about Rudi Skacel.

What did we win pumping them 0-7 that day?
I would take them pumping us 7-0 at home if we were to beat them in a SC final.

Since90+2
15-07-2022, 03:09 PM
Some people, on both sides of the divide, take things wayy too seriously.

mcohibs
15-07-2022, 03:14 PM

Wrong.

Pagan Hibernia
15-07-2022, 04:18 PM

A piece of eternal history. To be loved and cherished for all time.

they have yet to beat it, and they never will. A 0-7 thumping on their own patch. I still struggle to believe it

matty_f
15-07-2022, 04:26 PM
I really hope it was just an oversight because nobody at the club should be given a single flying **** about Hearts or their fans when making basic day to day decisions.

Itsnoteasy
15-07-2022, 04:31 PM
A piece of eternal history. To be loved and cherished for all time.

they have yet to beat it, and they never will. A 0-7 thumping on their own patch. I still struggle to believe it

And your opinion on the 2nd paragraph?

Pagan Hibernia
15-07-2022, 04:38 PM
And your opinion on the 2nd paragraph?

some day we’ll beat the in a SC final. Maybe not 5-1 but we’ll beat them. They won’t beat us 7-0 at ER

Libby Hibby
15-07-2022, 05:41 PM

Would you, aye?

jacomo
15-07-2022, 05:50 PM

Whatever else, it’s definitely not been overlooked.

danhibees1875
15-07-2022, 06:52 PM
Would you, aye?

Would you not?

Libby Hibby
15-07-2022, 07:12 PM
Would you not?

What? Allow our rivals to better one our best historical results in exchange to beat them in a semi final, it’s a no from me.

Brooster
15-07-2022, 08:18 PM
Are humour by-passes provided free by the NHS? More than a few on here seem to have had the procedure done.....

OK I'll ask again....what is funny about this from a Hibs point of view?

bigwheel
15-07-2022, 08:31 PM

It’s funny to me that people get worked up about it

danhibees1875
15-07-2022, 08:35 PM
What? Allow our rivals to better one our best historical results in exchange to beat them in a semi final, it’s a no from me.

Match our 7 not better it, and the offer was a win in a final not a semi final.

WeeRussell
15-07-2022, 08:38 PM
It’s funny to me that people get worked up about it

I get that bit. But, as someone who isn’t bothered by 5-1 jibes in the slightest, even with my strange sense of humour - I’m also struggling to see why Hibs would do this as some sort of gag, or indeed to get what the joke would be from a hibs point of view.

Brightside
15-07-2022, 08:38 PM
Admin please delete

WeeRussell
15-07-2022, 08:57 PM
Admin please delete

Come on. Surely it can’t be a thing to reply several times to a thread AND play the cool guy card of telling admins to delete it?!

bigwheel
15-07-2022, 09:02 PM
I get that bit. But, as someone who isn’t bothered by 5-1 jibes in the slightest, even with my strange sense of humour - I’m also struggling to see why Hibs would do this as some sort of gag, or indeed to get what the joke would be from a hibs point of view.

There is no deliberate gag..down the pecking order people don’t influence their shirt numbers ..it’s been dished out by some admin person - no one thought anything about it ..it’s funny because some people are making it a funny ..

HoboHarry
15-07-2022, 09:04 PM
It's funny - it's disarmed one of the important weapons that the Hearts dafties hold dearest to them. My moniker did exactly the same thing all those years ago on the old Scotsman message boards. They used to call us spoon burners and Hobo's so I renamed myself HoboHarry and they stopped calling us Hobo's - didn't know how to deal with it.

WeeRussell
15-07-2022, 09:05 PM
There is no deliberate gag..down the pecking order people don’t influence their shirt numbers ..it’s been dished out by some admin person - no one thought anything about it ..it’s funny because some people are making it a funny ..

That’s exactly what I assumed 👍

Itsnoteasy
15-07-2022, 11:29 PM
Would you, aye?

Obviously as that is what I said 🙄

Itsnoteasy
15-07-2022, 11:31 PM

Look b4 you leap.
No one mentions a semi.

Libby Hibby
15-07-2022, 11:57 PM
Look b4 you leap.
No one mentions a semi.

Ok, I got it wrong however I still wouldn’t swap a SC final win over them in exchange for them beating us 7 nil at ER.

Frazerbob
16-07-2022, 12:06 AM
3 pages lol