This site has been mental for the last couple years with toxic
Comments so that's it for me

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
13-07-2022, 10:30 PM

I wouldn't leave its comedy gold on here.

SMAXXA
13-07-2022, 10:40 PM

Don’t blame you I am not on anywhere near as much as I used to be, depressed me 😂

SaulGoodman
13-07-2022, 11:01 PM
Hasta Mañana

The Harp Awakes
13-07-2022, 11:01 PM

The thing to remember mate is that many of the folk having a go at the club, the players and Manager on here and on social media, are the same folk who will be cheering on the team at the games.

Bar the usual infiltrators, most folk on here want the best for Hibs.

I actually find this message board a good mix of folk who think everything is rosy in the garden and those who are doom and gloom merchants.

I find myself somewhere in the middle.

Nicho87
13-07-2022, 11:03 PM
Criticism of dramatic posts

Result

Dramatic exit

10/10

ddoc
13-07-2022, 11:18 PM

Result

Dramatic exit

10/10

He will not have read this, he's gone.

ErinGoBraghHFC
13-07-2022, 11:24 PM

Cool.

Catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
14-07-2022, 12:17 AM
So why the hissy fit? Just go, no need to make a song & dance about it.

Wilson
14-07-2022, 12:56 AM
Bye bye.

cabbageandribs1875
14-07-2022, 02:09 AM
maybe just needs a group man hug

Stubbsy90+2
14-07-2022, 07:30 AM

Result

Dramatic exit

10/10

:greengrin

easty
14-07-2022, 07:39 AM
I can never understand why folk let a football message board upset them so much.

14-07-2022, 07:51 AM
So why the hissy fit? Just go, no need to make a song & dance about it.

Could say no need for hissy fits or making a song and dance about a defeat.

bigwheel
14-07-2022, 07:52 AM
I can never understand why folk let a football message board upset them so much.

That’s fair ..in a way though I can understand - if it’s not positive for the poster , they are better off out of it . This place has changed a lot over the last 5 plus years I’d say …much more toxic , combative at times..

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2022, 07:57 AM
253 posts in 5 years, hardly been a regular contributor, i'm sure this place will survive.

Last Minute
14-07-2022, 08:06 AM
Totally understand your feelings. the site has gone down hill big time with people getting verbally abused about any comment's they make and that includes the private board. everyone I speak to about anything hibs just say I bet you heard that from hibs.net ? shame it used to be a great site to discuss Hibs things but to many keyboard abusers now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-07-2022, 08:11 AM

Which post tipped you over???

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2022, 08:13 AM
Which post tipped you over???

You could be waiting a long time. :greengrin

Brooster
14-07-2022, 08:15 AM
It's the sane 6-10 folk posting constant krap on every post. This used to be a great forum but not now.

OldEast
14-07-2022, 08:32 AM
You could be waiting a long time. :greengrin

He'll be peeping in. Won't be able to help himself 😃

ddoc
14-07-2022, 08:34 AM
253 posts in 5 years, hardly been a regular contributor, i'm sure this place will survive.

I am sure it will. I rarely post because whatever I have to say has already been covered more eloquently by someone else, or I just cannot be bothered as a post is just so beyond my comprehension.
I suppose my point is that your post count is pretty immaterial.

Wilson
14-07-2022, 08:38 AM
I am sure it will. I rarely post because whatever I have to say has already been covered more eloquently by someone else, or I just cannot be bothered as a post is just so beyond my comprehension.

Fair play. Good point.

matty_f
14-07-2022, 08:39 AM
I think there are a few things to think about here. First, it’s never great that anyone feels the site is so unenjoyable that they no longer want to use it.

The team is probably the biggest driver in that, when there’s been little enjoyment from watching the reason we all use the site, then the tone and mood of the site reflects that.

All of us as posters and users of the site have a responsibility for the quality of it - the admin team do a fantastic job of monitoring the site but they are not - and never have been - responsible for the content or opinions expressed. They can’t delete posts because the opinion expressed is negative, and you wouldn’t believe how many folk that get called Yams or trolls by other users are genuine Hibs fans - they shouldn’t be banned because they’re not happy with things. The ones who do get banned are never banned for negativity, despite what they might claim, they’re usually banned because they’ve overstepped the mark and either been abusive, or they’ve spammed the forum with the same point over and over looking for an argument, etc.

There used to be more room for jokes and humour on here, now there are so many people that can’t take a joke or don’t understand when the intention behind s comment isn’t mean, that posts are reported and dealt with when really folk need to just put on their big boy/girl pants and get over themselves.

There’s also no room for perspective or keeping things in proportion anymore. It’s either brilliant or it’s the worst thing ever. Like Tuesday night’s game - it was awful but there are some positives there if you’re prepared to acknowledge them, and against Clyde it was cracking but there were some aspects of the performance that were poor, it’s alright to acknowledge that as well.

For me, the worst thing about the site at the moment (and I think it’s a cracking forum, generally) is the extremity and the relentlessness of the negativity, and i know folk will say this is rubbish but I don’t think I’ll ever be convinced that there aren’t folk who post that don’t absolutely relish the negativity and they take every and any opportunity to tell us how bad everything is. Folk who are nowhere to be seen when we win.

Ultimately if everyone wants a better forum then stop whining about everyone else and do something about it, consider your own posts and post more of the conversations you like. Choose the threads you want to engage with and ignore the ones you don’t.

The site is ours, it’s up to us to manage the quality, not the admins or someone else.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2022, 08:40 AM

You're lucky you weren't on here when Butcher got us relegated.

DaveF
14-07-2022, 09:17 AM
I think there are a few things to think about here. First, it’s never great that anyone feels the site is so unenjoyable that they no longer want to use it.

The team is probably the biggest driver in that, when there’s been little enjoyment from watching the reason we all use the site, then the tone and mood of the site reflects that.

All of us as posters and users of the site have a responsibility for the quality of it - the admin team do a fantastic job of monitoring the site but they are not - and never have been - responsible for the content or opinions expressed. They can’t delete posts because the opinion expressed is negative, and you wouldn’t believe how many folk that get called Yams or trolls by other users are genuine Hibs fans - they shouldn’t be banned because they’re not happy with things. The ones who do get banned are never banned for negativity, despite what they might claim, they’re usually banned because they’ve overstepped the mark and either been abusive, or they’ve spammed the forum with the same point over and over looking for an argument, etc.

There used to be more room for jokes and humour on here, now there are so many people that can’t take a joke or don’t understand when the intention behind s comment isn’t mean, that posts are reported and dealt with when really folk need to just put on their big boy/girl pants and get over themselves.

There’s also no room for perspective or keeping things in proportion anymore. It’s either brilliant or it’s the worst thing ever. Like Tuesday night’s game - it was awful but there are some positives there if you’re prepared to acknowledge them, and against Clyde it was cracking but there were some aspects of the performance that were poor, it’s alright to acknowledge that as well.

For me, the worst thing about the site at the moment (and I think it’s a cracking forum, generally) is the extremity and the relentlessness of the negativity, and i know folk will say this is rubbish but I don’t think I’ll ever be convinced that there aren’t folk who post that don’t absolutely relish the negativity and they take every and any opportunity to tell us how bad everything is. Folk who are nowhere to be seen when we win.

Ultimately if everyone wants a better forum then stop whining about everyone else and do something about it, consider your own posts and post more of the conversations you like. Choose the threads you want to engage with and ignore the ones you don’t.

The site is ours, it’s up to us to manage the quality, not the admins or someone else.

Good post Matty.

Those posters on this thread slating the site have a part to play in making it better but choose instead not to post other than to moan about the poor quality.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2022, 09:22 AM

It's a fair point, but if you dont contribute to the site, then having a strop and throwing your toys out is to me drama queenary at its best/funniest. :greengrin

easty
14-07-2022, 09:24 AM
Totally understand your feelings. the site has gone down hill big time with people getting verbally abused about any comment's they make and that includes the private board. everyone I speak to about anything hibs just say I bet you heard that from hibs.net ? shame it used to be a great site to discuss Hibs things but to many keyboard abusers now.

"Verbally abused" is so dramatic. I'd argue the opposite is true and people are far more touchy nowadays about comments that are in disagreement with their own views.

Nobody is abused, and if on the off-chance they are, the admins are generally on top of it.

Since452
14-07-2022, 09:26 AM
I've had to take a break a few times when i feel that i need it but always come back. Being triggered to the point of rage by an argument with a poster on a forum i'll never meet can get tiresome. Everyone has different opinions, just got to accept that. I've probably annoyed a fair few on here with my opinion. Would be boring if everyone agreed.

SaulGoodman
14-07-2022, 09:28 AM
When I first joined in 2010 (I think) Hibs were pretty pish and had been for years so it was almost accepted when we got beat, people were a lot more mellow about losing games because it was a regular thing.

Since then we’ve been in the championship and despite playing easier games we were used to winning every week (most of the time 😂) we also won the Scottish cup with the best midfield we’ve had for years, had a great season with Lennon in the premiership and finished 3rd with Ross.

We’ve also been bought over by an owner that has said a lot of things about where he wants us to be as a club.

That’s probably why it’s more reactive when we get beat now, people are quite rightly wanting us to be performing how we should be and battling it out at the right end of the table every season.

That’s not an excuse for some of the hyperbolic pish that’s posted on here sometimes but probably a reason why it’s changed over the years.

neil7908
14-07-2022, 09:37 AM
This place is fine. There are some posters I don't like, some I do. But it's easy to use the ignore function, or just stay off certain threads.

I also highly recommend becoming a PM. Some great chats on that board and having just renewed, it's probably the only thing I can think of that hasn't gone up in price!

easty
14-07-2022, 09:39 AM
This place is fine. There are some posters I don't like, some I do. But it's easy to use the ignore function, or just stay off certain threads.

I also highly recommend becoming a PM. Some great chats on that board and having just renewed, it's probably the only thing I can think of that hasn't gone up in price!

I dunno how widely used the Ignore function is, but I find it quite funny.

I'd never want to ignore the posters who post constant ****, I get a good laugh out of it.

The dalmeny
14-07-2022, 09:44 AM
Oddly the OP was on my ignore list

Bridge hibs
14-07-2022, 09:50 AM
This site has a lot of everything from panic merchants to complete ********s to anti club, pro club and folk with absolute bleak outlooks to folk who cant see anything wrong with the club

There are some good entertaining topics being discussed, some random stuff and some downright stupid stuff. Ive probably contributed to some of that too 😁

However if Im not interested in a thread I simply dont read it. The site has everything and more, dont change it, football is a funny old game, it changes, and so do opinions

Now I need to get onto the front page of that ****ing prediction league 🤬

Pretty Boy
14-07-2022, 09:53 AM
As an existing admin I'm wary of posting on a thread like this so I'll be clear I'm posting from a personal view point rather than as a representative of the site.

I think a couple of posters above have covered things quite well. People get the site they deserve, if you complain about the content but choose to withdraw rather than contribute yourself then you may not be the cause of a problem but you are actively choosing not to be part of the solution. I've said before that if the people who say 'I just don't even bother anymore' all started to debate with each other respectfully and drove the content of the site then it would very quickly improve the quality. Likewise the 'here we go again' and 'typical hibs.net' stuff or the people who preempt negativity by 2nd guessing what the reaction to a story or opinion will be before it happens often derail threads before they really get started. Or when people focus on one or two negative comments on a thread and willfully ignore that they are the exception rather than the consensus.

More widely I think there is an issue with people actively choosing to live in self created echo chambers. It's most notable on a platform like Twitter. People will list in their bios all the people or opinions they will block (it's particularly noticeable among people who have strong views one way or another on Scottish independence or Brexit but far from exclusive to those debates). They are then greeted with a social media platform full of people who agree with them creating in them a belief that their viewpoint is the most widely held and without any legitimate counter argument. When confronted with anything that doesn't fit with this self created world view it just confirms their belief that any other viewpoint is bias, corrupted or trolling.

Expanding on the above I often read opinions on here that I think are totally bonkers. They don't fit with how I see things and they don't fit with the views of people I attend games with or discuss football with in other environments. That's only my reality though. Of course outright untruths should be called out and I'll challenge opinions I disagree with but I accept they are often legitimate views even if they don't match my own. I've never enjoyed only talking or debating with people I agree with, I've never enjoyed only reading newspapers, blogs, opinion pieces, social media posts etc that I agree with. For me that's choosing to place limits on your own powers of critical analysis. If everything you hear or read only matches what you already think then it's seeking self affirmation rather than challenging yourself to defend your own view or even change it (:faf::faf: some chance of that happening).

I think Matty makes a valid point above about humour. Laugh things off. I'll challenge something I feel crosses a line but sometimes you just need to shrug stuff off or accept it in the manner it was intended. There's a huge difference between a wee bit sarcasm and something genuinely malicious. I'm aware there is a bit of hypocrisy there after what I said above about the 'here we go again' stuff but a one off throw away line and repeated attempts at humour that rarely have the desired outcome are 2 different things.

It's a site for talking about football. We are emotionally invested in 22 men booting a bit leather about for 90 minutes and for a lot of people that emotional investment is a huge part of our identity. How irrational is that? It would be a miracle if there was page after page of consensus when you consider that irrational and emotive nature of football. In the grand scheme of things it's not that important. If posting on or reading hibs.net is genuinely having a negative impact on your life then just stop, you wouldn't keep going back to a pub you loved 20 years ago if it changed to a point that you no longer enjoyed it. The world has changed from the days when people had to actively make an effort to get on their PC or laptop and post on here (I remember when our biggest summer signing would attract 3 pages of comment). With smartphones and the like everything is far more reactive now. There's no going back from that but there is still a mountain of interesting comments and worthwhile opinions to be had and I still believe it outnumbers the nonsense that I find easy (maybe too easy) to ignore.

14-07-2022, 09:58 AM

I'm sorry but there's no longer any room on this forum for sensible balanced posts like this. 😃

Hibbyradge
14-07-2022, 10:02 AM
As an existing admin I'm wary of posting on a thread like this so I'll be clear I'm posting from a personal view point rather than as a representative of the site.

I think a couple of posters above have covered things quite well. People get the site they deserve, if you complain about the content but choose to withdraw rather than contribute yourself then you may not be the cause of a problem but you are actively choosing not to be part of the solution. I've said before that if the people who say 'I just don't even bother anymore' all started to debate with each other respectfully and drove the content of the site then it would very quickly improve the quality. Likewise the 'here we go again' and 'typical hibs.net' stuff or the people who preempt negativity by 2nd guessing what the reaction to a story or opinion will be before it happens often derail threads before they really get started. Or when people focus on one or two negative comments on a thread and willfully ignore that they are the exception rather than the consensus.

More widely I think there is an issue with people actively choosing to live in self created echo chambers. It's most notable on a platform like Twitter. People will list in their bios all the people or opinions they will block (it's particularly noticeable among people who have strong views one way or another on Scottish independence or Brexit but far from exclusive to those debates). They are then greeted with a social media platform full of people who agree with them creating in them a belief that their viewpoint is the most widely held and without any legitimate counter argument. When confronted with anything that doesn't fit with this self created world view it just confirms their belief that any other viewpoint is bias, corrupted or trolling.

Expanding on the above I often read opinions on here that I think are totally bonkers. They don't fit with how I see things and they don't fit with the views of people I attend games with or discuss football with in other environments. That's only my reality though. Of course outright untruths should be called out and I'll challenge opinions I disagree with but I accept they are often legitimate views even if they don't match my own. I've never enjoyed only talking or debating with people I agree with, I've never enjoyed only reading newspapers, blogs, opinion pieces, social media posts etc that I agree with. For me that's choosing to place limits on your own powers of critical analysis. If everything you hear or read only matches what you already think then it's seeking self affirmation rather than challenging yourself to defend your own view or even change it (:faf::faf: some chance of that happening).

I think Matty makes a valid point above about humour. Laugh things off. I'll challenge something I feel crosses a line but sometimes you just need to shrug stuff off or accept it in the manner it was intended. There's a huge difference between a wee bit sarcasm and something genuinely malicious. I'm aware there is a bit of hypocrisy there after what I said above about the 'here we go again' stuff but a one off throw away line and repeated attempts at humour that rarely have the desired outcome are 2 different things.

It's a site for talking about football. We are emotionally invested in 22 men booting a bit leather about for 90 minutes and for a lot of people that emotional investment is a huge part of our identity. How irrational is that? It would be a miracle if there was page after page of consensus when you consider that irrational and emotive nature of football. In the grand scheme of things it's not that important. If posting on or reading hibs.net is genuinely having a negative impact on your life then just stop, you wouldn't keep going back to a pub you loved 20 years ago if it changed to a point that you no longer enjoyed it. The world has changed from the days when people had to actively make an effort to get on their PC or laptop and post on here (I remember when our biggest summer signing would attract 3 pages of comment). With smartphones and the like everything is far more reactive now. There's no going back from that but there is still a mountain of interesting comments and worthwhile opinions to be had and I still believe it outnumbers the nonsense that I find easy (maybe too easy) to ignore.

Too easy, not to. :rolleyes:

And that's exactly what happens. You can make a well thought out, sensible argument, but unless it's exactly what the reader wants to hear, it gets analysed for any weakness, which is subsequently attacked, and all the valid points are simply ignored.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2022, 10:09 AM

Cheerio.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2022, 10:14 AM
It's the sane 6-10 folk posting constant krap on every post. This used to be a great forum but not now.

6-10 sane folk, that's being a bit generous! 😉

Baader
14-07-2022, 10:24 AM
Viewed this place since it's inception. Don't maybe post all that much in relation to how often I am on here and read the threads.

Wouldn't say its gone downhill at all in all those years and the admins do a great job in keeping it on track. As you'd expect with any fans messageboard, it generally reflects the performance of the team... Part of the reason I believe fan ownership without a majority owner would be an utter disaster! Still, never used the ignore button once and hopefully never will.

Btw still don't understand what 'vButtons' are if anyone could enlighten me?!!!

jacomo
14-07-2022, 10:24 AM
That’s fair ..in a way though I can understand - if it’s not positive for the poster , they are better off out of it . This place has changed a lot over the last 5 plus years I’d say …much more toxic , combative at times..

Ha! It’s always been combative. Way back I remember people offering other posters fights… ‘name your place and time mate’.

It’s the toxic nonsense that needs to go, and folk unable to resist having a dig.

Stubbsy90+2
14-07-2022, 10:30 AM
Ha! It’s always been combative. Way back I remember people offering other posters fights… ‘name your place and time mate’.

It’s the toxic nonsense that needs to go, and folk unable to resist having a dig.

That should definitely be brought back. In fact it should be enforced. Hibs.net fight club.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2022, 10:34 AM
That should definitely be brought back. In fact it should be enforced. Hibs.net fight club.

The first rule of hibs.net fight club is you do not criticise the recruitment committee

The second rule of hibs.net fight club is you DO NOT......

jacomo
14-07-2022, 10:41 AM

:agree:

Maybe it would make people think twice before posting utter tripe??

Eaststand
14-07-2022, 10:53 AM

Yep, this is exactly how I feel too.

GGTTH

Lago
14-07-2022, 11:06 AM
Don’t blame you I am not on anywhere near as much as I used to be, depressed me 😂
Same for me.

Bostonhibby
14-07-2022, 11:12 AM
I love it, warts and all, just try to remember it's a football forum and not take it, or myself too seriously, and try not to put in print to a fellow Hibby what I wouldn't say if I was standing or sitting next to them at a game.

That generosity of spirit does not apply on the Holy Ground[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
14-07-2022, 11:20 AM

Well put.

Thanks wonder if any other support in Scotland is as toxic as ours?

Hibs fans are happy if they’re unhappy

Keith_M
14-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Was it me?

I know I can be a bit annoying at times, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Sorry

FilipinoHibs
14-07-2022, 11:28 AM
I refrain from posting because of some of the unhinged replies you get. The stuff on tactics and player assessments is usually so far from reality. Use it for information on Hibs and games. Like some of the memories threads as been following Hibs since 1968. I am too old and seen too many Hibs teams to worry about the team to much. Lucky to have seen some great ups but some terrible downs that many on here could not stomach. I will always be a Hibee and have that little bit of hope.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2022, 12:05 PM

Is that right aye? 🤔

WhileTheChief..
14-07-2022, 12:17 PM
I love it, warts and all, just try to remember it's a football forum and not take it, or myself too seriously, and try not to put in print to a fellow Hibby what I wouldn't say if I was standing or sitting next to them at a game.

Top post. Your view on the holy ground is exactly as it should be!!

Can’t say I ever noticed the OP posting before so I won’t be missing out on anything he might have had to say.

Hibs90
14-07-2022, 12:17 PM
Well put.

Thanks wonder if any other support in Scotland is as toxic as ours?

See and comments like this don’t help.

Stubbsy90+2
14-07-2022, 12:21 PM
See and comments like this don’t help.

They’re also absolute nonsense.

Mcbizz1998
14-07-2022, 12:35 PM
I don’t really get the “toxic” chat. Gets said on here a lot but it’s just a football forum.

People will overreact to a loss as well as getting over excited after a win. Some people are more downbeat about hibs whilst others are eternal optimists.

Ultimately it’s peoples opinions about a game, it doesn’t matter. If it’s upsetting you that much then it’s probs best you leave and also consider what’s important in your life.

Gordy M
14-07-2022, 12:49 PM

See this is where i slightly disagree, its a hibs supporters forum.....and it is draining seeing constant digs and critisism of the team i support. I kinda expect the view to be skewed towards Hibs with green tinted glasses on here. I work with old firm fans, hearts, Aberdeen etc and sometimes i log on here and its worse than any winding up i hear from them. Contructive critisism is fine but there are a group of posters who only ever write negative things and very rarely,if ever, write positive things. Its bizarre more than anything.

jacomo
14-07-2022, 12:52 PM
I don’t really get the “toxic” chat. Gets said on here a lot but it’s just a football forum.

People will overreact to a loss as well as getting over excited after a win. Some people are more downbeat about hibs whilst others are eternal optimists.

Ultimately it’s peoples opinions about a game, it doesn’t matter. If it’s upsetting you that much then it’s probs best you leave and also consider what’s important in your life.

Sharing your opinion is fine. Here’s a few things that are toxic (alongside personal attacks of course):

1. Claiming your opinion is fact and therefore unarguable.
2. Repeating the same opinion over and over and over again, as if trying to bore people into submission
3. Hijacking threads (normally to repeat an opinion yet again

20 years ago Hibs.net was, imo, a much more brutal place. As I said above, threats of physical violence werent unusual. But it was also more fun and a better read.

We all need to take responsibility… for example, all my opinions are correct :wink: but I know that people don’t necessarily want to read them several times!

Dmas
14-07-2022, 12:54 PM
It’s not the difference of opinion that’s the issue really I’m sure everyone can take someone else see’s things differently and possibly the reason for posting is for the debate aspect of it like being in the boozers after the game discussion type of thing.

It’s the constant digging at the club over stuff that’s just untrue just an example of one, the club taking cheap options, not spending money etc we’re spending a lot of money at the minute on players I think most signed (although undisclosed) have had some sort of fee attached, even when the clubs been criticised for loan players there is fee’s agreed on these guys if there a success when previously we’ve not had a hope guys like griff for example no chance of a permanent move because we haven’t had the finances to agree a deal incase it’s success and lost out to a bigger club.

I’m not a “happy clapper” type I can see a lot of people arguments with things being poor but it’s driving me not to bother engaging as there’s posters going to the absolute extreme that you feel you have to defend the club to the hilt even though you can see that it’s not all rosey

ErinGoBraghHFC
14-07-2022, 12:55 PM
Sharing your opinion is fine. Here’s a few things that are toxic (alongside personal attacks of course):

1. Claiming your opinion is fact and therefore unarguable.
2. Repeating the same opinion over and over and over again, as if trying to bore people into submission
3. Hijacking threads (normally to repeat an opinion yet again

20 years ago Hibs.net was, imo, a much more brutal place. As I said above, threats of physical violence werent unusual. But it was also more fun and a better read.

We all need to take responsibility… for example, all my opinions are correct :wink: but I know that people don’t necessarily want to read them several times!

What a load of *****. Square go time and place, bring pals [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil7908
14-07-2022, 01:03 PM

Agree 100%.

For anyone that thinks Hibs fans or this site are toxic, I genuinely urge you to have a quick look at any Sevco fans forum. Some absolutely brutal, genuinely shocking stuff that is so far removed from even the worst posts on here.

Stubbsy90+2
14-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Agree 100%.

For anyone that thinks Hibs fans or this site are toxic, I genuinely urge you to have a quick look at any Sevco fans forum. Some absolutely brutal, genuinely shocking stuff that is so far removed from even the worst posts on here.

Hearts fans fly a plane over their stadium demanding the sacking of their manager whilst in 3rd place.

Rangers and Celtic fans sing and discuss bigoted bile without a care in the world.

Aberdeen fans demand the sacking of a manager who averaged 3rd place finishes over about 7 years.

Hibs fans moan and suddenly we’re the most toxic supporters in Scotland, according to, bizarrely, Hibs supporters.

HoboHarry
14-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Agree 100%.

I doubt that any fans forum anywhere would thank you for a comparison to that mob of illiterates.

marinello59
14-07-2022, 01:10 PM

That's a shame, I hope it's only temporary. At the end if the day this place is supposed to be enjoyable and if that isn't the case for you then some time out at least is only sensible.

I try (but sometimes fail) to treat any conversations here as if I was having them in the pub with mates, not to be taken too seriously and always prepared to laugh at the ridiculous roller coaster ride that supporting Hibs takes you on. Anyway, hope to see you back soon.

matty_f
14-07-2022, 01:12 PM
See this is where i slightly disagree, its a hibs supporters forum.....and it is draining seeing constant digs and critisism of the team i support. I kinda expect the view to be skewed towards Hibs with green tinted glasses on here. I work with old firm fans, hearts, Aberdeen etc and sometimes i log on here and its worse than any winding up i hear from them. Contructive critisism is fine but there are a group of posters who only ever write negative things and very rarely,if ever, write positive things. Its bizarre more than anything.

:agree: that sums up how I feel a lot of the time.

Bostonhibby
14-07-2022, 01:24 PM

[emoji106]yep, I can see that too, I don't really use the ignore or report button but just choose what to get involved in, and to what extent.

In life I find there are plenty who use the barrier of the internet to be much braver and more challenging in their dealings than they would ever be in person, not just on Hibs.net. Maybe they have other issues or maybe just undercover.....[emoji16]

Diclonius
14-07-2022, 01:28 PM
I used to scoff at the comments that this place was "the worst it's ever been" a couple years ago but tbh there may be some merit in that now. There is constant visceral, almost personal abuse of players with very little breathing space clogging up almost every thread. Every decision the club makes is rounded on by a very vocal minority and "debated" ad nauseum. Half the players in our team are at any given time "the worst I've ever seen in a lifetime of watching Hibs". The hyperbole is insane.

The tipping point for many will have been the outpouring of abuse for a manager who's been in the job a ****ing month after his first defeat in the League Cup group stage with an experimental team. Battering Clyde and L1/2 English teams? Silence.

That said, it's far, far better and more well managed than other fan forums (the language on places like AFC Chat and Kickback is shocking at times, and don't get me started on anything Rangers) and I don't even read the comments below anything the club tweets as it just makes me sad. I don't blame the admin team at all, who have done an exceptional job keeping this place lively in the social media age; there's only so much you can do when you have people joining, spraying negativity everywhere, eventually getting binned and re-registering. The block button keeps me sane.

Golden Bear
14-07-2022, 01:34 PM
I used to scoff at the comments that this place was "the worst it's ever been" a couple years ago but tbh there may be some merit in that now. There is constant visceral, almost personal abuse of players with very little breathing space clogging up almost every thread. Every decision the club makes is rounded on by a very vocal minority and "debated" ad nauseum.

The tipping point for many will have been the outpouring of abuse for a manager who's been in the job a ****ing month after his first defeat in the League Cup group stage with an experimental team. Battering Clyde and L1/2 English teams? Silence.

That said, it's far, far better and more well managed than other fan forums (the language on places like AFC Chat and Kickback is shocking at times, and don't get me started on anything Rangers) and I don't even read the comments below anything the club tweets as it just makes me sad. I don't blame the admin team at all, who have done an exceptional job keeping this place lively in the social media age; there's only so much you can do when you have people joining, spraying negativity everywhere, eventually getting binned and re-registering. The block button keeps me sane.

Great post which sums up my thoughts exactly.

#2 Double Tap
14-07-2022, 01:49 PM
I used to scoff at the comments that this place was "the worst it's ever been" a couple years ago but tbh there may be some merit in that now. There is constant visceral, almost personal abuse of players with very little breathing space clogging up almost every thread. Every decision the club makes is rounded on by a very vocal minority and "debated" ad nauseum. Half the players in our team are at any given time "the worst I've ever seen in a lifetime of watching Hibs". The hyperbole is insane.

its mostly down to the undercover jambos imo. no hibs fans are negative constantly, with the exception of my dad :))

Stubbsy90+2
14-07-2022, 01:50 PM

You talk about hyperbole in one sentence and then in the next sentence move on to saying there’s been an outpouring of abuse towards LJ.

There absolutely has not been an outpouring of abuse and to suggest so is simply nothing more than hyperbole.

HoboHarry
14-07-2022, 01:53 PM
Great post which sums up my thoughts exactly.
I've never blocked anyone up to now but it's at the point now where this site would be a whole lot better with three or four of the most greetin faced, garbage spouting posters blocked. How do you do block someone?

B.H.F.C
14-07-2022, 01:58 PM

Has there really been an outpouring of abuse towards Lee Johnson?

marinello59
14-07-2022, 01:59 PM
I've never blocked anyone up to now but it's at the point now where this site would be a whole lot better with three or four of the most greetin faced, garbage spouting posters blocked. How do you do block someone?

Click on their profile then select add to ignore list. I’m assuming you haven’t already been told and you can still read this. :greengrin

J-C
14-07-2022, 02:01 PM
I understand the OP and his post count is irrelevant, I have noticed a lot more negativity on here in the past 2-3 years but wouldn't call it toxic, there are a handful or so posters who seem to jump on most threads and turn them into no go areas, a few get booted and others just troll away, I find it easy to skim through most of it.

HoboHarry
14-07-2022, 02:04 PM
Click on their profile then select add to ignore list. I’m assuming you haven’t already been told and you can still read this. :greengrin
Ah you are good mate, all Elginer's stay in view :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
14-07-2022, 02:43 PM
The name calling, digs and point scoring posters are worse than the moaners.

They add nothing to the discussion at all.

Also it always comes from the same happy clapper posters. You rarely, if ever, see folk doing the moaning having a go at their fellow fans but they are regularly called idiots and have all sorts of insults thrown at them.

That’s what needs to be stamped out.

There’s nowt wrong with folk giving their view, even if it is negative. You don’t need to respond to them, just bump your gums, mutter something under your breath and move on.

SaulGoodman
14-07-2022, 02:50 PM

Also it always comes from the same happy clapper posters You rarely, if ever, see folk doing the moaning having a go at their fellow fans but they are regularly called idiots and have all sorts of insults thrown at them.

There’s nowt wrong with folk giving their view, even if it is negative. You don’t need to respond to them, just bump your gums, mutter something under your breath and move on.

If we’re stamping things out can we put an end to this nickname?

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2022, 02:50 PM

Also it always comes from the same happy clapper posters. You rarely, if ever, see folk doing the moaning having a go at their fellow fans but they are regularly called idiots and have all sorts of insults thrown at them.

Brightside
14-07-2022, 02:51 PM

Spot on.

Pagan Hibernia
14-07-2022, 02:55 PM
Last activity 2:40pm today…

not quite out of here yet then.

what an attention seeking OP.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2022, 02:55 PM

There wasn't silence after those first 3 games, the team and manager received a fair bit of praise for the performances and style of play, perhaps not so much for the 2nd half against Clyde understandably enough.

WhileTheChief..
14-07-2022, 02:56 PM

Opposite view from myself.

I’ve no interest in reading post after post all agreeing that so and so had a decent game. Fine. There’s no discussion to be had though.

How on earth do you find the views of total strangers online draining? That’s on you if you really do feel that way.

If I’ve no interest in what someone says I don’t give it a second thought and move on.

WhileTheChief..
14-07-2022, 02:57 PM

That’s hardly name calling, more a convenient way of describing the opposing sides ����

Just to add to this, I consider myself a happy clapper on here. It’s not meant as an insult at all.

CropleyWasGod
14-07-2022, 02:58 PM
That’s hardly name calling, more a convenient way of describing the opposing sides 😄👍

:na na:

Gordy M
14-07-2022, 03:07 PM
Opposite view from myself.

I’ve no interest in reading post after post all agreeing that so and so had a decent game. Fine. There’s no discussion to be had though.

How on earth do you find the views of total strangers online draining? That’s on you if you really do feel that way.

If I’ve no interest in what someone says I don’t give it a second thought and move on.

I never said everyone should agree, and id love you to point out any thread where that has happened?? i find it bizarre that some posters only ever post negative stuff on a hibs supporters forum?? I dont mind folk posting constructive stuff, but this post season its been the new manager, the signings, the players from last season, the recruitment, the chairman, the chairmans son, tickets, food and even folk volunteering to help around the stadium....im sure ive missed more. Is it really that bad? Really?

WhileTheChief..
14-07-2022, 03:18 PM
I never said everyone should agree, and id love you to point out any thread where that has happened?? i find it bizarre that some posters only ever post negative stuff on a hibs supporters forum?? I dont mind folk posting constructive stuff, but this post season its been the new manager, the signings, the players from last season, the recruitment, the chairman, the chairmans son, tickets, food and even folk volunteering to help around the stadium....im sure ive missed more. Is it really that bad? Really?

Are you maybe mixing a few posters’ posts up?

I can’t think of anyone on here who only posts negative stuff.

As for your last point, that’s surely up to everyone as an individual? I think things have been poor, but not really, really poor for example.

But I don’t get to decide for anyone else. I am tolerant enough of others’ views that I don’t feel the need to slag them off or call them out.

If someone thinks things are total gash, then fine. Why would you care? You don’t think much of the people posting anyways, so it really shouldn’t bother you what they say.

Gordy M
14-07-2022, 03:35 PM
Are you maybe mixing a few posters’ posts up?

I can’t think of anyone on here who only posts negative stuff.

As for your last point, that’s surely up to everyone as an individual? I think things have been poor, but not really, really poor for example.

But I don’t get to decide for anyone else. I am tolerant enough of others’ views that I don’t feel the need to slag them off or call them out.

If someone thinks things are total gash, then fine. Why would you care? You don’t think much of the people posting anyways, so it really shouldn’t bother you what they say.

Show me where i slagged anyone off? I dont agree with you, so what? Am i not allowed to voice an opinion, like the opinion you have posted? Il ignore the assumtions you have made. I find it bizarre folk constantly posting negative stuff about the club we all support? On a forum of hibs supporters? You dont find that odd?

bigwheel
14-07-2022, 03:38 PM
Is this thread in danger of turning in to the type of content that the OP highlighted?? Please let’s keep it fun and interesting [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2022, 03:39 PM
Show me where i slagged anyone off? I dont agree with you, so what? Am i not allowed to voice an opinion, like the opinion you have posted? Il ignore the assumtions you have made. I find it bizarre folk constantly posting negative stuff about the club we all support? On a forum of hibs supporters? You dont find that odd?

There are more questions than answers 🎤

WhileTheChief..
14-07-2022, 03:46 PM

Sorry, i wasn't aiming of this at you personally, just discussing the issue with you.

I don't think I've ever read you being rude or abusive to anyone.

I never said anything about you not giving your opinion. I'm not even arguing with you here!!

I don't find it odd at all. I like that people can say what they like, within the rules. I think it's healthy, whether I agree or disagree with the points being made.

HFC93
14-07-2022, 03:52 PM
Hibs.net is a great site and I'll never stop viewing and posting but I'm finding the relentless negativity from a minority quite draining. It's also worse on Hibs social media.

I've just seen some guy on the Hibs Facebook page refer to 'Johnson fanboys' two games into the guy's reign as manager. Give it a rest and just back the team ffs.

Gordy M
14-07-2022, 03:57 PM
Sorry, i wasn't aiming of this at you personally, just discussing the issue with you.

I don't think I've ever read you being rude or abusive to anyone.

I never said anything about you not giving your opinion. I'm not even arguing with you here!!

I don't find it odd at all. I like that people can say what they like, within the rules. I think it's healthy, whether I agree or disagree with the points being made.

Fair enough mate, i dont mind folk getting their points across, it does make for a better site, i just wish some folk would maybe be a bit more balanced.....but it is the internet so that might be a hope too far!! Fingers crossed for a good season and we are agreeing how good we were come next May:aok:

ChicoM1875
14-07-2022, 04:04 PM
Hibs.net is a great site and I'll never stop viewing and posting but I'm finding the relentless negativity from a minority quite draining. It's also worse on Hibs social media.

I've just seen some guy on the Hibs Facebook page refer to 'Johnson fanboys' two games into the guy's reign as manager. Give it a rest and just back the team ffs.

I don't think it's exclusive to Hibs social media. It's all social media that's a bit like that.

But the way to combat negativity is with positivity. So well played for your "back the team" comment.

Mone the Hibs! The best team in the world! Yassssss

HoboHarry
14-07-2022, 04:05 PM
There are more questions than answers 🎤
Johnny will be Nashing his teeth at that comment....

AL-Qaholik
14-07-2022, 04:13 PM
It’s not an airport - no need to announce departures.

Malthibby
14-07-2022, 04:18 PM
Johnny will be Nashing his teeth at that comment....

FOR THE OVER 60S THAT ONE....:greengrin

HoboHarry
14-07-2022, 04:21 PM
Aw hey now - I'm not 60 until December :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2022, 04:23 PM

I've got a while to wait to reach that milestone.

Itsnoteasy
14-07-2022, 04:52 PM

We'll meet again don't know where, don't know when.
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day.

Greencore
14-07-2022, 05:05 PM

Stop, don't, comeback. "Willie Wonka."

seanshow
14-07-2022, 10:11 PM
Apparently, no one under 50 buys a newspaper, and no one under 30 buys a cd.

Forums have pretty much been bypassed by technology, and this one is no different.
I often have a visit quickly looking for some headline news, and back out again.
the rest of the content is like old biddies out arguing over a foostie scone....but less funny.

keep the faith
14-07-2022, 10:46 PM

Forums have pretty much been bypassed by technology, and this one is no different.
I often have a visit quickly looking for some headline news, and back out again.
the rest of the content is like old biddies out arguing over a foostie scone....but less funny.

Interesting take. I kinda agree with you.

On another thread I just got called Karen for calling someone out on the personal stuff levelled at our players.

This site is definitely not the place of wildly different but respectful debate it used to be. A real shame.

Bridge hibs
15-07-2022, 05:20 AM
Interesting take. I kinda agree with you.

On another thread I just got called Karen for calling someone out on the personal stuff levelled at our players.

This site is definitely not the place of wildly different but respectful debate it used to be. A real shame.Moreso, how did they know you are called Karen, are you being stalked ? 😵😁

FilipinoHibs
15-07-2022, 11:11 AM

Have you seen the Hibs Facebook pages? Some really crazy stuff. There must be a secret IQ test to get on here.

wallpaperman
15-07-2022, 11:26 AM
I get the OP’s point entirely.

I don’t post much here, never really have, but do read the posts frequently.

The defeat to Falkirk has brought new levels of craziness just a couple of days after the euphoria of beating Clyde. Look at the Dabrowski thread, some shocking comments. Last season he was the hero after a great performance in the derby. One poor performance (and he was very shaky against Falkirk) and the knives are out from some.

I spent quite a bit of last season following a team in the lower reaches of league 2, only went to a handful of Hibs games, but the difference in mindset among the fans could not be more different.

The fans of the team I watched know a good or bad player, but there is none of the real nastiness that went with a defeat, writing off a player’s career after one bad display, which seems to be the norm here.

I’m not sure when I will return to ER with the same regularity I once did, I don’t really miss it, the lower leagues have been a helluva lot of fun for me.

Jay
15-07-2022, 11:31 AM

A few days off does us all good at times. Sometimes things get to you and its hard to see past it but there's often lots of good banter and discussion. Speak up if you've got a different opinion, it's allowed. I've seen things a different way because of debates on here. I just wish more people would accept others aren't wrong if their opinion is different and talk about it rather than shout them down.

Hope you come back after a wee break :aok:

Stubbsy90+2
15-07-2022, 11:39 AM

The defeat to Falkirk has brought new levels of craziness just a couple of days after the euphoria of beating Clyde. Look at the Dabrowski thread, some shocking comments. Last season he was the hero after a great performance in the derby. One poor performance (and he was very shaky against Falkirk) and the knives are out from some.

I spent quite a bit of last season following a team in the lower reaches of league 2, only went to a handful of Hibs games, but the difference in mindset among the fans could not be more different.

The fans of the team I watched know a good or bad player, but there is none of the real nastiness that went with a defeat, writing off a player’s career after one bad display, which seems to be the norm here.

I’m not sure when I will return to ER with the same regularity I once did, I don’t really miss it, the lower leagues have been a helluva lot of fun for me.

I personally don’t see any sign of any of the stuff you’re mentioning tbh.

I don’t see knives being out for Dabrowski. I see a thread of people saying he had a bad game, probably isn’t ready to be our first choice goalkeeper based on what people have seen of him and should probably go out on loan if he gets the chance as it would be better for his develeopment than sitting on the bench..

I don’t see anyone being written off after one bad game either. I see people being written off after a terrible season last season and a very poor start to this one. That’s a lot more than one game, it’s people using the evidence of a full season last year to form their opinion and performances this season reinforcing those opinions.

Posts that start suggesting that folk expect us to win every game whilst playing like 70s Brazil and that players can’t have one bad game or they’re on the scrap heap are every bit as bad as anything else on here as they’re simply nonsense.

We even had someone saying it was ridiculous that people were already wanting Johnson sacked the other day. When asked to show us some posts where that’s been suggested they funnily enough couldn’t provide any. They did double down on it though and suggest people should look harder just to reitterate their imaginary point. It makes no sense to me that people that moan about the negativity of this place yet deliberately exaggerate the points being made and completely blow them out of proportion as if they’re ultra negative. It probably does just as much to breed negativity as the original, slightly negative posts.

wallpaperman
15-07-2022, 11:47 AM

I don’t see knives being out for Dabrowski. I see a thread of people saying he had a bad game, probably isn’t ready to be our first choice goalkeeper based on what people have seen of him and should probably go out on loan if he gets the chance as it would be better for his develeopment than sitting on the bench..

I don’t see anyone being written off after one bad game either. I see people being written off after a terrible season last season and a very poor start to this one.

Posts that start suggesting that folk expect us to win every game whilst playing like 70s Brazil and that players can’t have one bad game or they’re on the scrap heap are every bit as bad as anything else on here as they’re simply nonsense.

We even had someone saying it was ridiculous that people were already wanting Johnson sacked the other day. When asked to show us some posts where that’s been suggested they funnily enough couldn’t find any. It makes no sense to me that people that moan about the negativity of this place deliberately exaggerate the points being made and completely blow them out of proportion as if they’re ultra negative. It probably does just as much to breed negativity as the original, slightly negative posts.

There are numerous posts on the Dabrowski thread ‘not good enough, get rid’ for starters, and many others on the first page. Of course Rocky gets dragged into it, naturally, the latest in a long long line of our fans’ fall guys.

superfurryhibby
15-07-2022, 11:48 AM

With the way things stand at the moment, you may get the opportunity for another lower league adventure with Hibs :wink:

Fuzzywuzzy
15-07-2022, 11:53 AM
Born Digital is very interesting and touches on this a lot.

Folk in general feel more protected and have the ability to say what they want with little in the way of repercussion on message boards. Gen Z's it, have little or no want for conversation physically and communicate more through messaging as it offers them the chance to say what they wouldn't say to f2f

Stubbsy90+2
15-07-2022, 11:55 AM
There are numerous posts on the Dabrowski thread ‘not good enough, get rid’ for starters, and many others on the first page. Of course Rocky gets dragged into it, naturally, the latest in a long long line of our fans’ fall guys.

It’s hardly knives out though is it?

We’ve had hundreds of players not good enough in the past and we’ll have hundreds not good enough going forward. It’s nothing personal and there’s been nothing personal about it with Dabrowski. What is it you’re expecting, a forum full of people who either say how good he is or sit there in silence unable to voice their opinion because it’ll be seen as having some sort of vendetta? What would be the point in that?

I don’t think Dabrowski is good enough and I doubt he ever will be. That’s not me with the knives out though. It’s just me having an opinion. There’s really nothing wrong with people having these opinions and if truth be told, it’s the purpose of this whole site.

Iain G
15-07-2022, 12:11 PM
It’s hardly knives out though is it?

We’ve had hundreds of players not good enough in the past and we’ll have hundreds not good enough going forward. It’s nothing personal and there’s been nothing personal about it with Dabrowski. What is it you’re expecting, a forum full of people who either say how good he is or sit there in silence unable to voice their opinion because it’ll be seen as having some sort of vendetta? What would be the point in that?

I don’t think Dabrowski is good enough and I doubt he ever will be. That’s not me with the knives out though. It’s just me having an opinion. There’s really nothing wrong with people having these opinions and if truth be told, it’s the purpose of this whole site.

There is the crux of this, "its nothing personal", but it is as the bile and hate and overreaction is aimed at an individual human being, just look at Rocky asking why fans dont like him to see where it becomes personal. People need to think about what they say or type and how it can impact on these young guys trying to do their best to progress in their chosen career.

You can be critical without it being personal.

bigwheel
15-07-2022, 12:22 PM
There is the crux of this, "its nothing personal", but it is as the bile and hate and overreaction is aimed at an individual human being, just look at Rocky asking why fans dont like him to see where it becomes personal. People need to think about what they say or type and how it can impact on these young guys trying to do their best to progress in their chosen career.

I think this thread is starting to turn the mirror on the general trends of behaviour in social media these days . I agree it’s not healthy overall..

I liked the post earlier which suggested we post as if we were talking to a Hibs mate in the pub ..that feels the right tone to take ..I’m going to try to do that more.

Others seem to take the social media “I hate your point of view” type of tone ….

Stubbsy90+2
15-07-2022, 12:30 PM

I’m sorry but people are going to continue to have opinions on footballers. If that’s being ‘personal’ then so be it. It’s not going to change.

And yet again, there’s the over reaction and hyperbole that feeds into the negativity. “Bile and hate”. What I’ve posted is nothing personal against Dabrowski and to suggest that it is “bile and hate” is simply laughable. I’ve never met the guy, have no reason to hate him and by all accounts he’s a nice guy.

Nobody is posting “bile and hate” on this forum. All that posting pish like that does is blow any sort of criticism of anything out of proportion and starts the whole discussion about this place being an imaginary level of toxic all over again.

Iain G
15-07-2022, 12:35 PM
I’m sorry but people are going to continue to have opinions on footballers. If that’s being ‘personal’ then so be it. It’s not going to change.

And yet again, there’s the over reaction and hyperbole that feeds into the negativity. “Bile and hate”. What I’ve posted is nothing personal against Dabrowski and to suggest that it is “bile and hate” is simply laughable. I’ve never met the guy, have no reason to hate him and by all accounts he’s a nice guy.

Nobody is posting “bile and hate” on this forum. All that posting pish like that does is blow any sort of criticism of anything out of proportion and starts the whole discussion about this place being an imaginary level of toxic all over again.

I never said you posted bile and hate, it was a general comment on the tone of some of the posts.

It's very possible to be critical of a performance of a player without it being a personal attack.

Stubbsy90+2
15-07-2022, 12:37 PM
I never said you posted bile and hate, it was a general comment on the tone of some of the posts.

It's very possible to be critical of a performance of a player without it being a personal attack.

You literally quoted my “it’s nothing personal” and then went on to say, “but it is as the bile and hate and overreaction is aimed at a human being”.

Regardless, nobody is personally attacking Dabrowski on the Dabrowski thread as was suggested with the “knives are out” comment. It’s simply not true.

Iain G
15-07-2022, 12:51 PM
You literally quoted my “it’s nothing personal” and then went on to say, “but it is as the bile and hate and overreaction is aimed at a human being”.

Regardless, nobody is personally attacking Dabrowski on the Dabrowski thread as was suggested with the “knives are out” comment. It’s simply not true.

I didn't link the two, maybe you are just feeling guilty? :greengrin

Oh and my post want just about Dabrowski.

matty_f
15-07-2022, 01:28 PM

I’ve not paid enough attention to who has posted what about who, so please don’t feel that I’m directing this at you.

I think criticism is fine and can be healthy. There is absolutely no point in pretending everything is fine when the evidence tells us it’s not.

Where the “knives out” stuff or the feeling of “bile and hatred” comes from (and enough people have said it to suggest that it’s not imaginary, imho) is when that criticism is sustained, repeated, spread across threads or over multiple new threads (see criticism of Tuesday’s midfield, as an example).

You can add to that “funny” nicknames or sometimes just downright abusive nicknames that sometimes get used by Hibs fans on this sure about players or staff that we’re apparently supporting. By this, I’m referring to things like Jack Dross/Shan Baloney etc.

And I think that for all there is a defence of the right to criticise and there’s playing down of how bad that criticism actually is, I think people need to consider whether someone reading their post is going to connect the words with the intent, I’m sure people don’t think that their posts go too far or they can square off what they’ve written as just having an opinion, it’s worth thinking about how that reads, so i think saying someone is not good enough and will never be good enough is an example of having the knives out, because we know that will be repeated at any opportunity and it drives a narrative, whether intentional or not, towards that player.

It’s also worth remembering that as Hibs fans, many of us have a default position of being defensive or supportive of the club and so can very quickly get fed up of having to read post after post of folk slaughtering that thing we’ee defensive about isn’t enjoyable in the slightest and compounds how inevitably the awful football has been.

I’m not suggesting for a second that folk just pretend everything is ok, I just think there needs to be a bit more balance and also i think folk need to let go of some of the complaints after they’ve been voiced over and over again.

Fergus52
15-07-2022, 01:40 PM
Criticising a player's attributes and performances is fair enough and can lead to interesting debate.

But it's complete nonsense to say that this site hasn't had a lot of over the top, personal and nasty abuse aimed at hibs players and staff over the past few years.

Anyone saying otherwise is either at it or has the blinkers on.

Brightside
15-07-2022, 01:44 PM
Criticising a player's attributes and performances is fair enough and can lead to interesting debate.

But it's complete nonsense to say that this site hasn't had a lot of over the top, personal and nasty abuse aimed at hibs players and staff over the past few years.

Or is one of the ones guilty of that style of posting and doesnt accept it as wrong. :aok:

Stubbsy90+2
15-07-2022, 01:56 PM

This thread has come about after the Falkirk game. There’s been nothing on this site that has been anywhere near that bad to warrant the talk of knives out for Dabrowski, “hate and bile” etc since that game imo or in Dabrowskis case, ever.

Likewise we’ve never had anyone saying Johnson should be sacked but in effort to blow all criticism out of proportion and make the site seem worse than it is we’ve got people claiming that’s exactly what they’ve read when they simply haven’t. You then get people agreeing with the general gist of the post and going “spot on” and before you know it the myth of people wanting Johnson out has grown and Hibs.net is the toxic cesspit where fans want the manager out after two games. In reality, nobody has ever suggested it.

The hyperbolic way that people treat criticism such as claiming the knives are out for Dabrowski because people don’t think he’s good enough to start for Hibs (something which our last few managers would agree with seeing as they don’t generally start him), start making up things that nobody has said (Prople are already wanting Johnson sacked etc) and get so over the top wound up by any criticism makes this place look ten times worse than it is. It really just exasperates the negative feelings around the club because people are literally making up things that are infinitely more negative than anything that’s actually been posted.

We’ve even got Matty above suggesting the knives are out comment re Dabrowski is because there’s sustained, multi thread, non stop criticism of him. Again, there’s not and the suggestion there is is more hyperbole that just feeds into this idea that this place is a cesspit. In reality there’s one thread where the discussion re Dabrowskis ability is really quite civilised and fair. That’s all. But because it’s been said once, people are now on the knives are out for Dabrowski, Hibs.net is a hellhole bandwagon yet again based on something that isn’t really the case.

The knives aren’t out for Dabrowski. People simply think he isn’t good enough for us.

The site isn’t full of bile.

The site isn’t full of hate.

Hibs fans aren’t the most toxic fans in the world despite how many claims there is on here that we are.

ozwoody
15-07-2022, 02:03 PM
I , personally, think this is a evolution of social media.
When I grew up, you had an opinion of a player and discussed it in pub pre and post game ( tamsons for me) then it was forgotten about till following Saturday.
Now we have 24/7 input into this site and others so that weed can grow and be watered so it becomes "fact" by Sunday lunchtime.
Can people become critical of team? Of course , it's been happening since 1875, is the micro analysis really worth it? Unsure. We can all have opinions, but these are individual and should be respected

Iain G
15-07-2022, 02:55 PM
This thread has come about after the Falkirk game. There’s been nothing on this site that has been anywhere near that bad to warrant the talk of knives out for Dabrowski, “hate and bile” etc since that game imo or in Dabrowskis case, ever.

Likewise we’ve never had anyone saying Johnson should be sacked but in effort to blow all criticism out of proportion and make the site seem worse than it is we’ve got people claiming that’s exactly what they’ve read when they simply haven’t. You then get people agreeing with the general gist of the post and going “spot on” and before you know it the myth of people wanting Johnson out has grown and Hibs.net is the toxic cesspit where fans want the manager out after two games. In reality, nobody has ever suggested it.

The hyperbolic way that people treat criticism such as claiming the knives are out for Dabrowski because people don’t think he’s good enough to start for Hibs (something which our last few managers would agree with seeing as they don’t generally start him), start making up things that nobody has said (Prople are already wanting Johnson sacked etc) and get so over the top wound up by any criticism makes this place look ten times worse than it is. It really just exasperates the negative feelings around the club because people are literally making up things that are infinitely more negative than anything that’s actually been posted.

We’ve even got Matty above suggesting the knives are out comment re Dabrowski is because there’s sustained, multi thread, non stop criticism of him. Again, there’s not and the suggestion there is is more hyperbole that just feeds into this idea that this place is a cesspit. In reality there’s one thread where the discussion re Dabrowskis ability is really quite civilised and fair. That’s all. But because it’s been said once, people are now on the knives are out for Dabrowski, Hibs.net is a hellhole bandwagon yet again based on something that isn’t really the case.

The knives aren’t out for Dabrowski. People simply think he isn’t good enough for us.

Hibs fans aren’t the most toxic fans in the world despite how many claims there is on here that we are.

I don't think you get it. It's not about specific criticism, its about the way that it is relentless and its about the way that people are reacting and posting to even the most positive news in an irrational and non-sensical negative way.

It is relentless.

The reaction to the Falkirk game was insane and so over the top, it's the latest in a long ongoing series of deaths by 1000 negative cuts and am not surprised the OP and other feel a need to take a step back, it has gone too far and yet people like you continue to defend it as if its ok and normal and acceptable. In my view, it isn't and its been festering and growing in intensity and consistency for a long time and is impacting on Hibs.net as a place to want to spend time. Maybe I've been here too long but we should be on an upward curve, new manager, new exciting signings and starting a new season with a new glass full of hope after the dissapointment of last year.

What is the point in supporting Hibs if you cant get enjoyment out of it? :confused:

Stubbsy90+2
15-07-2022, 02:57 PM
I don't think you get it. It's not about specific criticism, its about the way that it is relentless and its about the way that people are reacting and posting to even the most positive news in an irrational and non-sensical negative way.

It is relentless.

The reaction to the Falkirk game was insane and so over the top, it's the latest in a long ongoing series of deaths by 1000 negative cuts and am not surprised the OP and other feel a need to take a step back, it has gone too far and yet people like you continue to defend it as if its ok and normal and acceptable. In my view, it isn't and its been festering and growing in intensity and consistency for a long time and is impacting on Hibs.net as a place to want to spend time. Maybe I've been here too long but we should be on an upward curve, new manager, new exciting signings and starting a new season with a new glass full of hope after the dissapointment of last year.

What is the point in supporting Hibs if you cant get enjoyment out of it? :confused:

I absolutely get it. I don’t agree with it whatsoever though.

People seem surprised that the general mood around Hibs has been crap when we’ve been generally speaking, crap for quite a while now. People will be more positive when there’s something to be more positive about. That time though, quite understandably imo won’t be after getting beat by League One Falkirk and having qualification out of a group with a Falkirk, Clyde and Bonnyrigg Rose taken out of our own hands.

You might think the reaction to the result was insane. The way I see it is that it was one of our worst results in years. I can’t actually remember the last time we got beat off a team so low in the pyramid. I’m not quite sure what people expect the reaction to be.

Stuart93
15-07-2022, 02:59 PM

It is relentless.

I’d argue we were on an upward curve and people were feeling a lot more positive until that defeat at Falkirk, are we to ignore it and pretend it didn’t happen?

We shouldn’t be getting beat to a league 1 team. People are rightfully pissed off about it as well as pointing out how poor we were in midfield.

I’ve genuinely not seen any reaction to the defeat on here that I’d say was well out of line and over the top potentially apart from the one poster I seen already calling for LJ’s head which is ridiculous.

I feel the reaction to the defeat is being blown way out of proportion by some.

Stonewall
15-07-2022, 10:12 PM

It is relentless.

Thank you for this, You’ve expressed my feelings absolutely perfectly.

15-07-2022, 10:58 PM

I don’t see anyone being written off after one bad game either. I see people being written off after a terrible season last season and a very poor start to this one. That’s a lot more than one game, it’s people using the evidence of a full season last year to form their opinion and performances this season reinforcing those opinions.

We even had someone saying it was ridiculous that people were already wanting Johnson sacked the other day. When asked to show us some posts where that’s been suggested they funnily enough couldn’t provide any. They did double down on it though and suggest people should look harder just to reitterate their imaginary point. It makes no sense to me that people that moan about the negativity of this place yet deliberately exaggerate the points being made and completely blow them out of proportion as if they’re ultra negative. It probably does just as much to breed negativity as the original, slightly negative posts.

Read this then looked at the Lee Johnson thread and saw the 1st post calling him a dud, which seems awfy like someone wanting him gone. So not really an imaginary point by whichever poster you are referring to.

WhileTheChief..
16-07-2022, 12:20 AM

:top marksNailed it perfectly.

Dmas
16-07-2022, 04:07 AM
I absolutely get it. I don’t agree with it whatsoever though.

People seem surprised that the general mood around Hibs has been crap when we’ve been generally speaking, crap for quite a while now. People will be more positive when there’s something to be more positive about. That time though, quite understandably imo won’t be after getting beat by League One Falkirk and having qualification out of a group with a Falkirk, Clyde and Bonnyrigg Rose taken out of our own hands.

You might think the reaction to the result was insane. The way I see it is that it was one of our worst results in years. I can’t actually remember the last time we got beat off a team so low in the pyramid. I’m not quite sure what people expect the reaction to be.

The managers 2nd competitive game, his 3rd week with players, new signings still to come in, that’s all forgotten about and everything has to go in the bin because of 1 poor 45mins that’s what it boils down too, there’s a reason to be unhappy for sure we shouldn’t be getting beat off them, no one disagrees with that but it’s the extreme nonsense that most fowk are tiring with like it’s bloody football manager we’re playing.
Signing policy is rubbish, manager is under pressure, if we play those 3 in midfield again we’ll be relegated…on and on and on

We’ve signed 8 players so far or something there’s a new coaching team in place it doesn’t just all take off immediately if we replace the 3 in midfield we’d have signed a whole new team that have never met each other it doesn’t just work after a couple o kick abouts at training and a league cup game early doors you can be unhappy but hold some perspective of where we are.

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 05:53 AM
The managers 2nd competitive game, his 3rd week with players, new signings still to come in, that’s all forgotten about and everything has to go in the bin because of 1 poor 45mins that’s what it boils down too, there’s a reason to be unhappy for sure we shouldn’t be getting beat off them, no one disagrees with that but it’s the extreme nonsense that most fowk are tiring with like it’s bloody football manager we’re playing.
Signing policy is rubbish, manager is under pressure, if we play those 3 in midfield again we’ll be relegated…on and on and on

We’ve signed 8 players so far or something there’s a new coaching team in place it doesn’t just all take off immediately if we replace the 3 in midfield we’d have signed a whole new team that have never met each other it doesn’t just work after a couple o kick abouts at training and a league cup game early doors you can be unhappy but hold some perspective of where we are.

If you think that peoples opinion on that midfield boils down to the course of 45 minutes then I’d suggest you go back and look at the threads from last season.

Peoples opinions of this midfield have been the same for months. Not 45 minutes.

And with regards to the relegation, whilst I don’t think that’s the case, it’s really not that extreme an opinion. Our midfield was the worst part of our team last season and whilst they played together we were the 11th worst team in the league for the majority of the season. The worst team has been relegated and replaced by a team that I’d imagine most of us expect to be significantly better than Dundee were. It’s not all that outlandish to say that if they play together again regularly which is a real possibility with the squad that as it is then we could be in similar bother.

Likewise with the manager under pressure chat. I don’t think he is. But have a look at peoples opinions on Maloney. People on here had him under pressure and say they thought he should have been binned after the Cove game. That was 4 games into his tenure. 3 wins and a defeat at Parkhead. Whilst it should be a ridiculous question to ask whether he’s under pressure, the reality is that history shows us it’s maybe not as ridiculous a question as it should be.

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 05:56 AM
[/B]

Read this then looked at the Lee Johnson thread and saw the 1st post calling him a dud, which seems awfy like someone wanting him gone. So not really an imaginary point by whichever poster you are referring to.

That’s not calling for him to be sacked though, is it? The post also said he’d be a dud if he kept this midfield 3. Not that he is a dud. I’d probably agree with that. If he keeps this midfield 3 he’ll fail, I think most are in agreement with that. What you’re doing is exactly what I’ve described, a total hyperbolic interpretation of a post. A post which essentially says if we keep playing Newell, Campbell and JDH as our midfield then Johnson won’t succeed is now being described as a post wanting Johnson to be sacked as Hibs manager.

It’s almost like people are so desperate for there to be a Johnson out post that they’ll find what they think is closest to that and then just run with it being the “Johnson out” post that they can’t actually find.

Likewise with the Dabrowski thread. It’s a thread really just discussing the player. A lot of people saying they don’t think he’s good enough but nothing personal. All quite civilised discussion. Next thing you know it’s being described as the knives out for Dabrowski thread. It’s hyperbolic nonsense.

Dmas
16-07-2022, 06:46 AM
If you think that peoples opinion on that midfield boils down to the course of 45 minutes then I’d suggest you go back and look at the threads from last season.

Peoples opinions of this midfield have been the same for months. Not 45 minutes.

And with regards to the relegation, whilst I don’t think that’s the case, it’s really not that extreme an opinion. Our midfield was the worst part of our team last season and whilst they played together we were the 11th worst team in the league for the majority of the season. The worst team has been relegated and replaced by a team that I’d imagine most of us expect to be significantly better than Dundee were. It’s not all that outlandish to say that if they play together again regularly which is a real possibility with the squad that as it is then we could be in similar bother.

Likewise with the manager under pressure chat. I don’t think he is. But have a look at peoples opinions on Maloney. People on here had him under pressure and say they thought he should have been binned after the Cove game. That was 4 games into his tenure. 3 wins and a defeat at Parkhead. Whilst it should be a ridiculous question to ask whether he’s under pressure, the reality is that history shows us it’s maybe not as ridiculous a question as it should be.

My point on the midfield 3 isn’t that they are better than what peoples opinion is of them it’s that if they are chucked away and replaced with another 3 players we are in effect gelling near enough a full starting 11, you can’t just go out and replace a full team 5mins in the door. New players and new management teams need time even at elite level.

We finished 8th in the league last year there where 4 worst teams than us and we finished 1 point off a European place, even if you Chuck in because we where playing bottom 6 and Motherwell top six teams doesn’t count nonsense that same 1 point separated us from making the top 6 at the split, 11th worst team in the league for the majority of the season is a stretch even with how poor the season went Dundee and St.J where battling those spots out from about 10 games in.

I don’t think those 3 that played V Falkirk are good enough together, I think we could do with signing at least 1 CM before the window shuts however different managers work in different ways and whose to say once the permits are through LJ will even want to use 3 CM’s, who is to say LJ will use the 3 in questions in the same roles as Maloney but there are people on here that just hit the panic button.

Your point on Maloney, he was under pressure from the off and the reason for that was the way the club went about getting rid of Ross, peoples noses where out of joint he got sacked made worse by appointing a rookie…the Cathro effect. This guy is as experienced a manager as we will get, I think in my time supporting hibs from Alex miller being sacked only Neil Lennon would have managed as many games as LJ maybe even he was less, he needs time we need a bit stability we had a shan season last year things need to change, panicking after the 1st set back clearing the throat for the first chorus of boo’s before the leagues even under way is ridiculous.

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 07:07 AM
My point on the midfield 3 isn’t that they are better than what peoples opinion is of them it’s that if they are chucked away and replaced with another 3 players we are in effect gelling near enough a full starting 11, you can’t just go out and replace a full team 5mins in the door. New players and new management teams need time even at elite level.

We finished 8th in the league last year there where 4 worst teams than us and we finished 1 point off a European place, even if you Chuck in because we where playing bottom 6 and Motherwell top six teams doesn’t count nonsense that same 1 point separated us from making the top 6 at the split, 11th worst team in the league for the majority of the season is a stretch even with how poor the season went Dundee and St.J where battling those spots out from about 10 games in.

I don’t think those 3 that played V Falkirk are good enough together, I think we could do with signing at least 1 CM before the window shuts however different managers work in different ways and whose to say once the permits are through LJ will even want to use 3 CM’s, who is to say LJ will use the 3 in questions in the same roles as Maloney but there are people on here that just hit the panic button.

Your point on Maloney, he was under pressure from the off and the reason for that was the way the club went about getting rid of Ross, peoples noses where out of joint he got sacked made worse by appointing a rookie…the Cathro effect. This guy is as experienced a manager as we will get, I think in my time supporting hibs from Alex miller being sacked only Neil Lennon would have managed as many games as LJ maybe even he was less, he needs time we need a bit stability we had a shan season last year things need to change, panicking after the 1st set back clearing the throat for the first chorus of boo’s before the leagues even under way is ridiculous.

A lot of fair points there. I think for me, whilst the idea of a new starting 11 is mental, the problem lies in the fact that we’ve recruited for so many positions but nowhere near adequately enough for the stand out problem position. As such, I’d rather take the gamble if a new 11 than playing 2 or all 3 of Newell, Campbell and JDH just to avoid a total revamp.

We did finish 8th but once Magennis got injured and our midfield regularly became Newell, JDH and Campbell we were right at the bottom of the form table for the majority of the season. So whilst we were 8th best over the full season, once that midfield became relied upon we dropped considerably from that level.

We might not play with 3 CMs you’re absolutely right and it will be interesting to see what we do go with. Most teams do play with 3 though so I think it’s fair to discuss how we’d look with 3 when it’s probably the most commonly used amount of players in CM. Who knows though, maybe we’ll go with 2 in there, maybe we’ll play a diamond and go with 4.

Brooster
16-07-2022, 07:21 AM
It's happening again, on this very thread. The same folk going on and on.

Allant1981
16-07-2022, 07:46 AM

Its very noticeable these days the same 4 or 5 posters who turn a thread into a shambles, i can see why its starting to put people off posting on the site.

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 07:50 AM

It’s happening again on this very thread. Posters posting things that aren’t happening.

Bridge hibs
16-07-2022, 07:51 AM
Its very noticeable these days the same 4 or 5 posters who turn a thread into a shambles, i can see why its starting to put people off posting on the site.What they are posting has nothing to do with the thread subject but come on tae ****, what harm are they doing ? They are having a harmless discussion on a football discussion forum, there is no personal abuse, its not toxic as per thread topic so whats the issue 🤣

Allant1981
16-07-2022, 07:55 AM
What they are posting has nothing to do with the thread subject but come on tae ****, what harm are they doing ? They are having a harmless discussion on a football discussion forum, there is no personal abuse, its not toxic as per thread topic so whats the issue 🤣

Because it ends up boring when it turns into the same rubbish constantly, you go onto a topic expecting to read something relating to the heading and it ends up the same folk posting about the same thing(just now the 3 midfielders) on half a dozen other threads so can totally see why posters have had enough

OldEast
16-07-2022, 08:01 AM
What they are posting has nothing to do with the thread subject but come on tae ****, what harm are they doing ? They are having a harmless discussion on a football discussion forum, there is no personal abuse, its not toxic as per thread topic so whats the issue 🤣

Exactly. It's a real eye opener how easily offended/hurt/pissed off people get.

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 08:03 AM

Yup.

Get offended that people are moaning about something (the football/midfield) so take straight to the very same website to moan about people moaning.

I personally think the quantity of posts is what makes Hibs.net the best Hibs forum. If you’re going to get annoyed that there’s loads of posts on certain topics then maybe HibeesBounce is a better forum for you where there’s much less in the way of posts.

Bridge hibs
16-07-2022, 08:04 AM
Because it ends up boring when it turns into the same rubbish constantly, you go onto a topic expecting to read something relating to the heading and it ends up the same folk posting about the same thing(just now the 3 midfielders) on half a dozen other threads so can totally see why posters have had enoughMost threads go off topic, read some of the “pun” threads for example which populate the forums, the toxic and constant bashing of the club is tiresome granted, but the day I get worked up about a couple of posters having a harmless natter will be the day I give up, in my opinion folk constantly moaning and further adding to same thread are no better to be honest and are just as much the problem as they are the solution

Anyway, my dug has just farted, minging wee ******* !! 🤬

Sorry

WhileTheChief..
16-07-2022, 08:04 AM

You're one of the worst for it.

If you want it to stop, stop.

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 08:07 AM
Most threads go off topic, read some of the “pun” threads for example which populate the forums, the toxic and constant bashing of the club is tiresome granted, but the day I get worked up about a couple of posters having a harmless natter will be the day I give up, in my opinion folk constantly moaning and further adding to same thread are no better to be honest and are just as much the problem as they are the solution

Sorry

It’s only alright when it’s their posts that are all over the boards. As you say, usually with puns etc. I read them and think they completely ruin threads and make them unreadable.. so I just stop reading the threads.

DIXIHIBS

This is clearly directed at me. Does "johnson gtf" sound imaginary to you. Check the match update thread on the falkirk game. Dont want involved in an argument but i am not lying or deliberately exaggerating.

OldEast
Yup.

Get offended that people are moaning about something (the football/midfield) so take straight to the very same website to moan about people moaning.

I personally think the quantity of posts is what makes Hibs.net the best Hibs forum. If you’re going to get annoyed that there’s loads of posts on certain topics then maybe HibeesBounce is a better forum for you where there’s much less in the way of posts.

And it's the people moaning about the moaners which stretches the threads out to more pages than necessary. Thus giving ammo to the moaners who moan about long boring threads full of moaning. 😂😂😂

Iain G
16-07-2022, 08:08 AM

It’s only alright when it’s their posts that are all over the boards. As you say, usually with puns etc. I read them and think they completely ruin threads and make them unreadable.. so I just stop reading the threads.

That's good to know 🤣😁

WhileTheChief..
16-07-2022, 08:12 AM
It’s happening again on this very thread. Posters posting things that aren’t happening.

You're doing a grand job explaining this. These posters are 100x worse than anyone posting a few gripes.

This forum is sound overall. I love that we can all watch the same game and come away from it with wildly differing opinions.

Take today for example. Anything other than a fairly comfortable win will result in folk on here 'complaining' or 'moaning'.

That's absolutely to be expected.

What shouldn't be a given, are the endless posts that will follow, basically insulting those doing the complaining and moaning. If they find things so draining, they should simply avoid the forum after a defeat.

Or, preferably, post their own positive thoughts without arguing or putting people down.

It's really easy to disagree without fighting or arguing.

Dmas
16-07-2022, 08:17 AM

It’s 5 pages into the topic, people have asked for examples of toxic comments some have given them some havent and some are defending there stance on it or an explanation of why it’s not seen as bad by them isn’t that what it’s supposed to be about?

If not I’d like an explanation of what’s supposed to happen and when a thread should just become dead as not to over step the mark again

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 08:20 AM
It’s 5 pages into the topic, people have asked for examples of toxic comments some have given them some havent and some are defending there stance on it or an explanation of why it’s not seen as bad by them isn’t that what it’s supposed to be about?

If not I’d like an explanation of what’s supposed to happen and when a thread should just become dead as not to over step the mark again

I have no issue with any of the posters I’ve been discussing with. I’d say the conversations, whilst having completely different views, have remained respectful.

I’d love to know what the criteria is for when the threads must stop/how many posts before you’ve posted too many times on one thread etc.

wallpaperman
16-07-2022, 08:23 AM
Likewise with the Dabrowski thread. It’s a thread really just discussing the player. A lot of people saying they don’t think he’s good enough but nothing personal. All quite civilised discussion. Next thing you know it’s being described as the knives out for Dabrowski thread. It’s hyperbolic nonsense.

The Dabrowski thread only started and maintained traction for one reason and one reason only, because he had a poor game the night before, and fine you know it.

The person who started the thread may not have had bad intentions, I don’t know, but you know from the state that this forum gets itself into after one bad game that it was never going to evolve into ‘really just discussing the player’.

Why did nobody start a thread before now saying Dabrowski is not good enough for Hibs? Because people on here wait for the knee jerk reaction moment where he has a shaky start, and gleefully get the opportunity to pile in.

Fair enough that you don’t think he’s good enough, I respect your opinion on that, have you posted this before now or were just waiting for the bad game moment?

LaMotta
16-07-2022, 08:29 AM
What they are posting has nothing to do with the thread subject but come on tae ****, what harm are they doing ? They are having a harmless discussion on a football discussion forum, there is no personal abuse, its not toxic as per thread topic so whats the issue ��

Yup.

:agree::agree::agree:

It's absoultely mad how worked up some people are getting about threads not going in a direction they like. If they dont like this place then its a bit bizarre to be hanging around moaning about its content.

I think it's also a stretch to say that the place has changed significantly for the worse compared to years gone by. Some of the posts about Mixu and Yogi on here when they were in charge over a decade ago were as OTT and disrepectful as anything we see now.

LaMotta
16-07-2022, 08:30 AM
You're doing a grand job explaining this. These posters are 100x worse than anyone posting a few gripes.

This forum is sound overall. I love that we can all watch the same game and come away from it with wildly differing opinions.

Take today for example. Anything other than a fairly comfortable win will result in folk on here 'complaining' or 'moaning'.

That's absolutely to be expected.

What shouldn't be a given, are the endless posts that will follow, basically insulting those doing the complaining and moaning. If they find things so draining, they should simply avoid the forum after a defeat.

Or, preferably, post their own positive thoughts without arguing or putting people down.

It's really easy to disagree without fighting or arguing.

:top marks

Allant1981
16-07-2022, 08:33 AM
Most threads go off topic, read some of the “pun” threads for example which populate the forums, the toxic and constant bashing of the club is tiresome granted, but the day I get worked up about a couple of posters having a harmless natter will be the day I give up, in my opinion folk constantly moaning and further adding to same thread are no better to be honest and are just as much the problem as they are the solution

Sorry

Aww dont, mine farted last night and i genuinely thought he had done a s**t, filthy wee sod!

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 08:36 AM
The Dabrowski thread only started and maintained traction for one reason and one reason only, because he had a poor game the night before, and fine you know it.

The person who started the thread may not have had bad intentions, I don’t know, but you know from the state that this forum gets itself into after one bad game that it was never going to evolve into ‘really just discussing the player’.

Why did nobody start a thread before now saying Dabrowski is not good enough for Hibs? Because people on here wait for the knee jerk reaction moment where he has a shaky start, and gleefully get the opportunity to pile in.

Fair enough that you don’t think he’s good enough, I respect your opinion on that, have you posted this before now or were just waiting for the bad game moment?

Without sounding disrespectful, when exactly do you expect the thread to start? Just at a random time throughout the summer or straight after a good game?

Of course it’s going to come about after a bad performance. If someone started the thread after a good one they’d be told to gtf or that they’re a troll and if they started it out the blue they’d probably be told similar.

And imo the thread has evolved into just discussing the player. I don’t think any of it is close to being over the top really. :confused:

Brightside
16-07-2022, 08:40 AM
The main board is utter pish now. Mainly due the to the 3 or 4 people that are all over this thread. Even adding them to ignore doesn’t help!

B.H.F.C
16-07-2022, 08:43 AM
The main board is utter pish now. Mainly due the to the 3 or 4 people that are all over this thread. Even adding them to ignore doesn’t help!

At least we’ve got constructive posts like this constantly giving that opinion.

Much better than actually reading folk talking about the football….

grunt
16-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Take today for example. Anything other than a fairly comfortable win will result in folk on here 'complaining' or 'moaning'.It's tomorrow.

It's really easy to disagree without fighting or arguing.See?

Smartie
16-07-2022, 08:58 AM

I like it.

You need to be able to walk away from folk having a pop at you, be able to skip past posts that are OTT or unreasonable and try not to get riled by stuff.

There are plenty of good points being made, good discussions being had and I don't really understand how people can be surprised about what is being discussed.

Last week's result and performance were very poor - this will always lead to a fair bit of criticism and some lively debate. I don't think it's been close to being OTT as most sensible folk appreciate the context of the performance and result.

It's hard when none of us really know one another to understand fully what lies behind short messages in text only and it's easy to let situations arise where folk get wound up.

flash
16-07-2022, 09:04 AM

Strange how none of the worst culprits choose to support the site and become private members.

Bridge hibs
16-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Strange how none of the worst culprits choose to support the site and become private members.I suppose on the flip side, if the place was only private members it would be a very small site with the same contributors posting daily, which appears to be the issue with a couple of posters due to their voicings already on this very thread

As an aside, there are stacks of ads, I accidently click on them multiple times a day, that probably contributes a few ££££ to the site over the month, win win eh

flash
16-07-2022, 09:23 AM
I suppose on the flip side, if the place was only private members it would be a very small site with the same contributors posting daily, which appears to be the issue with a couple of posters due to their voicings already on this very thread

As an aside, there are stacks of ads, I accidently click on them multiple times a day, that probably contributes a few ££££ to the site over the month, win win eh

Don't get me wrong I am delighted they aren't over there.

Bridge hibs
16-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Don't get me wrong I am delighted they aren't over there.See, you are doing the very thing that folk are moaning about though, you are having a veiled pop at them for not contributing to the site financially and then saying you are delighted they arent over there. Bit double standards given the already musings from one or two others on this thread

Anyway, Im off to buy a fartless dug !!

thebausburst
16-07-2022, 09:54 AM

This sums this site up now, keyboard warriors and wannabe comedians just full of crap now tbh.

Keith_M
16-07-2022, 10:06 AM
Is he back yet?

The_Exile
16-07-2022, 10:09 AM
I tend not to get involved with the main board and haven't for quite a while as it is a difficult read at times. The moaning and constant negativity is a pain. I do read a lot of the stuff and you do eventually get desensitised to the negative stuff and skip past it but I realise others can't not say anything, then threads decend into just petty arguments with no real content or discussion. I've been reading these forums since the old rivals days and I still see the odd poster who's name I recognise from back then but they seem to be like me, will chip in when discussion is constructive but that's few and far between these days.

For what it's worth though, most fans sites are like this nowadays, where the loudest voices tend to be the least informed so we're not unique in that. This site does still boast some fantastic discussion and insight into things not just Hibs/football related, and there are plenty threads that are a great read on the main board.

WhileTheChief..
16-07-2022, 10:11 AM
It's tomorrow.

See?

Well done. Keep it up :greengrin

Stubbsy90+2
16-07-2022, 10:57 AM

Is the site any better for you constantly telling us how pish it is, how negative it is, constantly having a go at other posters and personally attacking them/making baseless claims of sexism against them because you don’t like discussions that are being had?

Or is it just everyone else’s fault and not yours?

Jay
16-07-2022, 12:02 PM
Is he back yet?

I would hope so. Its not a great thing that people find it too much and leave. Nothing to be proud of really.

Jay
16-07-2022, 12:04 PM
I like it.

You need to be able to walk away from folk having a pop at you, be able to skip past posts that are OTT or unreasonable and try not to get riled by stuff.

There are plenty of good points being made, good discussions being had and I don't really understand how people can be surprised about what is being discussed.

Last week's result and performance were very poor - this will always lead to a fair bit of criticism and some lively debate. I don't think it's been close to being OTT as most sensible folk appreciate the context of the performance and result.

It's hard when none of us really know one another to understand fully what lies behind short messages in text only and it's easy to let situations arise where folk get wound up.

:top marks

Keith_M
16-07-2022, 12:26 PM
I would hope so. Its not a great thing that people find it too much and leave. Nothing to be proud of really.

jacomo
16-07-2022, 03:20 PM
This is clearly directed at me. Does "johnson gtf" sound imaginary to you. Check the match update thread on the falkirk game. Dont want involved in an argument but i am not lying or deliberately exaggerating.

Folk are bound to vent on the match day thread… that’s what it’s there for. I don’t take it too seriously.

For me, it’s much like the stands at ER when we are losing: you will hear all sorts of crazy but I don’t take that seriously either.

lucky
17-07-2022, 07:45 AM
Too many take football and this site too serious. Hibs are meant to be a hobby, one that we care about a lot but if you don’t like coming on a fan’s form due to others views don’t read it just move onto another subject or stay off the forum for a day or two.

FilipinoHibs
17-07-2022, 08:23 AM
Too many take football and this site too serious. Hibs are meant to be a hobby, one that we care about a lot but if you don’t like coming on a fan’s form due to others views don’t read it just move onto another subject or stay off the forum for a day or two.

Hibs is not a hobby for me. It is a way of life. Only my family and a desire for a better world becomes before Hibs.

Since452
17-07-2022, 08:39 AM
Hibs is not a hobby for me. It is a way of life. Only my family and a desire for a better world becomes before Hibs.

I agree. After my wife, kids and job, Hibs are the most important thing to me. They're a critically important part of my life. Unfortunately they've managed to age me about 20 years I think.

BILLYHIBS
17-07-2022, 09:28 AM
In the words of the great Jimmy O’Rourke “ I just love the Hibs always loved the Hibs”

I actually quite like this forum as well through good times and bad

Great for nostalgia and reminiscing back to better times

You are not going to agree with everyone all of the time

That’s fitba it’s all about opinions

Cannae wait until today’s game ...who didnae pass the ba on a sixpence and who tutted at who ?

The wife and family come first obviously

C’mon the Hibs !

:scarf:

jgl07
17-07-2022, 05:52 PM
I must say that I have some agreement with the original poster.

I largely stayed away from Hibs net for the past six months but came back for the pre-season. I am beginning to think I made a mistake, especially given the vitriolic comments about Joe Newell. Things haven’t really improved and it appears to have become a cesspit of toxic victimisation from a number who come over as spoiled fourteen year olds.

greenlex
17-07-2022, 07:20 PM
If it makes you unhappy don’t do it. If it does then do it. It’s not compulsory. I’m off more than on these days but that’s not a bad thing.